The road to freedom ~ Ashtallion, samheen 24th

Moderators: Syra, Dartimos Hammer, Mods

Syra
The Chocolate Game Designer

The road to freedom ~ Ashtallion, samheen 24th

Post by Syra »

Samheen 24th, Tradetide

Mathma led Ashtallion back through the many corridors. The woman kept quiet, eyeing the golden man next to her. He had something...dare she think it....magical. It made sense of course, since he had just visited the Battlemage Royal, but still. He intrigued her. There was a mystery in his eyes.

Ah, if only I could read those secrets. The girl sighed softly, thinking of her betrothed. He was not a bad match, but boring.

Such is life...

Soon they reached the outer doors. Mathma curtsied to the mage next to her and bid him farewell, turning back to her duties inside once more.

Outside the weather drizzled on. It did not invite particularly large crowds to go for a walk, yet voices were appearant a little up ahead between a small group of silverbirches.

"I'm telling you I never sold it!"

"Then why did I find it back on Sorungul's saree!" An almost hysterical female voice answered. "Unless you wish to change your story and tell me you GAVE it to her?"

"I never gave it away either." A tired male voice countered. "Look, Mehtari, if you do not believe me, go and ask her yourself."

A resounding slap killed any possible conversation, a woman in soft hues of red leaving the birches in a hurry, weeping.
[size=75]Chocolate is not an addiction, it is a way of life.

[/size]
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Post by Ashtallion Urdil »

He nodded to the page girl, smiling and uttering his thanks for her help. Ashtallion watched her for but a moment as she walked away, going about her other duties, of which there would most likely be many. The mage had many duties to carry out himself, his thoughts once more turning back to the more mediocre problems he and his sister faced. They would have their magical training, 'Lustros' was certain of it, his own power he was certain of, and his sisters resolve was anything but weak. But why the lies! So many to cover, stories and manouvering, I will become sick of it after a time, I know this all too well....

It was the heated conversatin among the birches that snapped him out of the day dream he had drifted into, and the mage did not envy the reciever of that slap.

Approaching cautiously, not wanting to appear like he was coming to 'nosey'. The Silverbirches surrounded him, the drizzle did not dampen his own spirits though, there was too much in his mind. " Excuse me, good sir? Forgive the intrusion. I did not mean to overhear your.... uh....conversation. Are you quite alright? ", he offered a sympathetic smile, one that touched glittering eyes also.
Syra

Post by Syra »

Long, black hair hung over the surprised face. A red print on the lean face made it all too clear who the receiver had been. Hurt, blue eyes surveyed the new arrival. "Oh great...an audience." The voice grumbled as he got up from his knees, the wet ground leaving marks on his silvery clothes.

"Well, that was just what I needed to complete the situation." The man stood almost as tall as Asht, soft boots betraying this to be his actual height. Quickly he bound the black strands back into something of an ordened braid, revealing softly curved ears. All the signs together it was highly improbable this was a full Adhiel.

"I will be fine, no doubt, hanging impending doom of judgment, mad families and jealous friends." He added bitterly. "But I will not bother you with all that. Very kind of you to come around, but I release you of your civil duties."

There was more than just the hurt over a bad fight in his voice and as the blue eyes turned to meet the golden, something happened. A tiny shock, quickly hidden by the man looking down and seeking support with one of the trees.

[/size]
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Ashtallion moved forward with swift but firm actions, coming to the gentleman's side in a heart beat, taking a grip of his arm, gently, he offered his support, " Evidently not it seems. ", his words were laced with amusement, but not to mock, more so in understanding. " Come, sit down for a moment, your wife may have landed you a mightier blow that you had thought. ", it was a guess, but to the adhiel it had seemed to be a lovers quarrel.

" I am Lustros Goldeneye, a pleasure to make your aquaintance, even if under this situation. ", he smiled lightly, not wanting to appear smug or inconsiderate towards the stranger.
Syra

Post by Syra »

The man actually groaned, his fingers digging into the offered arm. He leaned against one of the curling birches, using the twin branches as a hold so he could let go of Ashtallion. "My name is Gerenor..." He swallowed his last name just in time. "and THAT...was not my wife." He pointed in the direction the woman had taken.

He straighened up and looked Lustros in the eyes again. "My profound apologies for all of this, and my thanks for your help. Would you mind handing me...my cane?" The word came out almost ashamed.

Indeed a wooden staff was lying between the other two trees, finely decorated with faces of animals and adhiel alike. It was hard to pin an age on the ravenhaired man in the grey light of the rainy skies, yet he seemed to be out of the eary yahren by his behaviour alone. "Women!" He grumbled. "Jealous of nothing. Tell me, good lord, are you married? Do you have that special woman in your life? If so, then tell me how you stay sane!"

[/size]
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Cane? Ah, that explains something then.

The mage looked around and searched for the cane finding it quickly. Striding over, Ashtallion felt something strange over come him, would the man think he was trying to flaunt the fact that he could walk without the need of aid?

Picking up the cane, Asht held it for a moment, a sharp sensation of pity and curiosity washing of the adhiel. Moving back, trying not to appear as graceful and physically able, withdrawing in to himself. " Here. ", placing the cane on the ground, he waited for Gerenor to take it. " And it is an honour to know your name, Gerenor. ", he did not miss the purposeful drop of his last name. " My apologies for assuming too much then, the conversation seemed somewhat heated and I jumped to the wrong conclusion. ", the mage actually blushed slightly, a pinky hue colouring his cheeks.

" No, not married.... and I am no Lord, call me Lustros. ", smiling, he continued after a short breath, " I do though have a twin sister, and even at that, I know the mind of a woman is a complex thing indeed! So there is no special person in my life unfortunately. ", a note of supressed sadness almost broke into his voice.

Asht allowed his gaze to linger over the Siverbirches before turning back to regard the man more closely. So, not a full blooded adhiel. He was not prejudiced, he had been among humans and achadhiel for many, many years, studied with them, learned from them, fought with them....faced death with them. No, he held a great amount of respect for any race. " Is there anything I can do for you, sir? I pray I am not causing you more grief. "
Syra

Post by Syra »

The man took the cane from Ashtallion's hands, a grab for security or perhaps comfort, seeing how his face changed once he held the wooden aid.

Ah, to move in freedom, without constraints. How lovely it would be. Gerenor mused, taking in the graceful appearance in front of him. A kind man, blushing? Why would he be blushing? Everybody makes mistakes. I should know.

A tangible feeling of guilt knotted his stomach. How many yahren? More than twenty. It had to be more than twenty. And now he managed it again. Soufiane would not come back to him. He was sure of it. The woman was a hysteric and her family had disproved from the start. A mere woodworker...

He fingered his cane, following the traces of the depictions he had carved with patience and love. The cold from the drizzle was making his knee ache worse with every passing flicker.

Gerenor realized he was staying silent for too long. He looked up at those golden eyes again. "No need for apologies." He muttered in a low voice. "Your help is much appreciated, despite my comments to the contrary. "If you are not involved, you are a lucky man...a free man. No need to families happy with concocted stories of your triumphs, no need to prove yourself every day again in order to keep her by your side. But I am rambling. You deserve better than the complaints of a cripple."

It sounded bitter, so bitter. It would be easier if this Lustros left. Those eyes upset him. Yet Gerenor did not want to be alone just yet. There would be plenty of time for his guilttrip later on. Now he needed to find a dry place to rest his knee.

"If you could..." A small hesitation. "Join me for a drink, lo...Lustros. Just a drink and perhaps an exchange of complaints or stories, whatever way the conversation will go. But I will understand if you have previous commitments. Have no fear."

[/size]
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

" I have no other duties for now, Gerenor, and I would enjoy the drink and company immensely. I am new to Kislovan and so appreciate to offer of conversation. Perhaps you can tell me more of this beautiful place. ", he paused a moment, trying to recall the name of that Inn. " I have heard mentioned the Lotus Blossom Inn, perhaps that is a suitable place? But you may know of somewhere better. "

He placed his hands into the folds of his sleeves, resting them over his midriff, a habit he had been developing recently to learn control and calmness, or at least to give the impression of appearing intelligent! " As for hearing your complaints.... I do not mind listening, as I undoubtably have a fair few of my own that will bore you. ", Ashtallion chuckled softly, looking at Gerenor with something akin to hope. Perhaps this would be a new friendship, or the beginning of one anyway. He had left such people behind in Citadel and already he was feeling the loss of them like a gaping hole in his chest.
Syra

Post by Syra »

Almost Gerenor raised his eyebrows in surprise. He caught himself just in time. It would be rude to doubt the good intentions of this new acquaintance.

Acquaintance, perhaps a friend to be? Fresh starts, new beginnings. I might as well start again. I certainly managed to botch up the situation with Soufiane. I wonder how long it will be before her brothers come calling on me.

There was a kindness in Lustros' eyes, a willingness to get to know people. It filled Gerenor with hope. He knew his appearance was deceiving, most taking him for an Achadhiel. Normally this was no problem, yet sometimes it hit the wrong button with the wrong people.

"I know the place." The darkhaired man nodded. "Follow me."

Going slowly Gerenor guided Lustros past richly decorated buildings, flowers and greenery flourishing in the rain falling from the skies. His limp was more pronounced every time he stopped to take a turn, but otherwise the man managed to find some rhythm that did not upset his knee too much.

When they finally came to the Lotus Blossom Inn Gerenor gestured for Lustros to go in first. He followed immediately, taking in the wonderful atmosphere of this beloved place with deep breaths.
---
Situated on the eastern bank of the Cerl and on the south side of the Gardens, the Lotus Blossom Inn is clearly in the ‘better’ part of the city. The off-white plastered building, decorated with a painted frieze in a floral motif and many flourishing vines, is marked by an elegant lacquered sign depicting a purple lotus blossom and its name in stylish Adhiel calligraphy. The double doors of the main entrance and many arched windows puncture the façade of the inn. A pair of dhoti-clad doormen hold open the double doors for those who come and go.

Beyond the double doors awaits the spacious common room, with its gleaming wood floor, off-white walls and high ceiling. The space is luxuriously decorated with bright woven rugs and wall hangings, and many sofas and chairs upholstered in purples and yellows. Lush plant life abounds, and white cane cages of little tropical song birds are strategically placed amongst the foliage to give the impression of a natural setting, the floral fragrances and sweet songs completing illusion.

Beyond is the central garden, surrounded by a covered portico. Tables and cushioned chairs welcome guests to enjoy beverages or meals. At the garden’s centre is a pool; home to water lilies and golden fish. The first, second and third floors look down into the central gardens from balconies that circumnavigate the open space, and accommodations range from simple rooms to sumptuous apartments.

The Lotus Blossom Inn caters to a range of Adhiel and Achadhiel patrons, from somewhat modest to quite outrageous means.
---
Gerenor waved a servants help away and walked straight to one of the smaller tables on the ground floor.

"What would your beverage of choice be?" He asked. One could always tell a lot by how and what people ordered. He was interested to see how Lustros would turn out.

[/size]
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Taking a seat at the small table, Ashtallion looked around the Inn with interest, his sharp golden eyes taking in the surroundings eagerly. He enjoyed seeing new sights and places, hence all of Kislovan was another world for him to learn about. " Some wine will do nicely, nothing too strong though, I like to keep a level head at all times. ", he smiled and shrugged, " I'm not the most stout hearted of drinkers at the best of times, and it is best that I do not become too relaxed. ", a drunk mage was never a welcome situation.

Looking about for a servant, Ashtallion gestured one over, and turned back to Gerenor. Once ordered, the adhiel resumed his earlier conversation. " So tell me, Gerenor, what is it you do for a living? ", it was idle chit chat to start the banter, and he hoped the crippled man would take no offense to the question.
Syra

Post by Syra »

Gerenor regarded the man opposite of him with curiosity. There was this strange new feeling to the man and yet he seemed quite at ease at the same time.

Why did he take you up on your offer? Would he truly have nothing better to do? Pity? Came the thoughts unbidden. It was hard to believe after his open embarrassment that anyone would want to join him for a drink. Yet here he was, Lustros, willing to come with him despite the bitter words he'd spoken under the birchtrees.

Lustros Goldeneye...such a fitting name. It must have been made up, it is too true to be right.

The Adhiel watched his companion order a drink. The choice of words intrigued him. What did he mean by not wanting to become too relaxed? Did he have some strange habit he had to keep in check? With one raised eyebrow the man almost missed Lustros' question.

"Ah...I...am a woodworker." He finally found his vocabulary back. "Quite a profitable undertaking in these parts. How about yourself?"

Was he going to ask for his cane? To see what he had done? Gerenor felt strangely proud of his work, yet was not inclined to draw attention to it. An uncomfortable combination of feelings.

[/size]
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

At this, he hesitated for but a heart beat. " I am a battlemage. Well, a student mage still. I am not yet deemed powerful enough to be known as an adept just yet. ", there was a bitterness in his words, one smoothed over by the adhiels still calm expression. " But I suppose we are both men who are passionate about our work. I would imagine you would have to be to work with wood? Creative, inspirational... it is much the same with sorcery. "

Why did I hesitate? , was his irritated thought, Some people are un-nerved by wizards I suppose. Did I want to risk this man shutting off?

" Hence why I do not like to drink too much, it never sits well when a mage is trying to weave a spell and cannot concentrate. ", he chuckled, though such an incident would never be a laughing matter. Although the mage thougt the man an achadhiel, there was now something, upon closer inspection that did not seem right about him, but not being able to put a finger on it, Asht merely let it drop from his mind. He was not prejudice and as he had stated to others before, held a respect for all races.

Well, apart from the select few.

" If I may ask. Who was the woman you spoke with previously... I do not mean to pry and if you would rather not talk about then please, tell me to mind my own buisness. I shall take no offense. "
Syra

Post by Syra »

He was just a bit disappointed. Just a bit. Of course it was idiotic to expect a stranger to ask him after his work. They just met! And now the man turned out to be a mage...There was no way he was going to be able to impress this Lustros!

Good K'tan! Why would someone willingly go into battle? And do I detect a hint of...impatience there? Gerenor allowed both his eyebrows to rise. It was perfectly acceptable under the circumstances.

"Well, now...a mage at my table. I am honoured and yes, I agree...there would have to be a lot of creativity involved to work with the wood..or energy without breaking it or tearing it apart." He was not displeased with following up on the analogy.

Before he could find another general question to relax upon, Lustros sprung the unexpected upon him. Gerenor leaned back, grabbing a hold of his cane under the table.

"The...woman..." He managed, swallowing his pride. "Soufiane. It's alright. You caught the brunt of it. I might as well explain."

Before her family comes to tear me apart.

"I...courted the young lady." It was so hard to get it out of his mouth! "Obviously it did not work out. It seems she found me less than interested in her magnificant being...and I did not feel like putting her on a pedestal. The usual, you know. Then she found one of my pieces with another woman and...the rest you know. All I can say is that I'm glad it's over. I'm just not glad it had to be this way."

It was a very nice summary of what had taken him long and strenuous months to accomplish. The real downer was that the girl had never really liked him to begin with. Somehow she had taken him for the bastard son of one of the more important houses and had built her fantasy world around it.

Gerenor sighed. All that effort for nothing. A second time. He was ready to give up on marital bliss and simply lead out his solitary life. Or perhaps he should go back and see if Leila was still alive.

No, let's not. What I did was wrong. I should not open up old wounds.

[/size]
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

" Ah, I see. Well....again my apologies for bringing it up, my curious mind getting me into bother it seems. ", he laughed softly, eyeing the man with renewed interest, " Normally I would give out some small portion of wisdom and experience, however I have no experience in such matters of the heart and courting, no I shall refrain from making any further comment to it. ", with a nod to Gerenor, Ashtallion looked around for those drinks, obviously wanting something to do whilst he thought of another question.

" Tell me more about your woodcrafting then, Gerenor. How long have you been doing it? ", he did not want to bombard the man with too many quesions at once. " And what about family? Does your own live in Kislovan also? "
Syra

Post by Syra »

This time he could simply not stop his dark eyebrows from rising. "No experience in matters of the heart? You? How old are you then?" Immediately the impulsive questions were withdrawn with an apology: "I am so sorry, I had no right to ask. It's just that...I cannot imagine women not seeing you. Surely...erhm...well, you are not the only one with a curious mind, it seems."

Gerenor joined Ashtallion in hoping for those blasted drinks to come around. This conversation was quickly deteriorating into something the Adhiel might get himself into dire trouble with. As if waiting for this very moment the green clad servant reappeared with the desired wine. A subtle smelling white came in a sparkling crystal carafe, accompanied by two glasses in the same style.

"Ah, very welcome, thank you." Gerenor hastily assured the servant, taking over the task of pouring out some of the soft white. There was a distinct whiff of herbs in there, although it was hard to pinpoint exactly what it was. It faded quickly in the ambiance of the Lotus Blossom Inn, leaving only a faint aftertaste which asked for more.

"Please, to new beginnings." The darkhaired man offered a toast, raising his glass.

"As for the woodwork...I've been working on it for as long as I can remember, but it has been my craft for about twenty yahren now. As for family...a sister in the Citadel, a brother here. My parents...the Oasis. I take it you know of it? Was your family affected?" The mood turned more serious.

[/size]
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

An odd smile touched his lips, " I am 78 yahren old. ", no youngster by any means, " And please, I have pried into your affairs, it is only right you ask of mine, and I do not mind. ", he paused for a short breath. " There is nothing overtly serious in it, I have never came across anyone whom I have deemed suitable, or I to them. My own inclings have caused me to hesitate when looking for that special person... it has been my view that some people find being around a mage, even a student mage, somewhat uncomfortable. ", his eyes were down cast now, not wanting to look into the man's face.

" For some reason, there are those that do not trust Sorcerers. This I can understand of course. We can wield terrible power that can reap un-imaginable damage....I have seen such use of power. Yet I am thankful that there are also those that can see the good and noble work sorcery can wrought. ", he stopped, blushing yet again, " Sorry. I ramble... "

At this moment, he rose his glass to toast with Gerenor, a small act he enjoyed immensely. " It is good you have family here, I know how precious they can be. I myself have a twin sister, a fellow mage also. She is here in Kislovan, seeking accomodation. ", but as the talk turned to the Oasis, Asht frowned. " In all honesty, I have not spole with my parents in a long time.... and although I heard rumours of the Oasis, I have as of yet to gain any true knowledge of the events surrounding it. "
Syra

Post by Syra »

78? And no love to speak of? Is being a sorcerer so appalling? Terrible power? Gerenor could not help but chuckle. He took another sip and explained: "Sir Lustros...everyone holds that power, whether they use it or not. Magic might make us think more clearly on powers unseen, but other than that...we are all capable of terrible things if pushed to do it."

Another sip and he put the empty glass down. "Of course I am not considered an expert on these matters. A refill?" The man poured himself another glass, careful not to fill it up too much. He did not want to appear desperate, although the wine surely tasted good. There was nothing much he considered positive about family at the moment, but obviously his companion was very taken in with his sister and that had to be admired...envied even.

"The Oasis...I hope never to hear of it again." He followed the edge of his glass with his thumb, evoking a soft, singing sound. "It was a curse, not a chance. So many of us died..." He looked up again at those golden eyes. "Anyway, your sister...I envy you. My sister is something of a sorceress. My brother is a very succesful merchant. I am...heh...the invisible one in the family. They usually do not agree with my choices. How is this with you and your sister?"

[/size]
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Ashtallion allowed the man to refill his glass, though only the most minor or sips had been tasted. He enjoyed the wine, but did not want to drink it too swiftly, preferring, as he had said, to keep a level and clear head for thinking. Being under the influence of drink meant he would lose track of others, the comings and goings of those about him, snippets of overheard conversations. The mage liked knowledge, wherever it came from.

" Yes.... I quite agree, Gerenor. ", he smiled, as though remembering a previous thought or action, but it vanished as the coldness of that memory washed over him. " I suppose there are other powers equally devasting as sorcery, but as you have said, not as easily seen. ", I've seen the effects of such power.... Anochrim, my Caesar. May the Father give you the rest you deserve Great Warrior.

As the talk steered to family again, 'Lustros' welcomed the warm change, " A sorceress is she? Interesting.... ah, well...as for my twin. She is confident, beautiful, charming and talented. Though I dare say she out shines me. Rather we compliment each other. We are still getting to know each other again, having been seperated for a great many yahren. We had thought each other dead, but where reunited.... ", he had spoke too much, " .... thankfully. ", taking a casual slip of his wine and placed the goblet down. " Her name is Lustra Silverhair. "
Syra

Post by Syra »

The gentle murmurs around them did nothing to disturb the conversation. If anything it added a feeling of safety since people were obviously too involved in their own little talks to notice the somewhat sensitive subjects the two gentlemen touched upon.

Gerenor turned his glass, admiring the way the light broke into tiny rainbows through the decorations, admiring how the light caught in Lustros' eyes. He looked down at the table again. Yet it seemed he was not the only one suffering thoughtful moments.

Lustra Silverhair? The other Adhiel could not help but chuckle. "I am sorry...I do not wish to be rude, but...Lustros Goldeneyes and Lustra Silverhair? Are those stagenames?"

He peered at Ashtallion with open curiosity. The names were simply too much to be for real. Any parent would be proud to connect their family name to their child, specifically if they were blessed with twins! They would have had the same last name for sure and not one based on their outward appearance.

Of course he was not exactly the person to talk about families. Niome was not interested in her brother Gerenor and their oldest brother had too much on his mind to check up with them. With their parents gone it was of little use to use his surname. It might embarrass his siblings.

Suddenly Gerenor was having a hard time thinking of another subject to talk about. He's going to cut it short...this is awkward...

[/size]
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

At this, the adhiel mage seemed to flinch, concern and....something else...darker...crossing his eyes. " They are....a necessity, lets put it that way. ", he managed a smile. " Our names are real, and they serve a purpose. And you are not being rude, I would ask the same question of another most likely.. besides, tis best we get the ackward questions out of the way first of all, is it not Gerenor? "

Trying to laugh the matter off, Ashtallion did the best he could to hide the swift anger that had burned in his eyes, praying the man would not have noticed it. " No doubt I will have many more questions for you also, Gerenor. An example of which, are you achadhiel? Feel free to dismiss my abruptness if you want, I am merely curious also. ", he held not predjudice, Asht was simply one to gather knowledge, and he wanted to know all he could about this man before giving into a hopeful friendship.
Syra

Post by Syra »

The man fingered the glass nervously. He's angry...he won't say it, but I can see it. I should really learn to be more careful!

Yet much to his surprise Ashtallion did nothing to move away or end their talk. Instead he bounced a question back. It was one Gerenor had been expecting and one he did not mind answering at all: "No, I am Adhiel. The mistake is made more often. Think nothing of it. Please, ask what you want. I promise to return the favour."

Yet whatever Ashtallion might want to ask, was lost in a sudden burst of noise: "GERENOR of NO one's house, you have got some explaining to do!"

With the loud voice came a muscular man -obviously not Adhiel- and two appearant friends who all walked up to the little table which seated Gerenor and Ashtallion.

Gerenor groaned and grabbed his glass. "I should have known."

The man interrupted: "You should have known indeed before you hurt my sister! You lame son of a goat!"

Ashtallion's companion turned to face the new arrivals, getting up from his seat. "I assure you that any hurt only came from unwarranted conclusions."

The brownhaired man pushed Gerenor, causing him to tumble back in his seat. "Cut the fancy words, woodcutter. You're lower than the lowest. You hurt Soufiane, I'll hurt you. Take him outside, boys."

Before Gerenor could object he was hoisted up from his seat.

[/size]
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Ashtallion rose swiftly, eyes blazing, yet his face remained calm. " I would let go of him if were you. ", he sized the three men up, judging them with a sharp penetrating gaze. " I am a battlemage and that man is my friend. Either let him go, or I'll be the one causing the hurt around here.... ", the mage dove into his own world, bringing into his mind the threads of energy around him.

Grasping for the blue, almost translucent, threads that represented air, Ashtallion wove a barrier around the two that held Gerenor, with the intention of imobilising them. " I will repeat my self only once more....after that the sorcery gets nasty. ", he smiled slightly, his hand resting on the Pelegrim that hung at his waist.
Syra

Post by Syra »

Soufiane's brother -who else could it be?- was ready to walk out when Ashtallion got up from his seat and threw his threat out for everyone to see. The word 'battlemage' made people turn around. The combination of 'sorcery' and 'nasty' cleared out their section of the establishment remarkably fast.

Blue strands visible, tangible, swirling and playing with the mage's power as much as he played with them. They obliged him, concentrating their dance on one of the goons, yet ignoring the other as if the energy could not quite focus on the blond on Gerenor's left side.

To anyone on the outside the man on the right seemed to hesitate, his hands somehow falling back to his body. "Dylain..." His voice was urgent. "Sorcery! I'm stuck! He's a bloody mage!"

A voice in the background was calling in a panick: "No magic, please, no magic!" Quickly fading as this person took cover behind one of the bigger tables.

Dylain cursed and turned to take a swing at Ashtallion to at least break his concentration. His masssive arm came at the mage with great speed while his friends were still struggling with the concept of having to disobey Dylain if they wanted to get out without too much trouble.

A green spark joined the blue airstrands, nudging them towards the blond who was still holding Gerenor. Immediately the second man felt the tugging around his body and let go, unable to keep his grip.

[/size]
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

He frowned as he tried to ensnare the other goon, cursing to himself as his magic did not respond as swiftly as he had hoped... and then there was the green spark. That had not been of the mages' doing, but now was not the time to ponder over it. Dylain had swung for him, but the sorcerer did not want to hurt him too badly.

Weaving more strands of air, having to divert most of his concentration from the two holding Gerenor, Ashtallion visioned forming a ball of fisted air, knotted and tight, strong enough to throw the advancing man with enough force to make him reconsider.

If all else failed he had the Pelegrim, which he made sure was showing from beneath his dark cloak. Golden eyes flared with challenge and controlled fury, not wanting his emotions to over power his spells as they had done so in the past.
Syra

Post by Syra »

It was hard to keep focus on everything at the same time, especially with the very real cries and sounds of earthenware and crystal shattering as more clients left the establishment in an amazing flurry of activity.

As soon as Ashtallion diverted his attention to building a fist of air, his hold on the other man dwindled, leaving him enough room to move again. Luckily this particular man decided to leave rather than stay and see the end of this very unfortunate confrontation. The other was still held by the strange green strands, leaving the mage with enough power to actually build his aerial force and punch Dylain back.

Landing unceremoniously on his buttocks, the human blinked his eyes a couple of times, swearing as he got up and shot a look of pure hatred at Ashtallion. "We'll be back...watch your back, Adhiel!" He spit on the floor, grabbing his friend -at which point the greens immediately broke and dispersed- and found the door all by himself.

An eerie silence fell, broken by the low whistle of the innkeeper who came up from behind the grand table. "What...a...MESS! Who's gonna pay for this, huh? Couldn't you go outside to have your little feud? Mighty K'tan, I have a business to run here!" He was obviously distraught once he found all combatants in more or less unscathed state.

Gerenor sagged back to the seat, obviously pale. "That...was close." His voice sounded strained. "Thank you... friend." The word was added carefully while his eyes locked onto Ashtallion to measure his reaction. "Are you alright?"

[/size]

Return to “Kislovan Archive”