The dream of the Seer : Rebellion against the Tyrant Sam 26

Moderator: Mods

Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

As he looked at her, all he could do was smile. Gavin noticed her reaction when she tried to stand, but said nothing. She will tell me when it's time. Or not. No matter. She is here. Safe. By my side. All that matters. And as she knelt before him he merely placed his own hands on hers and held her. And somehow her words came as no surprise. He knew she would be pissed. And he was ready for that. This was not something he just did. It was planned. Just like everything else.

And as she mentioned unfinished business he merely pressed his hands on hers to make sure she would not leave. Some things needed to be said. And he was bloody going to say them now. "Wait. I gotta say a few things first. Noir can wait for a few burns." His eyes sought hers and he held them for a few flickers. "What I deserve is open for debate. I did what I wanted, cause I wanted. I decided what I wanted. It was a right thing to do for me. Got it. You were just there for the ride."

A soft touch on her cheek and he smiled again. "Silly girl. You said it yourself. You would have joined me in the afterlife. In case you forgot I love you. And I told you I would do anything for you. If you were dead, I don't know what I would have done. This.... This was worse than you being dead. I was pissed. I was beyond pissed. I had a way to make this right. Well, maybe not right, but better in my view. And I took it. Had I died, well you would have been safe from Noir. You would have had a choice. If you chose to die, it would have been you that chose it. Not some maniac who thinks he owns you."

A sad smile was on his lips as his fingers gently touched her face. "Look at you. I don't know what happened here and I am not sure I want to know. I know how I felt when he took you. And I don't wanto to feel like that ever again. Death seemed small price to pay if it would erase that feeling. Seems someone had different plans for me. So, I am alive. And I got you once more. All that matters." His hand went to his waist to pull the dagger out and then he remembered. He gave it to Sevti.

"You go take care of Noir. The guard will take you there. And when you are done, I'll be here." He grinned. "Or most likely in that soft bed of yours. Wake me up if I fall alseep. I missed you. Go now. GUARD." As the man standing before the door entered, Gavin motioned with his chin towards Syra. "Take her to the dungeons. Take her to Noir. And give her a knife. His life is hers and she can do whatever she wants with that bastard. Make sure no harm comes to her and bring her back once she is done. Understood?"

The big man waited for the pair to leave the room and then decided not to move to the bed. He was too tired. "Just gonna close my eyes for a flicker. Then I'll get to bed. Just a flicker to rest them." And he never got to bed instead falling alseep in the chair and started snoring happily. Smile was upon his lips and from time to time he mumbled a certain name.
FORTH they went, the troubled two
To see the world and kick ass too!
[b]Syrawenn and Gavin Saga, Verse 1-2[/b]
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Hands on hers.
Syrawenn looked up into Gavin's eyes. A draft of wind made her shiver. Having no hair left made life very cold in the most unexpected places. The borrowed nightgown did nothing to soothe her, yet the touch of that big man made her grow warmer inside.

He talked and argued, telling her how she had nothing to do with his decisions and slowly a strange feeling grew in the pit of her stomach. It had to do with dying...with others dying or suffering outside of her control. With Gavin suffering for no reason at all, with her not being able to get to him in time. With life not being worth it without him alive and well...

Oh damn...I would have done the exact same thing...

She looked down to their joined hands. Her fingers entwined with his, feeling the lack of fingertop left as something a bit off, but not half as irritating as she had expected. It felt good, together.

One hand dislodged and touched her face. The girl withdrew, feeling ashamed. "He never owned me." She mumbled, echoing her words to Sevti. Inside rage was seething. Syrawenn wobbled back to the bed and grabbed the wolfskin, draping it back over Gavin. "You go sleep. If the bed is too far off, just stay put."

She needed to do some serious damage to get rid of the explosive anger growing inside. She needed Noir dead. She needed Gavin not to know how he had treated her. With a little time she'd manage to ignore it.

Yeah, but first he dies.

She waited for the guards, looking at Gavin a last time.
[size=75]Gavin:She's the emerald eyed agent of chaos
Vanir:She's cute, it's her personality that gets in the way
Ulder:Syra is a great shredder of paralysis through analysis
Elvin:We call it the Law of Improbable Syrabilities
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Gwayne of Vendeling »

Sean Lwyn, watched the hill's being lit up by the lights of the beacons. "Bloody heathens.." he softly muttered. His face dark with anger and frustration. His eyes moved on towards the front of the palace, where the Arch of Victory was also alight with bright yellow beam's while its magic started to spit out the first of the legions. It would take several days to gather the men and even more to hunt down the barbarians. His eyes already became aware of the people watching the soldiers march in through the gate.

"Be cursed, Gavin Tylvan....and all those who follow you. Dominicus shall strike all down who challenge the empire and the the Empire shall crush this pitiful rebellion before it would spread to other parts of it !!!!"

Then he waited for information coming from the source of the rebellion..

In his mind a other name played .....Amber Kynterle.... maybe she was able to kill the rabid dog.

[hr][/hr]

The castle was bristling with activity. Some blacksmith's had arrived and where already changing armour collected at the battlefield for those who needed it. The sound of hammering filled the morning, smoke was rising to the heavens from several sources.
The castle itself was also preparing for what could be a long war. A war that could be fought very close to it. So craftsman where busy replacing the gates, meanwhile reinforcing them.

Outside the caste a encampment was build, where already people started to gather...with all the trouble it did bring. although the Priestesses and Priests had announced that there would be no clan fights, did it no good for those with a personal feud. So blood had already flowed. At the orders of Langredoc only the Red Warriors and Clan leaders could enter the castle armed, all others could curse and swear at the gates and leave their weapons.....or their heads.

Most people where waiting until Lord Gavin would show up. When the beacons started to burn most people concluded that Lord Gavin was the cause. It was known that Greywolf had returned with Flamesword. And the flames proved it. Now the old warriors and the young started to gather...leaving most of the women to worry about them. Although at a small part of the camp, women gathered. Women carrying weapons, women who had already wounded at least several men today....nasty women. According to some that is, just crazy to others...

[hr][/hr]

The guard, a greying veteran in chainmail entered Syrawenn's room on Lord Gavin's command. after listening to the lords requests he nodded and said with a grin "Yes m'lord. Five guards are guarding the bastard in the dungeon. Lord Abeo said that if he would escape the one responsible could better kill himself before he would get to him. I'll guide the lady myself, the others stay and guard the door. We got more men now, so we tripled the guards." He nodded towards the other two men.

"M'lady, please follow me." he said, with large strides he left the room. He was silent while guiding Syrawenn down to the dungeons. Walking down the stairs to the dark and damp dungeons. Three guarded doors they had to pass until they entered a small room where three guards stood in front of a heavy door. The guide took the key of the cell from beneath his chain glove, and opened the door. Inside the rather large room Noir was chained to a wall. Two men watched him from different sides of the room with faces liked being carved out of stone. They left the room when Syrawenn's guide made a slight movement with his head, closing the door behind Syrawenn.

Noir was gagged, but his eyes fixed at Syrawenn told a story of mixed fear and anger. His upper body was bare and showed signs of fighting, what he seemed to have lost. The black eye also confirmed that.

He was totally at Syrawenn's mercy............

[hr][/hr]
The Goddess is at my side, until she decides to leave me...

Posting on possible days Avatar from our lady Finley.. a mistress of capturing dreams and nightmares in word and pictures.
http://pixieface.deviantart.com/
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

"Fuck breakfast," she muttered softly. "I won't be needing it..."

Langredoc smiled tiredly towards the woman in the bed. "That proves that you are not a warrior nor poor. A warrior never knows when his next meal shall be, so he eats when he can. A poor person just eats what he or she can get."

He was just dressed in some plain blue coloured clothing, no weapons, no armour. But tiredness was written all over his face. He had eaten himself, the leftovers waiting to be taken away beside the chair he was seated on.

"There is clothing for you at the end of the bed, I hope you like it. Your own clothing has been taken away on my orders. I shall make arrangements for you to leave this place. Besides, you me, lord Gavin and maybe lady Syrawenn nobody knows that you failed. So you can go back, and ...... be happy with your job...with your life. Its actually safer for you. Soon it shall be war around here. Already are those who want freedom of choice gathering around the castle. The beacons are lit, telling everybody that its war. But its not your war, its ours. Especially for those like me who live by the old code."

He smiled sadly. "There are not many left of us now, money is more easy to collect and better to spent then honour these days."

His eyes fixed on the back of Amber... "Why did you become a Assassin ?" he softly asked.
Last edited by Langredoc on Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[quote]I am the warrior of the raven, traveling from war to war feeding on the dead and the living alike. Until darkness fall's.[/quote]

Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber was only partly listening to Langredoc. The pain in her head was still there, and promised not to be going away any time soon. She was still going through the shock of everything else that had happened to her as well. She really wasn't in the mood to talk right now. All she wanted was to be left alone. To think about things. Think about what had happened, and what she had done. Maybe get a chance to finish herself off properly.

But then he mentioned going back, and that caught her attention. She rolled over and smiled at him, but it was a sad, bitter smile. "Go back," she echoed softly. "I can't back. There is no going back for me. It doesn't matter whether or not I failed. They know I've been gone, and I wasn't supposed to be gone. They'll ask where I was, and they have ways of making you tell the truth. Then they'll ask me whether or not I killed Gavin... and again, they'll make me tell the truth. No... I can't go back. The only way I could go back is to kill Gavin. And I don't think I can do that anymore."

She stayed facing him, her arms clutching her sheets close to her body, but her eyes refused to meet his. "I became an assassin," she explained, not sure why she was bothering to tell him this, "because I was good with knives. Didn't matter what kind of situation I was in, I could always hit my mark with them. My talent caught the eyes of some soldiers, and they were so impressed that they mentioned they had heard of people looking for ones with talent with small weapons." She smiled a bit, wistfully. "Turns out those people were Royal Assassins, looking to recruit a few more to their ranks. And me... well I'd always wanted to serve my country, to fight. But I wasn't any good with a sword or a bow, so I figured, I'd never become a good soldier. But then all of a sudden, here I was given a chance to fight, in a way that I knew how."

She shrugged. "I figured I could handle it. I mean, I'd killed people in fights before with my knives... my first when I was only 17. I thought this wouldn't be any different. And at first it wasn't. The people I was sent after were criminals, murderers, spies... real enemies. But then the sides became blurred. Who was really evil, and who was on our side, and who wasn't on either side? I couldn't tell anymore. But it didn't matter. Someone above me had to know, else I wouldn't have been given the orders. So I made myself believe, anyway. And so I killed... and kept killing... until it didn't matter anymore."

Her eyes finally met Langredoc's. "I'm a killer now," she whispered in a tone that sounded a lot like horror. "I live for the hunt. I live to spill the blood of my prey. It's all I care about now... it's who I am. I'm an Assassin... through and through..."
Cowgirls Exotica's "Queen of Hearts" - 2008
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Syrawenn took every step with great care, trying very hard to ignore the sharp complaints from her ankles for now.

It's only a little walk. She kept telling herself. Only a little walk. After that everything is alright. Only a little walk.

The girl had to steady herself several times throughout the strange journey to the dungeons. Breathing was such an effort right now that she had to sit down half way, head between her knees.

And THIS...She breathed deeply. Is why I don't like getting sick...Damnit...Can't let this get to me. Not now. Been there, done that. Fever gone. Get up. GET UP!

Dizziness passed and on they went. There was no energy for quips or sarcasm. She saved it all for the confrontation.

The door opened.
And there he was.

Syrawenn steadied herself, lifted her chin and stepped inside. The dagger was in her hand. It balanced nicely. Now other things needed to be balanced badly.

The girl in the nightgown watched Noir. There was no emotion in her eyes, no need to speak in her mind. The blade was lifted and quickly cut his throat.

She stepped back and watched him bleed.
She watched him being drained.
She watched him until he was dead.
Very, very dead.

The dagger was dropped at the threshold as she stepped out again. A look at the guards: "Check if he's dead, please."

Only when they affirmed it, the girl moved back up to the room where Sevti had taken such loving care of her, ignoring the blood on her nightgown.

Gavin was asleep.
She smiled shortly, her eyes still not convinced of the need to live.
Crawling back into bed the girl stared at the ceiling for a long, long time.
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

Langedoc was silent for a burn or two, his eyes piecing those of Amber. His own reflected tiredness, worries and resolve....

Langredoc was tired, realising that he would never have enough time to handle this delicate situation in the way it actually deserved. She looked like her brother he realised. The same resolve was in her eyes, now blurred by her desperation. She seemed to him to be trapped in herself and only she could release herself.

The story of her killing at seventeen brought back a memory that he tried to suppress all of his life. The eyes of the other squire blurring while death took him...the blood of the other boy flowing over his hands when he pulled the knife back. A voice saying "Pay up Undernal, my squire did win. He is maybe only eleven. But by all the whores of the Netherworld he is a survivor." It made him decide then and again that he would never become a mere murderer. He would challenge the world and win.

Then his memory fell back to Ambers brother...he had been scared for spiders and rats. But he cared for the people who worked for him. And he had stood up for them..and that had costed him his life. Actually it had costed both of their life's. He could still feel the dagger penetrate his back... she had been pretty and sweet while she had stayed at the house for almost four years. But she turned out to be a Royal Assassin and her dagger had penetrated deep in his heart....

So he decided to force a situation, he had no choice a war was coming and many things had to be done. But he did not feel good about it. But it had to do.

"Maybe I shall tell you my story when you ask for it....some day. Today you have to make decisions Amber Kynterle. Your brother was a friend, he made his decisions and did what he thought that was good. He died for it. Only you can judge if what you did was good or wrong. Many people have done things that they thought where good......but turned out to be wrong.

Just know that on my hands has maybe just as much blood flown as yours....and before this war is over more shall do. And I believe myself to be good."

A sad smile flowed over his face.

"Now you have choices. First one, I arrange guides and money for you and you leave for the outskirts of the empire. You hide, marry, be happy and forget all this.

Second one, you just give up on everything. I put my sword on this chair and you kill yourself. Or you ask me to do it.

Third one, you pick up my sword and bring it back to me. I make you my squire. We change your name and you stay with us. That does not mean that I can guarantee a safe or peaceful life. But you could make a difference for some people and feel better.

Your choice...... Amber Kynterle."

Rising from the chair with a slight grimace of the now stiff wound in his side, he made his way towards the door. There he asked the guard to hand him his broadsword. Taking it out of its scabbard it reflected the light that came in from the window. Then he lay it to rest on the chair.

"I am going to take some rest.... I wish you all the good in the world Amber Kynterle, as I always will."

Then he left the room....leaving the sword.
Last edited by Langredoc on Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[quote]I am the warrior of the raven, traveling from war to war feeding on the dead and the living alike. Until darkness fall's.[/quote]

Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber bristled a bit at Langredoc's first offer. He obviously didn't think she could take care of herself by mentioning it. He wanted to give her guides and money? Little did he know that she'd traveled all across the Empire throughout the past seven years, many times without guides or any sort of help beyond a half outdated map. And money? She had more funds at her disposal than a well-off merchant family did. But she kept her feelings on that matter to herself as he went on to lay out other options. Besides, she didn't want to pretend she was someone else anyway. She'd already decided that.

The second option appealed greatly to her. Right now, she didn't feel like living. Why bother? She'd betrayed her master by failing to kill Gavin. She had no reason to go back. Gavin - and probably all the rest of her old friends by now - hated her guts. They'd kill her as soon as they saw her. She had nowhere to go. Nothing to fight for. Death would be a welcome release....

His third option didn't really sound all that interesting to her. She'd have a purpose in life, no matter how shallow it might be, but it also involved her trying to pretend she was someone else. She was about to discard it out of hand, and tell him right then and there that he might as well kill her himself. But as she thought about it... she wasn't ready. She wasn't ready to just... end everything. Wasn't ready to leave the world behind as it was. Wasn't ready to leave everyone else behind, and have them remember her as she was now. If she died now... everyone she had ever cared about would always remember her as a traitor and a murderer... a piece of scum... the basest of animals. She couldn't bear that thought. She couldn't allow it...

When she looked up, Langredoc was already gone. Resting against the chair was his massive broadsword. She regarded it for a long moment, then made up her mind. She slipped out of the bed and put on the clothes he'd left for her. They were rather simple attire, nothing fancy, but they fit her form well, and would allow her to move fast if she had to.

Then, she picked up the sword, and headed for the door... to find Langredoc.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

It might have been flickers, or burns, or marks since he fell asleep. He felt refreshed and ready, despite the awkwardness of his pose. But, the chair was far more comfortable than some places he was forced to sleep in. Much more comfortable than the Caesar's dungeon. No shackles this time. And without opening his eyes, the big man tried to remember where he was.

A briefest move to adjust himself more comfortably sent sharp lances of pain through his side. And that made him remember. "Traitorous bitch." He whispered those words as his teeth gritted and he straightened up. He knew where he was and for a flicker he pondered whether to open his eyes or not. Afraid of what you will see? Or won't see? Afraid? And with a scowl he opened his eyes and spied Syra lying in her bed staring at the ceiling.

For almost a burn he sat there watching her. Trying to note every part of her face. Every little imperfections. Every little scar and wrinkle. And he smiled. She was ever pretty. But, to him she was beautiful. Not perfect. He did not want perfect. And as much as he would have liked to just look at her, he needed to hear her voice more than that. And once more the scar at her throat came into view. And once more curiosity sparked. And once more he remained silent.

"Is it done? Is he dead? I see the blood. So he must be dead. Now you are safe. Or maybe not safe. Safer than before. One less worry. Thousand more remain." A weak smile as he looked at her bald head. "He deserved to die. For all he did to you. If there is someone else who hurt you, you need only say. We will find him. Or her. Together. No more running away. You got a problem, we talk. And we solve it. Together. Fighting. Not by running away. Okay?"

Whatever her answer was he knew he would not let go. "Same goes with me. I got problem, I talk. And we solve it. I got a lot of problems. I need help. Will you help me? I got a war to fight. I got Clans to unite. I got a tyrant to kill. And then I can rest. Maybe." He got up and leaned over her. His face lingered over hers before he planted a kiss on her lips. Simple, brief touch of their lips and then he rose a few inches and stood there watching her eyes. Smiling.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Afterimages played on the ceiling. Light interacted with shadow, creating creatures of legend and nightmares. It was impossible to close her eyes.

Death should have solved this.
Noir's death should have been a relief, an end to all the damn trouble.

Why wasn't it?

Syrawenn breathed deeply. Maybe people had been right. Maybe in order to really solve it, she should die as well. Why was there so much wrong when Noir was dead already? She could not bear to look at herself. That weird flesh that was supposed to be her body did not fit anymore. She loathed this weakness, the deficits, the sudden boundaries put to her by the inability to move as she wanted.

Running.
He was talking of running.
She couldn't, even if she wanted to.

Do I want to?

She did not want him to look at her like this. This was not her! This was some weird, weak excuse of a living being. The girl wanted to be strong, independant. Independance was hard to come by like this.
She wanted to cry, but the tears were locked up behind mockery and anger. Bryton had seen to that.

I could handle it.
I know I could.
What changed?

He's expecting an answer.
I don't want to talk.

And then came the easy way out. The one road that would allow her to ignore all this; the one question she could answer when the rest only wanted to hide.

"I'll help you." Her darkgrey eyes turned to Gavin. "I'll help you find your rest." The kiss that followed was short, him watching her took too long. The girl averted her gaze, curling up in the blood-smudged bed.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Her words made his heart leap. And for a flicker he knew profound joy. But, then she averted her gaze and his breath caught in his throat. And so with a nervous cough he straightened, pain in his side least of his worries. For a few flickers he just stood there by her bed and then whispered. "Rest. Sleep tight. I'll be... around. See you." And with a last brush of his finger against her shoulder he turned and strode out. Absent mindedly he waved to the guards and strode back to Noir's room. My room now. Though I am not sure if I want to live there.

As soon as he was in the doors were slammed and the big man leaned his back against them. His mind raced through the options. This last day was not something he wished. So many bad things happened. And two people I spoke to... Well, they seemed to be.... They.... Amber stabbed me. Wanted to kill me. And Syra she... She turned her head. Maybe Sevti was right. Maybe, the price I paid was too high. And he suddenly realized something.

With a rush he ran to the wardrobe and started throwing the things out. Clothes flew all around the room as he dug within for an object that suddenly became very important to him. He was looking for a mirror. And, just as he was about to give up his search and search in another room, he found what he sought at the bottom of the wardrobe.

It was a small thing. No more than half a foot across, but he did not need anything more. With a deep breath he held the small round piece of metal and stared at its back and then flipped it over. And for the first time witnessed his change himself. His eyes traveled across his own face and after a few flicker his fingers came to his face. Brushing the new lines there. Tracing the deep lines that appeared there overnight. Tracing the old scars. And a few new ones.

And then with an angry throw the precious little thing flew over the room and smashed into the wall. For a few flickers it rolled on the floor with a clatter before settling down. Even before it stopped he flung himself into the chair and sat there brooding. Dortman's fists clenched and unclenched violently as his mind was filled with anger. No wonder she turned. What have I done? What have you done? This was not what I bargained for. My life for her safety.

But, it was not enough. He could not keep the words in anymore. And his voice started low at first, but rose with each new sentence. "My life for her safety. That was the deal. No half deals. Not this." a bitter laugh escaped his lips. "A cruel game. Life is cruel. Hah. Nicely done. Make me suffer some more. Well, guess what? No more. She has a choice. And I will make sure she knows it. It will be her decision. Not yours. She does not need a wreck like me. She deserves better. And I will give her better." And with a leap he was back on his legs.

The chair clattered on the floor as he was already on his way back to the door. The guards were paid no attention as he rushed down the hall once more. It might seem silly for him to be back so quickly, but he cared not. And with care, he opened the door to her room and peered inside. Silently he crept in and sat on the same chair he vacated mere minutes before.

With reluctance his hand once more reached for her shoulder and offered only a briefest of touches. "Erm, Syra, I want you to know I will understand. I have not realized what I have done. I know I did it for you, but don't feel any obligation. I would do it again, but you... I... I mean, I have seen what this did to me. And I understand if you feel..... Well, I am a wreck now. And I know you are angry with me for messing with your life. So, if you want....." The words failed him. Tears wanted to burst out, but he held them back. I will not cry. I won't burden her with my tears. She knows now. She can choose. I need her. But, I can live alone. Like I did so far. I won't torture her to be happy. She is more important. She is the only thing that is important. And with dread he awaited her words.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

As soon as she turned, the big man was gone. She heard the whisper, she felt the touch...and then he was gone.

I won't cry. She curled up further, protecting herself from the world. I won't. I won't.

The girl was trembling vehemently, wishing for the somaniest time to just forget about everything that had happened. Gavin was right: he had made his own choice and there was nothing she could do to change it, unless she found out how to give him some of her yahren instead.

The easy way out.
It was hard to keep remembering she was a person. Somewhere the detachment had worked so well the young woman did not feel like returning to her abused body at all.

The easy way out.
If she could just focus on Gavin. It had to be hard to wake up in an old man's body. Alright, so he felt lively enough and certainly had not lost much of his strength over it. But how many yahren were left? Death was coming so much closer, with enough time to agonize over it instead of the quick, easy death he had bargained for.

So, does that make him a coward?
And who am I to talk...

Quickly her mind turned away from the last few days again.

Gavin, think about Gavin. Help him. Try to somehow...give him time back. And if not: a few more yahren is better than nothing, right? You never expected to see him again. See it as gain, sheer gain.

But what if I can't do it...what if I don't want life anymore?

Fists clenched against her breast.

No, no, no. You can do it. Just go on like you did after the dungeons. It's not much differently, is it?
But what is left? I can't run, I can't...I don't want people to see me. Please, just let em ignore me. I wanna be invisible. Please please please just let em all go sit on a roof somewhere. Leave me alone until I can pretend to be whole again.
I can do this.
I can!

A sob escaped.

No crying.

A soft hand on her shoulder shook her from the half sleep that had snuck up. The words that followed were quite enough to shake her up a lot harder.

A quick grasp, a sharp turn of her head and her teeth sunk into the palm of Gavin's hand...again. Only this time the girl did not hold back. She was angry, canines sinking through the skin and drawing blood.

How DARE you! How DARE you imply a few grey hairs scare me off...you think me that fickle, my heart so damn shallow?
How...you BASTARD!

"Wolves..." She growled. "Mate for LIFE, even if YOU don't seem to think so!"

Breath was coming in short bursts. There was nowhere to go, no way to vent her conflicting emotions. He should not see her like this, a broken toy. She needed to be strong, not this imbalanced. She needed...
Him.

Thoughts just blanked out. Syrawenn was sure there were a lot of good reasons, a lot of interesting things to say or to think of, but her mind refused to work. Life and nonlife both appealed so strongly without her wanting to leave the man's side. There was no explaining, only the inability to understand what had happened, the inability to accept the pain, just wanting to revert back to the one emotion she understood and controlled: anger.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Syrawenn left the cellar and the men watched the hanging remains of the man former known as Noir.....
They felt no pity for this man, they had seen the results of his life style in a death pit near this cellar. The orders had been clear, they had collected the remains of the poor buggers in the deathpit and now it would have a new occupant.

They removed the chains and dropped the body on the ground. Dragging it over the floor to the opening of the death pit where with a swift kick the body fell, disappearing into the darkness until a soft splashing thud was heard.

Then two stonemasons started quickly with sealing of the hole, working in a uneasy silence. Under the piercing eyes of the two red warrior knights. The work was finished within two marks, then everybody left and darkness reclaimed the bowels of the castle.

Deep below the castle Noirs corpse lay in the stinking water that had harboured so many of his and his fellow's victims. His corpse opened its non seeing eyes.......... A slow movement with a slow moaning sound followed when the body rose from its watery grave and walked away into the cave. Sometimes punishment does not end with death..... nor does revenge.

[hr][/hr]

The winter was cold, the thick walls of the castle absorbed it and released it into bones of its inhabitants. While weeks past, people told each other that this was the coldest winter the old remembered. But it did not stop the clan chieftains to arrive with their warriors and make their approach towards Lord Gavin. And the cold was also not able to stop hotheads to try to end old feuds among the clans. Although the red warriors did their best to keep the peace. Food was also increasingly becoming a problem, a army was growing around around the castle.

Syrawenn recovered mostly from her ordeal in this time. Her body weakened but her spirit..... well was still strong, or what some called rock stubborn. She also noticed that her period stayed away.

Abeo enjoyed the time, kicking some of the clan members back into the ranks was enjoyable and Sevti was a wonder in his life. Although he was bit worried about the future, but it would be nothing that he could not handle.

Sevti felt good, although her pregnancy. But she had visions when she slept and sometimes even when she was awake. Visions of armies gathering around a portal, of commanders discussing tactics and timing. Complaining that the weather prevents them to march. Their leader looked remarkable like Syrawenn, on the map on the table was one spot marked with a X, the place of the castle, several other symbols surround it.

Langredoc went on with organising security in the castle. He offered Amber
to get her chainmail, a helmed and a sword. And to train her with it. As would it better that his squire would not be ...... a look alike of a royal assassin. Langredoc seemed not to sleep much, as he was a bit of a fanatic in his job. although he took his time trying to make amber talk about her training as Assassin.

The morning was bright when Amber watching the gates saw some clansmen enter. But these where not clansmen...... they where royal assassins. And known to her...
Last edited by Gwayne of Vendeling on Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posting on possible days Avatar from our lady Finley.. a mistress of capturing dreams and nightmares in word and pictures.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Outside it was cold. Inside it was worse.

Despite the hearthfires burning all day long Syrawenn could not shake the freezing clump of ice growing in the pit of her stomach. She practiced every spare moment she had to get her body back into shape, but things were not proceeding as they were meant to be.

Of course she had missed periods before. It happened with a lifestyle like hers, but this time it felt different. This time there was a slight case of nausea -which might well be caused by sheer nerves. This time...

Oh, this had better be my imagination or miscalculation...Please, don't let this be true, don't let this be happening. Not now...

Her mood darkened with every day, leaving her to roam the castle alone where nobody might take notice -or offense. She ran through the corridors, carefully placing her feet to strengthen the maltreated tendrils and muscle tissue. She jumped and kicked and hit the thin air to get back her stamina and speed...and to get rid of a lot of anxiety for what might be happening.

Already her mind was turning towards certain herbs she had heard of. This was simply not to happen. It could not happen. It should not happen. The girl needed to stop this before it went too far. Her disturbed mind refused to speak with anyone on the subject. They would just convince her to let nature take it's course.

Luckily people were generally too busy to notice and what moments she had with Gavin might just be short enough to make him think she was just pissed off at the lack of running speed. So off she went again after the morning's breakfast, off to run alone through the castle and to hide where no one might notice her increasingly bad moods.

Right now there was nothing useful coming out of the girl's hands.
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

As the days passed, Amber went about the work and tasks that Langredoc assigned her stoically. She didn't talk much, and she never smiled. In fact, she didn't show very much emotion at all, at least around others. But when she was alone, it was a different story. Many of her waking hours were spent in anger, anger at herself mostly, though for what exactly, she couldn't say. For letting Gavin live? For becoming an assassin in the first place? For what? At nights, she often cried herself to sleep, again, unsure as to why. Perhaps it was just pent up emotions releasing themselves. She continued to have nightmares, often bloody and violent, dreams in which she was forced to kill all of her victims one by one, again and again.

Then came the morning she was standing sentry duty. She was on the walls of the fortress, some distance from the gates, but she saw the strangers enter. Even from here, she could recognize them. She bit back a curse, watching with trepidation and confusion. First of all, what were they doing here!? And secondly, why had they been let in? If they recognized her... they'd kill her for sure! But she watched silently, waiting to see what would happen.
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

Her visions and dreams disturbed Sevti and she spent a lot of her time trying to figure them out. She spoke with Abeo about them, needing a sounding board for her thoughts and feelings, but all the talking got her nowhere.

So she took to watching Syrawenn when the girl thought she wasn't looking. Something weighed heavily on her friend's mind as well, the priestess could tell. She saw the nausea affect the girl in the mornings, the way that the girl avoided everyone. Her own burgeoning belly led her to the only conclusion the priestess could make - Syra was with child. And the priestess knew her friend was struggling with what to do about it.

One morning, Sevti decided that the girl had enough time to mull this over on her own. She hadn't been quick enough to catch her at breakfast. She spent half of morningtide looking for the girl before she found her on one of the seldom-used staircases.

"Syra," the panling stood in the middle of the stairs, blocking the girl's way down. "I've been looking for you this morning. You can't keep this inside yourself, you know." With Syra, Sevti reasoned, the straight forward approach was always best.
"First let's just unzip your religion down" - [i]Crazy[/i], Tori Amos
Tickle-fight champion.
[i]Avatar is At the Edge of the World by Electra[/i]
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

"Syra."

Damn!

Syrawenn was so sure nobody ever used these stairs. She looked up from her feet to see Sevti blocking the way further down. Getting up from the cold stairs the young woman brushed off her hands and listened to what the priestess had to say.

It wasn't much.
And it was quite enough.

Can't keep this inside, eh? You BETCHA I don't want this inside!

"You been looking for me..." She repeated to buy some time. No way she was going to give out any hints if Sevti just happened to be talking about something else!

"So, what if I just want time alone? Not used to people, ya know."

Don't give her anything to work with. Move on already, Sev! It's none of yer business!

It was a strange combination of confusion, anger and fear that coarsed through her veins. For now the woman knew how to surpress most of it, but she did not like the thought of blowing up at Sevti. Somehow the priestess had proven to be a friend.

And I ain't good with friends. Wow, I'm a sucky person.
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

Sevti shook her head with a small chuckle. "It's not that, Syra, and we both know it. Or, it's not all of it. You just don't know what to do." She continued up the stairs one slow step at a time. "Look, I know that you think you don't need anyone, that you can make every decision on your own. But it just doesn't do you any good."

Stopping on the stair below her friend, she put a comforting hand on Syra's arm. "Is it Gavin's?" she asked softly. She refused to let the younger woman prevaricate, but that didn't mean she couldn't give her all the compassion she had.
"First let's just unzip your religion down" - [i]Crazy[/i], Tori Amos
Tickle-fight champion.
[i]Avatar is At the Edge of the World by Electra[/i]
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

ooc
Annnnd we move to the side again not to flood the others :)

Interested in the rest? Read up in 'Rebellious ladies'!
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

He was busy. His days were filled with duties. He studied the books on tactics and diplomacy. Studied the Clan customs and their ways. He was preparing for the War Council. And he was preparing for the surprise he would drop in their lap. In the past he learned how the Clans worked the hard way. He swore he won't make the same mistake again. This time he would be ready and this time he would be heard.

He saw precious little of the others. Syrawenn seemed busy during most of the day, and he asked no questions. Though still unsure if it was right, he gave her the freedom to act as she wants. She knows I will listen. And she knows I won't pry. I hope she decides to share her problems next time. That was pushed away. Instead he focused on other problems.

He crossed paths with Amber once, but managed to move aside before he was noticed. A strange lack of any emotion surprised him a bit. Not even rage. Nothing. She was there and she was just another person in the Castle. She was Langredoc's problem now. That too was pushed in the back. No need to worry about it when he had so many other worries.

The big man was slowly getting used to his body. He was not as spry as he used to be, but it was not so much of a problem. In fact, he looked respectable now and he would need it in the negotiations. He saw the effect his looks had on people as all the Clan leaders approached him. They heard the stories and they saw they were true. Rumors were flying. For a while he pondered making a few choice rumors himself, but thought better of it. It was just too dishonorable.

Dark moods came over him as he sat alone reading. He pondered the reasons for all this. And most of all he pondered the wisdom of being in the middle of it all. He failed once in the past. Was he ready to risk another failure. Each time it was defiance that woke him from the depression. I failed once. So bloody what? I will try till I succeed. And if I don't then I will try till I die. Simple.
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

Life had never been easy for Langredoc but now it was hectic. Making sure that security was running smoothly was a impossible task, but he was doing his best. He made sure that only trusted people took care of the food offered to the group. Still one of the cooks died of poisoning.

And Amber did not make his life any easyer. He entrusted her with security as well. But the fact that he was somehow resurrected had left something dark in his mind that made him wake up in the mids of the night covered with sweat and unable to sleep again.

He became a regular view in the middle of the night, walking on the walls checking the guardposts. His eyes hollow because of the lack of sleep. He had always been able to know when people where watching him, when something was amis, but now it seemed that he could not find what he was searching for.

Sometimes he would check on Amber in the middle of the night, trying not to disturb her. Most he came in when she had nightmares, trying to calm her without disturbing. But he knew, that she new, that he was there, no need to talk about it anyway, nightmares where private things. And sometimes it was fun to pick the locks on the door, just to see if he was still able to.

In the weeks of guarding Langredoc killed four men who challenged him and tried to disturb the ..... peace. Rape and pillaging of the surrounding countryside was not allowed.. and the penalty was death.

But it became harder to go on and keep the peace, especially when a war was brewing and many who should be on the same side where actually mortal enemies. Who would be the traitor ?, he thought many times. He hoped that Lord Gavin would soon make a army out of the rabble.

So he went out to check the gates once again. Because for now it was rabble......
Last edited by Langredoc on Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Lwyn watched the war council discussing with each other while the generals, lords and Servants of the One looked at each other like being mortal enemies.
He sighed, why where they never able to embrace the One and just be one for a change. Barbarians where rallying to the flag and the winter was still in its deepest freezing darkness with more snow to come.

A soft knock on the table was enough to silence the room and to get all eyes focused on the General of the Islay armies. With a clear ringing voice he said "Ok gentlemen. Its suicide to move the armies in now. But the assassins have been send in. Gavin and his companions are the backbone of this rising, when they are gone its much easyer to squash this rebellion. And we shall show them that rising up against Caesar has a price....

I got a letter from our Honoured Caesar where he asks to send some of the rebellions back to the capital in one piece. There they shall be tried and dealt with as a good example of Caesars justice against those who disturb the balance in the empire.

Caesar also mentioned that if the rebellion was not crushed by coming authem, all shall be held personally responsible."

Silence followed.

"This was all for today gentlemen, I hope that tomorrows meeting shall be a ..... more productive one."

While they all left Lwyn smiled... it had been a good idea to talk with Caesar himself. The smile disappeared quickly when he watched the letter on the table, something he had not discussed with the council, a letter who told him that his sister Syrawenn was with the rebels.

Quickly he picked up the feather to write a answer to the spy who reported this, and to write more orders to the assassins, because whatever would happen, Syrawenn had to be save... Afterall, crazy as she was, she still was, and would never be anything else then family.

[hr][/hr]

Abeo decided to stay away from talking women. It was something in the eyes of Syrawenn and Sevti that made sure that he wanted to be somewhere else. Even being of the blood has its limits... Not to many though as he went out of the castle in search of good boose and a serious brawl. Both where easy to find in one of the clans camps. Maybe they also had some nice women there....as Sevti was a bit inactive lately.

[hr][/hr]

The clans where waiting until Lord Gavin would call for the War council, all clans who would rise or at least wanted to know if it was a option to join the rebellion had arrived. For now twenty three clans surrounded the castle, most of them had brought a reasonable amount of warriors with them, so now almost two thousand men where waiting around the stone walls for the words that would change their lives.

Inside the castle Langredoc was checking the gates and the strangers coming in. Although he was aware of something dangerous he was not able to see what he was missing. All who came in where high level representatives of the Clans who would join the war council.

Amber watched the gates as well, and from her point of view she was able to watch three strangers talking in a for her very familiar form of sign language. This was one of the biggest secrets of Caesars Assassins, a language that made them able to talk without nobody knowing and from large distances if needed.
One of the strangers pointed out that Langredoc was to nosy and had to die by accident as soon as possible. Then they split up to gather information.

Sevti and Syrawenn where not really disturbed except by themselves......and all the servants and guards who passed by.

[hr][/hr]
Last edited by Gwayne of Vendeling on Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

THe big man stood at the window and gazed across the field outside. Tents dotted he landscape. Men seemed like ants as they milled about. Steel flashed as the sun fought to pierce the clouds. His army. Some of them will die. And for what? Because I refused to bend my knee? Bah, too late to change my mind now. I am doing the right thing. Though if we succeed against all odds it will be a miracle. And then a surprise comes. Turning away he almost chuckled. So many people trusted in him. He would do his best and it just might work. Though how it could be won was still beyond him. One battle at a time, Gavin. One battle at a time.

Opening the door he sought the guard and waved him closer. "Go find Langredoc. Tell him that the Council will be tonight. He is to inform the Clans leaders and then come meet me in a mark. Then go find Syrawenn, Sevti and Abeo and tell them to meet me here in a mark. We need to discuss something before the Council begins.Go now." The aged warrior strode out of the chamber then and made his way to the room he shared with the fiery girl. Discarding the extra clothing he sought the armor he wore for years and started donning it. It was to be a Council of War. He would be a warrior then.

It did not feel as comfortable as before. Nothing was as comfortable as before. He had aged, but he accepted that with a strange finality. Nothing I can do about it. So no need to worry. Standing before the mirror, the big man buckled the sword that served him faithfully for years and picked the wolfskin he gave to Syra almost as an afterthought. No need to put it on yet. Besides, Syra might want to wear it instead. My she-wolf. A smile on his lips, the Grey Wolf made his way to the War Room and waited for his friends. Time for war. No turning back now.
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

Langredoc moved towards the other side of the castle when he suddenly had the feeling that he was being watched. So he turned on his heels and searched for the source of these prying eyes and found them on the wall's... they where Ambers. A soft smile appeared on his face and he waved at her before turning again and moving on.

Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

The Guard nodded towards Gavin and moved off to the guardroom where he asked several others to move out and gather Lady Sevti, Lord Abeo, and Lady Syrawenn to the warroom as had Lord Gavin requested. The men ran off to do their duty.

Abeo
was easy to find and came running back to the castle, maybe a bit less steady on the legs then when he left. But he had learned a few things.

Finding Sevti and Syrawenn was of more difficulty, but that was solved with the help of a maid who had seen them talking on the stairs.

Return to “Erulzat Archives”