The dream of the Seer : Rebellion against the Tyrant Sam 26

Moderator: Mods

Albyon

Post by Albyon »

Abeo roared with laughter, a strange laughter that sounded as two voices in one. One was Abeo, the other one was different, like the echo of a laughter heard in a dream.

Abeo looked down at the wound and laughed again. "Blood, the blood, blood of love and despair...."

Sevti made her move pushing her hand against the wound. The soft touch removed the pain from the wound.

Damned Pan, always tricks up your sleeve don't ya....

Somewhere in a far corner of his mind Abeo heart some laughter so he raised a eyebrow.

"Abeo?" Sevti whispered softly, hands still pressed to his side as the wound bled freely over her skin, her gown, the white snow. "Or Pan?"

He looked down in the eyes filled with fear....

"Even a god could not take me away from you dearest.... go and stay save..."

He quickly kissed her forehead, and turned to face the battle.
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Gwayne of Vendeling wrote:Behind Amber a breaking of a branch could be heard. When she turned a man was standing there. A tall, handsome young man with long black hair in a braid. His chainmail with leather armour reflected like blood when the lightning would make it shine. Two broadswords rested on his back. While a smile played around his lips.

"What are you doing here Amber Kynterle ?" he said. "And don't try to lye against the dead...." he chuckled.

Amber watched with baited breath as the two armies - one of the Purple Guard and one of the undead, with Gavin and the others of his group among them - charged toward each other, and clashed in front of the walls of the stronghold in a mighty wave of steel and bodies. The field quickly became a sea of flashing blades, glinting armor, crushing shields, and flowing blood, eerily lit with the flashes of lightning and the glow of torches on the walls of the stronghold.

She tried to keep her eyes on Gavin, trying to see if he would live or die. It was not hard. He was the howling warrior in the center of the crushing mass, his weapons carving arcs of death all around him. He was in the worst part of the fighting, and all around him the press of bodies pushed and shoved and jockeyed for position as each side sought a weak point in the other. She found herself silently cheering him on, urging him to live just long enough for her to be able to slide her blade across his throat. She didn't care why he was here, didn't care why he'd apparently summoned the undead to his aid. All she cared was that she finally put the burning rage within her to rest.

She whirled suddenly, twin knives flashing into her hands with fluid ease as she heard the crack of the branch behind her. She froze as she saw the man there, dressed in his strange armor. "Lie to the dead," she echoed. Her lips twisted in a bitter smiled, though she didn't let her guard down. "So, you're one of them, are you? My business is of my own. No one questions a Royal Assassin, save for the Caesar himself. Now, if I were you, I'd go join your friends in that little fracas down there. Looks like they could use some help." Her eyes glittered dangerously, and her meaning was perfectly clear. "I see they're bleeding and dying just like any other mortal."
Cowgirls Exotica's "Queen of Hearts" - 2008
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Gwayne of Vendeling »

The purple guard did bend but not break under the fierce attack of the spirit warriors and time past for several marks showing no clear victor, but the archers did run out of arrows on both sides.
While the battlecry's still sounded over the fields, the two armies where now closely locked in a fierce battle. Now it was man to man, no pardon offered, none taken.
Death was the supreme ruler of the field. The spirit warriors where flesh once more and died as easy or difficult as their enemies. The dominicus priests showed fear when their powers weakened and showed to be mostly ineffective against the warriors near Abeo. Those took their chances and made the priests scream out in horror and run for their lifes. Most never made it behind the shieldwall and blood fed the ground.

The large dort axe's that many of the spirit warriors carried with them started to collect a human toll when they where used against the shieldwall and especially the less experienced dominicus warriors on the sides of the line started to break up.

knowing that if the line would break the whole army would break Evand Gerdian decided to stop at least one of the centers of this army. So he pushed on with his purple guards, slicing though the clan warriors towards Abeo and Sevti. He would stop this war by destroying the leaders. A quick glance to the other side he saw Sir Peccia accepting a challenge from Gavin. It did not please him, because he had a feeling that this man Gavin was source of all these problems. "Just kill that bastard Peccia." he shouted.

[hr][/hr]

The man watched Amber with smiling interest. When she finished her statement he answered slowly "Well, I see that you are not a effective murderer....because I still live. For a royal assassin you are pretty and mild. To bad that you have given up on life so much, your so unlike your brother. I have helped your brother as a friend and bodyguard until he died on your Caesars orders."

The man moved like a cat and made sure that he stayed out of reach of Amber. It seemed that he carried a aura of awareness with him, and even without holding the weapons he showed that he was wielding them non the less.....
The Goddess is at my side, until she decides to leave me...

Posting on possible days Avatar from our lady Finley.. a mistress of capturing dreams and nightmares in word and pictures.
http://pixieface.deviantart.com/
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

A single nod was offered to Peccia, before Gavin moved forward. The named struck him as oddly familiar. He heard that name somewhere. But, now there was no time to ponder it. For a flicker he paused and started circling his opponent at a safe distance, trying to size him up. Peccia had a better armor and a longer reach. And moved like a trained warrior. Measured, careful movements, always keeping his footing firm and sword at the ready. Countering that was Gavin. The big man moved with feral grace, almost like a wolf stalking his prey. His own armor was dull red from all the blood that washed over it that morning. And the sword was held almost casually to the side. From time to time he changed the direction to try and confuse Peccia, but he knew it would do no good.

It was almost half a burn before Gavin spoke and this time it was his own voice. "A deal was offered and it was declined. The price of love I gladly pay. But, your blood was not needed. So, you die in vain. A pity really. I only wanted for Syrawenn to be safe." And then with surprising speed he leaped forward and brought his own sword down. The great sword of Peccia came up to meet his blade and whirled in a riposte. And Gavin matched the move. For burns they were a whirlwind of steel and their swords clashed numerous times. Nobody disturbed them and the other fighters just moved away. The dead knew this was a duel and that it was a matter between the pair of matched warriors. The living were too busy fending of the dead. Finally the warriors moved away and started to circle each other again. Even, Gavin felt the exertion and yet he could do nothing. Peccia was too good and used the greater reach of his weapon to good effect. But, Peccia did not manage to hurt Gavin either.

The Dortman did notice something. his paladin opponent fought in patterns. He was good, but it was obvious that he learned to fight at a school. The moves he used were trained to perfection and executed without a flaw, but there was too little actual experience behind his style. On the other hand, Gavin learned everything he knew on the battlefield. Or rather battlefields. His sword fighting was more a matter of instinct and reaction to opponents moves, than any actual training. And he took notice of one more fact. Peccia only used his sword to attack. Gavin never had a chance to use his feet of fists, but Peccia had a few. And each time he used the sword to attack.

The Dortman held his shoulder hunched and feigned that he was tired. In fact he was far from that. The spirits kept their share of the bargain for now. He will pay the price for it later. And then once more he came in and slashed high. And as soon as it became apparent that Peccia would block he put an extra effort into the blow. And an instant before the clang was heard his left hand left his sword and shot forward. The clang was muffled by his fist as it gripped both sword and kept them connected. Gavin's right hand shot forward and his fingers impacted upon Peccia's gorget. They slid along the steel and found the hole gripping the edge. There was a gurgle and Peccia's left hand went to his throat, but Gavin already retracted his own. His opponents dagger flashed in his hand and he drew it across his fingers.

It happened so fast even Gavin was surprised. He leaped back holding a dagger in his right hand and the blade of his own sword in his left. Gavin tossed the dagger away and grabbed the sword once more. And started circling Peccia again. The other man was still calm. Focusing he managed to take a few breaths and soon released his hold of the throat. They were back where they started, only Peccia's blood ran down his right hand. First blood was drawn by Gavin and he was still unscathed. And then with a low growl he attacked again making sure he did not make a mistake Peccia did. And for almost a burn Peccia held his ground. They traded blow for blow and neither could gain an upper hand. But, as Peccia tried to block a particularly vicious high slash by Gavin, his hand slipped and he took a blow to the left shoulder. His opponent followed it with a foot to the stomach and in the next moment Peccia's sword was ripped from his hands and Gavin used it to trip him. Paladin went crashing down and without ceremony or any words, Gavin merely stuck the tip of his sword to his opponents stomach. A twist came and the sword was out only to strike Peccia's throat. A single jerk of his legs and the light in paladin's eyes dimmed.

The way to the gates was open. None dared stand in his way and after a few steps two red warriors were once more by his side. The big man paid them no attention, but moved towards the gate with sure steps, as combatants on both sides cleared his way. Ten paces from the gates he stood and yelled. "NOIR. COME OUT AND FIGHT. TIME OF YOUR DEATH DRAWS NEAR."
FORTH they went, the troubled two
To see the world and kick ass too!
[b]Syrawenn and Gavin Saga, Verse 1-2[/b]
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber watched the man carefully as he spoke and moved, not daring to let down her guard for a second. She'd never come up against an undead opponent before, but she was confident that she could overcome him - as long as she didn't allow him to get the slip on her. From the din on the battlefield behind her, it sounded like something was happening, like perhaps one side or the other was finally gaining ground, and as much as she wanted to know what was going on, she couldn't even spare a glance over her shoulder.

Her eyes narrowed dangerously, and she growled a bit as the man mentioned her brother, fighting against the tide of memories that suddenly threatened to overwhelm her. Her oldest brother had died the same year she'd become a Royal Assassin, though not by her hand, thankfully. To this day, she still didn't know the exact reasons or circumstances surrounding his death; she'd spent some time trying to find answers on the issue, but in the end, she gave it up. "He died because he was a traitor to the Empire," she hissed. That was the answer she'd found. "He was weak. He didn't believe in the unity and strength of one nation. He promoted unrest, anarchy, chaos over order, justice and peace. He got what was coming to him." She regretted his death, and a small part of her still mourned for him, but she knew she was right. He'd picked the wrong side, and he'd died for it. It was his own fault.

"And as for you," she continued in an icy tone, "I only kill those I have to. You haven't threatened me yet, and you're not in the way of my plans. But if you keep bothering me like this, that might all change. You say I've given up on life... You have no idea how wrong you are. Life is why I do this. I destroy those who are in the way of a better life, for all people in the Empire. I fight for a life filled with peace and prosperity. But people like you and that fool Gavin Tylvan down there keep trying to stop that. So people like me have to do what we must to remove those obstacles."
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

Abeo's voice. Mixed with Pan's, yes, but his voice was still there. And his words. Relief flowed instantly through Sevti at this proof that her husband remained. She felt his lips press to her forehead, their shape strange but their feeling upon her skin so intimate, and closed her eyes

"He'd better not," she replied with a smile as her dark lashes rose once more. "Because I'll come Beyond to get you if he tries it." She looked into his blue eyes, familiar yet alien, and spoke to the God that waited there, the smile no longer in evidence. "Because he is more important than anything else You could give me. I've learned that lesson once. It's not one I wish to repeat again."

A part of her was appalled at her boldness, at the words she flung at her God, sharing the body of her husband. Facing a God could be dangerous. Facing Pan, trickster that he was, could be even more so. But she felt that the words needed to be spoken. That Pan needed to understand that worship Him though she might, her first, best and only priority was to the safety of her husband. And she would defy even him for that.

She turned from her husband and her God to survey the scene before her, not bothering to wipe the blood from her hands. The blood of love, the blood of religion - her two strongest faiths. Even with her challenge to Pan, she sensed that this would give her the strength she needed to make it through the battle to, hopefully, find Syrawenn inside.

She watched as soldiers fell before her, the lines thinning out between herself and the keep, solid ghosts doing battle with weaker guards, both dying by the dozens. Nearby, a short sword lay forgotten and unneeded by it's now-dead former owner. Sevti picked it up, feeling it's weight. She wasn't an expert with it - only three days sporadic training as they marched from Eivlys' home to the Temple. But it would have to be enough. Gavin's dagger waited heavily at her side, her own tucked safely in it's sheath at her thigh. They would do for close quarters, but not for anything she may come against here.

She still hoped that she would be able to get through the battle without engaging anyone. But that was the problem with any fight - nothing can be predicted in small enough detail to making planning possible. So she would be ready, if she needed to.

The woods, she finally decided. If I can get to the edge of them, I may be able to skirt them until I come closer to the Keep. And then, if Gavin and the rest keep them distracted enough, I just may be able to slip inside unnoticed. Or spot some other, lesser guarded way in. Pan, my belief is still in You and Your strength. Please grant me success, for their sakes.

As the sounds of the battle raged beside her, she slipped quickly toward the woods, eyes darting everywhere for signs of someone coming in her direction. As she moved, she heard Gavin's voice ring out, his challenge made and answered. Another line of defenses going down, she thought as she came upon the edge of the woods. Now let's what I may be able to do. As silently as she could, she began her journey through the edge of the woods to the Keep.
"First let's just unzip your religion down" - [i]Crazy[/i], Tori Amos
Tickle-fight champion.
[i]Avatar is At the Edge of the World by Electra[/i]
Albyon

Post by Albyon »

Abeo listened and talked to the voice in his mind...

"She is brave that one..." then laughter followed. "Challenging me like that."
The response was swift.
"She is everything to me, as I am everything to her......"
The voice chuckled. "A God demands normally that they should be everything to there followers..."
"So this means that your not a God ? Or that don't you demand total submission.. You know I would fight you to protect her....", Abeo's voice seemed to be filled with a growl.
Laughter filled his whole head, leaving almost no space for Abeo himself.
"So the God, so his followers.................." and silence was there once more.

Abeo watched Sevti move away from him, he hated that. But now he had something different at hand when the purple guard led by Evand Gerdian clashed with the clanmembers around Abeo. Swords flashed, axes met shields and blood started to flow.

Abeo turned, his axe swinging, ripping through metal and flesh alike. He laughed a terrible laugh when he faced Evand. The Dominicus warrior attacked Abeo with a prayer on his lips, calling in the mercy of his God for this beast that he was about to destroy.
The laughter went on while Abeo blocked the sword with his axe, wielding the weapon like it was weightless. For a whole mark Evand tried to break the defence of Abeo, who only laughed and blocked the increasing desperate thrusts of the paladin. Sometimes the axe of Abeo reached out to lick one of the other men that where fighting around them, like just to confirm Evand that he was still able to kill. The number of men where lessening by the burn until at some point nobody was left, the remaining clanmembers running for the gates.

"You can still surrender...." Abeo said. Defiantly the man shouted "Never" but tiredness was clear on his face, his weapon slow and sluggish. With a growl Abeo's axe hammered down on the weapon of the man swiping it out of his hands. The man dropped on the ground tired and mentally drained waiting for the last strike.

"Tell your master, that freedom is coming....." Abeo said and ran away towards the gates. Time to find his love.
Last edited by Albyon on Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Decimated in numbers and without leadership the defenders went out of control. While some purple guard members did withdraw more or less organized into the stronghold, where the other warriors fleeing into the country, followed by the screaming spirit survivors.

Somewhere in the field some men picked up lord Peccia's body, pulled Lord Evand on a horse and tried to make a get away. While the last defenders of the stronghold together with some purple guards closed the gates. It seemed that someone had taken charge inside it.

Gavin arrived at the closed gates with Abeo close behind him. Clanmembers and armoured warriors gathering around them. Some of them already brought in a battering ram made out of a large tree..

[hr][/hr]

Sevti moved towards the forrest evading the groups of fighting men. It was eigther that nobody put attention towards her, or she was just lucky because she arrived safely at the woods. There she got view of a man and a woman seemingly talking. The woman threatened the armoured man with deadly knifes, she handled well.

[hr][/hr]

The warrior laughed softly at Ambers words. "So much misplaced passion...treason you say. Then I am a traitor myself, and you are bound to your master to kill me then. A pity though that such a beautiful woman as you has to be a snake, killing without any mercy. You are not serving freedom, you are serving a master who lets people like you murder those who speak out in the name of freedom. He creates people like you who lost the ability to smile at the presence of a child, and just check the corners of their eyes for daggers and their glass for poison. I am bound to freedom, as was your brother. We died for it, I just hope that you won't die for mere money or false hope on a peace and order that never existed. The farmers pay for the luxury and the corruption of the nobles and die of hunger when the harvest are bad. The nobles pay for the servants of your master and war each other to bathe in the light of his mercy, so they can gather more luxury and land. So now a question, are you here to kill Lord Gavin ?"

He waited patiently, although he moved his position so he could watch the forrests edge.

Posting on possible days Avatar from our lady Finley.. a mistress of capturing dreams and nightmares in word and pictures.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

The Dortman stood before the gates and waited a flicker. His now grey hair danced in the wind and he just stood letting his warriors gather. And then Abeo was at his side. And, as Gavin's gaze fell upon his friend he had to laugh. "We make a fine pair. Stupid and brave. And deadly." With a single motion of his arm, the Dortman directed two armored warriors to take places by Abeo. His own shadows protected him during the battle. And, he knew the Panling. He needed help. He lives, or Sevti kills me. At that moment the battering ram came and Gavin's heart leapt. This is the true army. I hope I join them after I die. After she is safe. And then without much ceremony the big man took hold of the front of the ram and joined the dead.

"TAKE DOWN THE GATES. DEATH TO THE ENEMY." And ran together with them . With a loud crash the heavy wood impacted upon the gates, but they still held. They backed away and crashed again. And again. And again. And with each impact and each crack in the wood, Gavin knew he was closer to his goal. Closer to the end of the bargain. Time to pay is coming. But, so is the time to see her once more. Syrawenn. I am coming. Stay safe. And the big man redoubled his efforts. With a scream he rushed forward once more almost pulling the ram forward alone.
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

Sevti noticed the two in the woods but continued by them. Unless they tried to stop her, she had no interest in them. Though it does look like that might be one of Gavin's warriors... The thought made her hesitate for a moment. The girl wasn't. That much she was sure. Had Noir sent an assassin out? Or was she here for another reason?

Sevti shook her head and kept moving. She could do nothing for it. With the battle going on in front of the Keep, she'd never get to Abeo or Gavin in time to warn one of them. Let's just hope that this warrior can keep her at bay long enough.

By the time she was even with the Keep, Gavin had called for the battering ram. She paused just a moment to watch the two changed men standing side by side - her husband changed in form, their friend changed in age. Has this left anyone unscathed? she wondered as her eyes searched for some alternate means of entering the Keep to help save Syrawenn. And how will I find her there? Other than pissed. Because that's a given, from what I've gotten to know of her. Pan, keep her safe until one of us arrives. Please.
Tickle-fight champion.
Albyon

Post by Albyon »

Abeo grinned towards Gavin then he stepped forward and his axe added its damage towards the gate's. Several clansmen joined in to help the battering ram take down the gates faster.

His laughter challenged the defenders who threw stones down from the battlements.

The feeling of smashing the dead wood answered his lust for destruction. The rhythm of the axe made his muscles sing....
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Inside the castle the defenders desperately tried to regroup, the last purple guard members assembled near the gate, a captain ordering the men to form a shieldwall. While others moved deeper into the stronghold.

[hr][/hr]

The gates where not build to withstand such a battering, it took about forty burns but soon after that they collapsed. The defenders where throwing stones on the attackers, to no avail. Abeo and his men flowed inside the castle in pitched battles with the purple guard members trying to keep the enteranche shut.

[hr][/hr]

Sevti sneaked by the woods where she met some women with warpaint on their faces. The several dozen of armed women had waited for her there to guide her to the enteranche they had found.

One of the woman spoke to her. "Don't bother about the royal assassin, she is being taken care of by Langredoc..." she grinned like that was something special.
"We killed the men who guarded a entry near here lady. So let us enter the castle before those men think that they did it all..."

They guided Sevti towards the back of the stronghold, where a small farm was placed. In the small living room of the farm about a dozen of bodies where scattered around. A large hole in the ground with stairs leading down was visible.

Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

With each strike of the battering ram, Gavin felt his elation grow. With each crack in the sturdy door, he felt his hopes rise. With each charge at the gates he knew the time of vengeance was drawing near. The defenders were at the end of their strength. He knew that the door was the only thing separating those men from their deaths. And he knew that some of them died only because they were doing their duty. A slight pang of sadness gripped his heart. But, the voices in his head ruled his emotions still. Each man has a choice. Each man decides his own fate. I did it for past seven yahren. They chose to side with Noir. They chose death. And I am here to deliver it. And he moved the ram back and forth with undying vigor. After some hundred blows he lost count. And it mattered not. It was a battle that the gates could not win.

And indeed after what seemed like eternity the gates collapsed inward with a loud crash. With a terrible smile Gavin surveyed the guardsmen arrayed before him in the shield wall and roared. "ONE GATE IS DOWN. LET US SEE IF THE WALL OF FLESH IS STRONGER THAN OUR RAM." And he ran forward pulling the ram and those that held it behind him. The dead seemed to understand his plan and soon they all pushed the log forward. The guardsmen standing before Gavin held his sword in trembling hands, but decided that running would be better. Too late.

The tree trunk crashed into the wall of steel and flesh and the purple lines collapsed. Men fell before the ram and were trampled to death. The others tried to jump out of the way, but some were not swift enough. Gavin heard a pair of loud clangs of to his left, as the men he passed by made slashes as he ran by. His shadows were ready and their shields blocked the blows. As he passed through the guardsmen formation, Gavin let go of the log he held and landed a vicious backhanded blow to the back of the nearby guardsmen's head. The man collapsed and fell, only to be stabbed in the back by Gavin's sword as he tried to rise once more. For a flicker Gavin pondered who would be his next victim. His mind was twisted so that he regarded those soldiers arrayed against him not as persons, but merely victims to his rage and lust for vengeance.

But, an image of a short girl with brown hair came to Gavin's mind. And in the darkness behind her stood a man who took her from Gavin, his features hidden. "NOIR. I AM COMING." And the big man turned his back to the battle and strode towards the entrance to the Keep. A single guard stood there holding a spear leveled at Gavin's stomach. The Dortman did not even slow his pace. Something in his face must have had a terrifying impact on the young guard as the spear clattered to the ground as its holder sprawled himself before Gavin as if begging for mercy. Gavin's sword was already raised to end the cowards life, when something stayed his hand.

Stooping down Gavin picked the man up by the collar and pulled him close. "Noir. Where is he?" Tears streamed down the young man's cheeks and he stared in shock. But, a rough shake Gavin gave him seemed to awaken him. "Up.... up.... up stairs. Top floor. White.... white doors. Please...... please....." Without any emotion Gavin merely released the young man and stepped over his prone form. "Run now. And you may live." And then he was at the door, kicking it open.

Servants were grabbing what they could rushing somewhere as Gavin burst inside. With a scream they let go of everything they held and ran away form the blood covered warrior. It almost surprised him. He never wished for people to fear him. It matters not. Only her safety. Everything for her safety. Even my life. Even my soul. And so he strode onward and climbed the large staircase in the man hall. One more set of stairs was found and he climbed those as well. In the hallway he found a man dressed in servants garb, looting a room. He carried a sack filled with unseen object, many of which jingled. With a start he stared at Gavin and then tried to rush past, only to ran into Gavin's mailed hand. The man tried to pull a dagger out, but it skittered of the armor as Gavin pinned the thief to the wall tightening his grip on the man's throats. His left hand gripped the man's wrist and the dagger clattered to the ground, while the wrist gave of a sickening crunch.

The man's face was turning purple when Gavin drew close to his face and lessened the grip somewhat letting the man draw a whiff of breath with a wheeze. "Noir? Where is he?" The grip lessened a bit more and the man managed to gurgle the directions. "End... of.... hall... Left..... then up.... Right..... Up...... Left...... Left..... Right.... White..... door..... Please..... Mercy....." Yet, this time no mercy was given. There was a crunch as the mailed hand crushed the man's larynx. And without a second glance, Gavin dropped the man down and left him to die.

The big man followed the direction the jackal in human form gave him and soon reached the luxurious part of the house. The lush carpets muffled his footsteps a bit, but he still thudded along. His sword was drawn and he did not stray from his path. And then a doubt entered his heart. What if he is not here? What if she is already dead? NO. She is not dead. And Noir will be here. He will be there. And he will die. But, he did quicken his pace, although it was still not a run. Two more turns. One more. I am here. The big man rounded the corner as his eyes sought the white doors two men he questioned mentioned.
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

Sevti was surprised to see anyone waiting for her, thinking she'd had to trod this path alone. But she was grateful for the help, grateful for the company. At this point, any time lost was valuable time they couldn't afford to waste. She tried not to think what may have been done to Syrawenn inside, or what might still be happening. The girl may have the courage and strength of both their men combined, but Noir had been chasing her a long time. She didn't expect him to give the firey woman a chance to use either.

She's got to be alright, though, Sevti thought as the warriors led her to the farmhouse holding the secret entrance. Pan wouldn't have sent these warriors to lead me anywhere if there was no hope.

She didn't spare a look at the dead bodies, though a brief prayer for rest for their souls was sent up as she crossed the room to the stairs leading to dark tunnel toward the keep.

One of the warriors stopped her before she could actually decend. "Let me lead, Lady," she told the Priestess. "We don't know what might be waiting down there." Without waiting for a reply, she and a few of her fellows hurried down the stairs without a sound. One of the others motioned Sevti to go next and only when she had started down the stairs did half of the remaining women follow her. The rest, the diminutive woman suspected, were being left behind to guard this entrance, just in case.

It was time to rescue Syrawenn.
Tickle-fight champion.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

The female warriors grinned at the prospect of getting to Syrawenn before the men. Discussing among themselves who stupid the men where to use the front gate.

But while they entered the tunnel they kept quiet, until they met two men waiting at the enteranche inside the building. Surprise was total, and while they rose to face the female....uh ? female ?..... attackers they got pierced by the spears those women carried and down they went.

No other guards where visible when they stormed the stairs. Quickly the women cornered some of the servants and asked them where the chambers of Noir where, after that they forced the one who knew to show them.

Running up the stairs they entered a hallway and around the corner suddenly Syrawenn appeared, followed by a young warrior. ignoring the young woman they attacked, throwing spears at the man who went down fast and bloody. The appearance of the paladin was a bigger problem, but the women where used to these strong men in full armour. The armour had holes in it so they jumped him. And their knifes found a way to his heart.

[hr][/hr]

Gavin ran into a hallway closely followed by Abeo, no resistance had been met anymore. At the end of it they saw Sevti and Syrawenn, surrounded by female warriors. Gavin had changed, his hair was grey now, and his face had some more wrinkles. He felt like he was fiftytwo......
But he had found her...............

Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

There was no time to grin, no time to ponder on witty come backs even if it was only in her mind. There was only time to run and to keep a distance -as well as that worked with her overburdened muscles and the DAMN DRESS. The man closed in the gap slowly but surely, despite the headstart she had on him. It was frustrating for the young woman who had thus far managed to outrun anyone!

People in front of her!
With a loud yelp the girl made a slide, diving under any possible attack from the front. Much to her surprise the women actually went for her persuers, leaving her free to wonder what the flip Sevti was doing here.

"Sev!" She breathed heavily, her body protesting under the sudden movements. "Who are they...clans....Gavin? Abeo? Where are they? Are they...they are not...right? They are not, right? I mean...not dead...RIGHT?" A feverish glance shone from her eyes. "Noir, still alive...paladins, one more. Stupid priestess, maybe dead. Gotta get him....Are you okay? Are they okay? I mean...thanks all..."

She was out of breath, yet there was an unfinished task ahead. With a growl the girl tried to muster the energy to see it through to the end. "Come on, gotta go get him before he gets out!" Syrawenn got up much slower than she wanted...

And fell back again as her eyes found Gavin's.

It was Gavin...but it was not him. And yet it was him. Hair grey, wrinkles...Old. But it was him. The man was here.
Hopefully for her.

"Gavin..." She whispered, getting up again. "Gavin...damn you, what happened to you...It IS you, isn't it? What...oh blast it all!" The girl craved to touch him, to feel him if even for a flicker, before they went into battle once again. No appearance or bloodthirst could frighten her now, not after everything that had happened. With a few steps she was in front of the big man and stared up in his unchanged eyes. The next moment she threw her arms around him and hugged him fiercely before letting go again, strongly reminded of her condition when her ankles started to acknowledge her earlier run.

It had to be a strange sight, the bald, pale youngster in the strange white robes, hugging the big, greyhaired warrior. Syrawenn did not care about her appearance right now. All that mattered was that they were all here to finish the job. Afterwards she could explain that all was okay. After that HE could explain what was WRONG!

"Noir is that way." She simply pointed. "And he's mine."
[size=75]Gavin:She's the emerald eyed agent of chaos
Vanir:She's cute, it's her personality that gets in the way
Ulder:Syra is a great shredder of paralysis through analysis
Elvin:We call it the Law of Improbable Syrabilities
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

His sword lifted of its own accord and then he noticed Sevti. It took him a flicker to recognize the bald girl. Syrawenn? What have they done to you? No matter. They will pay. And you are still Syrawenn. My Syrawenn. He took a step towards her and felt wobbly on his feet. A look of surprise painted on his face, his hand went to the wall to steady him a bit. His hand buckled too and only when his entire forearm touched the wall did he regain his balance. Weariness spread through his body and with a nod he waited for death to come. A bargain was made. Take your price, spirits. I am ready. He kept his gaze on her, wanting her to be the last sight he saw.

But, he did not die. A smile spread across his face. Thank you. And as she strode to him he forced his body to cooperate. Stifling a groan he stood once more and felt at least of his strength return. Gods I feel so old. But, she is safe. So it was worth it. Worth every pain I feel. And then she was by his side and her arms were around him. Swaying softly he hugged her back, the sword he held causing a slight inconvenience. "It is me. And that is you. All that matters." He whispered as he held her. And as she turned to point his arm was still around her. "Noir is ours." and with his hand at her waist he strode forward, his body pulling the last reserves of strength. One more thing to do. Then I can rest. With her by my side. "NOIR. COME OUT. TIME TO DIE."
Last edited by Gavin Tylvan on Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

Sevti followed the warriors quietly. Please let this be the right direction. Please let this lead to Syrawenn. Please let her be...

Then Syrawenn appeared before her... head shaved, in a dress.... but running in her direction. Well, I guess I never specified what constituted "Ok", did I, Trickster? she thought wryly.

As the warrior women travelled past the girl to engage her pursuers, Syra started to babble her questions and her fears. The priestess put a hand out to steady the young woman when she tried to stand and rush off again, wanting to hold her back for just a moment. "Syra, last I saw Gavin and Abeo they were fine. They're coming through the gates. I came around the back way. But there's something you should know about Ga..."

And that, of course, was when Gavin made his own appearance.

Sevti let her hand fall from Syra's arm after she had risen and with quiet steps went to stand beside her own husband, still changed to resemble her God. Her hand reached out for his while her eyes remained on the reunion of the pair before them. Changed. Everyone changed, but Sevti. But at least everyone together, and that's what really mattered.

She squeezed Abeo's hand, dark eyes looking up into his with a smile. We've been there, her gaze said. The dread of not knowing if you've lost the one you love forever. The joy and awe when you discover that you haven't. Even through changes that the time apart brings. It doesn't matter.

Gavin's voice boomed through the hall and she released her husband's hand. Noir was Syra and Gavin's, but it didn't mean that she and Abeo wouldn't be needed. She slid Gavin's dagger, sheath and all, from where it rested at her hip. He would probably need this first, and she still had her own. Wordlessly, she stepped toward him and presented it to him, pommel out, to take back. Then, when he had, she slid her own into her hand, ready to use it however necessary.
Tickle-fight champion.
Albyon

Post by Albyon »

Abeo just followed Gavin, it was amazing that the guy was able to run so fast. But it was his lady afterall. When they turned a corner he almost stumbled over the guy. He could understand because Sevti was there, beautyfull as ever, together with several warriors and a bald novis. Where Gavin is now running towards too and now they are hugging.

Abeo's eyes became a bit bigger. A baldy Syrawenn, a interesting sight. Sevty came to him and took his arm. They exchanged glances, he knew perfectly what she wanted to say. He pulled her close.

Exchanging smiles with her.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

After Gavin's challance silence followed. A deep silence because most of the spirit warriors had disappeared. With the group only a female warrior was left. All others changed in white smoke that moved quickly away.

All over the stronghold the sounds of war stopped.

Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Tired.
Exhausted.
Old.

Shock registered in Syrawenn's eyes. Gavin was not just old, he was...old. No. Flames fired up inside. No, no, no. He's not gonna die. If he's gonna die now, I'm gonna go right after him! I didn't try to survive in here to be alone again.

NO, damn you! Whatever happened, you are not going to leave me so soon. We're entitled to more time together. We bloody well deserve that time. Whatever happened, we'll find a way around it. Don't give in...please don't give in.

Tears burned, her heart cramping up at the mere thought of having to loose the man so soon after finding him. Death was not something people returned from. It was rather final.

If you go, I go.
And that is final too.

Her injuries did not matter. There were two things to do now: kill Noir and buy Gavin more time. It was the latter which suddenly took priority over the man she had tried to kill for the past seven yahren.

Silence.

Syrawenn looked around. All warriors were gone.
She looked back at Gavin, suspicion wringing a knot inside. "What....happened." She asked slowly, not sure if she wanted to know the answer. "Alright, never mind...we strike now. Follow me."

With paces as big as her muscles would allow the young woman moved back around the two corners that seperated her from Noir. Her bare feet made no sound on the floor, only the rustle of her white robes betrayed her presence. It hurt to let Gavin's touch slide away from her, but they needed to do this.
Badly.

"He was around this corner last I ran." She whispered, motioning to the last hallway.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Gavin merely pushed Sevti's hand back. "keep it. Guard it for me." And then he was moving after [b]Syra. Each step was a torment. Each muscle cried for a rest. And only his will kept pushing him forward. Only a bit more. One more death. And then I can rest. Sleep. Maybe even die. But, not till she is safe. No rest until she is safe from him. And his mind tried to shut of the weariness. The pain. The ache in his bones. He never felt like this. And he knew that the battle needed to be over quickly.

As the spirit warriors disappeared, he realized that the bargain was done. She was safe in his arms. He frowned for a moment, because that was not how he imagined the bargain. But, on the other hand he was alive. So, bargain was still fair. "I made a bargain. I needed help. I found the help. I had to pay for it. Simple. We will talk after he is dead. Lead the way." And he did follow her, somehow managing to keep pace with her despite all the pain he felt. And when she stopped, he held her shoulder. "Wait. Be careful. It might be a trap." And then he was up and ran around the corner with a scream on his lips.

He did not expect to see Noir right around the corner. But, he was not stupid either. He might have a crossbow. So we make sure he misses. I am not young anymore. I am grey. An old wolf. So he did not run straight down the corridor instead letting himself band into the opposite wall with his shoulder. Then he bounced of it, with a grunt and banged the other wall. Two zigzags. Should be enough. And he was not about to rush Noir. If what Syra said was true, he was a worthy foe. And he was also about to die. As soon as he had him in sight, the big man would slow down and get ready to fight.
Last edited by Gavin Tylvan on Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Gwayne of Vendeling wrote:
The warrior laughed softly at Ambers words. "So much misplaced passion...treason you say. Then I am a traitor myself, and you are bound to your master to kill me then. A pity though that such a beautiful woman as you has to be a snake, killing without any mercy. You are not serving freedom, you are serving a master who lets people like you murder those who speak out in the name of freedom. He creates people like you who lost the ability to smile at the presence of a child, and just check the corners of their eyes for daggers and their glass for poison. I am bound to freedom, as was your brother. We died for it, I just hope that you won't die for mere money or false hope on a peace and order that never existed. The farmers pay for the luxury and the corruption of the nobles and die of hunger when the harvest are bad. The nobles pay for the servants of your master and war each other to bathe in the light of his mercy, so they can gather more luxury and land. So now a question, are you here to kill Lord Gavin ?"

He waited patiently, although he moved his position so he could watch the forrests edge.

"A snake I might be," Amber hissed back at him, and her voice did in fact sound much like that of a snake's, she was so angry, "but a loyal one I remain. That is far more than my fool of a brother or that damned traitor Gavin Tylvan can say! My 'master,' as you call him, doesn't make me murder people. In his wisdom, he points the way to those who would bring all that he has struggled to build down. All that those who have come before him struggled to build! That is not murder. That is justice. And if you call that evil, so be it. I have chosen my path. I'm not here for money, or power. I'm here to do my job."

She kept circling him, ready to strike at any second. To be honest, his words had shaken her, but she didn't let it show. He was just a ghost! What did he know? He wouldn't have told her the truth anyway. He was just trying to play with her mind.

"I am, in fact, here for Gavin," she went on, "though he is no Lord as you claim. He gave up the right to that title when he betrayed the Caesar. Now, if you know where he is, tell me and then be damned back to whatever afterlife it is that you come from."
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

In the stronghold the few spirit warriors remaining started to gather around the small group. They counted less then two dozen, and where wondering why they still remained, some of them where bloodied. A large clan member told Gavin that only a few defenders remained and they where leaving the stronghold while speaking.

[hr][/hr]
Abeo was holding Sevti ignoring the rest of the world while he reverted back to a normal human being. It was clearly that there was pain involved although he tried to hide it.

The silence was almost eerie. But then talking was clearly heard, servants started to show up again, peeking and then running away to hide again.

[hr][/hr]
Noir was angry…..actually he had never been so angry is his life. He was so angry that he picked up one of the two girls that had served his loins that evening, killed her and spiked her against the door. That would make a clear message to Syrawenn. After that he ordered the leave. Sliding down a rope they left, Noir, a paladin, his squire and a young girl, who looked remarkable like Syrawenn. Arriving at the grounds they moved swiftly towards the stables.

[hr][/hr]
Outside the warrior watched and listened to Amber with a bit of a sad smile…

“Your brother wanted change, not destruction. He could not even handle a knife….unlike you. They never listed to what he had to say. They just called him a traitor and killed him. But I respect your choice, if you want to serve your…. Caesar, I can not stop you except by killing you. And your brother loved you enough to ask me to protect you, even though he knew what you where doing in life. But I know where Lord Gavin is…my lord not yours. It’s all a matter of choice. First answer me….do you want to kill him ?”

He started to move away, as where he and Amber dancing in the dark, a slow dance with death as a reward if the man failed. But still he made no move to grab his weapons.

For a flicker he hesitated watching his hands. Then he resumed his movement. But the man had changed, he seemed more like a normal person now.

Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

People were still moving around everywhere. Syrawenn could feel it. There was no explaining. With every overly sensitive fiber in her body she could feel the life and death in the entire damn castle. Of course it could be imagination. Of course she could be wrong. But the feeling remained.

When Gavin explained shortly, she could feel the life within him. He was not going to die. Not now and not tomorrow. Perhaps not even in a few yahren if she had anything to say about it...and somehow she had the feeling that she might just.

When he jumped around the corner she felt they were too late. Everything was going to be in vain, of course, because that was the way things were. It was the only reason she did not hurry after him, because there would be no death for the big man.
Not today.

So many feelings.
And yet she was hovering over her body instead of inhabiting it, causing the most direct sensations to be dulled. It was a perfect defense mechanism, one she had perfected in the dungeons a couple of yahren ago. It was also the perfect way to stay sane right now, because she just knew...

The girl rounded the corner and saw the body hanging from the door.

She just knew they were too late.

Syrawenn released the breath she had not realized she was holding. Of course she went inside to check the room for anything they might have missed. The rope to the side was easily found and immediately she grabbed it, not wasting a breath on witty remarks, going down hand over hand to find out where it lead to.

Perhaps the others would follow.
Perhaps they would not.
It probably did not matter.

She was going after Noir, fever shining in her eyes.

Return to “Erulzat Archives”