Councel of Dort [Closed] - Samheen 25th

Moderator: Mods

Anarión Herunna

Councel of Dort [Closed] - Samheen 25th

Post by Anarión Herunna »

OOC: Those who have not been here earlier, do read da rules. Welcome guys and gals.

IC: Trapped. A pocket-size chamber with a beam of illumination. Its brilliance smeared their faces. All around it was a continuous blackness. That made the beacon seem unearthly. A noise disturbed the perfect atmosphere around the visitors - that was all the men and women were - visitors. Merely incidental. The disturbance was a ticking.

Click. Click. Click. In their west corner an massive and adorning clock was ticking. The clock was silvery and shone brightly in the lucent radianceClick. Click. Click.

Abruptly the beacon grew. Although it was still only a tunnel. The entire dwarfish chamber was bathed in white light. The walls were yellow without any doors or windows.

The chamber itself then began to enlarge. It evolved. In the beginning the walls were tediously separating. One inch. Two inches. Finally the walls were breaking off quicker and quicker until the chamber no longer was a chamber. The chamber was a hall.

In the western corner the clock was replaced with a humanoid. There it was. Still ticking. A humanoid with arms hanging down the sides, clothed in black and with a sword. It wore a hooded cape and the face was hidden in the greyish cover supplied by the hooded cape. A black chainmail and and black leather trousers. Water ran down the sword. Then it was blood. Then water again. "The clock is ticking and the hostess is awaiting you." It gestured towards their northern wall where it was nothing but rock and concrete. Ogling them with burning fires, it pointed to the yellow wall.

"North."

"North." Biting and shattering it sounded. The figure had not moved since it had replaced the silvery clockwork.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

A man stood in the tunnel. The light at the end seemed so inviting. And, yet he was reluctant to walk towards it. One more beacon. One more hope. One more obstacle. One more fight. Do I need it? Is there no one else? I guess not. I am the first. And so he began the long walk down the tunnel.

His name was Gavin. He knew that. And he was the warrior. A warrior fighting to stop the war. Doing his best. A warrior fighting to reunite with a friend. A girl named Amber. A warrior whose only ally was a strange little gnome. A gnome named Abner.

As he walked down the hall he felt the reassuring weight of his heavy armor. It made a constant stream of sounds and his surroundings were never truly silent. His sword swayed gently on his back. Each step reminded Gavin of its presence. It too made each of his steps sure.

The light was growing. And it was not just because he was approaching the end of the tunnel. The light itself grew. Evolved. And then the sound came. Click. Click. Click. It was calling to him. And it held a significance. The time is running short. And I am only one man. Allies are needed. More souls to take up the fight. More souls so I do not fight alone. But, will I find them here?

The end of the tunnel was only a step away and the light was blinding. For a flicker he hesitated, reluctant to take that one final step. But, he would not be Gavin if he would let fear govern his actions. And so he made the final step.

He was in the hall now. On his left a figure stood. And he saw it was the source of the ticking. A black warrior. A guard. A seneschal. A guide. And then the figure spoke and Gavin's eyes fell upon the wall in front of him. North. And a hostess awaits. Well, she can wait some more. I will not face her alone if I don't have to. I will wait for more souls to come. And if they do not I shall do what I do so well. I will face the next obstacle alone. Win or lose it matters not. Trying is important.

"Let her wait, black one. Let her wait some more. Others are coming. And we shall go together."
Last edited by Gavin Tylvan on Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FORTH they went, the troubled two
To see the world and kick ass too!
[b]Syrawenn and Gavin Saga, Verse 1-2[/b]
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Noise noise noise noise noise and people still wonder why there are those that prefer cloth over armour. Syrawenn groaned as the echoes of the one before her reached her ears, overshadowing the strange clicking she'd been following.

She shrugged. Ah well, at least now I know for sure I'm going in the right direction. How much do we bet that armour-person is going for the click as well?

Just when the girl got closer things changed. Immediately she crouched down, not wanting to get caught up in the disturbances. The light grew, the room grew, the thing in the corner...became a person. The clicking remained, but a nasty voice joined it.

"North." It kept repeating.

Syrawenn raised an eyebrow. What the flip does he think he is? A gnomish clockwork? Hold it...I know that voice.

'That voice' was Gavins, speaking of waiting until the others arrived. Others? Others? He knew? What in blazes is happening here? Does he remember me? Where are we going? Wha.....hold it....or yer winding yerself up like clockman over there.

Silently she got up from the floor, dressed as usual in her forest-garb. It did nothing to blend in in this room, but it was what felt comfortable and that was something the girl needed badly. One more step forward -never too close...he might just take a swing at her- and she spoke behind Gavin's back: "Boo."
[size=75]Gavin:She's the emerald eyed agent of chaos
Vanir:She's cute, it's her personality that gets in the way
Ulder:Syra is a great shredder of paralysis through analysis
Elvin:We call it the Law of Improbable Syrabilities
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Gavin stood unmoving. His arms were crossed across his chest and he just stood waiting. He wanted to move. A few times he even thought about trying to go north by himself, but he remained immobile. They will come. They will come. No need to do this alone. Not this time. At least this once. Or do I hope in vain?

The time seemed to drag endlessly and only his willpower held him rooted to the spot. It was not boredom that made the wait so tedious. It was the lack of time. That damned clicking. Time passes all the time. But, this reminds me of it every flicker. But, I will not move. I will wait a bit more. Someone will come. And then came the familiar voice behind him and a Boo.

Yet when he turned he saw a girl there. But, the girl only seemed strangely familiar. He felt he ought to know her name. He felt a tingle upon his lips. And he felt good once he saw her. Yet, he could not explain any of these things. Do I know her? I feel as if I should. But, it eludes me. Like I am trying to.... I dunno how I feel. Dunno? Why did I use that word? I never do that.

Where only a flicker before was a pillar of focus, a man with singular purpose, now stood Gavin. And he was utterly confused. He was glad she was here. He waited for someone, but there was more to this. It was her he was glad to see. He would not feel the same if it were someone else. And he felt fear. Fear that she might leave. He did not wish her to leave. And that confused him too.

"Hello. I see I am not the only one here. Would you like to wait for the others with me? I think others will.... Sorry, but I think I know you. Do I? Know you I mean? Forgive me, but I am confused. Like I should know something, but I have forgotten. Forgotten something I need."
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Click
Click
Click

"Knock it off, already!" The girl turned to the clicker. "You ain't scaring anyone with stupid noises, ya know! Sheesh...." She turned back to Gavin, who looked as confused as she'd ever seen him.

Hrm...as expected...he ain't remembering. Figures. Dreams and people...almost never mix. Yet...why is he looking at me like that?

It made the girl accutely uncomfortable, hopping from one leg to the other while she pretended to look around under the barrage of questions that were fired at her all at once.

"Hold yer horses, Gav!" She finally stopped him, raising her hands in defense. "First of all, of course yer not the only one here. You said it yourself: you were waiting for THE others, whoever THE others are. Well, guess what...I'm one of em. Second of all, you know me. I know you. We met. In a dream...very unlike this one but this is a dream for sure...ya know how I can be sure? Cause we never met in real life and cause uhhh...well, just trust me. This is a dream."

She took a deep breath and continued: "Yer a smart fellow and the first time we met you told me a story to prove to you later on when we'd meet again that we did meet. Still following me? Well, got three words for ya then..."

The youngster raised one finger. "Stone."
She raised her thumb. "Vision."
Finally she raised her middlefinger to join the other two: "Demon."

"Still confused?" Syrawenn tilted her head at the big man, wondering what exactly he'd believe or remember. There were loads of things she'd prefer he would NOT remember...and perhaps a couple that would be fun if he still knew.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Gwayne of Vendeling »

Goddess, the world has gone mad.....Syrawenn......that proves it

Gwayne stepped forward.

A man ? Who is he....unknown. Control, holy knife..

Gwayne took out the ritual knife.

"What is happening here ?" he asked.

He seemed relaxed but his eyes told otherwise. Maybe this man had given up on life or he was searching for something new. But had clearly not found it, and desperation was there.

Demon she said, odd

He waited, watching the ceiling...
Last edited by Gwayne of Vendeling on Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Goddess is at my side, until she decides to leave me...

Posting on possible days Avatar from our lady Finley.. a mistress of capturing dreams and nightmares in word and pictures.
http://pixieface.deviantart.com/
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

As she spoke he became certain they had met before. Her voice seemed so familiar. And he saw the desolate plain. He was sitting and she was walking towards him. And the image vanished just before she reached his side. We have met. I am certain. Then why can't I remember.

Then she spoke of dreams. And a strange came over him. I dreamed of her. Why does that not surprise me? And why her? And if I met her only in dreams, how can I be certain she is not just a part of a dream. CAUSE SHE IS NOT. She is real. And I dream of her. Heh. I dream of a girl.

Then she gave him the proof he did not need. She told him of the vision he had. Three people besides him knew of that and she was neither of them. So, she must have heard the story. Or you are only dreaming of her. Dreaming her up. No, I am not. She is real. I know it. And I......

He could not finish that last though. There was something missing. An image he could not see yet. An important piece of the puzzle that was her. He noted the man who came, but paid no attention to his presence. This was too important. I feel more complete. I was not complete before. I became complete when she came. Why is that so?

"A forest. Green forest. I was there. So was an adhiel. And a little girl. No, not a little girl. It was you. And we talked. I told you a long story. And you told me your name....." He paused for a flicker his face creased in concentration and then he smiled. "Syrawenn. That is your name. I remember that now. I am happy to see you again. I think so at least. No, I am sure I am happy, but I don't know why."

Only then did he turn towards the newcomer. Smiling he offered just a simple nod. He awaited the others, but still he did not know this man. They are coming. The wait was not in vain. She has come. I......

There was something about her he could not put into words. And he wanted to do it so much. What do I want to do? And why? And how can I want to do it if I don't know what IT is? Bloody Nether. I am so confused. And it is all because of her. I.... There it is again. Better say something to the new arrival. The understanding will come with time. I hope.

"Hey. I see you have come too. Been waiting for people to show up. Don't know why, but I feel there will be more people here soon. Feels strange. Feeling something you can not explain. Sorry. My name is Gavin. And I am sure I have not met you before."
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

More noise.
A new arrival.

Syrawenn spun around and saw..."Gwayne?" She lowered her dagger in response, then saw the ritual knife very ready in his hands. "Wow....no need! Nothing wrong just yet! Good guys all around! Gwayne, Gavin, Gavin, Gwayne..." She turned from the one to the other, making impromptu introductions to avoid any unnecessary bloodshed.

Gwayne looked...odd....Of course things had changed after she'd seen him charge a superior fighter twice for no other reason than...well, that was the problem. She did not understand WHY he did that, other than to make good on his profession of undying love.

She groaned. Right...that was it...damn damn damn...I gave him NO reason to...to uh....well, whatever. ARGH! Complications!

Not a hair on her head thought of using a certain other man as an excuse for Gwayne to finally let go of his obsessive behaviour. For one she did not intend of reminding Gavin of what exactly she had done to him in another dream and for another...Gwayne did not look obsessed. He even looked rather lost.

Okay...different kind of complication. Her attention was called away by Gavins memories of yet another dream. Heh, that's the first time we met. He was sleeping and Dray was pretending there was a dragon! Of course there was gonna be a dragon at another time, but Dray could not know that. Or could he? I dunno...

Her face lit up as he called her by her name. "You remembered!" A beaming smile, mixed in with a bit of surprise. "Good to see you too, sir. Glad yer happy, glad yer alive. We're supposed to travel towards each other in wakey wakey land, ya know...we agreed on that....fighting the Dort-Islay mess? Clans, counts, the works? Gwayne, Gavin is on the other side of this story, but he's on our side really." She quickly added for the Adhiel's benefit before he'd see fit to use that knife.

"Ya know...." A thoughtful glance at Gavin. "You think a lot and talk a little...That's funny. I remember loads of speeches. Where's the speech button?" Syrawenn had to lighten the mood. Things were getting rather weird and the feeling of standing in between these two men made her feel less confident with each passing flicker.

A mischievous grin appeared on her face. After all, when in doubt: joke!
"How much are we betting yer friends will come? Amber and Abner? This is exactly what we've been talking about, only it was supposed to happen in wakey wakey land!"
Last edited by Syrawenn on Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

The new man held a knife. And Gavin chose not to react to it. There were several paces of distance between them and he was pretty confident that he could stop him. But, why should he attack? We never met. I am not hostile. Ah, she knows him. Yes, put the knife away.

Then she spoke of his speeches and he smiled. And he noticed how few words he was using since she appeared. She is right. But, I am confused. It is hard to think now. Or not hard, but I do it slower. And thus I speak less. Like now. And it was you who confused me. Cause I.... Darn. Still not here. It will come. And then I will speak more. And once more he saw himself sitting on the desolate plain and she walking towards him.

"Well, I am glad to meet you, Gwayne. As for the speeches. Well, I told you I am confused. How can I speak when I can't think right. I remember you. Well, I half remember you. I see these images and I don't know if they are real. Or just imagined. And you are in lot of them. I see this desolate plain. All grey. And I am sitting there. And you walk towards me. And I know something important will happen when you reach me> But, it ends before you do. And I know that this is important. That it will tell me something I need to not. Or rather something I want to know. And how can I want something if I don't know what that something is? And that is why I am quiet. I am trying to figure it out."

Then he shook his head. This was not something he liked. Confusion was not something he let govern him before. But, this time he could not just put it aside. Something in this jumble of thoughts was very important. And he had to find out what it was. But, not immediately. It can wait. It is better if it waits. Let you mind figure it out by itself. And so he turned to Gwayne.

"She is right. I am trying to stop the war. And I remember I promised we would meet. But, can't quite recall when. I am going in that direction. Moving towards the Clans. To negotiate the peace. Cause this war should not be allowed to happen. Much more is at stake then mere lives. And meeting Abner and Amber would help. I can't do this alone. Too many enemies. But, if they will be coming I think we ought to wait. The whole story is quite long and I don't want to repeat it."

And then it struck him. I believed when she said Abner and Amber were coming. And I believe every word she says. And it feels like I know she does not lie. That she never lies. Not to me. And why would I think that? Maybe because I.....
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Syrawenn seems to be calm, so mutch better then the fear and pain I seem to remember.

Syrawenn, had clearly concluded that the man was no thread. And introduced the man.So the knife was put back into its resting place, waiting to be called.

Gwayne noticed that his appearance was covered with warpaint, it was a sign that he felt insecure. He concluded that the man looked like a man of Dort.

While keeping silent Gwayne listened to Gavin and nodded.

"Now I am also confused ? What war ? I only know that there where suggestions of fights with Westerners. Are you a Westerner, because I already killed three. They destroyed our people. Do you want ...... no you want to stop the war. What war ?"

Gwayne was confused. His emotions mixed up and the world was ..... crazy..

Posting on possible days Avatar from our lady Finley.. a mistress of capturing dreams and nightmares in word and pictures.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Desolate plains.
Syrawenn's smile disappeared.

Of all the things he could possibly remember he remembered THAT!

The girl was not proud of that particular fight. She was horrified by the effect her words had had on the big man. If it had just been a dream, it wasn't too bad. Everyone deserved a little venting in dreams! But he remembered! He was a dreamwalker!

Inwardly she scowled. But perhaps...he says he was sitting and I walked up to him. That's not the fighting part, is it. That's when I already kicked his legs from underneath him. Oh!

A blush spread rapidly over her entire face, crawling down her neck to her spine. "Ah...uhm..."

He needs to know? He wants to know? Argh! How the flip am I gonna tell him that? And yet, if I'm right about us three here...he'll need to focus on other things. Can't I break it to him gently or somethin?

"Ummmm you see..." If she had been anyone else, she might have been shuffling her feet right now. But she was Syrawenn and as such she did nto shuffle, just kind of evaded Gavin's eyes. "That was another dream...one with bad stuff. Lots of bad stuff. And we had a really bad fight too in that dream. And then you went off to think. And then I walked back to make sure you were gonna snap out of it already cause we needed to stick to the group...and that worked."

Lovely. Not a lie in there. Why don't you just say what you did, huh? You big coward! Don't gimme crap about wanting to spare Gwayne's feelings...okay, so that might just play a part too...but don't blame Gwayne's presence cause without him you still wouldn't say, would you?

Syrawenn was growing angry at herself and used Gwayne's questions as a welcome diversion. "Remember the clans telling us they were preparing for war? Remember them telling us they were siding with the Domininnies ? Remember the dead priests? Remember PECCIA? This IS a war and the clans are being taken for fools! Well, Gavin just happens to have another side of this increasingly idiotic story."
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

As they spoke Gavin got even more confused. Westerners? He killed three? Clans siding with the Dominicans? So that is why they were making the hassle. They wanted to start the war. But, it was not them that started the trouble at the meeting with the Count. It was the other side. But, are the Dominicans the one behind it? Or someone else?

"I'll answer your question first, Gwayne. I am not a Westerner. I was born and raised in Hafne. And I don't work for Dominicans. Or Domininnies, as she puts it. You can say I am working for the Count Johann, but that would not be true. I don't follow his orders. I am more of a councilor. Or a man he trusts. But, I don't answer to him."

Then he turned to Syra. Once more an image flashed through his head. He was sitting, but this time she was in front of him. And he stared into her emerald eyes, as she drew near and her hands grabbed his clothes and pulled him up. And then it was over. She has beautiful eyes. Always burning. I.....

"Now, you never told me the Clans were planning to side with the Oneists. That is important. It means there is more at work and more at stake here than I thought. The Clans, the Count and the Duke, the Oneists and the demons. Four sides. Or is it only three? Abner won't like this. Poor fella. I never wanted to drag him into this."
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

She woke from a nightmare, a terrible dream that even now, just moments after waking, she could barely remember. She was grateful for that, for she could still feel that single claw sliding down the bare skin of her back, torturing her with fire and ice... She shook herself, trying to forget it. She was awake now, she was... Where was she?

She looked around carefully, slowly, stifling a whimper as she realized that she wasn't where she was supposed to be. She was supposed to be in her bed, wrapped safely in the sheets, clad in a simple nightgown. But instead, she was standing in complete darkness. She wasn't wearing a nightgown, that much she could tell. She felt herself. It was her old clothes, her pants and tunic, her vest and boots. She felt her knives sheathed in her low slung belts. That was reassuring... but what had happened to the dress she'd been forced to wear of late? That was puzzling...

She reached out, gasping as her fingers hit stone a bit too hard for comfort. She drew them back, sucking on one of them as it throbbed in protest. "Bad dream," she muttered, "this has got to be another bad dream."

She saw a bit of light to her left, and turned toward it. She started quietly, slowly, down the tunnel, and she heard voices ahead. There seemed to be four of them. Three were talking to each other, while the fourth just kept saying something about going north. The other three didn't seem to be hostile, but she wasn't going to take a chance. What if they turned out to be like the creatures in her last dream? She didn't want to go through that again.

So instead, she just stayed in the shadows, another shadow herself, clinging to the wall. One of the voices sounded familiar, but she hadn't heard it in a long time... She waited, and listened...
Last edited by Amber Kynterle on Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cowgirls Exotica's "Queen of Hearts" - 2008
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

He's buying it
He's buying it
He's buying it
He's...

He looked at her.
Syrawenn's heart jumped.

He just LOOKED! Will you PLEASE act like a rational human being? So what if he figures it out? This is just another dream. He won't remember.

She gulped.

He went on to other subjects.

He bought it!

"Well...they were planning to." She quickly elaborated. "They were talking to some priests of Dominotaur but there were some priests and clanpeople killed too and when we tried to warn em nothing good could come from the Onies, the clanleader of Whelan told us they were gonna anyway and they could not help us any further but that was a different thing cause that was about a rocky man or a korey man which is practically the same letters only in a different order...and they tell me it's important to read and write, well, I don't see the need when I can still explain stuff like this!"

She drew a DEEP breath. "Whew...anyway....That clan was planning and I understood they might not be the exception cause there was gonna be a clanmeeting...where we would not be of course. We, Gwayne an me...and Lys. But she disappeared. Or rather, she stayed behind while we...uh...never mind, different story again."

She was not going to tell him about sir Impeccable! It was bad enough being caught by that creep. The girl still remembered the headache and ensuing panick.

"Abner eh? Yer friend? Demons....demons? DEMONS? Hold it...that was just the vision story...they are in THIS too?" Syrawenns tared at the man with big, seagreen eyes, her eyebrows raised so far they almost left her forehead. "Hey...do you have the feeling of being watched?"
Last edited by Syrawenn on Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anarión Herunna

Post by Anarión Herunna »

IC: The figure in the corner opened a burning set of fires. It ogled them. Nothing else showed underneath the camouflage. Blackness. The running stream constantly changed. Water. Blood. Water. Blood. The endless clicking continued. Click. Click. Click. But why? Why the blood or the water? And why the endless clicking? And why north?

"Reminiscing about what has been will never get you anywhere. Think about now and what lies ahead. That is what matters." It said. An atramentous hole underneath the burning fires. Far down there was another small bonfire. "You all are immense prospects and will be rewarded accordingly. If you choose rightly!"

The burning fires wandered across their faces. "We are not complete yet. We shall have to wait. More will come. Syrawenn Lwyn, Gwayne son of Ferlong, Gavin Tylvan. We wait then. More will come. The hostess will not be pleased though. The longer we wait, the longer she wait."

OOC: Just continue your conversation. I think we'll wait for the rest though.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

A strange feeling filled Gwayne while watching Syrawenn, the radiance of happiness was so clear when she watched Gavin.

Jealousy flared up for a few flickers, but died out even as fast. His clothing turned back to his normal garb.
But his eyes caught those of Syrawenn for a flicker.....and moved on. Nothing had changed, nothing would ever change.

Gwayne felt lonely, and his eyes reflected that. The man fell between worlds, the worlds of the adhiel and the humans, that of life and the one of death, to be part of all and none. absent mindedly he started to clean the ritual dagger, his only strength. Goddess wills.

Watching the ground to avoid to read those burning eye exchanges between Syrawenn and Gavin he answered.
"The clan's still answer to the Goddess bidding Gavin, but some have let the priests of Dominicus abuse the conduct freedom of guests. There are stories of building houses of worship and collecting of souls. Some shall be fighting the count, as he threatens their freedom of choice."

After a burn he resumed "Yes I remember Syrawenn. But I did only hear the words guests."

Demon's ?

"What are demons, or who are the demons ??"

A feeling warned him for something watching in the shadows. He looked up trying to capture the eyes of what was lurking there.
Last edited by Gwayne of Vendeling on Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Gavin listened to Syra and certain things became more clear. Priests of Dominicus among the Clans. Clansmen priests killed. And Whelan leaders itching for war. It al makes sense. They always wanted the freedom. So the Oneists come and they offer them help if they rebel. They have rebelled before and they will do so in the future. This just gives them a better reason to do it. They have an ally now. But, what is in it for the Oneists? What do they profit from it?

Gavin cast a wary eye at the man next to them when he pulled his dagger once more, but he seemed to mean no harm. When he started to clean it, the big man tried to see the details of the blade in his hand. He understood why the man cleaned the dagger. He sharpened his sword when he needed to focus his thoughts. It is carved. Like religious tool. Maybe he is some sort of a priest. But, which God does he follow? Then the man mentioned the Goddess and Gavin understood. Ah, the Mother. He is of the Clans then. But, he is an Adhiel. That is strange.

But all those thoughts did not stop Gavin from hearing the man's words. He spoke a just the thing that Gavin was interested in hearing. They follow the Mother still, but the priests of the One are among them. Spreading their faith. Building the temples. Collecting the souls. Collecting the souls? Anger flared in his eyes. This was just the proof he needed. They are behind it. Spread the pain and terror. Then come in and save the people. And they flock to you. Syra is right. The Dominicus is in league with the demons.

The statue spoke, but he paid no mind to it. He waited for people and it allowed them to wait. So he was in no rush. He would speak with them some more.

"All right, Gwayne. I'll try to explain. Our world is not the only one there is. Someone explained this to me. A mage of a sort. Yet, I don't remember his face. Strange. Anyway, the world is not the only one. Instead, we have the real world or Tether. It is the physical realm and the place where we walk and breathe and eat. Where we feel the pain and suffering. Where we live and die."

He waited for a flicker trying to find a glimpse of understanding in Gwayne's eyes. He really tried to do this, but he did not do it before. He was not a mage. He just tried to explain what Coyote told him about. Coyote? Who the Nether is Coyote?. Oh, bother.

"But, then there is a place called Aether. Some call it a dream realm. It is where we go when we dream. Gods live there. Each in a realm of his own. It is limitless. And once you find yourself there, you may have certain powers. Bringing the items into existence. Changing their physical properties. Stuff like then."

Gavin still was not sure what the limits of the Aether were. He knew some parts, but he still did not understand it all. And it was hard to explain what you did not understand.

"Then, there is the Nether. A place of evil and power. And there are beings that live there too. And they are as evil and powerful as the place they hail from. Imagine the worst kind of monsters you can. Well, they are like that. And much worse. I fought a big floating eye with tentacles for arms and acidic touch. I fought the stone creatures that sought turn me into a supper. That is what demons are."

Then he remembered the question Syrawenn asked. And he nodded at her and for a flicker pondered how to put his thoughts into words.

"I told you about demons. But, they are not just the visions. They are real. And they are in Dort. I saw two and the third one was chased away, by Kelsyk. The big floating eye with tentacles, an ordinary eye that looked like it was pulled from someone's head and the third one I know only from Kelsyk's description. Looked like a man with burning eyes and white skin. Killed a man I captured."

He stopped again and scratched his beard. He felt like someone watched him and the beard scratching was a sign he suspected something. But, for now he remained silent. Should I tell her my doubts? Of course I should. She needs to know.

"Now, there is more to this. The first attack was aimed at the Count I think. To keep him from intervening in the Clan affair. And I think you may be right. Oneists might be working with the demons. What I don't like is that Amber is not the other side of the damned island. Stuck in the Clan territory. Just like you. Last I heard she was in the Hafne Keep, surrounded by the Clansmen. And I do plan to reach her. Even if I have to cut my way to her. Same with you. I remember the deal we made. I travel to Islay and we solve this one together. Only, I don't remember much when I awake. So, that is a big problem."

Then he decided to go for the kill. To tell them everything. Even the Dein is Mein's part in all this. He was not certain of it, but all clues pointed towards it.

"And one more thing. The Steward of Dort. Dein is Mein. He is the one working with the demons. I am almost certain of it. I only don't know if he is connected to the Oneists. It seems improbable, but their goals are connected. So, it could be so. And I can't just arrest or kill the second most powerful man on the island. Not without some major proof. And that is something I don't have."
Last edited by Gavin Tylvan on Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Needless to say, Amber was a bit confused by the conversation she was hearing. Demons, Oneists, and the gathering of souls... she didn't have a clue as to what they were talking about. She'd been stuck in that damned keep in Hafne for far too long. But that man that spoke of coming for her... his voice sounded familiar. She tried to place it with a face, and almost instantly, it clicked into place. No, it couldn't be. She hadn't seen him in so long. Or at least it felt like a long time. But who else could it be? Who else did she know that cared enough about her to come try to rescue her?

Finally, she couldn't tolerate not know any longer. She had to know if it was him. "Gavin?" she said softly from the shadows where she hid. She stepped forward, trying to stay well away from the odd statue like shadow that kept talking at them. "Gavin, is that you?" She stepped forward to where the others could see her, though she stayed well back from them.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Gwayne decided to be quiet, there was nothing to say anyway. So he nodded to Gavin that he understood. Trying to place the information in that he already had, he started to understand the suggestions that the faeries had made to him over the years.

But the appearance of the red haired lady got him confused.... Lyssa ??. But it was not the same red haired lady. He stepped backwards into the shadows.

The world had become a strange place indeed.

Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

The man that was known to Syrawenn simply nodded as Gavin explained the pay of the planes to him. It seemed a bit odd for a warrior without any shred of magickal power to do so, but he tried nonetheless. And it seemed it was working.

And then the voice came. For a flicker Gavin stood and dared not move and then his eyes went to the spot from where it was heard. Amber? Here? Just like Syra said. Maybe Abner will be here too. This is one more dream. But, I must remember this one. I must.

Slowly the big man walked towards the shadows that held his friend. He stopped a few paces away from it and peered in the gloom. He could make out the silhouette, but not the features. But, he could not be mistaken. It was more than just similar. It was Amber's voice.

"Amber? Is that you? Come out of that dark so I can see you. I missed you. So did Abner. We are coming to get you back. We are coming with an army at our backs. But, I would like it to end without blood. What happened there? We were both out cold when you left. And then the Count told us you were left behind. Did he abandon you?"
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Syrawenn itched to give her personal view on the aether and nether, but somehow it didn't seem appropriate. The big man was doing a nice job at putting everything in the right order and she would no doubt just confuse the issues once again.

Of course Gwayne was probably right about the clan calling those idiot priests guests, but she just knew it was gonna be more than guests. Following up on her own reasoning was not such an illogical thing when she thought about what exactly sir Peckalot had been planning. It could even be construed as proof that the Dominobodies were trying to talk their way in and destroy everything from the inside out. So instead of arguing, she shrugged, knowing she was right anyway. Besides, there was something in Gwayne's look she didn't like right now. He looked so...lost.

Not my problem. Not my damn problem that he insists on obsessing over me! I ain't the one telling him to try and get himself killed!

The clock man was being obnoxious and as such the perfect vent-victim for her growing anger at Gwayne's attitude. "Hey, mister clicky, how bout you telling us who yer mistress is an why she would be upset waiting? Im sure she'd like her guests complete, wouldn't she?

Meanwhile Gavin went on about the aether. Now the girl made extra sure to keep her mouth shut. She knew about the power of the aether and hated it with a strength only surpassed by her loathing of Dominicus.

Nether...yeah....batties and demons, powerplayers and open portals...I know, I know all this stuff....but stewards and counts? Proof?

"HAH!" She could not hold it inside any longer. "Ya need proof? We'll get proof. Trust me, I'm good at getting proof! People tend to get infected by blabbing!"

And right that moment a female voice spoke and an incredible mass of red curls stepped out of the shadows. Syrawenn too was taken aback, sure for a moment that beautiful Lyss had followed them here...and then realized it had to be Amber. Had Gavin not told her they were good friends? Him, Abner and Amber? This woman -oh man...she's gorgeous...how the flip am I gonna compe....errrr....let's not go there- obviously knew Gavin rather well, trusting him.

The next flicker Gavin called out her name, telling her he had missed her so. Syrawenn suddenly discovered her boots were very much worth inspecting while the two old friends caught up on things.

Very much worth it...every little scratch and discoloration was marked and noted while her ears could not help but pick up the incredibly nice tone of voice these two used towards each other.

Coming to get her back...with an army...oh yeah, I can see she's worth fighting for. Damnnnnnn that hair! I'd kill for hair like that! She's a knock out! And those eyes!

Quickly Syrawenn started to survey the ground again, hopping from one leg to the other to get a better view of the several cracks in the floor. Very interesting floor. So much more interesting than the possible goings on between Gavin and Amber.

Yup. Good thing you didn't tell him, girl. Good thing indeed. Now you'll be able to save face without embarrassing anyone. Let's get practical, shall we?

Ignoring the ugly green monster inside the youngster gritted her teeth and took a deep breath. "Right...yer Amber then. Abner on his way too by any chance? This here is Gwayne, I'm Syrawenn, Syra for short if ya like. You realize this is a dreamy thing, doncha?"
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

As Gavin turned toward her and took a few steps closer, Amber rushed forward and hugged him tightly before she could think better of it. She normally wasn't given to such displays of emotion, especially when other people were present, but it had been a long time since she'd seen a friendly face. Especially one that was willing to try to rescue her.

"Yes, it's me," she murmured, her voice a bit muffled against his chest. She remembered herself and pulled back a bit. "I... I missed you too. And Abner. I don't know where he's at. Haven't you seen him?" She paused for a moment, her eyes distant as she tried to remember things. "I don't really know much of what happened after we got separated. I can only hope that thing we fought and tried to trap didn't do anything to me, like it said it wanted to. I don't remember anything about it. All I know is that I've been stuck in some keep in Hafne, and I've been masquerading as a servant girl." She frowned. "I have to wear these dreadful dresses; they're no good for fighting in! Anyway, I met this little girl Jenny, but I think she's smarter than most little girls. Her clan attacked the castle to rescue her, and they want to take me with them, too. I don't know why. It's a big mess. And... and... I killed this one guy... he tried to stop us... it was terrible..." She realized she was starting to ramble, and blushed sheepishly as Syranwenn introduced herself and Gwayne.

"I'm pleased to meet you," she said quietly. "I kinda guessed this was a dream, but I wish it wasn't. I've been with strange people for so long... But like I said, I'm afraid I don't know anything about Abner. I had thought he was with you, Gavin."
Abner Klop
Civus

Post by Abner Klop »

...and then there was Abner. 27 inches of virile gnomehood came into existence just to Gavin's side. But all was not well: to the others, Abner seemd to be moving with incredible slowness; to Abner, the others -- he recognized instantly Gavin and Amber and for some reason knew the other two were called Syrawenn and Gwayne -- zipped to and fro like flies, making curious buzzing noises that the gnome finally concluded must be speech. As the other four conversed, Abner had to struggle to stay with them, like wading upstream against a fast current. It was a tiring effort, but the dreaming gnome had the distinct feeling that something important was happening here.

(OOC - Hi, folks. I'm here, but I'm not sure how actively I'll be able to participate. I'll be travelling and probably without Internet for the holidays, from 12/22 to 1/2. Just wanted to warn y'all.)
"Wel loved he garlek, onyons, and eek lekes,
And for to drynken strong wyn reed as blood"
--Geoffery Chaucer
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

It was Amber that stood before him. But, when she hugged him, Gavin was lost for a fraction of a flicker. She always acted as a tough experienced girl. And here she was a looking to him for comfort. And Gavin was the only child. He never had a younger sister or a brother. For a flicker he did not know what to do, but then his hands, almost of their own volition closed protectively around the girl.

A deep scowl settled on his face and at that moment he was ready to tear anyone threatening her limb by limb with his bare hands. She was his friend and she cared for her. If Count Johann was there that moment he would smack him on the jaw. Leaving a girl behind. What did you think, idiot? Pray that she gets out of this unharmed, for if she suffers any harm so do you.

"It's all right, Amber. Shhhhh. Calm down. I'll find you even if I have to go down to Nether to get you back. I am sorry it happened like this. It is all my fault. I asked you to come meet the Count with me. But, we'll make it right."

Then she spoke of killing a guy and his eyes darkened. Now whomever was behind it all was going to suffer. Gavin uttered a silent vow as he held her for comfort. For each pain inflicted on my friends. For every fear they felt. For every tear they shed. Every hardship they endured. For each and every one of those miseries you shall pay, unseen one. I shall bring you down and make you suffer the same. And you shall know why you suffer and beg me for release, but my heart will be a stone to you. This I swear, hidden one. I swear it by the Father, by the Mother and by all the Gods of Tazlure. I swear it by my soul and my honor and my life. I, Gavin Tylvan, will be your doom. Or I shall die in the effort. For Syrawenn. For Amber. For Amber. And for every other person I ever held dear.

As she drew back when Syrawenn introduced herself and Gwayne, Gavin caught a glimpse of her eyes and for a moment she was not Amber. And they were not standing in the hall next to a ticking statue. He was on a desolate plain, and the girl before him was Syrawenn. And she just kissed him. It was a dream, but we are both real. And my faith, my resolve was broken and she made me whole again. I love her. Love every little piece of her. Every quirk, every imperfection, every chaotic bit of her. And I feel better for knowing it. That was the last bit of puzzle. I am whole once more.

It lasted the briefest instant and Amber was before him once more. As she drew back he remained at her side, a protective figure in armor, almost daring anyone to try and do her harm. But, his eyes were on the other girl. He watched her and felt at peace. I remember. I love you. And I am grateful that you exist. His mind was filled with emotions, but he did not say a word.

"Slow down you two. You are right. This is a dream. But, it has a purpose. Dark times are coming and we are the ones chosen to fight against the darkness. That is why we are here. To meet and to make a plan. Or so I think. Only Abner and Kelsyk are miss....."

At that moment he saw Abner was standing next to him. And he was glad the little fellow was there. For all his strange ways, the gnome had a sharp mind and was a loyal friend. And he needed loyal friends. People like Amber and Abner. People like Syrawenn and that strange Adhiel named Gwayne by her side. I do not doubt he is worthy. He is with her, and for some reason I trust her judgment. No matter how confusing her words may sound, she is usually right.

"Oh, sorry. He is here. Syra this is Abner. A fine gnomish gentleman and even finer friend. Abner, this is Syrawenn. A girl I dream of." That sounded strange. True, but strange. And appropriate in more than one way. "She is fighting the same battle as we are. Only on the other side of the conflict and on the other side of Dort. And next to her is Gwayne. And guess what. Amber is here too. Five is a fine number, but I hope there will be more. I have faith in all of us, but we are few and our foes are many. Help would be most welcome. Gods know we need it"
Last edited by Gavin Tylvan on Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

She's hugging him...he's putting his arms around her...right. Back off. She missed him...
Shuddup
She needs his comfort...
Shut-up
She doesn't like dresses. Gotta love her for that.
SHUDDUP!

Seething.
Cold.
Confusion.

Don't tell me you like that...guy....he's a guy! And obviously taken too. You got better things to do than go daydreaming....nightdreaming....argh! CONCENTRATE!

Swallowing loads of unsaid words the girl moved her attention to the ceiling which showed remarkably similar cracks to those on the floor. Already her distorted mind was making up whole theories on mirrorring cracks from bottom to top and the significance in the structure and stability of the building when she remembered their strange gathering.

Somehow she didn't feel like waiting anymore. Waiting made people do weird things. Waiting made her see a lot more than she wanted to see.

Grumbling inside she kicked away a nonexistant pebble and looked at the clickyman again. He was just SO convenient! "You still haven't answered me, ya know. I know you can talk. Any more people expected? Should we go in already? What's in there anyway? Why won't you talk!"

Ah, such wonderful ways to get rid of a little excess energy. It was a good thing the girl realized fully well this was a dream or she might just start feeling guilty. Instead she turned around and nodded at Amber...redheaded lovely Amber...and took a careful breath. The girl wanted to dislike this young woman. She really, really wanted to loathe her and it irked her tremendously that right now that seemed quite impossible cause the woman was nice.

"Glad to see yer a dreamwalker...now...not to be rude or anything, but just to check...what do you remember from JUST before entering here? Don't think, just answer." She tilted her head, knowing what answer she wanted to hear. If this was a figment of Gavin's imagination, the woman would give some crap about walking in here or whatever, or maybe give the exact story Gavin needed to hear. She was going to measure Amber's answer carefully against the big man's reaction.

A hazy presence distracted her for the moment. He wasn't really here, it seemed, but Gavin introduced him nevertheless. "Pleased to meet ya, but I ain't shaking hands with a ghostly vision. So as soon as you solidify, I owe you one, kay?" Syrawenn consented, her mind on other things. The big man was looking at her in a very strange way.

He's calling me Syra...how many people call me that? They all say Syrawenn...guess I grew out of the 'hey you there'. It send a pleasant shiver down her spine to hear him call her that. It was nuts.

SHUDDUP.

"Ehrm..." Forcing the warmth from her cheeks down the girl continued: "Kelsyk? Dunno that name...he or she involved in this mess? then he'll be here for sure. Otherwise we just go in an see what happens. I wanna know what's so important that we're all gathering here and I'm betting it's Islay. But I'd like to know for sure...so...when are we going in?"

Action, yeah, that's what she needed. To do something and move forward instead of standing her feeling watched. Something had changed from the moment the beautiful redhead hugged Gavin and Syrawenn was not so sure she liked the change.

"On the other side of the conflict, eh? Don't let that fool ya, guys, I ain't going against anything but the dominosy's. Okay, and demons, maybe, but I've never seen a demon up close save in dreams and those were many and different and weird, oh wait, this is a dream too...we gonna see demons here too? Awful lot of those around in nightmares these days...gotta mean something."

That made her think. "Hmm...yeah...that's gotta mean something..."

Return to “Erulzat Archives”