The Prodigal son

Moderators: Syra, Dartimos Hammer, Mods

The Prodigal son

Post by Guest »

(Samheen 26th, TT)

It was a somewhat releived Loraith that came through the portal, true things in the Citadel had not gone as he liked. He was not a knight, he has not gained favour in the embassy, nor was he coming here of his own free-will. But at least he was not dead, had Anghril's money in his pocket and had ambition. He was a no-body in the Citadel but with a little luck and a bit of family understanding, things should happen quickly here.

The heady smell of the tropics assaulted his senses, and the lush fertility of the island was about him. What a change it was, how good it was to see Kislovani about, two shapers flanked him and he turned to one and gave a curt nod. "Hail kinsman, I am Lord Loraith Kasvenir of Kislovan and of House Cullàmh." He smiled and gently put a hand on his heart, he had lost his armour but that could be changed soon, "I have returned from a brief stay in the Citadel. Is there a screening process I must take or may I be on my way." Loraith was to head straight to his family compound, it was about time to see if the bosom of his rather small family would accept him as a legitimate member or if they would turn him aside. Still he looked at the shaper holding himself like a noble, he did not want an endless checking process to hold him up.
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

The Shaper to his left, a thin adhiel woman with hair like moonlight and eyes the color of the jungle leaves, smiled. "Namaste, Lord," she replied in a low melodic voice, her own hand coming over her heart as a mirror to his. "We ask nothing of you upon entrance to Kislovan through this portal. We shall only take down your name for the registry, m'Lord, and where you will be staying while you're here."

The Shaper to his right, a handsome adhiel man, golden haired and silver-eyed, offered a smile of his own to the blond achadhiel that stood between himself and his partner. In his graceful hand, he held a tablet of parchment and a quill. Already, he had scratched a few unintelligible symbols and seemed to be waiting to enter more in his minimal log.
"First let's just unzip your religion down" - [i]Crazy[/i], Tori Amos
Tickle-fight champion.
[i]Avatar is At the Edge of the World by Electra[/i]

Post by Guest »

Loraith smiled and gave another nod before turning gracefully to the other shaperl, one hand was on his sword, languishing on the hilt like a snake sliding over a tree. It was not to show anger or it may be used soon. The sword to Loraith represented survival and skill, plus being a member of Kislovan's warrior gentry. His other hand now moved up to his hair and stroked it. He really needed a bath he smelt to high heaven, but these gracefull shapers were ignoring it no doubt. Immediately he felt at home and smiled again, a beaming smile and perhaps a geniune one. "Of course as I mentioned I am Lord Loraith Kasveir of Kislovan son of Aldo Kasvenir of Kislovan, and as I mentioned I am a member of glorious House Cullàmh" he smiled.

"I shall be in my family holdings in the City or if not I shall take rooms nearby. I shall rent an appartment with a garden I imagine." He smiled and turned back to the woman his latent urges once more getting the better of him. There was a potency and a power to the shapers and Loraith was vaguely intrigued, "Since my wearabouts are slightly shrouded at present, perhaps my Lady would allow me to return later when I am more presentable and confirm my location." A gentle movement of the hips towards her, a slightly pout of the lips and his arm moved slowly to be in line with his chest, his hand faced upwards and seemed to ask for her hand so he might lavish a kiss upon it. To take the hand and kiss it without permission wouold be positively Panling but to do so wih invitation was polite was it not?

"And of course the Temple of K'Tan is no place to discuss such things, it has been a few moons since I last trod the walks of this city, a guide would be welcome if not a necessity." His head dipped to one side causing his hair in a golkden waterfall to cascade over his right shoulder, his lips parted again slightly so his tongue was just visible. How he loved this, how he loved Kislovan.
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

While her partner scribbled the appropriate information on his tablet, the object of Loraith's attention curved the right corner of her lip up into a small, intriguing half-smile. "I look forward to your return, m'Lord," she replied melodically. Pale lids lowered over her bright eyes for a moment, looking down as a sign of respect. "And the information you will bring upon that time." Once more, her eyes opened to look into those of the newest arrival as she held one hand slightly forward of her hips, open and inviting to the member of Nobility she saw before her.

The smile left her face for a brief moment, thin lips becoming a touch thicker at the bottom as a slight pout emerged. "And much as I would enjoy accompanying you, m'Lord, and guiding you through our fair City upon your return, my duty is to remain here until the end of this Tide when another will come to take my place. If I shall be so lucky, I may again see you when other matters don't require so much of my time."

The adhiel beside her remained silent, though his silver eyes twinkled with mirth.
Tickle-fight champion.

Post by Guest »

Loraith took the hand presented to him, and placed his fingers under it, he drew it towards him not forced it the hand would only move it she moved it in pefect unison with his hand, nothing done here was done by Loraith it was a way of working out proper intrest. If she resisted slightly then he knew there was a lack of interest, if it moved in unison then it was fine. Gently he reached his head down and placed a kiss on the knuckle of the finger next to her thumb. He moved to the knuckle of the next finger and then the next, leaving a little trail of saliva behind him, finally he reached the last finger and gave that knuckle a little kiss, moving down gently he placed a final kiss on the tip of the little finger before moving his head back up but keeping a hold of the hand for now.

The maintenance of touching would of course intensify the nature of the conversation, if either was offended they could withdraw their hand and depart but for now Loraith at least kept up the contact. "Do not burden your face with frustration fair blossom, I shall return to this point to meet you again unless fate tears me asunder on many other paths." He smiled, "Wait for me here, then luck shall not be allowed to steal you away from me, so elegant changer, mystic of Kislovan will you remain for me when I return and then direct me around the fair city? I am sure much has changed since I was here last?"
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

At the first drops of wetness left upon her hand, a slight look of disgust crossed the adhiel's face, though she tried to cover it up quickly. She waited until Loraith had finished his attention to her hand before pulling it gently away from him to rest at her side once more. A smile still remained but there was a touch of distance there that hadn't been before.

"I shall be here until the end of the tide," she told him, "And I look forward to your return. I would be happy to be your guide as you get reaquainted with Kislovan."
Tickle-fight champion.

Post by Guest »

Loraith nodded gently, it was rather obvious to him that she was not responding in a satisfactory way to his advances. He felt he did not enrapture her as he hoped he might, she maintained an air of professionalism that disinterested Loraith. He was to say the least peculiar about such details, often needing control when it was not given. As she pulled her hand away Loraith let it go his own hand following it freely before collapsing back down to rest on his sword again.

"Perhaps....perhaps I shall call on you, if not then feel free to ask for me at the Cullàmh compound, even if they do not house me I shall be sure to let them know of my location." He was not so interested in this shaper now, as he cast a furtive glance at her hand, his lips pursed. "Be well children of K'Tan." He smiled and gave the woman a curt and perhaps somewhat stern, it reeked of an arrogance wounded. Then he turned to the man and smiled, a sickly sweet courtiers smile, "Be well my friend." He turned and headed towards the exit of the temple rapidly moving on foot towards the compound of House Cullàmh, his heart beat like a drum inside his chest as this monumental moment appeared closer with each step he took.
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

The streets of Kislovan were busy this time of day, though honestly no busier than one would expect for a bustling city in the middle of the day. Occasionally, Loraith would pass by a couple of older women gossiping in the middle of the street, updating each other on the news that one or the other seemed to have missed. The largest bit of gossip, heard in snippets as he passed, had to do with some adhiel woman calling down lightning on a poor human girl who was lucky to be alive, though just barely at that, for shame. The reasons put forth varied widely. Some insisted it was jealousy over a man. Others said that it had been done for the adhiel's cruel amusement. Still others though that it was some magical experiment gone horribly wrong. No one that Loraith heard as he walked could come to a concensus on what the real reason was, however.

One thing was a little strange, if Loraith took the time to notice it. As he passed, many of the humans made a point to get out of his way, usually with a closed, angry look. If he took the time to notice further, it would be clear that anyone of adhiel decent were being treated much the same way. It made his journey easier, but there was a tension to the inhabitants of the city that hadn't been there when he was last in Kislovan.

Soon, the small shops gave way to modest homes, which in turn gave way to larger homes, which in turn gave way to the large compounds of the nobility. The Cullàmh compound was easy to recognize, the family crest woven intricately into the iron of the front gate. A large, airy home sat far back from the street, lush grass and large trees filling the area in between. A human servant, dressed in a pale red and cream sari, clipped methodically at shaped hedges that sat under large picture windows, framing the house. The TradeTide sun glinted off the windows, making it impossible to see if there was any movement inside. Other than the soft clip, clip, clip of the sheers over the hedges, the compound was silent and seemingly devoid of all but this one life.

The compound was surrounded by a fence made of iron and pristine white stone, stood three times as high as Loraith and were topped by elegant, deadly spikes spiraling toward the sky. A hard-packed road lead from the front of the house to two large swinging gates, wide enough to let mounted men enter side by side with plenty of room for any bags they may be carrying. Beside the larger gates stood an almost unobtrusive smaller door, just taller than man height, from which lead a small, bricked path that eventually widened into a beautiful wide walkway to the front door. Beside this smaller door hung a brass bell.
Tickle-fight champion.

Post by Guest »

As Loraith heard tale of this lightning his emotions were somewhat split. At one point he would have been passive but recent events had magnified his Adhiel side and sensibilities and he felt himself inwardly smirking at the humans fear of him. He wished no harm on humans but arrogance that he was superior began to overtake him.

Loraith took a moment to marvel at the compound, he had been here before when he was last in the city. He had never been inside, merely looked at it through the gates. But it was time to at last try to get inside. So he walked up to the smaller gate and rang the ball. Hoping to be allowed in.
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

For several burns, it seemed as though Loraith's call was going to be unanswered. Not even the servant working on the hedges turned toward the direction of the gates. Then the sound of measured footsteps slapping against stone could be heard coming from somewhere behind the hedges to the left of the small entrance. It took another half a burn for the person in question to appear.

A small, thin adhiel guard, dressed in the bright azure and silver of House Cullàmh, rounded the corner. His golden hair was pulled back into a simple silver torque which held every strand in perfect place down his back. A lithe hand rested comfortably on an ornately pommeled short sword resting at his hip. Green eyes studied the figure waiting on the other side of the gate, taking in his less-than-stately appearance with a slight frown. "How may I help you?" he finally asked, a touch of frost to his words.
Tickle-fight champion.

Post by Guest »

"Ah good day, I am Lord Loraith Kasvenir of Kisovan of Family Cullàmh, cousin of the glorious Achroiliel Rilana Lady master of the Seas, and as such I seek entry into this household, I wish to speak with my cousin or if she is not at this estate then the head of the household." Loraith smiled and could do little more but hope the man did not immediately rebuff him.
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

The guard looked through the gate at Loraith, clear disdain crossing his thin features as he took in the unkempt appearance and, more importantly, the subtle odor, of the man before him.

"Cousin, you say?" he finally replied. "From what line of the family? Because in the many long years I have been serving House Cullàmh, the name 'Loraith' is not one that's ever been mentioned to me as one to exp..."

He trailed off, green eyes narrowing as a memory came back to him. He studied Loraith for a burn longer before nodding. "My apologies, Sir," he continued with a touch of polite formality. "If you would be so kind as to wait, I will see if anyone is in the household to receive you."

With a nod, the guard turned on his heel and retreated the way he came.

It took several burns for the adhiel to return to Loraith at the gate, but when he did, he immediately swung open the gate, stepping behind it to let Loraith pass. "Her Ladyship is indeed in and will be expecting you on the back veranda. I regret that I am unable to guide you to her as I've other tasks to attend to. If you'll follow this path, it will guide you around the her Ladyship."

The path that the guard pointed to curved around to the left, paralleling the fence for a short time before veering toward the back of the house. From the first steps of the path, the immaculate lawn could be seen to continue through the large expanse of land, cut occasionally by walkways such as these cutting across them to lead to various parts of the grounds. The view from here was much the same as the view from the main gates just beside it, though a small portion of the back veranda could be seen, potted flowering plants delinating the edges of the overhung area.
Tickle-fight champion.

Post by Guest »

Loraith felt his spirit drop, he was not going to be allowed in and would need to spend an age convincing his family he was the real Loraith, letters to lady Meria and they wouldno doubt summon his father and it would all be a great fiasco. But then a flash of memory for the fellow, Loraith did not know what he had recalled. Perhaps his name mentioned in conversation once, in a drunk joke across the dinner table, perhaps he had once been called the fool of the family, the joke, or the black sheep? It did not matter as long as he could get in he could make amends he hoped.

Loraith smiled when he was allowed in and after a brief word of thanks to the guard began to follow the path. As he walked he ran his hands through his hair and tried to was the worst of the dirt off himself trying to improve his image even if only slightly.

Loraith walked slowly as he did this taking in the view, it was beyond plesant that much was for sure and he wanted to remember it in case he was forever banished. He would not rush up when he saw her, instead he would keep his calmness and appear as the perfect gentryman, all manners and very little else. So with a somewhat whistful smile and a last glance and the expanse of clean and plesant land he moved towards the veranda proper.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

As Loraith came around the corner of the house, a tall, willowy adhiel woman rose to greet him, a pleasant smile on her face. "Loraith! I've heard so much about you. I'm so pleased you've come to visit. I am Rilana Cullàmh."

Copper curls framed her alabaster skin, hanging in long loose waves to her waist, being momentarily brushed aside as she reached out one hand to welcome him. "The last I'd heard, you'd had left Kislovan quite quickly. I must say that we are pleased for your return. Whatever brought you back?"

She gestured for him to take a one of the cushioned wicker seats that were set in a cosy circle under the shaded overhang. A carafe of Kislovani wine waited in a chilled pitcher on a low table in the center of the circle, two crystal glasses waiting beside it to be filled. Upon a square wooden block sat a wheel of aged goat cheese, a small knife embedded within the first cut. Rilana smoothed the emerald green sari that drapped elegantly over her figure beneath her as she took her own seat in front of the wine. She lifted the carafe to fill the first glass for herself. The pitcher hovered above the second glass as her sparkling green eyes silently questioned if her guest would care for some as well.
Tickle-fight champion.

Post by Guest »

Loraith found a smile creeping onto his face, fear dissapated inside him as she appeared plesant and welcoming. His somewhat yellow teeth appeared for a moment before his mouth closed again and he forced himself into a bow. With a flourish of the arm he moved down, his legs bending, his arm making multiple gestures under him as he went down then rapidly and elegantly rose again.

Moving forward he accepted the hand in a formal manner, putting his fingers under hers and raising her hand a few inches before retreating. In a bright and clear voice and clearly too loud for an informal conversation Loraith began, "Oh noble and most worthy cousin, how the fates have been cruel to have waited all these years before entwining our futures so inexorably."

As she asked her question Loraith smiled and looked at the sky across towards the sea, "The swallow is a mysterious bird cousin, it ventures about the world on an essentially pointless pilgrimige of sorts and then returns to nest again and settle down. Nature has a way of giving the ideas of animals to us, a certain whimsical spirit came over me to see what was beyond the waves." He smiled and turned his eyes upon her now seated form, "But the lands beyond the sea hold no treasures of your splendor cousin and most gracious Lady." He smiled and sat indolently in the chair.

This pleasure lasted for a moment however as Loraih moved forward to accept the carafe from her hands with the words, "My Lady must allow me to fill my own glass as well as hers, after all I am my Ladies servant first and her cousin second." He smiled as he filled his own glass slightly and took a sip before replacing the glass. "That is the best vintage I have tasted for quite some time, the vinyards near the sea benefit from the monsoon, the sea air ripens the grape early and makes them fat and pulsating with flavour." Another relaxed smile as he took another sip, "The sea gives itself to life and we drink its very essence, the very spirit of creation in a mere glass."

He coughed gently, informal talk was all very well for creating a facade of culture but it got nothing done, "I hope my Lady will remember I am hoping to be here not as a guest but as a returning servant, I am afraid I know nothing of the state of our family but I had hoped a cousin may be useful in something, it is my intention to stay in Kislovan for some time yet and I hoped that I might for the first time seek the bosom of the family to lean against?" He smiled and nodded his head quickly, "But please forgive my blunt manner my Lady, I have gained an impatience from my travels, it is a bad habit and one I hope to quash soon."
Last edited by Guest on Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

Through all of Loraith's many compliments, Rilana maintained a courtly blush. I do wish someone had taught him the difference between the right amount of flattery and laying it on too thickly, however, she mused internally while she smiled and flushed at his newest compliment of her fairness. If it weren't my need of him at the moment... ah well, there will be time to teach him. And if he fails...

Taking a long sip of her own wine, she listened as he finally brushed upon his "real" reason for his visit. Not that she believed that it was as simple as familial obligation and the desire to serve that brought him back. No, she suspected his motivations went much, much deeper than that. Which was all well and good, as far as she were concerned.

With a smile, she waved away the apology of his bluntness. "Times in foreign soil often do change our perspectives, dear cousin," she replied, "And while they don't hold the charms that our fair Kislovani customs do, they ARE sometimes beneficial. And rather than waste time with idle chitchat of family that neither have seen in yahren or how beautiful the Marva plants are this season, it might be better for us to get down to a little business. I'm certain there are others that would be calling upon your time upon the outcome of our meeting." Her words held heavy meaning, but she did not elaborate beyond an enigmatic smile.

"Your timing, my dear cousin, is in fact, impeccible. I have been searching for someone that I can trust to send to the Palace. I, myself, usually spend much time there but our estates in Cerlaennabh have been plagued with a few matters that only I may attend to." Before Loraith had a chance to inquire what sort of matters those might be, she shook her head slightly. "They are nothing to truly worry about, dear cousin. But it is something that will draw me away from the court for some time. I do, however, wish us to maintain a presence at Court while I am away. Nothing too demanding, I assure you."

Leaning forward to place her glass on the table before her, a lock of copper curls escaped it's place from behind her ear to brush softly against her cheek. Absently, she reached up to slip it back into place. "There are a few... other tasks... somewhat sensitive ones, that I would ask you to perform for me while you are there, if it would not be too much trouble," she continued, offering her cousin a charming smile as her green eyes sparkled. "But nothing I'm sure you wouldn't be able to handle."
Tickle-fight champion.

Post by Guest »

Loraith raised his head and maintained eye contact, as she spoke nodding as she decided upon talking about business. But upon hearing he was going to be stationed at the palace he smiled, provenance did favour him it seemed. The Palace was the place he certainly wanted to be. And as the senior representative of the family he would have some respect which would be useful. "You may trust me cousin" he murmured as she presented her offer. But as she mentioned other tasks he decided to reveal his motivation.

"To enhance this new level of trust cousin I feel I should teel you exactly why I am here. I was given a mission by lady Meira Duedhal the Kislovani ambassador in the Citadel to assasinate a human named Suli D'War who was trying to gain the support of the Western Kingdom against us, alas I failed and have spent the last day or two in a rather dank Oubliette hence my current personal grooming. And unfortunately I was unable to gain my knighthood that way." He smiled and shook his head rurefully, "I am no assasin, I have some skill with the sword and can spin the occasional sonnet but in the aspects of sneaking and murder I feel decidedly short." He gently put his head in his hands, "I just wanted you to know my great failings, but rest assured it has made me more keen to gain my knighthood anjd repair my past failures, but....but if you other sensitive tasks require such similar activites then I am afraid I must declare myself unable now, I have been shown by K'Tan my skills and those are not them."

"I hope you shall not hold a past failure against me dear cousin, sometimes failure can be a blessing. It has removed any arrogance in abilities I have and hardened my ambition, and what are we if not ambitious beasts for my ambition is surely for the benefit of both of us." He smiled, "I have not been very long in this place, but I know that each of the great families have been depleted in blood members, and despite my past failings I would say that I am vastly superior to no-one." He smiled and gently moved his hands through his hair, "I am sorry that you are leaving the city, I had hoped that we might get to know each other better." He smiled, "But if you forgive my past failure I would be happy to keep an eye on the household and reside at court till you return." He took a sip of wine and put the glass down, "After all dear Cousin I have failed that much is true, but I remain your blood relative and we have a link that you cannot create through any social interaction, of all those in this city, you can trust me before them."

"Will you accept my failures and still allow me to serve our family, I can gain my knighthood I am sure I can and that will only serve to increse your own prestige." He smiled and cast his eyes down awaiting her judgement.
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

At the mention of the Kislovani ambassador's name, a small look of disgust flitted across Rilana's features. It figures that bitch would be involved in some way, she thought cattily. She listened with interest at the rest of her cousin's tale, nodding occasionally as the details unfolded. When he finally finished speaking, she offered him a dazzling smile and placed a hand on his arm.

"I must admit that I am glad to know it was not circumstances within your control that brought you home in such a state," she told him, eyeing his dress with a smirk. "I'd been planning on speaking with you about that, but I think first I'd prefer to see what manner you choose when NOT having been forcibly held in a manner befitting only the lowliest of humans." Her eyes narrowed as she told him, "I think I'll need to have a word with Lady Duedhal about the poor way my Kin was treated while in Citadel. Part of her duties there are to protect our people from just this kind of persecution."

With a wave of her hand, she dismissed the thought for later. "As for the rest, dear cousin, have no worries. Assassination is not something I prefer to delve this family into. The sensitive tasks I speak of will not require you to kill anyone, though I will warn you that they may be just as difficult. I'd rather not speak in details at the moment, until I have secured your position at Court. There are a few other... difficulties... we face in getting you ensconced in my place at the palace."

Green eyes looked at him without guile. "You have no problems denying half of your heritage, I trust?"
Tickle-fight champion.

Post by Guest »

Loraith was reassured as she placed her hand on his arm. He had not had family love for many yahren, had not see his father, he had slept with two of his half brothers and a half sister when he was young, close together, he felt warm amongst his family so this touch reminded him of pleasant times. As she spoke about his tousled state he nodded, "I think I shall need a wash and a fresh dhoti to change into." He smiled, "I was hoping I might send some letters back to the Citadel, I have intrests I wish to persue and I thought I might write her a letter as well as Lord Anghril." He smiled at her, and gently filled up her glass again. Let her tongue loosen slightly, just to see what would happen.

"Well while you are away cousin I presume I shall be the most senior member of the family here, while I dont propose to change anything, would I be allowed to use the facilities, carriages, have some guards accompany me around, take a horse, armour and sword from the armour and stables?" He thought it was likely he could, she seemed to nice to begrudge her cousin the trappings of nobility and sustained arrogance.

Then she asked him to pretend not to be half, and while he had no mental problems denying it he wonder how they could convince people he was physically different. But she would sort that out he presumed, so with great hesitancy he put his hand over hers on his arm and looked at her nervously, softly he said, "I would deny the stars hung in the sky if you asked my to." He glanced down and then quickly up at her again, his hand softly squeezed hers. "Know that, from this point in time I am your greatest servant." He let a smile creep to his lips, a happy and perhaps slightly secretive smile.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

OOC: Seems I will be taking over from now on. I'll try to be gentle. And Sevti-like. :D

Rilana smiled back and issued forth a slight chuckle. Her hand remained locked by his for a flicker more and then she extricated it gently. There was no hidden meaning in that move, or at least none Loraith could see. She merely removed her hand and leaned back in her chair. "It is good to hear that, dear cousin, but you won't have to go so far as to claim there are no stars. You might not even have to lie at all. The task I have for you is merely delicate and will require, ah, a certain amount of diplomatic talent. But, let us not rush things. We shall talk of this in due time."

The lady took another sip of the wine and then her voice took a slightly more formal tone. "Unfortunately, your other requests will not be fulfilled. For you see, my household is already moved and only a skeleton staff remains. It saddens me to say so, but humans have grown bold of late so I can't spare any guards. You are free to use the mansion for lodgings and I am sure I can arrange for a new sword and armor to be found. And I think I can spare a servant. Young Alyn should do. He can take care of the house and cooking. I'll leave some money with him before I leave and you can see about getting yourself a new equipment."

With that she drained her glass and rose. "Now, if you shall excuse me cousin, I have a few more duties to attend to before nightfall. I have instructed the servants to prepare a room for you and take care of your needs. New dhoti will be laid for you." She paused for a flicker in thought and then seemed to remember something. "You mentioned letters you need to write, am I not correct? Just tell the servants to get you the things you need and they will comply. Good bye, cousin. I'll make the arrangements and send for you when all is ready." A servant emerged from the door and bowed remaining bent as he awaited to escort Loraith to his quarters.
FORTH they went, the troubled two
To see the world and kick ass too!
[b]Syrawenn and Gavin Saga, Verse 1-2[/b]

Post by Guest »

"Well I shall have to make do, it shall be far better than any ;pdgings I have ever inhabited thusfar that is for sure." He smiled, "I shall see you before you go I hope, feel free to wake me in the morning if it is necessary." He smiled and gave a little wave of the hand and called out to her, "And worry not for the Citadel, I shall untangle my loose ends there." He stood up himself after drinking the last of his wine and walked over to the servant.

"If you would take me to my rooms and then summon Alyn for me with writing equipment, I need him to write down my letters. Oh and perhaps some more wine and some cheese, if you like just fetch that which the Lady and myself have been eating." He smiled at the fellow and waited to be led to his chambers. He had a number of letters to write to further his plans in the Citadel.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

"Oh, dear cousin, we shall meet before that. I leave this eveningtide. I shall send for you after you have had a little time to rest and relax. And then we shall discuss your mission. Ertan, escort my cousin to his quarters and see that he has every comfort he needs. Once you are done, come back here. I have other uses for you." And she strode of into the house, leaving Loraith alone with the servant.

It was an aged human, with graying hair and a slight bald pate on top of his head. Clan shaven, and with an eagle beak of a nose, thin lips and clear gray eyes, his face was an expressionless mask. Thin and wiry, he looked almost feeble, especially with his slightly sunk cheeks. His back was straight even as he bowed, almost like he swallowed a stick. Without a word, the man listened to Loraith and, just nodded. "Follow me, master." And then they were off.

The room that was assigned to the noble achadhiel was not overly large, but one that would serve. The furnishing was fairly simple, albeit luxurious one. A pair of closets, a canopied bed and a writing table, along with a few cushioned chairs. It was ever so slightly musty, clearly indicating it was not often used. But, the bed seemed very comfortable. Ertan, motioned for Loraith to enter and then did a quick tour of the room. "We have placed several dhoti in the wardrobe and a set of boots for you, master. The bath will be ready shortly. If you would be so kind to tell me what do you want us to do with your clothing? Shall we clean them, or just throw them away. Mistress instructed me to follow your instructions in that. I shall have the food sent and Alyn will be along shortly. will that be all, master?"

He waited for Loraith to dismiss him before departing. And just as he said, a pair of servants arrived within a couple of burns bearing a bathing tub, without a word they left and returned soon, each bearing a pair of buckets filled with hot water. They poured those in the tub and made another round, only this time, the water buckets contained was cold. These they left and departed. Soon, after that a young boy came in. He could not have been more than fifteen yahren old. A mop of curly blond hair adorned his head and he had full rosy cheeks and a boyish blue eyes. He seemed a bit lost and probably a bit scared as he entered. His dhoti was also green, as were the dhoti of the two man who brought the tub in. The boy stood at the door expectantly holding a few sheets of paper and writing equipment in his ink stained hands.

As he stood there a door opened and forced him to move out of the way. A rather plain looking girl entered carrying a tray with cheese, bread, some fruits and a bottle of wine. Without a word she placed those on the table and left. The boy waited till she was out until he spoke. "Master. I am Alyn. Ertan told me to come here. I understand I am to assist you in an errand. He said something about some letters?"

Post by Guest »

Loraith was pretty happy with his room, certainly nicer than anywhere else he had stayed. He was admiring it as the servant spoke to him, "Oh you may take the clothes and throw them away, I shall wear Dhoti from now on I think. Ah but leave my pack and my scabbard, only take the clothes themselves." He smiled and pursed his lips, "You are dismissed."

As soon as the bath was ready Loraith peeled off his clothes and placed them by the door, and with that he stepped into the bath and a feeling of great releif washed over him. When one has not bathed for days it is a great releif to feel the water caress your skin and cleanse you. So Loraith ducked his head under water and upon raising it merely lay contented and considere dhow lucky he had been in being born in his position in the Kislovan hierachy.

The boy and the girl then entered and once that girl had left he spoke. "Ah yes you must be Alyn, I am told you are to be my manservant, you may refer to me as Lord Kasvenir or My Lord until I specify otherwise. And put that tray on the bed, pass me a glass of wine and some cheese." Once Loraith had his wine and had consumed the cheese rather hungrily he began. "Very well seat yourself at the table we have three letters to write, the first should be written in Adhiel and should read."

Dear Lady Miera Duedheal, know that Lord Loraith Kasvenir is alive and well in his family estates in Kislovan, my cousin Lady Rilana was not pleased I was subjected to human punishments for a time but I have sated her anger. Please accept my apology since I failed my mission, I hope you shall not hold this against me and hope that we may meet at some point in the future. I would welcome a reply to assertain your thoughts on me at present as I am most worried they may be less than friendly.

He smiled "Sign it Lord Loraith Kasvenir if you will Alyn, the second letter shall also be written in Adhiel and shall be adressed to, Lord Anghiril. Attach it with the other letter, I wish them both to be sent to Lady Meira and I am sure she shall pass this letter along, kindly write.

"Lord Anghiril, know that your servant Lord Loraith Kasvenir writes. Having been captured by the humans in perusit of Suli D'War I managed to negotiate my way back to my family holdings in Kislovan, I hope you shall not hold my falure against me as I am sure we could still help each other immensely. A Paladin named Sir Hagen has pushed for my exile, I would be appreciative if you could do your best to counter this move as well as contuing to procure me the house we spoke of in the Patricians ring. In return I shall remain your servant and while I shall be persuing my knighthood here I hope you shall write to me and instruct me as to your wishes. I wish for someone to direct me in the ways of the proper Kislovani knight. I hope you shall allow me to act as your servant in this and other matters."

"Once more sign it Lord Loraith Kasvenir Alyn, and finally a letter written to Lord Andolin Azarin Major Domus of the Seven Isles and this shall be sent to the Citadel proper. And it shall read."

"Lord Andolin Azarin, I am Lord Loraith kasvenir of Kislovan, I sent you a letter a few days ago but regrettably business has called me back to Kislovan and I shall be unable to meet with you. Allow me to extend an inviation for you to visit me in Kislovan at my family holdings in the capitol. I hope you shall reply to this letter as I would like to begin a correspondance, for while I am unable to join your Imperial guard I hope we shall meet when I am next in the Citadel, I am sure we have some common goals."

"Once more sign that Lord Loraith Kasvenir, and that is all Alyn, I should like you to seal those letters, find one of our family seals somewhere, and then give them to the proper sources to send them, you are dismissed." He smiled and began to wash himself thoroughly after drinking the glass of wine fully. Then he would get up and dress and wait for Rilana to summon him.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

"Yes, Lord Kasvenir." That sentence was all Alyn said to Loraith as he followed the achadhiel's instructions. The boy seemed to be quite obedient and timid. He never looked into his new master's eyes and only spoke when addressed. One might say a perfect servant. His quill scribbled with uncanny speed and as each letter was finished the boy held it up and blew gently at the paper to let the ink dry. And another "Yes, lord Kasvenir." followed a new set of orders. The boy rose, bowed and left without another word, letters safely tucked under his arm.

It was some time before the servants came and carried the tub out, again without a word. And Loraith was left to wait for a good couple of marks before he was summoned. In the meantime he could hear the servants rushing and calling to each other out. Judging from their talk, the final preparations for the household transfer were underway. It was the unusual silence that got Loraith's attention. It had gone on for a few burns and just as he noticed it there was a knock at the door. Ertan entered after a respectable wait and bowed. "Mistress Rilana, demands your presence. If you would follow me." The man waited for Loraith to get ready and then led him through the house and into a waiting room in the far side of the house.

Rilana was already there when he arrived, sitting in a comfortable chair, sipping wine. But, she was also ready to depart, dressed in a western fashion, with pants, a leather shirt and high riding boots. Alyn was at her side, sitting with his head cast down. She was reviewing some papers, when Loraith entered. At the sound of footsteps she raised her gaze, set down the papers and smiled briefly. "Ah, cousin. You are here. Good, good. Ertan, leave us." She waited until the silent man was out before she proceeded. "I trust accommodations are to your liking? And that young Alyn here is performing well? He is such a good boy. I think he will one day replace Ertan."

Post by Guest »

Loraith happily followed to meet Lady Rilana again, he gave another bow as he saw here and stood before her. "Alyn was a very good servant." He smiled and nodded at the boy, "But come cousin I do not think you called me here to discuss the good nature of the servants. I feel we need to discuss business so you can depart and I can commence with your orders." He smiled and waited enjoying standing in a Kislovani enclave wearing proper dress. It made him feel even more like he belonged.

Return to “Kislovan Archive”