The Battle of Islay (Samheen 27th )

Moderators: Vanadius, Mods

Post by Guest »

Enzirou marched back to the burnt down tent and picked up his bow. He then began to fire imaginary shots into the distance. He’d had enough of hearing the Count and the rest of the group discuss killing Ymir. The achadhiel continued to fire his imaginary arrows into imaginary enemies. This practice was a chance for him to escape all the surprises and shocks of the day. “I wonder if the rest of the group will kill Ymir without a second thought”. His face contorted in anger as his drew the bow next to his face and fired imaginary shots. He drew the bow up next to his face, straightened out his shoulders and front arm, and then fired. He looked into the distance and then dropped his bow next to his belongings. Enzirou sat down and drew his hood over his face. The warrior closed his eyes and fell into a slumber.

Post by Guest »

Vale eyed the people around him and seeing the Enzirou leave puzzled him a bit. He knew not much about the whole Ymir background nor cared that much. He just started to enjoy the picking up of additional food as he had quickly finished his small initial meal. The circus lad had little teachings of courteous behaviour; more suited too simple urban life.

“Yea, Ymir been killing a lot of our folk, they got kids, and he needs to be punished!”

Without further notice the lad continued concentration on his meal. Why would he actually care for gung-ho talk and other nonsense? Tomorrow they would look what was going to happen, big chances be that they never would find a simple trail of Ymir… A good filled belly would make him sleep well at night and there better be more guards this time.

Tin however felt not so relaxed about the whole event… She didn’t toast and preferred just to stay quiet and eat. If anyone wanted to know her opinion she would talk too them at later date. An unsettling feeling crept over her spine… she had known Ymir had some vague relation too native people…

Most of the ‘original’ inhabitants of Dort had ties too clan history. Some had abandoned clan life ages ago rather allying with the strong side of the nobility and reap the riches. The remaining clans fought in her vision for some form of independence, something they wanted ever since the first count arrived. They could then war among themselves like in aeons before and well what was that good for? The entire situation looked hopeless to her, as usually men where never going to stop warring even after the final liberating fight.

As she sat there Phil brought it up, something that was curious indeed. An other few had went missing as well with Ymir… more traitors? Again she knew that if Ymir did not want to be found her semi-apprentice skills would be very little to oppose this.

“Four or five others…” she mumbled to herself.

It sounded like the ranks had been filled with infiltrators and maybe there were more? Where they going to have to deal with these as well or were they also gone? Tin placed her arm into the band of cloth, to rest the arm after preparing her meal. She’d figure out what to do another day, now she just ate her supper. The maiden needed a couple days to get better and decided to stick to healing first. If nothing would happen after the meal, she’d have an early sleep and bright and early awakening tomorrow.
Doran
Civus

Post by Doran »

Doran looked at Craigh and swallowed his mouthful of food.

"I have no problem with taking Ymir's head and if the others do I would journey on by myself if need be. He left us all for dead and probably came closer than most us would like to admit it to accomplishing it. I like the names of the traitors so when I meet up with them there heads can join Ymir's. I did not know Ymir and do not have any sympathy for traitors."

Doran did not care what the others thought of his little speech and did not really care. He didn't understand why they were not calling for Ymir's head as he was. Well Vale was Doran smiled at that at least he thought I won't be alone tomorrow morning when I leave.

Doran turned to Vale and spoke to him " I'ay I think you need some better armor as well my friend. If you like I would make you something better suited to you. At least when or if I ever get the chance to."

At that Doran raised his glass to Vale and drank ,then fixed him another plateful food.
Vanadius
Moderator & Coordinator Terra West

Post by Vanadius »

Craigh gave them a flat look and drank the last from his cup.

"The others are likely dead. Most of Ymir's associates are lying dead in the healer's tents. They probably bought his escape with their lives. Undoubtedly there are others, still watching, still waiting. But as of now we know very little about who they are."

Craigh nodded towards Phillinie.

"Aye lad, he is a good scout. We are going to need to use whatever skills he passed along against him. He's likely gone up into the mountains, back to his holy places and his people. It's going to take some hard travelling to get up there and find him. We'll have to be at our best."

He looked at all of them appraisingly.

"Now, we've all had quite a day, I suggest we all get some rest and come at this fresh in the morning. Sleep well gents."

Craigh stood and stretched his back. He nodded his farewell and walked out of the tent, leaving the remaining erstwhile companions to talk amongst themselves.
Doran
Civus

Post by Doran »

Doran watched Craigh leave and turned to his remaining companions.

"Well I guess we have our orders. I assume they will outfit us in morning? Hope they give us some horses to ride it will make journey go quicker. Any of you good at tracking for I am not?"

Doran was very excited at thought leaving on this quest in morning. He could hardly keep his excitement contained. He kept going over what he and his companions needed outfit themselves for there journey.

If I can I would like pick up shield and sword before we leave, but if we can't my axe will do just fine. Of course this all depends on if we can get some horses." He said all this out loud to no one particular.

"Hey Vale when we finish this quest there might even be bonuses for us maybe?
Of course there is the honor of taking care of this traitor and that is payment enough I think, but little extra coinage wouldn't hurt none."

Doran finally finished his third plate of food and fifth glass of wine stood up " well lads and lady I think I will find place to sleep and rest .Its been a long day." He then bowed to his companions and left the tent.

After few moments he found his tent and Enzirou asleep already. He rolled out his bedroll and was asleep in within a moment snoring loudly.

Post by Guest »

Vale munched as much food he could muster as he was going to have his fill. Looking at Doran he himself also had a good feel of glory and teaching Ymir a lesson. Vale had always been a hyper youth eager for fame still he preferred being in a team to do it.

“I know how to ride a horse a bit did that in the circus so that’s okay. Tracking well I’m rather inept so maybe someone else is better? Else we will have to wing it as we be getting good pay and a good ranking as well for this venture.”

Walking off with Doran towards the sleeping tent he made little effort of talking. During the day the burnt tent was replaced with another one so they would be out of the wind. The cold Islay gale was strong and would easily blow through regular cloth. Vale took it at heart to sleep well and rise early.

Tin stayed longer at the feast as she had already slept the entire day. The young lady remained on the background of things disliking the entire scene. She had a place away from her comrades being she would need treatment tomorrow for sure. Sevti’ilan had offered his tent for her to use and she felt him a respectable personality. A women sleeping with men was bound to get people’s eyes to rise. She hoped to be back in action as quick as possible most likely however it was going to take few extra days.

She doubted the others had the patience to wait for her recovery; she was likely going to be left at camp during their trip. Left behind while the other were going to shed the blood of Ymir. Believed to be one of the noblest of men, he now was called a scheming turncoat out of for blood.
Phillinie

Post by Phillinie »

Phillinie watched as his squad members made their last remarks and were off to rest. Soon the crowd had thinned out. Phill looked over to Tin and could see the consternation on her face. Knowing it would could be a long scouting trip, phill began to look through the remaining food stuffs for things that would pack easily and keep. Chances are there would not be much time for reprovisioning, and the selection given the regular troops was not of this quality. He picked up his glass and took a drink while doing this.

"I can see the concern on your face, Tin" he began. "I have known Ymir for much less time than you I am sure. I'm new to this island and to this conflict. Looks to me that skirmishes have been going on for some time between the clans and this lot. I have no idea who is in the right or not, but if treachery was done, then treachery should be punished. If you know of any specific information that will help us on this task then please let me know."

It was unlikely that Tin would accompany the squad on their mission because of her wound. Her experience would be sorely missed and Phil was trying to get any information out of her that may be helpful.

Post by Guest »

Tin made an attempt in staying calm a hard thing for any warm-blooded woman from Dort. She wanted to speak out telling them that it had to be a lie, calling them they were mistaken. However she could not as the betrayal had been overly clear. Since early days clansmen had even assisted the Dort regiment and Ymir had years of loyal service. She gentle bit her lip a sweet sight if it was not filled with an undertone of dismay.

“You are right I known Ymir since spring, he taught me many things more then just fighting. I was as green as grass when I first arrived, not able to use a simple club and almost ignorant to the art of survival. He was the one who inspired me that I could cut through into men’s world… Then he…”

She refused to let herself cry, even though her voice was trembling. It was the end for Tin right now and she decided to stand up to be excused. She was the ideal sense of a perfect lady still her manners were enough to make a well-behaved guest at the count’s table.

“I have to get some fresh air please everyone may the mother protect you. All my comrades have gone to shut their eyes and we all need a good night rest.”

Tin looked briefly at Phil in attempt of beckoning him outside where the air was more pure. Her arm rested gently in the wrap as she took point out of the tent. The flaps of battle dress softly waving in the wind as wrapped her cloak around herself. Things would be more clearer in the wind, it was where the heart of Dort sprang forth.
Phillinie

Post by Phillinie »

Phill watched as Tin left the tent aware of the pain in her eyes. She might need a moment or two alone, he thought to himself. He picked up the last of his "marching stores" wrapping them in a cloth found nearby. He looked around briefly making sure that his companions had not inavertantly left anything behind. The tracking would begin in the morning and there would be no time to come back and pick up anything left behind.

Phill wrapped his cloak around him as he stepped outside against the now chilly autumn air. The wind blowing the tent flaps was blowing cold in this higher elevation. He could see by the dim light cast on the encampment, the trees loosing their leaves and some almost fully bare. This was the time where things began to die with promise of rebirth in the Spring. This with the specter of death hanging over the camp made to chill wind penetrate even deeper.

He walked passed Tin, respecting her privacy and headed for his tent. He planned to pack up his things this evening before turning in, just in case they had to move early. His knives he would keep close at hand tonight. Lightning may not strike twice in the same place but the same may not hold true for treachery.

Post by Guest »

“Sleep well little Phillinie, still think careful of what you venture into with… Ymir.”

It was all she could tell him, as how could a beginner with just a few lessons of Ymir most possible beat the master. She herself had learned more then him and she even doubted her abilities. In Tin’s vision it would be best to wait a few days to let Ymir get at ease. Following him then would be more possible; alas the count showed impatience. An echo entered her mind “Impatience” It was a dead man’s calling, a thing she heard her father say quite often. A very wise man he knew that some things could not be rushed… Truly not when ones life was in the balance, dying was easy living was hard he would say.

She made her way towards her own resting tent; a lady should not sleep with men. It would give the wrong idea to the army around them. So she went and met up with the Adhiel healer, who was likely was taking it easy after a day’s hard work. Perhaps he had some answer as well about ymir, she knew he most likely patched him up on more then one occasion. She also had to thank him for his hospitality again and saving her life…

~~~

The camp was quiet, besides soft murmurs between guarding men. There were more sentries now and more experienced ones at that. When Phil went to his tent he saw a stout lad in chain mail holding a long spear near the tents he would sleep. Two others both accompanied him wearing chain as well and armed with spear, axe, and long swords.

A small tap to the helmet suggested a greeting but their looks were rather stale. Their suits bore tell tale signs of battle and one had a stitched scar upon his cheek. They would keep the night safe; well at least half of it then another group of men would take over. When entering his tent he could see fourth men sitting perhaps a two yards away on a wooden block.

“Sleep safe prickling ear, I am watching ye hide and that of ye friends. No worries…”

Dressed in a leathers and scale he made a ragged look suggesting his was scout like Phill wanted to be. His grizzle smirk on his cheeks suggested he was experienced and capable. He was using a broad knife to cut something from wood. A bow was lying in hand’s reach and a long sword tied to his back. Phil and the rest would be in good hands for the night; the rebels would not be able to ambush the camp a second time… would they?
Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

OOC: This thread has now been split.

Please continue here:

https://tazlure.nl/board/viewtopic.php?t=12125
Last edited by Vanadius on Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

OOC: Check your sheets boyos! This thread has been skilled to this point!

Return to “Dort Archive”