A new day and a new darkness begin Sam26th MT(Alantha)

Moderators: Syra, Mods

Alantha Darkstar

Post by Alantha Darkstar »

Silently, Alantha marvelled at the sense of power washing from the Master Shaper. The image that flashed through her mind sent a jolt of exhiliration through her body. Here was someone the dark daughter knew how to respect, much in the same way that she felt for the Old Priestess. The young woman felt honoured to have someone such as she drink from her hand, yet despite all this, Alantha's face remained an expressionless mask of indifference. Her eyes though told an entirely different story.

As moved from the Shaper, stepped to edge of the pond.

Somewhat taken aback, only momentarily, as the Priestess removed her robes and stepped into the pond to stand before the tree. Unsure if she were to do the same, Alantha regarded the tree for but a heartbeat before slipping a hand under her robes and removing them delicately. Soon she stood as naked as the Old One, smooth, unblemished pale silvery white skin, her dark hair cascading over graceful shoulders. Her hips were full and her breasts taut, she stepped into the water and waded to meet the Priestess.

" I am ready, Wise One. I live to serve the Crone. "

Violet eyes danced with the radiance of the stars and moon under which she had sat so many nights, staring up to. Shadows swirled in her mind, comforting any unease that might dare to interupt this most glorious moment in Alantha Darkstars' memory.
Scheherazade
Civus

Post by Scheherazade »

Alantha felt a jolt of timeless power as her toes first touched the black pond, a vision of utter blackness swirled within her mind, feeling herself zoomed into the stars, those millions of stars, suns, nebulae and planets circling and turning endlessly, relentlessly within some unknown rule, as if the whole cosmos was within grasps reach.

"The Mother is both inside and outside of time." Ara'Fhazia's imperious yet trembling words intruded upon the young acolyte's vision as Alantha found herself standing before the Old Priestess, naked as the day she was born. "She is the Cycle of Seasons, from the birth of a flower, into its dying and re-birthing again of another flower. She is the cycle of life and death and life again." From the Ancient, twisted, leafless tree, small green glowing whisps came flittering and enveloped the two ladies.

"Come, you must present yourself to the Ancient Mother and She must hear your plea first before She embraces you." With trembling hand, the Old Priestess took Alantha's right hand with her left and led hear before the Twisted Holy Tree, and with joined hands, Ara'Fhazia touched the very Tree itself.

Silence blanketed them like a benediction for more than a flicker, The Sacred Tree gleaming with its silvery glow and the green whisps flittering aorund them and slowly, the Old Priestess lifted her right hand towards the ceiling, opening herself, seeing the essence of the Ancient Mother around her -- like falling, white snowflakes, swirling and swaying around her vision.

"WE HAVE COME, ANCIENT BEINGS!" Ara'Fhazia declaired, her voice echoing around the vast chamber. "BEHOLD US, ANCIENT ONES, I OFFER ANOTHER SHE WHO WILL REMEMBER INTO YOUR KEEPING, HEAR US!"

Suddenly, there was a wind from within that chamber, a slight wind, carresing the skin of Alantha, almost like the Breathe of the Wind Old Woman from the East and with that soft breeze were ethereal voices of the earth, wind and sky, singing...

"*Ay... Ay... Ay... Ya...
Ay... Ay... Ay... Ya...

Que que na-to-ra
You will understand...

Listen with your heart
You will understand...
Let it break upon you
Like a wave upon the sand...
Listen with your heart
You will understand...

You will understaaaaand.
"

ooc: * Grandmother Willow Song from the Disney, Pocahontas.
Last edited by Scheherazade on Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WILL WORK FOR FASHION!
Supporting Taz's Fashion Style since 1224 AD

"A wolf in sheep's clothing is wearing 100% wool!"
Post Rate: Slow
Alantha Darkstar

The achadhiel priestess caught her breath as she felt the first contact with the vastness that was the power of the Mother. No longer did she hide behind her facade of cold indifference, before the Ancient Mother, she was humbled in a way no mortal had ever made her feel. Lips slightly apart, her midnight violet eyes filled with wonder and awe, hair sweapt back over her shoulders so the Mother could see her face fully, though She had no need to look into her Child's face to see what was in her soul and heart and mind.

As Ara'Fhazia spoke, her voice rumbling through the Old Crone's sanctuary, Alantha could only wait in suspense, not knowing what to expect. The young priestess repressed the desire to shake, both in excitement and in fear. The power overwhelmed her, never had she stood in the presence of such an ancient force and actually felt it. Every nerve tingled, every hair on her body stood on end.

As the words on the wind reached her, Alantha could feel tears whelling in her eyes, something that happened so rarely that the achadhiel could hardly remember the last time it occured. She dared no touch the Tree itself, not wanting to encur any wrath. The Mother had not accepted her fully into the Faith, until then she was uncertain as to what she could and could not do. " My plea.... my desire.... Ancient Ones. I live to serve the Mother, the Mother Crone whose light reaches into the shadows of the world, whose power lies in Life and in Death, the never ending cycle of existence. In Her glory I wish to bask, my knowledge is Hers, my skills are Hers, to do with as She would seem fit. The darkness that seeks to consume Taquar.... ", her dark eyes flicked to the Master Shaper, " .....I seek the power that will help me turn it back, to aid all the Mothers' Children. With winters coldness I will sweep aside Her enemies. I ask only for the oppourtunity to prove myself, to strive to be worthy of Her words, Her touch and Her strength. I will be as a Mortal Sword for the Mother. "

Her delicate arms rose to either side, not coming further than shoulder height. " Your judgement I await, Mother. ", tears freely ran down her cheeks now, no longer afraid to show her emotion to the one being her life was to serve.
Scheherazade
Civus

Post by Scheherazade »

Soft, cold breeze swept the vast chamber laced with a faint scent of icy winter as Alantha's voice echoed. The small, green whisps flittered around, basking the young acolyte's skin with a tinge of green and cold silence blanketed the air, long flickers of dead silence.

Ancient Ara'Fhazia angled her old head, as if listening to something she alone could hear and then, she disentangled her frail hand from Alantha and kneeling, she cupped her hands with the black water of the pond and with grace that befits her adhiel race, the old priestess offered the water upon Alantha to drink, the Ancient, twisted Tree behind the old priestess, shining its silvery hues.

"The Ancient Beings hear you, Dark Petal. But before the Old One embraces you, there is a secret you must know, a secret that we of the Faith of the Mother knows, we of those who hold Her essence, a secret that may frighten you... Are you prepared, child? If you are, drink from this hands, this is Her blood and you must open your self, call upon Atara Arda, She who gave birth to Tazlure and from her womb, this pond was created, the blood of Her womb. Open your eyes and see the world as you drink through Her name."

From behind Alantha, two voices soared in a song, blending into a sweet harmony and if she would look back, she would see the green-skinned Half-Nymph Xe'Dane and the Master Shaper, L'essuin in all their naked glories, their arms and heads lifted upon the dome of the chamber, kneeling upon the bank of the pond:

"Ho... Ya! Ho... Ya!
You who dwell in the richness of the Mother's womb,
You who walk in the Father's trail,
You who's light shed upon the darkness of the night,
You who where She Who Remembered before us,
See us here...
See us here...
Ho... Ya! Ho... Ya!"

There is a secret thou must know, a secret thou must keep... A soft whisper hissed upon Alantha's mind, so rich yet menacing as well. But it must be thee who will embrace me. Come if thou must.
[hr][/hr]
ooc: I'll leave it to you Alantha on how you will see the Divine Energies of the Mother. For Ara'Fhazia, the Divine Energies are like snowflakes and for Xe'Dane the half-nymph, falling leaves. I know you'll come up with something.
Last edited by Scheherazade on Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
WILL WORK FOR FASHION!

Alantha Darkstar

Alantha could not speak, her voice caught in her throat.

She merely stared at the hands offering the water to her. What was this fear that nestled in the depths of her heart? What knowledge did the Old Mother have to impart to her that seemed to leave her trembling. No matter what it was though, Alantha wanted to know it, she wanted to embrace the mother and in turn have the Goddess embrace her.

The achadhiel reached forward and took the priestesses hands in her own. She looked up into the Wise Ones eyes, " I am ready.... ", she looked at the water again, ".....to embrace. ", Alantha pulled the hands to her lips and drank the water, she did not guzzle it, but swallowed the water with purpose and determination.

Opening her violet eyes, the world around her caused a gasp to escape from her lips. Stars. They surrounded her, it was as though she knelt alone with in a void of constellations. Amongst the stars, shadows moved with purpose, swirlling like serpents. This was how she saw the power, the realisation brought a small, almost unnoticeable smile. Child like, innocent, seeing the world for the first time.

" Its beautiful..... "
Scheherazade
Civus

Post by Scheherazade »

It was as if the very fabric of Tazlure was created purely out of stars and quasars, as if the celestial body came down upon the very regions of heaven and superimposed upon itself to the very core of the Tetheric World. Darkness encircled Alantha, yet she could clearly see everything around her in multihued facets of those twinkling stars. The black pond upon her feet was compacted of glittering jewels of blood red, minute stars, pulsing like a heart beat as if each red stars were alive and the towering Twisted Tree was a silhouette of stars, like a constellation upon the very dark dome of the night. It was the Sacred Place of Remembering, for in every death, one could see one’s life zooming past one’s vision and that was what Alantha saw, before the Sanctorium of the Old One.

Before the very eyes of Alantha, those violet orbs gazing around her, the constellation of the Twisted Tree started to change and move as an unseen presence came before her. The constellation of the Old Mother suddenly replaced the Twisted Tree, looming and gigantic, staring at the young achadhiel with both compassion and malice, for that was what Nature was, both patient and malignant. The full power of Nature could be clearly felt from that Presence and Alantha stood alone before the constellation of the Old Mother, the darkness and the twinkling stars surrounding her.

“Mine blood is in your blood now, my child.” It was the very same voice that whispered to Alantha a few flickers before, full of power yet menacing, as if the blustery winter was laced within and the voice was coming from the Constellation of the Old Mother. “Thou hast come to learn the secret… Behold!”

It was then that Alantha felt the water of the Black Pond coursing inside her, changing her, and if she would look at herself, she would see that she was made of the very same stars. She felt the power inside her, but something was out of joint for suddenly, intense pain came upon her, pain that could fell a million people, pain that sliced through the very region of time and space. Death would be a sweet repose and Alantha knew that it would not come.

“Behold… That blood that course through thee is the Blood of the Nether.”

Pain. Agony. Torture. Desecration. Pestilence. Wrath. Those were the very fabric of Nether and Alantha could feel those essence inside her, mingling with her own blood with utmost, fierce pain as she heard the chilling words of the Old Mother. That She was once a part of the Nether Herself.

That was the secret.

And Alantha was now part of it.
[hr][/hr]
ooc: I have to pause here now, in order for you to make a reaction post. I was going to continue it, but I have to know what Alantha’s reaction first.
Last edited by Scheherazade on Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WILL WORK FOR FASHION!

Alantha Darkstar

As she started to weep for joy at the sensation of being apart of the Mother Crone..... the pain swept away any thought of serenity she might have felt. It gripped her, ripped into her with a deadening ferocity. She wanted to cry out, but the intensity of what coursed through her stole away her breath, it dried her tears though they desperately wanted to run unchecked down her smooth cheeks. She may have been pale before, but now she was whiter than snow not with the agony.

" Please..... Mother.... ", as the words of the Crone entered her mind, telling the tale of the Nether, opening the eyes of her Dark Daughter to the dreaded reality of Her power and what now slithered through the viens of her young acolyte. The Nether was now in her blood, it was apart of her, apart of the Goddess. Never had she suspected this to be the secret, she thought the secret to be wonderful... not this... perversion.

Or was it a perversion? It was apart of the Mother, it made sense to be apart of death, death was painful sometimes, murder and killing obviously were. Perhaps this was to steel the core of a persons being to give them the strength to kill in the name of what was right, in the name of their Goddess. " Mother... why is this.... the Nether.... ", her entire body trembled as she fought to bring herself under control, to replace the mask of indifference that shielded her from hurt and pain. From this she would not shy away.

This, though indirectly, was what she wanted. To be apart of the Mother, grim and spirit wrenching though it was. She let the pain consume her, she gave herself to it, embraced it, welcomed it.
Scheherazade
Civus

Post by Scheherazade »

"In every birth there is pain." A voice spoke beside Alantha and there was Ara'Fhazia in her full glory, her face eternal, as if time could not touch her, clad in a multitude of white stars, glimmering in the full power of the Old Crone, the Ancient One. "Not only was Tazlure created out of love, but out of pain as well."

"Gaze then, Dark Petal," Ara'Fhazia declared, and pointed with an imperious hand to the Constellation of the Mother before them. "Gaze beyond the stars and you will see, when time was not present, watch into the very essence of abyss, of time before time."

Alantha felt a very fierce wrenching as she found herself zooming through space and time: passed constellations, stars, quasars and suns until she came upon...

Utter Void of Darkness.

Chaos was churning before her, surrounding her, all wreath in fire and destruction, pain and death. The immutable darkness of the abyss of chaos, the very fabric of darkness, the very essence of Nether, in which, all where unchanged without time.

"*Before the dawn of ages,
Before the beginning,
There was no time,
And all was Chaos and Darkness,
And the height of the heaven was not named,
And Tazlure beneath did not yet bear a name,
And no field was formed,
No marsh was to be seen;
When of the gods none had been called into being,
And none bore a name, and no destinies were ordained...
"

Within that void of wreathing eternal fire of darkness, as it churned and stirred, the dark achadhiel saw entities, spirits that bore no name, ancient spirits full of perpetual wrath and malcontent. And then and there, from within that stirring, empty voidness, a vast light exploded and sliced through the very darkness of Chaos and Alantha felt it more than saw it. Two ancient entities separated from that empty chaos and joined together in a pure blinding and clashing light that shocked the very core of darkness.

"Then from that Churning Chaos
Were the gods awoke in the midst of heaven,
Father Heaven and Mother Earth were called into being,
And with their awakening,
Time itself began.
And the Father Heaven and Mother Earth,
Looked out upon the Chaos and Darkness,
And a great yearning filled their hearts.
In their yearning, they made love.
And in that joining,
All things were made,
And this making brought encroaching light,
A light into the emptiness Chaos and Darkness of the Nether.
"

*Excerpted from the book of,
The Comparative Mythology of Tazlure,
Library of Runya.

[hr][/hr]
ooc: Have to pause here, Alantha for your reaction. Hope you're liking the story.
Last edited by Scheherazade on Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
WILL WORK FOR FASHION!

Alantha Darkstar

OOC: Loving the story :wink:

The dark haired achadhiel could do little else but stare in stark terror and abject awe as she bofre witness to what was the beginning of Tazlure, of the Gods and of Order. Somewhere within she realised the truth of the Old Priestesses words. Childbirth was a painful experience, yet it produced a gift more magical than anything else on the world, a new life, the most simplest yet most beautfiul form of creation. Alantha, however, saw the beauty in Death. In the ending of things. In that respect she completed the cycle in her mind beauty in life, beauty in death. Forever.

Father Heaven and Mother Earth.

Feeling them, seeing them, the Dark Daughter of the Mother Crone caught her breath, fearful to breath least she disrupt Creation. A silly thought, for this had already occured. Alantha wanted to look to Ara'Fhazia, yet her eyes would not do as her mind instructed, too much in awe.

The Chaos that had existed before creation, the Nether, it now howled in her blood, in her soul, screams ecohing through her mind, both her own and not. Why was she given this power? Was this the balance? Both life and death. To be apart of both but never to belong. She lived for now, but in the end she too would succumb to death, herself completing the cycle.

" So beautiful.... ", once again she found her cheeks wet, no amount of will power could hold back the tears that tumbled unchecked from her eyes.
Scheherazade
Civus

Post by Scheherazade »

Know full well, Dark Daughter, that we were once Creatures of the Nether. A voice throbbing with primal force swept inside Alantha and before her, as the intense light exploded throughout the space, consuming the darkness that surround her, the explosion of light and order crashed upon itself, swooshing into the very core of that Churning Darkness. But the Light changed us, Ancient Beings, altered us, for we see things without the darkness, yet still, there still remained the chaos within us, chaos that few of my children could see.

But the Nether was made sore wroth,
For the Light caused it much pain,
An enchroachment upon its dark and chaos domain.
An eternal enmity was born into its essence,
And then and there,
It contemplated vengeance,
Vengeance and havoc against its kinsmen,
Against its renegade brother and sister who created the light.
With a vast groan, it retreated upon its cold domain,
Its cold throne in the echoless darkness of void and chasm,
And started consuming Light and Order,
To bring back the Chaos and Darkness,
The Nether that was once eternal.
And thus, eternal war came upon the Light and the Dark,
For the Light wanted progression,
And the Dark wanted stagnation,
And the Two domains made war,
In the Cosmos of the Tether,
The Nether Chaos against the Aether Light.

Young stars, suns and constellations started to form within that darkness after the explosion and implotion of the Light. Yet there remained, upon the center of that creation, a single dark chasm of void, still churning and turning, devouring the stars and light upon its black maw.

Cans't thou see, Dark Daughter?

If Alantha would peer closer, she would see that every star, every fiber of the cosmos were made of minute stars, yet within those minute stars were a black space, a dark dot upon its center.

Each creation holds a tiny hint of Nether, and it is through that Nether that thou can percieve me. It will only take a sacrifice and my name to touch it...

A sacrifice of the Nether blood. For the Nether calls upon Nether.

And then, Alantha was before the looming constellation of the Mother now, back to the darkness of the present, small dots of void within each stars that formed Her, the Mother's Nether taint so recognizable by Alantha's violet eyes.

"You have seen the past," It was Ara'Fhazia's voice once more, standing upon Alantha's right, still clad in multitude of stars, and the Dark Acolyte could percieve those minute holes within the Old Priestess as well. "Now see the present..."

"The Tree of Life is dying..." Came Xe'Dane's wrenching sob as the half-nymph moved forward from the bank of the pond. Alantha could see that she was clad in multitude of green stars, yet there were fading, those minute, dark holes devouring each light slowly.

She saw herself in Taloh, before another Ancient Iron Tree, what was once magnificent was now twisted and altered. Alantha knew it was the Great Temple Tree of Atara Arda, the first tree ever planted, it was supposed to be covered with a multitude of pleasant stars, but all Alantha could see was that it was covered with red stars, stars that depicted as blood... Dark Blood. And within that Tree, she saw a man, in pain, his blood feeding the Tree, twisting it.

A necromancer.

"T'aquar burns..." Another voice wailed, it was L'essuin and Alantha could feel the very essence of T'aquar within the Master Shaper, the very soul and entity of Tel Arranae Quessir. The Adhiel was wreathe in constellations and myriad of stars but she too was fading fast, as if the very power which she bore was consuming her, wreathing her in a pure agony of fire and destruction. "My land is burning..." The Master Shaper wailed once more, tearing her hair out.

And Alantha could indeed see that the Forest of T'aquar was indeed burning as an army of the One Dove swarmed through the burning forest towards the empty Taloh, the very seat of Nether Corruption.
Last edited by Scheherazade on Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
WILL WORK FOR FASHION!

Alantha Darkstar

Rage.

It rampaged in her.

Fear.

It consumed her.

Darkness.

It was now a part of her.

And she embraced them all, welcoming them in to her heart and soul.

The sight of Taquar burning also burned into her mind. Always one to appear dispassionate, she now had to suppress tears of loss and sadness watching the forests blacken and twist as the fire engulfed the trees. She didn't have to be a Master Shaper to imagine the pain, it struck her also, though perhaps not as physically. " Mother..... I can see.... ", she answered the previous quetion. " I must sacrifice blood to call your power? ", she considered the matter, " But of course. Anything in your name Mother Crone.

The Dark Daughter wanted the grab hold of that power and use it as a scythe to cut though the ranks of the One's Army, their blood would feed the earth and renew the trees they burn. Winters harshest cold swallowed her heart towards these humans, these followers of the One God.

" Mother. What can I do to help stop this? Please....I must.... ", she glanced to the other three figures standing about her, despite being naked, she felt wrapped in power, " I must do something. I have little to offer to stop this horde, but whatever I can do... "
Scheherazade
Civus

Post by Scheherazade »

"What is there to do?" Ara'Fhazia's voice broke the silence that impeded the room. She glanced at the two other figures surrounding Alantha and gazed reverently at the Twisted Tree before them and as if something passed between the three of them: between L'essuin, Xe'Dane and Ara'Fhazia, they all nodded simultaneously.

"The Great Tree is lost, my Dark Sister." It was Xe'Dane's voice choking with profound pain, answering Alantha's question. "The damage of the twisted shaper Rhimmuld and the necromancer Borne were too great to bring the Tree back to the balance of the Mother. I too shall die, for that Tree is the essence of my Life. That Tree is the essence of Life of the Season. Yet, there might still be hope... For in every season, there is death... and there is re-birth and there are still people and heroes who remained true to the promise of T'aquar."

Alantha stood alone in the emptiness and destruction of Taloh. Everything was burned, there was no sign of life around her. In the center was the Tree of Life and it was ravished: by blood, by fire and by the Nether. Then, there were multitudes voices shouting around her, crying with pain, crying with war and suddenly, the Dark Acolyte saw a young God in a horse, glimmering with pure white light and he brought change to T'aquar, change and blood and behind the God, zealots came rushing in, through Taloh, their mouths opened with fanaticism, shouting fiercely, and swamped the forest of T'aquar like a plague of locusts, moving slowly to towards the sanctuary of Kes'Levy.

"T'aquar is lost, young Priestess." It was L'essuin's voice filled with eternal loss and grief. "And I am its essence. Inside me is the last spirit of Tel Arranae Quessir and it is fading... I am fading until only a memory of T'aquar will linger..."

A loud gasp came from the ancient lips of the Anciet Crone and her naked form turned to regard the door. "She comes..." Ara'Fhazia spat out with venom. "The Laliel Salieu of the Fertile Mother comes..."

"She has come to take the essence of T'aquar!" L'essuin gasped out loud as well, her face graying with profound terror. Slowly, the naked Master Shaper crept backward, almost hiding behind Alantha.

"You must protect Master Shaper L'essuin at all cost, Young Petal." Ara'Fhazia murmured, her voice full of dread as the double door of the Sanctorium slowly opened to reveal the Avatar of Atara Arda, gleaming fully with the essence of the Mother.

Silence blanketed the room as Xe'Dane and Ara'Fhazia stepped forward, blocking Alantha and L'essuin from Laliel Salieu, the three Avatars of the season before the young achadhiel.

Xe'Dane, Avatar of the Wanton Mother of Life and Spring.

Laliel Salieu, Avatar of the Fertile Mother of Maturity and Summer.

Ara'Fhazia, Avatar of the Old Crone of Death and Winter.

The Cycle of Nature.

"Why have you come, Fertile Mother?" The Avatar of the Old Crone demanded to the Avatar of the Fertile Mother.

"You have what is mine." The Avatar of the Fertile Mother declared simply.

"It does not belong to you." The Avatar of the Wanton Mother answered indifferently. "It belongs to the rightful queen of T'aquar."

"I am the Queen of T'aquar now." The Avatar of the Fertile Mother replied evenly. "I am T'aquar, and with it, I shall renew the Mother and the land. Take the Master Shaper!" She commanded and behind her came a small unit of Emerald Guardsmen, followed lastly by the Twisted Shaper Rhimmuld who gravely looked at his wife Xe'Ddane.

"Treachery!" Came a small rasp from Ara'Fhazia.

ooc: T'aquar will be closed, Alantha, I guess you need to think of what to do with if you want Alantha to retire or you want to continue her to another location. Just PM me if you want to continue her to another location.
WILL WORK FOR FASHION!

Alantha Darkstar

Alantha stood straight, naked and basking in the dark glory of the Crone and the shadowy lights that still twinkled about her. She faced the Avatar of the Mother, Laliel, yet said nothing, knowing she was nothing compared to this woman of such power. Casting a glance to Ara'Fhazia to see if she were going to do anything to stop the Emerald Guards from taking the Shaper.

The one that entered last, the man, gave her shivers.

I must protect the Master Shaper..... how?

But before she could think any further, she swiftyl waded through the waters to stand before the Shaper, placing her nude self between the woman and the emerald gaurds. There was only one thing she could do and that was reach inside herself, " Mother, Crone, Death..... help your Dark Daughter.... give me strength to face what lies ahead. ", her hand rose to her heaving chest, " If I am to protect the essence, give me the power to reap death amongst those that would defy you. If she is to be taken, then by your wish.... ", her prayer was whispered, yet to the void of stars of darkness that enveloped her, she knew it would be heard, if not answered.
Scheherazade
Civus

Post by Scheherazade »

And it was heard.

Alantha saw herself surrounded by the very darkness of cosmos and the Constellation of the Old Crone looming before her. Yet within that very same filled darkness of the cosmos was the interposing stars of her surrounding: The three Great Avatars of the Mother were filled with bright stars of the Mother as well as the Master Shaper behind her, the Emerald Guardsmen filled with twinkling with normal stars and strangely, the Twisted Shaper was encased in a void of stars, black holes that pulled light and energy within him, perpetually hungry and devouring.

You have called upon me and I have given you my blood and you must sacrifice my blood as well within you.

And then time moved on once again.

But Alantha could still see the interposed stars within each and every essence of nature, filling each person with the stars of the Mother and the Dark Priestess knew that she could reach into them, her own blood could reach into them.

The five Emerald guardsmen slowly advanced upon Alantha's naked form, wading through the black pond, despoiling its sanctity, yet they were respectfull and they were filled with honour.

"Priestess..." One of the guardsmen respectfully declaired, pausing afew feet away from the Dark Acolyte. His name was Lopus, Captain of the Emerald Guard. "We do not want any harm. We are under duty to obey the Avatar Salieu without Commander Draydis. We only want the Master Shaper. I beg you, please step aside." There were pain within his eyes, pain that it would come to this, and Alantha knew, he would do his duty.

It was as if the three Great Avatars were within their inner conflict, each within their turmoil, each unrelentless, each equal in power and divinity and Alantha knew, their struggles would tore the very fabric of T'aquar asunder.

The Twisted Shaper did nothing. He merely stared with his haunted eyes, looking at his wife Xe'Dane with longing and despair, but he did nothing and with a small flicker of his eyes, Rhimmuld turned to look at Alantha, his essence recognizing her own tainted power and a small smile crept up his lips. Yet he did nothing.

And L'essuin, Master Shaper, Bearer of the Essence of T'aquar was weaving, her eyes closed as she held her bosom with both cupped hands.
WILL WORK FOR FASHION!

Alantha Darkstar

Naked and weaponless, she still stood defiant. Back straight, a dark beauty in the middle of dark power. The weight of the stars and void around her was immense, yet not over powering, it was apart of her blood now, apart of her very life.

...you must sacrifice my blood as well within you.

" Blood. ", the word slipped past her lips without her knowing, even as her right hand rose to her mouth. She had no blade on her, so she used her teeth. Biting down hard on her palm, she punctured skin and drew blood, welling thick and dark. Ignoring the pain, she tightened her hand into a fist, squeezing the blood. She could reach into them, she could see their essence. " It is the will of the Crone, my Dark Mother that I protect this woman..... you will have her if you step over my dead and naked body. ", her words were never raised higher than a whisper, yet they carried the weight of a thousands stars. Alantha turned her own hard violet eyes to the Laliel Salieu, staring at the woman. Would the mother answer her power to squash this young upstart of power torn from shadows and night.

Regarding the gaurds once more, " The Mother protects me and her power thrums in my viens. You will not have this woman..... take another step forward and your blood with paint these walls. You re do ing your duty under the orders of another. For that, you are forgiven and the Mother will recieve into Her eternal embrace without hesitation... ", no smile touched her lips, too much dark power ran in her blood for expression and emotion to surface. With blood she reached forward and took a hold of the void, the stars, pulling their power to her.
Scheherazade
Civus

Post by Scheherazade »

The three Avatars of the Season were still locked within their struggles, each relentless, implacable and unassailable within their own domains. But, it was Xe'Dane, Avatar of Life and Spring, who fell first like a wilted flower, coughing out green blood. The taint of her Sacred Tree in Taloh had weakened her greatly.

"Xe'dane!" Ara'Fhazia, Avatar of Death and Winter cried in alarm, quickly kneeling down and cradling the half-dryad's head upon her bosom.

"I am dying, Old Mother." The half-dryad whispered, life draining out of her as she coughed out more blood. "My tree is dying and there will be no more spring for T'aquar."

"No, you must not say that, child!" The old priestess cried in deep anguish, maternally cradling Xe'Dane's face, ancient tears trinkling down her weathered face. "How could you do this to T'aquar, Y'sabelle?" The old priestess spat bitterly at Laliel Salieu.

"Beloved..." It was Rhimmuld, his face stark with fear, finding himself moving forward without knowing it. "My Xe'Dane!"

"Stop!" Ara'Fhazia cried vehemently, raising a trembling finger upon the twisted shaper. "One more step from you and I shall obliterate you with the full force of winter!" She hissed, full of wrath and anger. "It was you who had done this to her. Your doings, your actions and Xe'Dane is dying. There will be no more spring for T'aquar!" And then she wept out loud, her voice filled with indescribable loss as Xe'Dane with her last breath, lovingly looked upon her husband and reached out to him.

"You... do... know..." She whispered, her green eyes locked with Rhimmuld. "...that... I never stopped... loving... yo--" And then, her arm fell down as Xe'Dane, Avatar of the Wanton Mother of Life and Spring, breathed her last breath.

"Xe'Dane!"

"Beloved! NOOOoooooo!"

There was nothing to be done and Rhimmuld could only wail the bitterness of his lost love, stuffing his fist upon his mouth lest he cried out with the full force of the Nether, tears freely trickling down his cheek as he gnashed his teeth and tore his hair out with profound loss and anguish of his beloved wife.

Y'sabelle, The current Laliel Salieu, Avatar of the Fertile Mother of Maturity and Summer stepped back in full surprise, her face white as realization slapped her, that Xe'Dane was dead, that there would be no more spring for T'aquar.

"No... It must not be." She murmured, Ara'Fhazia's weeping echoing around the silent chamber. "There must be a way..." And then her eyes turned to the glowing L'essuin, Bearer of the Essence of T'aquar as she continued her weaving, never noticing the demise of the Avatar of Spring.

"Take the Master Shaper immediately!" Y'sabelle imperiously ordered the Emerald Guardsmen who were transfixed and gaping at them. "Take her!"

Captain Lopus, with anguished, unshed tears, gravely turned to look fully at Alantha. "Step aside, Priestess, I beg of you." He unsheathed his sword and started to move forward, knowing that death was upon him. Commandant Draydis, he thought, I have done my duty to T'aquar, you must do yours. "Take the Master Shaper." He ordered his soldiers as they started to circle the Dark Priestess with L'essuin behind her.
Last edited by Scheherazade on Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
WILL WORK FOR FASHION!

Alantha Darkstar

Spring had died.

T'aquar would no longer bloom when the first rays of light chased away winters chill.

Why should it bother her? She was Winter, she was Death. But she cared for she knew the Cycle must always continue, unto to death. This is what she thought as she stared at the soldiers trying to circle her, fury thundering in her breast and mind. " You were warned. ", she whispered through the dark energy that coursed in her blood, around her, filling her and taking away her emotion. " May deaths cold hand claim you and may the Mother forgive me. "

The young Priestess of the Crone focused on the blood she had shed, on the constellations that surrounded her. Standing naked and steadfast, unashamed by her lack of modesty and clothing. She was as the Mother created her, basking in the dark glory of the Mother Crone. Alantha was young and weak in her power, but her faith was strong, her sense of duty. Regarding the Laliel Saliu with the coldness of winter in her eyes and voice, " And may the Mother forgive you, Avatar. ", Alantha sought to pull what power she could, the very essence of death and cold, bending the power in a focused line to slice through the soldiers as though with a scythe.

With her bloody hand she moved it in an arc, slashing motions to take down the guards that tried to circle her. " Mother Crone, though they follow their duty, help me to protect the Master Shaper....with my dying death I will stand between her. Take their souls to your embrace, wrap them in soothing darkness! "
Scheherazade
Civus

Post by Scheherazade »

*Who will pity you, People of the First Nation,
And who will grieve over you?
Who will stop long enough to ask how you are?
You are thrown into the wind like straw,
And no one will mourn your death or say,
“How terrible, my friend, how terrible!”

And Ara'Fhazia wept, her weathered, ancient face bore the unbearable loss of a mother for her child. The faint sloshing tread of the five Emerald Guardsmen growing loud as they came near Alantha, filling the silent Sanctorium of the Old Crone with echoing din of black water, reflecting the grim faces of the adhiel soldiers and the anguished pain washing upon Captain Lopus' frame.

No one will weep or cry,
“My land, my people!”
There are more widows in your land
Than grains of sand by the sea.

And Ara'Fhazia wept, crushed by her grief, cradling the limp and frail body of the exquisite dryad, her own tears freely flowing down her ancient face, dripping one by one upon the cheek of Xe'Dane's lifeless cheek. But she did not weep alone. Rhimmuld, the Twisted Shaper, Xe'Dane's beloved wept with the Avatar of Winter, a choked sob came out from his thin lips and silent tears started to stream down his pale, adhiel face.

As if in defeat, the Twisted Shaper slumped down upon the ground, unable to come near in fear of the Old Priestess, unable to hold his wife for the last time. His shoulder heaving, he sobbed out the heartache he was feeling, the twisting ache that was slicing deep inside him. Beating his fist upon his chest, he took his own hand and tried to stuff it in his mouth to stop another choking sob that was wreaking him.

Your young men in their prime are killed
And made your mother's suffer
With anguish and terror.

Alantha could feel it, growing inside her, the building tension of divine power fueled by her own righteous anger and blood, blood that was Nether now, for she was Nature and Nature's revenge was swift and abrupt. Slowly, the young Priestess of Nature's Death saw her own blood fell, ever so slowly, as if time moved sluggishly for her, and with a small ripple, her own glistening, red blood joined the black water of the pond, the sacred blood of the Mother Crone.

As if struck by Alantha's hand, one of the guardsmen suddenly paused and groaned, his skin agonizingly and slowly erupting with boils and pustules and he paled noticeably, and with a soft moan, the whites of his eyes showing, he fell into the black water, convulsing and groaning. Nature's retribution and revenge.

Your daylight has turned to darkness;
Your enemies are killing those who are still alive.

"What have you done, you foolish girl!" Y'sabelle, Avatar of Summer, the Laliel Salieu cried at Alantha, her face seething with frustration. "Kill her! She's a spawn of the Nether!"

"But Holy Priestess..." Captain Lopus cried, his eyes shining with terror, transfixed at what was happening to one of his soldiers.

"DO AS I SAY!" Laliel Salieu thundered, suddenly infused with the holy light of the Mother.

With a groan, Captain Lopus switched his gaze back to Alantha, his face wavering, undecided, and with anguished tears streaming down his cheek, he shouted one last cry before rushing towards the Dark Acolyte, his long sword drawn and arching, the rest of the Emerald Guardsmen rushing in as well for the kill:

"FOR T'AQUAAAAR!"

Where are your heroes?
Those who promised to defend your land?

"Just a flicker more... Just a flicker more..." L'essuin, Bearer of the Essence of T'aquar kept chanting to herself, oblivious that death was upon them and before any of the swords descend upon Alantha, the Master Shaper suddenly opened her eyes.

"It is done." She simply whispered.

A blinding white light covered them all for a full flicker and L'essuin was its center.

*The Canticle of Xe’Dane
Last edited by Scheherazade on Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
WILL WORK FOR FASHION!

Alantha Darkstar

Alantha basked in the death she dealt out. A part of her quailed at the thought though, by her hand she snuffed out someones life like the blowing out of a candle flame. Yet a deeper part was thrilled by the power she suddenly found herself weilding. Thank you, Mother. For guiding me on the right path!

The Priestess did not falter as the Emerald Gaurdsmen raced towards her, she stood still as stone, her features may aswell have been carved from ice chilled marble. No crack marred her features, her eyes hard and deathly cold. These men would follow their comrade into the Afterlife.

The young achadhiel rose her hand once more, allowing more blood to flow freely, yet as her lips parted to speak another prayer of death delivered, the bright light flashed and Alantha faltered, her words slipping from her mind. So bright and intense, her other hand rose to shield her eyes from it. She could almost see the Master Shaper in the centre of that light, so beautiful as was their land.... or at least as their land used to be before those accursed Oneists' came with fire and misguided faith. Alantha Darkstar would avenge T'aquar somehow, someday, with the might of the Crone in her hand and heart.
Scheherazade
Civus

Post by Scheherazade »

Oh, Mother, how can I let them understand? This is my burden alone, a sacrifice I have to make. Y'sabelle, the current Avatar of the Laliel Salieu thought silently, steeling herself as she ordered the soldiers against the young acolyte, knowing that another blood must be spilled, another creature of the Mother had to die. It was all for Tel Aranae Quessir, for T’aquar, for Nature. There will be no T’aquar if I do not do this? Oh Xe’Dane forgive me, can you not see that I am afeared? That this sacrifices that we are doing are nothing compared to what will happen to T’aquar if I do not set these things in motion. I weep, but you cannot see this, you MUST not see this, for in this, for the salvation of our Land, the Land of the First People, against the zealous, white fire of the One God… Oh, Mother, I do this for T’aquar.

Without her noticing it, a single tear escaped and ran down Y’sabelle’s cheek, falling unobtrusively upon the sacred soil of the land she dearly loved. These are my crimes, Mother, the inequities of the Avatar. And then she closed her eyes, knowing what the Master Shaper was about to do and smiled with a sigh of relief, knowing that the Land of the First People will be saved.
[hr][/hr]
"Open your eyes, Dark Acolyte." It was the gentle voice of L'essuin, soft yet imperious.

"What witchcraft is this?!" A voice the Dark Acolyte of the Dark Mother recognized as coming from the captain of the Emerald Guard. Curiously, the swords did not descend upon Alantha. "Master Shaper, where am I?" There was a hint of panic within that voice."

Even with her eyes closed and with her hand shielding them, the blinding light penetrated the darkness of Alantha's vision. It hang, for almost like perpetuality, eternal, as if the light would not stop, and if she would try to open her eyes, she would see that she was in a new world: Surrounded in whiteness, above and below, as if there was no sky or ground and only L'essuin and Captain Lopus remained in that strange place.

"Do not be afeared, Captain, you are safe. No one commands you here." L'essuin replied calmly as the Adhiel stepped gracefully forward, her long, blond hair glorious, flowing behind her back, clad in a green robe of a Master Druid Shaper. Strangely, the taint upon her skin was gone, and the Master Shaper seemed well and fit. "We are within moment in a blink of time Herself. We are neither in or outside of the flicker."

"What?" Was the only reply of Captain Lopus, his face buried in profound fear and confusion.

"Do you comprehend, Dark Acolyte of the Mother?" The Adhiel's blue eyes turned to Alantha. "Take this, you will need to guard this with your very life." The Master Shaper then lifted her closed fist and slowly opened them before the Achadhiel's face, revealing a very small, ordinary looking acorn. "This is the seed of T'aquar."
Last edited by Scheherazade on Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
WILL WORK FOR FASHION!

Alantha Darkstar

At first confused, disorientated.

She was apart of the Dark, not evil, but the darkness that must exist to maintain the balance. The darkness of death, she was the whispering voice in the shadow, the cool blackness of a silent slumber. Yet what she stood in was perpetual light, never ending and she wanted to flinch, but stopped herself from doing so.

Alantha would be brought no harm here, a Dark Daughter to a Dark Mother, she would stand before this light. Then the comforting voice of the Master Shaper spoke to her and in it she found solace in this strange place. Opening her eyes as instructed, she was in awe of the beauty L'essuin possessed. In her hand, she held an acorn. At first she thought it an odd thing, yet as the Shaper explained what she held in the palm of her hand, the Acolyte trembled.

Slender fingers stretched forward towards it, shaking as they did so. It never stopped her picking up the acorn however.

" The Seed.....why would you give me this.... this responsibility? I am not worthy... ", her words failed her, she could find no voice, no words would justify what she felt. Light penetrated her shadows, leaving no corner unlit. It not banish her darkness, it matched it, they were equals in a cycle that must continue. " I am not strong enough for this, Master Shaper. ", she clutched the seed to her chest however, tears threatening to cascade down her cheeks. For one that had worked so hard to strip herself of emotion, to become as merciless in her thoughts as the frozen heart of winter, she had experienced a vast range of emotions in the past candlemark than she had had her entire life thus far.

" If the Mother finds me deserving, then my very last breath will be used to guard it.... to cherish out last hope. ", pleading eyes searched the Master Shapers face. " L'essuin...is there anyone that can help me? On this mortal world that is? My prayers will be my sword and my faith will be the shield..... yet I will need help.... ", again she was lost for words. Her usually hard violet eyes glanced to the Captain, a flicker of anger flashed in them, but she suppressed such feelings for now. He was only doing as commanded by the Laliel Saliu.

Strands of her black hair crossed her face, like cracks in perfect white marble. Turning back to L'essuin. " The Mother will guide me. "
Scheherazade
Civus

Post by Scheherazade »

"Who is worthy, Alantha?" L'essuin replied, "I know I am not. But it was a burden that was given to me, a choice I had to make. It was either watch my niece, Hope, die carrying that burden or sacrifice myself for her. It was a decision that I have freely chosen."

"I carried the Essence of T'aquar within me, but it does not belong to me. It belongs to the righful heir of Tel Aranae Quessir." The Master Shaper continued. "We are now a dying race, Dark Acolyte. T'aquar is fading until only a memory will remain. This is the only path that is chosen for us. You must carry the Essence of T'aquar within that seed that someday, somehow, T'aquar will linger and Tel Aranae Quessir would be reborn again."

"That will not happen, Master Shaper!" Captain Lopus vehemently objected, stepping forward. "As long as T'aquar's true people hold firm, T'aquar will not be lost."

"Oh, but it will, Captain." L'essuin Cathelion turned her sorrowful eyes to the Emerald Guard. "I have seen it. The holy fires of the One will spread and ravage the very core of T'aquar. Our people will scatter," She gravely turned back to the Dark Acolyte. "Like grains of sand thrown into the wind and we will be lost. You, Dark Acolyte of the Mother, must carry the seed out of T'aquar. You must save the Land of the First People and be the Guardian of the Seed. Only the true heir shall unlock the Essence of T'aquar from that seed and T'aquar shall be renewed once more, perhaps, in another land."

"Winter will be very long for T'aquar and there will be no spring. Without T'aquar's essence, the land will loose its magick." L'essuin foretold, her dreadful voice coming from a very distant place.

"Yes, the Mother shall guard you, as long as you remain faithful to her." The Master Shaper agreed. "There is someone who can help you. Two someones, I think. You must seek Holy Un'Vhien, High Priest of Illuminatus, you will see him inside the School of the Shapers and perhaps, his brother can help you as well, Lord Un'Qyn the Sorcerer."

"There is someone who can help you as well, Priestess." It was Captain Lopus, his voice gruff, respecting Alantha and the burden she carries. "You must seek Commandant Draydis, he is a true son of T'aquar. I know not where he is. The Holy Avatar sent him out on a great mission, but the Lord Sorcerer could give you the whereabouts of Commandant Draydis." He paused and stood before Alantha with full pride and honor. "If you may, Priestess, I shall give you the aid of my sword and escort you to the High-Priests of Illluminatus and to Lord Un'Qyn. My sword is yours." He then knelt and offered his sword to the Dark Acolyte.

"If you will agree, Alantha, you both must act quickly." The Master Shaper warned, "I cannot keep this for long. Shaping the flickers is a very hard task, but I shall hold it for as long as I can, that can give you both a chance to escape." The light around them was fading slowly, the mundane world seemed to be interfering.
WILL WORK FOR FASHION!

Alantha Darkstar

There was no need or cause for hesitation.

" I agree, Master Shaper. Though it is a heavy burden, it is one I will accept for the poeple of T'aquar....the Mothers children. ", she bowed her head in reverence. " As for this Draydis... ", she regarded the captain, " ....I will seek him out, but I will seek the Mothers' guidence also on that matter, if She deems it so then I will find him, and I accept your sword, Captain. ", the corner of her lips curled up slightly into the closest thing Alantha would allow to a smile before even that minor display of emotion vanished to be replaced by her marble cold, yet beautfiul, features.

She looked down at herself, " Perhaps I had better dress first, unless the Lord Sorcerer and High Priest would want me to arrive this way? I think not... "

Alantha was unsure about what to do.... was she to start moving within this strange place of light eternal? For now she simply waited for the Shapers next move.
Scheherazade
Civus

Post by Scheherazade »

When Alantha mentioned the fact that she was naked, Captain Lopus suddenly averted his eyes, his cheeks flaming and then turned around.

"There is no moment to loose, Dark Acolyte." L'essuin replied, sweat beading her forehead. "You must leave now. See, the flickers are starting to move and Time is starting to move herself. If there's a chance, this is it." With graceful steps, the Master Shaper moved forward and placed a chaste kiss upon Alantha's forehead. "May the light of T'aquar guide you and bring you back to us." She whispered.

There was a faint sobbing of cries, coming froma very distant place, and Alantha realized that it was Ara'Fhazia's voice, yet she couldn't see the Old Woman and intermingled with her own pain was the choking sob of Rhimmuld.

"Here, Holy Priestess." It was the Captain's voice, removing his green cloak and and spreading it upon the Achadhiel's naked shoulder. "We must hurry. Come."

He suddenly darted forward as their surrounding was suddenly interposed with the mundane world yet everyone and everything were locked in stone, unmoving.

"We go this way, Dark Acolyte." The Emerald Captain urged Alantha, moving beyond the opened doorway of the Sanctorium of the Mother Crone and if the Achadhiel should follow, the Captain would lead her through the dark, empty corridor, up the ground and through the city and as if time had stopped, everything and everyone were not moving:

A bird paused in mid-flight.

A butterfly paused upon a nectar of a flower.

A young adhiel boy hovering in mid-air, paused between mid-jump and the air was silent and eerie.

"We are here." The Captain said, indifferent to what he had seen, focused upon his noble mission of protecting Alantha. "This is the School of..." And he was interrupted as time started to move as if nothing happened.

"Where did you two came from?" A startled voice came upon them, a voice of a child, and if Alantha would look down, there was a young adhiel boy looking up at them, his green eyes intensely curious. "And don't you know you're naked, Lady?" His curious eyes turned to Alantha. "Mother says that is in-- in-- inapo-- inapoprious?"
WILL WORK FOR FASHION!

Alantha Darkstar

" Inappropriate, child, is the word you are looking for. ", she looked down at the boy, staring into his green eyes. " And your mother is right, it is also rude for little boys to openly stare at a naked lady. ", she drew the cloak tighter around her, not so much for her own modesty, but to save the boy any further embaressment, if he even felt such.

Looking to the captain. " Can we find the Lord Sorcerer and the High Priest swiftly? I would like to get dressed at some point also. ", the recent events were taking their toll on her, she was tired, drained, both physically, mentally and emotionally. Touching the shadowy power of the Crone left her faith strong, but her heart ached for having to leave the High Priestess behind without so much a word of thanks or good bye. Their time had been short, but the power and wisdom the old adhiel had held was beyond anything Alantha could comprehend...for now. One day she would hold just as much.

Weariness seeped into her eyes, yet she knew her duty was not yet done. The acorn still clutched tightly in her hand, she would not let it go any time soon. " Lets get to the School then... ", she started off in the direction the captain was about to gesture, praying she was headed the right way.

Return to “T'aquar Archive”