Shapers, Braggers, Engineers and a bunch of poppyloaves.

Moderators: Syra, Mods

Shapers, Braggers, Engineers and a bunch of poppyloaves.

Post by Guest »

Morningtide 26th

OOC: I am uncertain of where shapers would be located in Kes’Levy, Sesan would truly know being native there but I do not. In Taloh it was a school near the temple, here it is rather unclear I’m sure you can tell me better, Maeve. :D

IC: True to the bargain the melodic engineer had woken early bird as he is. Full of zest and vigour he had recovered fully resting as a bear and ready to be roaring. Early wake and then it crept to him again that feeling of envy of the wielders of wood, plants and leaves… The achadhiel wench had spoken of the shapers, something he felt to become also… She was an ex shaper probably following renegade shapers… the thorns to wild for the likes of Sesan. Perhaps he could visit the established shapers in town and plead to learn the craft… An engineer he had become but for the thought of invention making nature more refined and graceful. Shaping was the only way for an Adhiel to become a master in the art of engineer; he could not follow the same rules as other races. He had to see if they would want him and when he had gathered his usual clothe and splint suit, he equipped the tanned robe and headed for such a place.

The robe would keep him warm until a store or an honest opportunity would provide him with such. He ate a loaf he helped cook yesterday for breakfast the smooth spicy inside a treat upon his tongue. Eating was something he could while walking and at such an early time he could easily avoid his whining uncle. If he would have to wait until the place was accessible, the youth would simply pass his time with talking to someone like a night guard or another early bird like him.

Thought crept through him as he became aware of his rather shady skills. Reading lips was something he had learned a bit and seeing if one lies was a better trait of him. Maybe I could catch an infiltrator and became the hero of the day! The elf tinker saw him upon a pedestal already princess and avatar embracing his waist as he had safeguarded the evil… Dream all you want little elfin you couldn’t hit a ball with a club the size of an orc head, hehe… Disgusting… the orc heads upon the walls… I hope they removed them… pity the guard who has to smell the rotting flesh of in this case a green skinned demon slave. Sesan mind was busy as a bee always thinking, analysing and contemplating new ideas, a fresh day a fresh start.
Last edited by Guest on Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

Sesan wandered through the adhiel town and soon found himself in front of the Temple of the Mother, the center of faith that also formed the basis of the Shaping Magick that was so unique to T'aquar which allowed them to live in harmony with their surroundings, even at these evil times when there seemed to be not much harmony in nature.

Just as in Taloh, the largest known temple was the Temple to the Mother, this vast and round place shaped from a single tree was the northernmost part of the city and dedicated primarily to the Goddess various aspects. It housed priests and priestesses as well as acolytes who came to study religion, healing and many types of magic.

Standing before the building Sesan noticed once again that its divided according to the three phases of the Mother: the Maiden, the Mother and the Crone. The question was of course where he would find the shapers in this huge tree-turned-temple.
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]

Post by Guest »

The wild youth had never set foot in the temple before since an early age. The whole thought of him confused his soul feeling that accepting a mother different then his dear lost mother was committing heresy to himself. Still the dreamer had little choice as he had to find an answer to his questions and those laid inside the large tree formed building. Truly there must be shaper here; this is the most shaped building in all of Kes’Levy. Sesan… you will likely have to commit to a religion in order to do so… perhaps finding one that serves more as a sister would better be served then a mother. The aspect you hardly know of these at all, youth, care and crone but what do they mean is a mystery to you… Quietly Sesan entered the building looking around as he went in effort of seeking out a shaper, perhaps a cute female. Anyone even a chap would do so long they had flair, grace and beauty.

Some thoughts crossed his mind wandering the place where the essence of the mother resided. Here I shall find what I am seeking even if it would mean that I have to walk to the top of it. I have been rather oddly against the avatar the other day even as close as a flirt when touching her… whom she rather enjoyed I might add… A soft tittle came from his mouth knowing he was a fetching lad with an additional quirky side. Bah that woman… the princess’s defender, she almost killed me for showing affection. Care even if it was a bit uncaught… challenged for combat because etiquette is more important then true feelings and warmth towards a person. I learned the hard way of how nobles behave… and that is selfish… unlike the heart of the forest. Still it was educational to see how they think and move, good learning Sesan my friend. Quietly he continued seeking one of these robed people whose appearance were known to even the youngest of child.

Again Sesan’s mind started to drift like a leaf in the wind, dancing down from the trees towards the floor. It is autumn a time when the leaves are seeking the canopy to colour and decay to feed the soil. A symbol of everlasting life to its surrounding and the tree leaves ease my heart so well. The mistress of the forest… dancer of leaves she is truly a the maiden who the spirits of the forest worship… Spirits like the Fairy, Nymph and Dryad I should not forget the everlasting pixie mischievous as always. I wonder if my calling is too life under the forest trees, dances upon the leaves and feel the touch of bark upon my naked skin… Troubling it became to him that he was uncertain how his heart was wavering. Still shaping was an important matter in his life and he had to pursue it. They would need a shaper for the road construction and this could be requested as well. This was all educational and he had to be sincere caring and warm to the former of the leaves who he could engage in conversation…
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

There were in truth no shortage of priests of whatever rank in the Temple. They talked amongst each other in soft murmurings, or abased themselves at one of the many altars that could be found. There was an atmosphere of frantic activity to the Temple.

A young acolyte in a robe that hid any curves walked up to Sesan with a friendly if somewhat detached smile on her clean well shapen face, her blue eyes betraying mild curiousity "Namaste, can I help you?
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]

Post by Guest »

A smile covered the face of the troubled engineer knowing this acolyte might have the answers he was seeking for. “Namaste acha, I am indeed in need of some answers to questions I am seeking. I have hopes of becoming a shaper, still I am rather puzzled on how to go into this venture.” Sesan viewed the maiden’s lips as he was going to read them in an attempt at practicing some of his lip reading. It had been something he learned in an afternoon at the beach a long time ago and would be handy finding the latest gossips in Kes’Levy without the need to get close to it.

The tinker had always pondered on the notion of the truth behind people’s tales, still in this case he doubted the acolyte would even consider making a lie towards him. “I have been thinking of finding a less known goddess originating from the woodlands… The mistress of the leaves this would be in question alas I do not know if she has her own temple or if she perhaps shares this one with her mother.” With mother Sesan meant the mother goddess of the earth and creator of the adhiel and many if not almost all life forms upon the face of the sphere. The designer had all notions of wanting to become a shaper and would prefer to do so through the words of forest dwelling miracle goddess then replacing his precious mother’s visions by joining the more established religion of Ta’quar.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

With a smile the acolyte pointed Sesan to a small altar covered with flowers "She's part of our general cult of the mother. There are only few who worship her seperately."

Patiently the girl waited to see if Sesan would have any other questions.

OOC: might I point out to you that you also have a date later this tide? Since this is going slow, perhaps another thread would serve your needs.

Post by Guest »

Sesan felt somewhat overwhelmed by the whole experience of being in a temple of this size. The maiden he talked to was rather short spoken and abrupt but then again she likely was a follower of the mother goddess and not of the leaf mistress. Speaking softly he gave the lass a faint smile while walking past her towards the shrine. “Thank you Acha, I think I am able to find my path from here much appreciation and have a pleasant morningtide.” The young engineer made quick way towards the small flowered shrine, which was simple and not over elaborate.

The tinker decided to stand here for a moment to see if anything might happen. His knowledge of religious matters was small but he knew a wise priestess or such would have to explain him certain matters. Sesan you have to inquire about what this is and what the meanings behind it may be. Only then you can find if this religion is as cherished as it seems… It seems pleasant so far let see if we can get a certain respond. Quiet he sat near the small shrine remaining quiet and reserved not disturbing others who might be there. The youth had no clue of how proper prayers were commenced. Merely absorbing the atmosphere and letting known his presence would be enough for the time being. He made an attempt in calming his inner self and letting his mind go a drift, the place seemed to be good for this at the least. In less then a mark he would have to make way to the chief’s house and start with the construction of the tree-roads. In case nothing happened here he would find himself calm and focused for the job he had to do within the forest… The trees must not be harmed… The roads must be in conjuction and agreement of the forest.

OOC: I will make another post which will lead to the construction of the roads, Assuming thats the date you meant. :)
Last edited by Guest on Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

There was a natural quiet surrounding Sesan. He could still hear the soft voices of the acolytes talking to other in muted words, just beyond his reach so that he couldn't understand the words. The rushling of leaves was more dominating however, as was the sound of.... hooves.

OOC: hopefully we'll be joined by a new player :)

Post by Guest »

The whole scene created a peaceful feeling he hadn’t felt in quite some time. When it came to matters of mind and soul Sesan would prefer an obscure sense of belief rather then an outlet in the open. Deep inside he knew he could not pray nor meditate correctly but knowing that it was a first step in a process of familiarization. He felt somewhat lifted in both mind and body perhaps first steps of an inner peace he always had been seeking.

The leaves made him think of the woodlands he grew up in the vision of them being sweet and treasuring. Now they were dark and more sinister but deep inside he knew it was still the same forest. It is merely cooping with change… We all have to change if we are to survive the times of holding on to tradition are over. Maybe it is getting back to our roots a long past area when we were mystical beings flowing through the canopy. Many beings of the forest lived longer then we do and if we cannot see the future we are destined to fade. The tinker’s thoughts were disturbed by the sound of hooves touching the ground. His senses heightened felt the soft rhythm of the trembling of the earth.

His eyes slowly opened when reality came back to him and his mind settled back in. It had been a not too miraculous experience but truly pleasant and worth repeating. Tilting his head slightly he observed a creature whose hooves touched the soil. Upon it was a rider he had not seen before still he was open for anyone with a good heart and ear to muster. “Namaste… acha…”

OOC: I just am assuming the new player will arrive and did my homework in seeking out who it was. Maybe me breaking the ice makes things more easier to Digest. :D

Welcome,
Duilya Lorien

Post by Duilya Lorien »

OOC: I’m still trying to get the hang :? of it all but thanks for starting me off… and getting me to have another look at the Adhiel language. :P

It didn’t take Duilya long on Roran to arrive at the elaborately shaped temple of the mother… Duilya found all aspects of the mother as being equally important she admitted to have an affiliation more with the maiden but she was still a maiden herself so it was understandable. Removing herself from Roran and gently whispered in his ear to look after himself, briefly a feeling of love radiate from the horse.
“faliu Ea” She grinned back, before bringing her attention to the young adhiel that had addressed her.
“Namaste achlaliel” She replied politely as tradition states and bowing her head slightly in respect. He was rather pale and white as the only way to describe him… his appearances was different from any fellow adhiel she had met.
“Namaste acha” she indicated towards the female acolyte.

This was it, the beginning of the rest of her life, the beginning of her dreams in fact everything seemed to be closer in her grasp that ever before. Slightly nervous that she was interrupting and most of all she didn’t want to appear rude.
“Excuse me, I wont interrupt you for long but I was wondering where I might find a Healer?”
Last edited by Duilya Lorien on Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Syra
The Chocolate Game Designer

Post by Syra »

ooc
This is your friendly neighbourhood mod reporting for duty :) If you have any concerns, wishes or questions, do not hesitate to pm me!

ic
A single leaf
decided
to twirl
down

Autumn.
A time of letting go.
It was an auspicious time to start up new projects. Right now the forest was making ready to withdraw for the winter and reflect. Come spring everything would sprout and turn, bend and grow. Shapers held different opinions on the best time to work, both groups having their own reasons and strengths to favour one season over the other.

The huge tree felt sleepy already, it's life juices slowly pulling back from the leaves. It was a part of the eternal circle and one noone worried about. Yet it was the forest around them that caused worries.

Outside the woods were not getting ready for winter by lulling themselves to sleep. Instead a frantic feeling of eagerness twitched and turned the branches, making them grab unsuspecting travellers before they realized what was happening. Up until now nobody had really been brought to harm, but with the stories that were brought back from the woods it would only be a matter of time.

This was not a good time to be travelling.
It was not a good time at all.

And yet here she was: Duilya arrived at Mother's tree. The horse winnied lovingly and bobbed his head in response. It was quite enough to evoke a smile from several of the acolytes...and quite enough to break any concentration left of Sesan's short meditation.

The leaf stuck to his hair, colouring a warm red and gold against his pale appearance. It itched slightly.
[size=75]Chocolate is not an addiction, it is a way of life.

[/size]

Post by Guest »

The whole air was not hard to follow for the creative youth and the leaf dropping upon his head made him feel as answer was given. Itchy… Still the feel of it seems to be truthful, perhaps my first step into become united to the mistress and even see a path of shaping someday soon. Sesan wondered of how the leaf had travelled before it landed upon him and it could be imagined been laid there by fay or nymph.

Drifting…

The women did not leave his thought unnoticed however the light wear and large steed was differing from what you usually saw in his hometown. She must be from Taloh itself or perhaps one of the smaller villages near. He shifted his eyes a little then showing a faint smile as he got his bearings again. “A healer is not hard to find acha, almost everyone here has such a devotion here. Alas I am a creative designer of thoughts placed into motion and healing is however very limited too only a lick of tongue upon cut in the hand so to speak.” A chuckle crossed his lips thinking of the many times he had been trying to create a habitat in the forest grounds. Now he was seeking another means of shelter that being near the leaves. Things looked bright… upright and motioning.

“Namaste seodhiel…” It was as a reckoning to the mistress of that which grew and bloomed and eventually fell down to renew. A mistress it would be in time even a companion, love or…

Thoughts… memories drifting again…
Duilya Lorien

Post by Duilya Lorien »

Duilya had noticed the leaf sitting in the blond hair of the stranger. This is the only thing that you can trust impeccable… that time will continue to turn and the seasons will always come and go. She thought smiling back as the man spoke. Is he trying to insinuate healing isn’t an art or useless? Hopefully his just trying to explain why his chosen what sounds like a creative description of shaping. Duilya laughed amused at this misunderstanding of Healing.

“I don’t see things that way…see there is but one or two differences between our two choices; that you concentrate upon the trees and plants in the world creating them into amazing pieces of art yet you also must care for them… I don’t create pieces of art but I tend to the pieces of art that the mother and all her counter parts created caring more for the creatures that co-exist with nature.” Duilya tried to explain but both arts were needed for the world they new to exist.

Gazing back at the leave made her sigh. Autumn the preparation of winter… a time of death and a harsh time of animals many starve and grow ill, food would be scarce. She hated winter with a passion despite it being a natural part and this leaf was proving that it would be coming. This year however she will not stand idling, this year she will attempt to aid during the harshest time of the year.

“Healing is so much more than the healing of a cut it’s a chance to save lives if I continue my studies and a chance to better the quality of all creatures living such as a wolf pup having a broken bone if I continue with learning empathy and healing I should be able to heal it whereas otherwise it would sarcome and fail to survive” She continued to try and explain as best she could to show the how beautiful the art of Healing was in the way that she saw it as.

Post by Guest »

Sesan made no attempt to interrupt the young maiden from her tales of healing the ill, needy and your occasional broken, shattered or dislodged pup. Amusingly he thought about doing a little forest dance stripping to the bare essentials of nature's garb and frolicking around the altar… Alas he decided that was a bit too much cheerful behaviour and even thought the role of sprite child was appealing it was uncertain to be appreciated this time. Senorita Leaf had made him look as if his mind flew away and truly seemed a joke played by him by a naughty nymph.

Leaf on head heavy… must endure burden… be able get up… too heavy… must… laugh!

The leaf-headed elf laughed gently as he refreshed the tales in his mind as he didn’t know what a healer was. If I merely remember the many times old uncle took me to the doctor to heal some sense into me… Heal damn it heal! Too little avail Sesan, you still are a nutcase… or should I say a leafhead. His snickering continued as he slowly reached for the leaf in his hair taking a good look upon it for oddities and giving it a gentle kiss. Smiling brightly he knew this little treasure would make a great addition to his hat if only there was someway of preserving it.

Then it struck him again he was in the middle of conversation with a puppy-loving lass and she ‘demanded’ a reply. “Wahoo, I wish to become a great healer of trees, plants, flowers, and mosses. Soon I will invent a cure against leaf fall and no tree shall envy brother pine for having a full bush in wintertime! No more shall in cold times the trees bare the nude they shall wear special winter coloured feathers in gold, silver, white and… pink!” Setting him into a wise position of the thinker he gazed upon his surroundings as if he was enlighten by the light itself. “Aha you wish to become a greater healer of little puppies, bunnies, squirrels and ponies! You can find almost anyone here to aid you in healing anything that you might encounter and they will do it for you, just for you! One piece of advice all living is living therefore all living has healers and all healers are alive… unless they died then they no healers anymore. Still if they are half dead or alive depending on the negative or positive notion then they still remain as healers and are best served to healing themselves. Hence the word healers heal your own wounds FIRST then help others, you dummy!” Sesan gave the maiden a couple flickers to let the message sink in before continuing to speak. “You dummy was referred to the healer who didn’t heal himself and bled to death, it was not meant for you… unless it happened to you once… ever been half dead?”

Smiling bright he played gentle with the leaf as if it was a pearl he had found in a dangerous reef after a long wet dive. He had been known to have sudden urges of talking nonsense. But Sesan my friend did not all the great philosophers have sudden fits of eccentric thinking? If they did not then they should’ve it is the best way to relieve stress and avoid complex people talking about honour, pride and a proper recipes of kneeling to uptight nobles… I bet… kneeling was invented in attempt of peeking under the garbs of ladies and bowing to observe the proper texture and shape of cleavage. That is why they invented the corset so kneeling and bowing people can get a better look! Broadens the feminine figures and causes nausea and cramps for free too! A two in one deal! Eyes widened and Sesan jumped up in a sudden rush full of inspiration and zest.

“The corset, it is invented for satisfying noble peeking urges and no one told me about it!”

Fay, nymph or pixie in a corset never seen that before… I bet kneeling is truly for dummies with a wish for peeking… Next time I meet a noble lady I better bow deep enough so my nose becomes one with her bosom, recon it be hard to talk with a mouth full…

OOC: Before everyone starts thinking what a nut, Sesan has been known to have sudden fits of odd speech especially in awkward circumstances.
Duilya Lorien

Post by Duilya Lorien »

If Duilya had known the complex and absolute confusion she would have face when she walked in, she would have chosen to have talked to someone else yet now politeness and the way she was taught from her family compelled her to stay. Waiting for a reply and seeing him starting to laugh and chuckle at a joke she wasn’t included in and as he kissed the leaf a gentle smile lifted on her lips. What an unusual gentle fellow.

Her smile and thought didn’t stay that way for long for once he started talking his speed and meanings almost evaded her. The first few sentences of healing plants she understood. But continuing she seemed to lose the plot. Was there something about jealous plants, healers only healing for me? And healers needing healers… Dummy. She was about to protest but still the quirky blond Adheil continued still. Well at least I know he wasn’t insulting me.

She watched him playing with the leaf in his fingers hoping whatever inspiration it was giving him would cease just so she could keep up. Realizing a small question in the conversation she looked back up at his face, seeing a bright smile. It’s not bad, remember all beings are worth knowing they all teach you something, respect and honor them… never look down your nose cause you may find they are more intelligent and kinder heart than you possess… grandma had never met this man when she been saying that, yet he seems a kind hearted soul just a little ecstatic and electric.

“No I cant say I have almost died…” She just answered when another unusual comment about corsets. Where did corsets come into this?? Will I ever get an understanding of what is being talked about… oh well might as well join in and maybe have some fun.

“If always seen Corsets are just a tool to torture oneself… made to create curves that previously didn’t exist… but such is the vanity of life” She smiled, she really didn’t know if what she said had anything to do with his comment but then it was only a means to keep herself in this conversation. He reminds me of a dryad or nymph that belongs in a story skipping and singing till his hearts content.

“Excuse me for asking but where is it you come from, I couldn’t imagine you growing up in a city, your to…” She paused trying think of the perfect word so not to offend. “free and move at home in a forest with fellow kindred spirits”

Post by Guest »

It was not hard for Sesan to notice that again he had startled a person completely. If he would get a lance for every time he had done so then the wealth he would be in was grand. Wealth was what the world made round and although less it was equal in the cities of Taquar.

Then again talk of vanity in life and true it was nice to engage in narcissism but misplaced now nonetheless. In this case he would have to explain what he meant or else he was going to lose her attention ask quick as a chicken at the butcher shop. “Sorry maiden, I have been speaking in riddles due too a surge of inspiration and those tend to overwhelm me at times.” The tinker stood and paced a few times up and down thinking of logical choices too follow.

If vanity resembles corsets then… corsets resemble pain… pain resembles beauty then… beauty resembles vanity and the circle is complete.

Turning around quick and steady he approached her until he was a mere pace away then gazed her more clearly. Her hair is a brown one can see in some trees that is a good point. The green eyes are a give away likely all green eyed folk share one far away relative. Clothes suggest preferring autumn chill then warmth of skin… Interesting I recon a bit of conceit is included in the lass after all. His rosy eyes met with hers and an elegant smirk followed as he was sizing her up. “You seem to have come here with the refugees I reckon, a hard journey nonetheless. Kes’Levy is perhaps less orientated towards the city life and we posses still many woodland areas unmapped and barely trailed.” Placing his fingers with keen hurry upon his chin he again observed as if she was an interesting specimen of foreign origin.

He stood there for a while silent thinking and observing then continuing conversation with a somewhat naughty smile. “I understand you are here to learn the art of cleansing the body of wounds. This requires a lot of love and affection for beings I surely think, you good at loving?” Then another jump too a completely different subject as he stated his needs and patterns for being here as well. “I myself dream of being able too shape my vision into forest and a like. I am an engineer of new age proportions and was seeking the mistress of leaves too embrace me into her womb… The leaf was a symbol of this… The red is me the gold the path I need to travel towards the green the original colour…” Somewhat complex he was uncertain if she knew what he meaning with shaping his vision, as she was more the animal loving type he reckoned.

The forest is the key too salvation… Returning to the old ways through new progress… Shaping is change, the world is changing and we need to shape our destiny with harmony.

His thoughts crossed over the leaf again that he could not let this decay. It is a symbol of my awakening… How do I preserve this leaf is there anyone who can tell me? Is there someone with deeper insight into her that can show me the path? Or… is it silly dream of a childish boy in an inane world? A saddening look covered his eyes as he was clueless of how too follow the path he planned taking.
Duilya Lorien

Post by Duilya Lorien »

It was unsettling being judged by a stranger and one that seemed to look at the world in such a different way than she herself. As his red eyes met with hers she lowered her gaze the smirk made her feel as if she had failed in some test. What was it he found, what sort of first impression have I made without realizing it, is it repairable or is it that I myself would be ashamed to look in the mirror if I noticed the same thing.

“I must admit it the journey wasn’t as hard as it could have been… I was relatively lucky” she grinned brightly “it’s a good thing that you are at home with the natural world around you, that and some creativity which from the sentences earlier which I rarely understood you have, you will prove to be a great Shaper”
She had been avoiding looking up at him in till this point, to afraid that another unknown judgment would be made ad she would be left in confusion, looking up and noticing a rather mischievous smile upon the pale face.

“That question could be taken in a couple of ways, my leafy friend… be the answer to that question that would satisfy all of them is you would have to ask those that I have loved for I can not answer without a certain bias” She smiled with a curious glint in her eye as he continued with talking. I wonder what exactly he meant by that question.

She listened contently to his own description of Shaping and the meaning that it provided for him. Looking at the statue of the Leaf Maiden briefly, she nodded not overly understanding the termology yet respecting the image of it and as all Ahdiel she also enjoyed hearing thing out of poetic terms.
“I will not pretend to understand all of that and I admit when I look onto that leaf I see only the coming sadness of winter, your view is much more poetic” She smiled at last warming up to this fellow. The look on his face seemed sad, this time she could hazard a guess in the emotions he was feeling for she had the same sort of expression earlier in the day.
“It seems like so far to travel before we are able to say we have reached our goal… it doesn’t seem to ever end and both our goals and many more will never be acknowledged for their will always be more information to get, more experience, create better things” She whispered her tone calm and collect.
“I’m Duilya by the way… I thought perhaps introductions were in order, they are usually what occurs at beginning of meeting a new face” She smiled as feeling rather shy and looking down at her feet in the way she use to as a child.

Post by Guest »

True he had a saddened feeling, uncertain if he had succeeded in connecting to the queen of floral life. It was best left as he familiarized himself to the scene and he refocused his attention on the lass. Listening to Duilya he noticed that she had trouble following his thoughts and he had to be even clearer towards her. “Namaste acha, this dreamer you see be named Sesan, nice to meet you Duilya aspiring healer of wounds and curer of ailments. We both share a similar vision I wish to become a restorer and bloomer of vegetation and you of animals. Both our goals are noble and filled with a sense of greater purpose.” His eyes lighted up and a friendly smile appeared over his pale skin.

The dreamer looked at the feet of the possessor and started to chuckle a little. Shyness was something he possessed to some amount but again he never liked showing it. “No need to be timid here you are at the right address, consider yourself among friends here. I know the setting of winter can cause people to feel restrain and lonesome. The falling of leaves is merely a symbol of decline and rebirth, a natural concept aeons old.” Sesan had put some thought into that notion of life and its meaning.

Then it sank in again that sudden flash… that confusing feeling of when he remembered her walking away… his mother

Sesan… had come to terms with the loss of his father, a man he never known. Mother however was another matter at hand… She had left and he knew she had too, still the hurt was deep. She had become nothing more a fleeting memory of what she once was. Losing the essence of life as mourning for her soul mate took toll and made her become a stranger among living. Sesan feared that she had become a lost spirit somewhere trying to seek love wherever she went… Love too what extent… and too what toll would the reciever be charged?

These ideas were mere a flicker in the mind of the rose-coloured blond. It was something he thought about time too time and had shaped his oddness towards people. Now he could not behave like a hesitant child and knew he had too take action. Helping out a maiden in distress was a nice thing to do and that was it. Gazing about he tried locating a nearby priest, novice or shaper. He suggested a small plea would go a long way and surely Duilya would be so utterly grateful.

“Can someone please with the purest of heart help this young maiden with lessons in healing? I myself will be grateful and she will be even more, therefore please can someone come to the aid?”

Dramatics… overdone… must need acting lessons… looking foolish must be laughed at…

Strange it was making such a call in a temple where it was not hard to find a helping hand. He acted as if he came from the far lands desperate seeking a healer too safe his only son… True acting was something he loved too does and the sincerity in the eyes while he gazed around was quite too much. Dropping too one knee he lowered his face and lays his hand in front of his face…

“Is there nobody who can help our poor wretched souls?”

His voice rose as he tried to mimic the sound and motion of an old man on the last of his wobbly legs. Coughing softly he gazed between the space of his fingers to see if anyone responded…

ooc: Consider this a first attempt at wretched acting, overcooked and overdone. ;)
Last edited by Guest on Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Syra
The Chocolate Game Designer

Post by Syra »

Sesan's pleas were greatly reinforced by the layout of the temple, adding a strength to his words that might have better been left out of it. The greatly exaggerated drama caused several people to frown, their meditations disturbed by the overactor.

Immediately an acolyte walked up to them, looking at Sesan with sincere doubt in her eyes. "You are disturbing people." She told him softly, looking at Diulya to see if she was going to be a part of the interruption. "You know perfectly well what people need this place for and it is NOT an impromptu play about your misplaced sense of drama."

Now the young woman took a good look at the both of them. "Neither of you look in need of immediate assisance, so shall we drop the theatricals and get to the point?"

ooc
Sincere apologies for the shortness of this post. Right now I lack information to make this longer :) Will get back to you as soon as I do!
[size=75]Chocolate is not an addiction, it is a way of life.

[/size]

Post by Guest »

There was always an occurrence of when he became hoodwink too the amusement of some and the annoyance of others. Spontaneous he had responded so far still it came to his senses that he had too behave refined. Pulling himself together he got up look at the acolyte and started speaking shooed. Trying to control his antics he made sure his voice just slightly above murmuring.

“Duilya needs a healer… She needs one for reasons of becoming a better one at mending wounds. She loves animals, which is good cause animals love to be loved. Sorry do not blame her for my theatricals it just had a hollow feeling. Do not know how too deal with that…”

Looking a bit uneasy he did not know how too handle his own confusion and just stared blank for a moment. Placing a hand through his hair he started fiddling with it, rolling his eyes as such.

Sesan you got too pull yourself together if this keeps up they are going to throw you out. Think… THINK you have a leaf and it has to become like a piece of nature’s ornament. You will need a shaper of sort, or better you need to get a specialized priestess. Then that will lead to minor knowledge of preserving the little one making it resilient against decay.

The tinker was pouting somewhat while contemplating his next move. Small images flashed by of him speaking out about what troubled him with confidence and zest. The tinker started wondering if the entire place he was in just created a sense of timidity as well awe.

“Strange feelings I been having since I sat here earlier. I want a sister; become a healer and former of trees… I got disturbed a little, caught of my feet during my first meditation cause a leaf fell on me.”

Showing the leaf its reds and golds while softly gentle holding it with care in both hands. Was it not obvious enough it is a symbol of love… small but clear nonetheless.

“I need the woman priestess who helps in befriending the mistress of leaves. I assume it is a woman… I need to talk about the leaf, its meaning and… It’s my symbol of awakening, still I don’t know about the inner ways…”

Great Sesan you are stuttering as well as rambling like a ten year old. Prattling like you have no clue, trying to keep strong as sadness fills you. You are a laughingstock now; they are going to boot you out…

His eyes were gloomy as if he had just ruined everything for self and perhaps even Duilya. For some reason he was unable to express thoughts into matter… Engineering supposed to be the key; still in this culture an engineer had to be a shaper. He needed a form of union too strengthen him and gain someone too watch him and help out in need.

“Forgive my folly… I just need the divine leaf maiden… ”

OOC: Sorry I been acting a bit too vague, apologies. I am trying too set him towards the mistress of the leaves. I reckon he is rather clueless and has no idea too do such a venture.
Finley Ward
Retired staff

Post by Finley Ward »

The acolyte listened to Sesan's words with a slight frown, clearly none too impressed with his behaviour but willing to listen to him, at least, in order to prevent any further disturbances. He eyes took in Diulya's form as he mentioned her, and when he finished she nodded in acknowledgement. Her words, when she spoke, were hushed - in order to respect the others offering their worship in this place.

"You are in the correct place, stranger," She murmured to Sesan first, "The Mother's aspect as the Mistress is worshipped in this place - the temple of the Mother - and I see you have found her altar perfectly." Perhaps there was a slight air of reproach in her voice, as if she were none too impressed with being asked obvious questions. "And you may speak to me, if you have questions. However, allow us to remove ourselves to a more private place; I am not prepared to further disturb the worshippers here with more public chatter."

Turning to Diulya she added, "My dear, if you truly seek a healer, I should go to the barracks of the Emereld Guard... I believe most are there, helping where they might. I do not know how much time they will have for potential students, for I understand they are somewhat busy, but... I will wish you luck. I ea fiadhea ta ealiu."

This last part was spoken in a respectful tone, and with that she beckoned to Sesan to follow her, walking swiftly across the temple to secure space in an small niche, shaped into the side of the tree the temple itself was constructed around. Here on the level that dealt with worship of the maiden, there seemed to be an air of spring in the air. The alcove itself was small, with a brightly coloured mosaic floor and two benches covered in a green satin running down either side. In the centre, on hook grown from a tree branch, a paper lantern shed some small light. The acolyte gestured for Sesan to go inside, where they might have some relative privacy, and then seated herself opposite him and said in quiet, even tones, "What questions might you have, achlaliel...? With what might I assist your worship of the mother?"

Post by Guest »

Sesan gulped as he had embarrassed himself quite open and without proper reason. It was not the first time nor would it be the last he reckoned. He merely stood quiet listening to the acolyte, whilst gazing back and forth between Duilya and her. A small concentration glitch was aching at the back of his mind… It seemed that the maiden was an aspect of the mother… Still how could she have another shrine as well?

He said his farewell with a faint smile and small bow he made his goodbye to Duilya. With subtle pace he followed the acolyte. The place seemed quaint, stylish and vibrant still it only puzzled him even more. With some odd looks he gazed upon the acolyte looking back and forth and now a different devout area.

“Namaste Acha, I was under the impression that the mistress of leaves was a daughter of the goddess… She has to do something with harvest, fall, and floral existence. Now there seems to be also aspects that represent parts of the mother itself.”

The pale tinker gave a mystified glare as his eyes crossed around the area. Of the seasons the only ones that gave him much interest where spring and autumn. The time of growth and decline were when he felt mostly alive. Winter was saddening and depressing no leaves and a chilly blow. Summer was nice… but too warm even though the sea was best served near Kes'Levy.

“I like leaves, still this vibrant spring filled maiden is very much like a sister to her. Is it possible to worship more then one, like this maiden here and the leaf mistress? Is the mistress of leaves an aspect or one of the daughters that sprouted from her hips? How do I know where an aspect is and where a daughter stands and what the mother is in full?”

The mistress had to be a small deity that no one bothered giving a larger shrine. The whole thought of a harvest goddess would be more logical that her shrine would lay elsewhere. Perhaps they were in the fields and marshes where the wild plants grew and the trees touched the heavens?

Sesan lets be honest here you have several aspects, some more known then others. Then you have several daughters, some of those more known then others. Mix them all together you have the goddess of earth and that which we call the mother. How many daughters are there? How many aspects has she got?

Sesan had tons of questions, very little knowledge, and only mouth-to-mouth knowledge to go on. He was trying to analyse a situation… still how could if he had only a few scattered bits of info to go on.
Finley Ward
Retired staff

Post by Finley Ward »

closed at Sesan's request.

Return to “T'aquar Archive”