The War of Clan MacGregor (SH 26th)

Moderators: Vanadius, Mods

Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Gwayne of Vendeling »

After Jack left Gwayne moved a bit closer towards Syrawenn. With all the verbal remarks he kept just nice and quiet. Although it was interesting, he started to wonder where the red haired lady would be, because it was clear that all dreamy people actually existed. Maybe even the witch/demoness existed, that worried him a bit because he called him....Elias. For the thousand time he played with the name but to no avail.

Words passed around him and he listened half at them. then he became aware of Syrawenn's ears... they where reddish...that was odd, had to do something with the guy Gavin he concluded.

"Gwayne, you alright?" Syrawenn said to him. Somehow he had a feeling that she just wanted to switch topic...

A smile appeared on his face while he whispered towards Syrawenn "I was thinking about dreams and people and wondering if you are going to kick the Gavin guy again now you know he is real....."

Then in a bit louder voice he said "I was wondering why I was called Elias, its not even a Adhiel name... it could never be my real name."
The Goddess is at my side, until she decides to leave me...

Posting on possible days Avatar from our lady Finley.. a mistress of capturing dreams and nightmares in word and pictures.
http://pixieface.deviantart.com/
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

For a while Gavin was silent. He shot a glance at Gwayne at his comment about kicking, but chose not to reply. Too much confusion there. Better let it rest a while. See, just how real she is. Yeah, right. Wait and see. Like you would see anything else. She is real, dummy. Live with it. So he did. Forcing himself not to smile whenever he gazed upon the girl was not so hard. Forcing his mind not to fill with emotions was not. They needed to talk. In private, Soon.

Clearing his mind so he could focus on the task, the big man pondered their options. I could leave. Without Abner. Or rather someone else could. I would never do that. Stay here? After what Duncan said? Nope. Not gonna to happen. Meet with Milkhaire? Sure if it is his wish. I can give him that much. But, no meddling in Clan affairs. Them and me, we are finished. Dyimmoryd is so not gonna see my face. And this person coming and bringing something. I have a feeling what this might be. It was not that hard to decide. Swallowing his pride was much harder.

Standing up, Gavin took a few steps away and gazed back towards the Council. Pointing with his hand to the gathering he turned and shook his head. "I am not going back there. Milkhaire wants to meet us? Fine. But, we meet on equal terms. We meet halfway. And we both talk and we both listen to the other talk. If we find a mutual ground, fine. If not.... Well, then we are back where we are now. Amber can wait. But, not for long. If this thing turns out to take too long, it can wait instead. I gave a promise. And I intend to keep it. No matter what. As far as Dyimmoryd is concerned I have to agree with Syrawenn. I am not gonna come anywhere near that place. No way, no how."

His hands was at his side as the big man turned. Taking the few steps back he stood before Abner and crouched so they would be on eye level. "Look, Abner. I know how much this means to you. I share a part of that. But, no matter what we can't allow ourselves to be manipulated by Vaga. Until we know more, I say we stay the Hell away from that place. As for that person who is coming. I think I know what he or she might be bringing. Remember the black stone? The one that started it all? Care to wager that is what Milkhaire is referring to. I doubt Count still has it. And if what you said is true, which I don't doubt, Steward might not be as loyal as everybody thinks."

His hand went to the gnomes shoulder, but he cast his gaze at the others as well. "Now, this Milkhaire. Just what did he tell you about Dyimmoryd? Is that the broken place where we are to meet him? Does he wants us to go there? Cause if he is, then I suggest we get out of here immediately. Something about it gives me the creeps." Distress was obvious in his face. He was afraid and it showed. Not an overwhelming emotion, but one that was not seen in him often.
FORTH they went, the troubled two
To see the world and kick ass too!
[b]Syrawenn and Gavin Saga, Verse 1-2[/b]
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

She had contained the spreading of warmth so nicely and then Gwayne had to comment some more. Her face flushed a bright red for a flicker or two before the girl glared at Gwayne and dared him to say another word on the subject. She almost growled. Allllmost.

There was too much turmoil. Syrawenn had never been one to sit down and reason. She was one to jump on the trail -and to conclusions, for that matter- and be done with it! There was no room in her crowded head for dreams getting even worse than they had been in the past yahren. There was no room for more people trying to manipulate her into things. She just wanted to get the flip out of here and start anew someplace else.

That's panick talking. We don't give in to panick, right?
Wrong. We do it all the time.
Okay, so now we don't cause there's a teensieweensiebittyditty chance that you might just make a difference for a change. That's why you left, remember? So don't go telling me you want out, cause that's not true. Not entirely anyway.
I want...I can't think with that guy around! He's too much like the damn dreams! What if he's really like that, huh? What then? That means there's gonna be trouble. He's gonna insist and I'm gonna insist and then things blow up and I'll hurt him!
Shuddup and find a distraction.

Gwayne.
Yup, useful distraction.

"Gwayne, yer name is Gwayne, not Elias. Stop messing with yer own head. That bitch did quite enough of that. I don't know what she want, but as I said before: if she's trying to tell us things while they could lead to her destruction...then I ain't buying it. So yeah, let's see what Milkey wants and then...wow, Gavin, don't tell me that stuff...no, of course it got to ya. It started with you. With that stone. With the vision. Sorry, shutting up now."

And for sure: the girl twiddled her thumbs ostentatiously and held her breath...and managed for a full two flickers.

"Hey, but a silent and broken place, I don't know what he'd mean, unless it's the broken stones. Sure silent there." Syrawenn offered, carefully keeping her ever-changing eyes away from the big man.
[size=75]Gavin:She's the emerald eyed agent of chaos
Vanir:She's cute, it's her personality that gets in the way
Ulder:Syra is a great shredder of paralysis through analysis
Elvin:We call it the Law of Improbable Syrabilities
Abner Klop
Civus

Post by Abner Klop »

Abner listened to his each of his companions with uncommon concentration. The truth was, he was completely at a loss for how to proceed. There was little, if anything, in the way of concrete information from which to draw conclusions or plan actions. The only thing the gnome was really sure of was the doom that they all faced should they fail. But fail at what? He could not say what they were trying to do, or what success would look like. All they had were some the obscure symbols of dreams and visions and some guesses as to how they all related to each other.

"Please be knowing," Abner finally replied, taking in Gavin, Syrawenn and Gwayne with a glance. "I am not trusting the Vaga-thing any more than you. But we are not having much real informations. She was speaking of Dyimmoryd in the dream, and now the old man is saying he know this place. That is interesting. Vaga say we will be ruined if we go to Dyimmoryd. The man is saying it was being attacked and destroyed and we should not be going there. Everyone say it is important place, and no one is wanting us go there. That is making me very curious. There is something me about this place that is not being told us, and I am wanting find this out — unless one of you is knowing something more about this?" With his final question, the gnome looked pleadingly at the others. he really did hope that one of them could connect some of the dots because they still weren't coming together for him.
"Wel loved he garlek, onyons, and eek lekes,
And for to drynken strong wyn reed as blood"
--Geoffery Chaucer
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

As usual made Syrawenn a lot of comments..

"Gwayne, yer name is Gwayne, not Elias. Stop messing with yer own head. That bitch did quite enough of that. I don't know what she want, but as I said before: if she's trying to tell us things while they could lead to her destruction...then I ain't buying it. So yeah, let's see what Milkey wants and then...wow, Gavin, don't tell me that stuff...no, of course it got to ya. It started with you. With that stone. With the vision. Sorry, shutting up now."

It silenced Gwayne and he watched Syrawenn with large eyes, a bit stunned. Just when he wanted to say something Abner started to talk.

Gwayne was trying to figure out if Abner was a faery .... or not. Not that it mattered off course. But it would explain his way of talking, i made Gwayne feel relaxed, faeries always had a way of ignoring people's differences, although Abner's thinking was more .....clear then most faeries.

Dyimmoryd
Although Abner said the name it did not ring a bell for Gwayne. Although it sounded strangely familiar in his ears.

A glance at Syrawenn made him automatically move in between the youngster and the tall warrior Gavin, as he became aware of the fact that she was uncomfortable around him. He wondered a bit about it because she also seemed very fond of the man. But he had long since learned not to question Syrawenn's moodswings and attitude changes. Sadly enough he had not learned that Syrawenn made her own discissions and did not want him to interfere, so when he became aware of Syrawenns mixed emotions he just did what he always did.

"Dyimmoryd" he said to nobody special. "I don't know the place, but did someone tell why we should stay away ?"

Somehow I have a feeling that the Goddess shall guide our path to that place and I probably wont like it a bit...

"But the idea was to search for the red haired lady called Amber first right ? Or has the plans changed.... Or maybe we should split up and for example Syrawenn and me could search for the lady and we meet up again somewhere else... ?"

Or maybe I just made the remark that shall get me killed by Syrawenn.... pondered Gwayne. He also questioned the reason why he wanted to search for the Lady Amber... Although the conclusion was that it would be smart, Syrawenn would probably be less jumpy when not around the threatening warrior Gavin and if Lady Amber was in trouble, what he assumed whas the case, she would need a helping hand.

Posting on possible days Avatar from our lady Finley.. a mistress of capturing dreams and nightmares in word and pictures.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Once more images flooded Gavin's mind. Disturbing images. Images he wanted to forget, but were burned into his mind with with great intensity. And for once he was grateful he remembered. Words fitted now. He had an idea of what they were talking about. He saw the place. Not surprisingly it was Abner's words that sparked recognition. Or rather, Milkhaire's. Attacked and destroyed. Fits right in. Even the reason for us not to go there. Something happened in that place. Something happened to Hezekiah. And the others. Was that..... Melina? The crucified girl. Or maybe...... Kyra? Is that why she said..... Damn, I need to find Amber. And the others need to know this. It is important.

He almost missed what Gwayne said. "No splitting up. Not yet. You need to know something. This Dyimmoryd. I think I saw that place. When I touched that stone. I shall have to ask Milkhaire to be certain. But, there was a battle in my vision. And Clansmen lost. Many of them were killed. And impaled upon wooden stakes. And there was this girl there. Crucified against the wall. She is the one who called me Hezekiah first. Maybe that place I saw is Dyimmoryd. Seems about right. But, as I said, maybe Milkhaire can help." He rose and turned to Gwayne placing a hand on his shoulder. "I can't tell you what to do. I will never again do that to another man. I can give a suggestion. Wait a bit. Let us talk with Milkhaire. Then we will decide. Okay? And if anyone should go after Amber it is me. I promised."

His gaze fell upon Syra hiding behind Gwayne. "I know you promised too. I made another promise. To a ghost of a little girl. Another Amber. That I will come back to Dort castle. I intend to keep that one too. So, do we need to discuss something else, or what? Cause, if we are done, we need to find some place to wait. Out of the way. And some food. I don't know how long I have been unconscious, but it feels like days." He was indeed famished. And needed something to eat. To get his mind away from problems at hand. To think a bit. Or not to think. Either served fine.
Abner Klop
Civus

Post by Abner Klop »

Gavin's semi-recognition of Milkhaire's description of the Dyimmoryd intrigued Abner. If it was really the place from Gavin's vision, that began to explain both its importance and its danger, though it still was not clear whether it was a place they hould seek or avoid.

"I am thinking maybe it is good to be trying talk again to the old man," Abner offerred. "It is hard to be explaining, but he is sounding me like someone to be trusting. I am wondering how long we must be waiting...." The gnome trailed off for a couple flickers, until a sudden thought snapped his attention onto Syrawenn. "What is this broken stone place you were saying about?" he asked brusquely. "Is it being near to here?"
--Geoffery Chaucer
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Syrawenn listened....and listened....and listened....and her thoughts wandered off...

Strange...very, VERY strange. They were willing to leave me behind on the pawn of I don't know what if I did not agree to the stupid blindfold...and now we are told to simply go...which of course will lead to us figuring out where this meeting place is. So why did they make such a big deal out of it in the first place?

I have no clue where we are now. And this is gonna cost us a LOT of valuable time and possible deaths just because of those assholes attitude. Very interesting indeed.

Amber...we don't know where we are, so which way do we go for Amber? Bloody hell, those idiots with their self-righteous crap are costing way more lives than they'll ever know.

Broken stones...

Syrawenn blinked. Stones? Her attention snapped back to the present at Abner's question. "Sorry, thanks to those flippin morons out there I have no clue where we are, and so I have no clue where to go to find the broken stones. There's some at the beach, that's all I know. The beach where palathingie Peckalot tried to behead some people. So...find the beach and you find the stones and if the sun always sinks in the sea then we should be able to find the beach, but I don't know if that's true, do you?" She tilted her head.

The girl jumped up. "So, we have no clue where whitehair wants to meet us, we have no idea where we are and which way to go. Wonderful. I suggest we leave and just start walking towards where we THINK Amber is, cause the rest is just about hopeless. Come on now, we've rested for quite long enough...no wait, Abner, Gavin, did you eat enough or should I sneak back and erhm... rescue some reserves?"

Innocence beamed off her face.
Vanadius
Moderator & Coordinator Terra West

Post by Vanadius »

The same familiar voice spoke to Abner once more, it was clear and distinct, as if the strange white haired man were whispering in his ear although the Gnome somehow knew no words had actually been spoken.

Bring them Abner... bring them to the broken place...

There was curious sensation then. Much like water being poured into a cup, a picture could be seen in Abner's mind. There was a ring of stones, some standing, some broken, and it became instantly clear to the vegetable scientist where the broken place was that was being referred to.

It would be easy for the little gnome to lead them there, the memory of the place was so accessible in his mind. It was as if he'd been there only burns ago. The vision spoke nothing of beaches or the sea, in fact, it seemed rather the opposite. It was literally a walk down the slope of the mountain and down a short path away from where they stood now. They could all be there in a half a mark if they so choose.

I will be there... and others come... others come....

OOC: Hey all! Working under the assumption that the good Gnome Abner will lead you, please continue here... Feel free to continue on in both threads. :)

https://tazlure.nl/board/viewtopic.php?t=12007
Last edited by Vanadius on Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abner Klop
Civus

Post by Abner Klop »

Syrawenn's answer about the stones was disappointing, and her comments on their overall ignorance about their location were all too accurate. For a moment Abner despaired even getting out of the highlands, let alone making progress in their quest.

Suddenly, the little scientist "heard" Milkhaire's voice in his head again and he "saw" a place he knew instantly as the shaman's desired meeting-spot. It was alarming to have his senses hijacked in this way, but Abner had a good feeling about the strange old man. He yielded to the stream of images and knew where they needed to go. Without hesitation, he straightened up and prepared to leave. "Be coming with me!" he called over his shoulder. "We can be seeing him now. It is not being far. They will be waiting on us."

Before any of the others could even answer, Abner started waddling downhill. He moved slowly enough that it would be simple for the others to catch up, but it was clear that the gnome was not about to wait for further discussion or delay.
--Geoffery Chaucer
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Abner reasoning was as chaotic as ever. The big man did not trust Milkhaire. He was, however, willing to listen to the old man. To give him a chance to earn Gavin's trust. Yet, he remained silent. There was time to reveal his feelings about this whole situation and this was not it. It all sounded too weird for him. Too much magick involved. Gods, how I hate magick. So, when the gnome asked about Syrawenn's stones it was a welcome distraction.

He listened to Syra's words and was just about to answer when his short friend went into another rant. All he could do was chuckle and wait for the others to follow. He turned to Syra and smiled. "I am fine. I can go for a bit more without food. And I know a bit about hunting. As for the stones you mentioned, I may be able to help. I was born in Islay, and while I did not travel much, I know a bit about the forest. And I know only vaguely where Amber is supposed to be. So we might as well try to find those stones of yours."

For a flicker he stopped as if in deep thought an then struck out once more. "My plan was to seek out the sea. It is easy to find Hafne from there. And that is where Amber is supposed to be. Holed up in the Castle there. Now, we better follow Abner and see what Milkhaire is up to. Nobody says we have to obey him. We can however hear what he has to say. Coming, you two?" He held his ground, until the girl and her adhiel companion decided whether to come along or not. He hoped she would come. He wanted her to come. But, it was her choice. He was done with forcing choices on people. With orders.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Follow Abner ? Why

A question that jumped to mind for Gwayne. He did not really know Abner.. so why would he trust the little guy... Faeries could be good or bad. And Abner could be both. Because of Milkhair ? No way... he had the interests of the clan closer to his heart then anything else. Because of the human man Gavin ? He trusted Abner clearly.... but made Syrawenn who's affection was clear very uncomfortable... And remembering the red hairs reaction... he had hurt women before.

Gwayne sighed when he looked at the options. Staying...following Abner or moving towards a new horizon. Being a loner did not really help in this case. His eyes turned to Syrawenn when he said "We could just leave and do something else. We could just starting a search for Amber, or we could go to the pixies.... or go after a bastard knight we still have a meeting with. What do you want Syrawenn ?

He watched the sky for a sign, although the Goddess always left choices to the mortals. Gwayne remembered Aetya, the first time they met. So beautiful... as always was the picture of the bathing woman followed by a more awful picture of the same woman's body cut in two laying on the ground in a pool of blood.

He wanted to move, but not following the little man. Other tasks where still there.

"I want to avenge Aetya Syrawenn" he spoke softly but with fire hidden in his voice. "I don't want to go on a wild goose chaise... when there is still unfinished business. Even going after Amber would be better..."

Then he realised that Amber looked a bit like Aethya.... Something that made him shiver when a new picture lingered in front of his eyes... A new body.....

Never!!!

Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Abner knew where to go.

Syrawenn's shoulders dropped. "Ahh, shit." She mumbled, all chances at a quick exit towards Amber lost. "There we go again."

And with a huge, melodramatic sigh she followed the little gnome.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Disappointed by the fact that Syrawenn did not react to his question stayed Gwayne behind while the others followed Abner.

He watched the tree's and the sky, trying to figure out what to do. Hafne the man said. Gwayne nodded, well hafne it shall be. It would be nice to be on his own again without the bothers of other ....people.

And if it was true... well then they would meet again. The Goddess will's, it was time to follow the trail of the Goddess anyway. He touched the dagger on his back.

Quickly he followed Syrawenn and said "I won't follow the little man I go straight to hafne, I hope that we meet there again. Goddess will's."

Reluctantly he prepared to move off.

Syrawenn knows what to do. Now for the castle in Hafne...

A stone made a comfortable seat while Gwayne made some plans for the future. He needed to get information, to know how to get to Hafne from this place and other things...

He took the ritual dagger in his hands, maybe it would be a good idea to talk with a Priestess. Ever since he killed those men with the weapon he wondered if he had done something wrong. Because those men where not willing to die. Besides that, he also wanted to know where Peccia was..... Anger flowed through his veins.

Then his eyes scanned the surroundings. He needed someone to give him answers, sitting on a stone would make no difference in any way.
Last edited by Gwayne of Vendeling on Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

It seemed now that the council had been thrown into a bit of confusion. Whereas order once reigned, now a chaotic randomness seemed to permeate the area as members from the various delegations decided how to best continue without whom they recently viewed as representatives from Dort and the Count.

As the others moved off, it was easy to see the various delegations from the assembled clans milling about. These were all types of clansmen, from easy to identify priestesses of the Mother with their rods made from grain and wheat stalks, to warriors with their weapons. Children of all clans ran freely about, and Gwayne even caught a glimpse of Ardra and Cullen helping serve food and drink to some of the elders.

The strange Shaman Milkhaire even stood from his uncomfortable looking stone bench and began walking off into the trees. Duncan and Ymir went off to follow, but he drew a line in the dirt with his heel and they went no further than that boundary. The tall warriors both watched him disappear into the trees with a concerned and cautious eye.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

A quick flip of the knife made it disappear back into the scabbard on his lower back. He looked down on his backpack concluding that he had less to carry nowadays then with what he started when he left home. He needed to pick up some clothing before he would get a real cold.

Watching the people around he noticed the children, it brought as always a smile at his face. Children where a real blessing he concluded, and his future in this area a bleak one. He shook his head to get these stupid thoughts out of it when he became aware of the priestesses.

With swift pacing he moved towards them. It was time to get answers and some bothers of his chest. The wind felt cold on his bare skin, although he got a shirt, it was now stuffed in the backpack.

approaching in front of one of the Priestesses he wanted to speak quickly, just to find out that his mouth was shut and dry and his fears roared around in his stomach.

"Um... Prii... Um.... I am the son of Ferlong.. um.. I"

Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

The Mouth and Hands of Milkhaire returned to their places. In low, hushed tones they were discussing something, but they finished quickly and began to eat. It seemed that the Council as a whole decided now would be a good time to eat before they got started again.

The Priestess Gwayne approached was tall and fair skinned. Her copper colored hair floated gently in the breeze. She was mature and stood her ground surely and calmly despite how fast Gwayne approached her. She turned and regarded him carefully, resting her gaze fully upon him. Her eyes and expression softened greatly when she saw how much trouble he was having in speaking with her.

"Be at peace son of Ferlong. You have no enemies here. What is it? What can I do for you?"
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

The reaction of the lady released some of the stress Gwayne was expressing. After a few gasps of air he started to tell about his fears and worries. he told the lady about Korey-man and his untimely end. About Aetya who served but was crushed by the dominicus servant Peccia, and his pain about his failure to bring the man down. He told about his service to the Goddess and his feeling of failure because he used the ritual knife to kill the unbelievers... Then he told about his fear that somewhere a girl called Amber and a girl called Syrawenn would suffer the same fait as Aetya, and that he would not be able to cope with that...

He spoke about his fears that the foreigners who came would separate the people, not by bringing in a new religion but by separating them in Good and Bad people, something that was his own problem and he never never never wanted to be imposed on others. He told about his distrust of the ultimate goals of shaman Milkhaire.... and that he didn't know what to do anymore now he failed the Goddess as well, because a mercybringer and a warrior of the Goddess should always be sure about what he should do and never doubt...

And although the tears where fighting to get out, they still stayed in. As last he told that he thought about going to Hafne, although he knew it was risky, To make sure that the woman called Amber would be save because suddenly the little man Abner had suddenly known where to go and the others had followed him.

And then being a little bit more calm he also told about the dream that he/she/we shared and the names that the groupmembers where given. His story ended abrupt before telling that Syrawenn in her own silly way had entered his heart because of shared loneliness. But who's own heart had given to the warrior Gavin...

Then he was empty....tired...wasted....out of breath after the verbal explosion and waiting for her answer while he dropped down on his knees, unable to speak anymore.
Last edited by Gwayne of Vendeling on Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Were not for the fact you had drugged me, taken my equipment, and dragged me off to who knows where. I would have believed you, but you did so.. Kelsyk let out a sigh and shook his head. Now where did Abner get to? Still mumbling to himself slightly at Duncan's response, Kelsyk looked around trying to spot the gnome. He spotted the gnome talking with Gavin, the girl and the elf. I never did get around to finding out who that elf is. He started wandering over towards Abner, intending to get into the conversation.

Kelsyk paused slightly as he saw Abner break away from the group and walk away. he faintly heard Abner call over his shoulder. Seeing him now, seeing who? And where are we going? Seeing the gnome just walking off, Kelsyk jogged after him trying to catch up.
Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

The priestess listened to the tumble of words and emotions that spilled forth from Gwayne with empathy and compassion. Her eyes were soft and she nodded along as he spoke, as if the simple act of listening would help ease this man's suffering. She patted his shoulder reassuringly, consoling him that everything would be alright.

When he was finished and spent, and went to his knees, she followed him down and knelt beside him and spoke to them.

"Dear child, carrying around such heavy thoughts will sink you. It is good that you have come to share them with me. You are strong. You carry much, and are very determined. You have the blessings of the Mother in you. But you are still just one man, and have all the limitations of one. The Mother asks different things of each of us, but surely she has not asked you to bear the burden and task of saving us all."

"It is unfortunate and sad that some must die because of the actions of another. But your mercies are little different from anyone else's. Bearing a weapon to defend yourself and the lives of those around you is a function of the ritual knife. Were it not, why would be in the shape of a knife to begin with?"

She adjusted herself and the way she sat, trying to be more comfortable, so she could be more comforting.

"Child of the Mother. Vengeance is a hollow pursuit. It can never lead you to a place of peace or enlightenment. In can never bring back those who have been lost, or that which has been destroyed. It only brings more pain and more death, and the desire for it from someone else's perspective. It is a swirling pool of entropy and pulls down all those that seek it at its door."

"You are strong child. Seek purity and sustenance in that strength. Faith shall sustain you against those who would do away with us. Faith shall sustain you in times of doubt or worry or defeat. You can never fail the Mother as long as you are faithful to her and let her guide your steps. For better or worse, death and failure is a part of this world. Many would do us ill for their own gain, or love another when we wish for them to love only us. Many die in unjust ways and for unfair reasons. We are tested by the Gods themselves to this end each and every day. The Mother watches our actions and reactions to this, judging us on how we live, not how we die."

"I cannot choose your path for you. The Mother has bestowed you with the power and will to make those decisions for your self. But your distrust of the one called Milkhaire is unfounded, and frankly not based on anything you know, but only on what you assume to be true with him. Seek him out. Quiet your mind. Listen to his him. His path is more like yours than I think you may realize. He too seeks to defy this new religion, and defend his people. He is haunted by the deaths and destruction that has flowed from his hands. But he understands that there is a peace that can only be found on the other side of struggle. He told me once, that the rocks in the riverbeds were once rough and jagged. But through their fight against the endless water, they have become smooth and more forgiving to the eternal rush. This is what he seeks for all of us child. That we can become smooth and polished and pure in our endless struggle against the torrents of this world. Ask him. He will tell you."

She paused for a moment. Trying to gauge his reactions to her words.

"If this Amber is worth saving, then save her. If this Syrawenn is worth loving, then love her. If this Peccia is worth ending, then end him. The paradox is that most likely all of these are true, and yet you will not be able to complete them all. But which would the Mother choose for you? Which of these would you choose for yourself? These are questions that will never be answered here in the dirt. They must be faced. They must be examined and they must be answered with deed and action."

Her hand brushed his hair gently, like a mother.

"Those who have never tasted what is bitter, can never know what is sweet. May the blessings of the Mother go with you child. Seek out her wisdom within you..."

She stood and brushed the bits of grass and loose earth from her dress and left him to his destiny. She was convinced at that point, that only he could choose his path, and that she had given him all the help she could to help him in his decision.
Last edited by Vanadius on Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

The words of the priestess engulfed Gwayne and he drank them in like a man dieing of thurst would drink the water that saves his life.

His eyes where focused on hers while she spoke he unable to say anything but the words eased his mind and gave him back the control about his feelings. Her words flowing around him.

"Dear child, carrying around such heavy thoughts will sink you. It is good that you have come to share them with me. You are strong. You carry much, and are very determined. You have the blessings of the Mother in you. But you are still just one man, and have all the limitations of one. The Mother asks different things of each of us, but surely she has not asked you to bear the burden and task of saving us all."

"It is unfortunate and sad that some must die because of the actions of another. But your mercies are little different from anyone else's. Bearing a weapon to defend yourself and the lives of those around you is a function of the ritual knife. Were it not, why would be in the shape of a knife to begin with?"

He had not done wrong when he used the knife to kill the foreigners and he was still in tune with the Goddess, his fear that he had failed her was born out of insecurity but not the truth. Silently he concluded that he had still much to learn.

"Child of the Mother. Vengeance is a hollow pursuit. It can never lead you to a place of peace or enlightenment. In can never bring back those who have been lost, or that which has been destroyed. It only brings more pain and more death, and the desire for it from someone else's perspective. It is a swirling pool of entropy and pulls down all those that seek it at its door."

"You are strong child. Seek purity and sustenance in that strength. Faith shall sustain you against those who would do away with us. Faith shall sustain you in times of doubt or worry or defeat. You can never fail the Mother as long as you are faithful to her and let her guide your steps. For better or worse, death and failure is a part of this world. Many would do us ill for their own gain, or love another when we wish for them to love only us. Many die in unjust ways and for unfair reasons. We are tested by the Gods themselves to this end each and every day. The Mother watches our actions and reactions to this, judging us on how we live, not how we die."

Gwayne wanted to shout "But how to handle the pain left behind when vengeance is not there...", his lips where sealed and no words left it. He just listened and learned, viewing the world through eyes although not changed, still watching a slightly different world appear.

"I cannot choose your path for you. The Mother has bestowed you with the power and will to make those decisions for your self. But your distrust of the one called Milkhaire is unfounded, and frankly not based on anything you know, but only on what you assume to be true with him. Seek him out. Quiet your mind. Listen to his him. His path is more like yours than I think you may realize. He too seeks to defy this new religion, and defend his people. He is haunted by the deaths and destruction that has flowed from his hands. But he understands that there is a peace that can only be found on the other side of struggle. He told me once, that the rocks in the riverbeds were once rough and jagged. But through their fight against the endless water, they have become smooth and more forgiving to the eternal rush. This is what he seeks for all of us child. That we can become smooth and polished and pure in our endless struggle against the torrents of this world. Ask him. He will tell you."

A bit of guilt flowed through Gwayne's veins when she told that Milkhaire was not the person he silently accused him to be. And although he knew that for now he would never trust him, he also had never given him a real chance to talk to him. He had just judged him by old experience's old wounds that never healed. It was actually his own distrust of himself that had made him distrust Milkhaire....Gavin.....and even Syrawenn.
Maybe.... no not maybe was the conclusion that Gwayne struck.. He had to talk, to solve this for his own good. He had to talk and to learn to listen, like he listened to the voices of the animals and tree's. Like the earth telling him where people and animals went. He had to learn....
But the priestess words flowed on cutting short the thoughts, filling him whit new ones.

"If this Amber is worth saving, then save her. If this Syrawenn is worth loving, then love her. If this Peccia is worth ending, then end him. The paradox is that most likely all of these are true, and yet you will not be able to complete them all. But which would the Mother choose for you? Which of these would you choose for yourself? These are questions that will never be answered here in the dirt. They must be faced. They must be examined and they must be answered with deed and action."

Gwayne nodded slowly. There was nothing wrong with caring and loving people. Syrawenn was in a way wonderful but not his, she would never be. It would not stop him from loving her in a certain way. He would find his own in time. Maybe even a love... something deep inside him denied that, but was ignored.

Her hand was soft and tender just like the last words she spoke.

"Those who have never tasted what is bitter, can never know what is sweet. May the blessings of the Mother go with you child. Seek out her wisdom within you..."

He watched her leave. Then he made himself more comfortable on the earths bed, tasting the words the priestess spoke. Listening to the birds and the other animals. Watching the children....children. He concluded that the priestess was right, insecurity and fear made inactive and now was a time of action, he would face his fears he concluded and fight and defeat them one by one. Answers would be found, and he would make his parents and the Goddess proud... Afterall he was Gwayne, son of Ferlong and mercybringer of Clan O'Toole. If facing death could not bring him to his knee's what could ?

A smile appeared on his face. The dead lived on inside him, that was something to be grateful for, it was not a curse. Loving a person was something be grateful for, not a curse. Being able to help and save his people was a blessing as well... Maybe, just maybe he had been wrong by looking only at his failures. Peccia would pay for his deeds, but not out of vengeance, how sweet that could be. But by saving the people from a deadly enemy. Aetya would be saved by keeping her in his heart so she would never....never.....never die.

Gwayne rose back to his feet. It was time to get answers. And the best road to the answers was Milkhaire and the others. Besides.... then he would be around Syrawenn again. The smile broadened, and he started to run. The tracks where still fresh it should not be difficult.

Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

OOC: Seeing as all the peeps are running off to the other thread. I think it's time to close this one out.

Locked!
Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

OOC: and skilled too!

:D

Return to “Dort Archive”