To look at the sea, tells us of our mortality

Moderators: Syra, Dartimos Hammer, Mods

To look at the sea, tells us of our mortality

Post by Guest »

(Samheen 26th Early Gravetide)

When the party was winding down Loraith decided he needed some meditation, nothing more would be gained. He decided to have a walk down the beach and then walk back and venture home, how he had missed the nights on Kislovan, the humidity hung in the air like a veil, it gave a sensation like a thousand light kisses upon an upturned face. And as he looked upwards he saw the heavens, so high and so far. Pinpricks of destiny, how insignificant he was next to the sea, the heavens and the sheer number of grains of sand.

He began to walk for the shore, but along the way caught the eye of Alustriel. Giving her a wink and a grin he walked onwards hoping she would follow him. He began to walk not looking back, hoping she would be by his side soon.
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

Post by Alustariel Urdil »

Alustariel chuckled quietly but at first refused to follow him. She had been sitting in the sand with her boots off. feeling the cool, gritty sand between her toes. She wasn't sure whether or not he had followed her down here, Alu had come simply to sit and reflect, staring into the dark waters of the sea. Indeed, Alu too was reflecting how she missed Kislovani nights.

"Loraith... " she said, bringing a sly, playful tone into her melodic voice. Realising that he was not going to reply and simply keep on walking, Alustariel scowled and jumped up, dashing nimbly to his side, the wind swirling her silver hair wildly now that she had taken out her silk scarf.

"This is not a chance encounter is it?.... I think we both knew we'd be here" she smiled and nudged him softly with her elbow.
[i]Abara kadabara, alakazaaaaam![/i]
Posting on Tuesdays and Thursdays

Post by Guest »

Loraith looked at her and smiled softly, his head then darted once again to look before himself, "No sometimes things are meant to happen." He looked upwards at the sky, "Although fate is a most fickly beast, I have been watching you all night as I am sure you are aware." He turned to her, "My human blood gives me traits these Adhiel do not have, traits with both a light and a dark side. Jealousy is a burning trait, there is no finer way for one to be motivated, and yet it serves as the lead weight on the tumble to oblivion." He looked out to sea again, that great softly swaying mass, untouched for miles, ever changing and yet silent. "In this time I feel having humanity about me may prove to be an advantage, I do not think any Adhiel would have come and enticed you onto this beach." He looked at her, and continued walking as he did, "You are so very beautiful and they will play the game of love with you, weave about you for it is their way but to secure you alone would be too much in line with the teachings of Pan." He let out a sigh, "But alas I am part human and I could not resist."

His hand began to softly touch hers, as though he were timid. His index finger tried to find its way into the palm beginning the most human process of holding hands. "You will forgive me but...not to act as a dog under their feet and to indulge in proper...life is refreshing." He looked upwards again and smiled, "I wanted you here with me for a very simple reason....when I look up at the stars I feel so small. We are but pinpricks of fate, it troubles me how unimportant I am in destiny, and...and the curious thing is when I am with you I seem to care less, I seem to be more important in the scheme of things." He gently continued his gentle probing into her hand smiling at her as he walked.
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

Alustariel merely looked at him, and as he talked, her smile got ever wider. Pleasing were his words to her ear and she let him caress her hand without complaint.

"By Pan, You can talk" she whispered, a playfull sense till tinging her words as her own hand out to play with a strand of Loraith's golden hair, carefull not to pull it too far out of place.
Alustariel looked the handsome achadhiel square in the eyes "I see there is one similarity we share, the fact that neither of us are truly adhiel - in a sense. You by birth, and that is no fault to you. I, by the mere fact that my whole life, save for the recent years, has been spent away from Adhiel society and more with human company...."

".... Your desires are not uncommon to me"

She looked up to the stars with him. though she frowned at his words. Loraith spoke of destiny, yet he spoke like one who was a master of his own destiny "How small a part could you have, when you know nothing of the destiny that awaits you. Your destiny is yours, as mine is mine, that makes us very important - from our own point of view"

Alustariel coughed quietly and looked away. Looking back at Loraith, her smile remained and she began dancing her fingers around his shoulders

"Oh, bother, Loraith, let's not get too philosophical.... your simple reason for wanting me here is ... well, far from simple, but very touching"

(Edit: Spelling)
Last edited by Alustariel Urdil on Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:20 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post by Guest »

"You think I can talk my dear Alustriel, let me tell you that the very essence of Kislovan is to talk and yet to say nothing, this is the great game we play, the game of society." He chuckled and bit his lips gently as his hand continued its gently probing, it was as though he was as if he knew there was such an action as holding hands but found putting the theory into practice. "But you speak of great things, of destiny, I once heard a philsopher say that our fates were not contained withing the stars, that was a way for us to forever view advancement as beyond our grasp, nay our fates lie deep within ourself perhaps, we are the arbiters of our own destinies. We are the watchers of the future and the painters of what is left to come." He smiled at her, turning, "All I know thusfar my dear Alustriel is this, the fates have taken me to this point and for that I am thankful, our lives lie intertwined I feel, let the two outcasts of Kislovan be together and perhaps together we might acheive something." With a flick of his head he looked at her, his hair was gently caressed by the wind before being dropped. A thousand gusts of tempestuous wind flew about him, behind him was the resolute blackness of the night sea, and before him the darkness of the land. Her silver hair and her shining face were his world for that moment.

"We must not speak of great things, I agree, philosophy is for scholars and I am not a scholar that much is so." His head tilted slightly, "Revel in Pan's company, and kiss me you most enchanting being." He smiled at her and closing his eyes began to lean into her gently.
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

Alu chose not to reply, she could sense it too. Loraith and Alu had something that was as frightening as it was ecstatic, and inntely chemical - wherever their lives may lead them, they were now entwined together - whatever that might mean on either case. Yes, entwined. Alu smirked

Without another word, Alustariel flung her arms around Loraith, a moment of passion enveloped her and she let her lips find his. She was utterly taken with the moment. The stars, the sea, the scoundrel - it was all very overwhelming.

This is madness she thought all the while, letting herself fall into Loraith's charm But it's happened before, why should it not happen again?

Alu did not let go, this was enjoyable.... after all.
Last edited by Alustariel Urdil on Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Loraith has not quite expected her to be filled with a sudden wave of passion, his own slow approach was quickly found wanting as she wrapped her arms around him and for a moment he was very much being kissed as opposed to taking the lead. Loraith's right hand crept behind her neck holding her into the kiss, his left rested on the small of her back holding her gently into him in a similar fashion. He held her fairly firmly casually exerting his influence on her.

At first his mouth merely moved against hers, enjoying the action and the taste of her mouth. After thirty second but what seemed to Loraith a thousand eternities he withdrew his mouth a few inches and smiled gently. As he whispered his words his hot breath caressed her face, "let us lie on the sand for a time and feel it shift beneath our backs? We might kiss more and hold each other, and my dear Alustriel I hope never to let you go at present." He released his grip allowing her to move backwards onto the sand, yet he gripped enough so that if she decided to lie backwards he would follow her.
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

"Easy, boy" Alu whispered, smiling. For a time she was simply happy to remain in Loraith's embrace, it had been a long while until somebody had held her such. Though she was sure Loraith's tenderness was due to the lust-filled state they had entered - whatever implications that might have.

Alu drew closer again and propped her head over his shoulder so she could speak right into his ear. "Don't rush this. You have ensnared me, Kasvenir, tempted and seduced me - and you will have your prize tonight - but be slow, Loraith. Your heated desires mirror mine, yet to be hasty would undo their beauty and elegance"

She slipped back from him nonetheless and lowered herself into the sand. "But come, my witty romantic, lay by me, hold me ...." she kissed him again as she decended ".... and behave" she smiled impishly. She tugged him down with her into the sand, her fey laughter sounding again.

Post by Guest »

Loraith smiled, and whispered gently, "My Lady Alustriel I do not desire carnal embracing, I merely wish to hold you and lock my lips against yours." He made a gentle purring noise, as he was pulled down to the floor he smiled, this was a perfect moment. Gently he lay beside her, his hands found positions on her body and held her to him. "My Lady I am shocked, I always behave." He giggled and kissed her, his lips gently pressing against hers for a moment before pulling away.

Control however had always been wonderful in the world of Loraith and now was no exception, looking down at his supposed prize he was filled by a feeling of lust and more he felt powerful over the prey. He knelt over her, smiling and just delighting in looking at her. Every few moments he would lean down and kiss her, his hand rubbed her side. "I shall have my prize tonight my Lady, so you intend to spend some time at my estate, you know considering how well we are getting on, perhaps my Lady would consider packing up her home wherever that may be and taking residence in my chambers hmm? And of course her brother could be provided with rooms as well." He leant down again pushing his lips against hers, one of his hands rested on the side of her face as he enjoyed the feeling, what was that feeling? Perhaps it was the first feelings of commitment, perhaps it was the feelings of the first moment spent with a lover.
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

Alu's face suddenly went stone cold serious. Had she misjudged this cad of a caper? She usually had a good perception of people, but this was unexpected.

"Loraith, are you sure?" she said quietly "To be honest, I have taken you for face value, expectant that when morning comes you would be out on the town to seek another maiden with which to play the sport of wooing ... and I would have respected that wish and gone my seperate way - happy to have spent a passionate moment in your arms" her hand brushed the side of his cheek and followed down to take his hand in hers. "I'm sorry, that probably upsets you ... I am often presumptious though I dont speak of my assumptions at first meeting"

She let a moment of quiet pass between them, but slipped forward to bestow another kiss.

"If you want me, I am yours for the taking. If you are certain that you wish to pursue me, and be mine as I would be yours - for more than a night's revels, then I would gladly be your lover and take your chamber as mine too. I would respect that wish as well"

Alustariel groaned and rolled back into the sand.

"I've judged you poorly, and have broken our fun. Can you forgive me?"
Last edited by Alustariel Urdil on Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Guest »

Loraith brushed a few locks of his hair behind his head and let his mouth curl into a grin. "It is a very silly man who throws away anything after a short period, but I am afraid you have fallen for my facade. It pays to have many here, many different faces to assume when the time calls for them. Why acting the cad allowed me to spark your interest, and well with so many powerful men about I had to present myself as interesting." He let out a light laugh at her offending him, "Oh my Lady Alustriel after the way that pompous fool Morenduir treated me do you really think anything you say could offend me. But yes you shall share my chambers, I only moved into them today actually so you shall have a fair chance to add a feminine touch." He chuckled at his joke before brushing his stray hair back again, revealing his face fully.

"While we are in this mood, I should like to clarify our situation so we run into no arguments later. The nature of Kislovan is one not founded upon morality; I being partially human only adhere to part of the dogma. I shall however in time need to secure a political marriage but that is a disadvantage of my position. Yet I do not intend to marry for some time, I hope however you are not the jealous type my Lady Alustriel, I shall mingle with women and I am sure you shall mingle with men in society, but as long as we both find our way to each other at the end of the evening then all shall be well." He giggled gently, in an almost childlike manner "You have not broken the fun, but if you require it you are forgiven." Once more his lips found hers; they lingered for a moment before he withdrew once more.

"I must arise early tomorrow to warn you, I have to venture to the archives for some family business." he chuckled, "I shall have very little sleep it seems but I always seem to sleep better when I have a warm body nearby to cuddle during the night."
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

"You assume a fair amount, and require me to understand about as much" she smiled, before really realising how cryptic that might sound. She was about to commit to a man whom she had known only for an hour or more - who intended to marry another.... who he did not know whom. Alustariel, however, was not the jealous sort, not yet anyway. She would have her fun with Loraith - and if her feelings deepened for him whilst she remained with him, then she would cross that bridge of emotions when she encountered it.

"Your Mistress I am then" she kissed him on the forehead and rolled back in the sand to gaze up at the stars. This was going to be a very interesting relationship indeed. "And when morning comes, I will go about my own affairs, maybe to meet you again when Lady Night brings her dark cloak about the world"

"Tomorrow I too shall rise early, as to be a Sorceress, I still need teaching"

Alustariel snuggled up to Loraith and pressed the side of her head against his chest.

"Does your house have a resident Sorceress mayhaps? I am so tired of training with Males" she elbowed Loraith playfully.

Post by Guest »

"Yes my Lady we may well part in the morn and as the night embraces the fleeting sky, we may well meet again. But do not misunderstand me, I do not wish for your company in the night only. No I quite intend for you to have your affairs and I shall have mine, and yet I should hope that we might share some affairs. After all how else am I to show off my beautiful companion to all who care to watch? My ego demands that you be on my arm on some occasions."

He let out a little exclamation of knowledge as Alu spoke more, "Ah a Sorceress, well I am sure my cousin has her own magical servants but I feel alas they are in the country with her, I have been left with few servants of my own." He chuckled gently while stroking a hand through her hair, "But I hope you shall train with males at least a little bit, I have a rather hectic training schedule ready for your general fitness, I should like to put you through your paces." He giggled softly and stroked her scalp a little more.

"But seriously, if you find a teacher while I am sure she shall teach you purely for your talent, do not be afraid to call upon me and my name. My name is my main power, and I should have you use it when it is necessary. The great houses here hold power and people tend to loosen when they realise they deal with them even if it is indirectly." He leaned down and kissed the top of her head. How he would cherish her, at present she was an artwork, something beautiful Loraith had obtained, something to be touched and worshipped. Yet he had no doubt she would become more to him in time, if they were together for a few days. Loraith's heart had a strange ability to overpower his lust quickly, he was a being who fell into love rapidly when the conditions were right.

He held her close to him and looked up at the stars, for this moment his life was wonderful. The sea lapped steadily at the beach, making a plesant noise that seemed to wash over him. He closed his eyes and merely became one with nature, still he decided to break the silence with further light conversation, "Alu? Tell me, besides being a trainee sorceress what tasks to you do on this island? Or are you merely focused on your one goal?"
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

"No, but you must understand that being a sorceress allows me to attain my further goals more easily. So in some regard,I must be single-goaled, at least for a little while yet. And to avoid becoming horridly boring .... I will come to court and indulge in it's intrigues!"

Alustariel continued to gaze up at the stars "To be frank, there is one little adventure I plan to embark on here - that of the tensions between Brotherhood and Firelords. Don't ask me why, or else I'll sound like some snooty do-goody prat. But it must be obvious to you that I am not wholly Kislovani in my thinking, many years in the Citadel and Taloh have made me a rather moderate woman"

She relaxed into him, enjoying their surroundings, she had not expected this encounter to reach so deep - but she was so comfortable with the achadhiel - uncertain ... but comfortable. "An adventuress I have been, and I have not had my fill of that either, remember that"

Her misty grey eyes looked up at him, she was smiling again. "And what about you, my love?" a small smirk was made of the smile, though it was well-meant "I see you as one that wants prestige here, power ... wealth ... not that those are bad things in their raw form" she rolled over on him and danced her fingers from his chest to his chin.

"Lord Loraith, what do you wish to achieve in this mortal coil?"

Post by Guest »

"My Lady look at me, I sit in between worlds do I not, I am tolerated by the Adhiel and treated with mistrust by humans, here I do not fit in but I should give you advice. Do not become involved with the great chasm that rips this island in two." He looked at her sternly, "The Firelords are a power stretching well above us my dear, why I wager both your friends at dinner were members. I would not be suprised if someone tries to gain the trust of your brother and induct him." He smiled gently, "But we shall be sure to fend them off no? We share sentiment, though I aspire to my Adhiel side as opposed to my human roots, and I seek to gain acceptance among my peers."

He sighed gently, acceptance was something Loraith craved greatly. How he wanted to rise up and be on the level of those he had sat with at dinner. But her comment about love quite caught him off guard, "Love my dear? Love I find is the most misplaced of emotions, when we are young we commonly encounter anger, jealousy, happiness and all, but love? It remains elusive does it not? It is the beast with two horns ready to impale us when it sees fit and forge us forever with its rampaging energy." He smiled and touched her nose with a finger, "Perhaps my little adventuress seeks love, the most daunting and challenging of adventures." He giggled and gently stroked her hair again, tenderly he played with a lock winding it steadily round his finger.

"I wish for many things in life, to be precise I seek to do my cousin's bidding, I seek to do a task for my cousin which involves me obtaining a document from the archives, and then I hope I shall be allowed to see my relative the Queen, I hope to gain prestige that way, after all when one is close the the Queen one tends to rise quickly." He looked down at Alu's face as she flipped over, resting his hands behind his head he allowed her to tease him. "But I shall be happy if in a short period I have my knighthood, a position of power in government, am the heir to the my family, and of course have you somewhere near my dear." He smiled and playfully stuck his tongue out at her. "So Lady Alustriel, tell me of your magik, so I know how many liberties I can take with you. I do not desire to be set alight by an angry mage." He smiled and allowed his hands to wrap round her holding her tight to him again.
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

Alustariel sat in silence for a long time, the words that Loraith had spoke echoed in her mind 'the great chasm that rips this island in two' that was precisely why she intended to get involved - Kislovan was worth nothing to nobody if she was not whole.

"Pish, Loraith! Love!" she laughed "I do use the word as deeply and lightly as I feel fit" she said in a mock-stubborn voice but it was clear that her earlier comment, slipped out by carelessness, had not gone unnoticed by Loraith. "True enough you are, I have felt such emotions before, affection, lust, desire" she said, a tad unconfident in her own words " - they are easily confused with love are they not?"

"As for my magick, you have not much to fear, I can barely control my abilities. My brother though, is well ahead of me, a shining example of the University's finest. I know he may seem a little stand-offish, but he's only being protective, he's never really seen his sister being courted before. I think you'll like each other ... eventually"

Alu sighed deeply, it had been a long time since she had felt this relaxed.

"Loraith, do you think they'd notice if we slipped away?"
Last edited by Alustariel Urdil on Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

"Yes emotions can become muddled, but I imagine love to be so pure it will shine past the confusion. And as for your brother, I am more than happy to give him time to like me, bit I am not sure any brother can like a man who is so obviously attracted to his sister." He giggled again and writhed gently under her, getting more comfortable. "But as for magik, if you cannot control it maybe I have more to fear? But come you shall find yourself well trained before long and shall be able to compete with your brother." He chuckled and locked his eyes upon her again, "Well as for slipping away, it is a good prospect but we should fetch your brothr first should we not? And I am sure our gracious hosts want to say goobye to you, would give them another chance to oggle you." He giggled and his hands launched a small attack on her ribs, tickling tends to accompay a joke well. "Come let us go and fetch your brother, and we can inform a servant of our leaving. Then we can continue this discussion in more...comfortable surrounds." With her on top of him he waited for her to stand and free him.
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

"Good point, I don't want to leave Ashtallion to Morniendur and Argil, especially Argil ... theres something about him, he's been snooping around to find out who Asht is ... I'm sure of it, I was careful not to mention Asht's name when I met Argil the other day - the fact that he would do that makes me curious"

Alustariel slipped off Loraith and stood up, dusting bits of sand from her gown and straightening the fabric where crinkles had occured.

"But we should not think on that now, let us fetch him and make our withdrawal - My, Delanedra still may have to sing - I do feel some regret that we'll miss that, she's such a pretty, innocent thing"

" ... oh, do get up Loraith" she giggled "My brother is probably bored out of his wits, lets go save him!"

Post by Guest »

Loraith scrambled up and began to wipe sand off himself, he also brushed some sand off Alustriel where he saw it. Smiling he ran a hand through her hair while shaking his sending grains of sand about him in a cascade. "I am not sure I fit a heroic role, I shall not leap inside and save your brother. But we might be able to quietly tug him away from Argil, and I hope our appearance makes Lord Morenduir jealous, if there was ever an ego needed to be broken then it is his." He smiled and began to walk back towards the dinner area presumably with Alustriel in two. "So my Lady while we walk, what exactly do you wish to do about the Firelords? I do not wish you to needlesslyfind yourself in danger, you are much wiser in attacking the Firelords from a position of power, even then it would be nearly impossible."
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

Alustariel raised an eyebrow, her trademark smirk re-appearing on her face "Why Loraith, you mean to make Morniendur jealous? This wouldnt be out of revenge would it? After all the hand-holding, chaperoning and flattery he had provided me with tonight?. But I do agree, he is wise - but stubborn, with an ego rivalled only by Lord Argil. But then again, I assume that is the norm of Kislovani nobility"

Alustariel kept apace with Loraith, but still kept a slow walk, taking in the beautiful beach's scent and the glittering star-filled-night's radiance.

"Don't fret about the Firelords, I am not going to be a regular Lady Hero and rid Kislovan of both the Firelords and Brotherhood, but it worries me that Kislovan will plunge into recession if either group holds too much sway. I do intend to find out more on the situation before I get actively involved. I am, after all, newly arrived in Kislovan"

"We should talk of that when we are in a more serious mood, which I think we should not be tonight"

"So, I must revert back to another question that has been growing in my mind. How will Lady Rilana take to Asht and my presence, does your house often take allies from smaller households?"

Post by Guest »

Loraith nodded at her suggestion to talk more at an earlier time, "Perhaps we shall dine together some time tomorrow, we may talk of serious matters with wine flowing freely and good food to hand." He smiled and looked up at the stars again, turning back to her he giggled, "My dear it may sound strange to you but I feel the rivalry in Kislovan keeps the state together, if we did not have the power of the Adhiel made up in the Firelords then there would be civil war, why the only way to heal the rift would be to make an equal society and trying to do that would lead once more to civil war." He put a hand on her back, "So you see our problem my dear, the best we can do is try to get somewhere in society and little by little introduce a few liberal ideas." He leaned over suddenly and placed a kiss on her cheek before pulling away again and looking at her.

"As for Morenduir, I do not want to annoy him further but he is the sort of Adhiel who it is nice to best ocne in a while, but we shall be subtle non? When we are about him." He tapped his nose with a finger implying secrecy, "And as for my cousin, you recall what I told you about Asht being actively recruited by politcal players. Well I must confess my reasons for inviting you to the estate are twofold. On the one hand my dear I am very taken with you and wish to have you around. On the othet two unalighned Adhiel with magical potential are useful allies, so I am afraid I am guily of using rather crafty means to recruit House Urdil ahead of my rivals, and I feel my cousin will be pleased. Your brother seems to be a powerful Adhiel and you have the potential and certainly mingle well with the rich and powerful. But fear not I do not chain you to me, just offer you a single option, and wait to see what my cousin says when she returns about it before you make a decision."

He let out a breath of air and turned to her, "But tell me of your brother, I am sure you wish us to get on well, what is his history? His talents? I like to know who I am dealing with so I do not offend him."
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

"You'll always be at risk of offending him, we are very attached he and I. We have always been like that, when we lost each other in Kislovan many years ago, we thought each other dead - that was the most unbearable thing I have yet endured. To find each other again has been both fortunate and wonderful. Therein lies the dilemma, he loves his sister, and is protective, any man who touches her is unworthy. I know thats the way he thinks, he's been casting wry glances at you all night"

"I would be the same, I suppose ... "

Alustariel stepped lightly to catch up with Loraith. "He will willingly join your house though. Despite your .... extravagance ..." Alu chuckled " ... I'm sure he'll find you a better option than shady Morniendur and Argil. Though he will not be bound totally, he values me and his magick above everything else - thats probably the only thing you need to remember to avoid insulting him" she felt like a prat saying that, but it was true, Asht and Alu were still relatively inseperable - and she really didnt mind that either.

"Perhaps at dinner one time, ask him to tell you stories of his exploits at the University of Magick where he trained, he has felled mighty and dark things -" the words caught in Alu's throat, should she have said that? " - but that is for him to tell. Do you have any siblings, Loraith?"

Post by Guest »

"Let your brother be wary, all rewards must have obstacles to overcome." Loraith chuckled and scuffed a bit of sand with his boot, he had granules of the stuff in there now making walking very uncomfortable. "I myself have a strange family life. My family have a varied history, we are a bastard line which is why we keep our own name. My father himself kept up the tradition fathering many children out of wedlock. I myself have multiple half brothers and sisters. I have not seen my father since I have been back but if I recall he should still run a branch of my families shipping industy on the island. I shall call upon him at some point. However it is my goal to ascend above my family and join once more the ranks of our more illustrious cousins." He smiled and put a hand on the small of her back, "ANyway I am sure your brother shall enjoy my families comfy beds, wine and selection of foodstuffs. I am sure my cousin will be impressed by the both of you also and will perhaps pay you a wage who knows?" He smiled at her gently and stroked his chin softly, "I am sorry to break a rather plesant moment, but do you know where the royal archives might be? I have mentioned I must venture there tomorrow but have no idea where they might be. And I heard at dinner you have been about court for a little while."
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

Alustariel growled, and shot a narrow eyed look at Loraith "All men have one thing in common, they can never hold the moment ..... though to be honest, you did hold it for record time in my books" she scoffed playfully, breaking into a giggle. She brushed back strands of her silver hair, almost glowing in the moonlight.

"In short I have not visited the Archive. I would think they would be in the same vicinity. I think Lady Faluinn Duedheal, the Senechal of Cerleann, looks after most of the administrative tasks, so she could probably point you in the direction - or if you don't want to go that high, the Court Page is pretty cluey, she knows most of the goings on of the Court"

Alustariel moved closer in to him as his hand came to rest on the small of her back, her hand crept behind and took his hand in hers, though she was still looking away, her distant eyes scanning the shoreline.

"If your going to speak to Lady Duedheal, be carefull, she is one of the shrewdest, cunning and wiley women I have every met. Qualities I admire - were I not on the recieving end of her barbs .... she's a tough biddy that one, I'll give her that"
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Post by Ashtallion Urdil »

His eyes glittered dangerously as he watched Alustariel and Loraith approach. His own gait slowed as he saw them in the short distance, closing the space between them more evenly and measured, giving him time to quell the strong emotions raging in him, anger and wrath. The adhiel had to consciously stop himself from reaching for his sorcerous arts, though the intent and power swelled in his golden gaze, burning as an inferno.

The closer he came, no doubt they would have both noticed him, shimmering with an eery radiance in the silver moonlight on his white robes, hands folded into his sleeves. " I see you found something else to entertain yourself with, Alustariel. ", his eyes focused on Loraith for a long moment, seeming to glow with thier own light almost. Was it magic? Or just the moonlight reflecting on the metallic coloured orbs.

" I thought perhaps you were in need of assistance with something, having been gone for some time... ", in truth they hadn't left his sight for very long, but to him it was long enough, ".... alas, it seems such was unwarrented. "

Turning to Loraith, Ashtallion inclinged his head ever so slightly, " My thanks, Lord Kasvenir for keeping my sister occupied and safe.... and we bid you a good night.. ", there was a finately in his words that would not accept anything other than the lord's immediate departure. " Unless of course you have other plans for this eveningtide, my sister? "

OOC: If its too abrupt or anything, let me know and I can change it :wink:

Return to “Kislovan Archive”