To look at the sea, tells us of our mortality

Moderators: Syra, Dartimos Hammer, Mods

Post by Guest »

"Oh look there is your brother now." Loraith said rather cheerfully, after all it meant he could slip away and avoid that scoundrel Moreduir and that rather uppity fellow Argil. All nobles resembled animals Loraith thought suddenly. Argil was rather like a stately parrot and Morenduir a self contented cat with a large arrogance. "He does look rather the part of the powerful magus I must admit, I am impressed." Yet as he saw his manner and his eyes, those burning eyes that seemed to sear into his soul he changed his opinion. He had no evidence of this Adhiel's abilities but alas he seemed rather potent, and well Loraith realised he was inserting himself in the middle of the rather special sibling relationship these two had. Of course Alustriel would never choose him over her brother, but he certainly constituted a new factor in her life and well it made him slightly worried.

His hand removed itself from her grasp after a last squeeze, almost asking for luck in the ensuing encounter. He look at Ashtallion and met his gaze with his normal one, that of arrogance and self confidence. "Oh we merely took a stroll along the beach, I am beginning to regret it however, the company was of course wonderful but alas a fair amount of sand has found itself into my nooks and crannies so to speak." He smiled and ran a hand through his hair sending yet more sand cascading down about him, "As for me keeping her safe, I feel it would be quite reversed. Your sister is certainly not one to be bound by the yoke of her gender, she personifies what is best in the Kislovani woman in this age, power and personality." He smiled and felt his face turn as Ashtallion mentioned it was time for him to leave. He decided to be a coward and let this strong willed woman cool the flame before him, he bit his lip and turned to her.

(OOC: No no quite alright, poor Loraith would have preferred you not to appear however!)
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

Post by Alustariel Urdil »

Alustariel wacked Loraith lightly in the chest with her hand "Oh do shut-up Loraith, you prattle on so" she laughed. The hit was neither hard nor hurtfull, though in its playfulness it also bore a stern warning, as if almost to say watch it buddy, with your talk of nooks and crannies your about three words away from receiving a bolt of lightning where the sun don't shine.

"Forgive me brother, that we did not tell you that I was leaving the main area. It was actually by chance that we met" she indicated to Loraith " Yet it's probably the very reason why your on this beach - none of us can really stand the company of Lord Morniendur and Lord Argil!" she chuckled "But I know you were worried, Asht, it was insensitive of me" she offered an apologetic smile

Alustariel nimbly skipped, though not overtly, to stand between her brother and Loraith. Though she turned to glance at Loraith

"Loraith, can you give us a moment" Alu gave him a quick wink, just to let him know it was all going to be fine.

"You can be angry ... " she said soothingly "I will not begrudge you that, Loraith is a cad and womanizer, yet he's harmless " she chuckled, almost fondly "- but remember that Loraith has invited us to come to the Cullàmh Estate in the city" Alu moved further away from Loraith and closer to Ashtallion "It would be ideal, no more crowded inn's. I know my last idea was frazzled and has plunged us into trouble - but theres an opportunity here to join with a Kislovani House, which may work well for us .... we need a leg to stand on, so to speak"

"What do you think?"
Last edited by Alustariel Urdil on Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[i]Abara kadabara, alakazaaaaam![/i]
Posting on Tuesdays and Thursdays
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Post by Ashtallion Urdil »

" Yes, I am angry..... ", his eyes still blazed, yet the fire of his ire was turned to Alustariel.

" Do we truely need to leech of him and his family? Surely there is more suitable accomodaton.... you know I do not like political games, Alu, even for the chance of a decent room.... ", he sighed lightly, regretting the fact that his anger was seemingly being doused, he wanted it, it added to his stubborness. " I don't know Alustariel. What does he expect in return? Joining ourselves with one of the Houses... I would want to meet the Lady, his cousin first of all... "

In all honesty, they had little other option. He would have to put on a face for his sister and play along with her if they wanted a place to stay...

Post by Guest »

Loraith, wonderfull oblivious to what was being said had wandered off a little ways and found Alyn. The servant was nearby and with a few words he sent his manservant off to the estate to inform the staff to make up a spare bedroom and other adjoining rooms. Loraith personally wanted this Ashtallion fellow to do some magic and things inside ther house. As long as he did not destroy anything it would be fine. And perhaps his cousin had a library with some useful tomes. He would certainly research it. It would be nice to have someone to practive fencing with as well and whatnot.

Still Loraith took his fine Kislovani charger and stood nearby, gently he patted it and cooed at it attempting to foster a bond one hears about between man and beast. All the while waiting for the two siblings to resolve their minor dispute.
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

"Don't call it leeching, the Urdils don't leech!" her eyes flashed, though her voice and face remained soft "Call it instead an association, beneficial for both parties involved. Do you remember what we wanted when we came to Kislovan? A place where we could bide our time and gain strength - this may well be an doorway for that"

"In return. From you, they would wish you as an ally of their House, and for that I will not speak on your behalf - mayhaps you can withold your acceptance or denial until you speak with Lady Rilana in person.

Alustariel looked back to Loraith who was now preparing for their exeunt from the Luau. Alu had to convince Asht to come, she wanted to be with Loraith in private - but she wanted to make sure that Asht was relatively close by - after all, where would he stay tonight if not at the Cullàmh Estate?

"I'm not going to lie to you Asht. Its plainly obvious what he wants in return from me, but he's not as sleazy as I first assumed he was" she smiled carefully. She wasn't going to be so ungracious as to say outright that Loraith wanted to bed her, but Asht would know what she meant - whats more unless she said something quick, that thought alone might make her brother blast her newfound playmate to a cinder.

She placed a hand on his face "I know you'll think nobody will be good enough for me. Of course you do, your my brother and you love me. But remember Asht, no matter who enters my life for whatever stay of time - the love I bear you will never diminish or fade. And I'm happy for you to watch over me as you do. But please ... please Asht ...... " she leant in, and her smile broadened, hoping to make her brother lighten up and smile too "Don't blast him away .... just yet" she joked
Last edited by Alustariel Urdil on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

The mage suppressed a heavy sigh, his mind filled with chaotic thoughts, questions and plans.

He shut his eyes for the briefest moment, ordering himself, both mentally and the sorcerous energies that whirled into veiw. " Very well then, my silver sister, we shall play this game then. I hope you can still love what I will become then, for I will play this 'game' to win. More than one power has noticed me, and most likely you, the House of Urdil will become a power, I shall see to it. "

Asht give her a small peck on the cheek, his lips barely touching her skin. " Come, your 'play-thing' awaits. ", although he did not smile, the glint in his golden eyes suggested otherwise.

" Lord Kasvenir, my sister..... and I..... would very much like to see your family House, would it be too much bother to you? "

Post by Guest »

Seemingly the conversation ended and Loraith turned round, flashing a small smile at both of them. "You are both welcome to use my house as a base of operations, I am sure the library will contain tomes that may interest you and the garden is nice for walks and so forth." He smiled and led his horse over to them. "I thought my Lady Alustriel could ride on the horse and I would lead it?" He looked at her in a friendly manner evidently intending to help her up onto the horse if she so chose but if not he would not press the issue.

He turned to Ashtallion and rubbed his chin, "I know very little of magic and my ignorance shall be reflected here I am sure but do you favour summoning things or shooting big balls of fire at people?" Loraith unfortunately had a very limited experience with magic beyond Kislovani shaping, occasionally family mages had summoned creatures for the childrens amusement or created fire, he recalled it from his youth.
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

Alustariel smiled, she had gotten through to Asht, but he was still uneasy. Loraith clearly picked up on Asht's incline to go to the Estate. Alu leant in and returned a kiss on the cheek to her brother.

"Be nice to the play-thing, give him a chance" she muttered quietly in his ear and smiled "I know you'll play to win, you always have. Whatever you become, my love will remain ..... Just as in turn I hope that you will love me whatever becomes of me" her smiled only broadened as she winked and said "Besides, he's got a library, thats you sorted"

Alu was well aware that her brother was not smiling, and trying to cheer him up was hard work, she understood why though. After just settling down after Fleeing the Citadel and the Lotus Blossom Inn incident, they were just starting to calm down - now Argil was prying and for Asht to see his sister wooed for the first time by a complete stranger would be quite stressfull. Alu assumed that Asht felt that he had only just found his sister and nothing could come between them - what she was trying to make him see is that no matter what part ANY man played in her life, they would never come between the twins.

Alu turned back to Loraith who was awaiting to help her onto the horse "I think thats a very good idea Loraith" she said, stepping away to the horse "If you would be so kind as to help me to the saddle". As she brushed past Loraith, she was not sure if he heard her ultra-quietly whispered words .... "and you, play it safe"
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

A library? Perhaps this will not be a fruitless endevour after all...

" You know well, Alu. ", he smiled as she left his side to wander up to Loraith to be saddled. He did not begrude her riding the beast, he had the faintest idea how to ride the animals.

Answering Loraiths question, " In all honesty I have never summoned a creature or spirit in all my magical tutoring, such is not something I have studied. Yet. ", he paused to take a slow breath, watching Alustariel for a while. " I am a battlemage at heart and an elementalist. Natures forces are what I seek to control..... fireballs included, lightning, storm magicks.... that sort of thing. ", he was not about to divulge his full strengths, nor his weaknesses to Loraith. Such could be found out at another time.

Besides, he often found magic was more impressive and intimidating if one sees it first of all instead of hearing about it. " I am still trying, but I suppose my abilities are considered adequate. ", he shrugged lightly, waiting for Alu to mount the horse.

Post by Guest »

Loraith helped Alu get her first foot in a stirrup and then helped her ascend onto the back of the horse. He then took its reigns and began to lead it. The estate itself was just outside the city and it would merely require Loraith to follow the path he and Alyn had travelled a few marks earlier. Turning to Asht he smiled, "Battlemage eh, I am a bit of a swordsman, perhaps we could have a friendly spar and improve our abilities." He smiled in a friendly fashion not wanting to be blasted with anything anytime soon. "I have sent my manservant ahead to have them prepare some rooms, I am sure a bath and whatnot could be arranged. My cousin took much of the staff to the country estate but I have some left to serve your needs. I put my library and whatnot at your disposal as well naturally." He smiled once more in a friendly fashion trying to appear unthreatening.

Making conversation he started, "So when Morenduir introduces you to the Queen, what do you intend to ask for if anything?" He continued walking focusing on making sure the horse did not do anything that could injure Alu and following the path he had taken a few marks before.
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

"Loraith, I don't intend to ask her majesty for anything ... just yet" Alu smiled, shifting so she was comfortable in the saddle. She remained silent for a time, but could easily tell that the response she had just given was far from sufficient. "I asked to go to Court, because, like some others I now know -" she smirked at Loraith "- I am not content to remain in anonymity. I dont intend to rocket to fame within the tenday - but its prudent to lay the foundations slowly and surely early on".

Alu felt a tad uncertain on the horse, she had never really accustomed herself to riding one, but Loraith's presence at her side was reassuring.

She was pleased that Loraith, whether he had heard her whisper prior to her mounting the horse - had begun to address Ashtallion in a cautious and carefull manner, still courteous and interested in her brother's profession.

"Come, we should bid goodbye to Morniendur and Argil, they would feel quite slighted if we leave without a word" she said, it was, of course in the best interest of the Urdils to keep onside with the two Lords, now that the had offered to sponsor the twins in Court.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

" A friendly spar? ", Ashtallion chuckled, seemingly more so to himself. " Why not. It has been a while since the Pelegrim and I have had the chance to cross blades with someone..... ", he walked along side the horse, one the opposite side to Loraith. " I have already said my farewells to both Lord's, just before I came across you both.... but you should say your own of course. "

Just now, all the mage wanted to do was sleep, the passed several days had been vexing on him, and the move to Kislovan even more so.

Post by Guest »

"The Lords shall have no desire to see me again, I shall slip into the night and they shall recall me merely as a slight annoyance on an otherwise adequate evening." He chuckled and turned to Ashtallion again, "Then we agree, we shall meet blades, but I shall ask you not to augment your skills with magic, for my own protection of course, I feel in the face of all your talents I would fall flat no? But with just swords I may stand a chance." Loraith thought he stood a chance but he was more concerned with practicing his blade skills consitantly.

"Come we shall visit the Lords then, they will be at the tables I imagine." He smiled, "I am sure my Lady shall look quite the part with her servant leading her horse." He smiled to himself, appear as the servant Loraith, he told himself. He began to move towards the tables looking at Ashtallion, "Come my friend, it is not a large diversion."

(OOC: Seb? :wink: )
Sebastian Beauvais
Baron of Brie

Post by Sebastian Beauvais »

The trio made their way back toward the Cullàmh town estate, with Alustariel perched atop the horse and Loraith and Ashtallion walking on either side. They had detoured just long enough to satisfy genteel propriety and bid their farewells to Morniendur and Argil before heading directly for the manor house. The trip was not overly far, and despite the cautious pace set by Loraith to ensure Alustariel's safety and comfort the three were soon within view of their destination.

Although it was gravetide the manor house was lit for guests. Before their approaching view was totally obscured by the impressive spike-topped wall of skillfully crafted iron and pale stone that fronted the street, they spotted cheery light spilling from upper story windows and the veiled shadows of movement within, and farther down the street two torches burned fitfully at the main gate. When the trio reached the wrought iron portals they were greeted by Loraith's manservant Alyn, who ushered them onto the grounds.

"Welcome home, Lord Kasvenir," he greeted Loraith with a bow, before turning to Alustariel and Ashtallion and repeating his genuflection. "It is an honour to have you with us at the Cullàmh estate, m'lady and m'lord. If you would follow me up to the house?"

The lane followed a curved path to the front of the airy estate home, past finely manicured lawns wreathed in night's shadows and large spreading trees that were little more than black clouds against the starlit sky. The front steps of the home were a different matter entirely however, with brightly burning lamps mounted on the columns that framed the front entranceway and an alert, if young, stablehand waiting next to the stairs to assist with Loraith's charger.

Alyn nodded to the lad, who for all appearances must've been of an age with him, and then waited patiently for Alustariel to dismount before ushering them into the impeccably decorated foyer. When the trio had assembled, Alyn stopped to address them.

"I was not sure of your interests upon returning to the house, so I took the liberty of arranging for a few different options," he said, his high-pitched voice surprisingly confident for one so young. "There are refreshments both in the sitting room to your left," he motioned with a hand to the doorway off the foyer leading to a room at the front of the house, "and on the veranda, if you prefer to enjoy the night's air. If rest is what you seek, then rooms have been prepared for you upstairs."

"What would be your please, m'lady and lords?"
[color=orange]Avatar courtesy of Tazlure's own, the incredible Finley Ward![/color]
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

Alu found herself in awe of the beauty of the estate, so different from the rich dwellings in Taquar, but equally as magnificent. Alu could be certain that Ashtallion would no find this at least a little more agreeable than the tavern room.

"We are honored that you have recieved us" Alu replied to Alyn as she alighted from Loraith's steed, even though the servant was probably only being polite. She could be sure that Loraith would love to make a b-line for the rooms upstairs, but Alu did not want to rub this little affair in Ashtallion's face, or want him to feel like he was a third wheel, Alu would stay with him until he either went to sleep or was otherwise contently occupied, and she would not force him into either. She only hoped that Loraith's patience could hold out.

She decided to defer the decision making.

"The Night air is warm and inviting, though I'm not overly fussed. But Milords, what would you prefer?" she looked to Asht and Loraith.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

" Neither am I... though I do believe Lord Kasvenir wished a small display of my magical prowess? ", he glanced to Loraith, a slight glint in his eyes. " Aside from that, I am more than happy to retire to the library, no doubt I will find something to keep me occupied. "

He gave a small bow of his head to the servant before continuing. " Unless of course you wish me to remain with you, Alustariel, but I think you and Lord Kasvenir will wish to continue your earlier... conversation. ", the last words were quite stiffly spoken and he tried to force a smile, which cracked on his face and fell away.

" Whichever would please you my sister. "

Post by Guest »

Loraith smiled and looked at the two of them, his hands clasped behind his back and nodded gently and turned to Alu, "Seems my Lady has the choice of venue." He turned then to Ashtallion, "I do wish for a show of your magic my friend and indeed we may have our spar soon, we shall train our sword arms tomorrow evening if that is possible. And perhaps we shall have a display of magic, perhaps you might even find some new spells from the books in the library." He chuckled, "I am interested in summoning but I do not think my cousin would approve of some spawn of the other worlds rampaging about." He chuckled and looked about, "I have not explored this house fully myself but obviously I put libraries and other things at your disposal, the staff will respond to requests I am sure within reason but I ask you to leave my cousin's rooms alone." He chuckled and flexed his arms, looking about the imposing central hallway waiting for Alu to make a choice.
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

Alustariel sighed - the decision had made a boomerang return, men could be so blind at times. "Alright" she smiled and took a deep breath, her tone becoming ultra-sardonic "I want to sit a while, that horse had made my legs numb, Asht clearly wants to show off his magickal prowess and you, Loraith, would dearly love to see him do it. Why dont we go out and sit on the verandah where you can conjure firey brimstone and you dont have to worry about bringing the house completely down...."

The silver-haired Adhiel grinned and looked to Alyn "And besides, Alyn has gone to so much trouble to prepare for our arrival with refreshments, it would be a shame if they went to waste ..." she stepped away from the group towards the verandah Alyn had indicated.

Perhaps after they had relaxed a little and watched her brother's considerable talents Asht could explore the library and Loraith could take Alu on a tour of the Estate, she knew that way, both men should be content.

"Shall we, Gents" she said looking back, Alu's smirk evident on her face. It wasnt really a question, they had made the choice of giving her the decision of their activities, so like it or not, she had chose. She felt the desire to held out her hand for Loraith to take, but perhaps it was to bold a gesture for her to make in front of her brother. Alu so dearly wanted to convey to Asht that nobody would ever replace her Golden haired brother, not even a golden haired companion of whom she might be enamoured. She wanted him to know, that in waking life, nothing would split the Urdil Twins.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

The mage smiled at his sister as he followed her, or rather followed her following Alyn. " Do not worry, Lord Kasvenir, I will do nothing that will harm your cousin's estate. I have no desire to inflict damage upon such a magnificent hold. ", his eyes ran over the walls and ceiling and floor, perhaps living here for the time being would be more beneficial than trying to find some sweltering lower class accomodation.... though undoubtably he may have been able to find somewhere else suitble through the battlemage royale, but for now, this estate would suffice.

" What would you care to see? Fire? Wind? Lightning? I am not accustomed to earth magicks as of yet so my abilities with that element are severely limited... "

Post by Guest »

Loraith moved out to the veranda and took a seat on one of the chairs there, responding to Ashtallion after a pause he smiled, "Why not show us some tricks with fire, to brighten the dark night?" he looked about himself "it seems you study much elemental magic, I am not aware of the various sorts but do you intend to stay within the elements or will you practice other spheres of magic?"

While awaiting a response his eyes went to Alu, it was a plesat feeling sitting with these two individuals and feeling a part of something. His own famiy was scarse of course, and having seen very little conventional love up close and having had his perception of such meotion cut short by Kislovani brutality in manners, it was reassuring to the young half Adhiel to see these two with loyalty not reliant upon power or promise. He smiled at her gently as he turned his head again looking out over the forests of the estate to the sea beyond. How he felt special when he imagined his family ships scouring the waves and opening new trade routes. He needed to return to the Citadel with a fair bit of influence and begin to make these trade routes avaliable. Furts from the frozen north, and every item from the known world. He smiled as he looked upon the bay, but then politely turned his head to Asht awaiting the display hoping to K'Tan nothing would go wrong.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

" In all honesty, I'm not sure Lord Kasvenir. ", he paused a moment, making sure there was a fair space between himself, Alu and Loraith, and clear all around him. It was evident that he was thinking intently, but still manage to broaden his answer. " Battlemagery takes alot of time and energy, as it not only focuses on developing magical skills, but also physical... such as weapon training etc. But I would like to explore other areas of magic, I believe that other fields can be applied to battle magic also... if one has the right imagination. "

" Elemental magic is what I have a flare for however, so I intend to excel in this field before pursuing other..... higher goals. There is alot of power to be obtained with regards to the elements. ", there was a twinkle in his eyes, possibly just the start of his magic?

He waited for Alu to seat herself, " You may wish to view this Alustariel? ", he paused, looking at her, " Just to see how I do it.... up to you.. "
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

Alustariel caught Loraith's gaze and tried to hold it for awhile. She thought He looked quite dashing in the lighting on the verandah as she settled into a seat beside him and added to Ashtallions sentiments on magic.

"Most magic is elemental, Loraith, the aspects and elements of our world itself - even the power of the Mind, the brilliance of light and the depths of the Dark are elements (as well as the more well known Fire, Wind, Water and Earth). Yet all magic relies on the imagination and resourcefulness of the Weaver to make it what it is, as Ashtallion said. Though Battlemagery, as he says, is a little more complex, where the element of your physical form becomes highly important"

She saw Asht's twinkle and felt like she'd overstepped the mark, he had more experience in the matter.

"Weave on, brother" she smiled lovingly "I will watch ... and learn ... don't worry, I won't try grasping at strands tonight" she said, her mind turning back to think about the smouldering mess she had made at the Lotus Blossom Inn.

Post by Guest »

Loraith maintained a rather polite eye on Ashtallion, he was intrigued by this magic. Having someone about who could use the elements and who might be persuaded to aid him would be useful. Of course this was not his motivation, he was happy to let them stay here for no reason other than the company. Still his motivations at this moment were not motivated by cunning political might, rather more base emotions drove young Loraith onwards. He would steal glances at Alustruel when Asht was not looking and merely smile at her, making conversation he turned to Ashtallion and inquired, "I envy you two being able to command the elements, I should like to be able to do it myself, but I suppose each is set upon his own path and mine was not to follow the ways of the shapers. And to have a nobleman who actually had some talent in something would quite frowned upon I am sure." He rubbed his mouse with a hand supressing a grin, "But I look forward to this display, who knows we could well be seeing a future Archmage in action could we not?" He chuckled, "Would give me a wonderful anecdote for later life." He sat and waited for the show to begin. Resting a hand on the side of his chair close to Alustriel, it was a gesture.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Archmage...

The word resonated throughout his mind, over and over, ending with a small smile on his lips. " One can only hope, Lord Kasvenir. ", Alu would not have missed to peculiar tone in his voice.

" Well, you wanted to see some fire magicks.... very well... "

The mage in training stood still, his arms at his sides as he grounded himself, finding the calm center and letting his mind slip into his realm of sorcery, seeing the threads of power that were his to use. Being it was rather late into eveningtide, heat was not the most abundent energy, but there was enough no doubt for him to use. " You might find it will get somewhat chilly... "

Ashtallion pulled at the ruby red strands of heat energy, weaving them into a knot over his upturned palm, a single flickering flame springing to life with rapid luster. The light reflected stangely in his golden eyes....

" Magic, Lord Kasvenir. A simple cantrip, but it can come in handy.... ", and now for something not so simple. Asht fed more and more magic into the flame, its intensity rising as well as the heat it gave off. The sheild he held around himself though would protect him from the worst of the fire rage. Pooling heat into the flickering flame, it would hopefully grow in a seething mass of fire that engulfed his entire hand and half way up his arm.

He was not about to cover his entire body in fire... that took too much concentration and although it was something he had accomplished more than once before, Asht was not about to disclose the full limits of his magic..... even he was not sure what they were yet.
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

Alu smiled. Well done Loraith, she thought, Tell him he'll be an Archwizard some day and he'll not be able to walk back into the house on the count that his head be too swollen with dreams to fit through door. The silver-haired adhiel had no doubt in her brother that one day he would be among the finest spellcasters - as she hoped she would too - but everybody had that essence of pride in them when somebody said they could be a future something.

Alustariel also noticed Loraith's creeping hand, she lifted her ringed hand and stroked it sweetly and discreetly before retracting her hand back into her lap to rejoin and clasp with the other. She watched on as her brother weaved with strands that she had yet to master.

Return to “Kislovan Archive”