Cit Lord Simon Ginneke, Imperial Thaumaturgist (Samh 27, MT)

Moderator: Mods

Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Cit Lord Simon Ginneke, Imperial Thaumaturgist (Samh 27, MT)

Post by Elvin Motricé »

A letter written on heavy parchment and sealed with smooth black wax (without a blazon) was delivered to the Imperial Thaumaturgist.

Most Honorable Lord Ginneke

I have often regretted that the Citadel did not have an standing organisation to deal with magical anomalies and dark entities. I am sure that you can see why, in the light of recent events.

The University of Magics is a fine institution for educational purposes but due to their internal politics and structure, they are not suited to respond effectively and quickly to an emergency.

I fear that I can not communicate very subtle in a written language as of yet so let me skip the normal formalities and get to the point. I am a member of staff in the University and due to recent events I have my questions about the reliability of some of the other staffmembers of the University. To resolve these problems I have attracted several promising apprentice mages as well as a group of more experienced magi.

It is my hope that this group will take upon themselves the responsibility the help investigating matters related to magic in crimes and to the current upcoming of dark entities. To do so we will need some resources to make ourselves more known. Therefor we have decided to offer our services in counceling, placing wards and helping in other areas of interest that do not conflict with our moral code.

I am sure that you can see the advantage of having a group of magi that are not tied to the political powers in this city. Seeing as I am a newcomer in the Citadel and not involved in its politics it will be difficult for to involve our group as a whole in a political struggle as of yet. Which makes it a perfect tool if you will.

The reason why I sent you this letter must have become apparent by now. One: to alert you of our presence in the city. Two: to offer you the possibility to make use of our services.

I'ld wish to close by detailing my own goals on a more personal level as to give you some insight why I took this initiative. I always felt a strong need to protect the innocent and given the power that I, as a mage, wield it is only natural that I make it my job to protect them from harm by magical means. As one of my old teachers always said. With power comes the responsibility to use your power in the way you see fit.

In hope of that this letter reaches you swiftly and in hope of an answer, I remain.

Respectfully yours,

Elvin Motricé
Leader of the Shadowstar
Mentor at the University of Magics
Last edited by Elvin Motricé on Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"- and so's Mister Motricé." Becca smiled wryly. "He's probably going to go - he's not set anything on fire for a few months, so he's got to be going through withdrawal by now." ~ Becca Acerbi

Return to “Patrician's Ring Archive”