Haunted Eyes Upon the Throne (Samheen 27) (Open)

Moderator: Mods

wyrdgirluk
Tazlure Supporter

Post by wyrdgirluk »

Scatha was quite bemused. Everything has seemed to going so well, what with all this talk of marriage in the air - and then one of the beautiful dream ladies had fainted. Scatha knew what faints were; it was what happened when you did your corsets up too tight. The best way to avoid them, in her experience, was not to wear corsets at all. Scatha didn't, and had never fainted.

She was about to share the benefits of her experience in not wearing any underwear when a large group of men came in and carried the too-tight corsetted lady away, followed closely by one of the other women. It was all rather worrying. Scatha predicted it would end in tears and possibly a fist fight by tea-time.

She was disturbed by her musings by the fox-like man asking her about her wishes. A safe lock on the chicken house was her immediate thought, but as he had been so reasonable about the sandwiches (and, she had to admit it, was rather handsome), she decided to tell him just what she'd told the Duke.

"Well, for starters, I'd stop all this nonsense about people killing each other because they worship different gods and goddesses," she said briskly. "Lot of stuff and nonsense, saying my god is bigger than your god. I'd tell everyone to tolerate other people's religions, and if they didn't, I'd cut their heads off. That should sort them out."

She would have elaborated, but her ears caught the word ferret, and she was immediately distracted. Scatha had always wanted a ferret, or a polecat, and if the dream-talk was heading that way then so much the better. She sauntered over to the girl who was poking people; "I've always wanted a polecat," she said cheerfully. "Do you know where I might find one?"
Image by kind permission of Peter Town - check out his great work at Elfwood!

"Cleavage & attitude can carry a girl a *long* way"
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Alexandrya L`handriel »

Alexandrya was not sure why Fauna kept trying to tie Rosalie to the Caesar. She tried to figure out the motive behind it all and perhaps it was just to see the woman of the Mouth squirm and then feign a weak constitution. She had smiled as she remembered Scatha continuing to lighten the room that would have otherwise been very cutthroat and dreary. Bridesmaids? I have a feeling he would need food testers and guards to protect him from his future wife...

Any smile from Syrawenn got a sweet smile in return. Even Alexandrya's eyes brightened with the sunshine that seemed this little girl. Scatha had the same reaction from her. When the brown-haired girl addressed her with a question, Alexandrya tilted her head in curiosity, "a ferret would be scientifically interesting but what about slugs?" She replied with a question of her own and then straightened up to Rosalie being taken away due to Andolin's command wondering if this was some subtle, mental torture for the Mouthy woman. Then a brow raised as Fauna made her exit to follow Rosalie. She did not react externally towards the hidden ongoings around the court. Personal motives? Why would the witch want to visit the bitch? She tried to banish the thoughts. Now that is not very nice even if it is true although it was difficult to gauge who was worse, Rosalie or Fauna. It is amazing that the Caesar actually tolerates Fauna...perhaps even trusts her? Someday, he will regret the friends he keeps but perhaps it is all for the better. Although it was pretty amazing that Rosalie refused more potential power with becoming Caesarii, but she seemed like a woman who had her own motives, maybe she is just trying to ensnare the Caesar in her own way.

She heard from the corner, Scatha's voice, "I've always wanted a polecat." She suppressed a smile as she pulled Syrawenn into conversation. Her eyes then slid towards the Caesar with a subtle glance and then back to the two ladies. What are you thinking, Caesar? Would Rosalie be your convenient marriage? He did seem attracted to her unless it was a jest to torment Rosalie. Or perhaps that is what he enjoys, women that have hearts that seem as black as their souls. Maybe he enjoys being tortured and challenged? Hmm...
Avatar is ©Nairohe, used with permission because she is the awesomest! [url=http://nairohe.deviantart.com/]Nairohe[/url]
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Post by Ashtallion Urdil »

As Rosalie mentioned Dominicus, Ashtallion could feel his own fire and rage building. Oh yes, we know all about the purification the so called One God has in store of Tazlure...all those not following his religion... thousands of Adhiel slaughtered..., had the woman not fainted after Fauna's change of conversation, the mage would have added his own heated opinions on the subject of the wretched God. He wanted spit upon the Altar of his Temple, and most likely be struck down in pillars of flame....still...he'd have some satisfaction!

Syrawenn's apology surprised him even further, and he had to admit he was proud of her for it. She was not one to openly say she was wrong... or rather that she was just not entirely right.

He moved closer to her, noticing how she did not seem to favour Fauna's presence in the room, yet another point in her favour. The Dark Sorceress still held much of his concentration, but he was not unaware of the conversations around him either. Ashtallion had to get her alone, even for a short while, he needed answers, the kind of which only she would be able to provide for now.
Jolanda

Post by Jolanda »

Restraining herself to remain in the shadows as these glaringly bright figures shimmered before her eyes, Jolanda wondered at what undercurrents drew them this way and that...

Fauna's suggestion sparked her suspicion, having picked the fair beauty as possessing an icicle for a heart. This talk of punishing Rosalie, of uniting the Citadel with the West -- it was politics, Jolanda could discern that easily enough, but who was winning in the glib game she could not tell.

A string tugged at her, an invisible sting that bound her to the Madam Consul, a string that urged demandingly that she should follow. Did the same string tug at Fauna? For after the Consul the blonde went...

Jolanda watched, yet her feet remained firm. Curiosity had her watch a flicker longer for the responses of the others in the room. If this were politics, then she wanted to learn it. The Jam sandwich girl was now rambling on about polecats. Polecats was not politics, the politics had left the room. Resistance melted, she allowed herself to be drawn away after Rosalie and Fauna.

OOC: Going to mind Rosalie :)
Last edited by Jolanda on Fri May 26, 2006 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andolin
Caesar

Post by Andolin »

Watching Rosalie being carried away, Andolin sought to observe the reactions of the others. There was this disturbing tendency for some to shrink back towards the walls and the shadows while others stood happily in the center prattling on about nonse4nse really. Fauna seemed to be taking an unnatural interest in Rosalie. It made him wonder whether she intended to either murder or serve the Western woman. Frankly, Fauna's emotions seemed both varied and random. He wondered whether he would be able to every predict her behaviour with any measure of reliability. Maybe the blond mage from the University, Ashtallion, was right to watch her carefully.

Fully expecting Scatha to mention something about chickens, Andolin was surpised by her utterance about religious tolerance. Had that been what had attracted the Duke's interest? Quite likely. Mentally noting the advantages of later espouseing such a philosophy to Erwin, Andolin gave a wry smile to the farm girl. "Intolerance to religious tolerance, my dear Scatha? How ironic."

Before he could elicit another plan of hers, she was moving towards Syrawenn, muttering something about pole cats, of all things. Was it so easy to divert her attention? Apparently. With an audible sigh, he watched Dort's candidate for the Imperial Throne move away to discuss ferrets and cats while darkness further enshrouded the Empire.

With a hope that Alazandra or Fia might offer more interesting variety, Andolin was disappointed to see the former more interested in furthering the discussion of cats and the latter seemed to be more interested in fading away. Noting that Jolanda was leaving the room after Rosalie, Andolin supposed that he should move after her as well. It would not be a good thing to appear too interested in her, so the would be Caesar moved back up upon the dais to sit upon his throne and pretend to be interested in the babble about silly topics. He needed a few burns to pass before he could excuse himself properly.
[i]Someone has to be in charge, so it might as well be me.[/i]
Andolin Avatar by the Nice GD
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

Post by Fauna Winthrope »

ooc: Sorry if my prev post was not that clear.

Fauna the Dark Soceress was till there, ever present behind the Dark Throne of the Ceasar, although her flawless face was somewhat distracted, her blue eyes distant as if seeing things that were not present upon the throne-room. Sometimes, those cold blue eyes would flicker back, as if peeking at the throne room for a few flick of that winking moment and then would flick away empty again.

Noone knew why? perhaps, the Dark Soceress was busy somewhere else, perhaps... weaving a machination out of magick and intrigue.

It was that winking moment that the Dark Soceress' eyes flicked again at the present, those blue eyes roaming and sweeping around the throne room and finding the Ceasar sitting upon his ornate chair.

"Is there something I can do for the Ceasar?" The Imperial Thaumatergist asked almost ritually. Her voice somewhat distracted as well, as if coming from a very distant place. Her other arcane orbs still circling around the ceiling, ever vigilant.
Last edited by Fauna Winthrope on Fri May 26, 2006 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Cruelty has a Human Heart,
Jealousy a Human Face,
Terror the Human Form Divine,
and Secrecy the Human Dress."

-- William Blake
Andolin
Caesar

Post by Andolin »

Fighting the urge to simply shake his head in disbelief and disappointment, Andolin looked up at Fauna as she approached him. He flinched a moment to see anyone standing so close. Who was to say whether or not she held a dagger intended for him?

Get rid of these farmers and find some real courtiers, he thought to himself as Fauna posed her question. "The blond ... Scatha. Find out what you can from her," he whispered. "See if she is truly just a simple farm girl ... or whether that is simply a mask she wears."

Taking to his feet once again, he added in a low voice, "I shall check on the comfort of the prisoner." Pausing for her response, Andolin moved towards his bedchamber.
[i]Someone has to be in charge, so it might as well be me.[/i]
Andolin Avatar by the Nice GD
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Alexandrya L`handriel »

Alazandra let Syrawenn and Scatha speak amongst themselves. Her own eyes gazed upon Fialessa. "I believe everyone else has deserted us for more intrigue. Perhaps I am not cut out for all the drama that wanted to unfold here..." Her voice was low and only for the fiery red haired lady.

"I am Alazandra Dysia." She curtsied with the same elegance and respect that she had shown the Caesar if not more and grinned as she looked upon the throne. "It is amazing how such a powerful position often shows off quite an uncomfortable chair. I do wonder how one can sit on that throne with a straight and not pained face." Her head tilted as she whispered. "I do not ever know if I wish to be put in such a painful position."

Strangely enough, Fialessa reminded her more of royalty than the Caesar himself. It was also nice to have had someone to stand up with her against the Mouthy woman.
Avatar is ©Nairohe, used with permission because she is the awesomest! [url=http://nairohe.deviantart.com/]Nairohe[/url]
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Such intrigue irritated the Sorcerer. Yet he understood the necessity of it.... sometimes.

Sorcery surrounded Fauna, adding that to her distracted demeanor, and she was obviously focusing some weaving else where. Ashtallion's golden eyes drifted to the door through which Rosalie had been taken, it didn't take a genius to work out where her mental efforts were being projected. He supressed a snort. If Fauna spent half the energy she wasted on these political games and diverted it to other sorcerous pursuits, she would have surpassed Ashtallion in the Magic Arts.... well, maybe.

Pride ran deep in him and he liked to think he could have crushed the Sorceress in any battle. Yet, she used more subtle means of employing her talent, which made Asht rather cautious. His magic was hard, swift and deadly, dealing in elements, raw energy, nothing overtly fancy... true, he knew he had to refine his techniques, but for now the vast majority of people feared, if not respected an outright show of magical power. Luckily, his skills as a wizard were tempered by the good nature he exuded. Still, he wanted a word alone with Fauna, yet the oppourtunity had yet to present itself.

The battlemage grasped several strands of air energy, twisting them into a few bands of thicker air. He pushed them at Fauna creating a small wind. To anyone else caught in the direction he pushed the minor cantrip, it would feel like a stray and gentle breeze, nothing more. To Fauna, she would hear the words he whispered into them.

" I want a word with you. Alone. "
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

Post by Fauna Winthrope »

She groaned with dismay when she heard the whispered message of the Warrior-Magius, Ashtallion. It was critically the wrong timing for the Ashtallion to challenge her.

What do you want, Ashtallion?! Fauna distractedly answered the adhiel. Her blue eyes, which were crackling with energies turned to him, sending him a reply telepathically. I'm quite busy you know. I have an Imperial Wedding to plan! There was a hint of perkiness within that thought, a perkiness which Ashtallion had not heard in a very loong time. She then paused and as if a thought presented upon her blonde head.

Ashtallion! She nearly shouted within his mind, her voice echoing within the chambers of his psyche. I need to your help to organize this wedding!

"Gracious ladies!" The dark sorceress stepped forward, her eyes surveying the persons in the throne room. "Noble gentlemen!" Fauna Winthrope clapped her hands loudly, magickally augmenting the sound so that the people could get her attention.

Now that the cat was away, the mice could all play.

"Gracious ladies and Noble Gentlememen! There is going to be an Imperial Wedding and we need to organize it as soon as possible." The Dark Sorceress continued hurriedly. "The Imperial Ceasar demands it so!" She reassured the crowd. "But we need able bodied men and women to organize this humongous feat."

"Lady Syrawenn," The Dark Sorceress turned her blonde head towards the woman. "There is a quest for you, which, only you can fulfill. I have heard your reputation against Deamons. If you should accept this mission, the Ceasar would be most obliged to you." She paused, hoping that Syrawenn was intrigued. "The Ceasar was mostly fond of a certain Wizard, a wizard named Balik. Unfortunately, this wizard had been imprisoned in the Nether, or perhaps, somewhere within this Aetheric Realm. The Ceasar, begs thee, if you, and any of your stalwart companions, could free him so this certain wizard could attend his wedding. But Lady Syrawenn, you must act most hastily, for the wedding is almost about to begin. Will you accept this grand quest?"

She then turned her eyes at Scatha, "Lady Scatha, I must ask for your guidance as well in order for this fortuitous wedding to take place, will you be Lady Rose's bridesmaid? You and Lady Jolanda?"

"Gracious Ladies and Noble Gentlemen, we must act most hastily... This is most urgent!" She urged them under her banner.

The problem was, how to summon the Imperial Tailoress Audrey Harden and the rest of the key players. She was hoping that the Battle-Mage Ashtallion would be a great ally for this monumental task.
Last edited by Fauna Winthrope on Tue May 30, 2006 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Cruelty has a Human Heart,
Jealousy a Human Face,
Terror the Human Form Divine,
and Secrecy the Human Dress."

-- William Blake
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

OOC: I feel the need to step in. Please try to refrain from assuming success and allow me to make such judgments.

NO matter how much she tried, Fauna found it near impossible to penetrate Ashtalion's mental barriers. There were benefits to proper shielding prior to spell casting and this was one. It would take a great expenditure of energy and effort to penetrate said walls and the success would be uncertain even then. Who knows what might go wrong. Even now, Fauna felt a creeping sense of fatigue as she expended her energy on numerous illusions and cantrips.
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Syrawenn grinned at Sevti and hugged her again. There was something so invigorating about knowing the woman to be real. Of course her grin grew when that funny jam-girl asked her about polecats! Obviously someone had been listening in.

"Polecats....hmmmm" Syra frowned, "I know what ferrets look like, so I could make one up, but I don't know what a polecat looks like. Is that just a white cat with lots of fur? We could make one up, ya know." She grinned conspiratorally. "We could make one up and send it up her legs."

She pointed at imperious Fauna, who seemed to be uttering a lot of blabla about some lady having to perform some task.

Lady Syrawenn?
Shit, she means me!
Is she nuts?

"Now waaaaaaaaaaaaait a flicker there!" Syrawenn protested. "For one, I ain't no lady! For two, I think you misplaced yer ears cause there wasn't gonna BE a wedding. For three, who says I care? Glue your ass to that throne for all I care, I ain't gonna step in the mess YOU made!"

With a satisfied nod she stepped back again. The nerve to send her off on some stupid quest for some stupid nonexistant marriage! That woman was simply after being the real power behind the throne, ordering everyone around supposedly for the greater good.

All of a sudden it seemed a much better idea to make up a beartrap instead of a ferret.
[size=75]Gavin:She's the emerald eyed agent of chaos
Vanir:She's cute, it's her personality that gets in the way
Ulder:Syra is a great shredder of paralysis through analysis
Elvin:We call it the Law of Improbable Syrabilities
wyrdgirluk
Tazlure Supporter

Post by wyrdgirluk »

"Oh, polecats are just like ferrets," Scatha said brightly. "Only worse. And they smell more. My father said that ferrets were just semi-trained polecats. So I suppose if you imagined a ferret, but then made it smell worse and ignore everything you told it to do, that would be about right. Though to be honest, I don't think they smell that badly. It's not like they live in a midden, or a silage ditch. They're actually very clean creatures." A sudden splendid thought struck her; "I suppose... seeing as this is just a dream - anyone can imagine anything, can't they? So if I wanted to make one appear... I could, couldn't I?" The idea of suddenly producing her own semi-trained polecat (or ferret) and feeding it on jam sandwiches seemed like a splendid idea.

These excellent thoughts were somewhat interrupted by another outburst from the ferret girl - Syrawenn? - objecting to being married. Scatha nodded approvingly, then burst out laughing at the idea of the elegant woman that Syrawenn was berating having her backside stuck to the throne. "You'd need a fair sized dead horse to make enough glue for something that big," she murmured wickedly, then returned to the urgent matter of the polecat. Scatha closed her eyes, and tried very hard to imagine a polecat, based on the ones she'd seen in the wild and the ferrets she'd seen local poachers use...
Last edited by wyrdgirluk on Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

"You'd need a fair sized dead horse to make enough glue for something that big."

The Panling tried. She really, really tried. But there was no helping it. She laughed. Loudly.

Quickly, she clapped her hand over her mouth and glanced around the room. But she couldn't stop the giggles that kept coming. Scatha had a point. The woman's behind wasn't the most petite one in the room. And, really, trying to control THIS group... Sevti shook her head. Even if she hadn't met any other than Syra before, she could have figured by the conversations that no one here was the type to take orders from a hoity-toity little...

Then again, the two women that had retired to the bedchamber... they were the type that would take orders and like it. But the rest of them...

A vision of Syra setting a ferret after the woman came to Sevti's mind and another burst of laughter errupted from the petite woman. "Sorry," she apologized, still giggling. "Didn't mean to interrupt." She gave a look to her friend that clearly said, I'll tell you later... and you'll love it.
"First let's just unzip your religion down" - [i]Crazy[/i], Tori Amos
Tickle-fight champion.
[i]Avatar is At the Edge of the World by Electra[/i]
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

whirrrrrrrrTOK

A large crossbow bolt imbedded itself into a chest of one of the Imperial Guardsmen that stood near the wall. It staggered the man sending him into a wall with a loud thump. "Unghhhh!" Was all the man managed to say before his eyes saw the thick sheaf of wood sticking out of his torso. Casting a pleading glance at those gathered in the room, his eyes dimmed swiftly and blood gushed from his mouth. He went limped and slid to the ground to sit in an impossible pose. Dead.

His comrade turned to check on the fallen man only to.....

whirrrrrrrrTUP

This time the bolt struck him in the side of the neck banging his head on the wall with a considerable force. It left a bloody stain on the wall as he slid down to have his head rest in his companions lap. He was still alive as evident by the silent move of his lips, but clearly paralyzed. Eyes wide open he wept silently, fighting for breath. He was dying and he knew it. Fear twisted his face as there was no pain. Only silent knowledge that his life was slipping away, as his blood mixed with that of his comrade in an ever growing puddle on the ground.

There were only three of them. Dressed in simply tight fitting armors, dark green in color. Each held a crossbow. The dreaded arcbalista of the West. Huge implements of ranged death, they were slow to load, but deadly when unleashed. Even now the two men that fired were winding their weapons anew. The third guy remained silent as eyes kept the room's occupants in view. The shining point of his bolt was trained at nobody in particular, but was kept in the general direction of where Fauna stood. They have been watching the room for a while now.

It was only then that the sounds of fighting filtered in through the doors. Clangs of steel on steel and muffled screams.

THUD

The door s flew open letting a corpse of another Imperial Guard topple into the Audience Hall. A hero stood in the doorway. He was not a giant of a man, but he was tall. Dressed head to toe in the perfectly fitting steel plates, he moved with amazing grace. Several splotches of blood marred the impeccable surface of his armor, one even falling to the pristine white tabard holding the Eye of the One prominent on his chest.

The man at his feet was nearly sliced in two. Blood on the huge sword the shining knight held was a clear indication what fate befell the dead man. The hero wore no helmet, showing his soft blond hair spilling down his back and powerful cleanly shaven, almost angelic face. A pair of piercing blue eyes scanned the room, as he paused at the doorstep. While a host of soldiers swarmed in. They were not many, but all were heavily armored and armed. Kingstone Guards for those that knew. Still silent the tall man cast his gaze at one of the silent killers from before and the man pointed towards the doorway Andolin took. Moving with crisp steps that spoke of strength hidden bellow, Sir Frederic Hagen of the Holy Order of Dominicus went to the rescue of Lady Consul. His troops arranged themselves across the room, making the way for the Paladin to pass.
Last edited by Grey Wolf on Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Ashtallion whirled around as the first cross bolt struck down the gaurd. Then another. The shield around him would protect him from them, he was not concerned for his own safety, but more so for Syrawenn's. The mage moved swiftly to the young womans side, he placed a hand on her shoulder, casting his eyes to Sevti also. Something flared in his eyes, the golden hues brightening ever so slightly. Asht extended his shield to encompass both Syra and Sevti, the solid wall of force surrounding them and any within roughly 10ft of the mage.

His hand went to the Pelegrim instinctively, yet he found no blade there, forgetting for a moment that he had opted not to wear the enchanted sword, which he now silently cursed hismelf for. It mattered little though, he had power. However the presence of the blonde haired man caused a sense of unease to well up inside the sorcerer.

Removing his hand from Syra's shoulder, he stood in front of them, placing himself before the assaulting soldiers. Straight backed and defiant, the adhiel's eyes blazed. " What is the meaning of this. ", he barely raised his voice, yet the sound of it carried far. Each word cold and purposeful. Already he was weaving threads of energy, force and air, though held off from tying the last knots... not wanting to provoke any of the men.... just yet anyway.
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

The dream suddenly changed when the well known sound of crossbow bolds. Probably the red warrior god bored and changed the scene !!!

So war would be close at hand. The women beside him probably his duty to protect. Watching the armoured men around he concluded that the odds where not as good as he would like. But he had done more then this in dreams.

Some would actually consider it luck when they are in aether... but for Langredoc it was just a ordinary dream. Maybe a dream send by the red warrior himself.

So he readied his weapons, it would be fun... maybe.
[quote]I am the warrior of the raven, traveling from war to war feeding on the dead and the living alike. Until darkness fall's.[/quote]

Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

As Ashtalion began weaving the strand of magick, the tall blond hero turned. His gaze was cold and blue eyes held a silent threat. Locking eyes with the adhiel mage he stood silent and watched as the man gathered the necessary energy. "Stay out of this mage. Our fight is not with you. We are here for the Madam Consul. Stay out of this and nobody gets hurt." There were twenty or so soldiers in the room now. While the crossbows would probably pose no threat, the others had swords and all were heavily armored.

The paladin waited a few flicker before he spoke his final words. "I admire your willingness to fight. To give away your life. At least you do not hide behind hostages. At least you do not take women and threaten their safety in return for concesions. If you truly wish a battle, wait here. Wait until I ensure Madam Lo Russo's safety. You have my word as a Paladin of the One that I shall be back if that is your wish." Pausing for just a flicker to hear the reply, the tall blond man turned. Adhiel did not look like the type to attack from behind. Waving a pair of his men, Sir Hagen strode forth, through the door and onwards.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Aetheric energy now burned in the mages eyes, golden light flooding them. He had to admit to a gruding respect for the Paladin, the man was here for one reason, " The dead gaurds suggested otherwise, Paladin. However so long as you harm none of the others guests, I will allow you and your men to leave with the woman, uncontested... ", he was unsure how many of the other soldiers he would have been able to kill, a fair few of them at any rate, his elemental prowess was not without its own merits. Yet the Paladin of Dominicus was another matter. The sorcerer had no idea how much of his Gods power he would be able to call upon.... hopefully he would not have to find out.

Despite assurances, Ashtallion still held his shield and his weaving, the heat of his spell caused sweat to bead on his forehead. All he could do was wait for now.
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

The whir of the crossbow bolts sent a shiver through the tiny Panling woman. It was a sound she had heard before. A sound that brought pain and death. A sound that changed her world. She watched the Imperial Guardsman go down, bolt in his chest and whirled her head around, looking for where the bolt came from... and more importantly, where the next one would go to next.

As she was turning, Sevti managed to catch the flare in Ashtallion's eyes a moment before everything got... thicker. A wall appeared around them, extending in a circle around the mage. That was enough to stop the girl from seeking out the crossbowmen. Magick was not something she had seen before. She wasn't frightened. She was just surprised. Tentatively, she put a hand out to feel just what was protecting her.

The coldness in Asthallion's voice made her feel a little safer, but the uneasiness came back as more soldiers entered the room. Slowly, she slipped her hand into a slit in her skirt, feeling around for her dagger. She wouldn't attack them first, but if they tried to harm her or Syra... Ashtallion wasn't the only one who would stand up to them.

While she listened the words between them, the stated intentions of the paladin and the assurances of the mage she allowed the passion of the Blood to enter her, held only barely in check by the knowledge that she, alone, could not take on every soldier in this place. And after all, I wouldn't want to make a liar of Ashtallion. Noticing the sweat beginning to bead on the adhiel, she held more tightly to her dagger. She needed to be ready for anything.
Tickle-fight champion.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Uneasy silence settled upon the throne room, as the blond hero departed. His men remained behind watching intently the people in the room. They offered no explanation apart from the one Sir Hagen gave. Clutching their swords and crossbows they waited, thought most of them were gathered around Ashtalion. All of them were on the edge, but none made anything remotely threatening. Mages were not truly liked in the Western Kingdom and given that they were a bit afraid of the mage. Oh, they would still fight if need be, but they were on the edge.

It was then that Scatha felt something brush against her shin and slide upwards towards her thigh. Should she choose to open her eyes, there would be a small furry creature about a foot, foot and a half in length, with dark shiny eyes and a fluffy tail. Covered in black fur, it clung to Miss Ashtir's leather pants with sharp little claws and continued it's upward journey. It muzzle was covered in light grey fur and a set of wicked looking teeth was visible just beyond that. It seemed intent on exploring what was going on and climbed up to see what this tall creature was. To those who knew it was a polecat.
wyrdgirluk
Tazlure Supporter

Post by wyrdgirluk »

Scatha was bemused. First a group of armoured men had burst into her dream, maiming and slaughtering all who stood in their way and not even bothering to say please or thank you, and now there appeared to be some kind of a stand off between them and one of the guests. Perhaps they were arguing over the sandwiches.

Scatha was just about to offer a plate when she felt something around her ankles. Looking down, she issued a squeal of delight; "A polecat! Look everyone - it's a polecat!" She bent down and gently tried to scoop the long furry creature up so that she could get a better look. As expected, it had a strong musky scent, but Scatha didn't mind that at all. "Look!" she exclaimed, holding it out for the others to see. "Isn't it gorgeous? You can teach them to do tricks, too." Scatha had once been entranced by a travelling showman with a polecat that crawled up his trouser leg and out of whichever arm sleeve you chose, only it wasn't the same polecat wbut two others he'd had hidden up there already. It must have smelt a bit, but Scatha had found it extremely amusing.

She gazed dotingly at the creature; "He is a poley polecat, and I will call him Poley and he shall be my polely polecat. And I will teach him how to fetch rabbits for me, shan't I, you gorgeous creature you?" She looked excitedly about around the room; if it was possible for a polecat to suddenly appear in her dream, then it was just as possible for a rabbit to suddenly materialise, ideally up someone's trouser leg.
Last edited by wyrdgirluk on Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Ashtallion noticed Sevti's movements, yet he had not turned his eyes, part of him could feel her as she stood within the area of his sorcery. His eyes remained on the guards, a small smile threatened to turn on his lip as he noticed their agitation and the fact the majority of them surrounded the mage. At least he gave them pause for thought, that much was reassuring. " Sevti, dear lady, would you mind standing slightly closer to me... ", he glanced to her with a small smile. His words lowered to something barely above a whisper, "...the closer you are, the less energy I have to use to maintain the shield around us and I can strengthen it more. Not that I am worried about these fools breaking through it.... that Paladin gives me some concern. "

In truth, the Sorcerer had severe doubts that he would be able to last long against the warrior of the One God. " Syrawenn, I would get that experience Kick of yours ready, just incase my friend. ", he wanted to lash out, it would be easy to catch them off guard. A few wide waves of thinned air, sharp as an axe to pierce the armour they wear. Yet he held back, an adhiel of his word.
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

Sevti nodded, taking a step closer to Ashtallion. "Where should I stand?" she whispered to him, slipping her dagger from it's sheath but leaving it within the folds of her skirt. "I don't want to get in the way of your... whatever you're doing."

From the corner of her eye, she saw Scatha and her polecat. The girl didn't seem to be phased by the number of soldiers coming into the room in the least. Instead, she seemed to be gushing over the creature in her hands. Has she lost her MIND?! Sevti thought, incredulous. Surrounded by men with the desire and ability to kill and she cares more about showing off that animal than anything else. A small part of the Panling was impressed by the girl's ability to brush aside threat. It takes all kinds, or so they say.
Tickle-fight champion.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

The appearance of polecat, made the soldiers a bit more nervous than they were, if that were even possible. Rustling about, a pair of them moved closer to Scatha, but their weapons were still sheathed. They simply waited, focusing their attention on possible mages. They were the true danger here. Sir Hagen's orders were not to do anything unless the courtiers caused trouble and so far that did not happen. They were clearly on the edge now, too much magick in the air making them nervous.

The polecat behaved. Cooing as the Dort girl picked it up, it even licked her hand tentatively trying to see if she was worth taking a bite of. Deciding to take a rain check since she was so big, it enjoyed the attention and looked around the room, looking for something that might catch it's attention. Sadly, there were no rabbits so far, and in the end the furry little creature simply relaxed and let the girl pet it.

It was then that the sounds of fighting reached the Throne Room. Steel clashing with steel. It was coming closer. The soldiers became really restless, several of them moving and positioning themselves near the door. Two of the crossbows were also turned in that direction as they stood waiting. Listening to the sounds of what might be their comrades fighting for their lives, they kept their calm as best as they could. Their commander gave them orders and they were still bound by them.

Return to “Erulzat Archives”