Battle of Taloh Samheen 27th (Open)

Moderators: Syra, Mods

Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Battle of Taloh Samheen 27th (Open)

Post by Grey Wolf »

Morning. Sunlight. Birdsong. Well, the morning was there. Not many people would call the sad and blurry little thing that shone a Sun. It was where Sun was supposed to be. It shone, but there was no warmth. No joy. Heavy clouds of smoke hung over the Army of the One. Wind was still howling as the soldiers rose. The morale was not very high as the majority of the forced coughed and sneezed. Sleep did not come easily to anyone. There was no forest anymore. Nothing to shield them from the weather.

"Wanna bet it is gonna rain today?"
"Nah, that would be too much."
"Oh, feeling lucky aren't we? Wanna bet or not?"
"Sure. I don't mind taking your money."
"A coronet says it is gonna rain by the end of this day. Deal?"
"Deal"

There was only dried meat and some stale bread for breakfast. Firewood was unavailable. In the middle of a forest there was no wood. Well, technically in the middle of what used to be a forest only a short day ago. Then it went away. The northern horizon was obscured by swirling ashes and smoke and the fire was no longer visible. Men stood around shivering as the wind drained the last bits of warmth from their bodies. What little heat remained from the fire, drained away during the night. It was not a pleasant place.

"Whose brilliant idea was this?"
"Dunno, some Captain of whatnot."
"A real wise guy, ain't he?"
"Yeah. I hope his butt is all wrinkled up from cold as mine is."

Only one man seemed unphased by all this. Sergeant Cleyden of the Pax Honestus. He was fresh and a nasty grin was pasted on his face. But, then again he was always wearing that nasty grin. "Rise and shine, ladies. Time to earn your wages. This ain't your mama's home. You are in the army now." To say his voice was pleasant would mean one would go to Hell for lying to horribly. "You got half a mark and that is if I feel generous. And I don't. So get up, get something to eat and form up. Understood?" It was a rhetorical question. He was rarely countermanded.

Food comprised of dried jerky and same stale bread everyone ate. Even that tasted a bit like ashes, so if anyone's favorite food was ashes, they were in for a treat. Other than that there was some water and that summed it up pretty nicely. Army was slowly waking up and preparing for a march. According to information the commanders had, they should reach the capitol city of Taloh some time before sunset. Then the Adhiel would pay for their dark ways. Demonic summoners were frowned upon in Western Kingdom.

OOC: Feel free to post. I will be doing several time jumpt in this thread.
Last edited by Grey Wolf on Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Brytan
Moderator & Coordinator Triangle Islands

Post by Brytan »

Brytan got up after as well a sleep as he could have had, considering the circumstances. The morning was cold and dreary and the air was pungant, the scent of ash and soot still clearly present. Almost automatically his gaze turned towards the forest, or the remnants of it. Thick clouds of smoke emanating from the fires which still went on somewhere beyond his line of vision probably, the sad remains of once proud trees protruding from the blackened earth.

His gaze then turned to the tents which made up the camp for the officers. At least they had a roof over their heads...

He got up and stretched a little, taking bread and jerky where he could get it. Saving what he could for later, should there be no time for rest. He rose with the rest of the army, preparing what little gear he had for the trek ahead. He remembered his encounter with Laendral as the cold became clearly present when he started to walk. "That cloak would have come in handy right about now."
[size=84][i]I'm sorry, but I don't know who you're talking about. You must be confusing me with that other guy...[/i][/size]

[size=67]Avatar drawn and edited by me, Darkness concept (c) Topcow comics
Age=28 - SCZ=E - Attendance=daily[/size]
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Laendral was there. In fact she appeared out of the King's tent in the morning, clad in armor and armed. A page held her a horse so she could mount and she and King exchanged a few words. The monarch nodded a few times to agree with what she was saying and leaned to the side to whisper something to a man clad in white tabard of the Holy Order of Dominicus. He nodded and ran off to join a group of his fellow and they rode off towards the forest. Or at least to where the forest was just yesterday.

Sergeant Cleyden was up and about and as soon as the lines were formed his voice boomed over the field. "All right ladies. Time to earn your pay. Forward MARCH." And they were off. Ashes still clung heavily to the ground, but as the countless feet trod upon it, ashes rose sky high. They clung to the skin, got into the pores and made the skin itchy. Breathing was hard, and after a while the lack of air cause the men to become sweaty, only making the roiling ashes worse. And the day has only just begun.[hr][/hr]
Marks passed in the same endless drudge. Feet ached and there was no change. Sun rose into the sky and the little heat it provided only made it worse. Yes, it actually got worse. The air was like an oven. Lingering everyone the heat was almost unbearable. Yet, the men pressed on. Step by step, they got closer. Closer to the forest. For there was forest still. Something has happened in the night and the fire stopped. It has been miles before it was visible, but there was a tree line slowly rising from the ground. Odd columns of smoke still rose up, but there were trees in the distance. Murmurs started, despite the heat and hardship.

"Bloody brilliant. It's still there."
"Yeah, could have walked in shade like yesterday, but noooooo, we had to choke on ashes a bit first. This stinks."
"Shut yer holes you two, or I'll tell ole Cleyden."

It was almost two marks before they reached the forest's edge. Trees, for they indeed were trees lay there, covered in ashes. A thick layer of the stuff clung everywhere and it did not burn. Fire had saved Taquar from burning. Ashes itself managed to stop the fire. Pausing at the edge, the King and his entourage, stopped right in front of the Pax Honestus line. Laendral dismounted and approached the King to converse. If one strained their ears, they might even hear what was being said.

"We'll have to leave the mounts here, Your Majesty. They won't do much good in the forest."
"Yes, yes, I know, Captain. We discussed this already."
"Yes, Your Highness, but I was just making sure."
"I understand. Proceed with the plan."
"Yes, Sir. Good luck out there."
"May Dominicus guide you."

Then she was approaching the Pax lines and conversed briefly with the Sergeant who nodded once and turned to the troops. "Half a mark rest, lads. And then we go in. Use the time wisely."
Last edited by Grey Wolf on Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Brytan

Post by Brytan »

"Go in? Thank Dominicus, no more ashes."

Brytan wasn't any better off than the rest of the men around him, he was feeling sweaty and tired after walking for marks through the barren ash covered remains of the forests of Taquar. His clothes clung to his chest, arms and legs and he was happy he wasn't wearing anything heavier than the leather padding he had managed to scrounge up earlier the previous day.

He noticed Laendral and the king riding together, but he didn't think much of it at the time. He was spending his timing putting his feet in front of the other at the appropriate intervals, while trying to maintain his breathing as best he could without chewing on too much ash. When the sergeant bellowed out his orders and Brytan looked in his direction he noticed that Laendral had showed up again to issue her own orders to the contingent he was in. "We keep bumping into each other..." he mumbled under his breath. Brytan had no illusions, she didn't know who he was and that was probably for the better. He had no idea what lay in wait for them beyond the treeline, except for perhaps a horde of orcs.

Half a mark...Not a lot of time, but now that everyone had finally stopped moving Brytan decided he'd try to clean up as best he could. Looking around for a clean cloth and some water he walked as close to the forest as he dare get and sat himself on a fallen log, facing the trees, to clean himself up. His face and hands were covered in soot and he had to be able to think straight. The black stuff was distracting him.

As he cleaned himself up and drank and ate some where he could find it, he peered out into the treeline, wondering what lay in wait for them in the shadows. The demonic vision from the day before still bothered him as it should any common man, but whatever was out there, Brytan trusted that Dominicus would have his back.
[size=84][i]I'm sorry, but I don't know who you're talking about. You must be confusing me with that other guy...[/i][/size]

Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

It was a bleary half a mark. Men wandered around depressed, a look of desperation on many a face. Spirits were lifted a bit by the trees and the prospect of not having the ashes clinging to everything. The forest looked as gloomy and foreboding as it did yesterday, but now it was tampered by more than a day of bleary ash covered landscape. Even Netheric plains would not look so bad after that. Or perhaps that was what Netheric plains looked like. Here, at least there was at least a birdsong. For indeed, birds sang under the trees and even though none were visible, they were the first sign of life since the forest was burned.

Brytan was not left alone for long, soft footsteps approaching him from behind. Laendral approached softly, with a weak smile. She too was covered in ashes, though she was not as bad off as Brytan was. Armed with a simple staff and with a bow slung across her back, she had no armor on her. A spear rested in her hands. Tight fitting leather shirt and a pair of fine deerskin leggings, clung snugly to her body. Her hair was cut short now, hanging around in a disarray of black locks. "Hey there, Brytan. Mind if I join you?"

She did not wait for a permission, slipping onto the log next to him and offering a sheepish grin. "Thanks. For last night. I owe you one." Her eyes went to the forest and she sighed. "We go there soon. It looks so peaceful. So serene." She sighed again and cast her eyes down. "It was so pretty. Until she came. Taloh is no more. Demons. Orcs. And worse. We go there." She turned to him once more. "I will lead all these men to Taloh. And Pax Honestus is going to lead the way. At least I'll fight next to someone I know. You don't mind me staying close?"
Last edited by Grey Wolf on Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brytan

Post by Brytan »

Brytan sat and prepared. More mentally than physically, since there wasn't really a lot to do but rest. The songs and sounds of the forest were a great improvement from the dreary, grumbling army march they had went through to get here. He was thinking back of his home, Roque d'Ancourt. He wondered if Marissa was ok, having suffered the strange illness which had befallen her but days ago. He wondered if his parents ever got the message that he had been drafted. He...

He heard someone approach and turned to find Laendral walking upto him and inviting herself to sit down beside him on the log. She looked better now, less of the hunted and more of the hunter, although he was in dubio over the short hair being an improvement. It was a lot more practical for combat though...

He listened to her telling of their destination. Taloh. Of what lay in wait for them there. He could tell she cared for this place deeply, and she held great anger towards the demoness who had taken over this place, the one they would face in the end. He was somewhat surprised at her lack for regard of rank. He was used to the nobles and lords sticking to their own, leaving the common folk down in the trenches to fend for themselves, on the streets of Roque as much as on the battlefield of Taquar. It was refreshing to see someone who saw beyond that.

"It was no problem Laendral, I'm sure you'd have done the same for me. In fact, I think you did. I remember a certain orc meeting up with the wrong side of your blade last night as much as one did mine." He smiled and handed her the water he had left. "You know, most people that talk to kings don't go slumming with us commoners." He shot her a questioning look, then laughed. "You're ok in my book. I'll be happy to fight by your side."

Michel Carbonneau
Commander of the Kings Court Army

Post by Michel Carbonneau »

Michel had woken up this morning after quite a strange dream. He had been at the Queen's ball and...he had been the king! Somehow it all had a very strange feeling. He had been thinking about the demon a lot and ways to defeat it. Yesterday the king had decided that a small group was to try to get close to the demon and try to defeat it.

Michel was with his legion, the Pax Honestus. They would ride into Taloh and start off the big battle. He wondered why he had that dream just this night, had she been in his thoughts, manipulating his dreams? There were too many questions...

As he walked around to inspect the troops, still chewing on a piece of bread, he grinned as he saw sergeant Cleyden giving the orders. He was a good man. May Dominicus protect him this day.
"So..sergeant Cleyden..how are we doing this morning?" the Captain said as he approached the man.
Here we are. Born to be kings. We're the princes of the universe. We've come to be the rulers of you all.

Avatar by permission of Amok. [url]http://amok-koma.ru/[/url] ~ eyepatch made by Ulder, with permission of Amok.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

"Well, sir, I got good news and I got bad news." Sergeant grinned. "Good news is, no more ashes. The bad news is, we got the point. Pax Honestus is going to lead the way in. That lady our lads rescued last night is coming with us. But, I thought you knew that already. She just came to me and said it was the King's orders." The veteran pointed with his chin towards where Laendral sat on a log next to one of the Honestus soldiers. "Said she escaped captivity in Taloh." Leaning closer, he whispered. "Says that it was not the adhiel that did this. Adhiel have been forced out of Taloh days ago. Orcs, goblins and dark creatures rule the city. Led by a demon. Or demoness."

Sergeant did not seem phased by all this. Cleyden was that sort of guy. Till he saw those demons and orcs with his own eyes, he was not going to believe a word of it. Besides, if you could stick a sword in it, everything died. Cleyden was good at sticking swords into things. Making them dead. He had been doing it for the past eighteen yahren. Humans, orcs, adhiel, it mattered not. If the King said something needed to be dead, Cleyden was the man to do it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Laendral smiled as Brytan mentioned the orc. "Well, probably. It was a brave thing, going after them like that. And stupid too." Playfully she punched him in the shoulder. "Four against a dozen. What were you thinking? Next time call for backup and forget about silly girls running from nasty orcs. I may not be around to save your life next time." While her words may have sounded harsh her smile was anything but. She had a set of pretty teeth, even though one of those in the upper row was slightly out of place. She nudged him in the ribs one more time and leaned her shoulder against him.
Brytan

Post by Brytan »

Brytan was slightly at a loss for action as Laendral leaned against him. Had this been a park or forest near Roque and had she been any other girl he would have put his arm around her shoulder and tried to come up with sweet nothings to say.

This was Taquar. There was a war on and this was not just any girl. They were sitting on the edge of a burned forest with the promise of orcs and demons to face within the tide. His hatred for the nobility had already diminished greatly when she had chosen to sit beside him and speak to him as an equal, but now it just melted away entirely and he was nigh to forget that she was a member of the people he had a great big grudge against from the day he was born.

Then he thought; "What the Nether, you only live once..."

He decided against the arm, being a bit premature perhaps.

"I wasn't really thinking you know. And next time you better be there to save me cause out of all the people here I can't think of anyone I'd rather be saved by."

He looked down at her and smiled back, all thoughts of combat forgotten for the time being he just took a few flickers to look at Laendral as she sat there beside him and wonder why, out of all the times he could have picked, Dominicus decided this would be a nice time for Brytan to find someone he might be able to fall in love with...

"Yeah, nice going old man."

Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Dominicus..... Mother.... Father..... Any of those Gods could have been responsible for that encounter. Laendral simply did not care. She was not sure if she liked Brytan or not, and even was not sure why she was leaning next to him. I am not falling in love am I? Over some guy who killed an orc to save me? Am I that romantic? Bleh. Can't be. I'm not that soft. Still she kept her shoulder against his, as one arm snaked around his waist. Even she was surprised by that, almost pulling back, but forcing herself to maintain the touch. To do so would be teasing and she most definitely was not a tease.

Chuckling she looked into the young man's eyes. Maybe being amongst humans was not such a bad idea. Even though she earned her place in adhiel community, she was still not fully accepted. There was quite a bit of prejudice against humans in the adhiel society. "Nice discussion we are having." She tried to make an impression of burly voice. "You better save me next time, mate. You're a sport. No, no, you save me first. I like ya." Grinning at her own joke she shook her head. "Next we are gonna pat each other's back and stuff. Let us just agree that we are both gonna survive this battle. I'll kick ya to death if you die on me."

The army was slowly getting ready to march. Sergeant Cleyden was spreading out the supplies as each soldier was given a large canteen of water and some dry rations. They were not sure how long the battle was going to last and he was making sure each of his lads was prepared to last for a while until the supplies arrive. An old veteran came to the lonesome pair on the edge of the forest and coughed, pointing to their canteens and rations, before running off to hand out the rest. They had maybe five burns before the horn would sound and Pax Honestus lead the way into the heart of Taquar.
Brytan

Post by Brytan »

Brytan smiled at her joke. Though he could not help but wonder if that was really how he came across. Did she really expect something other than words mere flickers into their conversation? They had met but one tide ago. "It's just a joke..."

"I'll agree to that. And I'm sure you'll agree to that. Now let's make the orcs and demons agree to us not dieing aswell and we're all set for the day."

Then the cough behind them. An older soldier had come to them and brought some water and food. At least the king took care of the people that he was sending off into the Nether... Brytan got up and picked up the rations, handing Laendral's share to her. Behind them he could see the rest of the army doing pretty much the same, with the officers already busy organising the coming march to Taloh. Brytan knew only little of what lay in wait for them there. Most of those men knew nothing at all. He wondered how many of them would see the light of the next dawn.

Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

The girl took up her supplies and stuffed them into her backpack. With practiced ease, she swung it onto her back and tightened the straps so it would not move much. With a final grin, she motioned towards the spot where the soldiers were already gathering and forming the lines. "Let's go, slow poke. Orcs are waiting and it ain't polite to keep people waiting." She led him back to the lines and looked at him expectantly, waiting to see where he would go, so she could stay close. She meant what she said, and was not about to allow them to get separated. Even though they were on the same side now, she needed someone she could trust. And Brytan was the best choice so far.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was not a long wait. The King was visible to the side, but the young monarch dismounted. A few flickers later, one long keening sound of a horn broke the air. Sergeant Cleyden, standing a few steps away from Laendral, boomed over the field. "Forward march. Into the forest." And stepped forward. The line scattered for a flicker as people followed, but after a few flickers semblance of order was restored. The distance to the edge of the forest disappeared quickly. Darkness loomed under the mighty trees and it was into that darkness that they sought to enter. There was no bird song this day. All the life has fled the fire. Only the sounds Army of the One made were the ones breaking the silence.

Underbrush was thick and strong, and soon the army slowed to a crawl. Only Laendral did not seem to have any trouble moving through the twisting branches. Her feet found little breaks and free spots. It was almost as the branches parted for her to pass. Should anyone try to follow, it would be obvious that it was not so. She just had a knack for finding an easy path through the forest. Soon, the sounds of hacking could be heard from all sides, as soldiers used their swords and axes to cut a path. The air was warm and still, but the shade kept the sun out. No wind blew under the branches and the smell of earth was heavy. It was a place of nature.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day dragged on, but the army progressed further in. Several times, sounds of fighting came through the branches from the side, but Pax Honestus was left alone. Not a living soul was seen or heard. Nothing. News came from the flanks. Orcs in the forest. Small groups. Suicidal attacks. Easily repelled, but there were casualties. Quite a few actually. Night was slowly falling and the forest was becoming truly dark. Laendral kept close to the front and silently led the soldiers of Dominicus deeper into the Adhiel homeland. It was when the crickets started singing that a first lucky break came. All of a sudden they found themselves on a forest path. No more than five paces wide, it led deeper into the forest. The sky was darkening and the first stars were starting to show.

"This road leads to Taloh. No more than half a mark that way. We better get ready. They might be waiting for us." Those words were no more then a whisper. Then her voice rose and she yelled. "Sergeant." A pause as she waited for him to turn. "That way. Half a mark or so. Maybe less if we hurry." The Sergeant nodded and set of. Nothing more he could do.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Inside the throne room she sat. Perched upon the throne, she watched at the trembling creature, laying prone before her. "Go. Get ready. Nobody attacks till they get closer." The pitiful creature rose and scampered off, leaving the ruler of Taloh alone. Slowly she rose and walked to the side. There, chained to a wall, a naked human was slumped, his head hung low. With a delicate finger she rose his chin and brought his eyes to gaze upon her face. Tired, blood shot eyes took a flicker before they could focus. "Yes, my love. They are coming. So many would die this night and I will get my wish. The rift will open once more and I shall finally rule this world. And you my dear, will be the one who enabled it." Leaning closer Blayvanna kissed Borne with the lips of his late wife, and laughed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Brother John trudged through the forest. His companions were seemingly tireless, the six paladins switching places every ten burns or so, two of them always hacking on the underbrush, and making the way easier. Their armors clinked softly in the darkness, as the Inquisitor walked in their midst, his sharp eyes scanning the forest. His leather armor creaked with each step he made, a heavy mace in his hand making him feel calm and sure. With each step he took, a soft prayer escaped his lips. He prayed to his God for guidance and protection. Not for himself, but for all the people around him, human and adhiel alike. He prayed and prayed in the darkness, steps slowly taking him closer to Taloh.
Last edited by Grey Wolf on Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brytan

Post by Brytan »

Brytan took up a slot around the front line's edge. he didn't mind being up front. The Pax Honestus legion was still quite sizeable and walking in the middle of all the bulky soldiers with their heavy armor and packs didn't quite appeal to the likes of Brytan who prefered freedom of movement above a lot of other things, that being one of them.

The walk was better than the march through the burned part of the forest. Looking around and listening to the sounds of the forest almost made him feel like he was out camping in the woods again with his dad. His dad...and a few hundred other guys all bent on killing whatever jumped at them to kill them first. A promising prospect, surely.

With some measure of respect he watched Laendral skip along the woods and underbrush with great ease, while he kept getting caught in branches much like the rest of the soldiers around him. He tried to get some bearing on how she did it and tried to duplicate her movements at certain points to try if he could get the same results, failing miserably most of the time.

Darkness crept up above them, day turning to a night which promised nothing but dread and horror. No one but himself and the officers most likely knew what lay in wait for them at Taloh. Some had heard the reports of orcs attacking while they marched, but the demons...If this was a rock, paper, scissors game, demons beat orcs by two hands and then some...

"Sergeant." A pause as she waited for him to turn. "That way. Half a mark or so. Maybe less if we hurry." The Sergeant nodded and set of. Nothing more he could do.

Hurry, yeah. Hurry to their deaths surely. He sent another prayer to Dominicus as he moved ahead of the larger group a few steps along the road. "Ambush city, this road. Better watch our flanks." He watched his left and right as much he could, trying to listen for anything suspicious that they might come across. They weren't going to be just walking through the gates of Taloh, and he never had liked the more common approach anyway. He moved up a few more steps to get on the same level as Laendral and asked her the question that had been lingering in his mind for a while now. "So, you never did tell me how you escaped emprisonment in Taloh. The main gate is going to be a pain to get in through, you have any interesting alternatives?"

Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

"Main gates?" Laendral looked at Brytan with incredulity. "What main gates? Taloh does not have the walls, it never needed them. The forest of Taquar was all the walls adhiel ever needed. Imagine a fifty mile thick walls. Imagine going through this forest with bow bearing adhiel hidden within. How far do you think you could get? How far before half your army was dead without even seeing the enemy?" With a grim face she looked down the road, and trudged on. "This road leads to Taloh. City of ironwood trees. Or at least it was..... Before she came."

A dozen or so flickers passed, before the Emerald Guard answered his other question. "I was sent to retrieve something from the city. A crown. I failed and they captured me." She smiled bitterly, image still vivid in her mind. "I don't know how long. No more than a couple of days. Then, one of the orcs had a fun idea. He took me out of the slave pen and into the woods, for a little bit of fun." A look of disgust was on her face. "I guess he thought me a little helpless maiden. He untied my hands, and then he died. I broke his windpipe as soon as I was free. But, as I was gathering his weapons another of his mates came. I guess to join him. So I was forced to flee, and I simply ran into the night. Nearly died in the fire. But, I pulled through as it was dying already. The rest of the story you know."

The road stretched forward, straight as an arrow. Trees loomed on each side, and even though the moon shone above and the stars were bright, under the trees the darkness was looming. Torches crackled and the wind carried the scent of smoke. For her part the forest was quiet. Not even the crickets sang that night. Even the animals were aware of what was going to happen. Or were they away for some other reason? Slowly and silently the army of Dominicus was advancing towards he not so abandoned city of Taloh. Burns dragged past, and finally the clearing was in sight. Lights flickered in the distance.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Now. Send the first wave." She said. The creature before her nodded in fear and ran off. Eyes fixed on the crystal clear pool of water before her, Blayvanna chanted softly, her delicate finger dipping into the water and causing it to swirl. But, it did not clear our again, instead an image form n it. Image of a tall blond man in shining armor and dressed in white tabard. "Ah, so you have come as well my dear. How courageous of you. Young monarch who leads by example. How very....stupid. But, it is, as they say, your funeral." A cackle came from her beautiful white throat as a single hand called someone from the shadows. Or something. Floor shook as the... beast approached. "Look , my pretty. A toy for you. Go....Kill him.... Have fun." A growl and it was off, through the window and running.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A movement. Far on the edge of the clearing. Figures, advancing towards the army. Slowly moving closer. "Archers!" Came the clear call of Sergeant Cleyden and Sergeant Ardyl's troops stepped forth. "Take aim! Draw! Fire!" The bow sang as arrows streaked forth. Some were caught in the trees, but almost a dozen found their marks. Yet, the enemy still came. One slow step at the time. Less than two hundred paces apart now. Men around Brytan and Laendral fidgeted. Unease was slowly creeping into their hearts. "Fire arrows. Let's get some light there, Sergeant." Once more Cleyden's voice came. A torch was brought forward and the bundles of cloth on each arrow were lit. "Take aim. Draw. Fire." Another volley of arrows streaked forward, and this time only one did not find it's mark.

The foes still kept advancing, moving forward even though they still had flaming arrows stuck in their bodies. The dead cared not for pain. They cared not suffering. "Sergeant, pull your men to the back. Sergeant Darmuss, step forth. Cut those bastards down. "A man close to Brytan stepped forth and waved his troops forth. Troops that included him and Langredoc and Dranlen. "Second company. Follow me." And then they were off. Down the path, with less than fifty paces between them and the silent dead. Sounds of fighting could be heard from the sides as well. Fires flickering in the trees. Screams of pain mixing with the clangs of steel versus steel. The battle of Taloh has started.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Brother John wiped the blood from his face. Three orcs in the darkness. They stood no chance. All three lay dead and his men were unscathed. In silence the seven of them advanced, the trees and foliage less dense now. Spreading into a ragged line the small contingent of the Legion Purificatio moved towards the city. At the edge of the line as they were, somehow they managed to slip past. Mere half a burn later, the clearing was visible. "FOR THE LIGHT!" The battle cry came somewhere from the right, and John recognized King's voice. But, there was no time for that. "Careful now, my brothers. Silent and deadly." And into the city they went.
Brytan

Post by Brytan »

No gates. No walls. Roque had been Brytan's home for his entire life so he had imagined each great city be like that. Apparently that wasn't so. The Adhiel had no need for stone to defend their homes. Wood sufficed, alive and well. And they had gone and tried to destroy it.

Ofcourse the Adhiel were no longer in charge. Demons and orcs now walked the forests of Taquar as much Brytan knew now. He feared what was to come, for the Nether was a dark and powerfull place and he was almost certain that orcs weren't the most powerfull thing they would run into.

Ofcourse he was right. How he hated to be right...

Arrows soared, hitting the enemy with as much accuracy as one could hope for in the dense woods, yet the enemy did not falter. A sergeant beckoned to move forth and they did. Brytan sensed the fear in those around him, sensed his own fear as he had never seen the walking dead before. The stories told to children before bedtime, to make them stay in bed rather than dart out into the streets to do mischief had always seemed like a distant fairytale. Now he wished it had been. Arrows did not stop them, and Brytan feared that metal wouldn't either. "How do you kill something that's already dead?" He said these words to himself mostly, drawing his weapons and taking a flicker to glance at them. He tried to recall what he knew of the undead, being nothing save that he heard tales of great men of the cloth, priests and paladin smiting the cursed with prayer and steel.

Brytan was not a great man, a great warrior or a priest. Nor were many around him. The odds spoke against them as they neared the army of the dead. He prayed to Dominicus he would see another sunrise then turned to Laendral if he could find her. "Any ideas?"
Last edited by Brytan on Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

OC: ** Everything better then not being able to post at ALL !!, then a short post. Sorry for that. My hands better do what I want !!!

IC:

......Pain......, Langredoc opened his eyes slowly. The taste of death on his lips. He knew he had lost time.... he remembered going back to keep watch. He arrived at the place and then something had happened... Quickly he checked his weapons. It made him only feeling slightly better. The soft voice in the back of his head still complained about something. Something.....

He rose up.... being back at his feet at least gave him a better view of what was happening. A soft curse left his lips. "Red Warrior what the heck..."
Life was full of challenges... he got some more it seemed.
[quote]I am the warrior of the raven, traveling from war to war feeding on the dead and the living alike. Until darkness fall's.[/quote]

Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

She stood in naked, arms spread wide, only a crown upon her head still. Three girls were donning her armor. First came the layer of soft padded clothing, covering her silky skin. Then the touch leather padding, covering the most vital spot. Last came the light chain mail, glinting in the light as she was finally ready for battle. Even as she was covered in leather and steel, Blayvanna's curves still showed. Her crown was all that protected her head, as they strapped a wicked looking mace upon her hip/ Ready for battle she waved them away and stepped froth and slowly walked to join her troops.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Pax Honestus troops advance was slow and tentative at first, but with each step they were picking up the pace. More than a hundred men and women were speeding up the wide road. Where it had been mere five paces wide when they found it, now there was a bit more space. The trees were not growing so close together anymore and the ragged front spread nicely even past the edge of the road. Sounds of steel being drawn filled the night air, screams and shouts coming from the forest to the sides. Still, the dead advanced, their faces clearly visible now. Each bore a wound, many of which were made with what appeared to have been large claw. Quite a few were missing pieces of flesh seemingly bitten off. Men, women and children advanced without order, their steps slow, but steady.

Leandral was indeed at Brytan's size, but her eyes burned with fiery rage. Her answer to his question was quite terse. "They don't have to bleed to die when you cut them." Her spear glinted in the moonlight. "Ideas?" Turning she smiled grimly. "KILL THEM ALL!" Breaking into the run, she brought the rest of the soldiers with her, the Sergeant shouting a battle cry of his own. "NO RETREAT!" Mere flickers later, the running soldiers slammed into the dead weapons slashing this way and that. The dead bore no arms, but they tried to maul and bite those that got close enough. Laendral was right, they did fall when cut or stabbed or mauled well enough. They did not feel the pain and kept on coming no matter what, but tendons and bones were still needed to move. It was the severing of their heads or crushing of their skulls that caused them to stop moving, ceasing their attack. Slowly the soldiers pushed the dead troops back. It would have been a slaughter, if one could kill the dead. Laendral showed a remarkable skill, deftly stabbing the walking corpses in the throats and removing their heads with a wicked twist of the haft. Quite a few soldiers were dead and wounded too, the healers already rushing to their aid.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Langredoc found himself lying prone next to the road, healers rushing past, carrying the wounded, men groaning and screaming all around him. In the distance men fought and were pushing the enemies back towards a city in the distance. A city? Well, there were houses built into the enormous tree trunks, small cottages built around the bases of large trees. The fighting took place mere hundred paces away from him and everywhere he turned there was fighting. The entire forest was abuzz. Then, a large shadow flitted across the opening in the trees that marked the end of the road. At least fifteen feet tall, it had the rough shape of a hunched human, but a set of large teeth glistened in the darkness before it rushed off into the forest on the left. King's voice rose there. "Push them back. They are done." Sounds of trees breaking came to where Langredoc sat, moving towards where the King's voice came from.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Brother John knelt in the bushes near one of the towering trees of the adhiel capitol city. Surrounded by the paladins he observed the gathered orcs, if t hose abominations could be called orcs. Red glowing eyes, faces obscured by dark helmets, each bore an axe and black plate armor. John did not know much about orcs, but he knew it was uncommon for them to wear matching arms and behave like a unit. And the two dozen things there did. Motioning for the paladins to stay still, he waited witnessing Blayvanna's exit and saw the giant orcs form around her and march towards the battle.

"Follow me." He whispered and led his men towards the largest tree in the center of the city, sneaking forward from shadow to shadow. Dark, purple lights swirled around its base and their light grew in intensity with each passing flicker. Thorns adorned the surface of the tree, twisting vines gripping the trunk tightly. The dark doorway gaped open like a maw of some enormous beast and into that place seven brave men went.
Brytan

Post by Brytan »

Battle ensued and there was no time for thought or contemplation. Survival instincts, reflexes and marks of training kicked in as the undead horde pressed forth and collided with Balthasar's forces. Brytan sliced and diced his way through the walking corpses, cutting them down at the neck or slicing tenders in heels and legs when avoiding a mauling arm or gnawing jaw. He did his best to keep his word and stuck close to Laendral, covering her back as she did his with skill he could do naught but admire.

Slowly the dead horde pushed back under the metallic onslaught of their swords and daggers. Brytan didn't notice it really as he fought for his life, not quite ready to join the ranks of the fallen.

Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

It was by pure chance that Brytan got through unscathed, with merely a rather large bruise upon his left shoulder where a tiny adhiel woman struck him with an amazing force. She could not have been more than five feet tall and yet her fist slammed into the human's shoulder like a hammer. She died mere flickers later, but it left his shoulder a bit numb and in considerable pain. Still, it was still functioning and if he chose he could ignore it for a while.

The others were not quite so lucky. Some lay dead, other had their limbs literally torn off by the attacking dead. Still, they were pushing them back and soon they emerged into the clearing that held the city of Taloh. Not much was left of the lower city, the burned dwelling leaving scorch marks upon the fire-proof ironwood trees. It was the Upper city that still stood, the shaper created adhiel dwellings still standing high in the branches.

It was then that the second wave of attack came, this one of a different kind. A swarm of small forest creatures advanced upon the army of the one. Birds, squirrels, rabbits.... They all came upon the soldiers like a tide of flesh. Biting, scratching..... Screams came as the pain caused the soldiers to defend themselves, allowing the humanoid dead a chance to advance once more. It was truly a perfect distraction as the small dead animals, for they too were already dead and were merely animated, made the soldiers prone to the attack of the larger dead.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
John knelt next to Ilario, one of the paladins from his escort. The young man sat leaning against the railing of a large pathway leading up. It was an easy victory. Seven against the two, but one orc managed to strike Ilario's leg with a lucky strike. It was not lethal, but he could hardly stand, let alone walk.
"Leave me, Brother. I'll stay and make sure nobody comes from the back."
It was not an easy decision, but John knew he was right. Standing up he looked up where the path circled the tree. There was still quite a way to go and the battle was not going quite as planned. The Oneist troops were being pushed back once more, and from his vantage point he could see that the demoness did not yet commit all her forces to battle.
"Fine. Stay here and guard this pathway. We shall be back for you once we scout ahead. Good luck."
"Yes, good luck, Brother."
They were off without another word, numbering six now. They sped up towards the unknown, Ilario getting up and hopping on one leg to stand in the middle of the path. Sword in hand, the young man's face was grim. From where he stood he could see the battle and all he wished was to be there and help. Yet, he had a task to perform and he knew it might be important, even though now it seemed not to be.
Brytan

Post by Brytan »

"More, ofcourse there would be more."

Brytan was not a little bit pleased about himself still breathing as they made it to the lower parts of what was probably once a proud city. His shoulder hurt from the blow he took, but seeing what was happening around him he counted his blessings and thanked his God.

Then the wave of forest critters came. Being at the front he had a pretty good view of what was coming at them and Brytan decided against standing in the path of the wave of undead beaks, fangs and claws. He sought some form of safety. Left over walls of buildings, piles of rock or whatever to get out of the direct path of the animal attacks. He wasn't about to get eaten alive by undead birds and since he had no shield to defend himself he hid and struck whenever an opening presented itself, moving with his contingent as much as possible so he wouldn't get cut off from the main force entirely.

Michel Carbonneau

OOC: sorry for yet another long time between posts

IC:

During the entire walk, Michel's mind had already been at their destination. The city..once a beautiful place, now the Nether itself. Was this plan going to work? Was there a chance in defeating the demon? Had the king made the right choices? One thing was for sure, a large portion of the Army of the One would be dead before nightfall. As they came closer to their destination, he shed his doubts and tried to clear his mind. He didn't like walking into battle with doubt. Even if the King's way wasn't the right way, the Nether had to be dealt with. The demon bitch had to die.

For a while, the doubts were gone, but as they continued to walk on without being attacked, the doubts returned. Only for a flicker though. The first wave hit them right when Michel was about to call for a halt. He realised a halt would be useless now that the enemy was in sight and together with his sergeant he unsheated his sword and rushed forward. "FOR DOMINICUS!"

Michel struck out at the dead men, women and children. First slashing out at them as he would with any enemy, but soon realizing that they kept coming until they were decapitated. Things seemed chaotic as everyone was fighting, the captain was in need of a broader scope. How were the other troops doing? Where was the King?
As the first wave was defeated, he had a few flickers to look around and he tried to get a clearer picture where everyone was standing. Where was the king? He hoped that brother John and the paladins had found a chance to get into the city unnoticed.

And then the screaming started again, this time he heard tiny, but fierce growls coming from all around on the ground. Soon he was fending off rabbits and squirrels, crushing them with his boots or slashing them with his sword as he kept an eye on the approaching undead army. "STAY TOGETHER"
Here we are. Born to be kings. We're the princes of the universe. We've come to be the rulers of you all.

Avatar by permission of Amok. [url]http://amok-koma.ru/[/url] ~ eyepatch made by Ulder, with permission of Amok.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

The cover was more than sparse and while a number of undead critters managed to strike at Brytan none of the wounds were serious. No more than pinches and small bites, they were no more than pesky distractions, but they were quite enough to give the other, larger dead a chance to maul the soldiers to death. Several of burnt down shacks stood close by and the Roque recruit was able to find shelter behind a wall, the wave of critters washing over and around him and a few other huddling souls.

Laendral was to the side, still fighting like possessed, her spear twisting and turning, the girl seemingly ignoring the small critters. Were it not for the seriousness of the situation, a squirrel hanging from her thigh might have been a funny sight. Two more undead soldiers fell, as the Michel fought no more than a few paces away from the human girl. He too was rewarded with more than a few bites and pecks, but so far his eyes were safe. Which could not be said for the corporal rolling on the dirt by his side, screaming and clutching his face. "AAAAAAAAAAAAH! MY EYES!"

The advancing dead were no more than five paces away when a soft yellow glow came from the back washing over both the soldiers of Dominicus and the swarming creatures. It was felt by nothing more than a slight tingling of the skin, as it washed over the faithful like a warm breeze. The dead however were affected in quite a different way as those it touched momentarily burst into flames. As the birds fell a pair of priests emerged from the back, deep in prayer the light emanating from their lips.

Even the humanoid dead were affected, catching flames after but a flicker of exposure to the light. It did not last long though, as several arrows pierced the grey haired priest on the right, causing his younger fellow to pause in his chant momentarily and look to see him clutching his throat. The light disappeared in an instant and once more the dead came forward, though their lines were thinner now. It was the middle of their line that held a different sight. A two dozen huge orcs, each over seven feet tall marched forward in orderly lines. Each carried an axe and their eyes had a bright unearthly red glow. A beautiful female dressed in flowing chain armor, carrying a skull shaped mace. Forward they went in a silent charge, no more than twenty paces from the lightly armored infantry of the Pax Honestus Second Company.

"Your orders, sir?" The words came from Michel's side, a weary Sergeant Darmuss leaning against his sword. His otherwise yellowish skin was covered in blood as he bled from several wounds upon his face and neck, but still stood. The remaining troops were slowly gathering by their side, about fifty in number by now. Sounds of fighting came from all sides, as a terrifying roar shook the ground somewhere to the left.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A dozen men lay dead about Balthasar and the beast showed no sign of even getting tired. It towered above them, as tall as two men even hunched as it stood. A foot long claws were as sharp as razors as was evident by the unfortunate Sir Jonas that lay dead nearly torn in half despite his armor. Sir Reginald was not so lucky, his body lacking half a torso and head. He was killed when the beast picked him up and bit his upper body off, seemingly swallowing it along with the armor. He hoped that it could be killed, as it did bleed and scream when hurt. Four long spear were wedged into its front and back, his men holding it in place as the young King and two more paladins darted forward to land a blow with their swords when the opportunity presented itself.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And then there were only four. Two of John's men lay dead at the Taloh throne room doors, having been slain by what he hoped would be final guardians. Three orcs lay dead before the doors as well, each bearing an axe and decked in black plate. The red glow of their eyes was extinguished now, a life of two young men given in exchange for that. John himself clutched his left thigh, limping noticeable, but unwilling to turn back now. Sir Raymond kicked the doors in and dispatched the small scurrying goblin that tried to dart past them.

The throne room was empty, devoid of all life. Several corpses lay strewn along the floor as well as hanging upon the walls in various states of decomposition. John's eyes shot to the side as he thought he saw a movement, almost dismissing it when one of the corpses stirred again. Rushing to his side, they found a naked man chained to the wall, his body covered in wounds and scars. Defiance flared in Borne's eyes, as the Necromancer looked up to spit into his wife's beautiful face. And stopped, staring at the man before him. "Who.... Who are you?"
Last edited by Grey Wolf on Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Brytan

Post by Brytan »

Brytan turned his eyes to the left as the roar emanated over the battlefield. Watching the undead falter at the priests' prayers did him good and with the wave of forest critters mostly evaporated he returned to his place at Laendral's side where he had promised to be, striking at any undead in his path.

It was then that he watched the orc guard march through the ranks of their enemies, the woman in the middle with the horrific mace.

"Demon spawn..."

He looked at Laendral then back at the oncoming demoness and her personal guard. "Dominicus, I so hope I'm wrong." He couldn't help but shake the feeling something about this scene was off. Ofcourse, a lot about it was off. The dead walking, demons and orcs marching harmoniously against the armies of light. A feeling started gnawing at the back of his brain. A feeling of imminent danger, of betrayal. Demons were tricky, everyone knew that. Laendral's escape was maybe too easy? "No, she can't be. I'm seeing things. That blow to my shoulder must have worked it's way to my brain..."

He shook the doubt and took position to strike when ordered. "I'll find a way to survive this, I have to, for Marissa..."

Michel Carbonneau

The struggle between darkness and light was everywhere, not only could it be seen, everyone felt it in their body, mind and spirit. Michel could feel the adrenaline rush through his body as he heard the corporal scream, heard the undead fall, felt the rush of light go through the battlefield, almost instantly followed by the utter darkness now approaching them. The orcs were huge and the female..the demon..she seemed so cold..so untouchable.

For a flicker everything else faded away as Michel remembered the confrontation he had had with the demon. His eyes sought hers, although he could feel the fear deep within, he also felt the determination to stop this evil. She would be destroyed, one way or the other.

The question of sergeant Darmuss woke him from his trance. The captain knew what he had to do, he had already lost around half of his legion, all brave men. Looking at the orcs, he knew many would follow. But this was their part in the war. If the King's legion and brother John's party of paladins succeeded, they would all succeed. A small grin appeared on his face as he knew that Darmuss had already realised the same thing.
"Call the remaining infantry to charge to the front, we're going to stop this bitch."

The captain walked to the front of the line, gesturing the soldiers to stand beside him with his sword. He was not going to advance just yet, hoping the remaining infantry from the back would have time to get to the front. It was here where they would make their stand. Holding his sword up into the air he looked at the girl in the middle of the orcs. "FOR THE LIGHT!" He shouted, hoping to get the others to roar with him as they awaited the inevitable battle.

Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Turning to find Brytan, Laendral shot him a brief smile before her eyes caught sight of the approaching demoness. Gripping her spear till her knuckles turned white, she slowly backed off, towards him and spoke, still looking forward. "That's her. The Nether spawned bitch in the body of Borne's wife." Her face and hands were covered in numerous cuts and scratches, and she looked weary, though fire still burned in her eyes. This place was once her home and now she had a chance to set things straight. To kill the beast that destroyed the beautiful Taloh, killing countless adhiel and twisting its beautiful trees into the abominations they were now.

It was the Sergeant's strong voice that broke over the din of the surrounding battle. "Master Sergeant! Send in the heavy infantry!" A similar shout answered that call from somewhere in the back. "First company! Form up and follow me!" They came, at a run, orderly ranks of heavy spearmen rushing to the aid of the remaining Legionnaires. Master Sergeant Cleyden himself led them, flanked by Sergeant Wedge on his right. A rather large long-hafted axe rested in Master Sergeants hands, gleaming in the flickering light of countless undead bodies still burning upon the ground.

Forward they came, about two dozen beastly orcs charging twice that number of Pax Honestus light infantry. And arrow whizzed past, catching one of those beasts in the thigh, penetrating the armor there, but he did not even miss his stride. Forward they came as a few of the men already turned trying to find a way out. There was none. To the front there were the orcs. Dead advanced upon the sides. The back held their fellow Legionnaires and the dreaded Sergeant Cleyden a lust of battle burning within his ice blue eyes. Slowly his axe rose, a roar rising from his and the throats of the men around. "FOR THE LIGHT!"

The orcs answered in kind, their cry a lot more feral, more of a primal roar than a shout. The heavy infantry was still a good twenty paces behind their comrades when the orcs crashed into the ragged line. For a flicker time seemed to stop, an almost eerie silence covering the battlefield in that one moment before the bodies connected. Then as suddenly as it stopped the time returned back to normal. Some of the orcs did not even bother swinging their axes, simply crashing into the bodies of the smaller human in front of them.

Laendral's spear found the chest of one such orc, his momentum pushing her back almost two paces, even though her foot was locked behind the butt of the spear. Through the chest plate it went, pushing through the flesh beneath and struck the back plate with a resounding thud. A creak as the hard wood of the shaft bent, and then broke, the orc still standing and swinging his axe at the girl, but thankfully unable to reach her. Dropping the spear she whipped out a simple staff, shod in iron on both ends and leapt forward.

Brytan was of no such luck, as an orc sunk his axe with a sickening crunch into a fellow next to him, sending his dead body into the young man. Tripping upon another body to his right, he fell, the dead man falling over him as orcs advanced past. His vision was almost completely obscured, only his Captain visible, standing with hands limp at his sides. A beautiful chain clad woman approached him, a wicked skull-shaped made in her hand, a cruel smile upon her perfect lips.
It was a bit different for Michel. There was a thunderous roar from the approaching orcs as they broke into a full run, their huge axes raised high. Blayvanna charged in their midst as well, her eyes finding Michel's a cruel grin upon her beautiful face. A soft music filled his ears, quite akin to a lullaby, causing his eyelids to grow heavy. He could almost feel soft caresses of feminine hands upon his body, one even reaching to his crotch and squeezing his manhood. A soft tinkling laughter filled his ears, in perfect harmony with the haunting music, growing louder as she approached him, her mace held high. It was so hard to move, to lift his sword, an overwhelming desire to be hers filling every grain of his body. Orcs simply parted to side, allowing their Queen to slowly walk to him, a wicked grin upon her face.
Strangely the Beast showed signs of exertion, Balthasar's own hand almost numb from a glancing blow he got. His muscles protested as he leapt forward time and time again, seeking to wound the gargantuan Something that they battled still. Though the air was warm, the beasts breath came out in small puffs of steam, as its swats became slower and slower. Two more soldiers came, slamming their spears into its chest, and then all Nether broke loose. A deafening roar rose as the beasts eyes flared with renewed age, its malevolent gaze lowering to look upon the pesky humans before it.

A youth before it, fell backwards spear falling out of his hands, as the beast swatted at the spears this time, easily breaking them and suddenly breaking free. Forward it leaped and literally stomped the stunned youth into the ground, as the other soldiers scattered backing off in fear. Only the young King remained now, flanked by a trio of Royal Paladins. The grey haired Sir Ronald Greyson and his young son Richard, panted heavily to his right, with Sir Marco Varnetti, leaning upon his thin sword on the left. In that moment of respite they looked at each other and at their King, a smile spreading over their lips. All four charged as one, weapons held high as the battle cry rose above the din of battle. "FOR THE KING!"
"Brother John of the Purificatio. What happened here?" John's eyes turned to gaze upon the corpse strewn chamber.
"Playthings for her pet. Food. Prisoners. Slaves." Bourne found it hard to keep his head up, but felt his will slowly returning.
A vortex of light swirled high above the chamber, green motes of light gathering high above their head near the ceiling. Each new flicker brought more and more of them to life, as they floated in through the windows to join the others. Sir Raymond stared up as if transfixed, casting puzzled glances towards his companions.
"Hers? You mean the she-demon's?"
A grim smile came to Bourne's lips as he looked up. "Yes. Blayvanna's. She is the one who burned the Taloh. The one who has my wife's body. The one that tortured me for what seems like an eternity. The one I raised the dead for."
Suddenly a green lightning played upon the walls, dancing a circle around the room before disappearing. A small circle formed, like a window to another realm, a multitude of pained screams reaching forth, as all the eyes in the room shot up. A bleary red landscape was visible.
"It has begun." No more than a whisper, the words came from Bourne's lips before he slumped down once more, shaking.
Last edited by Grey Wolf on Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “T'aquar Archive”