Following the Trail - Gotham - Samheen 26th ET

Moderators: Ashari, Mods

Gotham Devoue
Civus

Post by Gotham Devoue »

"Pan-like fun?" the crusader questioned. Gotham had not been in the isle long enough to know the lingo, let alone customs that they held. He knew of the centaurs, and their native crafts, and even the fact that they lived off the land than most of the creatures on Tazlure. They took what they needed and that was it; not nearly as wasteful as the Oneists. He envisioned Pukka to be this tiny little woman, since she was of fae blood. He envisioned her to be beautiful, naturally, and even smart beyond her years... however many that was. Somehow, Haley had really stricken a nerve in Gotham's mind since he couldn't escape the thoughts of the shapeshifters. They would be so valuable if they would help, if not, the odds were against them dearly.

"If the kanthrops have never technically been on the isle, how do you know this much about them? I've read, I've read a lot, but never have the shapeshifters been mentioned. I know a little bit about swan maidens and how they can sprout magical wings, but other than that, no mention of people who can completely change," Gotham said a little exasperated. "Shi-" he stopped suddenly. "Paloma doesn't know what's happening.. or maybe by this time she does."

He let the notion go once the male faun told the story of the centaur. "Oh, wow. I would have never guessed that it was a tale of his life... I guess I didn't know as much as I did. That is a very impressive trait of them I supposed." The white knight would have continued on, but the question of how he felt stopped him in his thoughts.

Gotham pondered the inquiry for several burns and Haley eventually started off again. How did he feel? How did he feel when he stole the weapon from that tent? How did he feel switching sides, since that was the right thing to do? Or was it?

"I feel honored to be carrying something the means so much to someone," he said bluntly. "It seems like such a simple thing, but the life of someone else is invaluable... priceless. To know that I carry someone's life in my hands is something that I have never felt before. It drives me to know what I am doing is indeed the right path," and that was all he said while they continued on the trail.
"Protect life... until death."
--Leeloo, The Fifth Element.

Avatar by Ashari with stock photo of [url=http://www.myspace.com/jamesson]Jamesson[/url].
Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Ashari »

"Pan-like.. you don't.. know much about Pan, do you?" Haly asked with no note of subtlety. Haly knew a lot about Pan. He was, after all, a creature created in his god's own image. Goat legs and horns were the token signs of the horned god. His merriment was mischief, however, arts and revenge were quite enjoyable as well. The strongest of emotions, and, particularly lust were under his control.

The faun listened as Gotham remarked about the staff. "Yes, it is a amazing thing to carry. A person's life. I wonder.. do you think he misses it?" Haly would. He enjoyed his life a good deal, and he wouldn't have liked it if someone had come and taken it out of his little home.

"The Kanthrops were on the island, but they left, and they took the middle of the island with them. Shame, really. They left. AND they left a big hole in the center of the island where there's a great lake now, it wasn't there before. With the island coming back down.. well.. I'm not sure where it'll land. If it lands in the middle there'll be a lot of water with nowhere to go, I guess, but if it lands on the coast - I don't know what sort of directions they can give it. I don't suppose it's much like a horse with reigns and what-not." The faun shrugged.

"Would you like to know more of Pan, Gotham? Pukka would teach you. She can teach many things of our God."
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Gotham Devoue
Civus

Post by Gotham Devoue »

The white knight shook his head no, and he wondered who in their wisdom made this gesture the universal 'no.' He left the consideration go, and listened to the faun. "Does he miss it?" Gotham questioned the beastly creature. What was there to truly miss? If the spear was actually someone's life, than sure, even the man that held it would long for such an item back. Gotham didn't completely grasp the concept of taking things that didn't belong to him. He found it, so what seemed to be the problem?

"How can you miss something if you never had it? And really, if he wanted it that bad, he wouldn't had left it behind. If I find him on this isle, I will gladly give it back. Or, maybe I'll add to it," he added with something dwelling deep in his heart.

The crusader who came here to convert the heathens, now befriended them. Could he use his gifts of persuasion to convert the Oneists to the side of righteousness or would he fall to the damnation of Dominicus for trying to follow the correct path?

"Would I like to learn more about Pan?" he repeated the question as if it was more difficult to comprehend, than just a simple inquiry. "Yes, I would," but at what price? What would Gotham do to learn more about Pan? To what lengths would he go to gain the knowledge that he sought? He knew at that moment he was going to learn too much about himself on this isle.

Avatar by Ashari with stock photo of [url=http://www.myspace.com/jamesson]Jamesson[/url].
Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Ashari »

"That's true. He ought to have kept it with him." The faun shrugged, and kept moving. "So you do want to learn more? Then Pukka would be the one to teach you. Absolutely. She knows much about how people feel and how to best show them about Pan." He blushed a bit, but it was impossible to tell in the darkness. "And she's beautiful, as well." Haly had a strong feeling that Pukka would like to learn from Gotham as well. She was an inquisitive creature prone to quick and rash feelings, but also a deep love for the world around her and the people that were in it. She could feel that deep love for anyone who proved themselves worthwhile, and Gotham could easily be one who could enjoy the rays of her sunshine, if he put the effort into it.

The pair travelled for a long time, moving through the underbrush, always slowly closing the distance between Gotham and the people he wanted to meet up with. As they moved Sevti was beginning to grow tired of the pace of the half-giants she made her way with. They rested, and realized that it was as good a place as any to stop for the night. Gotham couldn't be granted such a reprieve, however, not if he wanted to catch up with her and try his best to stop her from getting killed - or worse.

It was marks later, as the white light of morning filled the sky over head, that Haly paused at the ending of a tree line. They'd passed through plenty of clearings without pause. "There they are." Haly said. They seem distressed over something, atleast that little one does." He shrugged. "If you want to meet Pukka, then call to her at night. Go into the woods. You'll have to be brave. There are great things in the woods... great and dangerous things. They'll kill you, but if you want to know, then you will go. She can help. I'll go to the Centaurs... I will speak to their council."
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Gotham Devoue
Civus

Post by Gotham Devoue »

"Morning... again," the crusader said under his breath. It was one thing to stay for a few days, it was another thing to stay up and move. Gotham had never done anything like this before, and was proud of himself that he could do many things if only he would put his mind to it. His eyes weren't as pleased with his state, since they squinted through the trees at the party ahead of them.

"Haly, I owe to a great deal. You do not understand how much you have truly helped. I will call you Pukka, since she knows what I want to know. And for whatever slumbers on the road ahead I'll be prepared for. I'm not alone in this fight, and others will come. Yes, talk with the centaurs, seek their aid and guidance. I will see you soon," he said before stepping out from the brush.

OOC: La fin! Pleasure as always. Can we get on to killing some Oneists now?
Last edited by Gotham Devoue on Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Skilled by a fauning fan.
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Return to “Aveas Archive”