What Manner of Sorcery is This? [~Open!!~] Sam 29 GT

Moderator: Mods

Talanwei Fortisse
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Talanwei Fortisse »

It had been a long day, and Fred Jones was beyond tired. He had just spent the last two hours cleaning up an office building. It was amazing how slovenly a group of business men and women could be. Yet this had long ago ceased to make Fred flinch or even think twice. It was the longest held job he had since he had been working at Taco Bell. He was driving his Geo Metro down 5th Avenue and he was fiddling with lighting a cigarette. Normally this would not have been an issue because he was an above average driver.

So he thought.

Somebody ran in the road right in front of him; that had to be it because if his eyes were not playing tricks on him the person popped into existence right in front of him. There was no way that was the case and on a related note there was no way the middle aged janitor was going to avoid him, her, or whoever. Fred tried to slam on his brakes but as close as he was there was no use. There was a sickening crunch but it wasn’t bone, flesh, muscle or anything like. It was the hood of his damned car! Hitting this person was akin to hitting a telephone pole and Fred was thrown forward as his car had stopped dead. The airbag exploded and he was saved a collision with the steering wheel. Fred looked over the deflating bag and saw two legs as big around as small trees digging into his crumpled front end.

Fred’s jaw dropped and he slowly got out looking up at the huge woman. She was tall, almost surreally so, muscular, but unmistakably female. Suddenly he was scared for his own safety, she had easily stopped his car...with her damned legs! What could she do if she wanted to go after him? Fred spent no more time thinking on this and began to run in the opposite direction of the giantess. He was damned if he was going to get squashed by a giant lady with a hammer. Was that a hammer? Fred didn’t waste any time looking back and got out of the road.

Domingo had seen the situation from farther off and the woman pop into existence in the middle of the road. He had been looking at the street one moment and she had simply appeared in the next. Neit cut an imposing figure even in Tazlure but a woman over eight feet tall was unheard of, least of all in the sprawling urban jungle of New York. The bouncer was just as amazed by the situation as all those that beheld it. Luckily everyone had fled from the scene and the giant woman armed with a hammer and as of right then 5th Avenue was nearly emptied of people for blocks in either direction. She caught sight of the huge sign and started walking toward the club. Domingo had perhaps the most backward mindsets of all because ran toward Neit. The bouncer was not intimidated by her size though she was a full two feet taller than he.

“Good God, are you all right? I think we’d better get you inside. You’ll be fine in here...” said Domingo indicating the door she would have to duck under to get through. Once inside however there was a vaulted ceiling that she would have no problem standing to full height under.

***~~*~~***

“You got yourself a deal sugar! Or Draydis was it? I’m Shelly and you can catch me when you get to dancing,” Shelly shot her sunny smile to the tattooed Adhiel and pointed her finger as an imagined gun.
After Talanwei had spoken, a bewildering look of mild confusion and realization painted the learned magus’ face. He spoke and it was good fortune that Asht remembered the young paladin. The sorcerer, ever the gentleman, introduced himself to Dory in a befitting manner for a Lord. For a few moments Dray seemed to sit in silence and Talanwei looked at the adhiel warrior as he struggled with his uncooperative memory. His flash of realization was a lightning bolt and the Achadiel could almost feel it. Excitedly he spoke, something of a blade dance and the paladin smiled both inwardly and outwardly. He remembered the skill of the Captain of the Emerald Guard well, for it was this skill that had saved Talanwei more than once. The tattooed adhiel cleared the dance floor still exuding his excitement. Dray closed his eyes and after a few moments he shouted

“I’m a warrior!!”

With that Dray burst into motion. It was intricate movement that showed his innate grace and lithe power. His swords flashed as twin brands of glittering light in the pulsing strobe on the dance floor. Since the Adhiel was moving to the general beat of the song Preston, the DJ, did some genius work with the lighting to match the pace of the warrior. Talanwei grinned, as he looked at all the eyes locked on the display.

“That’s the way Draydis!!” shouted Talanwei with hands cupped to his mouth. This was what the paladin remembered, this was what made the Adhiel a master of the blade. After a few minutes of the intricate sword dance, the song ended and the people that crowded around the edge of the dance floor erupted in cheers. Dray made his way back to friends, both old and new talking excitedly.

“Why? Because you are the Captain of the Emerald Guard! A master of both blade and bow, and a devoted follower of the Mother Crone,” he said this with a large grin, “That I remember clearly. Those blades have saved many a neck, and namely my own! Don’t worry overmuch my friend, your memory will return and we will be here every step of the way.”

The paladin had responded first to the words Dray had spoken. He was overjoyed that so many Tazlurian natives were together in this odd place. Their common origins from their world even though they hailed from different places altogether were still tying them together nicely. From the corner of his eye he saw a young Achadiel approach, in a clean and crisp black suit. The young man was dressed impeccably and was strikingly handsome. Adante walked up to the group and spoke, and apparently the youth hailed from Trothgard. When he bowed to Dory who was the only female present at the moment, Talanwei grinned because what had started as clear confident speech broke into a slight stammer in the face of a young woman.

“Trothgard you say? Aren’t you a little hot in those clothes my friend?” Talanwei said this in jest and extended his hand to Adante. It was up to the young Achadiel to accept it as he saw fit.

***~~*~~***

Marius hung back behind Shelly who was leaning over the counter toward the group of Adhiel and Achadiel respectively. She was so interested in their conversation it couldn’t be helped. Those from Tazlure had a certain air about them that simply drew attention. The Achadiel was a surprise to the wizened old man because of his appearance directly into the club. The half giantess was already being ushered into the club, or so Marius hoped. What had had started as a small group was swiftly becoming a large one. The old man smiled, he needed all the allies he could gather. He waited for all to be brought together in the safety of the club and for them all to get their bearings before he would address them all.. They would have to be ready for what he was to propose in both mind and body.
[b]Convo Kill Count[/b]: 1
[b]Funny Chat Moments[/b]: 3
Adante Tinuviel

Post by Adante Tinuviel »

Adante Tinuviel was having trouble in finding the right words to say to the pretty Adhiel, and so when another male achadiel wearing a rather stranger yet seemingly more comfortable clothing approached him, he sighed in relief.

He shot a quick smile at the lady for respect and then gamely shook the Achadiel’s hand. “Greetings sir,” Adante immediately replied, instantly finding his recently lost voice. “Yes, I agree with you! I do indeed find myself “hot” or rather striking in these clothes as well! Thank you for the compliment!” The Achadiel snickered mischievously.

“T’was a joke, a joke of course,” Adante added quickly, not wishing to be disrespectful to the stranger. “I understand what you meant of course. This clothing indeed feels hot and also quite…uncomfortable.” He gently tugged his collar to emphasize his point. “But then, yours is just as… er… ‘unique’ as mine, and so is his… and hers… and everyone else's.” He pointed at Dray and then Dory.

“Uh do you know their names by the way, oh!,” Adante paused. He was about to mention the Achadiel’s name but he realized that he didn’t know it, or worse, he forgot it. “I’m sorry I can’t recall what your name is. What is it again? Have you mentioned it already? I guess my brain and reasoning isn't functioning properly today.”

Amidst the music and friendly conversations, Adante could still hear the weird tiny box ringing loudly from a distance.
Last edited by Adante Tinuviel on Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Post by Ashtallion Urdil »

He found it odd that the number of adhiel and achadhiel were slowly increasing, yet he would not complain, although he felt no less comfortable in the presence of humans, the sheer mass and numbers that he had found himself caught in the midst of earlier had been a harrowing experience for the mage.

Draydis started...dancing...which only served to confuse the sorcerer even further. His friend was in a strange place and apparently had forgotten his name, yet he starts dancing. Well, if such could be called dancing, it looked more like Dray was preparing to take on a horde of demons and zealous Oneists. Never the less, Ashtallion claimed solace in the fact Dray was here and Talanwei.

Despite not really knowing the achadiel, Ashtallion had recently surmised that he possessed a steady head and would remain sound under pressure. Pray the Father though that such does not happen this day...

Something intrigued him about the young half breed and he rested his gaze on the youth, he had spent decades watching others and considered himself a proficient judge of character, it was something he would no doubt continue over the span of centuries which would be his lifespan. " I could use a drink... ", now this was unusal, for Ashtallion was not one to indulge in alcohol, finding it interfered his control, but surely one glass of wine would not hurt.

Post by Guest »

Neit smiled at the reaction of the man inside the tiny metal...horse? With a shove, the vehicle was easily pushed back several paces. It was then that the half-giantess noticed that the entire road was suddenly devoid of people...save Domingo. A laugh escaped from her lips...if these humans were all frightened that easily, some of her more unusual and evil terroristic plans would be quite fun here...

She looked at the human that approached her with a smile. As usual, there was no sense in portraying herself as anything other than a kind, innocent female grunt. "Yes, I'm quite fine...I've had worse. Why did he attack me?" She truly did not understand the world she was in and though she was not afraid, there were many questions.

A shrug was given and Neit and her hammer entered into the bar. She ducked down to avoid hitting her head on the door frame, but despite crouching, her back scraped along the top part of the door. Once inside, Neit was able to stand at her full height once again. She smiled at the group of adhiels at the door, especially once she saw the inside of the building. It was still full of strange things, but it felt much more like home...
Talanwei Fortisse
Tazlure Supporter

Talanwei laughed deeply at the young man’s words. He smiled as he nodded appreciatively. Adante seemed to be a nice enough fellow prone to a jest or two. It was a direct opposite of the attitude he displayed towards a woman. It was an odd enough quirk but Talanwei attributed this to the relative youth of the Achadiel. Talanwei had seen too much to retain this youthful sort of naivety and relative innocence. He had seen people die, both loved and hated alike. Things such as these took the gilded lining of life away revealing the unforgiving steel beneath. This did not mean he could not share the good humor the boy had however. Indicating each in turn he spoke the names of the companions gathered thus far.

“I am Talanwei, the young lady to my right is Dory, the striking gentleman with the impressive tattoos is called Draydis, and the magus with the gilded head of hair is Ashtallion, but you could probably call him Asht.,” as Talanwei spoke this he saw the look in the Adhiel’s eyes. He looked out of sorts and even the slightest bit uncomfortable, “Excuse me for but a moment.”

Talanwei sidled up to Asht just quickly enough to hear him express the need for a drink. The paladin grinned as the Magus looked at him. It was his hand that he put lightly on the shoulder of his friend. Was it wrong to call him friend after a relatively short time? The Achadiel did not spend much time thinking about this.

“A drink you say? Should we approach the barkeep and request something?” said Talanwei pointing to the large man with an ebony beard behind the bar. The wall behind him showed a myriad of drink whose color ran the gamut of the rainbow and beyond. The paladin normally did not show a proclivity to alcohol but he felt that it would be all to indulge for one night. Before the Magus could respond however the large frame of Neit came into view. Luckily the Achadiel had seen half giants before and he was only mildly surprised. After they had a drink perhaps they (or Talanwei by himself) would approach and greet the tall woman.

“What say you Asht?” asked Talanwei giving his glance back to the Adhiel mage.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

As the achadhiel placed his hand on the mages shoulder, there was a sudden tension, the suppression of a flinch, but as swiftly as it appeared in his golden eyes, it vanished, hidden behind the secrets that drifted like shadows behind in unwavering and steadfast gaze. At the mention of the drink, Ashtallion allowed a small smile to dance across his lips tentively. " Yes, Talanwei.....I do not normally indulge, but this situation calls, nah, it demands something stronger than water. "

The appearance of half giant that entered next caused the sorcerers eyes to widen in surprise and a hint of alarm. The big woman did not seem threatening and watching Talanwei's regard of her, the mage decided to remain silent, turning to the bar. " Kislovani White barkeep. Two glasses... ", he eyed Talanwei, unless you prefer Red? Not as smooth, but still full bodied... or something else? ", the mage himself stayed entirely from spirits and would most likely have but half the glass of kislovani white. Something struck him though as he looked back to the man behind the bar, " I'm assuming to have Kislovani wine, good sir? "

Asht ran a hand through his hair again, removing stray strands from his face and vision. Despite the circumspect circumstances in which they all found themselves, it seemed the very name of this place, a reminder of home, indeed sought to calm its patrons.
Adante Tinuviel

Adante nodded as Telanwei mentioned each of their names. He looked at everyone carefully, and tried to associate the name with the face. Although it normally takes much time before the information sinks in (especially with his still confused state, and given poor memory), Adante was nevertheless thankful.

So he smiled and patted Telanwei’s back when the latter excused himself. His bright brown eyes followed the Achadiel as he edged towards the golden haired Adhiel. (What was his name? Drash? Ash? Yeah Ash sounded right… right?) It appears that they’ll be having a drink.

Adante smiled inwardly. He found Telanwei to be a good man; a far too friendly and accommodating good man. He wondered how many people he could accommodate simultaneously. It must be really stressing… or was it to the contrary? Adante shrugged. It was too early for him to make such assumptions. Nevertheless, he thought that he might as well just give him a hand.

With that, Adante slowly approached the two. He was planning on joining them in their chat and perhaps in their drinking as well, but the appearance of the gigantic woman suddenly stopped him in his tracks.

He looked up at her, wide-eyed. It wasn’t fear that took him, but rather astonishment. It was his first time to see a half-giant, and he never knew that a being could be as towering as the person in front of him. And he originally thought that he was already quite towering himself…

Manners, at last, started to creep into his head. “Namaste,” Adante hastily greeted, his awe and curiosity deliberately drowning the awkwardness he usually felt among women. “Forgive me, but it’s quite my first time to see a…er… you.”

He was supposed to say what her kind was, but then he realized that he didn’t know what she was. Feeling stupid, Adante Tinuviel smiled uneasily and offered his hand. He wasn’t quite sure if the action conformed to the towering woman’s proper way of introduction, but he nevertheless continued. “I’m Adante Tinuviel of Trothgard. Pleased to meet you… si…er ma’m.”

Post by Guest »

For a moment, Neit just looked down at Adante. She was quite used to his reaction as it had happened her entire life. While some would take great offense at being stared at like he was doing, Neit found amusement in it.

She let her eyes narrow as she stared down menacingly at the man. With a deep growl in her voice, she spoke to him. "My my...and here I thought I was going to have to settle for prepared food tonight." Her tongue licked her lips as if she were holding back from salivating all over.

A few steps were taken towards Adante until she was well within reach of him. After a few more flickers of starting at him, she simply laughed...all signs of hostility quickly disappearing. "You have no need to be worried. I'm just big." A smile showed him her nice white teeth. Despite her large size, Neit was very attractive. "I am Neit. I hope my sense of humor did not offend you...it's just that you seemed a bit startled about my appearance." She smiled again. "I promise not to eat you."

A quick look around the bar made Neit feel much at ease. "What is this place? I was demolishing a building, and suddenly, I was hit by one of those metal creatures outside....I think I killed it." She shrugged. "I've never seen a world like this, and am not sure how I arrived."
Adante Tinuviel

Adante was completely caught off guard when the towering figure suddenly acted menacingly. He had an impression that everyone in this strange place was friendly, and so there was no need for him to be wary. Who would’ve thought that someone would suddenly pop out and try to eat him?

The immediate need to turn from being friendly to aggressive jolted the Achadiel. The cogs in his head began to turn, clearing away his then foggy thoughts. His instincts started to take hold of himself, and the “fight or flight” theory was immediately put into play. He automatically took several steps backward and reached for his daggers, which he found out, after a little patting and shuffling of clothes, to be missing.

Not good.

Adante’s eyes widened upon realization. Fear slowly crept into his being. Adante fought to stay calm and tried to analyze the situation. But just as when he thought that he had come up with a great escape plan, the half giant began to laugh, and all her hostility vanished just as it quickly appeared. Or so it seemed.

Had the achadiel possessed a weak heart and spirit, he would’ve died, then and there, of too much emotional stress.

The sudden change from friendly to being hostile then to being friendly again all the more added to Adante’s head ache, and rendered him totally speechless. He nevertheless managed to flash a weak and unsure smile at the half-giant’s direction.

“Oh…,” the achadiel started, slowly finding his voice once more. “That’s er… some good humor you have there uh Neit… hehe…” He was still keeping his distance from Neit, just in case she suddenly decides to change her mind again, and pounce on him and gobble him up whole.

“This is uh my first time to see er your kind. I mean. Uh. People like you don’t frequent my hometown that much,” Adante licked his lips, a hint of hesitation and hostility echoed in his usual melodious voice. “So uh sorry for staring at you… I didn’t mean to offend you or something…”

“I uh am not from here either, so I can’t be of much help to you. Neither do I understand the things that are happening right now… er uh… maybe you could ask those people over there? They seem to know a lot about this place.”

And they look much more confident to talk to you, Adante thought grimly as he glanced sideways towards Asht and Telanwei’s direction. They didn’t seem to look bothered at all by Neit’s presence. Was he missing something?

Post by Guest »

Her sense of humor had actually scared Adante to his bare nerves. It was not intentional...perhaps...or maybe it was? Neit was typically a kind person to those that did not offend her, but lately, she had started to feel more and more at ease at hurting others. It began with a cruel prank or two, jokes at the expense of others. Though she did not know it, the path would eventually lead her to killing others for the pleasure it would bring her. Of course, it would all be in the name of her cause...which was yet to be defined.

With a shrug, she offered another apology to Adante and turned to the others at the bar. She approached them, though remained silent until they acknowledged her presence, as it appeared they were deep in a conversation of their own...

In the meanwhile, she thought to herself of the reason why she would be wisked away to this strange land. What purpose did Dominicus have in bringing her here? It seemed like a place that was very different from her own. Did Dominicus want her to destroy it and teach the people a lesson for straying from His teachings? Or was it simpler than that...but what? The questions danced around in her head until the men she stood before talked to her...
Talanwei Fortisse
Tazlure Supporter

The two approached the bar that was run by Harold. The man stood at six feet and six inches with a long black beard. His skin was swarthy in addition to this with his large and roughly rounded frame he looked imposing but the grin playing under his facial hair belied his good nature. By appearance alone he would have looked more suited to being a bouncer or a security guard. This wasn’t the case however, the man was simply to gentle for this. Domingo was the one who could fight and do it a heck of a lot better than Harry. The large bartender was finishing mixing a pink Cosmopolitan for a young lady when he was approached by the two men.

Talanwei allowed the Magus to take the lead and order the drinks. The Kislovani White was definitely a good decision because though the paladin enjoyed the robust flavor of the Red it was simply too early in the night for this. He nodded once, "The White will do me well."

When Asht gave a query to the large man, Talanwei noted the confusion on the man’s face with the request. It was definitely possible that the humans of this world knew nothing of Tazlure. Yet it was the name of this place, the feeling of home, that made the Achadiel think that if they were to get Kislovani wine anywhere it would be here. Nevertheless, Harry scratched his head and grinned so wide his eyes nearly closed.

"Eh, sorry boyo’s. I’m afraid I dunno what ya’ mean exactly. We have some diff’rent wines but I dunno bout a...Kislovani kind I don’t guess," said Harry with an accent that would have reminded those acquainted with the highlands of Islay of a native to those lands. In this world however it would have been more accurately defined as an accent more in the Irish or Scottish vein. Talanwei thought perhaps the request for Kislovani White was perhaps too pointed to be seen to. Talanwei had been idly watching the interaction between Neit and Adante and the smaller Achadiel seemed shaken by something the tall woman had said to him. The giantess laughed good naturedly and Talanwei saw Adante point to Asht and himself. Neit started to make her way to them after a short bit of talking and she stood before them. The Achadiel looked up at her and smiled about to greet her before ordering a drink.

"Well aren’cha the tallest lass I ever laid eyes upon! You’re nearly two heads taller than me, ye are," blurted Harry in open amazement. The large man’s eyes and expression were utterly benign and were nearly laughable in their innocent nature.

***~~*~~***

Marius had watched with much interest the adhiel, whom sorcery seemed to simply roll off of in palpable fashion, and the half adhiel who carried himself with a confident air despite the unfamiliar nature of the world around him. Shelly was absorbed with Draydis, even if she was not vocalizing this and he had to tap her shoulder for her to notice that he wanted to exit the coat check area. She started under the old man’s light touch and leaned to one side.

"Sorry boss man, kinda spaced I think..." she said smiling.

"It’s all right child, I am going to speak with our guests so if you see anything out of the ordinary you tell me okay?" said Marius in his odd accent. It was on the edges of his speech softening the harsher sound of human English. He walked out and came first to Dory and Draydis. The old man even despite his age bowed respectfully to both of the guests.

"Namaste Draydis and Dianissiya. I would be honored if you would join me along with your friends upstairs in my office. I know that the circumstance that brought you all here is a mystery but if you indulge me a bit longer, all will be made clear," Marius spoke this in flawless Adhiel. He favored them both with a kind smile that wrinkled eyes the color of the sea and the corners of his mouth. Again he bowed yet did not wait for an answer in the affirmative. He said something very similar to Adante and then turned his ministrations to the group of three being the paladin, the Magus and the giantess. Fortunately, Marius intervened before Harry could insert his foot any farther in his own mouth. There was something dangerous that lurked beneath the surface of the woman but nothing he could put his finger upon.

"Thank you Harry, for your astute observation my friend," Marius apologized to Neit with his eyes, "My friends, I know you have just arrived but if you would accompany me upstairs in my office I would be able to treat you both and you as well milady to a glass of Kislovani wine. It is an excellent vintage and I would also accompany this with some insight as to why you are all here. Will you indulge an old fool such as myself?"

Talanwei regarded the man closely, his expression was stoic and slowly melted into a half smile. If the paintings on the wall looked like home and the atmosphere felt like home...this man brought the whole feeling together. The paladin felt personally, for he could not speak for the others, that Marius had the same feel as a native Tazlurian.

"A glass of wine would be perfect! What do you all think?" his eyes first went to the Magus for whom he had already developed a heavy respect for.

[hr]ooc: sorry, busy weekend but I'm back in action :wink:[/hr]
Last edited by Talanwei Fortisse on Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Neit smiled when the barkeep made his comments about her height. She knew that he meant no harm in anything, so she decided to have a bit of fun back with him. With as seductive a voice as a woman of her height and size could muster, she flirted with him. "Hmmm....two heads taller? That would put your face right...about....here...." With a playful movement, she slowly and gently traced her finger between her breasts.

It was at that moment that Marius intervened. She nodded at his suggestion and headed for the stairs. After he indicated there would be wine, Neit looked over her shoulder at Harry once again. "Wine? Perhaps that would help me to lose a few inhibitions." With a giggle, she turned back towards the stairs and followed the others to the office.

There was no intention in doing anything with Harry, but it was fun to play with his mind anyway. Some would call is cruel or mean to play with another's emoions...for Neit, it was just all part of the game.
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre
Wolf, Commander Emerald Guard

Post by Draydis Quinn D`Anorre »

The weapon display had concluded at the close of the song, and a slightly worn out Draydis headed back towards Shelly. He was drawn to the girl's voice and strange accent, and found himself wanting to learn more about her. With the swords back in their scabbards, he approached her again. "M'lady, I guess I was wrong...these do appear to be my blades. I must apologize once again for my lack of memory...it is something I do not understand. However, the gentlemen at the bar seem to know me, and I guess I go by Draydis...and I am the commander of some sort of military unit." He shrugged. "In any event, I'd like to take you up on that dance now if you would like?"

It was Marius that interrupted then...

If it wasn't for Marius' manners, Draydis would have been annoyed at him disturbing Dray's flirting attempts. "M'lord, I am quite interested in understanding this all...and knowing more about me if you could help."

He waited until Marius had gone to talk with the others before he focused his eyes back on Shelly's. "M'lady, it appears I must be detained for a bit. Perhaps you would give me the honor of a dance later in the evening?" He gently took her hand in his own and kissed it as he bowed towards her. In his native adhiel, Dray spoke to her before he parted. "Though my memory is not complete, you, my flower, will remain in my mind."

He gave the woman a kind smile and then turned to head up to the office with the others...
Raevyn: Serving billions and billions since Sam. 15.

DMD Member since 2005
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Ashtallion regarded the tall woman as she approached, his eyes fillied with interest rather than fear. There was not a man nor woman in this room that he could not slam against the wall if need be, the half-giant included, though her size would have proved...wearisome. " I've never seen your kind before, Lady. A pleasure I must say.... ", he bowed his head slightly before focusing on Marius. The old man held an air of mystery about himself, something that Ashtallion enjoyed immensely.

Talanwei looed to the mage and Ashtallion suppressed the smile that threatened to spread over his lips. " I see no reason why not...especially if it means a glass of Kislovani. Its been a while since I allowed that liquid to sitr my palate. ", he nodded, following Marius towards the stairs.

His sorcerous senses swirled with a slight narrowing of his eyes, waves of sorcery washing out from him, seeking out magical wards or traps as they progressed up the stairs.

Post by Guest »

If the others had been pulled into this world relatively easily and with mild disorientation, Alon felt as if he was being pulled directly through the Nether. The worst had been memory loss but nothing such as this. It was as if his soul was being dragged through shards of poisoned glass. The Condotierre did not cry out though this was single handedly the most excruciating pain he had experienced. There was pulse after pulse of skull splitting force driven like a wedge into his mind and with every passing flicker he felt his resolve crumbling. Never mind the presence he felt hovering around him, like a caged beast that was waiting for him to cry out and devour him whole. Never mind the feeling that just behind this oppressive blackness it felt as if nothingness in its purest form threatened to sweep him away...it was the damnable pain, exquisite and growing ever faster.

It was then that he was struck with a blast of pain that had the force of main cannon of the Lycos. The rolling impact, though disembodied, nearly broke his mind in two. His voice was not his own, Alon screamed without lungs, without a mouth, into the Aetheric blackness...nay it was the Nether, it had to be. The young Condotierre’s heart quailed in the face of the underlying terror he felt and when the initial pain ceased he shouted for help.

Make this stop!! Dominicus, I am yours to command! Have I somehow not carried out your will?! What have I done to deserve your disfavor?

For an eternity placed in a few flickers, there was nothing. If Alon had a body to show his despair he would have sunk to his knees, back bowed by hopelessness and his head would hung in a sign of surrender. Just as he was about to lose himself in the blackness, the pain peeled away from him and he was left gratefully, undeniably, to the relative silence of this blackness. Alon felt a presence circle around him. He automatically struggled against the enfolding arms that were trying to grip his soul.

Don’t fret child, your pain is gone is it not? I have come to save you from this and bring you back to the light...so to speak.the voice, a man’s that was silken and pure.

Into his whole being poured a sense of warmth that was intoxicating. Alon was too weak to fight harder, the warmth was too comforting, too overwhelming to mount a stronger defense.

Very well, what do you want of me? suspicion, distrust, these things tainted his reply.

Now, now child...no need to take a tone like that with a friend is there? endearing, the man was trying to be friendly.

I haven’t deemed you friend yet stranger... again, Alon did not trust the all to perfect voice that addressed him.

Surely if I delivered you from this perpetual night I would engender myself nicely... the open ended statement was meant to bait Alon.

It would certainly help your cause whatever that may be. How do I know you were not the one causing this pain? however the young warrior was no fool and still held his own ideas.

You wound me sir Condotierre! I am but a wandering soul that is here to help you in a time of need. though he affected a wounded tone, something told Alon that not much “wounded” this man.

Fair enough, what do you ask of me? the young man spoke these words with a sigh of acquiescence.

If you help me once I get you back to the Tether, I will deliver you from this... the words were unabashedly manipulative.

I can promise you nothing. My life is for Dominicus and the Condotierre. Since you are neither Dominicus nor the Commandant of the Legionairre, my allegiance is my own. Alon spoke clear and strong into the dark, aiming to make his words heard to the unknown presence speaking and any others that lurked as he did.

Very well, go now into the light and you will see me shortly. You will know me by sight, Alon Metivier. the man spoke one last time, laughter in his voice and he was gone in a dark whirlwind. The dark seemed to sunder before the young Condotierre and he cried out in surprise.

It was night. Or close enough for government work. Alon felt a chill wind on his exposed face and he shivered involuntarily rubbing his arms. They were covered in a soft white cotton that composed his shirt which one would have recognized as a track jacket. It this had a zipper that Alon was completely puzzled over and was fitted almost impeccably to his upper body. Denim trousers (jeans) wrapped his legs loosely that were a light blue. A predominantly white baseball cap with the intermingled letters NY was on his head tilted slightly to the left. Buildings scraped the heavens on either side of him, he felt a queer disorientation in stomach and he looked out of the alley to the street. There was a moderate amount of people walking down the sidewalk and Alon looked at the sign at the corner, it read 1st Avenue and Grant.
Adante Tinuviel

Adante Tinuviel was still musing over Neit’s character. He had watched her joke around with the barkeep, and he couldn’t help but question his wariness towards her.

Perhaps she is really playful? Perhaps she didn’t really mean to eat me? Perhaps she was just trying to be friendly, and what did I do?

Something within him tugged him. It scolded him for acting improperly and aggressively towards a person with nothing but good intention.

But I was merely reacting to the situation, Adante thought defensively. How would I know that she was being playful? And besides…

It was at this point of reflection when Marius invited the group to his office. Adante absentmindedly accepted his invitation. He started to follow the rest towards the second floor, all the while debating to himself.
Talanwei Fortisse
Tazlure Supporter

On the top of an office building that was a few to the left of Tazlure and across the street were four figures. Simply looking at the top of the building it would have looked like a white figure flanked by three plumes of grayish mist. If one was on the roof close enough to examine further, the three plumes would more accurately look as men do, albeit mildly translucent whose finer facial features were lost in the haze of whatever their bodies were made up of. In the front of them was a man, cloaked in white with hair a color deeper than the night. If Alon would have seen it, it would have reminded him of the dark that had near consumed him. His skin was the color of wintry cream a few shades off from the cloak and robes he wore. The black hair flew free in the wind and was razor straight just past his shoulders. Around hooded black pupils was a thick band of violet that composed his iris. His eyes were a slanted almond shape; that would have looked exotic to even the visitors from another world. This man’s face was not handsome, chiseled, or those types of things. Instead, it held an aching beauty with bone structure that was tapered and seemed delicate. There were no wrinkles that bespoke neither laughter nor anger. It seemed as if emotion had not crossed his face for the duration of his life thus far.

"Master...what do you command? We are eager to serve," said the leftmost shadow. Its voice was androgynous and came as a light touch of wind. The leader of the group cast a feline glance over his shoulder. His lips then curled into a self satisfied smile and he looked back at Tazlure. Marius had done a good job of keeping the place hidden, until now. The aged sorcerer had initially proven wearisome but it was time to finish things. There was an imposing man standing at the entrance, Domingo if he remembered correctly but it was not only this man that guarded the entrance. No in fact it was the powerful yet subtle wards that hid the inhabitants from sorcerous senses and fortified the building against to moderate magical attack. Sadly enough for Marius, those from Tazlure simply smacked of their foreign nature and were easily tracked. In addition, the wards were strong certainly yet nothing beyond his power to tear down. As for Domingo, it was laughable what he could do to the man if he were so inclined.

"Two of you, I don’t care which, go to the new arrival, Alon. He is on 5th Avenue in the alley specifically. I want you to attack him but do not kill him. Make him think the people of this world are heathens, slanderers of Dominicus. In turn make him think that he has killed one of you in the name of his God. I will take care of persuading him, all you need do is attack," said the man as a long fingered, dexterous hand came from the white folds of his cloak and he left it palm up for a moment. A slim cracking of black sorcery ran the length of his hand and a dagger, or what passed for it in this world, came into being. A disaffected hand offered the dagger to the first hand to grab it. With a subdued popping sound two of them were gone. The growing wind whipped around the man standing on the edge of the roof. It did not affect the creature next to him, seemed to merely pass through without hindrance.

"Master Janus...pardon our eagerness but we would..." said the singular entity. The man, named Janus, raised a hand to silence the voice. He looked down at Domingo.

"I know your mind as well as my own, yet you will wait. Until the time is right." even as he said this he weaved a light sorcery to mask his presence. Even the sorcerer, that was as strong as Marius once was, would not be able to detect him...that was until he wished him to. He closed his eyes and reached out to the young Condotierre.

***~~*~~***

Shelly was amazed by what Draydis had displayed on the dance floor. He flipped and turned and moved like the wind. She cheered and whistled as he finished and was leaning fully over the door as he came back...to her! Shelly had to say the Adhiel was intriguing and that was putting it lightly. Tattoos and scars ran the near complete length of his body at least what she could see of it anyway. The country girl blushed only barely at the thought. These thoughts weren’t intentionally sensual and it surprised her that they even came to her, least of all about a relatively unknown person.

"Well you’re pretty handy with those things there, Mister. That was pretty darned impressive!" her endearing twang in her speech resounded once more and he spoke formally. When he asked her to dance Shelly grinned and she started to open the door to take him up on just that. When Marius interjected, Shelly’s mouth formed a pretty pout and in her mind she lamented the injustice of it all. This did not last long because Draydis took her hand and kissed it lightly. The Emerald Guardsman then bowed respectfully and Shelly felt like a courtier in some medieval time. Why wouldn’t she? There was tattooed military man, with swords around his waist talking to her as if she were Juliet on her famed balcony.

"Aren’t you sweet? Of course Dray, I’ll be waiting for you to be done talking to Mr. Vengaali," she gave him her pretty smile and watched as he walked with his eclectic group to talk to Marius. It was odd, because as normal as her boss was, he seemed to seamlessly blend with the group, most of which had oddly pointed ears. Then there was the large woman, taller than any man Shelly had ever seen...

Harry blinked a few times totally taken aback by Neit’s behavior. When she ran her finger down the middle of her chest, the large man couldn’t help but watch and he swallowed almost comically. Almost instantaneously his cheeks colored a deep red and he rubbed the back of his head sheepishly.

“Heheh, well ah’l be darned. You’re embarrasin’ me miss," said Harry in his particular brogue. The bartender normally intimidated most but this was not his desire in the slightest. In fact the bearded man was so soft hearted that even this barely risqué display had sent him stumbling around his words. It didn’t matter that she was joking it had the same affect as if she had been completely serious he would have reacted much the same. Then, when she commented about the wine, Neit looked directly at Harry and only served to deepen the crimson his face had become. Marius shook his head as he started to lead them up the stairs after Asht had spoken. The stairwell was made intentionally larger than usual but still not large enough for Neit to enter effortlessly. As they made their way up, Marius could feel the Asht's senses expanding, the sorcery pouring from him as he reached out to see if there were anything out of the ordinary. The mage would feel something, that much was certain.

"Do not worry good Magus. I wish none of you harm, you will feel wards, likely all around you but they are woven to keep things out not to keep you all in. I will explain all to you shortly," said Marius looking over his shoulder. No matter how hard he tried, the aged man could not contain the hint of urgency that ran as an undercurrent to his tone. The old man took them into a large office, that had relics that men and women from Tazlure would have known. There were glass cases with parchment, books, and there was a large oak cabinet that had a heavy lock in the corner. Next to the locked cabinet, a squat wooden wine holder that had a myriad selection of wines from both Tazlure and this world. It was to this fixture he went and took a bottle of Kislovani White vintage A.D. 1215. Marius was partial to the Kislovani himself but he used them sparingly for there was no telling when he would be able to procure himself more bottles of the coveted beverage. He poured a glass for Asht, Talanwei, and Neit then paused.

"Who else would desire a glass? Once we are all sufficiently taken care of, I will tell you all that I know..." said Marius, smiling lightly.
Adante Tinuviel

“Oh I would like to have a drink too, if you don’t mind.” Adante Tinuviel said, with an underlying tone of relief. Finally there was something that he could properly identify in this world. He looked around, and found out that the room was quite familiar too. He saw ornaments that he thought were quite similar to the ones he saw in Kislovan. There was even a wolf skin rag on the floor, no doubt a work of a Trothgardian hunter. Yes, Adante liked this place. It was a hundred times better than the confusing atmosphere of the level below.

If it is so, then why am I not feeling at ease? Why do I feel that something is amiss?

Adante’s bright brown eyes involuntarily landed on Neit. He took in her huge and intimidating psyche. The half giant was indeed big, but she had a playful attitude and a seemingly innocent air going about her. Adante shamefully averted his eyes. Of course, it was guilt that was causing him this. What else could it be?

Then his eyes landed on Marius.

Series of questions immediately gushed into his head, like water suddenly freed from the dam. Who was this guy? Why does it seem that no one actually knows this guy? Why did he invite them to his office? What was it that he wanted to inform us?

His eyes narrowed. He didn’t like what was happening to him anymore. He was constantly at a loss, and he felt trapped—trapped in the world of uncertainty. He knew that he will never truly be at ease until he has fully grasped the meaning of the events, and until he has finally escaped from this pit hole of darkness. Until then, he will continue to act as the observant and seemingly harmless Achadiel, with cunningness and knives well hidden beneath his crisp and elegant black suit.
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre
Wolf, Commander Emerald Guard

Post by Draydis Quinn D`Anorre »

The interesting woman with the strangely attractive accent was left behind, and Draydis felt as if it were time for business. His demeanor became slightly withdrawn and completely serious. He accompanied the others up the stairs to the office...and then suddenly stopped at the door; refusing to enter into the office.

It was the presence of the wolf pelt on the floor that shocked and angered him. Such a majestic creature as a wolf should not be one subjected to having its pelt removed for the purpose of being a floor covering. Many hunted the animal solely for its fur, and the adhiel warrior was angered by that cavalier attitude towards the Mother's creatures. His eyes narrowed into slits as they were cast upon Marius. No words were spoken yet...his demeanor let the man know that something was terribly wrong. Oddly enough, Draydis had no idea why the presence of the animal pelt on the floor made him feel so angry...but he knew it was a significant reason.

It then triggered in his mind. He remembered another adhiel...a brother of sorts. ~Thrandil.~ The name echoed through his mind that was slowly opening with newly remembered names, faces, and memories. ~He called me Wolf.~ A certain affinity was then felt for the animal whose pelt was now reduced in status to being merely a rug for others to walk upon. Additional anger welled up inside him. These further thoughts and memories fueled the burning rage that was building.

"How would you like your pelt to be reduced in significance to something that others would tred upon like dirt?" The words were slow and sharply pronounced. Each one was a barb fired from his lips with intent of each stinging quite sharply. "I hope for your sake that this is how you choose to honor such a majestic creature and that you're not one that hunts for sport. My Mother does not appreciate those who treat nature in such a poor way." The words were just as cold as the prior sentence, and did little to mask the obvious threat.

Draydis did not understand his sudden bad reaction to seeing the wolf pelt on the floor, nor did he understand the emergence of a dark and sinister side to his personality. All he knew is that he felt like a personal code of his had just been broken and the words needed to be stated. And who is his Mother? The way that Dray spoke of her, she must be some sort of nature enthusiast.

For but a flicker, a slight trace of green and black energy swirled in the eyes of the Crone's warrior. It was undetectable to Draydis, and only those looking at his eyes for that brief moment would have seen it. He slowly kneeled and touched the pelt with his hand. His eyes closed and he imagined how the animal had felt when it was alive. He pictured it running through the trees with other wolves. It was then in a better place. In the adhiel tongue, words were quietly spoken. "My friend, may you find peace in the green forests of the afterlife and no longer be confined to this place of disrespect." It confused Draydis as he spoke the words....words that seemed alien to him, yet at the same time, natural. He was further confused by what seemed to be an attempt to communicate with the wolf's spirit. He opened his eyes as he stood once again, not really noticing the reaction of the others present.

The appropriate words were now spoken, and there was little Dray could do about the harm that was done to the wolf. Marius had them here for a reason, and this situation would have to be resolved later. Dray felt as if he had a purpose for being present, and Marius' transgression should be forgiven now that he was called on his error. A spot next to the door was taken by the guardsman and he slowly clenched his fists and relaxed them as if pumping the anger from his body. With time, it dissipated and he was able to focus on the task at hand once again. He refused to fully enter the room, as Dray did not want to disrespect the honor of the creature by walking upon its pelt.
Raevyn: Serving billions and billions since Sam. 15.

DMD Member since 2005
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

He did indeed feel the wards, and Asht was thoroughly impressed. Was the man a wizard? Most likely so, the wards were like nothing he had seen before. The mage desired to find out what he could from the old man. Asht took the wine, holding the glass for a prolonged moment as his golden eyes watched Marius intently before raising his glass and smelling the wine first. He closed those golden eyes, savouring the fragrance that rose to meet his senses. Flashes of Kislovan tumbled through his mind, beauty and grace.

Finally, taking a small sip, he allowed the texture to caress his tongue, revelling in its taste. " I for one am extremely curious as to why we are here. ", his eyes remained on the glass for now, eyes studying the liquid within. " It is not the first time I have found myself in such a situation, not knowing where I am or why I am there.... ", he eyes rose sharply, though they were not threatening, merely filled with the gleam of curiosity. " ....and I dislike not knowing. A certain lack of control is attributed to such, and I'm sure you can appreciate how such makes me feel. Wizards are not accustomed to being without control. "
Dianissiya E'Dorian

Post by Dianissiya E'Dorian »

Dory was way to preoccupied with this new world to have much interest in those of her own home land. Of corse she smiled politely and greeted all hose who arrived, something called TV had taken most of her attention.

She was only distracted once someone actually came to greet her and the others and asked them all upstairs.

She moved at the end of this bunch of Tazlurians, hardly realizing where they were going. Now Dianissiya found a new "play thing". It was the camera on that lace around her neck. Such an odd thing, at first Dory thought it was a strange kind of jewelry, but now she was pretty sure that in her hands was some sort of mechanical devise. At least it didn't seem to have a magic field around it. And that was part of her grand discovery - it didn't seem there was just about anything that worked like magic. She couldn't really imagine how it could be explained mechanically, but it just seemed that that's the way things were around here.

Dory accepted a glass of white wine, but set it aside on the table. A wise decision, because in just a few seconds the thingshe was preoccupied with, flashed brightly in her face, causing Dory to jump up and drop the camera.

"I..um accept my apologies. I didn't know it did that. " she said looking around her companions. How embarrassing!

Dory bent down to pick up the flashy-thing and found a glowing image of her face partly blocked by her own fingers and hair. The shot was taken from an unusual angle what maid the photo look rather funny.

" Oh! Look at this!"- she said turning the display so that everybody could see.

OOC So sorry I dropped out of the action for a bit. A friend of mine was in a car acsdinent, so you'll have to forgive me.

Post by Guest »

Before Alon walked out on the street, he thought he heard a sound behind him. It was the sound of a whistling pop and then the murmured sound of voices. It was then that two men emerged from the shadows of the alley; one taller than Alon and the other a head or so shorter. The Condotierre turned fully to them and took a few steps toward them.

"Hile, signores...I am in need of assistance in this odd place. Can you tell me where I am?" Alon said this and his mind was still in a fog. If he were more attuned to magicks he would have known that these two were not normal mortals of flesh and blood like himself. To his eyes they looked as he did, albeit much worse for wear, then there were the wild looks in their eyes.

This Alon could read clearly and thus he stopped his forward movement but he was too close for safety’s sake. A glittering arc traced the path of a blade that had been heretofore concealed by the smaller man. Alon dipped backwards and it cut the air where his face was.

"Die, Oneist dog! Praise be to Pan!" said the taller man as he swung a piece of rounded wood at the young man’s leg. The Condotierre’s rush in his blood made him react even more swift than was normal. A crisp raise of his leg that then arced out to kick the swinging arm of the attacker served the purposes of avoiding injury and disarming the man. He dashed low and inside of the man’s open frame striking out with his two hands with a shove. The taller attacker was sent tumbling backwards and as the man fell, Alon caught a glimpse of his ear that went to a sharp point under disheveled hair. Why would an Adhiel attack him unprovoked? How did he react?
Talanwei Fortisse
Tazlure Supporter

Janus felt Alon attack his minions. The young man lashed out swiftly and expertly but his mind was still confused. The young man was obviously ill at ease with attacking another, even an Adhiel, without just cause. The Condotierre would have to trade this rationale for something more easily manipulated if the white clad sorcerer was to use him effectively. Zealous god worship would do perfectly for Janus’ cause, the only catch was imparting this to Alon and making him act hastily. The ebony haired man closed his eyes and sent his thoughts to the confused young man. He sent them as whispers, mere suggestions, with nothing substantial to overthink.

Kill them.

Kill them now!

Quickly or they will kill you!

Janus thin lips curled in another smile and if it weren't for the malevolence that ran as its strong undercurrent it would have been striking.

Post by Guest »

Alon wanted to act as Dominicus willed him but it was hard to differentiate the whispering in his mind with the situation before his eyes.

“Stand down! I mean you no harm!” even as he said this, the shorter adhiel with the dagger had closed on him swinging the dagger wildly looking for an opening to cut the human open. There was an audible swishing sound as the left handed attacker kept up a steady assault. Alon knew that with this maniac charge, there would be a stroke landed by pure luck alone and he had to break the adhiel’s equilibrium. A horizontal slash was avoided and he ducked in close, throwing a tight, fast uppercut into the midsection of the adhiel. A quickstep backward and a kick sent the knife flying skyward. The tall adhiel that had been knocked to the ground stood up with a gun in his hand. Alon didn't know the weapon for what it was and stood tall as he caught the dagger in its downward flight.

"You are without blade, I ask you once more to stop your attack," a moment after the words left Alon's lips, the brick behind his head to the left exploded as the object in the adhiel's hand belched flame. With not so much more as a thought the lithe Condotierre dove like a falcon toward the nameless adhiel and plunged the blade to the hilt under the assailant’s ribs. The adhiel's eyes bulged and he Alon pushed him off of the knife edge. The other adhiel, seeing his comrade die, quickly fled into the shadows. Alon's hand was covered in blood and the edge of his sleeve had a small splattering on its edges. The Condotierre looked at the knife and before his eyes and in his hands the weapon changed shape, its blade elongating, a portion of the hilt made a basket for his hand. It grew until it was the size of his Schlaeger with a wide blade and a silvered basket that was encrusted around its edges with deep blue sapphires. The blade was without equal, this Alon could easily see through its expert craftsmanship. The weapon winked out of existence and a plume of blue energy curled around his right forearm for a moment before seeming to dissipate.

“What manner of sorcery...?” muttered Alon. Confused, he began to walk out into the street and unconsciously made his way through the thin flow of people. He held his head with one hand wondering exactly what sort of madness had gripped him. No one would fault him for killing the murderous Adhiel but Alon was worried that more would pursue him. Again the voice came to him...this time as softly as silk and reassuring.

Post by Guest »

Neit watched each of those present in the room with her with curiousity. What made each of them tick...what were their mannerisms...what motivated each of them. All of these questions were important when attempting to dismantle another's confidence, destroy their lives, gain leverage over them, or simply terrorize their every waking moment. She smiled inwardly for an unknown reason. Lately, it seemed as if evil thoughts were beginning to form in her mind more and more often. Even things such as teasing the poor bartender to the point of him remarking was a form of entertainment for the half-giantess.

No words were spoken by the large-framed woman as each individual spoke words or conveyed their thoughts with merely their body language. Instead, she studied each of them. It was unknown why they were all here, but there was a reason. It served Neit well to have patience and find out the purposes of their gathering prior to doing anything that would compromise her life or true character...

Return to “Erulzat Archives”