Post by Talanwei Fortisse »

ooc: Nobody loves me anymore...*sigh* Image

Seriously though guys! Where are ya?!
[b]Convo Kill Count[/b]: 1
[b]Funny Chat Moments[/b]: 3
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre
Wolf, Commander Emerald Guard

Post by Draydis Quinn D`Anorre »

It was not the call to arms that Talanwei shouted that urged Dray to drop his bow, rather it was the foolish challenge uttered by Alon. Usually Dray would not mind the taunt, and would have continued fighting with his bow, but Alon seemed to be in the mood to be taught a lesson...from two swordsmen.

"Shelly, m'lady, it seems that the fair gentleman wishes to cross blades with me. Please be safe..." He smiled at the woman as she unleashed a fury of arrows. "...after all you owe me a dance." With a wink and a grin he turned, blades in hand.

It was then that Draydis felt the tingling sensation...and noticed the speed at which Talanwei was moving his own swords. ~Is this what Marius was talking about?~ Slowly, the guardsman began to spin his blades about his body in a similar display as he had done earlier that evening on the dance floor.

"My friend, you still have time to back down on your challenge. It hardly seems fair for two of us to fight a fool such as you." An evil gleam was in Dray's eyes, as he truly cared not whether it was a fair fight. At this point, he was only interested in the feeling of warmth that the man's lifeblood would give to his face as he slit open Alon's throat.

Slowly, Draydis stalked towards the man. There was plenty of room yet to close before he could attack. He savored the moment. It would be a deadly dance...and he preferred to take his time to truly enjoy it.

"Tell me, my friend. Which limb would you prefer me to remove first?" The words were sinister as his icy eyes fixed on his target. Every intention of ending the man's life was present as he approached.

A few flickers passed as Dray watched Alon fighting Talanwei. An analysis of his opponent's strengths and weaknesses would help him to toy with his prey once he entered the combat.

Draydis was no fool though. He had encountered far too many enemy mages in his life, so his senses were kept sharp for an attack from the mage that the others were fighting. One mistake could result in pain and death...
Last edited by Draydis Quinn D`Anorre on Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raevyn: Serving billions and billions since Sam. 15.

DMD Member since 2005

Post by Guest »

Neit chuckled at Alon's demand for her to join him. From her point of view, he was working very hard at becoming extinct. Above the sounds of battle, her words were shouted.

"I do nothing for no man!"

With that, the half-giantess watched the battle unfold. She watched for signs that she was about to get into danger, at which point she would just leave the building and go scare more of the general population as she had done with the man in the car that hit her earlier...
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Post by Ashtallion Urdil »

Ashtallion heeded the old sorcerers words, silently sending his acknowledgement. He waited until Marius was ready, preparing himself also.

The Aether responded to his command. His power was greater than it had been, this strange world seemed to be the cause of it. Doubled infact, and with it Asht braced himself. The magus opened his soul and the aether poured in unchecked. It was a torrential amount of power, Ashtallion shuddered and convulsed with the potency of it all. Light, blinding white and furious channeled through him, and with Marius signal, it thundered in the elder adhiels' sorcerous wake.

His hair and robes danced wildly as though caught in a wind storm, raging white fire blossomed around the wizard, pure aetheric light unleashed into the world. There was so much though. Ashtallion concentrated on maintaining control, so much power running through him he had to keep it partially contained least it burn him from the inside out, reducing him to little more than ash.

Marius! Hurry!
Talanwei Fortisse
Tazlure Supporter

Talanwei eyed Alon warily, making sure that the human didn’t dart forth with that speed he had shown earlier. At Dray’s words Talanwei loosed a rich laugh gripping his blade that was glowing with the power of his god. Illuminatus’ light was flowing through him without a limit and it took the Achadiel’s will not to be intoxicated by it. Still, Alon spoke with his same insolent tone and made another insult to the two men. Talanwei did not pay attention to the part of his words that were meant to inspire anger. It was a calm that swept over him and he pointed his weapon toward the Condotierre.

"I couldn’t have said it better had I even the words to do so, Dray," said the Achadiel and launched himself forward. He had waited until Draydis was to the rear right of the man when he attacked. The Guard Captain whirled in a deadly attack with his twin swords. It was then that Ashtallion chose to attack. A roaring din of sound and coarse light made almost all take pause, all except those in mid attack and the one being attacked.

Marius gasped when Ashtallion’s power weighed in with his own. It was unbridled Aetheric energy that was wild, terrible and beautiful all at once. Such a pure energy, Marius had not felt in some time and it almost brought tears to his eyes. Nonetheless, he brought himself back and used his complex and subtle magicks together as a protective mesh around Ashtallion’s soul. Flowing unchecked as it was, the energy would fry the mage throughout and with a stony support, Marius fed his own shielding into Ashtallion and focused that wild energy even more.

The bluish knife edge of his own sorcery had made Janus’ violet colored shielding bow inward at the point struck. Like an Aetheric war hammer Asht’s sorcery smote against the elder sorcerers attack driving it with a maniac force. The windows that made the front of Tazlure bowed outward and erupted in a glittering shower. The shock of the blast was so strong as to shake the very ground beneath all. A fierce wind whipped outward from the roiling sorcery. By force of will and a display of power the barrier held around Janus. However it would not hold for long and the sorcerer had neither the time nor the patience to expend on repelling it.

Retaining the barrier with his left hand, the dark mage wrapped a sphere of energy around the overeager swordsman under his charge. There was not the same casual expertise in this as there was earlier when he ripped a hole in the fabric of the air. This was largely due to the fact that most of his attention was seeing to fending off the two crazed mages attacking him. Janus had to admit that the sorcery that Ashtallion was capable of was grossly underestimated. With a foul frown, he cast the youth into this tear and made one behind himself. Before Janus did so, however, he loosed a few words into Neit’s mind.

Aren’t you the odd one? The foolish young man with me is worried about you as a fellow follower of Dominicus, but in actuality I see you could care less of this. I seek not ownership or allegiance, what I seek is giving you what you desire.

With this an image of Neit crushing one of the metal carriages with her newly acquired weapons.

I tell you this, if you think scaring one of those silly humans is appealing...well, I trust you to understand my train of thought...

Janus sent the sorceric equivalent of the thrill of the kill to Neit at that point to drive this home. It sent shivers up the giantess’s spine in a way she may or may not have enjoyed. With a step backward, the darkness of the void folded around the dark sorcerer and his shielding fell.

BOOOOMM!

Unchecked, the white and blue sorcery shot forward with nothing to hinder it. All before it was sundered and broken, some things without even a trace. All was mayhem and the noise was loud and terrible as the front of Tazlure was completely blown open. The magicks sent a midsized car parked by the sidewalk flipping through the air and still it flew. In mid air it ignited and a further explosion rocked the city block. A large swath of concrete was torn in its wake and the building beyond the street bore the brunt collapsing in on itself. If the exploding car was loud, the nearly imploding building dwarfed it in the sound of tumbling concrete. Within a burn or so, the cacophony settled to an almost eerie, untouched silence. However anyone listening closely could hear a keening in the distance growing closer. It was the wailing of sirens that would bring police. There was no way that an explosion of this caliber would not catch attention. Talanwei and Dray stood looking at an empty space where their foe had stood. It was to Drays side that Shelly ran, grabbing both of his elbows and looked him over for cuts bruises and the like. She nodded satisfied with her observation.

"All right sugar, you’re fine. Don’t go rushin into swordfights and all that! There was something weird about that kid! I don’t know if you’ve had training with sorcery but I could feel Janus’ magick all over him," she said with a shudder. Talanwei looked to Ashtallion and the elder mage. Marius had fallen to one knee gasping for breath after the exertion. The toll had been fearsome on the old man. Ashtallion however would feel only a more generalized fatigue. Even with the expenditure of power that would normally have lain the mage low, he was not overextended.

"We must...we....have to..." said Marius with great effort. His clothing was near tattered from his close proximity to Asht’s sorcery.

"We have to go. Now," this voice came from the hole through the back of Tazlure and it was the figure of Domingo, cut and bleeding but standing steadily on his own. The man spit and the fluid was red and at that point he knew not if it was due to internal injury.

"Dom!! By the Fath~!" shouted Shelly. The olive skinned fighter raised a hand to halt her because he knew once she revved up she wouldn’t stop. Nevertheless he still grinned.

"There will be time to talk about everything. Right now, everybody, we’ve got to move," he looked up at Neit with narrowed eyes, "That is, if her ladyship will see it fit to accompany us."

The fighter mage had heard her words and the tone she used. This, though a small pittance, cast doubt upon her character. True she had resisted Alon, who was aligned with the enemy but if she "did nothing for any man" perhaps she would find it prudent to abandon an "ally" should it become convenient.
[b]Convo Kill Count[/b]: 1
[b]Funny Chat Moments[/b]: 3

Post by Guest »

"Bu- why? Surely the mage has...tricked..." Alon blinked slowly and his gaze dropped. She was a follower of Dominicus was she not? She should want to escape the clutches of these foul Adhiel and half-blooded counterparts. It made no clean sense to the young Condotierre as to why there would be any question to joining him. Nevertheless, there were enemies to be dealt with and foolish words were fueling his anger. He laughed at Dray’s first comment and leveled his sword at Talanwei who was closer. His eyes flicked between the two men that had begun to circle him.

"I back down to no challenge, pagan. You use trickery and lies to ensnare others," he indicated Neit with a nod of his head, "As for the two of you; I see no difficulty in relieving you both of your lives at the same time. Otherwise I would be two much for either of you separately."

Alon ignored the question in reference to the limb he wished to lose first. It was a silly utterance that was meant to put him off his concentration. Instead he looked at each objectively; He had crossed blades with the half elf, and the taller man was strong. The short tattooed one would prove cumbersome if he exhibited greater speed than what Alon could handle. The young man thought then of his deflection of arrows in flight, there was not much that could be faster than that was there?

Three things seemed to happen almost simultaneously. First Talanwei struck against Alon to his left and the Adhiel launched an attack from almost his rear right. To a normal eye they were blindingly fast but before either attacker could reach him, a thundering wave of sorcery roared from the mage with gilded hair. It slammed against Janus’ shielding and he saw the man stagger backward. Almost instantaneously, a queer sensation of being lifted washed over him and a sphere of violet energy closed around him. When it dissipated he was gone and falling through blackness.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Evidently the dark mage was not prepared to handle the assault Asht and Marius had hurled at him. However, the magus was sure he'd be back and more prepared for whatever he himself could come up with. Still, it bothered Asht that he had thrown everything he could at Janus, doubly so for his power was enhanced, and yet the evil sorcerer could still hold up a shield strong enough to repell his the sorcerous attack and then have the spare energy to disappear through a shadowy hole.

Aside from the feeling off mild exhaustion, Ashtallion was unscatched. Physically anyway. He walked over to join Marius, concerned that the elder adhiel had done himself in by handling his own and Ashts' combined power. It was a foolhardy venture, which paid off, and also was a testement to the knowledge and strength the old man still possessed. He rose in esteem in the magus' golden eyes.

The wailing sirens were not an immediate concern for him, for he had no idea what they meant. The destruction wrought by his unchecked and wildly powerful magic shocked even the wizard himself..... If only I were capable of such on Tazlure in the Tether. Though he knew one day he would weild such with a easy and deft hand, perhaps more.

He waited for everyone to round up and head off. Where to though, was beyond the mage.
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

The battle ended as quickly as it had started. Dray was bewildered at why everything and how everything had happened, but he was thankful that at least his friends were all safe.

When Shelly uttered her concern for the warrior, Draydis smiled. "M'lady, you owe me a dance. I would be but a fool to end my life without making good on such an honor." He gave her a warm smile as he bowed.

The adhiel would not mention to Shelly that his heart began to race as she had grabbed ahold of him and inspected him for signs of wounds.

"He was fast, yes...much more than any human I have ever seen...or any other adhiel for that matter." Draydis gave Shelly a smile. "While we are talking about strange things, m'lady, your work with a bow is quite...interesting. Is that something you can teach me?"

The sirens began to draw nearer. What produced the noise was unknown to Draydis though he followed the others as soon as Marius told them it was time to depart. It was clear, however, that Marius needed assistance. Draydis did his best to offer his shoulder for support, though his frame was smaller than Marius', so it was likely that he could not bear the full weight of the mage. "Use me for support if you need it, m'lord."

DMD Member since 2005

Post by Guest »

The mental words hit Neit's mind right before a chill ran up her back and shook her entire body. It was as if the most satisfying feeling had suddenly hit her. For a reason unknown to any that was looking at the half-giantess, she smiled. Crushing these funny humans and their metal beasts was immensely satisfying to the would-be terrorist...

With that thought in mind, she studied the available exits to the building. She was not prepared to stand as an ally with the mage that had fled...but she was certainly intrigued. It seemed that Domingo had figured out some of her true character, and it was apparently time for her to depart. There were a few that were injured, and there was some strange sounds from outside as if something was quickly heading this way. It was a perfect cover for her to escape without the others noticing...
Keaira Morgandy
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Keaira Morgandy »

Fuck.

Her vulgar thoughts certainly said much more than that, but such language should never be spoken, let alone repeated.

She was spinning, twisting, falling, flailing angrily in the darkness. Anger was always her first response, it seemed, as if some darker presence within her directed its rage at everyone and no one at all. Her fingers clawed, her legs kicked, and her body lashed about. I'm going to kill whomever has forced this upon me. Though she always thought of killing, she had yet to truly murder anyone in the Tether or the Aether. No good chances yet.

Then it was all suddenly over as her feet hit pavement. Luckily she was a dancer, and her first instinct was drop down with the momentum, to relieve the shock to her feet. Rolling forward onto the balls of her feet and landing in a crouch, Keaira stood carefully and looked about. By Pan's Horn's, where am I? She seemed to be between two massive buildings made of some sort of strange smooth stone. Reaching forward to rub her hands over the odd masonry, she paused, her eyebrows raising. What in the name of..? There was a thick black leather bracelet around her wrist, from which protruded several angry looking spikes, a matching one around her other wrist. A silver ring on her middle finger bore a skull with ruby eyes, and her nails were painted black. Her skin was deathly pale -- but hey, that was nothing new. Looking down, Keaira found that she was wearing a skin-tight red velvet corset which pushed her ample breasts upward and enhanced her cleavage. It cut off at her ribs, and there was some sort of shiny jeweled thing above her belly button. She wore nothing beneath the scant piece of clothing, and she noticed for the first time that her skin was covered in..ink? Her shoulders and upper arms were tattooed with all manners of different things: daggers piercing hearts, bleeding roses, creepy looking dolls, and all sorts of other dark, frightening things decorated her all over. She couldn't see it, but a massive pair of red wings covered what could be seen of her back, the feathers tipped with black. She wore layered and torn skirts of black and red that hung low on her waist and reached to her knees, and there was a view of red fishnet stockings above a pair of calf-high shiny black boots. They were strange, though: covered in buckles and zippers, with big thick soles that weren't leather. On her hips were two matching roses the same color as her eyes, their petals scattered with droplets of blood and their bloody stems leading downward toward her nether regions.

She heard voices, then, and turning to her left she noticed that toward the lighter end of the dark passage, human forms were passing. It was also then that she saw the reflective window to her left. Her hair was pulled up and tied on either side of her head (in pigtails), and thin ribbons of different colors were worked into tiny little braids here and there. The kohl -- was it kohl? -- around her still-blue eyes was thick, and her lips were blood red. Around her neck was a black chord from which hung a pendant depicting a rose piercing a heart. It dipped dangerously into her cleavage. It took her only a moment to decide that she liked this strange new appearance, and she enjoyed being taller, too, since the 3-inch thick soles of her boots brought her up to a height of 5'8". She began to walk toward the shuffle of people, curious about where she was -- and why. When she emerged into the light she narrowed her eyes with a soft hiss, and with her naturally dark and seductive aura she fit in perfectly with the traditional "gothic" New York style -- perhaps moreso than most. It was then that she stopped, staring blankly at all the chaos about her that she didn't recognize at all. Oh Mischievous One, what mischief lies here? Where is the Citadel?
[size=75]'All things truly wicked start from an innocence.'
-- [i]Ernest Hemingway[/i][/size]
Talanwei Fortisse
Tazlure Supporter

***BREAKING NEWS REPORT***

This is Darren Wolfe with the evening news and we interrupt your regularly scheduled program for a breaking news report. In the downtown district of 6th Avenue and Talladega there has been an explosion of unknown magnitude. What we do know however is that the storefront as well as a building nearby has suffered what is said to be extensive damage. It is unknown if there are any fatalities but the New York Fire Department is en route to the location. There is some speculation of the nature of the explosion but nothing is confirmed. We will keep you posted as this develops.

***~~*~~***

In the blackness of the half space, both Janus and Alon drifted lazily. If one could use actual sight in this place the form of Janus would have taken that of a petulant child floating cross legged. Alon’s emotions and thoughts were clamoring and echoing in the nothingness. The fact that mortals were so cowardly made the magus curl his lip in disgust. With a careless flip of his hand, the human child was silenced. His rage pulsed an electric purplish lightning.

Bastard elf and his foolish friends. I did not expect this. This Ashtallion could prove useful but he is too pure, too focused on goodness to be corrupted. The giantess would be a force to be reckoned with if I can appeal to her murderous nature. I could simply break her but what fun would that be? Pushing one to kill is no fun at all; I have to make her want it. What do you think Alon?

A mere moment of allowing him to speak brought a torrent of uneasiness and indignation. Once again, silence. The dark mage rubbed his temples with disembodied hands. Infuriating. It was a word that gave the situation definition. For all of his rage, Janus did not want to simply level the city and kill Marius and his foolish charges. More than anything he wanted to absorb the aging sorcerer’s life force as well as that of Ashtallion. The prospect brought a grin that was both perfect and maniacal at the same time. This was simply because the madness that spun beneath the surface of the mage. His thoughts made him laugh long and loud into the darkness as he floated through it flanked by shadowy figures and his muted charge.

His mirth was cut short as a presence flared into being with a sultry indigo hue in his mind. It was Keaira and she caught Janus’ attention immediately. What pleased him most was the vulgarity that no one else normally would have heard. In fact this pushed Janus to a perverse smile as he felt for Keaira's presence. It was the equivalent of stamping an exclamation point into his consciousness and the violet eyed mage purred in surprise. Unlike Alon, she seemed absolutely delightful and much more prone to accept his advances than even Neit who would likely prove hard to control. Needless to say, Janus was exceedingly pleased and, with a deft manipulation of the Aether, he moved to engage Keaira.

***~~*~~***

Talanwei was confused. There were many things in this world he did not understand and the arrival of the evil sorcerer had thrown things to a different spectrum of oddity. The paladin’s body had moved with a supernatural speed and the strength behind his attacks had increased a hundredfold. Still the human had deflected it. Still he had exhibited a gross confidence in the prospect of dueling both he and the Emerald Guardsman. The building that had once looked as a refuge to them all had been blown open with an awe inspiring display of destructive sorcery. Now they were fleeing, like common brigands from the scene of a raid. It sent thoughts of irritation and confusion through him serving only to agitate his already muddled mind state. Battle had brought clarity, an enemy had brought him direction, now all of this was thrown to the winds. The Achadiel frowned darkly until he saw the state that Marius was in. The paladin rushed to the Adhiel’s side with Draydis and helped him to his feet.

"Very well, Domingo says we must go and I trust his judgment…" said Talanwei, hoping he was speaking for the others. As he made his way with Dray propping up the red haired Adhiel, it would be simple for Neit to slip away. No one would challenge her departure, at least this was what Talanwei hoped. Domingo simply nodded and began to walk with whoever would choose to follow in tow.

***~~*~~***

Meanwhile, after Keaira walked a block or so the darkness of another alleyway beckoned to her. Without words it sent a comforting feeling of power and latent rage. Moreso it exuded acceptance and even understanding of her innermost and deeply held desires. She had no way of knowing but it was Janus that was beckoning her forward with a fervent and keen singularity of mind. Behind him was a tear that led to the darkness of half Nether, half Aether nothingness from whence he had emerged. It was Keaira's choice to enter the gloom of the alley.
Keaira Morgandy
Tazlure Supporter

Keaira managed to slip into the crowd, but for a moment she was caught up in those going the opposite direction. She twisted and swayed between them carefully, glaring fiercely at those who mumbled their protests. Idiots, all of them. They move like cattle. Finally she managed to get into the right flow of things, and she walked more easily.

Her chin lifted as she looked upward, intrigued by the strange and massive structures, only to be startled by a loud sound coming from a metal contraption not too far away. The whole area was muggy, uncomfortable, and made her feel irritable. Even the air smelled bad.

Then something caught her attention. She felt it long before she saw it, and managed to weave again out of the crowd to stand in front of the alley. Her bosom pressed against her corset as she breathed in deeply, a smile coming unbidden to her lips, her intense eyes narrowing wickedly. The power was almost tangible, the very air seeming to understand her and welcome her. Neither the darkness nor any in it could keep her from the yet unspoken promise of power and the fulfillment of her dark wishes, and she strode forward into the alley without hesitation.
Talanwei Fortisse
Tazlure Supporter

When Keaira walked forward, the darkness caressed her. Held her and cooed to her as a mother would to its child. However it was without any auditory words our sound. The feeling would have been akin to being pulled close to another, being wrapped in a blanket. Two ropes of darkness curled around her shoulders and became arms. The wall she met, and wall it was though pliable, became a chest and just above her head was another, belonging to a man with raven black hair almost bluish when compared to the gloom surrounding them. Should Keaira look up there would be violet eyes that were the purple of lightning across a Tazlurian sky. There was nothing behind them. To some it could be soothing, to others, absolutely terrifying. Instead of the robes of clean white he was garbed in previously, it was a dark midnight and was trimmed in purple. The collar was high on his throat and his hands and cheeks were a porcelain white. Visually, Janus was an achingly handsome specimen on the very border of effeminate. Though there was no emotion in his eyes, there was a smile on his lips. Retreating to arms length, Janus appraised her with hungry eyes. The possibilities she presented, oh it was tantalizing to the mage’s mind to consider.

“Keaira…Keaira Morgandy," after he surveyed her entire figure, the lean mage looked deeply into her eyes. There was a flicker of something, it glimmered like the steel of a cold blade in his deadened eyes making them, if only for an instant, more human. It was approval, and appreciation of her and what made her who she was. The power Janus gave off was palpable and stood in the air like a charge of static electricity. The unspoken promise of the same or something very much close also hung like the smell of the air of this place but so much more sweet.
Last edited by Talanwei Fortisse on Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keaira Morgandy
Tazlure Supporter

The smile on her lips softened as she felt the darkness close around her, thick lashes lowering as her eyes closed half way. Keaira's arms lifted and curled, elbows against her ribs, hands on her chest, and she leaned against the dark form: pressing herself nearer to the man, savoring the power that exuded from his form. When she did look up into those striking violet eyes, her own reflected a very obvious lust for power and whatever else he could give her, but there was no fear. The fierce blue orbs stood out against the darkness, almost as if lit faintly from within.

When he stepped back, she kept from following only because of discipline, her hands and arms lowering and relaxing at her sides. Even the way she stood was defiant, with her shoulders back and her head high. At the mention of her name her head tilted downward slightly, her voice a sultry purr. "At your service," she responded smoothly. That promise was all she thought of: this man could give her what she wanted, and in the face of such tantalizing power her choice was simple. It didn't matter that she knew not his purposes; all that did matter was his presence, and the strength that came from it. Keaira wanted that so badly that she could taste it upon her tongue.

Post by Guest »

It was when the opportunity presented itself that Neit decided to leave. The others did not seem to be ones that she would normally spend time with...they were too...nice. However, when they indicated it was time to leave, she did at least listen to those words. If it was time for them to leave, it was time for her as well. Remembering that there were a few other weapons in the locker just up the stairs from where she sat, Neit decided a bit more looting was in order before she left...

Time was of the essence, so her inspection was hasty. For some reason, she felt that these weapons might prove useful in the near future.

Once gathered, the half-giantess headed back down the stairs. It wasn't so much her sneaking away, as she strode openly defiant through the room and out of the building...
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

Under the weight of Marius on his shoulder, Dradis did his best to follow the others. This world and the recent battle was still confusing to him, but he had a feeling that additional danger was on its way, so he left with the rest of his allies.

Though he was physically burdened by Marius, Dray did his best to keep an eye on Shelly. She had won a part of his heart in many ways, and he wanted to ensure that she was safe. If he was able to catch her eye, he would give her a warm smile...

Until things became clearer as to what was going on, the guardsman simply followed the crowd.

DMD Member since 2005
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Ashtallion brushed off some dusty rubble from his shirt and trousers before taking one last glance at the sorcery wrought destruction around him. The adhiel frowned momentarily as he regarded Marius, the old adhiel sorcerer. Even our combined strength hardly gave the darkmage pause.....such power Janus has at his command.....one has to wonder at its source. The mage let his thoughts trail off before meandering amongst the debris and following the others.

His eyss rose skyward, once they were clear of the crumbling establishment that was known as Tazlure, seemingly to search for something. Evidently the magus found nothing and resumed his stride. I wield greater power here. Surely I can tap into something else......if only I had a Trothgardian crystal...

The sorcerer let his magical senses roam about him, like flood water they cascaded outwards. He waited for the foul stench of dark magic, of corruption, searching for any lingering residue of Janus.
Talanwei Fortisse
Tazlure Supporter

Janus almost immediately drew close to Keaira as she spoke and laid the tips of his fingers on her cheek and his slender thumb touched her well formed lower lip. There was no physical desire for her in his expression, for Janus was beyond temptations of the flesh. However the feeling he exuded was almost parallel to this in its intensity. Keaira would likely feel his hunger for her but it did not have the blunt eagerness of lust.

"No, child. You yield yourself to no one. Not even me, for what you want to achieve you must not be fettered with…petty humane loyalties. If you are true to me it will be of your own accord…I will give you power until you are able to wield your own. My name, dear one, is Janus…" as he spoke, Janus tilted his head to the side and back slightly as if this would afford him a different look at Keaira. Again, he smiled and relinquished his touch on her cheek.

"What will you do? With this power I offer?" said Janus in a silken voice low enough only for the two of them to hear, as if it were secret. As if uttering it louder would make all that lay before her vanish. The dark sorcerer knew much but not all, and her words would give him a clear understanding of her plans. The sorcerer could not help but think that Keaira would naturally align herself with the chaos he wished to bring about.

***~~*~~***

As Ashtallion's senses poured out of him, the mage soon realized that he had to exert more control than normal. When it swept out from him it was instantaneous and had blanketed the entire city in the space of flickers. With this heightened sense, the life force of those around him would be enhanced and he could feel every living being within miles. However it would be no mean feat to focus his search.

There was a flare of purplish emanating from the one he searched for but it was quickly suppressed. Thusly, an exact location could not be detected. A pulling feeling would have given the golden haired mage the inclination to go north in search of the dark mage.

Talanwei shouldered more of the burden of weight that Marius presented. That was, until Shelly walked up alongside him. The young human woman smiled at Talanwei brightly but it was Draydis that she favored with a look that bespoke more than mere friendliness. She shooed Talanwei from under the arm with a matronly authority and slung the Adhiel sorcerer’s arm over her shoulder.

“Go on darlin’ walk with your friends. Besides I wanna walk with Dray here,” said the woman with a wink to the Adhiel guardsman. Marius skin had taken a lightened pallor and the magus did not seem conscious. With that Talanwei walked up to Ashtallion who seemed to be the only one being proactive. The paladin could feel his sorcery rolling off of him and was aware of its intensity. The Achadiel had yet to test the limits of his own delving into his God’s power.

"What do you see Asht? Can we find this…" Talanwei’s words trailed off because he didn’t know what to call Janus. Daemon? Monster? This the Achadiel couldn’t say for sure.

Meanwhile, Shelly favored Dray with a beaming smile, "Sorry I didn’t tell ya sooner sugarthat little trick can be taught definitely. Though Marius’d probably kill me if he heard me call it that…" she said looking thoughtful. She looked into the Adhiel’s eyes deeply then, "he’ll be fine once he has some rest but are you all right? I’d understand if you were a little overwhelmed after something like that…"

Through it all, Domingo was silent. The tall warrior possibly knew more than all present what kind of danger they were in should they stay unprotected for too long.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Ashtallion mentally reeled, his mind bombarded. The mage rose a hand to his head, frowning in concentration, trying to maintain control over his senses. There was though, that one dark feeling, towards the north. As Talanwei approached, Asht withdrew his magic and put a stopper back on the floodgates he had just opened. " I will need to remember to control my power more cautiously here.... ", the magus shook his blonde head before continuing, his voice slightly more hoarse than usual. " I cannot pinpoint him. Janus is an exceptionally talented sorcerer. Or rather I should say Darkmage I suppose....his gifts are.....incredible. Its hard not to admire such mastery over the arcane arts, even if it is sourced from Netheric means. "

The wizard looked at Talanwei. " From an academic point of view of course. I've never touched the Nether before myself....and aetheric sorcery can be just as....devastating. ", he glanced behind him towards the ruined bar, suppressing a sigh. " At any rate, I would hazard a guess, Janus is northwards. I can only get a very vague feeling....more like a blurred colour in my minds eye. It wouldn't surprise me if he had dozens of wards of concealment surrounding his abode, wherever it is. "

" How do you fare, Talanwei? Nothing broken I assume? ", the mage gave a small smile, brushing some renegade strands of golden hair from his face.
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

Dray smiled when Shelly arrived to help Marius along. Her words were encouraging, her spirit was intoxicating, and she made him want to be better in every way. It was the latter that encouraged him to close his eyes and focus his thoughts on the Mother. Dray knew that her healing touch would certainly help Marius in his recovery efforts.

Though the guardsman knew little about magic, he knew that the old mage was needed if they were to survive in this strange world. Many times before, the warm, green light of the power of the Mother had surged through him. Draydis attempted to focus and visualize that power once again. He was more than willing to give some of the energy of his own body if it would help one that he considered a friend...so that became his prayer...

~Mother, once again I pray for you to allow me to share my prayers to help one that I consider a friend. Marius is weak and expended a lot of his abilities to keep us all safe. It is that sacrifice that he made that not only protected us, but has now left him in his current state. I pray to you to fill him with your love so that he can know the warmth of your blessing. I am yours M'lady, and serve at your command.~

He continued to focus his mind on the Mother for a few flickers...allowing his body to move in the direction that Shelly guided the trio. Slowly, his eyes opened once again...

Shelly's words had gone unanswered during this time, so Dray turned and smiled at her. "Sorry, m'lady. I did not intend to ignore you or your words. I was just asking our Mother to help our friend here."
Last edited by Draydis Quinn D`Anorre on Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DMD Member since 2005
Keaira Morgandy
Tazlure Supporter

There was a glint in Keaira's eyes that betrayed the wicked smile not shown on her lips as Janus drew near again. She appreciated the power that surrounded him, the clear knowledge that he was strong and a force to be reckoned with. She wanted people to feel that from her, as well. To know that she was not to be trifled with, and that she should be respected. There was hunger within Keaira as well: a hunger for power that could not be quenched. She wanted what he promised very badly.

The dark smile in her eyes moved to her lips as Janus told her she did not need to bother with loyalties, but should act of her own accord. It pleased her not to be thought of as an underling, and she nodded faintly.

When he asked the question, Keaira seemed to consider her words, her eyes focused clearly on his. She neither blinked nor looked away for a few flickers before she spoke, the smile still on her lips. "We are of the same mind, Janus." Apparently she considered that enough, and in her mind it was. Janus and she were quite similar in many ways, and she had no doubt that she would not have trouble remaining true to him, for he would not ask her to do anything she wouldn't enjoy -- even if it involved killing those weaker than she.

Post by Guest »

Once outside and away from the others, the half-giantess looked about the strange world around her. Her first experience with the people of this world let her know that they feared her...though she knew not the reason. Perhaps it had to do with her encounter with the strange metal animal that ran into her and died earlier?

She didn't care. With the large hammer in one hand, the weighted axe in the other, and the rest of the loot she grabbed from Marius' office, Neit walked.

There wasn't a path that she followed, she just let luck and fate intervene as they would...
Talanwei Fortisse
Tazlure Supporter

It was indeed enough. Keaira didn’t need to say much and what she did say was sufficient. Except sufficient didn’t do it justice, to Janus it was perfect. The dark sorcerer smiled a cruel smile that held an inhuman quality. Though most would find it frightening, Keaira would likely find pleasure in it. He nearly purred his approval as he folded his hands into his sleeves.

"Yes, we do seem to be…" as he tentatively reached out to her thoughts. The sorcerer would not intrude but simply touched the outer edges of them. Suddenly, a force exploded from where he had left the Tazlurian interlopers. It was the unpracticed probing of one not used to his increased abilities but he felt the sorceric senses of Ashtallion flow about him like water. Immediately, and with expert skill, he shrouded both his and Keaira’s life force. He fed his senses into Keaira so that for a few flickers she could feel Asht’s searching sorcery.

"That is one of the men I must…remove from this world. He is an elfin sorcerer and his magicks are just awakening in a fearsome way," said Janus looking at Keaira with narrowed eyes. A specific emphasis had been placed on the word “remove” but there were no misgivings on what he was referring to. Janus then tapped his chin with a long tapered forefinger.

"I don’t assume you are inclined to…standard weaponry are you? If I am guessing correctly, it is sorcery you would like to pursue is it not?" said Janus and the words were spoken more loudly than their earlier hushed tones. It was an assumption but also a question, for if she desired a weapon, he would provide one as he had for Alon.

***~~*~~***

Talanwei listened carefully as Ashtallion spoke and he looked thoughtfully toward the sky that was bruised purple with twilight and impending rain. The air had taken the heavy smell of moisture and dust that had long settled earlier in the day. To Talanwei it was just about eveningtide and the breeze that had been blowing briskly was now still. It had the quality though it was more specifically the stillness of say, a stagnant pool of water. Overall, the paladin did not like the feel of it and it made him uneasy.

"Me? I am fine, in fact I feel better than I ever have…but…" said Talanwei turning his eyes back to Asht, "I don’t like the feel of this place Ashtallion. It seemed only slightly off centre before and now, in the air it feels…wrong."

Shelly smiled but it quickly turned to a frown. She could feel the Mother answering the call of the Emerald Guardsman and the goddess’s warmth tumbled into Dray.

"Wait!!" she said halting suddenly. Unwittingly the Adhiel directed this energy to Marius and when she spoke it was too late. To be truthful, the energy Draydis wanted to give was a good idea under normal circumstances.

Instead, the curling apparitions that Marius had explained as Aetheric parasites earlier seemed to spring from air and started to siphon away the energy of the Mother. It was a different taste of power than they had been used to and the wormlike beings sucked at it hungrily. Unattended it would swiftly drain away Dray’s own strength.

***~~*~~***

Janus’ eyes seemed to take a faraway look as his creatures began to suck away the power of the Adhiel guardsman. Instead of assimilating this to his own power, he fed it slowly into Keaira. The young human woman would feel it easily and the slow trickle of power would not overwhelm her senses.

"That is but a taste of what I can make you capable of," said Janus with a smile, "come, the weapon issue can wait."

With his words the mage seemed to propel himself into the air and he alighted on the edge of a three story building. The mage flipped his hair over his shoulder and refolded his arms expectantly.

"Well? Up with you now!" said Janus with actual mirth in his voice.

***~~*~~***

There were still weapons and armour in the open chest in Marius’ study. None however were of much use to the half giantess. There were at least two coats of mail made of a light and sturdy alloy. Ornately crafted small swords, more knives to Neit, were in the right of the cabinet. They were free for the woman to take if she chose, and she came down out of the building. It did not take long for fate to intervene…in the form of a cavalcade of police cars. These were unlike the car that had crashed into Neit. These were much larger and had alternating red and blue lights flashing intermittently. Most of the men and women were looking at the near toppled building across the street from Tazlure.

However a police sergeant, named James Tallant was looking at the crumpled wall of Tazlure when Neit emerged. James was tall, reaching at least 6 foot 4 inches, but the woman before him was far and away taller and even more muscled than his own solid frame. In her arms were the hammer, axe, and whatever other valuables she decided to carry (if any). Now, James was a relatively understanding individual but a tall woman, no more like huge, was coming out of a ruined storefront, carrying obvious valuables and…weapons? Well, suffice to say, there was only so much the tall brown skinned man could plausibly believe to be innocent. Immediately, his hand was on the standard issue semiautomatic pistol on his waist.

"Freeze!" this was to get Neit’s attention, "Ma’am don’t move, and I'm gonna need you to put down those weapons so we can talk," said James with a steady hand on the pistol and another quieting a few other officers behind him. The last thing he needed was for this huge woman body builder to freak out.
Keaira Morgandy
Tazlure Supporter

Keaira smiled back at Janus, indeed finding his own cruel expression enjoyable. This was a man who could give her what she wanted. This was a man worth something.

Her most prevalent thoughts were a swirl of wicked happiness and lust for power within her mind, encouraging her to stay close to him and take what she could. Then, as she felt Ashtallion's sorcery flowing about her, those dark orbs narrowed. She tried to commit that feeling to memory, so that should she sense it again she would know its source.

Of course she had little to do with weapons, she believed in the power of the mind rather than the body. But just as she was going to explain this, Janus seemed to become distracted. Then she felt it -- the power flowing into her body, weaving through her veins and tingling upon her porcelain flesh. Her eyes closed slowly, sensually, as she relished the sensation. As far as she was concerned, it was better than sex. Her tongue darted across her lips hungrily as she opened her eyes again, just in time to see Janus leap to an impossible height.

For a moment she considered this. Obviously she would be able to do the same, for he expected it. But how to go about it? The power was still tangible, whispering across her skin as she concentrated. Her muscles tensed, then released, as Keaira kicked off the ground and willed herself upward with the power that she had been given.
Talanwei Fortisse
Tazlure Supporter

Keaira’s attempt got immediate results. As the tainted power of the Mother fortified her legs it turned out to be more than what was required. The young human woman vaulted into the air and though gravity attempted to pluck away at the force of the jump she sailed at least a story above Janus. Deftly, the sorcerer rose to meet Keaira and slowed her descent. Long fingered hands touched her waist lightly as he gently showed her how to constrain the output of such energy.

"You must be sure to put a short leash on your power. It can be difficult but magicks such as I would like to bestow would make dust of you if you let them go unchecked," said Marius. It was no reprimand, in fact his tone was proud with an undertone that bordered possessive. As they landed, he looked toward the south and could feel the group of Tazlurians. He looked to his side, at Keaira’s line of her neck and profile of her face.

"Reach out with your mind; try to find the sorcerer that was just looking for us. I will ensure he does not see you my dear," his smile was striking and dangerous mixture of expression.
Last edited by Talanwei Fortisse on Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Erulzat Archives”