Kis: Surely a Haven ~ The Sure Haven Inn, Sam 27 ET (open)

Moderators: Syra, Dartimos Hammer, Mods

Sebastian Beauvais
Baron of Brie

Kis: Surely a Haven ~ The Sure Haven Inn, Sam 27 ET (open)

Post by Sebastian Beauvais »

This unassuming brick establishment is marked by a wooden sign with the name painted in Adhiel and then again in Human, although many of its patrons would find either a challenge to read. A plain wooden door with a small window on either side, as well as several more on the floor above, are all that meet the visitor’s eye from the outside. The inn offers the local peasantry a place to gossip and relax in the taproom amongst their own, and travelers of modest means a reasonably safe bed for the night. The clean, simple inn is run by a no-nonsense Achadhiel matron and her Human husband, although it is Maina who is considered the proprietor by the authorities, who consider her husband, Vince, a mere employee. Rumour has it amongst the peasantry that one can make connections to both the Brotherhood and various nefarious seafaring types through the Sure Haven. Such gossip has never been substantiated though.

The taproom opens onto a central atrium garden, with the bar and the kitchen and alley access beyond. Natural light floods the atrium and the room that occupies three of its sides, and simple but clean tables and chairs beckon to patrons in both spaces. Candles and a few small lamps take up the task of illumination after dark, when the place takes on a distinctly intimate atmosphere, more conducive to private or even secretive conversations.

A flight of stairs across the right-hand wall of the taproom leads to the balcony that overlooks the little central garden on all four sides. From the balcony at the front and rear, doors open into the small guestrooms of the upper floor. Each room is sparsely furnished, but clean and reasonably comfortable.

~~~~~

“Namaste,” the barman called from behind the bar. He was a well-tanned, middle-aged man, of average height and build, with salt and pepper hair and hazel eyes. “What’ll it be, mistress?”
Last edited by Sebastian Beauvais on Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
[color=orange]Avatar courtesy of Tazlure's own, the incredible Finley Ward![/color]
Adante Tinuviel

Post by Adante Tinuviel »

Adante Tinuviel felt tired and hot when he reached the Sure Haven Inn. He yearned for a cool drink and perhaps a refreshing bath, so he was anxious to enter the edifice. He paused, however, to examine the wooden sign outside the establishment. He was always interested in learning how to read, but since his father was only a mere hunter, and his step mother never really cared for him, he didn’t learn how. As he stared and tried to understand the strange line formations and the hodgepodge of characters, his head immediately started to hurt. In vain, he simply sighed and entered the inn.

It was a pleasing inn. It was a place that reminded him of his humble hut in Trothgard—simple and clean. He immediately felt at ease, and slowly walked towards the bar. He saw that the bartender was already attending to someone, and so he decided to seat at one corner instead, and patiently waited for his turn.
Last edited by Adante Tinuviel on Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sebastian Beauvais
Baron of Brie

Seeing his services were not immediately needed by the lady, the barman turned his attention to the other new arrival, an achadhiel lad with the air about him of long travel just completed. Just the sort a caring innkeeper was more than willing to help out.

"Namaste," he greeted Adante with a welcoming smile as he came down to the corner of the bar. "What can I do for you this eveningtide? A drink? Something more?"
[color=orange]Avatar courtesy of Tazlure's own, the incredible Finley Ward![/color]
Adante Tinuviel

Adante Tinuviel’s haggard face lightened up immediately upon hearing the barman’s acknowledgement. He sat up straight and smiled back at the human.

“Namaste,” he replied with a nod. “I was wondering if you could help me with some things. But before that, can you please give me a really, really cold drink? Kislovan’s climate is literally drying me up…”

It was all that Adante truly wanted or rather, was willing to pay for now, but his stomach growled defiantly in disagreement.
“…and, er a good meal to go with the drink sir,” He added sheepishly, his pale face now slightly redder.
Sebastian Beauvais
Baron of Brie

"I can do both at that," chuckled the innkeeper, noting Adante's flushed cheeks. After confirming the goblet he grabbed off the bar was spotless, the man crouched behind the bar and opened up a small cupboard there. Adante could see faint wisps of vapour trailing out from the small space, and the thin sheen of frost covering the bottle the barman withdrew. He smoothly poured a glass of the pale yellow liquid and then stashed the bottle back in the cooler before returning to Adante.

"There's your drink, Kislovani wine from the northeastern part of the isle. Always best served chilled," he smiled beneath hazel eyes. "If that doesn't help your thirst, you'll just have to head farther north!"

"Now, we've got a bit of boar left on the spit, or some fish stew. Both come with bread and a bit of seasonal fruit from the jungles. Which catches your fancy?"
Adante Tinuviel

“Thank you, sir!”

Adante Tinuviel gratefully took the goblet with his hands. He immediately felt the coolness seeping into his skin. It was a quite familiar sensation. A welcoming sensation. It was, however, nothing compared to the icy chill of Trothgard.

Trothgard.

“I would prefer to have that roasted boar sir,” Adante continued courteously, flashing his trademark grin. “I love the taste of roasted wild game. It’s the taste of victory, way better than seafood!”

Game. Victory. Hunting. When will I ever enjoy those things again in Trothgard? When will I lay a foot once more on those eternally white forests of my motherland?

“And of course I’m getting all those stuff that comes with it. I’m hungry as a wolf!,” Adante chuckled softly as he waited for the bartender to retrieve his food.

Wolf. It looks like I won’t be confronting those furry creatures for a long, long time.

Beneath his happy mask, Adante Tinuviel sighed inwardly. He was not willing to share his sadness to anyone in Tazlure, and so he imparted happiness. For all he knew, there was already enough sadness engulfing the world and its people.

He took a mouthful from the goblet, savored the wine in his mouth and then swallowed. He didn’t take heed of the exquisite taste of the drink, yes it was a shame, but rather he focused on the cooling sensation that flowed from his mouth down to his abdomen, and down to the very bowels of his soul. He felt a dash of heat from within, but nevertheless he was satisfied with the drink.
It was his only solace in this island of hell.
Last edited by Adante Tinuviel on Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sebastian Beauvais
Baron of Brie

The barkeep smirked at Adante's preference for boar. "You'll be eating fish soon enough, you stay here long enough. There's no escaping it on Kislovan," he chuckled. "Very well then, boar it is. I'll just get the kitchen preparing it," he said, wandering toward the door behind the bar that ostensibly led to the kitchens of the Safe Haven.

His hand was on the planking of the door when he turned to reply to Adante's second quip. "The plate comes with the extras, like I said. It's all in the price," he explained, when suddenly his expression slackened, as if he was just struck by a thought. His eyes narrowed shrewdly as he glanced at Adante, before nodding once to himself and slipping into the kitchens.

Back in a burn with some freshly washed mugs, he sidled close to the achadhiel. "Meal will be up in a few burns. L'il Jess will bring it out as soon as it's dished up," he said in a conversational tone, before lowering his voice so only Adante could hear.

"Now, what was that comment about being hungry as a wolf?" It was clear from the barkeep's emphsasis and expression that this was more than an idle query, that something more lay behind the question.
Hesper

Post by Hesper »

Hesper had shuddered in from the night, glancing quickly over her shoulder. Surely the howling had been made in jest- but still it sent a chill up her spine.

She stepped into the candlelight- soft and warm, making shadows and glances blur into masses and thick oceans along the walls. Like glass layed on too thick... too tinted. Her own appearance was clear and cool, drifting in from a night breeze, dark in her gray cloak, but luminous in other ways.

She pulled the hood down from her face, revealing a fair face and amber eyes, with white-blonde hair that fell around her face. Her meandering mind was quickly caught up in studying the "Sure Haven Inn", her sharp amber eyes skittered from corner to corner, from face to face- creating files and profiles. By the time the barkeep's offer reached her mind, he was already busy with another fellow.

"Drast," she pursed her lips and walked to the counter, wondering the procedure for attracting attention discreetly. I could always hike my skirts up and stick out a pretty leg. She wrinkled her nose in distaste and amusement.

She saw the barkeep scoot closer, and whisper even. Her eyes flickered like glassy fires and let them pass from face to face, achadhiel to human, a cocked smile appeared on her face.
Adante Tinuviel

Adante Tinuviel found the barkeep’s inquiry and expression amusing, but very typical of him. Based on his experience, he had found most barkeepers to be very inquiring. It seemed that there was a law existing among their community that requires them to know a thing or two about their customers. It was a good thing though. It implied that they know much of other people as well, which is highly beneficial once you get hold of those facts.

He nevertheless wondered how the word “wolf” caught the human. Was it with the way he said it?

“Ah. Wolves,” Adante started, his thoughts immediately drifting back to the familiar forests of his hometown. “Nasty creatures of the dark they are. They hunt in packs, blend in the night and snow, and then before you know it, wham! They’re on you.” He tapped the table on cue.

“They have this really huge appetite you know,” Adante continued, his mind running through the still vivid pictures of his memory. “They won’t stop hunting until they found their prey... And when they found it… they’ll er… render...er...uh”

Adante’s voice trailed off as he became more and more conscious of the striking figure that observed them. He found himself unable to speak again, and involuntarily retreating slowly to his corner. His fears, worries and weariness quickly dissipated, only to be replaced by pure awkwardness.
Sebastian Beauvais
Baron of Brie

"Ahhh, yes," replied the human to Adante, his interest seeming to dim somewhat. "They can be fierce creatures indeed, or so I've heard. Don't see too many of them in the city, of course." The man's smirk was half-hearted, and he quickly began rearranging a few glasses behind the bar to cover his retreat.

The young achadhiel's sudden awkward silence alerted Vince to the interest of his other patron at the bar proper, and he quickly stepped over to where Hesper waited.

"Namaste," he greeted the pale-haired adhiel one again, an honest smile on his face. "Is there something I can help you with now, lady?"
Hesper

Post by Hesper »

She almost laughed at the man's expression, or was torn so between her own awkwardness and amiability. She smiled, at least, in reply to his paused conversation and seemed a little apologetic for drawing the attention of the barkeep.

"Namaste, my fine keeper." She enjoyed the saying 'Namaste' very much, it was something- if she remembered her father's words correctly- to the effect of 'I welcome and greet the divine spirit within you'. Namaste indeed. "I... I require a room for the time being. I am newly come from out of Kislovan, and hopefully it will only be a short while until I am able to carry myself all by myself." Her eyes eyes wafted downwards and slipped like mice along the floor, "Maybe even something to eat and drink."

Suddenly she flushed. She wasn't sure how much money she had, she hoped it was ample. If not, she could probably sell her less necessary items. He cloak had hidden from view, though not very discreetly the large trunk she was just able to carry.
Adante Tinuviel

“So there are actually wolves in this area,” Adante blurted out suddenly, unable to control his curiosity. If there weren’t too many wolves in the area, as the barkeeper suggested, then there’s an implication that there were indeed some of those creatures in the area. And wherever they are present, there's always game.

The hunter within the Achadiel began to stir. He wanted to inquire further, but for some reason he couldn’t just do it. He was once more becoming conscious of the woman.

“Oh I’m sorry,” Adante meekly apologized, one, for interrupting the lady; and two, for perhaps startling the bartender. He glanced sideways at the female Adhiel’s direction, and thought that he saw her smiling at him with a seemingly apologetic expression on her face. He wasn’t sure though, but he nevertheless flashed her a sheepish smile.

He was surprised when he saw the Adhiel’s flushed look as she sheepishly ordered for a meal and a drink. It wasn't hard for him to realize that they were actually having the same problem-- monetary problem that is. It seemed that for the timebeing she didn't have a place to live in too, very much just like him. Seeing that they share similar conditions, Adante began to feel a little at ease and friendly towards the woman.

“Er uh good lady,” Adante started clumsily, trying to get hold of his voice, not to mention his senses. “You can have the meal I’m getting. Don’t worry, it’s on me. I, er ,hope you have a good taste for roasted boar.”

The Achadiel then turned towards the bartender, grinning widely and comically scratching his head, "I uh really didn't mean it when i said i was hungry as a wolf... eheheh..."
Last edited by Adante Tinuviel on Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sebastian Beauvais
Baron of Brie

"There are wolves in this area," agreed the bartender soberly, casting a quick warning glance back to Adante. "And they come in all shapes and sizes. Be careful how you speak, lest your fascination with them land you in trouble with the wolves themselves, or worse, with their hunters."

"Rooms we have, lady," continued Vince more brightly, turning his hazel eyes back to Hesper. "I'll be happy to have Maina show you up when you're ready. And food and drink we have too, if that is your wish." A small grin crept onto the human's face as his eyes flicked between Hesper and Adante. "Will you be taking this gentleman up on his offer, or would you care for something else?"
Hesper

Post by Hesper »

A good lady am I? she internally remarked with good humour.

That self same half smile creased one side of her face in amusement. He seemed to have taken very good care of himself in life as far as she could tell. She cared not for the monetary or the social splendor of people- but more so their... auras? A misleading word but fitting none the less.

"Would that I could sir..." she began but trailed off. "I..." Hmmm. It felt incredibly rude to accept the food, but then again just as rude to decline. "We could split the bill," she resolved, "That would be alright with you?" She had just come from a land of matriarchs and powerful people and positions, she wouldn't disgrace that by being the subservient lady.

In her girlish features there was no denying the spark of will.

"The room sounds lovely. I'll try as soon as I can to get a earnest job." She smiled at Vince. Are you short of hands, here? She almost asked, but she thought it better to contemplate her skills and surroundings before jumping her over-eager gun.

"Mr. Wolf... would you care to keep me company, considering the hungry circumstances?" She almost giggled, a flash of girl, a flash of woman, a flash of something else- but nothing too potent, a very subtle question with no nasty connotations. She meant what she said openly.
Adante Tinuviel

Adante’s attention immediately focused back on Vince upon hearing him say something of the wolves and their hunters. His excitement and curiosity pushed him to inquire further.

“So what about the..”, he caught himself. There was something about the human’s tone that didn’t seem right. Sure, a lot of people were terrified about wolves, but their hunters? Back in Trothgard, hunters were welcomed and loved, simply because they brought food to the table. Perhaps the hunters here were quite different.

Adante Tinuviel leaned a little closer to the human, taking precaution in his questioning just as Vince hinted. “So uh good sir, what about the hunters in this area?” The Achadiel inquired with a softer voice. “What’s so, er, special about them?” He was about to say “worse”, but thought against it. He was of course a hunter himself too, and he didn’t want to put his fellow hunters in bad light.

Adante’s eyes then traveled back to the pretty Adhiel when she suggested that they split the bill. He was about to insist that she take everything, but then his stomach grumbled loudly again. In defeat, the Achadiel closed his mouth and hesitantly nodded in compliance, his face reddening instantly. “Yes, we could er split the bill, madamme.” Splitting was after all a practical solution to their monetary problems. It benefited everyone.

“Of course we could also split the bill for room, well uh for the time being,” Adante added as a response to the Adhiel’s invitation for company. He wasn't really sure by what Hesper truly meant, but like her, his answer didn't imply anything. He was just being practical and, in fact, he was even glad that the woman shared the same practical views. He felt himself further warming up to her. He felt sorry for the bartender though. He thought that thrifty customers such as they weren’t any much help to Vince’s own monetary problems.

“Oh I’m sorry, I’m afraid I haven’t introduced myself properly,” Adante continued, his eyes sparkling with warmth and humor. “Please do call me Adante Tinuviel, or simply Adante. Let’s not try and make the wolves think that I’m one of them, less they go and search for me."

He chuckled a little bit and then paused. "So uh, what’s your name miss?”
Hesper

Post by Hesper »

"Hesper," she said simply. There were many possible surnames, all had links to the sources of her recent sorrows.

She mulled the possiblity of the room over in her mind but decided against it. "I think I'll suffer through on my own in that repect. No offense to you, I pray." Caution was the word, caution.... healing was another, quiet, blooming, settling, drifting. There were a lot of words in her head, none seemed apt enough.

"But perhaps we could sit through a warm meal and talk." Her eyes fluttered and rested upon his shoulder, tottered to his hair, his ears, his face like fascinated butterflies.
Adante Tinuviel

“Oh no it’s okay, it’s okay” Adante immediately replied, chuckling at her comment. “Please, please don’t think that you’ve offended me. In fact I must apologize, it is I who misunderstood you.” He flashed her a wide grin. His eyes sparkled with interest and amusement. Women back in Trothgard were hardly apologetic. They usually go about their activities mindless of their counterpart’s feelings. They were very much unlike Hesper.

He was beginning to enjoy this.

“So Hesper is it?” Adante nodded, as he tried to embed the name to his relatively poor memory. He didn’t bother to inquire for her surname. People rarely call someone else by their surnames anyway, except for formal gatherings. Besides, it made remembering less complicated.

“Well then Miss Hesper, of course i would like to chat with you," Adante continued cheerfully, his curiosity building up. “Actually I hardly get the chance to meet, much less, talk to Adhiels.. Your people… er… do not frequent our white forests.” His voice trailed off as a thought hit him. His eyes suddenly seemed distant, but it was just for a moment. He continued on.

“So you’re looking for a job right? I am too, you know. So uh what job do you fancy?"
Last edited by Adante Tinuviel on Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hesper

Post by Hesper »

She suggested they pick a table by scooting towards one as she replied. "Im afraid I'm not very worldy. Are the white forests you mention from the wintery veils of Trothgard?" She wanted to know more instantly. About their religion, foods, jobs, social caste and so on and so on but she suffered herself a tight tongue and kept to his questions before she frightened him off.

"I am good with animals I think, so I would perhaps like something in that repect. Maybe someplace where I can study others..." She coughed a bit of a laugh. "It's a shame I had such a rural childhood. I haven't had much time to hone more accepted skills. Also, my most recent skills wouldn't be of much use." She flexed her muscles, "Maybe I could become a huntress! I'm a fair shot with a bow." She laughed. In her mind she had far too many scattered skills to be of use to anyone.

"But please, Sir Adante, tell me of your own troubles and how you came so far from your cold home and why you've rarely spoken to any such as I." She prompted a very sarcastic haughty flip of her hair. She resumed a listening position elbows propped onto the table she had chosen and her chin resting in her hands.
Adante Tinuviel

OOC: sorry for the late reply. Lots of school stuff to accomplish...

'Sir Adante', the Achadiel mused as he walked towards a wooden table. He pulled a sturdy stool and sat down on it comforatbly, opposite to the peculiar Adhiel with the wavy golden and silver locks. He was not used to being addressed formally, and surprisingly, he had suddenly felt a rush of extreme happiness rather than the usual chill of awkwardness. There was something brewing within him that he could not place. All he knew that whatever it was, it had been there the moment he had first started to chat with the woman.

His gaze involuntarily landed on Hesper's amber eyes.

Time suddenly stopped...

He had never seen such exotic pair of eyes that seemed to illuminate with innocence and mishieviousness, with sincere attentiveness and... pure beauty.

Adante hastily pulled away, his cheeks reddenning instantly. His eyes followed instead the brown and wavy patterns of the wooden table, yet once in a while they wandered off towards the woman sitting opposite him.

“Yes you guessed correctly. I am indeed from Trothgard,” Adante replied, doing his best to avert his gaze from the woman. “I believe that you are an avid traveller? As for me, this is actually my first time to set foot on alien lands. As you can see, I am not a man of extreme wealth.” Adante grinned sheepishly as he motioned to his simple clothings.

“But thank gods at least I have gotten the chance to travel, and so far i have found the experience to be very delightful.” Adante's eyes flickered as he mentioned the last word. He briefly locked his eyes at the woman, and then wandered off again. His curiosity however forced him to gaze directly back at her, when Hesper mentioned something about being a huntress.

“A huntress? That's great!, “ Adante quipped exitedly, his eyes widening and his heart thumping faster. “I'm a hunter too you know. Most of us simple Trothgardians hunt for a living, but...” He sheepishly stared down at the table. “I'm afraid you won't learn much from me. I er.. i'm not a good hunter really. Just a rookie. But if you would permit it, maybe we could work our skills out ... er you know... together?”

“I uh i've never been with the company of Adhiels since i was... er born,” he quickly added. “I've been raised by humans, so i don't know much of my Adhiel side's culture and history. I am really willing to know more of my mother's side you know, but I never got the chance, since for some reason you Adhiels have been avoiding my little village. And my father well...”

Adante paused and licked his lips. He didn't want to talk about his father just yet. Everything was still too fresh.

“Perhaps... perhaps you would give me this chance Miss Hesper. I promise not to be a pain to you really. If we could work things out together, I believe learning will be easier and more fun. You can always ditch me immediately if you do not need me anymore. No hard feelings, really.” He paused. There was humor in his tone, and also an underlying hint of hopefullness.
Last edited by Adante Tinuviel on Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sebastian Beauvais
Baron of Brie

A pretty, dark-haired achadhiel slipped up on Hesper and Adante's table, grasping with a square of white linen a steaming plate of boar and fixings. She expertly placed the plate between the two of them, and then deftly retrieved two sets of cutlery from her skirt pocket and set one in front of each diner.

"My name's Jess," she said, with a small curtsy and a flash of a smile. "Enjoy your meal, and flag me down if you need anything more."

When she was sure they were all set, away she whisked to see to the rest of the inn's patrons, leaving Hesper and Adante to resume their conversation in privacy.
Hesper

Post by Hesper »

"I'm... more of an avid reader than traveller," she replied with a slight blush. She noticed his eyes dart towards her face, then quickly turn back on their heels. She assumed that he thought her way of speech was very peculiar. Her eyes, however, had no trouble keeping a steady line of communication with his face.

"I could care less about wealth of money, Tinuviel." She pronounced his last name carefully, "... Adante. I measure wealth in other ways." She gave him a girlish smile as the girl set the plate down between them.

"Thank you," she said quickly as the lady turned to leave- she was quickly thrown off courtesy though as Adante cheered the idea of a huntress.

"Practicing together would be fun," she seemed to weigh in her mind. It seemed sad to her that Adante had never seen the various cultures of his ethnicity- although she was hardly experienced herself- a part of her seemed to think this was a very good opportunity indeed.

But still he winded her with another impetuous offer. Could they really do this? She seemed to think of it as more of a little bud of an idea, but he certainly took this seriously.

"Well..." she said at length, as she criss-crossed her fingers on the table, "I don't see what I have to lose. May be we could get a job together. What jobs can a capable woman and rapscallion man not get?" She was only kidding about calling him a bit of a rogue, and she hoped he didn't mind.
Adante Tinuviel

Adante Tinuviel smiled and nodded his thanks at the barmaid. The sumptuous meal that she placed was a mouthwatering sight indeed, and its rich aroma of slightly burnt meat immediately began to engulf the room. The Achadiel’s stomach automatically grumbled. He was very much tempted to pounce on dinner, but being the gentleman he is, he did his best to constrain himself.

“Lady Hesper, here go ahead,” Adante courtly said, in his deep and melodious voice. “Please grab yourself a bite. I’ll eat after you do.” With a smile, he gently pushed the plate towards the Adhiel.

“Now what jobs can a capable woman and a noble man not get indeed?” Adante corrected, humor filling his voice. “Hmm that’s a hard one, considering our talent. Perhaps… Perhaps a job that doesn’t want us?” He shrugged his shoulders. “I, for instance, really do like to cook but for some reason, I’ve never produced something that’s entirely edible… well for other people.” He chuckled a little bit.

“Anyway, why don’t we ask the bartender if he knows of any available jobs. I think he’s very much knowledgeable in regards to these stuff.” Adante gamely raised his hand and cheerfully called out for the bartender.

From the outside, he seemed to be extremely happy, but deep within something was bothering him. He had noticed earlier, Hesper’s hesitation which was, this time, very much evident in her eyes and in her voice. He couldn’t quite grasp what had caused it though, and he couldn’t help but blame himself. Well who else can he blame anyway? He suddenly felt uneasy and self conscious. Was he, perhaps, too forward? Too intimidating? Too rash in his questioning?

He didn’t know the answer really, and so he decided to do what he does best – being honest. Let the woman decide if he really is something to be wary of.

As they waited for Vince, Adante shifted his attention back to Hesper, his face now looking a bit more serious. “I was wondering,” Adante started, with a hint of curiosity in his voice. “How else do you measure wealth if not by currency? Had you learned such new methods of measurement through your readings? Forgive me for my lack of knowledge. I do not know how to read. I’m only literate in the nature and ways of the animals in forests.”
Sebastian Beauvais
Baron of Brie

Vince caught Adante's hail but it took him a few burns to actually do anything about it. The inn was not overly crowded, but they were still doing good business, and the barkeep seemed to understand that the young couple were interested in something more than a simple refill - Jess could have handled that and then some.

"Yes, young master. What is it you want?" he asked upon his arrival, drying his hands off on a well-used towel at his waist. "Reconsider your choice of meal? The fish is good, you know."

The older man chuckled a bit under his breath, and then waited for the achadhiel to explain the summons.
Adante Tinuviel

Adante Tinuviel absentmindedly nodded at the being that approached them. He was very much engrossed with Hesper, and very much eager to hear her reply that, for a moment, she became the only center of his attention. Upon hearing a familiar voice, however, the achadiel involuntarily jerked back and took a second look at the person.

“Oh sorry. Ehehehe…” Adante started, as Vince’s presence dawned upon him. He scratched his head and smiled goofily at the human. He was once more feeling stupid.

“Oh yeah that! I remember, “the achadiel continued, trying to regain his composure. “Well uh good sir, I hope you don’t mind our interrupting with your work. Actually, I and this lovely lady here,” Adante motioned to himself and Hesper. “would like to inquire for a job. Perhaps you could uh help us? Are there any available jobs that we could apply for? I’m good in hunting and she’s well…” Adante paused. He didn’t know exactly what Hesper's expertise was, and so he looked at her inquiringly, hoping that she'll help him.
Sebastian Beauvais
Baron of Brie

OOC: No word from Hesper, so we'll carry on alone for now
------------------

Vince cocked an eyebrow at Adante, a bemused expression on his face. Clearly he found the achadhiel's mixture of eagerness and naivety something the smile about, though in a good-hearted way.

"A job is it? The meal take up the last of your coin? Never mind," he reassured the duo, stalling any reply with a raised hand and an honest smile. "So, a job hunting then? Hmmm, I suppose there might be one or two that could use services like that," the human mused. "I'd recommend you seek out Master Terynel. He's an animal master in Cerleann with few peers. He might have use for you."

Vince seemed on the verge of adding something when he was interrupted by a large whoomp from the atrium beyond the taproom. A burst of flames and dust spewed forth, and people sitting in the open-aired section of the Safe Haven cried out in alarm and fear.

"By the Foamy Lord himself!" Vince cursed reflexively, his face aghast as he tried to comprehend the scene of destruction. "Jess! Sand and water, immediately!"

The bartender hadn't moved a step before the door to the inn burst open and two young men stumbled in. Their features were sooty and betrayed their alarm, even as one leaned against the door jamb and the other bent over with hands upon his knees to catch his breath.

"Fire in the Peasant District!" the one managed to call out, raising the alarm. "And Firelords in the streets!"

"Fire in the sky, K'tan protect us!" the second managed, still bent over but looking up at the patrons of the inn. "The Firelords are raging through Teigor's Square, killing and setting fire to the buildings! And calling down flames from the heavens!"

Return to “Kislovan Archive”