OOC Questions & Banter

Where all the pigeons flock to leave their messages to the good people in the Western Kingdom.

Moderator: Mods

Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

OOC Questions & Banter

Post by Maeve »

Here you go! For all your questions, remarks and jokes ;)
Last edited by Maeve on Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

I feel much better now, though not perfect. At the moment I find I have the energy to post two or three threads at a time, but can manage that several times a week so everything gets posted up at least once a week ;)
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]

Post by Guest »

Yay! :D Good to hear.

When do we expect the War of the One to heat up? Finding myself on the edge of a rut, with my threads concluding and no-where to go except for the War.
Morg

Post by Morg »

A merry festive season to all my players in WM! Sorry about the wait for posts... I'm home for the holidays and have been finding that relaxing and doing things with the family have taken up more time than I thought they would. Normality should be resumed when we get into January, though. In the meantime, have a great Christmas and New Year, everyone!

:bday: :drinking: :bday: :x-mas:
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]

Post by Guest »

Relaxing? Luxury!

Merry christmas ^^.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Happy New Year people. We will return to our normal schedule now ;)
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Hey people,

Due to the War needing a bit of draconic attention our very own Finley Ward will be taking over my threads in Worlds Mouth, since Finn's character is on his way to Roque.

Big welcome for one who never truly left!
Niccolo
Director of the ULT

Post by Niccolo »

A Scribbled Letter wrote:To Whom It May Concern,

Preeminence is a reward. Like fortune, respect, and fame, it should always be considered a goal and not a means. Those who would commit the unconscionable act of utilizing fortune, respect, fame, and preeminence to reach some established goal or end must look within themselves to determine how...or why...they have lost their way. Does one spend cash to gain power? Does one sacrifice his integrity to acquire fame? Such a thing is not only possible, but can be seen every day performed by those unfit to hold any reward whatsoever. Who better to part with his fortune than a fool who would spend it beyond his means? Who better to discredit than an imbecile ready to sacrifice his integrity for the cheering masses?

To this end, I present to you the tools through which these goals should be attained. Race, sex, faith, law, want, need, greed, lust, violence, fear, pride...all tools by which the foolish should present themselves as ready victims for those with enough wit to understand. Each of these are a tool, and each useful in its own way. To the brash, boastful warrior, a minor disruption of the law should dull his over-active blade. To the self-righteous, contrary pagan send the red-clad Inquisitor. To the conscientious, humanitarian rebel, send him fear for those he loves, violence to his person, or perhaps a woman he might save again...and again...and again.

And to the wolves that walk among the sheep, adorn yourselves in the woolens of your prey. Be what they expect you to be, and do what they would expect you to do...and let them believe what they would wish to believe. If he should call you a coward, be a coward...for pride is a potent tool, and you must never leave yourself to be used by it. If he believes you poor or of low station, then be as much, dressed in a pauper's rag and smeared with the stains of the laborer. Embrace the deception he would build around you, for in this he will consume his own deceit a hundred times over and never see the sharpened teeth that close around his throat.

If you do these things and remember these rules, you will attain your own rewards. Wealth, fame, respect, or even preeminence...all that you choose to reap...will be yours when, after so many seasons pass, you still live and your enemies still die. This is the way of the Great Houses of World's Mouth, and it is for this reason the Merchant Lords will never fail to rule supreme...for even if the Council should humor a new set of faces, a new King should warm the throne, or a new God should rage through the lands, people do not fundamentally change. Because of this, the wolves will always be near, waiting...watching...ready to use these tools all over again to insure they remain preeminent whether the sheep know them or not.

con Dominicus,
N.

OOC: Welcome Back to World's Mouth, Finley! And thank you for a wonderful ride, Maeve! See you all in the forums...
<i>Non me fare domande, e non ti dico menzogne.</i>
"ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies"
Finley Ward
Retired staff

Post by Finley Ward »

A wonderful piece of writing, Niccolo. It is always your silver tongue and wits that get you out of trouble, you frightening man. ;) I look forward to moderating for you, and for all the players I'll be posting for in World's Mouth.

In other news, everyone give a warm welcome to Valsert, our mod trainee who will be taking over the gate thread for the forseeable future! :D
Finley Ward
Retired staff

Post by Finley Ward »

To all my wonderful World's Mouth players,

Open letter just to address a few things. Basically, I want to apologise about my lack of regular posting of late - in fact, everything I'm about to speak of coincided rather neatly with my taking over the post of Coord here at World's Mouth. Unfortunate in it's timing.

My life outside of tazlure has been increasingly hectic and busy the last few weeks, culminating in my taking over an entirely new (and more serious) role at work and having to learn everything needed for that post in a week, longer working hours than before, a great deal of drama and paperwork in my life outside work including some major legal issues that some of you may be able to guess at, and to top it all off, some serious family illness. I've barely had time for tazlure, and I've barely had time for any other creative pursuit either - as some of you might know, I'm an amateur artist in my spare time, and this along with many other things has fallen to the wayside as life's many and varied responsibilities have taken to ganging up on me all at once.

I don't wish to write this as an excuse, or even as a goodbye note. I'm enjoying writing for you all whenever I can spare a moment, whether that be on my lunch break at work, or on the odd evening I currently have free - and I feel very lucky to have such wonderful players, and such a great mod (Morgan) to work with. And in (arguably) the greatest city in Tazlure. ;) You've already made my few short weeks here great fun.

So, more, I simply wish to offer an explanation to you all, and then I wish to ask you to be somewhat patient with me for a little while longer, just until one or two of these things blow over. I can always promise you at least one visit from me a week, but hopefully this will soon increase back to my usual posting schedule.

Until then, any questions or complaints should make their way to my PM inbox, and I hope you will not be too starved for attention, mod-post-wise, in the meantime.

All the best.

- F.W.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

A reminder to you all that I shall be away from tomorrow till Sunday afternoon to do some nefarious plotting with a select crew of Tazlure players in an exotic location. I might still post as there is likely wifi available ;)
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

The dragon is back.. sort of. I've been handed a great location by Morg and shall try and get back into the swing of things now. Thank you all for your patience :)

AAAAAGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I want a MOD to post in my thread.

Post by Guest »

Its been over well over a week and no post in the Pananini Estate thread in WM. I try to be patiant but 11 DAYS!!!! Come on. You want me to lose interest your all doing a great job. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I do love the game what there is of it I was in so far.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Yes, thank you. That was a greatly motivating post :)
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Darlings, the Vendetta forum has been removed. The last thread of the Mouth will now find its end at Roque.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Attention people. You have five burns to turn your tail and run. The dragon is back!

Me and Gaelena will be taking over Roque while Gutter Rat is moving house. Supporters are asked to report to me in PM and players can just expect a post soonish ;)

Return to “Royal Mail”