OOC Questions & Banter

Where messages and orders are stored for those residing in the Seven Isles.

Moderator: Mods

Claire Owens
Civus

Post by Claire Owens »

You said it, sistabrotha!

Come on people, we're supposed to be a mercantile nation... let's give those Moutheners a run for their money, eh?
[size=75][b]"The heart wants not coffee nor coffee houses. The heart wants a friend. Coffee is only an excuse." - Old Turkish saying[/b]

Avatar by crystaldragon at allavatars.com[/size]

Post by Guest »

Hehe, once Andara gets her coffee and pastry, she'll get down and dirtybusy with the money making in no time.

First stop, Keros' tips :twisted: !
Tilha O`Renimin
Civus

Post by Tilha O`Renimin »

Andara Eidean wrote: ... I guess Dort indeed makes for good "I wanna go to da big city!" material.

But Dort-city IS a big city, at least it's what you can infer from the stickies there, why are we all ending in Citadel? Capital city lure?

In any case, Hafne being on Dort Island also makes it good for "Hey, my dad's a brewer!" background.

Who'll be the first to organize a special "Dort evening" in Citadel - were the special drink is a mug of dark ale alongside a glass of whisky, and men are required to wear kilts - Keaira or Claire? :wink:
[size=84][i]"Be guided by your heart and your faith."[/i] - Abbot O'Shea 8th teaching[/size]
[size=75]Avatar from [url=http://www.allavatars.com/]www.allavatars.com[/url][/size]

Post by Guest »

But Dort-city IS a big city, at least it's what you can infer from the stickies there, why are we all ending in Citadel? Capital city lure?

Point taken... I haven't read all the Dort-emigrant charsheets, but I daresay that most of them are from the countryside, and indeed lured to the Capital because it's.... shinier?
And currently, the Citadel seems to be one of the most active subforums, so for hyper-yay-i-post-now newbies like me, that's also alluring to go there ;)

men are required to wear kilts

I'll be off to my bunk now :oops:
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

*walks in slowly and silent and simply lets his gaze pass over all those that have left Dort for Citadel*

While for reasons that will be left unsaid for now I do like the fact that so many people choose Citadel, I will simply state that you are also missing on a lot because of that. It is a very interesting and fun place and run by an excellent mod.

Enjoy your stay and remember. Dort will welcome you whenever you come back, but it might not be the same place you left.
FORTH they went, the troubled two
To see the world and kick ass too!
[b]Syrawenn and Gavin Saga, Verse 1-2[/b]
Claire Owens
Civus

Post by Claire Owens »

Tilha O`Renimin wrote: Who'll be the first to organize a special "Dort evening" in Citadel - were the special drink is a mug of dark ale alongside a glass of whisky, and men are required to wear kilts - Keaira or Claire? :wink:

I'd suggest a joint effort if we weren't too busy clawing each others eyes out :P. Actually, I reckon Mairi would be a better choice to run a Dort reunion.

Gavin Tylvan wrote: It is a very interesting and fun place and run by an excellent mod.

Here, here.
[size=75][b]"The heart wants not coffee nor coffee houses. The heart wants a friend. Coffee is only an excuse." - Old Turkish saying[/b]

Avatar by crystaldragon at allavatars.com[/size]
Morg

Post by Morg »

Actually, Morgan might drop back to Dort at some point. He promised (well, sort of) to take Becca back there and show her the sights. Plus, if he hangs around there long enough, maybe some of that ineffable Vanadius coolness will rub off on him.
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]
Becca Acerbi
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Becca Acerbi »

Morgan Scrylock wrote:He promised (well, sort of) to take Becca back there and show her the sights.

Sights? This is Dort. Beer and cows all the way?
<Becca> I am all in favour of getting Elvin laid. I am not in favour of getting Becca blown to little squishy bits
<Sevti> That's a sig line if I ever heard one.
Avatar drawn by the amazing Finn!
Vanadius
Moderator & Coordinator Terra West

Post by Vanadius »

Spoken like a true non-resident!
Mairi Armstrong
Envoy

Post by Mairi Armstrong »

Fun idea! I think I will actually organise that at some point.
~The shadowy mountains and the echoing sea~
[size=75]avatar made from a photo by [url=http://www.sxc.hu/profile/alesia17]alesia17[/url][/size]

Post by Guest »

*Eyes Andara suspiciously and tucks his tip jar under his shirt*

I knew there was a reason I should have been reading this! A conspiracy to swindle me out of my hard earned tips! (okay so they were neither hard nor earned...but that isn't the point :wink: )

Apparently Keros has some deep seeded fetish for Dortenese women that even he doesn't know exists. Mayhaps it is time for me to broaden my horizons and take a trip.
Becca Acerbi
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Becca Acerbi »

Vanadius wrote:Spoken like a true non-resident!

Oh - I stand corrected. There are cute farmboys there - or there would be if they weren't all moving to the Citadel.

Not that Becca would be looking. Honest. :roll:
<Becca> I am all in favour of getting Elvin laid. I am not in favour of getting Becca blown to little squishy bits
Finley Ward
Retired staff

Post by Finley Ward »

Yeah, all the cute farm boys come from Dort.

;)
Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Ashari »

When I think Finley Ward for some reason I don't think cute farmboy.

Maybe it's the killing?
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]

Post by Guest »

Keros Silverflame wrote:*Eyes Andara suspiciously and tucks his tip jar under his shirt*

And that's supposed to stop Andara... how, exactly :P *gets grabby* ?

And damn, the seeekrit plans have been foiled! To the... uh... whoremobile?
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

I know....they all fled cause Syrawenn came back to Dort!

:P
[size=75]Gavin:She's the emerald eyed agent of chaos
Vanir:She's cute, it's her personality that gets in the way
Ulder:Syra is a great shredder of paralysis through analysis
Elvin:We call it the Law of Improbable Syrabilities

Post by Guest »

Andara Eidean wrote:And damn, the seeekrit plans have been foiled! To the... uh... whoremobile?

OMG! I need one! We can hide it in the alley behind the coffee shop and use it for emergency trips to the Banner!

I picked the Citadel to start in without even realizing it was the most active. I had intended Keros to be a courtier and work his way up in society so I was reading through the profession and city descriptions. Originally I had him slated as a Western Kingdomer, but then found the statement about the courtier in the Citadel, needing wit, charm, and a sword to defend his honor...etc. and I was hooked. Figured that would be much funner than bribery and mercantile maneuvering. The fact that the Citadel is filled with crime bosses, dark magick users, prostitutes, and political powerhouses is just a bonus.
Becca Acerbi
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Becca Acerbi »

I see no demons on that list. Dark magic users aren't close enough!

... Okay, now I've got an image of a demon strolling into the coffee shop and demanding caffiene or else it starts possessing people. I think this is a sign I should be going back to bed.

Post by Guest »

You just described my average morning when I was still at college. There was this really old book store on 4th Avenue in Huntington, and in the downstairs was a small coffee shop called "Aesop's". It was the first place I headed every morning before class =-) The old man that ran the place opened up at 5:30 AM and I would show up every morning around 6:00 looking like I had just crawled out of hell. I would have my drink (varied with my mood) chat a little bit then rush back home to get ready for class before 7:00. It was a great place!

Post by Guest »

Keros Silverflame wrote:OMG! I need one! We can hide it in the alley behind the coffee shop and use it for emergency trips to the Banner!

If so, then you have to wear the Robin-esque outfit, though - no way I'm gonna put Andara in an eye-jarringly green-red-yellow ensemble :P ! Not that black and grey spandex is that much better, but at least she'd have the cooler mask.

Post by Guest »

Let me wear the grown up "Nightwing" Robin outfit and you have a deal. I even have the long hair for it!

Post by Guest »

Hmm... why yes, I approve of and agree with this idea. Yay!

And let me watch that tip jar while you change costumes ;)
Tilha O`Renimin
Civus

Post by Tilha O`Renimin »

Off topic: just wanted to say sorry for staying silent on chat yesterday.
My browser accepted to update the screen only AFTER having me timed-out, so I was already disconnected when I could read your welcomes.

(Probably a side effect of all the security systems my company installed on the laptop, will have to stay out of chat until I get my own PC)
[size=84][i]"Be guided by your heart and your faith."[/i] - Abbot O'Shea 8th teaching[/size]
[size=75]Avatar from [url=http://www.allavatars.com/]www.allavatars.com[/url][/size]
Turi
Special Branch

Post by Turi »

*Rolls on the Floor, Laughing Her Arse Off*

Oh dear... everyone wants a piece of Tal...

Will there be anything left for Tiffany in the morning?
[size=75][i][b]"If it were clear in my mind, I should have no incentive or need to write about it. We do not write in order to be understood; we write in order to understand." -C. Day-Lewis[/b][/i]

Avatar by enayla at allavatars.com[/size]
Talanwei Fortisse
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Talanwei Fortisse »

*grins*

That's awesome. Yet I hardly think everyone does Turi :wink:
[b]Convo Kill Count[/b]: 1
[b]Funny Chat Moments[/b]: 3

Return to “Imperial Mail”