Kate Drops in at the Temple of Pan, Sam 28th TT

Moderator: Mods

Kate Drops in at the Temple of Pan, Sam 28th TT

Post by Guest »

It is one of the few known temples of the infamous god, Pan, blossoming in the tolerance that used to be so typical of the capital. Though there are altars for the sects of Pan's Blood and Pan's Arts this temple is mainly devoted to Pan's Joy: the wild enjoyment of drink, sex and music to the abandonment of everything else. And surely it’s no coincidence that this temple is located right between the Rose Guild and the Bardic College. The sounds of revelry have died out with the raids in the town, a sudden silence that seems almost eerie.

The whiter than white marble columns are invitingly covered by green vines, almost pulling the visitor inside. The entrance of the temple is formed by a set of large marble stairs that give a sense of awe, but the creeping plants manage to give the atmosphere something intimate at the same time. The great redwood doors stand open to welcome all who wish to worship the Threefold God.

Entering the sanctuary and crossing the marble floor accented with inlaid lines of black mica, one quickly realizes that the vast chamber is divided into three areas, each containing an altar to an aspect of the deity. Huge columns rise up to the vaulted ceiling, each entwined with lush vines, giving the sanctuary a feeling reminiscent of a garden.

An acolyte of about 20, dressed in a short robe of pristine white and trimmed in deep red, approaches enthusiastically to greet newcomers, her arms spread wide in welcome. She smiles as if greeting an old friend.

"You are most welcome!" She declares, embracing the new arrival affectionately. “How may we of Pan’s Temple be of service to you?”

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Walking out of curiosity through the Inner Ring and walking past the fameous Bardic College and admiring the Red Rose Guild now seriously out of favor she sees the Temple of Pan. Well she always heard the stories and knew of the troubles with the famed Roses, hard not to hear of such news but Kate never learned much about Pan. Of course some things the reveling, the relationship to the Mother in the holy books and the like but never talked TO Panites. After walking in she admires the the temple structures and the alter reminds her a little of the Mother with the different alters for different aspects. The second thing is this gorgeous creature walking up in what Kate considers a night shirt to sleep in. And eagerly coming to hug her well Kate obliges and after embracing the woman and finding it very nice she stops after a little linger.

"I'm Kate I worship the Mother but never was told much about your faith besides the usually rumors and stories and thought I would come and find out more in person, if its a bother I can leave.," Kate answers the young woman pleasantly. Her eyes grace the woman admiring her even if she is scantily clad by her experience for a moment then the temple. "May I come in further and find out more then?," Kate asks curiously.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"The Temple is open to all who would learn the ways of Pan." The acolyte informed Kate. "In truth though, there is little going on inside at the moment. I can offer you a seat in the shade, a glass of wine, and a willing ear for all your questions though." The acolyte gestured to the steps next to the chair she was sitting in. "My name is Naomi by the way."
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Post by Guest »

"Mostly I'm buying time I have a interview for a position with a fine lady I hope being a ladies companion servant by training and was kind of wandering around, mostly admiring the Red Rose Guild Hall.," Kate says and sits in the shade. "So saw our temple and was curious especially with the word from Pan's Island its a sad thing the Empire being invaded these are dark times and your cult seems to be in a disadvantage, I never learned much about Pan save his relationship with the Mother.," Kate says softly and pleasantly.

"What can you tell me about your sect the various branches of the faith the triune nature reminds me of the Mother, I know there is one devoted to Art and Joy but also heard one involves battle?," Kate says relaxing even taking off her cloak.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Naomi settled herself on the steps next to Kate and poured her a glass of red wine before retrieving her own. "Yes you have head correctly. The largest and most popular sect, for obvious reasons, is that of Pan's Joy." Naomi smiled. "We that worship Pan are called to throw our whole self into whatever what we do. Pan cares less about we do than about how passionately we do it. The sect of Pan's Joy is the most famous and the most popular as you might imagine. A well cooked meal, a generous hug, and of course a sweet coupling with a passionate partner, all of these are holy acts of worship to a Joyling."

Naomi took a sip of her wine. "Some though are drawn to throw their souls into music or sculpture or writing. They pour their heart into their works so that all that experience them are moved to places and feelings they would never reach on their on. That is the path of Pan's Art. But you asked of the path of battle, the path of Pan's Blood. It is a newer path to the adhiel. During the great war, a group of adhiel fought and marched with the half-giants of Amun-Rah. They learned much from each together and learned that the passion and frenzy of battle was as much a way to worship Pan as the passion and frenzy of sex or artistic creation."

"That is why we have one altar for each sect. Panlings will worship at more than one during their lives but the rituals of one tend to disrupt the rituals of the other." She chuckled. "It is hard to make love on an active battlefield or while composing a poem. Not impossible though if some of the old stories are true."
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Post by Guest »

"So like the Mother he has three faces he shows the world united under one diety it makes sense.," Kate replies. She is clearly admiring the woman mostly when she is scantily clad by standards of modest she was raised in, still not stodgy like the Western Kingdom. There is a hint of hesitation on her lips and her hands tremble a bit not bad, but noticeable. "And how do Panites feel about homosexuality I know its not forbidden by the Mother and they would never say anything but when I was working there.," Kate tries to select her words carefully. "Well there was always a hint of pressure to be with men towards me nothing open and that to me was worse.," Kate says softly.

"Mind you Sister it was not so much I wasn't loved or disrespected the Mother is a good goddess but more.," Kate again hesitates. "Its more that my mother and a few older priestesses kind of nudged me to be with men even though its not at all in my nature." Kate can't believe she is opening up like that to a stranger in a temple not of her faith.

"Its just so hard being so different its good I don't live in World's Mouth or some other location where they would seriously hurt me for these feeligs if acted upon.," Kate says not sure what to feel. Maybe the Mother drew me in here to talk to someone I'm not sure what to feel and maybe this is a test of faith... she thinks to herself for a moment.

She drinks some more wine.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

In answer to her question, Naomi leaned in and kissed Kate softly on the lips. "We believe that all should love as the heart accepts and the body allows." Naomi explained softly. "If you find joy more easily in the arms of a woman, no one here will question that. No pressue here." Naomi assured her.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Post by Guest »

"That was nice I never had much experience With anyone yet I think its important to be ready but have had close friends but not very much more.,"Kate blushes and calms a little feeling comfortable with the young Panite.

"Don't get me wrong the Mother is a wonderful goddess and I love her as you love Pan just her followers sometimes I feel don't act in accord with her wishes.,"Kate thinks and lays down on the floor pulling in a big pillow. "I mean the Mother is the maiden and she is rebelious, the harlot, the mother, the old crone steeped in her power surely she is also the lover of other women at times.,"Kate gets comfortable.

"So one must assume she could care less who I desire but you know parents my mother is always concerned for me but a woman in our city doesn't need a man to protect her.,"Kate takes out her secreted dagger in its sheath. "I made sure I had some practical skills.,"waving the dagger in its sheath she hides it again. "But love now that is a womans gift don't you think to revel in joy that another woman can give as well I figure.,"Kate rests her head.

"So any news of Pan's Island I'm wondering when the Empire will choose to defend her we must make a stand soon or we may have to fight them here next?,"Kate asks really concerned and enjoying the company. She even strokes the acolyte's hair savoring her scent and appearance reaching up with her left hand. Innocently though its not anything more than enjoying her as a companion.
Last edited by Guest on Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"The Mother may once have maiden and may yet be crone, but for now she is mother and as such is more concerned with children and seeing the cycle turn anew." Naomi stated. "She leaves such concerns as Joy to her son while she focuses on hearth and family and the natural world."

Naomi gladly snuggles up to Kate and her hand runs over Kate's back as they talk. "We have heard little more than the rumors already going about the city." Naomi sighed. "If any escaped the Isle to bring warning surely they would have found their way to the temple. No one has come here." Naomi's shiver had nothing to do with the temperature, but she snuggled a little closer for warmth anyway.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Post by Guest »

"Well you sure know how to lure converts the hospitality is impressive,"Kate savors the woman its been a LONG time since she has enjoyed this pleasure,"well I was raised in the faith of the Mother and was pretty sheltered to the world."

Kate covers the acolyte with her cloak,"I heard rumors the Western Empires flagship is to arrive I have a good idea its here to give the Empire an ultimatum- if it is we are to be at war I fear."

Kate comforts the woman,"Don't fear Pan's Island is protected by the Empire and they will be fought with the recent troubles those cowards would pick now to invade us." Kate says with a bit of anger in her voice not like her but this attack does threaten her home as well. "So don't fret the gods will not abandon us now not Pan not any of them don't lose hope lady.,"Kate gets a little bold and kisses the acolyte on the forehead and lips to comfort her at first but desire second. "Naomi I'm sorry I just felt like you needed that as much and I if I was a to bold,"hesitating at the next words,"its been a long time since I had a woman in my arms like this its very nice." Kate blushes prettily as she is new to this.

"Well lets speak of nicer things don't want to dwell on problems in the world bigger than we are what can you tell me of prominant Panite women that favored thier own sex- surely there must be one at least?,"Kate asks and gets comfortable letting the acolyte rest on her if she wishes in her arms.

"I have to admit Pan seems a better fit for me then the Mother and their recruiting is very pleasant, she smells winderful is that Jasmine in her hair?,"Kate thinks to herself and is curious to find out more about the faith.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Naomi smiled softly as Kate kissed and hummed softly as she leaned into the kiss on the lips, turning it from a peck into something more. "No need to apologize. I have been craving the warmth of another these last few days."

Though it was intended to be a lighter topic, Kate's question caused Naomi to sigh unhappily. "Oh there were several once though even they enjoyed a man every now and again for variety." Naomi snuggled into Kate's shoulder. "I wouldn't even know where to find them now. Isn't that sad to say? So many lie dead by evil's touch. Many more fled to escape it or hide their fiath out of fear. I sometimes think I stay here more out of stubborness than faith."

"I'm sorry, my dear." Naomi sighed. "I did not mean to burden you with my problems when you came seeking answers of your own. Have you any concerns to put before Pan? I would be happy to pray with you." She offered softly.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Thread archived due to retired character.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Return to “Inner City Archive”