Damsel in Distress (Sam 30th TT) - Open

Moderator: Mods

Post by Guest »

Sarah didn't know about Traverse, but she was getting quite frustrated. They did not know how many were in the house, how many were even alive, or what they were even doing, aside from the guard. He seemed to be on some sort of mission, but hadn't said anything about it. She turned on Rozz.

"What was your mission?! You are now severely injured, and Traverse is now having trouble with his vision, thanks to the latest trap. We don't know how many more there are, just that we are in danger. We need answers if we are to figure this out Rozz....the first thing you said...Kitya?"

She looked at him with a hard stare, as if willing him to explain everything he knew to them. How were they supposed to protect themselves if they didn't even know what they were up against. This voice was getting on the woman's nerves, too. She peered defiantly into the darkness upstairs.

"Whoever is up there, show yourself to us! Stop hiding in the shadows like a coward and explain to us what is going on here!"

The young adhiel's anger was definitely getting the better of her, just as it had on a couple previous occasion's. Sarah stood with her arms crossed, waiting for an explanation from Rozz and apparently one from upstairs as well...

Post by Guest »

The dejected young half giant pricked up his ears as Sarah approached, follow3ed by his spirits rising as her lamp registered in his traumatised eyes. Well. maybe I'll get my sight back after all. A bit anyway you great lump.

And then there was that voice again. Traverse would dearly love to get hold of the owner of that voice, and ask them a few questions. Maybe even give them a wee shake or two to encourage them to answer as well. Big lug can't see, how cute. Indeed, he'd give them cute if he could get hold them!

He couldn't help but agree with Sarah though. It seemed they'd been dashing around, not taking enough heed of their surroundings and for what? Well Sarah was looking to get some answers from Rozz at least, so Traverse decided that would be a start. Now if only he could get his sight back, he might start to feel like there was point to all of this.

Post by Guest »

Rozz lowered his head and shook it side to side when Sarah addressed him about what his mission was. He ran it over in his mind what it was he was supposed to be doing...protect Kitya, if she even existed.

The Achadhiel looked up at Sarah's face, which had the dim lighting from her lamp glowing on it. He let out a sigh and began to explain.
"Well... I was going to wait till all this was over to explain why I'm here. But since things keep going from bad to worse, I may as well tell you now. I am with the Imperial Guard, here in Citadel. I just joined, actually. This is my first mission, and that mission was to come to this house and protect a young woman named Kitya from some threatening people. I was supposed to just watch the house until my relief came, and noone was supposed to know who I was. That is all I have been told... so believe me when I say that I am just as frustrated as you two are with what's going on here. I'm starting to think that the Imperial Guard knows more about whats going on then they let on... I'm sorry, but you two showed up in the wrong place at the wrong time... But if it weren't for both of you helping me, I'd probably be dead by now..."

Rozz paused for a moment then took another breath and exhaled. He then added. "I say we find this Kitya, kill whoever is talking to us and get the hell outta here. Where should we search next?"

Post by Guest »

Imperial Guard is he, well that explains a bit, not that Traverse was really sure who the Imperial Guard was, but it certainly sounded important. As rOzz spoke and outlined his role in this whole sorry mess, the young half giant shook his lowered head.

Half blinded and for what? Even my colleague doesn't know much more about what's going on, you've been hanging around humans to long my you fellow, too long indeed.!

At the Achadhiel's contention to kill the voice that was whispering to them Traverse cleared his throat. "What if voice is Kitya? You say yourself you not know her, what if it is same person, and she not want your help?

"What if Imperial Guard sent you to guard her, not so much to protect her, but to keep her in house, like prison?" It seemed to Traverse that there was more at play here than simply looking after a young girl, after all the Imperial Guard did sound like something to do with the ruling classes, and even royalty.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

OOC: Consider this thread passable once more due to Super Sync.
Last edited by Grey Wolf on Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.

Post by Guest »

It seemed as though they had learned all they were going to from Rozz. Some thoughts swirled through Sarah's head...inquiries about why the Imperial Guard had not detailed the mission to this young man further. Also, why would they give someone a mission so dangerous as their first? It confused the woman, but there was obviously nothing that could be done. It seemed to Sarah that Traverse was doing a little better, so the adhiel wasted no time in mapping out their next course of action.

"Alright...here is what we are going to do. Rozz, you and Traverse will look out for each other, as you both seem to be injured. I will take point, and make sure our path is clear with my light source. I doubt anyone but the killer is alive anymore. We will go through each of the rooms, and for every room we go into, we shall light all the candles in that particular room. I'm sure in a mansion as big as this, candles are abundant. Furthermore, this will provide us with light, increasing our safety. Finally, if we come to a room we have been in and the candles are out, we will know that the killer has been here, which will alert us of any danger."

It was simple but cunning logic that Sarah was employing now, and she tried to keep her voice down so that anyone else but Rozz and Traverse could not hear. It had seemed that Sarah was getting over her fears now, and taking a lead role.

Post by Guest »

Rozz nodded in agreement with Sarah's plan and added his own intuition. "We have to be on higher guard for traps, even the simplest items could be deadly. We cannot even take opening a door for granted... But I think we should work on your plan, Sarah." The achadhiel said as he looked at the girl who at first only held a light,but now chose to hold lead position.
Rozz was impressed and gave a smile, before turning to Traverse.
"How are your eyes? What can you make out when sarah shines her light on something?"

Post by Guest »

Traverse rubbed his eyes at Rozz's question, it did seem his eyesight was slowly improving, but only time would really tell.

"Eyes not good, but bit better. Will need to be guided. I see light, just." The light was indeed something he could follow, but the young half giant was still in effect blinded. He couldn't make out much detail, just the sense that the light was before him.

Still it was better than it had been, and Traverse was nothing if not stoic. Sarah's idea sounded OK, but Rozz was right, the house was linked with traps everywhere. "Sarah's idea good, but we be very careful. Not trust that sneaky voice that comes from the dark. Very untrustworthy that voice!"

Lumbering somewhat, Traverse regained his feet. Trying to ascertain if his sight was improving further.

Post by Guest »

It looked like everyone was on board with the plan. Rozz couldn’t really lead them, injured as he was, and it was apparent to Sarah that he saw the practical sense the adhiel woman’s crude tactics made. Traverse, although still blinded, seemed to be doing a little better, but it would be better to have the young man look out for him…so to speak.

Meanwhile, Sarah had deposited the sword she had drawn on Rozz earlier back in her bag. It would defiantly put them at a disadvantage if she swung the thing in a narrow corridor that was dimly lit, nevermind the fact that young adhiel had never used it. Also, the risks of using a sword with a lamp in the other hand were just too great….it could cause….a hazard. Sarah resolved that she would let her fists do the talking, if push came to shove.

Now, she looked at her surroundings. It seemed that the upstairs had already been plagued with traps once, despite the fact it was the last place they had heard the faint callings. Sarah had also concluded, however, that each time they followed the sound of the voice, they were caught in yet another trap, and the voice would reposition itself, only to coax them yet again. Armed with this information, and her lamp, Sarah motioned for Rozz and Traverse to follow, and set off down a corridor near the front doorway.
Last edited by Guest on Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

With a rumble from deep in his chest, Traverse managed a sort of whisper to Rozz, "I put my hand your should, and you lead. I follow." Indeed what followed was a giant mitt that Traverse hung out for rozz to position on his shoulder, prior to their departure.

The young half giant was not happy. He was used to being in control of his own destiny, and this it seemed he would no longer be.

Post by Guest »

Rozz gave a nod when Sarah motioned him and Traverse to follow. He clutched his sword in his hand and was ready to push Sarah out of harm's way if need be. He wasn't going to let her become handicapped such as him and Traverse.

When Traverse whispered that he was going to follow him with his hand on his shoulder, the achadhiel replied. "Ok... be ready for anything, my friend."

Rozz was now ready to get this over with so he could report back to his superior and maybe get some answers he had not been informed of.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Traverse was blind or as close to it as people got without being plunged into complete darkness. At times he could distinguish blurry shapes of his two companions, but they faded away as soon as they moved more than few feet from him. The light was a constant and by it he could tract Sarah, and his hand on Rozz's shoulder pointed out the location of the young Imperial Guardsman. They did not hear the voice anymore, though there was a sound akin to pat-patting of footsteps on the floor above.

The door Sarah picked did not lead to the hallway, but towards the servant area, and the dark trail turned out to be some red liquid quite akin to blood. Quite frankly it was the blood, and judging by the amount of it that was spilled on the floor whomever it belonged to had already passed on to the afterlife. The trail led over the small chamber towards the door on the other wall, for all purposes the scene looking like somebody had dragged the body over the floor. It was then that Traverse's impaired eyesight enabled his ears to pick up a creak of a floorboard on the stairs behind them, and a soft gasp right after that.
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.

Post by Guest »

The sound of a creaking floorboard, and the gasp that followed alerted the young half giant that they were no longer alone. He stopped, holding Rozz still as he did so, before hissing towards where he assumed Sarah was standing, by the soft fuzz of the light.

"Wait, I hear someone behind us. Sarah bring light, Sarah and Rozz must see what behind." The last thing they needed now was to be attacked from behind, although the sound of a gasp did not seem the noise of a would be assailant.

Still he had been wrong a couple of times already, he didn't want to be wrong again, certainly not fatally wrong.

Post by Guest »

As soon as Traverse piped up about a creak form behind, Rozz wasted no time in raising his sword and walking around Traverse, so the achadhiel was now at the tailing end of the line. Rozz kept his eyes open and readied himself to attack whoever or whatever was creeping up behind them.

He needed Sarah's light to reveal the source of their misery, so until she shined her lamp, Rozz would not take any action until he knew for sure they were in a dangerous situation... and who knows... from their past experiences it could be another trap.

Post by Guest »

Sarah could see that the two males needed light, and once Traverse called out about the noise, adhiel was more than ready to whirl around and shine it. She remembered, however, about the previous traps, which they usually fell victim to when they let their guard down. It seemed obvious that if she took her eyes of her own path, Sarah may be putting the true danger at her back. Having the advantage of improved vision, she passed the light source back, while still keeping her eyes on the darkness ahead. A warning was issued.

"Be aware and cautious." she whispered to the men, "We have already seen what this person is capable of if we underestimate them."

Holding her position for a moment, Sarah listened behind her for any signs of what Traverse or Rozz had discovered, hoping it wasn't yet another trap waiting for them. They definitely didn't need any more...
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

As the light moved back, there was a brief moment of silence, the shadows dancing in the dim light the lamp cast about the room. Each one o those could hide a stalker, but there was no way they could be sure which one. A flicker passed. Then another. Then whomever it was that hid at the stairs lost its nerve and darted across the room. The figure moved fast, at a full run, almost unnaturally so.

Before either Rozz or Traverse could react it dashed past them and moved towards the front door, slamming into it and shrieked. A long, panicked shriek, as it slammed its fists impotently against the door, tugging at the handle, clawing at the wood, tugging the board in a futile attempt to get it off. Pale skinned and short, the creature, whatever it was, desperately tried to get out, its large white eyes glancing towards the pair at the door every flicker or so.

Post by Guest »

Traverse could not make out much detail of the being that fled to the door, only the vaguest of idea that it was maybe a person. However, he couldn't help but hear the wails of the creature, it seemed panic, or something akin to it, was in the shrieks it emitted.

It didn't seem to be a threat, but the young half giant wasn't about to offer assistance on the basis of what seemed to be the case. They had made that mistake a few times already.

"What you see Rozz, Sarah? Make a lot of noise." Traverse waited to hear from his companions,

Post by Guest »

A sudden rush of adrenaline burst through the Achadhiel as the pale figure rushed past the trio and slammed into the door and frantically tried to get out.

"What kind of person leaves devistating traps, but locks himself inside a house and cannot leave?" Rozz said quietly to the others, then added. "I'll bet it's another trap, let's move to him with caution... Sarah, keep the light ahead, Traverse stay in contact with me. We shall surround him."

As excited as Rozz was to go nail this creature to the wall with his sword, his throbbing finger was a reminder why it was best to use caution. He held his sword out in front of him as he walked just behind Sarah, but he readied himself to lunge her out of harms way should he need to.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

It was a child, perhaps six or seven yahren of age, and the boy huddled next to the door, shivering, arms wrapped tightly around his naked form. Eyes wide in terror, stared mutely at Rozz, glancing towards Traverse's towering form behind them all. As they came closer, the boy's cheeks were revealed to be covered in brownish-red residue, reminiscent of dried blood, though no wounds were visible on his skin. Back to the door, he shivered, his left hand clawing at the door behind him impotently, as he mouthed a single word silently. "Please." His eyes were on Sarah, pleading silently, before suddenly darting to the stairs behind her, another blood-curling scream shattering the silence, as the boy raised his hands as if to protect himself.

Post by Guest »

The Imperial Guard could not help but stare down the boy as he looked look at the trio. Rozz had learned not to always trust what you see in this house... The boy could easily be the monster they were in search of or an accomplice.

That thought was abruptly interrupted as a scream pierced the ears of everyone, which caused the boy to reflex by raising his arms as if to shield himself.

The achadhiel dismissed any suspicions of the boy because those reflexes were of someone who was scared. Rozz turned to Sarah and said. "Sarah, you should stay here with the boy and tend to his wounds. If you lend us your lamp, Traverse and I will go check out that scream!" There was a sense of urgency in his voice, because time seemed to be getting cut short in the maddness.

Post by Guest »

Traverse wasn't too happy about this. Here he was still half blinded, and he and the injured Rozz were about to set off after someone, or something, that seemed pretty determined to either kill them, or certainly maim them!

He didn't see the child flee towards the stairs, but he certainly heard the scream.

"Wait, we stay together. separate we are weak, together we stronger. You and I injured Rozz, must be cautious, or maybe we be dead.

"Sarah, is boy alright?" Traverse certainly hoped so, there seemed a number of disquieting things going on here already, without another dead body.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

There were times for action and times for words. As Sarah found out the hard way, this was the time for action, and Rozz and Traverse have made a big mistake in chatting when they should have acted. Something searing hot slammed into her back, pushing her into Traverse's arms, the pain washing slowly across her back as the air was filled with the smell of burnt meat and burning fabric. A figure stood at the bottom of the stairs, much larger than the whimpering boy, its milky white skin enabling them to see the feminine curves of her body quite clearly. Already the woman's hands were moving in an intricate pattern, as she gathered more tendrils of energy preparing another spell. Traverse's sight was still damaged, but it was not hard to pinpoint her position, arcane syllables flowing from her lips.

Post by Guest »

The young half giant caught Sarah, holding the Adhiel as gently as possible. However the sight of the witch (Traverse thought of her as nothing else) at the foot of the stairs appearing to strike again caused the half giant a good degree of anger. He was really rather annoyed about all of this, first Rozz, then himself and now Sarah (who had done little wrong).

Anger ran through his blood, causing Traverse to act, rather than think.

He pushed Sarah to the ground as gently as he could, and then fell himself, using his full length to approach the witch as close as he could. At the same time he swept his giant sized quarter staff with the power of a very annoyed half giant, raising the staff no more than ankle height to gain the full distance he could.

He didn't intend to kill, or even main the witch, but if he could disrupt the flow her spell, he intended to sit on her and see how she liked those apples. Be hurting my friends will you, well we'll see about that you filthy magic user! Traverse didn't like what he couldn't see, and magic definitely fell into that category.

Post by Guest »

Everything happened in an instantanious blur. Rozz saw Sarah fall into Traverse's arms, then all of a sudden he saw the giant head towards the woman at the stairs swinging his staff. Rozz wasted no time in reacting as well, he turned to the boy and said. "Stay back, and look after Sarah!" with that request, Rozz turned back to the action and raised his sword with his good arm, which happned to be his strongest. He charged for the woman in black and aimed to sever somehting off her, as she had done to him. He let out a powerful yell mixed with anger, sadness and satisfaction.

The achadhiel wanted to pay her back 10 fold by cutting off her hands, then cutting out her eyes and then lighting her on fire. All these thoughts raced through Rozz's mind at once, but whatever the outcome, he would not loose this battle!

Post by Guest »

It had happened so quickly. One moment, they had a solid plan, and it seemed everything was quiet. The next moment, something was pounding furiously on the door of the house. The adhiel woman heard Rozz's request for light, and was only to happy to oblige. When she shone it, however, it seemed they were looking at the form of a very young, very naked boy. This seemed a little strange, a shapeshifter perhaps? For it seemed unlikely that any in the house had survived.

It struck her hard, the boy's silent plea. He looked around at the three of them... they must have been a very frightening sight indeed. When he looked at her though... his eyes, full of terror they seemed to be, and he mouthed one silent word. A wave of sorrow for the child washed over her. She would tend to any wounds he had, and together, they would get out of here. Nothing else mattered...

As it turned out, everything else did matter, for a split second later, all Sarah knew was pain as the bolt of heat slammed into her back. Upon impact, the woman was sent reeling into Traverse. A soft whimper escaped from her as she lay on her back where the half-giant had placed her. She groaned pitifully, such was the pain, for it felt like a thousand hot needles had been stabbed mercilessly into her. The adhiel didn't know if she could retain consciousness, or be of any help at all.

Return to “Patrician's Ring Archive”