Damsel in Distress (Sam 30th TT) - Open

Moderator: Mods

Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Damsel in Distress (Sam 30th TT) - Open

Post by Grey Wolf »

The gates to the mansion were thrown wide open, and seemingly anyone was free to step through and into the yard. The wall facing the street was no more than four feet high, serving as no deterrent from entry, but merely presenting a sign as to where the street gave way to the private property. The gates were wrought iron and quite sturdy by the looks of them, though they lacked any form or lock or chain which might serve to secure them. But with the Citadel itself no more than two hundred paces away, who would dare do anything untoward within the confines of the mansion.

The house itself was quite unimpressive from the outside. It was quite large and it was two stories high, but it lacked any ornamentation the other noble houses of the city boasted. The front lawn leading up to it was perhaps fifty paces wide and stretched for twenty paces before one came upon the front door. Crushed stone driveway led to the unimposing oaken door, a well polished brass knocker secured upon it. Tall windows stretched both ways, with shutters usually thrown wide open, revealing simple red velvet curtains held aside by matching strings, with much subtler white laced curtains obscuring the view of the chambers within, yet admitting light inside.

No living soul was visible upon the lawn and the house seemed quite at first glance. A carefully observer might notice that all the velvet curtains were drawn over, probably making for quite the gloomy atmosphere within. But, with the Lord Redault’s daughter being injured just a few days past and him away on business, it was perhaps normal for the house to represent the somber atmosphere of its residents. Young Kitya was much loved by the staff and they often jumped to even the slightest hint of her every need.
Last edited by Grey Wolf on Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.

Post by Guest »

Rozz took a moment to observe the yard for where he was going to be staying. The wall that lined the street seemed rather short for security purposes. The achadhiel took note of this as he passed through the iron gate. He closed it behind him, but could see no latch or lock to keep them secure either... although with the short wall in the front, the lock on the gate would serve as a mere inconvenience.

After scouting the yard he took a look at the house. It seemed rather plain looking than he had imagined, but that didn't bother him at all, because that meant less obstructions for intruders to hide behind, such as large vases, statues and a lot of foliage. Rozz approached the oak door and gave a knock on the bronze knocker and awaited entry.

He was wearing black leather boots, a black lined fur cloak over top of a black silk sleeveless tunic and black cloth leggings. He chose black so that he could patrol the yard or else walk in front of windows at night with lower visability. He kept his two bastard swords wrapped in cloth while transporting them to the house as to not give off his status as a protector.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

The crushed stones crunched under Rozz’s feet as he walked down the driveway towards the front door. A pair of small steps led up to a small porch and then he was at the door, the brightly polished knocker giving one loud though before…. A click sounded and the lock gave way, the door swinging open, softly and without a sound until there was about a foot or so of room between it and the frame. Either the lock was broken or it was not shut securely in the first place.

Not much was visible in the thin patch of room that was revealed. The interior was indeed quite gloomy, not a sliver of light penetrating the heavy curtains drawn on all the windows. Had it not been for the light that came through the door, the house would have been in near pitch black. No sound came from within, except for a soft patter of steps coming from the ceiling above and then silence settled on the house fully. No matter how long he waited nobody came to greet Rozz
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.

Post by Guest »

There was indeed something very suspicious about the dark house and the open door. Perhaps the person he was to be protecting was so afraid that she hid herself in the house... but keeping the door closed and securley locked would be the most obvious thing to do if that was the case.

Rozz carefully drew one of his bastard swords with his right hand and held it up, ready to swing if need be. He didn't want to call out to anyone, because he even though he knocked loudly with the knocker, noone responded to it, so he figured it be best not to give any indication as to who he was. After hearing some footsteps upstairs, the Imperial Guard slowly looked around for some stairs. He would go up them and look for someone. If He was to find anyone he would hold his blade to them and ask for their name.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

It took a couple of flickers for Rozz’s eyes to adjust to the gloom within once he stepped into the house, and once they did, a dark stain upon the floor came into focus. It was maybe two paces in diameter and had uneven edges, almost like a liquid that had been spilled and left to dry. As a couple more flickers passed, another fixture came to attention. Something heavy had been dragged, moved to the side, several dark lines of spilled liquid leading to the right and disappearing under the door. No more footsteps came from above, two sets of stairs leading up, hugging the side walls and turning inward at the corners.

Post by Guest »

After a good bit of running from the guards room, Sarah found herself completly lost. She knew, of course, that some of the guards would have found Krys by now and at least a few would most likely be searching the streets. Seeking shelter, the adhiel noted an open door leading inside a fairly large, but gloomy house. All the curtains had been pulled back, which was no help to see who might occupy the place, but the open door indicated there might be trouble. Sarah slowly open the gates so as not to make a sound, and crept quietly up the yard. Remembering the shortsword, she took it out of her back and held it in her right hand.

Upon reaching the door, Sarah was reluctant to knock. She didn't want to be caught for trespassing as well. Thinking the guards might be around at any moment, the woman slipped inside the house. Her eyes couldn't really make out anything at first. After all, she had just come from bright sunlight to a dark room. Being an elf, however, was to her advantage, and her sight recovered quickly. Looking at the interior for the first time, she saw a frightening man with black hair. What worried her most, however, is that he had a large sword drawn. Sarah gasped and nearly jumped out of her skin, letting her own blade fall with a loud crash.

Post by Guest »

The fallen sword made Rozz's heart almost burst through his chest. With instinct, and blade still in hand he turned and held the sword pointed right at Sarah's chest.
"If you want to breath once more you will tell me your name and your business for being here!" He whispered, knowing that, even though the footsteps stopped, there is no way she could have gotten down from the top floor and back through the front door so fast. But the achadhiel didn't for a moment think she was not part of what ever was going on in this house.

With his sword still pionted and awaiting an answer, Rozz used a foot to drag her shortsword closer to him, but he just kept his foot over it, not willing to let his guard down to pick it up.
Last edited by Guest on Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

The moment that Rozz had spun around, Sarah became more frightened. Her terror was heightened when she found a sword pointed right to her chest. She edged back a little, away from the blade. The woman really had know way of knowing wether or not this man before her was good or evil. Standing defiantly, just in case, the adhiel steadied herself and began to speak, though the trembling in her voice was quite apparent.

"My name is Sarah, and I come here for....."

She trailed off. Of course, she could not tell him that she was fleeing from the possible pursuit of a number of guards. If Rozz were noble, he may very well hand her in, if evil, it would not really make a difference anyhow.

"I come here.......seeking solitude."

It was the best she could come up with and closest to the truth. Indeed, any escape from a jail cell was considered solitude to her, and what better place than a seemingly abandoned residence. Still, she was surprised by the fact that she had found someone inside, especially someone as ready for combat as Rozz. It unnerved Sarah and made her even more jumpy. She would have to wait for the man's response, for he was in total control.

Post by Guest »

Rozz tilted his head in confusion after Sarah spoke. Solitude!? Why for the love of the gods would someone burst into someone else's home for solitude? He kept his sword aimed at the female adheil's chest as he spoke up.

"Well, Sarah, you've trespassed in the wrong house to find solitude... Stay close to me, but I'm keeping your sword until I feel I can trust you."

Rozz bent over and picked up the short sword and held it in his other hand. He turned back to Sarah and said. ''I'll explain what's going on after we check the upstairs... someone may be in trouble, and since you've kindly 'volunteered' yourself to join me, you can scout out behind me." He sounded very firm in his voice, as if saying don't screw with me He headed up the stairs, in front of Sarah, staying on his best guard and moving quietly.

Post by Guest »

The young half giant had made his way slowly through the Citadel, still learning his way around. It had been a difficult task asking directions on a regular basis in his stilted common. Still he seemed to be getting better at using it with practice, and by and large folk were helpful, if not overly friendly, maybe that was more to do with Traverse than it was to do with them.

Still at last he reached the residence he had sort, and was preparing to find the servants entrance, as he noticed someone slipping into the front door, apparently uninvited. It seemed to be a slight woman, although Traverse thought she might have be an elf, or a human child. She seemed to have a drawn sword as well, which seemed an odd way to enter a house.

For someone so big Traverse could move quite softly, and he made his way to the door, as silently as he could, only to be startled by the clang of a sword hitting the floor. By the Red Warrior what was going on in there? Forsaking stealth for speed, Traverse stretched his legs out and ran towards the door, taking only a moment to swing his staff to the ready position, he pushed the door open with the end of his staff, only to be confronted by the sight of a female Adhiel being threatened by a male Achadhiel with a very nasty looking sword.

A grumble began to form at the base of his throat. "What you do there half elf." Even as he spoke Traverse saw the stain on the floor behind the Achadhiel, it seemed that something foul had already taken place. The half giant raised his staff, "Put sword down, or I strike you." His voice wasn't loud, not that he spoke in whisper, but his anger lowered his voice to little more.

Traverse was unaware of what had transpired here, but clearly something was wrong, and he didn't like the idea of a female being threatened, even if she was an elf.

Post by Guest »

Sarah took in everything Rozz had just said. It seems he meant to take her along with him to whatever danger might be upstairs. This made the woman a little uncomfortable, and even more-so that the man still had the sword pointed at her. Sarah would have pointed out that she was a healer, and may be able to help the victim of the blood stain, but then she decided against it. The adhiel did not want Rozz to know that she was a healer, because if he were militia, he may link it to the guard incident, if he had even heard. Also, the adhiel woman doubted that this achadhiel would believe her anyway.

As a half-giant entered the room, however, positions changed once again. This male was quick to assume and even quicker to take action. In but a moment he had come to his own conclusions about what had transpired, and was now demanding that Rozz lower his sword. It seemed now that the giant held all the cards, with Sarah in dead last. She waited...

Post by Guest »

Rozz's jaw dropped just slightly as the tall figure burst through the door waving his staff and telling the achadhiel to drop his weapon. His jaw dropped, indeed, but not because he was worried that the half giant could kick his ass with a staff, but because here Rozz was, ready to do his first assignment, and all these people kept showing up totally ruining his cover! It made his mad more than anything. He didn't know if these two were involved or not, but that made no difference, he knew for certain there were footsteps upstairs, which would be well notified of his presence now!!

The Imperial Guard kept his weapon pointed at Sarah, but drew his gaze at Traverse and dropped his brow. Oh, this is just great... He thought to himself, then said aloud. "No sir, it is you who had better drop your staff or I will cut your friend down before she can exhale her last breath, then I'll cut you down to eye level!"

Rozz pushed all uncertainty aside at this point. He was sure that these two were the evil culprits, with a third party upstairs. "Tell your friend upstairs to come out now and unhand miss Kitya, unharmed! You both had better pray to the gods that this blood on the floor is not hers, or I will unleash the same fate upon you both in the name of The Red Warrior!" He said to the giant, while placing the blade closer to Sarah's chest. He kept his foot on the short sword to make sure none could retrieve it, but he then drew another short sword to give him the upper hand in this situation and held it towards the half giant so he could not charge him.

OOC: I'll just go on as if I wasn't heading up the stairs, nor picked up sarah's short sword. :)
Last edited by Guest on Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

It was a sudden whirl of activity, and accusations going on. First Traverse had accused someone he didn't know, of something he wasn't sure of, and now he had been accused, well it appeared he had been accused, of something he knew he didn't do. All this rushing around, obviously he had been associating with humans too much of recent times!

Weighing up the situation before him, the young half giant couldn't quite conceal a slight smile.

"She no friend," he pointed towards the Adhiel. "But you no friend either."

It seemed more was going on than at first appeared to be the case. "Maybe we both put down arms. I not make that." This time Traverse indicated the stain on the floor. "And I have no friend upstairs.

"But not good for you to harm lady. That not right." The warriors invocation of the Red Warrior was interesting, Traverse was surprised that an Achadhiel would follow the same god as he did.

"The Red Warrior will decide, but maybe not now." All this speech in common was taxing, young half giant was still somewhat stilted when he attempted to converse too complex an idea.

ooc: sorry about that Rozz, I didn't read your post fully, oops.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Not a thing stirred in the house, the only sounds coming from the trio gathered in the foyer. A wind was picking up outside, but its whistling was faint and barely audible. It did cause a small draft, pulling the front door outward and closing it with a soft click. For a moment the entire room was shrouded in complete darkness, but then their eyes started adjusting to the gloom and shapes became visible once more. Not a sliver of light penetrated the heavy velvet curtains that shielded every window in the chamber.

Post by Guest »

(OOC: Im sorry about my long absence from posting. My dog was sick for some time and it was rather serious,I didn't really have the motivation to make a decent post, once again, sorry.)

The woman noted that the half-giants speech was broken and choppy, but he seemed to get his point across well enough. Upon being further threatened, Sarah did not know what Rozz intended anymore. He had mentioned someone, a woman unknown to the adhiel.

"Kitya?" She breathed, quite confused at the name.

Never the less, both seemed to follow the Red Warrior, and Sarah hardly found this notion comforting. When Traverse mentioned that he did not count her among his friends, doubled with the fact that they both followed the same god, the woman came to the conclusion that the two men had more in common with each other than her. She might be in trouble.

When the door clicked shut and darkness engulfed the room, however, Sarah made no move to try anything. Here she was in a room, unarmed, and with a half-giant looming over her, with a sword pointed at her from another's hand. When all gloom settled, the healer spoke.

"So, we have come to the conclusion that none of us made this stain on the floor. Surely, in my predicament, I can do no harm to you gentlemen. Might I suggest we put our differences aside for now and proceed upstairs? I may be able to do something for the injured party, whoever that may be."

She tried to keep her voice as calm as possible, but in truth, Sarah was rather unnerved by the two before her. Both didnt seem very predictable, but she hoped they both had enough common sense to address the bigger danger that could be in the house.

Post by Guest »

Traverse heard the Adhiel breath the same name that the Achadhiel had mentioned earlier, and then the door snicked shut. Now doesn't that just beat all! No idea what is going on, and no damned light either, by the Red Warrior this is getting out of hand.

Still the young half giant made no move, he simply held his ground, watching carefully as his eyesight adjusted to the gloom. The words of the female Adhiel brought his mind back to the present, and at her words he nodded his head, as if in acceptance.

Keeping a close eye, well as close as he could in the gloom they now found themselves enveloped in, Traverse slowly lowered his staff, retaining a fighting grip and stance, but more in the ready position than any stance to attack.

"The Adhiel make sense. It seem maybe someone else here as well. Maybe we all a bit hasty." There was a flickers hesitation as the half giant weighed up his thoughts.

"My name Traverse. Traverse Sandhome, I have come to collect something. Not to fight. " A look of almost consternation crossed his craggy face. "I act before I think, for that I apologise. But I still think you," he looked at the Achadhiel directly, "should let her go. She no threat at this time. Maybe she help, as she says."

Post by Guest »

Rozz paused for a moment after the two spoke. They sure didn't seem like they were there to cause trouble, and they didn't seem to be apart of the same crew. The blade that was aimed toward Sarah was lowered, as was the one aimed at Traverse. Rozz kept them both in hand just in case.

"I apologize, Sarah." Rozz said with sincerity as he looked at the adhiel. He then turned his glance to the both of them and continued. "My name is Rozz Manaida, I'll explain why I'm here later, we must go see if Kitya is alright! Follow me, and Traverse, keep your staff ready... who knows whats up those stairs. I believe this is yours, Sarah."

The achadhiel picked up Sarah's short sword and handed it to her hilt first, then turned for the stairs and raised his blades. He took the lead and slowly walked up each step preparing to attack anything that were to jump at him from above.
Last edited by Guest on Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Guest »

The young half giant noted the lowering of Rozz's swords, and his own stance relaxed a bit further. As the Achadhiel spoke to the female elf, Traverse noted her name, Sarah, seems a nice name. Traverse was grad they seemed to have reached some sort of understanding, still who was this Kitya, and what was she in danger from.

As Rozz began to make his way up the stairs, Traverse quietly ushered Sarah in front of him, taking the tail post, scanning behind them and to the sides as they made their cautious way up the stairs. As Rozz had suggested, Traverse kept his quarter staff at the ready, his weight balanced and mind alert.

By the Red Warrior what have you got yourself into now Traverse my boy!!! Still it seemed he had some company, and Rozz certainly seemed capable with those two pig stickers of his.

Post by Guest »

The woman took the blade from Rozz, doubting herself as to how much help she would be with it. She put it back in her back, and instead produced a chest rather slowly, to dissuade suspicion. In fact, this chest held her herbs, which would be put to use when and if they found this Kitya that seemed to be in trouble.

When Traverse positioned himself at the back and bade her to take the middle, Sarah became a little nervous. Was this because he was trying to protect her, or because he didnt trust her? The adhiel glanced behind and up to view the half-giant, then quickly turned her gaze back to the front, so as not to be rude.

But now her eyes lay upon Rozz. He seemed confident in his abilities, with the two swords certainly helping him in that sense. Sarah wondered if he was part of the military, and what would happen once he started asking her questions, if at all he did.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Plush dark carpet, its color hard to guess in the dark gloom that sheathed the room, covered the stairs. From the base it was obvious that the upper floor was also cloaked in darkness, their steps carrying them away from the dark stain on the floor bellow, that disappeared under a door, near the base of the stairs. Up they went and emerged onto a small landing, both staircases ending up at it. Hallway led towards the front of the house, ending in an intersection with more darkened hallways leading both left and right. Doors, presumably leading to rooms, stood on both sides of the hallway, the left one standing slightly ajar, with something dripping down onto the floor from its handle.

Post by Guest »

Rozz held his arm up to signal the two to stop for a moment when he noticed the left door slightly open with something dripping from the handle. He looked back the the half giant and adhiel and motioned at the doors handle so they could see the stuff dripping. He kept as silent as he could while he raised his weapons, which was an indicator for Traverse to do the same... something was in that door.

The achadhiel slowly pushed the door open all the way, but did not stand in front of the opening, so that way if something was ready to rush, it did not have a target.

If nothing was going to charge at the empty doorway, Rozz would attempt to peek around the corner to scan the room as best he could in this lighting, then if all was clear he would slowly walk in with his blades ready to defend him and his new companions.

Post by Guest »

Traverse followed Rozz and Sarah up the stairs, surprised by the quality of the carpet, being unaccustomed to such trappings as he was. Still he managed to keep his wits about him and was surprised that Sarah decided to sheath her sword, only to withdraw a small chest of some sort.

Wonder what in the seven hells that is, maybe magic. It didn't cross the warrior-like half giants mind that Sarah had withdrawn herbs, his first thoughts were usually to do with fighting.

As Rozz approached the left hand door, Traverse peered over Sarahs head to see what he was indicating, noting that something was dripping off the handle, Hmm, blood maybe, but maybe not as well, don't be jumping to conclusions again.

Traverse left it to Rozz to open the door further and make the first penetration of the room, he saw his job as to guard the rear, so he continued to scan behind them, there were other doors here as well, and the Red Warrior only knew what lurked behind them.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Maria sat huddled in the corner, tears streaming freely from her eyes, looking up at her Mistress. Left hand frantically rubbed at her tattered dress, the blood that stained it long gone, but it still felt dirty to her. She dared not move out of the corner, afraid of what might happen to her should the Mistress notice it. Little Tommy stared at her with eyes wide open, sucking on his thumb in another corner, mutely begging Maria to do something. It only made her situation worse than it was and that was a grim thought. The Mistress was gone now, but Maria dared not try to run, remembering what happened to Martha. Or rather remembering what her imagination told her happened to Martha, since all she heard was a scream.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Eyes on the door, Rozz moved forward slowly and carefully. It was a sound tactic, though there was one small flaw in it. He failed to look down. And just a single pace away from the landing a thin line was stretched, secured to last spokes that held the railing in place. Arms encumbered with swords he never stood any chance of regaining the balance, and tumbled forward, falling face first..... Towards a thin wire stretched across the hallway, several inches of the floor. His swords saved his life, severing the thin wire before it slashed at his throat, but as it snapped, he felt a sharp pain explode in his left hand. Rozz's index finger cluttered to the floor, first two joints neatly severed, blood gushing from the wound freely.

OOC: Hmmmmm, consider this thread impassable. You are not allowed to open any new threads past this time stamp till this one is resolved. We are doing this due to the imminent danger of disabling injury and possible death to your persons. Have fun people.

Post by Guest »

OOC: Call me mister butterfingers, ha!

IC:
Instantly the sword that was being wielded in the Achadhiel's left hand dropped to the floor.

"Ahhrg!!" He yelped from the pain that pulsated from his missing finger. "Stay back, you two! Don't move... the place is boobytrapped... ahrg!" Rozz sat up and dropped his other sword so he could cradle his injured hand. It stung alright, and he needed to cauterize it and tie a tourniquette near the wound. "I need some string... Anyone, just throw it over here!" He said between his clentched teeth.

What a way to start a first mission... this did not spell out good news for the duration of it.

OOC:Are those people in the same room as the one I just got my ass handed to me in?

Post by Guest »

(OOC: Hah, I just invite trouble...my other thread was impassable for a time, too.)

At the first signs of Rozz's injury, Sarah realized what had happened and began to take action, although on the spot. First, she took a decorative ribbon from her pack and threw it to the man. Of course, it wasn't string, but it would do the appointed job well enough. Satisfied with this, Sarah also reached for her flint and tinder, tools that would strike the oil lamp, providing light to look for anymore devious traps. Once that task had been completed, the woman would take the achadhiel male's severed finger, and place it in her cold, if not icy water. Sarah trusted the half-giant's ability to keep their flank safe. She would need the index to be kept cool for later, if she meant to sew it back on. It would take quite a long time before the bone mended, however, if at all.....

Return to “Patrician's Ring Archive”