Troth - Sanction - Chyril 22nd

Moderators: Vanadius, Mods

Vanadius
Moderator & Coordinator Terra West

Troth - Sanction - Chyril 22nd

Post by Vanadius »

The Priestesses of the Queen gathered in the Temple Hall. The mood was quiet, somber and grim as they began to shuffle into the Hall from various locations.

There was no call to order, or even a call for silence for the many women came in and sat without a word and the hall fell even more quiet as the footsteps ceased.

One frail looking, older woman stood. It was Mother Maja's sister, Leah.

"The Embol has arisen. He will destroy everything we hold sacred. He must be stopped."

A murmur went through the hall as whispers of agreement were uttered.

"Who among you will face the Embol?"

The challenge rang out in the hall, waiting for an answer.
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

OOC: I just could not resist. If its too hilarious just kick him out.

"Can somebody tell me where I can find some food ?" at the moment he spoke the words Langredoc knew that he had done something stupid. He had traveled around for a while carefully avoiding everybody until he knew how things worked around here. But now he had run out of food so he entered the side-door of that huge building, just ask where he could get food.

He swallowed something and said then "Uh sure I protect the.... I protect."

That was actually not what he wanted to say...never volunteer for something you don't know, rule one of living mercenaries. Impulsive as he was, Langredoc had broken this rule before when it was against his code of honor.

Hell life got more complicated by the flicker.... he wondered if these where the good or the bad guys. The red warrior had a habit of moving Langredoc to the strangest places.

Maybe it was better to just run off, otherwise he would end up in a fight with people he did not want to fight. So he started to back off friendly smiling...
Last edited by Langredoc on Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
[quote]I am the warrior of the raven, traveling from war to war feeding on the dead and the living alike. Until darkness fall's.[/quote]

Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Post by Hex da`Bergliin »

OOC:

Hello Langredoc and welcome to the icy isle. :)

IC:

Hex looked to see who else was going to step forward. So far no one until the male outsider spoke his few words. Hex then could take no more and boldly walked up to the newcomer.

Looking back over her shoulder as she started to speak so that she could address Leah...

"I am Hex and I will go to face this worm. For that matter i will take this spy of his with me incase I run out of food."

When Hex finished her eyes were squarely upon Langredoc, looking and waiting for his reaction.

"I assume that someone has a plan better than waling up to him and challenging him outright?"
~
[i]The [b]Kona[/b] is dead, long live the [b]Witches[/b][/i]
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

OOC: Heya Hex, glad to meet you.

IC:

After the statement of the fierce and battle ready looking lady it took him a flicker to respond. He was a bit, well hit in his dominant mail side. The fact that he more or less followed the Red Warrior did not help much in this area. Being humble was not something that was embedded in his spirit.

Worm ? Hell I am a lot but a worm ? O right, they told me that women are the boss and the warriors here. And spy ? OUT OF FOOD !!!!!! Ok that's the limit. I also have my pride...and being challenged.. o well.

So he said just like he was talking to a group of farmers.
"Just for the record, I am not food, nor a spy or a worm.... as far as I know. I am a warrior called Langredoc... just Langredoc, nothing more. But if that means that she wants to be in charge, no problem. Except ofcourse when someone wants to challenge me, I am a servant of the Red Warrior. So whatever pleases the lady, I am ready for it."

After that Langredoc's wiser part started moving though his brain.

Maybe I should have shut up when I could, and just have said "Sure, no problem..."

So he just prepared for what would come and faced Hex. He had a feeling that the good times on board of the ship where looooooong gone, and new times just started. Interesting times, with a lady in charge.... ooooh boy... interesting times.
Last edited by Langredoc on Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[quote]I am the warrior of the raven, traveling from war to war feeding on the dead and the living alike. Until darkness fall's.[/quote]

Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

At the mention of the Red Warrior the crescent shaped room erupted into chaotic shouting and cries of both laughter and death for the newcomer. Many pointed and called for his head, some were actually being restrained from carrying out that thought themselves.

Women warriors rushed in from the outer chamber and began to wade into the incensed crowd to soothe them. A voice carried throughout the chamber, slowly bringing peace, calm and reason to the mob.

It was Maha. An older women, frail and fragile looking, and yet anything but. A priestess of the Ice Queen, and a servant of the holy Kona. To the people of Rimmerhold, she was a wise and valuable counselor to the Kona and the Council. To Langredoc, she looked like an old woman that could barely stand up on her own.

"Peace....

Peace....

Be still..."

A hush fell upon the room.

"The one named Langredoc. You are a foreigner here and you do not understand our ways. Your God holds no sway here and mention of him is blasphemous to many that share this chamber. You have marked yourself as a servant of the unfaithful and thus you shall listen to these proceedings but not participate further. You will be expected to listen in silence, and spread the word of what happens here to your brethren outside these halls. Do you understand?"
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

Langredoc's face became a mask of calm while he restrained his urge to draw his weapons to face the one's who wanted to attack him. So he kept his weapons sheeted, standing there like a challenge on his own.

Then the old woman started to speak, she was clearly a woman of great wisdom and power as all became covered in silence while her words where spoken.

Langredoc now understood that he had actually entered a sanctuary of a other, to him foreign religion. That shocked him because it was against his code to be insult people like that. And now he had done that, unintentionally but still.

There was only one answer possible to the old Priestess.

He dropped on one knee and placed his blades in front of her.

No word was spoken, and he just waited.
Last edited by Langredoc on Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

OOC: Hey Langredoc, like I told V. I can only post on the weekend for now, just so you know and do not think I am ignoring you or something. :wink:

IC:

Red Warrior...

Hex felt her face and ran her finger along the scar on her lip given to her by Gavin. It was a good scar from about the only man that Hex did not want to gut like a caught animal.

Hex was happy that this civil war as it was, had ignited so much passion once again. The baying of other wolves was like music to her ears, but some of the lust had gone out for this man.

Hex looked to the figure upon bended knee and carefully went over all his actions in the few burns that had passed. He knew now he was an outsider, he knew that he was of another belief, he was a warrior and yet he showed restraint.

Such thinking had gotten her into trouble before, if she had just kept up her man hating ways and killed and not trusted, then this would not be as the worm would be dead. Oh well, a snow flake blown past should be forgotten.

Hex crossed the floor to Langredoc and stood just off to the side. Unlike the other women here Hex has her braids not flowing in front of her but rather they fell to about shoulder height and then she had then thrown back over her shoulders and then Hex had the braids tied off into the base of her skull and loosely woven together. With her hair getting so long she just found that they where getting in the way of combat. Some of her hair had been cut and now just hung there like ragged bangs.

Hex crouched and tilted her head, her wicked little smile coming to her lips.

"Come warrior known as Langredoc, she has spoken and no one will harm you here. I have known another of your kind and he was a man of honor so pick up your swords and stand up. If you are half the man that he was you will live today for many days. You are obviously lost here but the Ice Queen moves in ways that we cannot understand till later, and sometimes not even then. You are here for a reason, what ever it might be. You are not the worm, you are just not of us and thus, suspicion falls upon you. This is natural and should be expected. Come now, I am not that hungry today. Stand now so that we may move forward without any more distractions this tide as there is much to do and time does not wait for us."
Last edited by Hex da`Bergliin on Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
~
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

OOC: Then make the best out of it ;)

IC :

The woman called Hex approached Langredoc, so as always he prepared to fight. His weapons in front of him would only be a mild hinderence for him to wield them. Her words brought a slight smile on his face while he took the weapons and placed them back in their scabbards. His piercing green eyes, exploring and judging the woman.

For a flicker he wondered who the man was that she clearly admired then he just nodded to her.

"I know what I am worth, nobody has to tell me that, life or death are in my own hands. So guide the way my Lady, and we shall face together what the higher forces throw at us and win."

He spoke relaxed with a bit of a amused tone. The idea that people look down on him because of his background almost made him feel at home......

It was actually not so strange that Langredoc reminded Hex of Gavin, first they both had the same Dortish accent in their voice, and both behaved like the world was not stubborn enough the break them. Besides that they where both dark haired and tall, Langredoc was slightly shorter then the other man, and more catlike where Gavin was a bear or wolf.

Although there where also some differences. No facial hair, where Gavin's face was covered with a beard, Langredoc's face had no hair, except for a five o'clock shine. And his long hair in a braid was hanging on his back.

Langredoc watched Hex, her way of movement, her eyes, her weapons.

So, thats the lady that the Red Warrior wants me to protect. It is going to be interesting times. But I feel good with it.

He was ready to follow.
Last edited by Langredoc on Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Lori was led into the crescent shaped room by the warrior woman. Immediately, she saw Hex's flame red mane of hair and a smile crept across her tired features. She hadn't really thought that this unbelievably tough woman would not have survived, but it was nevertheless a relief to see her again in the flesh and banish all doubt.

Hex was standing over a man. Is he one of Skaali's? Lori wondered with a sudden stab of fear, but her warrior friend's face didn't seem to be angry, it almost quirked with something like amusement in the face of this man perhaps, then, he is a friend....

Her own arrival appeared to have gone unnoticed. She caught sight of Eirrin, sitting proud and tall in a chair to the right of the Kona's. Right then Lori...now or never, say what you came to say. She raised her hand, and, projecting her voice as loudly and distinctly as she could, despite her trembling nerves, she said "Mother Eirrin, please, may I speak?"
Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

Elder Eirrin and the others watched carefully as Hex spoke with the stranger. he was perilously close to being torn limb from limb after speaking of the Red Warrior in a holy place devoted to the Ice Queen. But he bore himself well, and Hex seemed to pacify him well enough.

Maha seemed pleased by the outcome of Hex speaking to the stranger as well, and she sat down and watched carefully as the fervor died and calm and order was restored once more.

There were many voices that cried out for attention, but when Eirrin rose once more as Lori entered, the clamoring voices went silent again as Eirrin rose a hand for peace.

The Elder's eyes locked on Lori and her penetrating gaze spoke measures of both uncertainty and the promise of swift and terrible vengeance if the girl so much as caused any sort of blemish on the clan's honor. Such gifts Eirrin had given this girl, and the long white winter had passed without any real trace of her. Yet here she stood, and the Elder would hear her speak before the Council.

The spears of the women warriors parted, allowing Lori to enter and approach, but not allowing Hex and Langredoc to leave just yet.

Post by Guest »

And suddenly, all eyes were on her.

"Mother Eirrin, my lady priestesses..." she faltered, clearing her throat once, twice. She knew what to say....she just wasn't sure how to go about saying it so that all these wise and powerful women surrounding her would listen. She closed her eyes, and tried to find the calmness within; that centre of strength that she had found inside herself during her time at the Gjof.

"This winter has been a long one, and a great many things have changed. We in Trothgard face the threat of Skaalyr, a menace who must be stopped." She paused and met Eirrin's eyes "I have met Skaalyr. I travelled with him across the Northern wastes for a great many days before we were separated by a storm of ice. Never did he reveal himself to me. He is cunning, and a skilled actor. If we are to fight him we must think as he does, we must not only use our strength and our faith, we must match him in slyness and cunning."

She had no idea how the roomful of people surrounding her would react to her speech, but she pressed on, speaking more loudly and confidently with every word.

"I come here to you after months of thought and prayer...to...to offer my plan to you for your consideration. Someone needs to get inside his ranks, to work as a spy...to convince him of their loyalty, and secretly report on his movements to our warriors. A strong attack he will certainly be expecting from us, he knows we are strong in body, heart and soul...He may not be expecting this...more sneaky tactic."

She felt like she hadn't blinked, or breathed for that matter, during her whole speech, beads of sweat were prickling out across her forehead.

"This I volunteer to do, for my homeland and my people."

There was a silence as she finished speaking. She couldn't read Eirrin's expression, so she looked to Hex, hoping for some encouragement....or at least a smile to stop her trembling.
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

We are not going to leave... yet... Langredoc concluded when he was distracted by the new events unfolding.

A new woman approached not well dressed, and Langredoc concluded....not of a high status when he watched the reactions of the other women. He had to learn quickly or he would be in even more trouble.

There was something common with the women it seemed, most had hair in braids. Actually, Langredoc also had his long hair in a braid, a single one.
So he wondered if it had something to do with status, well if it had, he just acquired his own status he guessed. Although he doubted that it would matter anything as he was a man afterall.

Langredoc split his attention between Hex and the other woman, curiosity drew his eyes to her. Maybe because her body posture did nothing to hide her fear and insecurity en though her words where brave and clear.

He could not resist the temptation to like her. Someone who faced her own fears and stood up, was someone to be admired. So he smiled even more, maybe he would greet the Red Warrior in person soon enough, this was something to remember though.

Even though the atmosphere was like, lets take that Red Warrior worshiping heathen apart and maybe some others too, he felt actually very relaxed, and curious about what would happen next..

The old priestess has everything under control.... Mother Eirrin, a name to remember..
Last edited by Langredoc on Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Hex knew that she had taken responsibility for the stranger known as Langredoc, and somehow her doing this had calmed the room down. Sometimes it was hard to understand the rings of reasons why one thing held more weight than another. Things had just settled down when Lori spoke.

Ah my Queen your methods are like a snowflake upon the wind...

Lori had obviously been through a lot and had grown as a woman in that time. Hex was not seeing the timid woman whom she first met, rather she was seeing a strong and confident woman whom had set her mind to a task that could very well result in her death or worse.

Hex was not the one that she had addressed so she remained silent for now. Hex did give her friend a smile of encouragement.

Hex, like everyone else looked to Maha for her response. Hex thought it was a good plan although not one she could do. Skaalyr was no fool and he knew where her loyalties lay, Lori though was another matter...as was Langredoc...Hex's mind began to swirl like a snow storm.
~
Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

Lori's words brought a hush over the room, like the quiet as the snow falls. Those that were whispering off in the outskirts of the assemblage even quieted to listen and ponder.

Mother Maha and Elder Eirrin gave each other a silent glance that spoke volumes in the span of a few heartbeats. It was the leader of the Margeir clan that broke the silence.

"Lori ve Margeir. Mother Maha has told us of your travels and trials. She has told us that it was the Queen herself that named you First of the Last. We do make it a practice to question the will of the Kona or our Queen. We do what we must, as we can do nothing else. The gjof you have been given has marked you. The Embol's seditious ways are no match for the gifts of Clan Margeir, the wisdom of the Kona, and the will of the Queen. Therefore I vote to enact your plan. It is past time we had any information of what the Embol is doing, and in order to ensnare him in his own gambits, we must have reliable information. Sister Hex has stepped forward to face him. We honor that, but in order for us to have the best chance of defeating him, we must know more."

Others in the Grand Hall nodded their heads with the Elder's reasoning and logic. Spears were raised in silent gestures of support and fidelity.

Maha sat and plucked at non existent hairs on her simple, rough spun dress. She either was enjoying this very much because it was going all her way, or she was so disgusted that she wanted nothing mote to do with the conversation or its outcome.

Eirrin continued.

"I see many spears held high. This gives me great confidence in declaring a moot, and having every clan come to an agreement. We will resume in one quarter of a mark."

Every spear in the hall sounded against the stone floor three times in unison.

Langredoc noticed that the braids in the women's hair contained beads, and that these beads were markings. As the moot was declared, it seemed that the Hall was breaking up into small groups to discuss what had just transpired. Not a soul left, and it quickly became apparent to him that no one was allowed to leave. A glance at the guarded entryways demonstrated that no one from within the hall ever trying to approach the guards to leave, but they were cooperative in letting more people in.

This break gave Hex a chance to speak with her new charge, and Lori a chance to speak with her former comrade as well.
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

While looking at Lori Hex spoke sideways to Langredoc...

"You are a quick learner, now stay with me and continue to guard your tongue and this may all end well. Traveling with me and your armor there may become stained red. Now, let us talk with my friend."

expecting Langredoc to follow Hex crossed the floor to her friend and without a thought of inferred perception, gave the slight woman an embrace that lifted her from the floor.

"Hello my friend, it is very good to see you once again. Many a storm I sat huddled over a fire and thoughts of you came to me. It is good to see you well, and stronger than when we parted."

Hex paused and looked over her shoulder to Langredoc.

"Lori, this is Langredoc, a warrior of the Red Warrior whom has lost his way and found the battle of his lifetime. I have taken him as a charge for reasons that I have yet to come to grips with within myself."

Hex paused as she thought about that for a flicker.

"They will write a new name just for thee my girl. You are the first of the last and since I left you have become much of the woman you were hoping to be. Don't let names or feathers cloud your judgment, most of the other hags and sisters here could not have done what you did. Seems to me that we volunteered to be the twin sides of the blade. You will find a way and I will kill him with it. They have agreed to your plan and I am sure that we will here more before we are done."

Hex stopped to look her friend over, pleased with the new woman standing before her.

Glancing at Langredoc...

"Langredoc, have you any questions before we walk a road washed in blood? Have you proper winter clothes for our weather? Provisions? Well? Guard your words but speak up, these things I ned to know to start planing our trek."
~
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

When Hex spoke to Langredoc he almost laughed, it was like he was back into the service of his lord, this time a lady. Luckily she could not be that bad..

So he just nodded and following in the shadow of Hex, it turned out that old habits never die because he automatically started to scan the surroundings for danger, making sure that he could act if anything would try to harm Hex. He just hoped that she was more worthy of his Virgil then his former master. And if not..... well time would tell.

At least this one has friends he concluded. And that was already more then many could say... it stirred a little bit of bitterness inside the warrior, who seemed that his life was only filled with dead or leaving friends.

Then his thoughts where disturbed by the words of Hex when she said.

"Lori, this is Langredoc, a warrior of the Red Warrior whom has lost his way and found the battle of his lifetime. I have taken him as a charge for reasons that I have yet to come to grips with within myself."

Langredoc smiled and nodded towards Lori.

Patiently Langredoc waited until Hex finished talking and returned her words to him.

"Langredoc, have you any questions before we walk a road washed in blood? Have you proper winter clothes for our weather? Provisions? Well? Guard your words but speak up, these things I need to know to start planing our trek."

Langredoc took a flicker to think about the words then he answered drylee.

"I need better winter clothing, more blankets so we can sleep in the open and supplies enough for the trip, or at least to the first stop where we can resupply. Is it possible to get a horse here somewhere ? Or do we go walking. And how do I address you lady ?"

There was a tinkle in his piercing green eyes that told anybody that this man took his judgment serious, whatever he called you, he would mean it.

Maybe did the so called Ice queen ask the Red Warrior to send me here to help or protect these women....

Somehow that thought was not really comforting.

Reiker
Defender of the Keep

Post by Reiker »

Reiker entered the temple with no one to stop him. He entered to see a battalion of women armed with spears. Together they looked like tigers bearing one gigantic jaw of a hundred fangs. He sighed as the cold refused to let him be, even as he entered the temple. Here he recognized the traits of any house of worship. This one probably worshiped the cold, or something that symbolized the cold. Whatever it was, he needed to be here. If he was going to go anywhere it had to start here.

He observed their actions for a moment. He realized that he had arrived at time of bustling voices and much work. It didn't feel right for him to disturb them. He just stood there, watching them, waiting for his chance to speak, looking for his chance to speak. Maybe he could find a stray person from the group. Someone to ask a question of.

He looked around for any that were a bit less intent on the faction's business. They would be more fitting to talk to. He found one after a few flickers of no one noticing him. A woman, with a scar on her lip and the demeanor of warrior, was more intent on her conversation with another warrior than with the overall discussion itself. This one would be more proper to bother. Reiker approached her, his face chilled by the cold, showing grave signs of discomfort, but enduring it. His clothes were not meant for this weather. He was a man who fought in the arid heat of sand. The biting cold was hugely the opposite of what he was used to.

"Someone told me to come here. The barkeeper I met somewhere near the docks told me Kona needs a soldier. I'm a merc. I need a job."
[url=http://world4.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=47124424]click me please[/url]
[url=http://www.knightfight.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=63002342]Knights Game[/url]
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Hex smiled and nodded to Langredoc.

"I shall make the arrangements for your supplies. We walk and take dog sleds, we have no horses. There will be no second stop to re-supply, if we need to we can strip the dead, there will be lots of those. You may call me Hex, I have collected other titles but that is my name."

Hex picked up on Langredoc's movements, they reminded her of a former role she once had...He has been a guard...he is attentive...good.

Hex's thoughts were interrupted by the arrival and words of Reiker.

What have I done to deserve this? My Queen is this a cruel joke?

"Langredoc, is this a friend of yours? What is with all you men whom think we need help? I think I need to break the teeth of a bartender on our way out of town. Reiker is it? You must be new here as you are also not dressed for our little isle. We have no jobs, only death or glory. I too was once a mercenary but we have no coin to offer you here. I can see that there is much you do not know here. I will say the same to you as has been said to Langredoc, you are an outsider stepping into a civil war of sorts, suspicion of you is natural and to be expected. If you want to make it out of this room in one piece guard your words and swords. You chose well to speak with me so you must have some good judgement. If my words seem harsh, then so be it for they are truth. If you wish to stay and seek glory then understand I will take you to it but understand that you will be my charge, my responsibility and I will expect you to follow my orders. If that is what you want and you can do that then fine, welcome to the road to glory, it will be paved with blood. If not..."

Hex shrugged, she had no idea what would happen if he said no.

"Now, let's see if we can get out of this without too more interruptions. I can speak to any questions in a few burns and to getting you properly outfitted."

Hex looked Reiker over and smiled. This one too knows his weapons, let us see if he is as wise as he is skilled.... Hex waited for Reiker to respond, looking him in the eye and smiling her wicked little smile.

"Well Lori, one of us seems to be a magnet for strange men."

Hex reached over to pull the woman close and laughed. She was looking forward to the task at hand.
Last edited by Hex da`Bergliin on Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

OOC:

Hi there everyone. I just wanted to let everyone know that I can only post on the weekend. I try to post a few times with good quality posts if I can over those days but throughout the week, don't wait for a reply from me if we need to move forward. I don't want to hold us up or have you all think I am ignoring you.

Just wanted to remind some and give a heads up to those that may not know.

Hex.
~
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

No nobility habits, just call me Hex

Langredoc relaxed a bit and returned the smile.

Dog sleds, thats something new... O well I like dogs. The buggers are more loyal then humans any day.

"Ok, Lady Hex, ill keep your back free of anything you don't wish there to be...." he said. His eyes twinkled with amusement, although they now never ceased to search for hidden dangers. It was clear that the man had learned to survive the hard way, but Hex was now in the protection zone. People approaching her where just as scrutinized as those who came into weapons reach to Langredoc himself.

The warrior wondered if he finally got rid of the trailing assassins, but somehow he knew that the near future hold many challenges anyway and they would only be a side note in the story of his life.

The idea of gathering their supplies of the dead was not something that bothered him, but it told him that the moment they would leave the building they would be on their own. No help, no support. So he wondered why they relied on strangers... the answer would probably be... that strangers are expendable.

Somehow the idea of Hex going on a one way trip did not feel strange to the warrior. The woman was clearly a warrior, she had the marks, the walk and the eyes of a warrior and more. Langredoc concluded that those who she considered a enemy would not live long enough to tell their tale.

Funny enough the young man wondered when these women had time, or took time for less aggressive amusement if they kept men away all the time. Maybe they just sticked to their own kind, what was pretty doubtful.

He watched the approaching warrior when Hex asked him about the man.

"No my lady, I have no living friends...and you don't need help...you need people you can trust and it seemed that your Ice Queen has provided that.........glory is a overrated art invented to tell stories about people who died." he remarked, and just changed his position by passing Hex so if the stranger would do something funny to eighter ladies, he would first serve for entertainment.

He did not like the idea of Lori traveling with them though, somehow he had the feeling that she should not face destiny like that....he had his own reasons to stay, first he would not back out when he had offered help. Second the idea of the blood of these women being wasted on the icy planes of the backward isle was something that was against his personal code. And third.... well it was a challenge as big as a challenge could be.
Last edited by Langredoc on Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

...Glory is a overrated art invented to tell stories about people who died.

Indeed, Hex was amused by Langredoc, he was very self assured of his role in life and yet he seemed to carry the same weight as those that knew their fate lay in death, either nw, or later. He moved with grace into a position of protection...of her!

Hex's eyes twinkled as she to moved, not against the movements of Langredoc but with them to move into a position where they were both protecting Lori. Hex waited to see if he would catch on as to whom was the one who really needed to be protected in this little group.

"Glory is a word with many meanings in many places. I once served on a ship where it meant survival and plunder, in Dort it was the art of out maneuvering one's political and business rivals. An idle game of the rich. To some here, yes it may mean stories of those whom have passed into true service of the Queen, but to me it means something different. It is the beating in your heart before battle, it is the cut of the blade and the thud of the hammer. It is being the wolf amongst the strewn corpses and the carrion birds that pluck at their eyes. It is to do service to the Queen and to live in the moment of rage. It is to live, not to die or be talked about when you are dead. Although when you are given a name by a god, they will talk about you until the end of days."

Hex gave Lori a wink and scanned the room to see who was taking an interest in the odd little group forming about her.
~
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

The movement in the corner of Langredoc's eye had to be Hex, or at least he suspected that to be her, and it was. She also moved in front of Lori while telling the warrior how she thought about glory. He had expected that this warrior lady would not hide behind a other warrior.... probably especially not a man. He was a tat surprised to learn that she had been in Dort, it explained partly her behavior towards him, and her acceptance of his attitude.

Still her Glory not be his, and that he didn't worry him. He would just do what he considered to be his duty, even if that meant death.

The smile on his face turned to a grin for a flicker while he thought about the many times his lord had bet against his survival of the night. This was just the next bet, and he would win...

His eyes examined Reiker. The man was clearly a warrior, tall.... taller then Langredoc, muscular...and his hands showing the marks of a experienced sword fighter. Yeah his appearance was one of the standard bully Langredoc had seen many a time, and disliked.... but a surviver non the less.....without any honor.

Post by Guest »

It had taken a few flickers for Eirrin's words to sink in. They listened...they really listened she felt dazed and still couldn't quite believe that her plan was being taken seriously by the elders....and what that in fact meant....she would be facing Skaali...and soon. A shiver ran up her spine. And then Hex was striding towards her and enveloping her in a bear-hug. She couldn't help smiling at her friend's evident excitement at the path that lay ahead of them.

"Hello Hex, it's so good to see you again." She wondered how the last months had passed for her warrior friend. She nodded in greeting at the new arrival, "and hello Langredoc..it seems you've already had quite an introduction to the ways of this icy isle...don't worry about Hex, her bark is worse than her bite..well...sometimes." She grinned at Hex and felt herself relax slightly, it felt good to be around people again, she hadn't realised just how much she'd missed the company of others, especially Rosa. Quickly she scanned the room, seeking out the plump shape and chestnut hair of her oldest friend with her eyes, she felt sure she would be here somewhere, perhaps if the occasion arose later she would ask Eirrin of her whereabouts...she sure could use a Rosa-hug!

Then another stranger approached them, another man, tall and muscular. Lori moved to greet him, but Hex got there first with what she was coming to recognise as a style that was typically Hex-ish she moved her hand to her mouth to hide a slight smile.

The young slave was in the centre of their little group, suddenly cocooned on all sides by the three warriors, Hex, Langredoc and Reiker. They seemed to have moved into this protective stance almost subconsciously. Lori hoped that in time she would be able to show them that she didn't need protecting, that she could handle herself...after all...she'd have to manage alone when she entered Skaali's camp.

"Well, it seems we four are a team at any rate. How many more volunteers have there been?" She asked, looking to Hex. She couldn't help it, but these men still made her feel...uncomfortable, despite their apparent loyalty.
Reiker
Defender of the Keep

Post by Reiker »

"It's not like gold's the only thing that keeps a merc. I was looking more along the side of supplies and armaments. Can I have those as wage? One way or another, you the boss-lady, lady."

Reiker replied to her questions, licking his lips as he did so, "Just make sure your orders keep me alive, and I'll do you well."
[url=http://world4.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=47124424]click me please[/url]
[url=http://www.knightfight.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=63002342]Knights Game[/url]
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

Langredoc's face took a unreadable expression.. Something that for people who knew him would be a sign of worry. Inside he had his own thoughts about the arrival of the man.

No fight, its a merc, and we have to find out what he really wants.... Mercenaries don't want to risk their life for beans.. they need money to survive..

"Just make sure your orders keep me alive, and I'll do you well."

No order can keep you alive, you are on your own in that, we always are. I wonder if he is inexperienced ...... or playing inexperienced..

But the weapons stayed in their scabbards on his shoulders, no fight yet, and all of this was Hex problem anyway. She seemed to be experienced non the less.

His eyes shifted back to Lori examining the little signs of insecurity before turning his piercing green eyes slowly away to the other women once again.

Langredoc wondered in silence why the young woman would join a group that would "bath in blood"... she was not a warrior, the crude bone dagger was no obstacle for any experienced swordsman. But maybe she had something nasty up her sleeve...

Still Langredoc would not be comfortable with the idea of a non combatant to be a member of the group. The merc was warfood, if he died only the flees would morn him. For Hex she had a deal with her Goddess that she would kill anybody else until she died, or so it seemed at first look.

For himself his motives where not very clear, he had planned first to move with them and then disappear and stay alive. But Hex had something that made the warrior stay, if the cause was just enough he would fight it and make sure that they come home.

For a near fearless follower of the Red Warrior Langredoc was very calculative and did not enjoy killing. He would show no mercy on those who enjoyed death...maybe this was a chance to hone his skills, and enjoy some new food en special company. The only sad thing was that it would be cold, wet, nasty and full of blood. He almost laughed at the thought.

For a flicker his eyes touched Lori again.

No bloody victims.....
Last edited by Langredoc on Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Trothgard Archive”