[Chyril 22nd, GT] Spring Fling [closed]

Moderator: Mods

Yin Lorin
Retired staff

[Chyril 22nd, GT] Spring Fling [closed]

Post by Yin Lorin »

The new grass was a pale green and adding a velvety look to the rolling hills of the country side. The fields were all plowed under ready for the new crop, black earth that was cut into squares across the rolling hills, making the whole surrounding area like some black and green quilt that had been draped over the land by the gods. There was the rich scent of the new earth and the budding flowers, winter was on the retreat and the summer was coming.

In the middle of the small square of houses and shops were tables that were slowly collecting food as people arrived for the spring festival. Plates of sweet cakes or honeyed hams, roasted goose, and fresh food of every kind were being placed out on the decorated tables. In a farmers life there were few times to relax and to celebrate, planting the crop was one to celebrate and so they did.

Folk music played in from the far side near the entrance to the town hall, the band was not made up of professionals, but locals who shared their talent like the ladies were sharing their backing skills. Children ran about and dancers were dancing in the square where it was cleared out.

Yin sat on the steps of the Inn across from the village hall, listening to the music. His sword was at his side, like a part of him, it was always there, but his mind was not on fighting. Taken away by the smell of the earth and the warm buns and succulent hams he was thinking of the new year to come.

He knew this was not the real world, but it did not matter to him, this was real in its own way. He tapped his foot to the beat of the jolly tune and accepted a mug of ale that was passed to him. He was sitting with the men and soon he knew he would be told he should dance. He would of course, but for some reason old people thought it was their duty to remind the young ones they should find love.

Yin was a little bitter about such a feeling. Love was an elusive thing, and joy was hard to find in the real world. His mind wandered on the subject as he sipped the stout and chilled ale. He remember the women he had met, Tinally, Rose, both had been vicious and deceitful. He wondered if there was an honest girl he had met and felt feelings for.

Alazandra.

The name came to him almost as if it was just pushed in. Yes, the dark place, she had been a light, and in the castle. She was lovely, and sweet. He did fancy her, just, he never had the time.

He looked up and scanned the dancers and the people milling about, perhaps she would be here. She had been in other dreams, she could be here.

(This is open on request in PMs)
Last edited by Yin Lorin on Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Alexandrya L`handriel »

When her name materialised in Yin's mind and he lifted his eyes to scan the crowd, slender arms slipped around his shoulders and a soft kiss was placed on his cheek. "I have been looking everywhere for you, Yin!" Grey eyes met green and a lovely smile. "Were you day dreaming, Yin?"

She giggled softly. "The festival is starting, are you going to sit here all day with all these crazy old coots?" The men laughed as Alexandrya winked at them and she hugged Yin once again. "Well you better finish that drink so we can participate in the festivities! I will not let you sit out another one."

Alazandra was dressed in a lavender dress, her hair unbound with blue flowers in her hair. It was a beautiful day for the festival. Her cheeks were rosy and her eyes twinkled as she waited for him to join her. Her hand was extended for him to take it.
Avatar is ©Nairohe, used with permission because she is the awesomest! [url=http://nairohe.deviantart.com/]Nairohe[/url]
Yin Lorin
Retired staff

Post by Yin Lorin »

The arms around him was shocking at first, and his mind wanted to flip the assailant over his shoulder, but he did not once he realized the arms were thinner then some orc, and the hands much softer. Then came the kiss, and his heart froze in his chest, warming once he saw her eyes, the soft grey like storm clouds in the in the morning, cooling and refreshing.

He drink the last of his drink as she started to step away. The three men sitting next to him gave him a push to stand before he could even comment back about his choice to sit with the “coots” or to dance. He barely had time to set down the empty mug on a barrel. He took her hand in his and followed her out to the dance area.

“Where have you been hiding?” He asked as they started to dance the PinWheel, turning back and forth while hold each other’s hands. He liked the way the wind caught her hair and lifted it. “It is not fair to the other girls that you look so lovely.” He commented as they pulled close in one of the turns.

Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

Soft laughter bubbled out of Alexandrya as Yin was forced onto the dance floor by the old men around him. She grinned as they began the dance. "I had to drop off some groceries before the festivities. Were you worried I would not come?" She asked sweetly, her eyes twinkled with happiness.

Yin would notice that she blushed at his compliment but could not reply because soon after she was pulled away for the next movements of the dance. When she was able to draw near to him again she was grinning. "You are too generous with your compliments." Then in the middle of the dance without missing a beat she kissed him on the cheek. "For your generousity..." She murmured softly and was pulled away for the next steps in the dance.

There was merriment all around as people enjoyed this beautiful day of the festival. Joy and happiness that people would try to remember even during their darkest days.

"Perhaps after this a bite to eat?" As the dance was coming to a close. "Unless you have already eaten?"
Avatar is ©Nairohe, used with permission because she is the awesomest! [url=http://nairohe.deviantart.com/]Nairohe[/url]
Yin Lorin
Retired staff

Post by Yin Lorin »

His heart still fluttered when she kissed him, and his step still faltered. She might have known that and that is why she kissed him sometimes, he suspected. He was not a good dancer to begin with, and when she kissed him, his footing fumbled just a little.

He regained his footing and went back to dancing, a light blush to his cheeks now. “I have not eaten, well, not in the past while.” He shrugged. “I may have taken a bite or two as the trays passed by on their way to the tables, but nothing like a meal.”

She was lovely, and his heart felt warm and full. He felt as if he were simply filled with joy at the sight of her, at her voice. Her mind was level, but she had a spark of dreaming in her that did not make her too dull. She laughed and she sang. How she could sing, he loved hearing her sing. She sang for him when he was wounded in the Sands, the demon had slit him good, and she sang for him while she healed him.

She used magic, he knew, but he let it slide, she was not evil, not like the evil he had been fighting. Chasing down demon after demon that had slipped into this realm, the past few years had brought them closer. He could trust her, and her advice always helped him to see the moderation in what he did.

When the music stopped he stopped dancing, they were close so he pulled her into a loving embrace. “You want to eat?” He asked knowing the answer. He gave her a kiss, not on the cheek, but on her lips, quick and chaste. Stepping back he took her hand and led her to the tables.

He picked up some meat that was roasted on a stick with spices and honey covering it all glazed and golden. He kept hold of her hand, wanting to keep her close as she selected her food. "Should we find someplace to eat, someplace quiet?" He asked leaning close to her as he spoke.

Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

A soft giggle and a twinkling in her eye was caught by Yin as his own steps faltered, but her strong lead helped him back to his position. It was decided that they will get something to eat and when the music came to its last note, she hugged her hero and he gave her a chaste kiss which she blushed at and they held hands as they walked towards the tables laden with food.

She made a plate of fruits, cheese, bread as well as some meat and grinned, "someplace quiet is preferrable." When he leaned in to ask, she drew in closer and nuzzled his neck. "Come, let us go to the orange groves today. I would imagine they smell divine." Alazandra handed him the two plates of food and she gathered a goblet of red wine for her and a mug of ale for Yin and headed off towards the orange groves.

It was impossible to not know where the orange grove was, the scent of citrus hung in the air like a heady perfume. The achadhiel continued to walk towards the back some people still milling about both young and old. As she reached a nice secluded spot, she sat down in the grass and held the drinks until Yin was settled and the plates on the grass. "MMmmmmm! I love this weather and this time of year. Also, I cannot complain about the festival." She smiled at Yin.
Yin Lorin
Retired staff

Post by Yin Lorin »

The orange smell was relaxing. He had never smelled them like this, they never had oranges on his farm, just cherries and pears. Once they were settled under a tree, he leaned back against the tree and smiled. This was contentment, good food, good environment, most importantly his love. “This is wonderful.”

He sipped his drink, and then set it down, turning to look into her eyes. His smile was broad and his eyes lit up. “We have traveled together for what, two years, keep each other safe, and watched over each other. You are the first person I think of when I have problems, and the one person I want to see before I slip into slumber.” He took her hand in his and kissed it. “I love you Alex, more then any other, and I trust you and… when you are not with me, it is as if a void has come on me. I cannot think of what my life was like without you.”

He took a long breath. “What I am trying to say, is I want you with me always, and forever.” He waited to hear what she had to say before reaching for the ring that was snug in the pouch on his side.

Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

A warm smile appeared as she helped Yin settle on the grass and she leaned up against him. "I thought you would like the spot."

Her grey eyes met his green as he spoke to her of their past. As he took her hand and kissed it she felt her heart flutter as she blushes. "We have been through quite a lot together and I could not imagine anyone else by my side. You have protected me as I have done for you."

She believed he was just being nostalgic and romantic until his next words. and her eyes widened in surprise. Her heart thumped in her chest as she paused making sure she heard his words correctly. As she went through the myriad of emotions that Yin could see, her face did not mask anything. Caution, then as the words sunk in her face brightened as she leaned in closer and wrapped her arms around Yin.

"I love you so much and I want to be with you always..." She kisses him on the lips and hugged him.
Yin Lorin
Retired staff

Post by Yin Lorin »

She more pounced then hugged, and it caught him a little off guard, he had not expected that response. If he paused to think about it, he had not thought about what would happen after he asked. He might have said it was because he did not want to plan on something he could not predict, but really it was because he did not want to jinx it.

As they kissed he pulled her to him and she straddled his lap, her knees on either side of him as he leaned back against the tree. He did not want to let her go his lips pressed to hers, the kisses long and slow and deep. He had always felt enraptured by her, as they kissed though; he felt the passion as well. He had always tried to contain it, keep it from running wild, like throwing oil on a fire it could burn fast and hot. He was ready to be consumed in the fire and blissfully be devoured by it.

He had more to say however, and he had not even given her the ring that was now jabbing him in the thigh. He pulled back smiling like some silly boy and reached down to fish out the ring. Her dress was all crumpled and she had to fish around it, his hand paused when he felt the soft warm skin of her inner thigh. It was just a flicker he paused, but it was like a tide to him, then he finally found the ring. His mind could not help but think about her soft flesh hidden under the dress, how pretty and warm and wonderful to be against.

He held out the ring. “I do not have much, and it is a simple ring, but it was what I could afford after paying for the troops, and seeing to the needs of the men.” He took her hand and slipped the ring on, having to stop once when it appeared a little tight, his heart sank thinking he got the wrong size, but it was stuck for only a moment then slid on. He sat up proud as he looked at it. “We can get a better ring later. I have some land, up in Pax, a nice place by a bend in a river. We can finish it up, built a nice house and a stable. It would be a good place to raise horses.” He took her hands in his. “And children.”

Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

The young achadhiel knew she was sitting quite inappropriately on Yin's lap, facing forward, straddling him for a deep kiss out in public. She knew he did not want to let her go and she gave him everything including her heart. She felt Yin fiddling with something and his roughened hand grazed her thigh causing her to shiver with pleasure. She broke away from the kiss and looked down where with a soft giggle, "Yin...what.." Her mouth open in a small o as he revealed a ring. Tears sprang into her eyes as she grinned. "You know that is not necessary." She stared at the ring as he helped put it on and was slightly speechless.

Slender arms went around Yin's neck and she gave him a quick kiss, laughter in her eyes, "When did you have a chance to do this?" As he talked about the future, she was happy and hopeful. Horses and children...a nice stable home.

She sighed as she made herself comfortable. Alexandrya turned about and leaned against Yin but first bringing a plate for her and Yin to nibble on. "Very unexpected."

"Oh my goodness, there are so many people to tell and when should we set the date for? So much to plan for...I would not even know where to start..." She grew silent for a moment as if she was already trying to put mental lists together of who to tell, and what needed to be done as she ate some fruit.
Yin Lorin
Retired staff

Post by Yin Lorin »

He sighed and was slightly relieved when she moved. He was not sure he was happy she moved, but relieved he was not still feeling the temptation as strong. “I got the ring when we stopped by Kings Court last time. I also told my family what I was going to do.” He smiled and shrugged. “I would have asked your family, and I still should, so I hope your father does not mind.”

He nibbled on a piece of fruit she gave him, nodding as she spoke. There was a lot to be done, people had to travel to visit, a dress had to be made, and a suit. “You would not mind, if I were to wear my armor instead of some fancy suit. I could polish it up and make it look nice.”

He picked up a slice of the sweet bread. “We will be pressed for time. We need to start marching for Pax before the summer ends. I do not want to move the men through snow.” He said in a thoughtful manner. “The Regent wants us to clear out the city and have it ready for others by next spring.” Yin did not know what to think of the Regents orders to him and his knights. “I guess with the demons gone the church wants to remove all the pagans as well.”

He perked up. “Oh, but we will have the full use of the temple, we can have as big a ceremony as we wish, flowers, ribbons, what ever you want. The Regent has offered to foot the bill, he said such a wedding would really raise moral.” He took a bite of the bread, sure she would happy with that news.

Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

It was a good thing that Yin did not see Alexandrya's expression, the smile had fallen into a frown at the mention of her family, her father...mother. "Yin, I do not know where my father is and my mother passed away yahren ago. I have no family, just some friends." She murmured and it was understood she did not wish to talk about it any further.

At the mention of preparations, she giggled, "Of course, you can wear your armor. You do look quite dashing in it. I can even see myself in it sometimes especially if you are going to polish it up." The teasing was back into her voice, her pain about her family still hurt but not something she lingered on. The past is the past...right?

Alazandra reached for some more fruit when he mentioned his plans for Pax. Her eyes widened as she realised what he meant to do by the Regent's orders and looked concerned for Yin but also for the pagans that her fiance mentioned.

She could not believe what she was hearing as she continued to listen to his plans. All those people...why would the Regent do this? Her brow furrowed as she turned about and sat facing him, clearly upset. "Clear the city? Why would...I do not understand that...those people have been through enough and then to be run out of their own homes by force. I cannot, no will not have our union in a place that will more likely be the celebration after bloodshed. These are real people, my love, not demons. Why would Dominicus throw away anyone? Why would a Church and Regent command that you run out or eliminate these people?"

Her hands clenched into fists as she tried to control her emotions, but she looked horrified as tears ran down her cheeks, her body rigid but trembling as if she was cold, "The Regent will pay for our wedding using it to raise moral? Of course, moral will need to be raised, you and your soldiers will push out these people. His money is a bribe...no...Yin, you cannot let this happen." The tears kept falling as she looked pale. She clutched at his arm and looked him in the eyes, her voice lowered, but she trembled with emotion brought about by her conviction. "These people are victims, they do not deserved to be punished for following their own beliefs, my love. No one should. I do not want our children to grow up to live in such a hateful existence."
Yin Lorin
Retired staff

Post by Yin Lorin »

Yin was taken back at the emotion she showed. How did these pagans matter so dearly to her? “But…” was all he could say at first. He did not like to see her crying. “Alex… I thought you would like a big wedding?” His mind was still working on the other things she said, still trying to wraps itself around the reason for her upset.

He was not dumb, but sometimes he just needed time to sort out all the thoughts.
I thought it was a gift, and I thought you wanted to cleanse the land of evil.” He said slowly. “These people, they practice evil. They are the reason the demons got through, they ally themselves with demons, and evil forces.” He tried to explain the way it was explained to him.

“I want peace Alex, peace for our children. We can only have that peace when we are all unified.” He took her hands in his and held them, giving her fingertips a soft kiss. “Don’t you see only when we are all following the One can we be of one heart and one mind. People will not fight because they will all be brothers and sisters.” It seemed simple enough, yet in the depths of his mind, Yin knew even brothers and sisters fought. It was a wonderful dream just the same.

Yin had his doubts, the Regent told him to kill everyone over the age of six. Those under that age could be relocated and put with proper families for education. Yin had never been so ruthless, he had always killed those as bloody as that. “It is messy work, but sometimes you have to burn the field to prepare it for a better harvest.” He was saying this more to explain it to himself then to her. “I will not kill them all, the very young are to be spared, to be brought into the fold.”

He looked down at her hands, and he did not know where his heart lay. “I want to do the right thing Alex. I want to be right, with God and with you. Please, tell me why they are so important?” He looked at her, his green eyes open, and wanting to know. “I tried to live with them, and they never accepted me. I worked side by side with them, building the town and the houses they lived in, and when they learned I was a follower of the One, they all turned on me. Why should a people like that, so ungrateful and so traitorous be allowed to stay in out lands? How could they ever be loyal to the King if he is an Avatar of a God they hate?” He was not looking to argue, but to learn.

“And what of my dreams, and the prophecies? This is my destiny, the reason for my existence.” He rolled up the sleeve showing the mark left by a dream that was ages ago. “What of this, what of all the other things I have seen? I have not heard from the One since then, not as plainly. Am I just to ignore his command?” he sighed and leaned back against the tree. “What am I to do? Disobey? Tell the Regent and the church, and the One for that matter, no?”

Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

A frown appeared on Alexandrya's face as he spoke of the wedding and then switched gears towards how evil the pagans are. "Yin...I...I do want a beautiful wedding with our friends and family but not one that will become a symbol of renewal and happiness after these deeds." She shook her head as she drew in closer to Yin and held his face in her hands to gaze deeply in his eyes. "That is nonsense, my love. How could these people practise evil? Do you not believe if they allied themselves with these demons and evil forces that they would be stronger? Women and children, and the men that they call husband, brother, father...none should die by defending their homes."

His words cut her and one word kept being pulled into her mind, Unification. He kissed her fingertips and felt the warmth from it. "You cannot truly believe that Yin. Brothers and sisters fight, husbands and wives fight. Union under one god is fine, but when you impose your beliefs on another through force you cannot win." Her eyes widened at his words, "Are those your words, your thoughts? To spare the very young so they can be torn from their mothers, their families to be forced to believe in Dominicus?"

She gazed upon Yin solemnly. "They are people, first and foremost. They have been hurt, killed, ravaged by followers of the One, and this is their way to lash back. They are important because I do not want you to lose your humanity. If you go there and kill those people and run them out, they will know you, and your name, do you believe me to be safe? Our children? Someone will be as angry as you were when you were turned on. How are they traitors because they do not believe in Dominicus? According to who...the Regent?" She closed her eyes for a moment to gather her calm, to inhale and exhale. Then she opened her eyes and Yin's were observing her and he would see sadness in hers. "Your reason of existence is to kill anyone that does not believe in the One? Would you kill me then Yin? If it comes to it would you kill me if I turned away from Dominicus?"

"You are commanded by men to kill other people by a man. You test these people to keep your own humanity intact, would you be a tyrant, a puppet or a hero?" She leaned in to kiss Yin's lips softly. "Beloved, it is your decision to make, I know this, but you need to forgive the ones that hated you and not the people that have not even laid eyes upon you. They are scared of you, of the One, so they lash back. You with your army seem unstoppable against a village with pitchforks and torches? How are they plotting evil, farmers, bakers, innkeepers? Everyone is blinded by hatred and forget that we are all people, struggling to survive, to exist. If this is how Dominicus gains followers, I do not wish any part of it. I cannot continue to dwell in hatred and it will taint you as well. Someday, if you continue down this path, you will lose everything and everyone you have ever loved."

"Prophecies and dreams are what you make them into. It is a pathway to your destiny not the reason you exist!" She stated adamantly. Alazandra shook her head. "I am worried for you, Yin." Her voice sounded forlorn and empty. She turned about again and lowered herself to rest against his chest. The achadhiel brought his arms around her body to settle on her stomach. Her own hands resting on his. "I do not want to lose you, but I will fight against this prejudice and hatred. I believe that will be my destiny."
Yin Lorin
Retired staff

Post by Yin Lorin »

The words came as if times, there was a strange feeling, as if suddenly everything became distant. She was still there, but she was far away, her voice, her touch, all of it was as if he was not there, just observing through a memory.

The dream was fading and morning was coming. Yin did not have time to say good by, but her last words, the last sad look she had on her face clung to him.

Fin

Return to “Erulzat Archives”