Espresso Sidethread - Jadmai and Claire (open)

Moderator: Mods

Post by Guest »

"Sure, ma'am. I'll send that right over." Darrin picked up the note and after receiving the tip, headed towards Claire's now busy table. With graceful moments, she placed the note at the head waitress' elbow, and when this action caught Claire's attention, to subtley indicate that the note was from Aerin. Then after he had completed his task, headed off to bus the tables.
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

Post by Raevyn D`Altamooriana »

Raevyn pondered long and hard before answering him. This was probably in part due to his answer, which confirmed her thoughts of where she knew him from. Also it was perhaps a bit of shock as a shocking part of her past now sat in front of her. Her initial response was...

"Interesting." By the gods, he was there. But, were we there together I wonder? Raevyn continued speaking but she would only graze the subject. She wanted to discuss things further with him, but this wasn't the place nor the time to do so.

"Perhaps you will be free later on tonight," Raevyn then said. "We can discuss this further," she then added as she took a bite of her tart. It was surprisingly good, with a bit of a tang to it. "So do you have a name good sir?"
The fiddler fiddled his violin which smelled horribly like fresh afterbirth boiled in cabbage.

© Marta @ www.marta-dahlig.com
Jadmai
Civus

Post by Jadmai »

Jadmai smirked at Raevyn's comment of 'interesting' referring to the Oasis. She had either heard of it, or had been there. Jadmai deduced that normally if she had not heard of it, a question might have come out, but then she could be playing coy, however, with the directness she had showed so far, Jadmai doubted that was in her bag.

"Oh, of course I have a name," he said with a smile, "It's Jadmai Av'Zathrak." He relit his pipe and breathed in the sweet smoke, "And you, my lady, your name?"

Jadmai waited for a response, then continued on, "As for tonight, I've only arrived in the Citadel just marks ago, so my social calendar is quite clear. We can meet at a place of your choosing."
"...war is the last flower on the evil tree."-- Betrand Russel
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

"J'naia," Raevyn answered out of nowhere it seemed. It was the first name that came to mind as she answered Jadmai. It was a small white lie, which the assassin found no wrong in. The truth would come out eventually, it's just at this particular time and moment there was no need for her to be truthful. Something which she was almost certain her native Gulandarian would understand when the time came.

"It is nice to meet you Sir," she then added with a polite little bow of her head. Something she did only when she was either wanting something, or showing respect to someone who was obviously her superior. In this case she didn't consider Jadmai her superior, and she didn't know if she wanted any favor of him yet.

"There is a temple of Pan located close by," Raevyn then said before taking another sip of her green tea. "Perhaps we can meet there, later tonight if you find that to be suitable."
The fiddler fiddled his violin which smelled horribly like fresh afterbirth boiled in cabbage.

Jadmai
Civus

Post by Jadmai »

Temple of Pan? Jadmai thought. The dark adhiel had nothing against Pan, in fact, he owed a lot to him, but it just seemed like an odd place for a meeting. However, this whole thing seemed a bit odd to Jadmai, but that was it, just odd, not dangerous.

"J'naia, a pleasure. Well, you named the place, how about I name the time. Does tradetide work for you? If not, I am free at anytime after I leave here. You can name another time if you would like."

Jadmai again pulled on his pipe, and looked over to J'naia for a response.
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

"I think it would be better that we meet later in the day," Raevyn answered him. Not like she had anything better to do, and there was no other real reason for her not to meet him at trade tide. "Only because I have other engagements that I must see too. I am certain you understand that," she then added.

It wasn't a complete lie on her behalf. Surely there might be something she would be doing, or could be doing. As fate would have it, she would be at Ulder and Elaine's wedding. She just didn't know it yet. Well getting ready to go to it.

Jadmai
Civus

Post by Jadmai »

Jadmai could have swore that he had said that if the time didn't work, then perhaps she should suggest one, one of his pet peeves was having to repeat himself. However, intrigue pushed his irratation out his mind and simply went on.

"Alright," He said with a sigh, "if that time doesn't work for you, how about late gravetide. I'm sorry if that isn't convienent, but you must understand, I've grown accostume to desert life, and it's much to cope with the infernal places if one sleeps during the day. Does that time work for you, and if not, I implore you to name the time. It seems you are the one that has possible conflicts on your calendar and mine is open, so I am up for suggestions."

Jadmai looked away passively and smoked the last bit of his pipe, waiting for an answer.
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

"That will be fine, gravetide it shall be then," she answered before taking another bite of her surprisingly tasty raspberry tart. So good was it, the she even suggested that Jadmai try one of them soon.

Raevyn remembered what it was like in that blast furnace that was the hot desert of Amun Rah. She remembered how the heat seemed to zap the strength right out of you. She remembered the way that the sand seemed to nestle itself in the most irritating of places. She remembered more. Raevyn's stay there must have been considerably shorter his was if he changed his whole sleeping pattern to deal with life in the desert.

"That is a very bad habit for you," Raevyn then said with a half hearted chuckle of Jad's smoking habit. The aroma of the wisps of smoke did smell pretty good but the smoke itself made her cough ever so slightly. It was however much more pleasing to smell than the smell of dead bodies on fire and the smell of people being encapsulated in sand as it transformed into glass.

Jadmai
Civus

Post by Jadmai »

Jadmai shrugged at the mention of his smoking, "I don't have many vices, I think I deserve one at least."

Jadmai refrained from smoking anymore while Raevyn was near by, so he put his pipe away and looked up at the pale face, "Well, until Gravetide then, miss. I shall look forward to meeting again. Until then, you have my best."

Jadmai stood up, preparing to leave, he offered his hand, and waited for Raevyn's farewell before leaving.
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

OOC: Ok I guess that's it for this thread.

IC:

"I will see you then Jadmai," she said as she took his hand and stood up. Her little meal was surprisingly enjoyable and Raevyn was satisfied. She reached into her purse and took out a few coins to pay for it.

"Please do not keep me waiting long, it is not safe for a lady to be out late at night I hear."
Last edited by Raevyn D`Altamooriana on Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Archived with no skills awarded.
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Return to “Inner City Archive”