Getting Reaquainted Chyril 22 GT (Rae and Jad)

Moderator: Mods

Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

Getting Reaquainted Chyril 22 GT (Rae and Jad)

Post by Raevyn D`Altamooriana »

The choice of meeting Jadmai outside of Pan's temple was one that was made more out of spontaneous thought than any actual planning done by Raevyn. Had she given it any thought she probably would've chosen to meet him outside of the temple of the Mother where she herself was staying until she found better accommodations. However it seemed that this would work out better in case the meeting between the two dark adhiel's didn't go as smoothly as Raevyn would like it to.

A smirk parted her lips as she approached the temple of the Prankster, as she liked to refer to him as. Pan oh Pan, it has been awhile hasn't it old friend, she thought to herself as she she stopped short of the temple itself. Lord of lust, and mischief. How many still follow you I wonder after your disgrace in the desert? Her eyes went from the white marble to the vines that decorated them. She cleared her throat and spit on the ground before stepping forward once more.

Stepping beyond the redwood doors that lead inside the temple was something that the assassin felt would be rather unnecessary. Besides the last thing Raevyn wanted to do was be bothered by a bunch of annoying Panling's. Her presence her alone would surely cause quite a stir on it's own accord. Despite the darkness of the night she decided to pull the hood of her cloak over her dark face.

Raevyn was of course well armed in case danger arose. She didn't have her crossbow or her short bow, but her daggers were easily accessible in their sheathes just in case she would need to use them. After all, Jadmai was a dark adhiel just like she was. Her weapons, or added insurance, comforted her as she stood there awaiting his arrival. She imagined the look of shock on his face when he saw her, Raevyn, the dark adhiel assassin, instead of J'naia, polite and mild mannered, as she claimed to be a few marks earlier.

Now this, will be interesting.
Last edited by Raevyn D`Altamooriana on Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
The fiddler fiddled his violin which smelled horribly like fresh afterbirth boiled in cabbage.

© Marta @ www.marta-dahlig.com
Jadmai
Civus

Post by Jadmai »

Jadmai would of course arrive early to this meeting. A dainty polite adhiel wanting ot meet at gravetide, with what many percieve to be a ghastly race smelled of something rotten.

He would place himself at an adjacent corner, just enough to see the front of the temple. He was far from hiding, he was leaning against a building giving away the tell-tale sign to his friend-in-wait of smoke emaniating from his pipe.

The dark adhiel arrived a mark early, hood drawn, in his normal dress--well mostly, he had on his silver-colored tunic, and black britches, but he was wearing his armor. A few months ago, Jadmai, wearing armor was part of his causal dress, however now that he had started to be part of more political circles that habit had stopped. Still, the armor felt good on him, he felt secure.

The meeting time drew near, and Jadmai noticed a cloaked figure standing outside the temple, a female figure, but she didn't enter. Jadmai deduced that was his company, and with a soft sigh, he tapped his pipe out on his foot. For a moment, he ran a finger over one of his highly adorned daggers, soothing and steeling himself. He then made his way to start this meeting.

Walking causually up the temple he looked over the great building, he shrugged at the idea of meeting here, but gave it no other thought.

Jadmai stopped about ten paces short of Raevyn, though showed no sign of readiness or tension. He looked up at the building again, and then back down on her.

"The god of trickery." He said, "You're not here to cause mischief, are you?" Jadmai paused for a bit, then nodded at Raevyn, and said in the ahdiel tounge, "Greetings, cousin."
"...war is the last flower on the evil tree."-- Betrand Russel
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

"Greetings to you as well cousin," the former Guardswoman answered to her guest also in her native tongue. It was refreshing to speak it as opposed to trying to make sure she said the right things in the more popular human dialect. Her face still well hidden in the darkness of her cloak she turned to face Jadmai.

"Trickery," she then answered rhetorically to the question he had just asked her. "That would depend on your definition of the word." She paused briefly before continuing on. "I find this setting to be appropriate myself. Here at Pan's temple, under the veil of darkness that the mother provides us with."

Raevyn's words were meticulous and deliberate as she spoke to her dark adhiel companion. Spoken that each word would deliver the effect that she wanted them to. Where others would fear speaking with a dark adhiel in a setting like this, Raevyn knew none. A point that was evident by her turning away from him as she took a step away from him.

"Let us walk while we talk shall we Jadmai," Raevyn then said. Foolish as it was to turn one's back to one such as he, Raevyn was confident enough in herself as to not worry. "It is a lovely night, and I am certain we have many things to discuss."
The fiddler fiddled his violin which smelled horribly like fresh afterbirth boiled in cabbage.

Jadmai
Civus

Post by Jadmai »

Jadmai walked along side Raevyn in slow measured steps, his hands behind his back, veiled face looking down at the stone as they walked and he listened.

"The veil of darkness," he said quoting Raevyn, "I do not see why that is needed. We have already met in plain day. It's why I speak of trickery. Two sides to every crown, milady, I am certain I am seeing your other side now." Jadmai paused for a moment, obviously in thought, then contiuned, "And why is this place more prudent than any other? I have few ties to this god, and none to temple itself."

The dark adheil came to a slow stop, "I think the plesantries are out of the way. We've both been cordial. Now, how about you tell me why you've requested this gravetide meeting?"
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

Raevyn listened intently as Jadmai spoke while the two walked along a random pathway within earshot of Pan's temple. She remained silent, not wanting to reveal any intent or emotion to him. Suddenly she stopped and turned to face him. She peered at him through her hood of her cloak.

"Jadmai," she then said. The assassin's mind when back to the blast furnace that was the desert wasteland of Amun Rah. Such a long time ago, yet the memories remained etched, possibly forever, in her mind. "What became of you after that?" Raevyn paused momentarily but didn't wait for him to answer before she went on.

Raevyn went on about what happened after she asked him to follow her more. There was no real direction that she was going. She just let her feet guide her to wherever they saw fit. The assassin then went on to tell him some of the things that she had went though after those fateful days in the desert.

She told him of her rise to power within the Emerald Guard and of the happenings in Taquar. As wanton as her feet were, so were her words. Rambling from one topic to another with no real direction. She wasn't babbling as everything she said she said in that same calm manner that she had been speaking.

"I know you Jadmai, but I don't know you. You know me as well," she then said to him. "I do have many faces and many guises this is true," Raevyn went on to say. "You speak of trickery Jadmai. You question why I have requested this meeting here tonight. Everything in life, has a purpose. It has reason."

Raevyn paused as her hand began to rise up to the hood that kept most of her face partially concealed. "J'naia was who I wanted you to see at the Simple Pleasures, you and everyone else that was there. Yet I think it is time for me to refresh your memory Jadmai of who I really am. I find it fitting that here, at Pan's Temple, that you see... the truth."

With that said Raevyn pulled back her hood and let it rest gently on her shoulders. She then let her hair lose so that it could hang freely down her shoulders. "Now. Now do you remember?"

Jadmai
Civus

Post by Jadmai »

The male dark adhiel padded along softly listening to the torrent of words come from Raevyn. The girl was spilling her soul, and Jadmai couldn't figure out why. Mentally he noted things of importance.

Emerald guard. Many guises. Rising in ranks. Ex-military now...probably some sort of spy, sword for hire.

These facts did not comfort Jadmai at all, nor did it jar him, he just put one foot in front of the other, and listened to the words spill out. Then she stopped, and lowered her hood. His supsicions of her being a dark adhiel in disguise were true, but he did not think he would recognize the face, but he did.

He stood in place for a moment, then simply nodded, "Raevyn," He said in greeting, as if it was a normal thing to pass her on the street. "and, yes, I do remember you. You were the military leader of the Oasis." He said finishing.

Starting to walk again, he shrugged at the question about what happened to him after Amun Rah, or more accurately after the bloodbath that took place.

"You didn't give me time to answer your question, Raevyn." Jadmai pursed his lips in thought for a moment on how to answer the question, without any real logic, he just started talking. "There were so many...during the first wave I just kept slashing at bodies that were flying past me. Then, the battle settled in, and soliders started to form up around me. I fended for myself, using two daggers to screen away those who surrounded me. Soon, after that, he showed up, Ionis--the Rafao. He watched me fight, and he was both intrigued and impressed. He gave me an option to become a captive or die. Relucantly, that's not really a choice, so I became his captive, but I was sent to dungeon as I thought I would have. I was treated as a guest, given a palace room--I was still guarded, lets not fool ourselves, but I wasn't a true prisioner." Jadmai took out his pipe and began to load it, he talked as he did so, "He was...studying me. The enemy. Ionis would call me to his chambers late at night, and engage me in conversations of the duty of a person. What it takes to be a leader--all facets of being in power, and yet still being a person at heart."

Jadmai stoked his pipe lit, and exhaled out his nose, "I befriended him. And soon, the guards went away, and soon after instead of asking me questions that were more philosophical or rhetorical, the questions became matters of state. He eventually entrusted me with an ambassadorship to Terra Incognita--a hellish post."

He sighed, "I was kept alive on one condition, and I can't even tell you it, or else I would be no use. But I will tell you, if you were, you would have had the same condition for your life."

A long draw on his pipe and through the smoke Jadmai turned the topic back onto Raevyn, "So that's your answer. But what's the purpose--you say everything has a purpose, then why are we here. What drove you to want to have a rendevous with me? What's the point of this?"[/i]
Last edited by Jadmai on Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

Raevyn was satisfied with telling him all that she wanted him to know. It was unusual for her to reveal anything about herself to anyone. This wasn't just anyone though, this was Jadmai, someone whom Raevyn felt that she could trust to an extent. There were things that Raevyn felt he didn't need to know, such as exactly how far she had rose in the Guard. Nor did she tell him about her new faith in Anasati and the blessings that Raevyn believed that she had received from her.

The female dark adhiel also didn't tell him of her plans to rise up in the ranks of the church. She would keep him on a need to know basis. Which basically meant she would only tell him what she thought he needed to know regardless of whether or not he actually needed to know.

"That is a nasty habit," she answered with a slight bit of humor on Jadmai's smoking habit. Smoking didn't really bother her in the least, it was just something she never developed a liking for. That was as far as the silly chat went. He asked her a question and now it was time to get serious.

"Why are you here Jadmai? What brings you to The Citadel? Surely you have something to gain by being here outside of service for this Rafao of yours," she said still in a calm and collected manner.

She remained calm despite the anger that would consume her if she were to allow it to do so. He had worked for the Rafao. The same people that had attacked them in the deserts of Amun Rah. In Raevyn's eyes he had betrayed his own people. How dare he let himself be captured and turned into a servant to the one who killed so many their kind? Of course Raevyn would have probably done the same exact thing had it happened to her, but it didn't. Therefore that was for the most part unacceptable to her.

Yet Jadmai could still be of use to the female assassin she assumed. Which is probably a good reason why she didn't try to kill him where he stood. Killing him probably wouldn't be a problem for her she imagined. Yet she did remember the nice weaponry he had displayed earlier in the day. That could mean that he was better with them then she had originally given the adhiel credit for. It was enough to at least decide that killing him now, wouldn't be in her best interests.

Jadmai
Civus

Post by Jadmai »

"Why am I here? You ever been to Terra Ingonita? Not exactly the kind of place a person wants to spend a lot time in, especially those whose eyes feel like daggers are stabbing them when the sun is out." Jadmai continued smoking, despite Raevyn's remarks, "I'm here of my own accord. I have an idea for a business venture, something I am going to toss around with a man named Ulder."

Rubbing his hand over his face, he sighed, "I'm still slightly in the service of Ionis. However, his secret, my condition for my life, it works both ways now. I have leverage on him now too; a king. He's asset, that's all. After I get what I need from him, I hope to pursue political efforts I actually care about."

Not much information, but she didn't ask for details, so Jadmai just shrugged, "And you, Raevyn, why are you here exactly? I mean, I am here because out of my own wants, but I still have duties, but what about you?"
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

What a small world it seemed to be when Jadmai mentioned Ulder's name. Honestly that caught the young adhiel quite off guard. It was mind boggling and Raevyn didn't want to let him know that he had taken her by complete surprise.

"A man named Ulder," she echoed. "That should not be too difficult considering I have not heard of many people go by that name in my nineteen years." Truth be told she had attended Ulder's wedding not too long ago. Not only that, she had arranged to have dinner with him and his new wife Elaine. Of course this was information that she wasn't willing to give up just yet.

The business venture however was something that she was interested in knowing about. If there was one thing that Raevyn liked it was making money. She had become accustomed to the life that having enough of it afforded her. She had made a wise investment in her past and manipulated her way to a handsome payment for her services leading a caravan to safety.

Politics on the other hand wasn't Raevyn's cup of tea. had that been the case she would probably be an ambassador herself this very moment. However if Jadmai were to become a politician it sure would come in handy to be in his good graces. After all every devil needs an angel.

When he asked her why she was here her entire demeanor changed. She had come to The Citadel for nothing more really than a change of scenery. The war was over and Aveas wasn't much to her liking, and Gulanadur wasn't where she envisioned herself going for quite some time.

"Fate," was her answer as vague as it seemed. "Fate brought me here and that is the best answer that I can give you. There's no real reason for me to be here other than I chose to be here. Perhaps it could be considered a vacation of sorts."

Jadmai
Civus

Post by Jadmai »

Jadmai stopped for one last time as now he prepared himself to get done to business, "Raevyn, I must admit to you that I am not a ardent believer in fate, however, the more we speak, the more merit I must give what you call fate."

First the dark adhiel addressed the matter of Ulder, "Ah, so you have heard the name as well--sounds like perhaps more. A reputable man, near-legendary with a blade, well-loved by the citizens of the Citadel if I have gotten my facts straight so far. The perfect being for my business venture."

Jadmai cast a glance at Raevny again, inhaling some of his bittersweet smoke and exhaling out of the side of his mouth away from the female dark adhiel, "And, you, former Emerald Guard of T'aquar, picked by divinely in The Oasis to lead the fighting forces. Those are the qualifications are what I need for my business venture. If you care to hear me out?"

Jadmai paused for a beat, but went on without a response, "A weapons emporium, and possibly an arena for comepetition for what our students learn. Better, yet, with yours and Ulder's reputation, I hope to draw from an internationle body of fighters coming to get the best training around. Then compete against others to see how honed their battle skills are. I am sure we would fill the seats with those that would come to cheer there own country men on, and those just out to see a good--it all being practice swords and all."

Jadmai explained his business venture, and paused for a drag, and then decided to leave a hook hanging, "Of course, boundless other oppurtunties will spring from this, private lessons...side buisness, etc."
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

Raevyn was never one to be philosophical, and debating over a word such as fate, was something that she could care less about. She chose to call it fate, other could call it whatever they wanted.

Again Jadmai had alluded to Ulder. They manner in which he worded it made the assassin think he was trying to perhaps get her to slip up and admit that she in fact did know the very same Ulder in which he was speaking. She would have no parts of it. Raevyn would remain forever vague about knowledge of him until it proved beneficial for her to do otherwise.

"I've heard of the name," was her initial response, "a long time ago for that matter. That was all that she said regarding the topic of her, dare she call it, friend, Ulderon Synkaaros. A friend in which she was happy to say, had made quite a name for himself. More importantly, he was quite a formidable ally to have.

His flattering of her was cute to say the least. Well she considered it to be flattery even if that wasn't necessarily the case. For that Raevyn felt as if she could oblige him in some manner or other.

"Perhaps I could be," she replied. Her voice a bit more lighter and seeming to posses a bit of life. Raevyn listened as the male dark adhiel went on about his venture. To be honest it intrigued Raevyn. In fact it was rather captivating. The more he went on, the more her interest continued to grow, and the more she saw coronet signs in her mind.

It didn't Raevyn long to answer Jadmai when he asked if she would care to hear him out. "Of course I would like to hear you out. I would also like to know what part I would play in this grand scheme of yours."

Jadmai
Civus

Post by Jadmai »

Jadmai didn't consider himself stating the facts about Raevyn as flattery, to be honest, that wasn't one of his strong points. However, he was more than happy to point out accomplishments of others that were worthy of repsect. It was all true, Raevyn had made a name for herself, at least in this beings eyes'. She was a suitable canidate, and that was all Jadmai had really said. It was plain to see it both dark adhiels minds, that flattery would get no where on either of them...doesn't mean they wouldn't listen--at least Jadmai might.

"Your role? Well, you can expand as you see fit, once the operation takes off the ground, but inititally, we would all be simple instructors. I trust the gods, that if they say you fit to make you protector of us in the Oasis, then you must have skill in weaponry that could be offered. I see the initial core of the whole affair as being group and higher fair indivudal lessons.

"I've heard tales of some...madman on the loose, and those even more mad to go and chase after to him--at least those without skill. That fear might profit us, there will be those looking for ways to protect themselves, and those looking for ways to track him down. It's obvious that whatever factions of guards the Citadel employs haven't been able to subdue this fellow."

Jadmai tapped out his pipe on his foot, "So, initially, I offer you a third of ownership--provided I get the cooperation of Ulder, third of profits, and whatever money you can make with private lessons and etc."

He quirked an eyebrow at her, "To be quite honest, I far from expected you to be.here, and I never figured you into these plans. But it's a pleasant surprise--truly the only kind I like. But, it's all the reason we would need this Ulder person. The Citadel being a melting pot, our ilk, still hasn't reached anything near acceptance. Even with enough money behind us, we would probably have the stigma of trying to start an assassin's guild here, and that wouldn't take. It will be a tough sell even with someone reptuable, as I am hoping to draw goverment support to help provide capital."
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

The thought of being an instructor was something that Raevyn couldn't truly see herself being. This was in part due to her having almost no patience with those that she considered to be incompetent. There had been many times in the past where Raevyn had threatened to kill members of her own forces, whether it be fellow Guard members, or those under her command, for failing to live up to her standards.

As her counterpart went on to further explain his plan to her, Raevyn couldn't help but to find herself enamored by the concept of it. This combined with her own plans of not only usurping power for herself in the Mother's temple, the Anasati sect naturally, and putting herself in a position of power in the public's eye, was tantalizing. The embassy of Gulanadur was also something that Raevyn had enterained the thoughts of being head of. This however was some time down the line. Had this been the act of sex, Raevyn would be wrapped in a dripping wet orgasm.

"The Seaside Slayer you mean," Raevyn questioned about this madman that Jadmai spoke of. " I believe that I heard rumor of him this morning at breakfast." Fact of the matter was that Raevyn could care less about whoever this person was. In fact he would provide rather useful for the young assassin. With the killings that would surely come in practice of her religion, having all eyes looking elsewhere would be quite convenient.

"Third ownership?" That was music to the greedy little adhiel's ears. Plus third of the profits was a nice touch. Raevyn had already found ways to make money of course, but this would be a hell of a lot easier she thought. Perhaps it would be safer too.

This dinner that Raevyn had initially planned with Ulder now seemed to be a blessing in diguise. It was quite the irony the young adhiel thought. Being seen with him in the public would no doubt benefit this budding enterprise. Raevyn was almost ready to admit to Jadmai that she knew Ulder personally. Besides her previously stated credentials that Jadmai had spoken of, it was another bargaining chip that she had it her favor.

Jadmai
Civus

Post by Jadmai »

Jadmai could skim from the fact that Raevyn hadn't already dismissed his business venture, that she must be at least somewhat tantalized. If he remembered correctly the young adhiel didn't feign interest in anything, that she didn't find inviting.

"Yes, a full third. This way all owners would have an equal share in the partnership, equal voting rights. Yes, the idea of a third does eliminate a lot of potential confilict."

"You said you have heard the name, Ulder. Yet, don't have a claim on where or when, I have to admit that makes my nose twitch a little, but I will let it rest, if you don't wish to speak of it."

Jadmai removing his cloak's hood, and running his hands through his hair sighed, "So, what do you think of it, Raevyn? On a preliminary basis, are you interested?"
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

One thing about Raevyn. Some would consider it a good thing, while other's could see it as a possible fault. When she made up her mind to do something, there was no going back. She would almost never give more than a flickers thought about anything before lunging full speed ahead into it. Once she got started, there could be no stopping her.

That held true now. As soon as Jadmai asked of her interested her answer was a resounding, "Yes." To Raevyn it seemed like a win win situation no matter how you looked at it. "It does seem like a great plan that you have come up with." It was a surprise to her that he even came up with it. Not saying that the man was stupid however, it's just that Raevyn never figured him to turn out to be one with such a mind for business. He had come a long way since the last time the two were in each other's company. In more ways than one it seemed as well.

Now came her turn for questioning him. If this were to work there would have to be a solid foundation in order for it to work. Raevyn was gifted with the ability to think fast, which was probably what made her appear to be so impulsive.

"Have you thought of where this academy will be located," she started out with. "Not in general mind you, but an actual building. How will we be able to lure people in? How much money will you lose before you start to make it back in profit?" There were other questions as well. Questions which she wanted to know the answer to before she decided on telling Jadmai about her knowing Ulder. She wouldn't tell him when she was meeting him however, but she would tell him that she intended to. That of course depended on how he answered her questions."

Jadmai
Civus

Post by Jadmai »

"To be frank, some of the fiances are still up in the air." Jadmai replied, but then raised a finger, "But, that's where I hope to pull the Ceasar in. I was thinking we need more land than a building right now, it's spring, we can be outdoors for quite sometime, and if the school gets big enough, it might need to remain outside. I was hoping some sort of trade could be in order; specialized training for the Citadel forces, on their land, in exchange to use it for our private ventures. Say, this business worked more like a guild, then any city guard, or whatever guard replaced the Purple Guard would have free access. That needs to be worked out though, free grounds in exchange for training, and some coin/. Or even trade? Difficult to predict business proposition results. Point being, if the the Citadel provides the land or area, then our expenses are minimal. Profits should come fairly quickly."

Jadmai rubbed his chin, "Now, if we still needed to buy the land, then an initial hit would be taken, but with a goverment contract, or the new Imperial guard getting a chance to be trained by Ulder is enough to bring the troops in then money would come back in steadily."

"If, of course, there is no goverment help, then investors would be needed--I think. I don't know how much a large plot of land costs around here."

The dark adhiel shrugged, "If anything the Citadel is a service based isle, if we have a quality service, people will want it. We'll be in the service of making heroes, or at least those hoping to be, and everyone wants their 15 burns of heroism."
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

Jadmai's plan was solid sounding enough. there were still some details that needed some hammering out, but for the most part it seemed ok. Raevyn figured that with Jad's ties to the Rafao should be enough to for him to at least speak with the Caesar. It might even be enough to persuade him to go forth with what the adhiel plans to do.

It seemed as if a lot of this hinged on whether Ulder would lend his hand, and name of course. That combined with what renown she has, mostly among the adhiel naturally, as well as Jadmai with his title could lend serious credibility to their effort.

This was of course if Ulder would agree to such an opportunity. He would of course need to be kept in the dark about some things. Like Raevyn's less than noble endeavors for example. He would surely frown upon anything that he deemed underhanded or unjust, or just flat out illegal.

The assassin wouldn't want anything to dirty his good name either. Which is why the less he knew about what she was doing, or intended to do, the better off he would be.

"Very well then Jadmai," Raevyn started as she turned to face him. "I will speak with Ulder over dinner one night in the near future regarding this. He is a friend, though we have not seen much of each other recently. I might be able to convince him to join us."

Jadmai
Civus

Post by Jadmai »

Jadmai smirked a little as Raevyn let it finally be known that she did in fact know Ulder. Friends from long ago it sounded like, but at least it was another avenue to the man.

"That sounds like a good plan. Ulder already knows my intentions, I had a third party let it be known I was interested in his services during his wedding. I just hope that she came through. Time will tell."

"When you see him, give him my best and my congratulations on his marriage, and if you could include my eagerness to meet him. That would be much appreicated, cousin."
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

"I am to have dinner with him one day soon," Raevyn replied to Jadmai. Her secret was revealed and she went on. "It is with him and his new wife Elaine." She almost slipped and referred to Elaine as a halfbreed. Yet she caught herself before that was the case. She wouldn't want Ulder to know about her general disliking of their kind.

"I will not bring this up then though mind you. This is a festive evening that I have planned for them, and I will not mix business with pleasure, I am sure you would agree," the female adhiel then added.

A smile formed on her lips. A sight that not many would ever be witness to because Raevyn hardly ever smiled. It was dawning in her that she was now a business partner with someone. Something which she didn't foresee happening. It was exciting for the young adhiel. It was new and something she hadn't done before.

With the business end of their conversation apparently done, Raevyn found herself without much to say. She looked at Jad and simply asked him, "Now what?"

Jadmai
Civus

Post by Jadmai »

"I agree," Jadmai said reguarding not bringing up business at the dinner, "but if that man doesn't stop celebrating soon, there will be no time to talk to him." He said light-heartedly.

The male dark adhiel gavea a sidelong glance to Raevyn, who was smiling, and quickly quipped, "What are you smiling at?"

He let it drop without a repsonse, as it was a mere jest. But, he did consider the next question, "Shit, if I know what's next, Raevyn. You invited me here, snd so far, I've done most of the talking. Unless there is something on your mind, I don't think I have much to add to the converstaion."
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

The enigmatic little dark adhiel, who was usually never one to be at a loss for words found herself in the unusual position of not really knowing what to say. Her whole point of this meeting with Jadmai was to find out where she knew him from. She didn't really plan on anything beyond that.

Normally when woman asked to meet a man somewhere in the late marks of the evening it was for something romantic, intimate, or even down right dirty. This wasn't the case here though. Sex with him or anyone else for that matter was perhaps thee furthest thing from her mind.

"My curiosity is soothed," she finally found herself saying. "When I saw you this morning. I knew I knew you from somewhere, I just could not figure out where. Logic told me that I knew you from the Oasis and you have proven that."

Then Raevyn got philosophical. "Our paths are once again intertwined Jadmai. For what purpose I do not know, nor do I intend on trying to figure out. Like I said earlier, whether you chose to believe in it or not, fate has brought us here, to this very moment in time." Raevyn paused briefly to collect some semblance of thought. "How else can you explain the fact that I have ran into two people that I have not seen in a long time in one day? Why here? In the Citadel, so far from home for the two of us? If it is not fate Jadmai what else could you call it? Destiny?"

Jadmai
Civus

Post by Jadmai »

"You can call it what you like, I'm not a big believer in fate or destiny, perhaps luck or chance. Coincidence, would be what I would favor. It's a big isle. Perhaps if anything else turns up from our paths crossing I will put more stock into this unseen force of fate, but not as of yet."

Jadmai tightened his cloak around him, the spring air was stark contrast to what he had been dealing with for the past three months.

"So, where did you come from before this? Where were you before the Citadel?
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

"I was in Pan's Isle, or what used to be Pan's Isle," Raevyn responded. "The place is called Aveas now. I was there for the war, fighting against the Oneist's. I guess you could say that I have a bit of a grudge against the god of the humans, and his followers."

"That is also where I came to follower the Mother," Raevyn then added. "Anasati lead me home, to Fort Dusk and the rest of our kind. Without her I would have been lost I believe."

The assassin glanced about the couple's surroundings. She wanted to make sure that there was no one following them or trying to listen in to their conversation.

"Just as I believe," the assassin added, "that she has brought the two of us together this gravetide."

Jadmai
Civus

Post by Jadmai »

Jadmai nodded to Raevyn's words as she spoke of her orgins before the her time in the Citadel, "I repsect your bravery, and admire your service against such strong foes. It's been one of my biggest regrets that I was no where near the fighting. It's where I should have been." Jadmai looked away from Raevyn, almost with an element of shame.

"However, no avenues were offered through the empire to fight. I believe the Empire should have done something--any isle should have done something."
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Archived with no skills awarded.
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Return to “Inner City Archive”