Evening Enterprise [Chyril 22nd]

Moderators: Vanadius, Mods

Turi
Special Branch

Post by Turi »

There was no resistance from the bouncers, allowing Dirty Bill and his men to surround and enter the drinking hole with a minimum of fuss. "We're not about to hide a murderer, Bill. We don't need no trouble here. Just get her and get out," came the word from Shrubin. The rest of the taproom remained still and silent.

The only staircase leading up to the second floor of the Seamonster was a rickety wooden affair that lay on the inside of the building. Fifty pairs of eyes watched as Reim re-entered the bar to find it. Fifty pairs of eyes watched as he crossed the floor and ascended them. Without a doubt, those fifty pairs of eyes would also remember his face, the hand over his knife, and the consequences of his actions that evening - but on the bright side, no-one raised a hand to stop him.

Upstairs

Just as the achadiel hit the top step an ear-splitting shriek cut through the air, followed by the sound of a door slamming shut. Next, a barefoot, scantily-clad doxy came barrelling down the hallway, barely slowing just before she tumbled right into Reim's arms.

"She's in there! I've locked her in! That crazy cow just came right through the window!" she gasped, clinging tightly to the young man, staring up at him with wide and panicked eyes. Her skin was flushed and she smelled of sweat and fear. "My man tried to stop her but she knocked him out!"

Blam! Blam! Blam!

One of the doors at the end of the hallway rattled on its hinges. It sounded as though someone was hitting it with a very large and heavy object.

"BITCH!" came another screech, this time of hysterical feminine outrage. "I'll get you for this! Somebody stop her! She’s setting me up! She took my CLOTHES!"

Downstairs

At the sound of the voices, a most of Jubal’s men began to snicker. A couple of the patrons joined in despite the heavy tension that hung in the air. One man who wasn’t laughing was Nestor Granger. His chair scraped loudly against the floor as he stood up, his face suddenly white and strained.

“L-Leah,” the portly man stammered as all eyes turned to face him. “Bill, that’s my little girl up there. Get her out of here.”

The barrel-chested gangster that he addressed had to be one of the most unhygienic charactersBernice had ever laid eyes on. If she had heard of him before, it was immediately clear to the young woman why the third most infamous resident of Water Street was known across the city of Dort as Dirty Bill.

“Is that right?” Dirty Bill’s eyes narrowed. This unexpected show of paternal protectiveness didn’t seem to affect him in the least. “Sit down Granger. Lads, make sure he stays put.”

“Bill-“ Nestor began to protest before two gang members slammed him violently back down in his seat.

“Not another word from you Granger. And shut up the rest of you as well.”

“Hey Bill, you want more of us up there with the new guy?” volunteered another of the Water Street men.

Bill thought about it for a moment. “Nah. We’ve got her now and she knows it. We can sort out who’s who soon enough but I’m… curious about this Reim fellow. Let’s see how he handles himself. Stay put for now. If he gets in trouble we can step in.”

OOC: This thread is now impassable for Reim.
[size=75][i][b]"If it were clear in my mind, I should have no incentive or need to write about it. We do not write in order to be understood; we write in order to understand." -C. Day-Lewis[/b][/i]

Avatar by enayla at allavatars.com[/size]
Bernice Potts
Civus

Post by Bernice Potts »

Bernice knew she was outnumbered... too outnumbered. She had no idea how big the gangs were, and they were in full mother-loving force tonight. If at any moment she had doubts about joining the guard, they were blown to hell by this crap. 'His' face was grim at the entire episode as he looked to Shrubin.

"Outta one funeral inta another... what's the heaviest shit that ye got mate? I mean knock a Dwarf and 'is ancestors off 'is arse shit. Good shit, and the entire bottle o' it."

'He' looked at Granger, wanting to play hero, but there was hero and there was suicide. 'He' looked to Precious with a depressed gaze, but tried to form a smile.

"Lost my appetite fer goose, dear. But keep the coin... ye made me smile today."
Reim Ceoruth
Civus

Post by Reim Ceoruth »

Things were moving too fast for Reims liking. The pace at which the events were happening didn’t allow him time to think or analyse, they only allowed him time to act, “There’s no time…which one? Which one?!!” Reims usually regal, shocking blue eyes showed hints of confusion, “Which one?!” He looked back and forth between the girl and door which was slowly being broken down, “Pantheon!! Help me!!!” He looked down at the girl who currently clutching his arms,

“It was you…you put the bolt in Jubal…who're you working for?” he said with a menacing quietness.

An icy coolness replaced the confusion in his eyes and seemed to roll off his tongue, “Hopefully I can act my way to the truth…” He began to push her back towards the door to see exactly what her reaction would be; he braced himself for any sort of attack for he knew that if she was that desperate to escape she would use any skills at her disposal to escape.
Must be the pharisee in tune with his soul....
Group E
Adanedhel
Moderator & Coordinator Triangle Islands

Post by Adanedhel »

ooc: hey Bernice, Reim. I'm taking over this thread from this point on. Have a nice time.

Bernice

Precious smiled and winked at Bern. "Sure thing, luv. If you ever need some... entertainment or someone to accompany you, I'm sure we can discuss a price for it. Hope to be seeing you around here more often." she said, her face grim.

The waitress then hurried over to the bar, which was the safest place at this moment.

Reim

The woman in Reim's arms blew out her last air after she said "Oh, my saviour..." and put her arms around her neck. She went limp, but Reim could still feel her chest moving up and down slowly.

A baritone voice started shouting "Who're ye? Wha're ye do-"

CLUNK!

It was clear that some hollow metal object had just hit the man as he stopped talking in the middle of his words. The door rattled once more and the woman behind it fumed "I'll get ye fer this! No one locks Misty behind her own doors! Get me back my clothing!".

Suddenly, all went quiet behind the door.

Downstairs

Nestor and Bill exchanged looks. Both seemed to know what the other meant, as Bill bellowed "Lad, ye done wi' the lady?! Bring 'er down! NOW!". The leader then nodded to the guards holding Nestor down.

"Granger, don' go up, I warn ye. If it's not Leah, we'll take'r out. Jus' you nod." he hissed to the silk wearing man.

Nestor, understanding his position in this one, reseated so he could see who would come down the stairs. His eyes downcast, his lips moving and his hands folded. Anyone could see the man was clearly praying at this very instant.
Something wicked your way comes...

Posting rate: 2/week

Special:
[b]OOECP[/b] - [i]Grant[/i]ed by Maeve & Sosa
Bernice Potts
Civus

Post by Bernice Potts »

Bernice laid low, waiting for her drink. Keeping her mouth shut at this moment was the best thing while waiting the events to unfold. With a sigh, 'he' rested his head on his arm in a mope.

((Assume Bernice is going to stay out of this one for the rest of the event))
Reim Ceoruth
Civus

Post by Reim Ceoruth »

As the woman feinted in Reims arms he laid her down gently, “Bill, keep the stairs blocked off!!”. Reim crept towards the door and readied himself to enter the room, “She’s probably waiting on the other side….” Reim pushed the door open whilst keeping himself pressed against the wall, “Let’s see you try and get away now…”
Group E
Adanedhel

Post by Adanedhel »

Downstairs

All patron's as well as the employees of the Scandalous Seamonster looked at the stair, waiting for what would be coming down. Nestor seemed to get more nervous by the flicker and fidgeted with a ring, while Dirty Bill commanded two of his gang to unsheathe their weapons and wait for Reim and the woman.

In the meantime, Precious came back with the drink and, leaning far over the table wiping it clean before putting the drink down, she looked at Bern's and smiled. "Here's your drink, sir. I hope you enjoy it."

Reim

As Reim neared the door, he heard some shuffling before all went quiet behind the door again. All eyes were focused on him and him alone, while a few of the other doors opened and both men and women put their heads out to take a peek.

As Reim pushed the door, it didn't swing open. The girl did however say something about locking the woman in.

Special:
Reim Ceoruth
Civus

Post by Reim Ceoruth »

OOC: Sorry, my post is really short. I can't really think of anything to write at the moment :oops:

Reim went back to search the woman for a key of some sort, “She has to have on her…” He wasn’t sure if she did but he had a feeling that the assassin was still in the room, looking for someway out, “Hopefully Bill’s ready at the bottom of the stairs…”
Group E
Adanedhel

Post by Adanedhel »

Soon enough, Reim had found the key. It lay beneath her, probably fallen out of her hand as she fainted.

From downstairs came the voice of Dirty Bill once more. "Oi! Lad? What's happening? Didn't ye hear me? Want me to come up myself? I warn ye, do NOT make me wait when I tell you to come down!" the leader of the gang fumed from down the stairs.

Still there was no noise coming from behind the door. There was just a faint murmur and feet shuffling towards the door, knocking ever so faintly. "Anyone there?" a frightened young man's voice asked.

Special:
Bernice Potts
Civus

Post by Bernice Potts »

"Thank ye..."

Bernice smiled back, still watching the events unfold with a somber expression. She felt damn helpless as she took her first sip of the drink. Getting the buzz without getting flattened was one way she was going to get out of here in one piece. If there was any question about joining the guard now, it was blown to bits. This was bull... absolute bull.

"Ow much do I owe ye?"
Reim Ceoruth
Civus

Post by Reim Ceoruth »

Reim grabbed the key and shoved it into one of his pockets; he edged closer to the door and spoke man inside, “Are you alright? What’s going on in there?” He knew Bill was getting annoyed with all the waiting but he didn’t want to miss his chance to gather some more information, he’d already shouted down to Bill to keep the stairs blocked off just in case the unconscious lady decided to make a break for it after all he still wasn’t sure if the assassin was in the room or if it was the woman.

Reim waited for awhile so he had enough time to hear anything the man had to say, “I best not keep Bill waiting…” He walked over to the unconscious lady and scooped her up into his arms, “Can’t Bill be more patient…” Reim carried the woman downstairs and laid her down in front on the floor in front of Bill, “She came running out at me saying she had looked the assassin in the room. There was a lot of shouting coming from the room but it sounded as though the people had been knocked out, there’s still a man in there though, I’ve got the key so I’m going to go inside and see what happened…” Reim bolted back up the stairs and proceeded to put the key in the door, he prayed quietly in adhiel that he wouldn’t be caught by some surprise attack once he entered the room and proceeded to unlock and open the door.
Group E
Adanedhel

Post by Adanedhel »

Bernice

Precious gave a wink and threw her most seductive smile at Bern. "It's alright love, you gave enough to cover this." she said, "I better go and see if I can serve someone.".

With that, she turned around and disappeared towards the counter. Swaying her hips as she looked back at the supposed man.

Nestor however, sprang to life as the lady was laid upon the floor before Dirty Bill. He dashed over to her and stammered "Leah? Oh Leah... Are you alright, blossom?"

As the young achadhiel bolted back up, two of Bill's cronies made attempts to follow, but the filthy man held his hands out against them. "He'll do by 'imself. Bette' to lose a scoundrel, than one o' me lads."

Reim

From behind the door he heard shuffling feet. "M-my head. It hurts, and there's blood... you gotta help me." the faint young voice said. "P-please, l-let me out if y-you can."

Bill looked at Reim coming down the stairs and his hand relaxed at his belt. The men aside the stairs also held their weapons down. Nodding at Nestor, the man stood up and rushed over.

As the door opened, a young, half naked man sat whimpering in a corner, a shaking hand pointing towards the billowing curtains.

In the room there was a large bed with sheets draped over it. By the looks of it, it had seen very recent use. A closet next to the window with one of it's doors slightly opened.

Special:
Bernice Potts
Civus

Post by Bernice Potts »

Bernice smirked again and winked back, taking another swig of the drink. She didn't have the heart to tell her that she was female. Not after this. It would have been a funny joke if the gang members hadn't ruined the show. Ah well, this place had decent ale, but she wasn't sure she'd be back. This place was a lion's den... if she was going to patrol somewhere close, she needed fighting experience.

Turning around, she sighed heavy relief when Leah was safe. Bernice tried to flag down Precious again real quick, reaching into "his" armor.

"Hey, how much would it take for you to take care of ol' Granger after this is done? He probably pays a king's ransom, but he'll really need a load off after this panic. I'd never want that te' happen to me. I don't got much... but if it at least gets him a rub down and a hard drink, he sure as 'ell needs it more than me."

Bernice offered a Lance. She knew it wasn't much, but these ladies didn't do their job for much either.

"That smile's worth a lot more, luv, but I was just planning on drinkin' my 'eart out tonight. If he argues 'bout a table, then he's a regular. I'd like to keep 'im that. He can spoil ye' more than I can."
Reim Ceoruth
Civus

Post by Reim Ceoruth »

"P-please, l-let me out if y-you can."

Reim looked at the visibly shaken man and softened his face. People who lived their lives the way normal people do would always have a fear of the darker side of life but when that darker side spills over into their normality it makes their fear becomes far more real than they had ever imagined possible, Reim was treading a very fine line between a road of darkness and light, as long as he kept the Pantheon in sight and kept true to himself he knew he’d continue following his own path but being half man meant that he had the weaknesses of men and the seduction of power, money and women were very tantalizing. Truthfully Reim wanted power and money and a woman he could call his own but he knew that once he got the power and the money that the real test of his character would begin.

Reim opened the cupboard with his knife drawn just in case someone leapt out at him. He poised himself in anticipation of an attack from any direction, his ears were tuned into the room around him for though his hearing wasn’t as good as his Adhiel brethren it was certainly better than a humans. His eye’s briefly glanced over to the curtains, “Let’s see what’s in here…then I’ll check the curtains…”
Group E
Adanedhel

Post by Adanedhel »

Bernice

The barkeep saw Bern's gesture and pointed the barmaid in his direction. She came over quickly, ready to take the young man's order.

Precious smiled at Bern. "Why? What's wrong? We could've had so much fun, you know. It's too bad to see a customer like you only drinking your heart out, sweety." she said as she took the lance.

"I'll be sure he won't miss out on anything, dear. And if Nestor exceeds the money, I'll put it on his tab. He won't notice anyway. Hope you can solve your problems. I better be off for the next customer now though, really have to go."

Reim

The man didn't do anything. He sat there, his hands around his knees, rocking forth and back. A bruise was clearly forming on his head.

As Reim opened the cupboard, the door creaked before it swung open and different dresses came falling atop him. However, there was no person to be found in it.

As Reim came to the window and could take a look outside, he saw a shadow disappearing in the darkness of one of the many alleyways along the street. By the build, chances were great it was a woman, and certainly the clothes were tight and dark in colour.

Special:
Bernice Potts
Civus

Post by Bernice Potts »

"Yeah... well, I'd been lookin' fer a job here before I came. If I 'ad too much fun, then the boss 'ere might think I'd 'ave too much fun on the job too. Drinkin' I can control. Don't think I'll apply, though. Got brothers and sisters I gotta keep well, and gettin inta gang business is bad for all 'o them."

Taking another swig, Bern sighed and continued to watch the situation unfold with Dirty Bill and the others. At this point, she just wanted to leave... but leaving now would be a suspicious act and who knows if they'd beat her up for it.

"'sides... they killed the mood."
Reim Ceoruth
Civus

Post by Reim Ceoruth »

“Great…” Reim saw the figure running away from the tavern and quickly barked some instructions at the man, “Go downstairs, tell the men at the bottom of the stairs and that the woman has left the tavern and that I’m in pursuit…oh and….err…get yourself patched up with a nice cold ale…” With that Reim clambered outside the window somewhat clumsily and lowered himself till his body was dangling at full length. He looked at the ground beneath him making sure to pinpoint his landing area and then dropped and rolled to absorb the shock. His landing was slightly awkward and he could feel his ankle twinge slightly, “I need to practice acrobatics more…”

He sped after the assassin hoping that she hadn’t gotten too far. This whole case was becoming more and more intriguing as Reim wanted to see who this woman was and why she had tried to assassinate Jubal, “She won’t get away from me again…not this time…” Whilst running the young achadhiel pulled his hood up which cast a shadow over the top half of his face, Reim was slowly beginning to learn about the way things were run in the Dort underground but he knew that in order to compete with the others he needed someone to teach him, “Maybe Claudio will teach me some new stuff…speaking of Claudio where is he?” He pushed the thought to one side and focussed on catching the assassin.
Group E
Adanedhel

Post by Adanedhel »

The cowering man nodded at what Reim told him to do and half heartedly crawled out of the room. The best he could do right now, given the circumstances.

As Reim lowered himself, he noticed that the ground was further away than it looked at first sight, but at least it didn't look fatal. He let go of the rim and landed on his feet, on a cobbly street, the direct roll absorbing the shock almost completely. Just if his left foot wouldn't have landed upon the edge of the stones.

Several people outside looked at him as if he was a fool, but turned their eyes away quickly as Reim pulled the hood over his head.

Turning into the alley that his prey had sought out to enter, he noticed it ended only some thirty feet away, and she had either entered a house through one of the shabby doors, or she had chosen for the rooftops, again.

At least he could tell for sure there was no one screaming in one of the houses on either side of him.

Special:
Reim Ceoruth
Civus

Post by Reim Ceoruth »

OOC: I’m not sure if there’s a wall at the end of the alley, if there isn’t then just ignore that part of my post :D

“What now…”

Reim looked at the houses and the rooftops he was sure that she hadn’t taken to the rooftops but then again she had disappeared a couple of time before. Reim looked at the house and peered through the door briefly just to make sure she wasn’t hiding or being hidden, “She escaped through a secret door last time...what if she’s done that again?!” He approached the wall at the end of the alleyway and felt it to see it there was some sort of lever or button to press to gain entry to the secret passage he suspected was there, his search was brief and made sure to check that she hadn’t taken to the rooftops again by clumsily clambering onto one the roofs and using his eyesight to survey the surroundings quickly before continuing the chase.
Group E
Adanedhel

Post by Adanedhel »

The young man couldn't find any lever or button hidden anywhere on or around the wall. It was near impossible that a woman could've jumped high enough to get to the roofs. However, as Reim's hands were touching the wall, he could feel a few cracks, but the shadows in the alley as well as it being night made them all but visible. They were of such size, that a knife blade could be inserted. Or any other small blade for that purpose.

Just as his fingers ran over the cracks in the wall, Reim heard something fall on one of the roofs to his right. "Stupid dagger belt! What use is it if your straps break all the time!" a female voice said, and a veiled head became visible above one of the houses. It turned, and fear showed in the eyes.

Reim could hear some shuffling at her position before she got out of sight, her footsteps running away from him, and a metallic object falling on one of the roofs.

Special:
Reim Ceoruth
Civus

Post by Reim Ceoruth »

Reim’s head shot up to the roof in time to see that his prey wasn’t too far away. Reaching to the back of his belt the achadhiel pulled what appeared to be a pair of handclaws. The claws themselves appeared to be two pieces of metal conjoined with a leather strip which was to be tied around his hands. The metal itself had several sharps spikes attached to aid in climbing and scaling different surfaces, Reim tied the claws on as quickly as he could and then proceeded to climb up the wall.

The spikes appeared to sink into the wall and provide a fair amount of grip. Reim climbed slowly as it took his awhile to gain footing within the knife sized cracks in the wall; the darkness wasn’t helping, “How did she get up here?” He hauled himself up to the roof and tentatively stood up, it was the first time he’d used the claws but even with their aid his climbing skills were still rusty. He had imagined himself using the claws to climb up the wall like some sort of agile cat of spider but his imagination had once again let him down, “Another skill I have to practice..."

Moving along the roof Reim picked up the metallic object that had fallen and proceeded to pursue the assassin, all the climbing and clambering was beginning to irritate him and he hoped that the assassin would make some sort of mistake which would allow him to end the chase and get back to finding Claudio.

OOC: The handclaws were given to me by Turi for Tazlure's birthday :)
Group E
Adanedhel

Post by Adanedhel »

Clambering over the wall, Reim ended up on the roof after a hard climb upward. Not only did his imagination let him down, but was it even worth it? The roofs in all directions were lined with washing lines and clothes. Some had a few plants standing on them or other miscellaneous household stuff.

The roof he was standing on was littered with textiles and he could see the relief of a person in one of the piles near the wall. The metallic object caught Reim's eye as it glittered in the moonlight.

There was no trace of the assassin anymore. She could be anywhere. Gone into any house, hiding behind or in anything on these rooftops. Or maybe she had just fallen through somewhere, for not all of them were as finely crafted as the one Reim was standing upon.

As Reim approached the object, it appeared to be a knife. Small enough to hide from sight, yet it looked sharp enough to slit a throat with if need be. However, in the moonlight there was something that would sparkle anyone's interest in this object.

The blade held a carving of a boat with a few words on the other side. It said "Begads! Jack Ketch comes".

Special:
Reim Ceoruth
Civus

Post by Reim Ceoruth »

Reim picked up the blade and read the inscriptions on, “Begads...Jack Ketch come..What does that mean?” He looked up from the knife and looked into the seemingly endless sea of rooftops, his shocking blue eyes scanned the area in hope of catching sight of the assassin but he soon grew tired as he realized that she was probably long gone, “She’s escaped…again...Who is this woman?!!” After his brief outburst Rei quieted down and sank into thought.

Pushed the knife into his belt Reim clambered down from the roof, he didn’t want to go back to Seamonster and confront Bill since the old man seemed fairly short tempered and had made Reim wonder if it was worth joining up with Jubal, “Maybe I should’ve found some other crime lord to work for…” he muttered to himself. He began to stroll back through the street with an overwhelming sense of defeat hovering over him, and that was something that he didn’t like. The thought of Claudio flashed through his mind as he was currently on the run and trying to prove his innocence to Jubal, “I suppose catching this other assassin might lead us to the one that has Claudio under suspicion…”

Reim looked at the knife once more and shoved it inside his boot so no one could snatch and also so that if it was of some material worth to the assassin she would find it hard obtaining it once again, “Maybe be the Jack Ketch is a ship?” It was a feasible deduction considering that there was a picture of one on the blade and with that potential lead in mind Reim headed for the docks but made sure to pass by the Seamonster just in case Bill and the others were still there, “It’ll save me some time if they know that there isn’t a ship called the Jack Ketch…”
Last edited by Reim Ceoruth on Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Group E
Adanedhel

Post by Adanedhel »

OOC: Sorry for the delay Reim. I must admit to having missed your post until today. Don't know why. Anyway, I think this is a nice scene to finish with. Thread listed for skilling, and you can open a new thread if you feel like it.

Special:
Turi
Special Branch

Post by Turi »

Locked, skilled, archived.
[size=75][i][b]"If it were clear in my mind, I should have no incentive or need to write about it. We do not write in order to be understood; we write in order to understand." -C. Day-Lewis[/b][/i]

Avatar by enayla at allavatars.com[/size]

Return to “Dort Archive”