Nazareen

Moderators: Ashari, Mods

Tristam

Nazareen

Post by Tristam »

Ok here is the distilling of the thoughts on the subject from over in the Kaza Rhun development thread and what has been mentioned in the past plus a few ideas of my own.

1. During the time of Charlesmagne ( 1224 years ago) Dort was ruled by dwarves. It was their disappointment with humankind due to the gruesome death of the king that made them withdraw into the mountains of Nazareen, refusing to govern the Dortenese any further.

2. The Dwarves of Nazareen were a clan from Kaza Rhun, the Nazaric clan, that won the right to accept Charlemagne's offer to settle and rule the isle of Dort. The given reason was needing the dwarves expertise to mine the mountains of Dort.

3. Very little is known about what lies beneath the mountain that the dwarves call home. There is a trading post where ore is exchanged for gold and surface goods and that is largely all the average human would see.

4. Around the War of the One, something caused the Nazareen dwarves to flee their home and seek refuge in Dort and Islay with a few escaping by Portal to Gulanadur. Most of those refugees have no idea what actually befell their home. Vague talk of creatures from the Dark is all that is said.

5. As a result, Dort and the Seven Isles experienced a shortage of metals during a period of war time. Many merchants who had stockpiles or 'lesser' sources became very wealthy.

So that is all I have so far. Just for the monetary aspect many merchants would pay well to reclaim Nazareen. Somehow I want to tie the Picti into this though I am not sure how. Anyway, more thoughts later.
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Turi
Special Branch

Post by Turi »

Updated information here:

http://wiki.tazlure.nl/index.php/Nazareen

A lot of the "little details" are missing, so feel free to expand on this.
Last edited by Turi on Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75][i][b]"If it were clear in my mind, I should have no incentive or need to write about it. We do not write in order to be understood; we write in order to understand." -C. Day-Lewis[/b][/i]

Avatar by enayla at allavatars.com[/size]

Return to “Aveas Archive”