Moving Day [Chyril 23 ET]

Moderators: Vanadius, Mods

Eivlys
Civus

Moving Day [Chyril 23 ET]

Post by Eivlys »

There was always laundry to do. Having a baby was wonderful; it felt so nice to hold her close, and to look at her seeing the world for the first time. She sometime forgot little Aetya had lived another life, and perhaps all this was not new? She was a smart and Eivlys wondered if she would have a two year old with all the understanding of a adult some day.

Changing from a swan in her apartment was always met with the chore of finishing the laundry, and then doing some dishes, bathing and dressing Aetya, then waiting for the sitter to arrive, and then off to the tavern to try and earn enough coin to pay for another day.

Things had changed though. She would not have to worry so much about her income, or not being able to swim in a pool. She would have a pond right outside her home, a pond for her and Aetya to swim in. She did not worry about making coin and she could focus rather on perfecting her art.

The laundry, however, remained. She ran the last of the child’s nappy over the washboard and wrung it out. She would have to hang it to dry at the new house. The new house, it sounded nice. “We will have a nice new place, with a room of your own.” She told the baby as she laid the wet cloth in a basket that held others.

She did not have much, so packing her things was simple. The furniture belonged to the apartment, she had only a few dresses, and of course there was the baby’s things, and that was a lot. Having a child was expensive, and this is where much of her money went. She did not mind however, it was her responsibility after all.

She picked up the baby and looked around. All she had fit in two baskets and a bag. She waited for the carriage to pick her up, then she would go to her new home.
Turi
Special Branch

Post by Turi »

The carriage rattled noisily up to her door, the driver looking distinctly uneasy. This was not surprising, given the unrest in the Knot for the past day or so. The fact that carriages were an uncommon sight in the poverty-stricken parts of the town did not help. The teamster was receiving many stares - some curious, some appraising.

Even more interest was drawn when Eivlys' neighbours saw who was getting on the carriage. No doubt the whispers and rumours about where she had gone and who had sent for her would be flying around for days. They left her alone for the moment, although those close by would be listening to what she said to the driver.

"Evenin' miss." The man doffed his cap and stepped down nervously to open the door and help her with her luggage. "Do you want to stop off somewhere to get more things for your house? Or is this everything you're taking?"
[size=75][i][b]"If it were clear in my mind, I should have no incentive or need to write about it. We do not write in order to be understood; we write in order to understand." -C. Day-Lewis[/b][/i]

Avatar by enayla at allavatars.com[/size]
Eivlys
Civus

in the duck

Post by Eivlys »

She started to load her things into the carriage. “If we could, I would like to stop at the Drunken Duck.” She said and put the baby in the carriage. “I do not know of any shops that would be open this late. So we need not stop by any. I will get some dinner at the Duck.” She pulled herself into the carriage as well and took a seat next to the basket. “I think we will see some old friends of yours.”

She rocked with the carriage as it traveled to the destination. She half wondered if they two would not show up. She felt a deep sense of worry that she was dreaming both of them, and she had to remind herself to follow her heart. She sang as the carriage went to push back her fears.

When it stopped she stepped out and carried the baby with her, wrapped in the blankets. She entered the Duck, giving a smile to all of the people she knew as she passed them. She walked to the bar and smiled at the barkeep. “If I could get some dinner.” She set down some coins she had left over from her payment the night before. “Some of the vegetable soup and some bread please.” She turned scanning the place for the familiar faces.
Turi
Special Branch

Post by Turi »

There was a moderate-sized throng of people gathered on the verandah of the Duck when Eivlys arrived. They appeared to be trying to read a notice that was nailed against the wall. She and Aetya had to push through them to get to the door, and the swandmaiden did not have the opportunity to examine it herself.

The hum of laughter and conversation that filled the Drunken Duck was louder than usual that eveningtide. As well as the usual assortment of traders and tradesmen, several sailors and dockworkers were visiting the bustling tavern, away from their usual haunts in Watertown. The only familiar faces Eivlys saw at the Duck were those of the workers there – there was Bertram, the bartender who worked the night shift, and the barmaid Sydni, a buxom young woman in her early twenties.

None of the red-heads she saw looked like the woman in her dreams. Flashes of blue tattooed skin caught her eye – but they belonged to a trio of rough bearded seamen, none of them fully adhiel. The designs were dark and intricate, swirling gracefully like the ocean waves, but they did not trigger any kind of recognition.

It wasn’t long before Eivlys meal arrived at the counter.
Last edited by Turi on Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75][i][b]"If it were clear in my mind, I should have no incentive or need to write about it. We do not write in order to be understood; we write in order to understand." -C. Day-Lewis[/b][/i]

Eivlys
Civus

Post by Eivlys »

The young woman let out a sigh looking around, but returned to Sydni with a smile. “Thanks so much.” She offered over the roar of the crowd. She took the plate of food and looked for a place to sit. She tried to balance it while carrying the baby in the basket in her other arm.

She wove her way around some of the tables, offering a smile and comment to the people as she passed. She sat where she could see the door. She wanted to see if they arrived while she ate her meal. It was a nice soup, she fed some to Aetya. “You will meet some of friends tonight.” She told the baby as she gave her some bread to gnaw on.

Every so often the pair of silvery eyes would look around the room for Amber or Gwayne. When they were not found she would return to her meal. She could not keep the coachmen forever. She hoped this was not a folly on her part.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Gwayne of Vendeling »

Corners where good, they made it possible to stay out of the main stream. Gwayne looked at the little statue on the table, its wood still rough but the futures where clear, it looked like Eivlys. Gwayne had worked on it as long as he was in the Drinking Duck..... Drunken Duck.. it was hard to remember the name.

He was tense he wished that Amber would come back in, at least she made him feel better and she had a clear way of handling people who looked to much. A quick glance at the sky had told him that darkness had fallen.

Maybe Eivlys would show up, maybe... he went on working on the little wooden statue.
The Goddess is at my side, until she decides to leave me...

Posting on possible days Avatar from our lady Finley.. a mistress of capturing dreams and nightmares in word and pictures.
http://pixieface.deviantart.com/
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber had been pacing nervously outside the Drunken Dunk. She was uncertain of what she would find within. Or who she might find. She was excited, eager to find and meet Eivlys, but also, for some reason, incredibly scared. Why, she wasn't sure. Was not Eivlys just another woman? But even as she thought that, she knew it wasn't true. Eivlys was a Swanmaiden, and more than that... she had shared something with Amber in that dream. Something... unique. To just the two of them. Something special. And it was not to be taken lightly.

But finally, she got up the never and stepped inside the inn, taking a careful look around. She saw Gwayne in the corner and started toward him, unaware that her survey of the common room was incomplete.

"Have you seen her yet?" she asked him as she stood next to him. "There's so many people here." She started searching the gathered people yet again. She was sure she would recognize Eivlys, if she could only see her...
Cowgirls Exotica's "Queen of Hearts" - 2008
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

"No I have not seen her yet.." Gwayne responded to Ambers question. "The evening is still young, she shall be here soon enough. Just stay standing and I guess that someone shall jump and wrap her arms around your neck soon enough." Gwayne silently suppressed a sting of jealousy. He just concentrated on the figurine in front of him. His mind filled with pictures of Eivlys out of the dream.

It was clear to him that Amber was nervous and probably liked Eivlys more then being a sister of sort. That was ok, but it made him feel a bit.... alone.

Posting on possible days Avatar from our lady Finley.. a mistress of capturing dreams and nightmares in word and pictures.
Turi
Special Branch

Post by Turi »

OOC: sorry if i created a misunderstanding guys, you can see each other, I was just referring to the fact that you hadn't showed up IC yet...

"Captain, how long are we intending to wait?" Gull asked. "Half a yahren it has been since we found the wardstones in pieces. Half a yahren and still we've yet to lay eyes on hide or feather of this flying Paladin. She would have sought us by now, if she lived."

"The storm gathers," muttered Ross, who had always been sensitive to such things. "I can tell you, even from here it's making my teeth itch," he complained, rubbing them against his lips. "We should see it through. Soon."

"Patience," said the Captain, and they were quiet. For the third time that evening he sent his awareness out. It was there, her presence, a power of the heavens, but faint, like the guidestar on a cloudy night. This time he followed it to a table by the door.

"Eyes to port. That one is like her. But not," he frowned and settled back. "No point in raising attention until we're sure. For now, we will watch."

He raised his tankard to his lips.

Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber was still scanning the crowd when Gwayne replied. She thought she detected a different note in his voice, some sort of emotion that seemed... off, somehow. She glanced down at him and saw that all of his attention was focused on the figurine he was working on. She didn't know he had artistic talent, but that revelation was lost on her at the moment.

"I thought you were really looking forward to meeting Eivlys," she said to him. "At least, you were this morning. Is everything ok?"

Even as she waited for an answer, she went back to looking for the other woman. That was when she saw a flash of hair so blonde, it was almost white. Her sweeping gaze paused, and she looked closer. She thought she caught a hint of silver eyes as other people moved too and fro between her and the seated woman.

"Gwayne," she said, reaching down to rest a hand on his forearm. "I think maybe that's her." She pointed toward where she'd seen the other. She went up on her toes, trying to confirm if she'd really seen what she thought she had.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

"Yes, I am ok, just a bit ..... just a bit.... does not matter." said Gwayne. Then he smiled softly and tried to find Eivlys as Amber had said.

"I think your right...." he rose slowly from the seat. "Where are you waiting for ?" he said while collecting all the stuff. "I follow you with our belongings.."

Maybe Gwayne's eyes showed his mixed feelings, his insecurity. Would she be a real dream ? Or would she be the same as in the dream. Fear and uncertainty rippled through the young adhiel.

He took the figurine and placed it carefully in his bag beside the one's he made of the other members of their group. Then he prepared to follow Amber and to face his fears.

Eivlys
Civus

Post by Eivlys »

She finished off the last of the food and sighed. She had been watching the room. Her eyes met Ambers and she knew it was her. She just knew they were here, it was a bit of a curse this place was so busy tonight. She turned and ducked down picking up the baby from the chair next to her. She was still chewing on the bread, Aetya loved to chew on bread and hard crusts, she would just chew and suck for marks.

She wasted no time standing and crossing the room where she thought she saw them. She spotted them and walked right to Amber, offering a hug. “Oh it is you!” She said with delight. “And Gwayne.” She did not hesitate to offer him a warm embraces as well. She held the baby in the basket in one arm and looked at them both. “Come, I have a carriage waiting. They are ready to take me to my new home. Will you come? Have you eaten?” She took Amber’s hand. “Oh, this is Aetya, say hello to them.” She held out the basket.

“I was a little worried you were not real, that I had dreamed you up, but here you are. Have you waited long?” She asked, she had so many questions and so many things she wanted to know.

Amber looked so nice, and she felt her insides twist up a bit thinking about having her come to her home. There was no other man with them, where was this Gavin fellow? It was good if he was not here. “Have you had dinner?”
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber felt her heartrate increasing as Eivlys' eyes met her own, and as she returned the Swanmaiden's hug just as warmly, she realized she was holding her breath. She half expected to wake up again and find that the hug wasn't real. But it was real, and as Eivlys gave Gwayne a hug, too, Amber forced herself to start breathing again.

"I thought you might be just a dream, too," she said. "But I had to come and find out. I had to know for sure." She smiled at Aetya as Eivlys held her up. "Hello there, little one," she said softly. Amber had never been one to be overly taken with small children or babies, but there was no denying that Aetya was cute, still gnawing on her bread as if it were the greatest treat in the world.

"We haven't been here too long," Amber continued. "I don't know about Gwayne, but I haven't eaten yet. Although, finally meeting you seems to have taken my appetite away for now. Excitement, I suppose." She looked to Gwayne for confirmation as she continued, "I'm sure we'd love to come with you to your new home. We have so much to talk about."
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Funny the hug seemed to last for ever.... and be over in the blink of a eye.. Gwayne blushed once again, with Eivlys it happened so easily. Especially with a memory of soft lips touching his for the briefest of times.

Gwayne had not eaten all day, he had been to tense and scared to eat. Now he just nodded to Amber and Eivlys unable to talk at all. Not all days you meet a dream and a woman returned from the netherworld itself.

So he offered without words to carry Aetya, after all It would give Amber the space to act. Gwayne watched the hunger in Ambers eyes and wondered if his own eyes reflected it.

For a flicker it remembered him about the maidens cloak and the feelings it released... it made him shiver, bringing back the fears of losing control. The young adhiel had never faced such horror before and would not like to face them again.

He would force himself to be content with just taking care of Aetya and for fill the Goddesses wishes even if he would not get..... he would not find what he wished for himself.

A quick stroke over Aetya's head made it worth while and he smiled...l

Eivlys
Civus

Post by Eivlys »

She held onto one of Amber’s hands as they spoke. “Well, if you have not eaten let us get you both some food and then get in the carriage. Would cheese and fruit be fine? I do not think I could afford much more, I am sorry.” She smiled at them both.

She gladly offered Aetya over to Gwayne. “I am sure she is excited to see you both.” She looked at the baby and sighed. “It is a meeting of old friends and new, and she is meeting the old and I am meeting the new.” She laughed. “Ironic is it not?”

She stopped Bertram. “Could you get us a wedge of cheese and some fruit and bread. Wrap it up so we can go.” She spoke politely and handed her the money. She turned back to her new friends and smiled. “Are you planning to stay in the city? Where are you both from? Where have you been? Tell me what you have seen. Tell me of Aetya, and what she was like.” She looked to them both, expecting them both to reply to her volly of questions.

She waited for their answers and for the food so they could take their leave.
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Although she was trying hard to hide her emotions in the busy common room, Amber was so excited that she could barely think straight. She hadn't realized that actually seeing and hearing and touching Eivlys would create such a strong reaction within her. It took her several moments to realize that she was still holding the Swanmaiden's hand, but when she did, she squeezed it gently, hoping that the other woman didn't want to let go anytime soon.

"Oh, please don't feel obligated to pay for us," she said, finally finding her voice again. "Thanks to the portal, we haven't traveled that far, so it's not like we're starving or anything." She was quite hungry, but she would feel bad to just sit by and let her new friend pay for everything. "At least let me purchase some drinks to go with it..."

Her voice trailed off as Eivlys launched into a series of questions, so fast that it was hard to follow her. She glanced at Gwayne and grinned in amusement. She herself was known for talking quite a lot, but she saw that when it came to questions, she had a new rival, at least for now. "Well, I'm not sure how long we're planning on staying here," she began. "My parents live on a farm not far from the city. I was born and raised there. I'm afraid I haven't been many places yet... just here and Hafne, on Islay. As for what I've seen..." Her expression grew a little troubled. "Fighting... lots of fighting... it's not really worth talking about."
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

The feeling of a child in his arms was incredible to say the least Gwayne lost the total notion of the rest of the world for a few flickers. He started to play and talk with Aetya, telling her that he was happy to see her again and that he missed her. That Syrawenn and him where captured after she died and that it had taken a long time for him to return. It was so incredible that a dream could come true that Aetya had returned from the dead and Eivlys.....
Eivlys...

Gwayne looked up and smiled at Eivlys, "Did you say something ?"

Eivlys
Civus

Post by Eivlys »

She smiled at Amber. “Oh, of course it is important. Fighting, I cannot imagine how awful that could be. Did you get hurt? Are you a good fighter? Are you carrying any weapons with you?” She asked. “I could have used a fighter last night, I had to stay as a guest at another’s house because of the fighting in the Knot. It made me have to leave the house. Dort is a dangerous place now.”

She looked at Gwayne. He was whispering to Aetya and she just watched for a moment. He was so cute as he spoke. She pulled Amber close and whispered. “He would make a nice daddy.”

He looked up and she just laughed when he spoke. She patted his cheek. “You are so very cute, Gwayne. We should perhaps leave before the women in this place start drifting your way.”

She looked over and saw the food coming out with the barmaid.
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber had been put into a rather gloomy mood be remembering all the fighting she had been through, the people she had seen killed... and the people she herself had killed. But as Eivlys launched into another flood of questions, she couldn't stay gloomy anymore. She laughed softly. "No, I didn't get hurt, thank Ithrainne," she answered. "Though I certainly came close a number of times. But that's due more to good friends watching my back than any skill I might have." And pure luck, she mused, though she didn't say it aloud. As she thought this, her free hand drifted up to touch the weight of her eclipsed moon necklace that dangled between her breasts beneath her tunic. "I suppose I am a better fighter than most farm girls," she continued after a moment. "But I would not consider myself a skilled warrior yet, not by a long shot." She ignored the question about whether she was carrying weapons or not. She preferred to keep that information quiet; it wasn't that she didn't trust Eivlys, rather, she didn't trust all the people around them. She would rather keep the fact that she was armed as a surprise to any potential enemies. "I wish I could have been there to help you," she finished.

As the Swanmaiden whispered to her about Gwayne, she giggled a little - a sound she hadn't made in a long time - and nodded in agreement. "Yes, I suppose he would."

As Eivlys saw to the barmaid and their food, Amber couldn't help but tease Gwayne a bit more. "Yes, I hear that women are greatly attracted to a man who is good with children. If you're not careful, you'll have a handful of them hanging on your arm before the night is out!" She grinned.
Last edited by Amber Kynterle on Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

When both women started to tease Gwayne being a good father he as usual turned red as a .... well something very very red. He looked down and started to tuck Aetya in, makigng sure that she was warm and comfortable.

"I already have one hanging on my arm thankyouverymuch." Gwayne muttered while preparing to leave. "Should you two ladies not prepare for leaving as well ? I think that three women in my life are more then enough...."

But still he could not resist to look around him to make sure that those women hunting him where a real joke.

Quickly he put on his backpack, grabbed his weapons and placed them on his back as well. Then he checked his knife and gentle picked up Aetya. All that stuff was a bit of a burden but he clearly did not mind.

Then his calm returned and the red face moved on so he decided to tease a bit for himself.. "Amber you can stop trying to break Eivlys fingers now." then after a few flickers he resumed slowly.... "Eivlys, I think that you should search for Ambers weapons in a non verbal way..... I could help if needed."

When the words left his mouth he realized what he just said and the red face demon did strike once again.... "Uhhhh, figural spoken ??" The young man was not as his best being trapped between two women he considered beautyfull and one who would be as well when she did grow up. Gwayne's eyes tried to dig holes in the wooden floor...

Eivlys
Civus

Post by Eivlys »

She smiled and her eyebrows shot up. “Oh ho.” She laughed softly and covered her mouth with one hand. “Well, I am sure she does not need weapons to be dangerous.” She took the food as it arrived, wrapped in cloth and all bundled up. She took the coin out to pay, giving the barmaid a tip as she would expect from her performances. Since she lived on tips she made sure to tip when she could. The gods liked that sort of generosity she figured.

“Come there is a carriage waiting.” She started for the door, waiting a moment to make sure they were following. “You should not be so shy…” She paused. “Is it lord or Master Gwayne? And is it Lady, or Dane?” She asked them both. She had not even considered their titles.
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Eivlys seemed to take the crude joke on Gwayne's part rather calmly. Amber, however, was indignant. "Gwayne!" she said in embarrassed shock. Her cheeks flushed bright red. "You wouldn't dare do such a thing! Especially not here!" She shook a finger at him. "If you weren't carrying that child, I'd slap you, just to teach you a lesson!" Her words were stern, but there was a glitter in her eyes. She was truly embarrassed by his suggestion - most likely because her knives were stashed in places on her body she really didn't think would be appropriate for him to be feeling up - but she was also partly joking with him.

She took a deep breath, which made her breasts heave beneath her tunic and vest, and tried to calm down a bit. It wouldn't do to make a scene. She glanced at Eivlys and shrugged at her question. "Well, I'm know lady, and I don't know what the hell a 'Dane' is, so I'm probably not that either. I'm just a farm girl, so you can just call me Amber."
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Amber's flaming remark hit home at Gwayne, he staggered a bit back when the woman more or less shouted at him. His face already red became more or less crimson and his eyes looked at the ground.
His normal shyness had returned so totally that he was unable to say anything. Instead he returned to little Aetya, a dream come true. Gwayne still felt honoured that the Goddess had send that dream telling him that she still lived. But sometimes even when he was holding her it seemed unreal. He just wished that he had half her courage and a quarter of her strength, but he had not.. So he let Ambers fury just come over him, what could he do otherwise, he had hurt her, and he could not even say that he was sorry.

So he just waited and tended the little lady. A tear flowed from his eye.

Eivlys
Civus

Post by Eivlys »

She looked between hem and suddenly felt the tension. She smiled to them both. “I sure he know I would not do any such thing.” She said to Amber as she slipped the knot of the food over her arm, hanging the package by the cloth they wrapped it in. “I grew up on a farm as well.” She said in a soft voice. “Well, it was large enough to have a few chickens and a cow. Enough to feed mother, father and me. We made much of our banner with my mother’s weaving and tailoring.”

She reached out and patted Gwayne on the arm. “I would not let her hurt you.” She looked at Amber, trying to get her to notice the man’s tear. “I am sorry I kept you waiting so long. I was not truly presentable most the day.” She told them both.

Soon they were at the door of the Duck and she felt a little better as they were stepping out. So they could talk between themselves in some privacy. She signaled for the carriage to come collect them. “You do not have any horses or things here do you?”
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber was glad when Eivlys suggested they leave. Ordinarily, she liked being around people, especially in an inn. There were always so many stories to hear, so many wonderful things to learn about other races and lands. But now that they'd found Eivlys, all she wanted to do was get to know her and learn more about *her*.

She stepped outside into the street, taking a deep breath of the fresh air. "No, no horses for us, unfortunately," she replied. "Been walking all over Dort, Islay, the Aether, and back again, and rarely a horse to be found. Maybe I should buy one one of these days," she added thoughtfully.

Return to “Dort Archive”