Coronation Ceremony (Chyril 25th Early ET)

Moderator: Mods

Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Coronation Ceremony (Chyril 25th Early ET)

Post by Grey Wolf »

Magnificent in its everyday shape, the Great Hall has been transformed for this very special day into something much grander. The dining table has been pulled apart, separated into four pieces, and placed near the outer walls. In the corner a small group of minstrels played soft tunes, their skill obvious even to those who did not have an ear for music, notes simply flowing from the corner, soothing the mind and uplifting the spirit. Several small rods places high upon the walls shot streams of colorful sparks at uneven intervals, spreading heady scent of spring flowers with each tiny explosion of light.

This was the place where those of noble blood and those fortunate enough to have strong connection would witness the ascension of the new Caesar Andolin to the throne this night. Currently the tables were sparsely lined with selected sweets and light snacks, servants standing ready to accommodate any wish a guest might have, a line of prod and dashing Imperial Guardsmen lining each wall of the Great Hall. There was to be a proper feast later that evening, and the dishes served now were merely supposed to provide the guests with something to trick their hunger until after the ceremony.
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Post by Ashtallion Urdil »

Ashtallion regarded his surroundings with an expression of polite interest. He did not want to give the appearance of being overly impressed by the venue and its fantastical decorations, least someone watching believe him unused to such finery. Despite being considered a member of the Nobility, he had infact little experience with the intricacies of their politics, however he was a quick study and had over the last few months picked up the apparent habits many of the Nobles exhibited.

He wore the one of his dress robes, one made of fine white velvet and satin that hugged his slender yet toned figure closely. Into the robe was stitched silver and gold thread that seemed to form a webbed lattice over it, glittering in the light whenever he turned or walked. With his golden blonde hair hanging loose and his delicately chiselled features, plus those piercing eyes that matched the metallic hue of his hair, Ashtallion present an impressing visage and looked every bit the Noble that his blood made him.

The magus asked a passing servant for a glass of Kislovani white, but he knew it would be the only glass he would have for the entire evening. Alcohol lowered his focus, and for those that knew him, the wizard detested not being in control of himself.

Arriving alone meant that he had to wait for a familiar face. For now he simply wandered amongst the scents and scenes around him.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

It was still early in the evening and nobles were only beginning to filter in into the Great Hall with the most important guests waiting till later to make a grand entrance. A small cluster of priests from every major religion of the Empire stood near one corner, chatting amongst themselves, though from time to time their conversation seemed to edge towards argument. They did not resort to shouting just yet, but if the entire group stayed together it was a very distinct possibility. Most tension seemed to be between the representatives of Red Warrior aspect of Father and High Priestess of Pecunia.

Kislovan representatives were present, Lord Aghiril looking quite pale and with dark circles under his eyes, the man obviously in need of some sleep. Dressed in full regalia of a Kislovani knight, his hand kept going to his hip where a sword was absent, the nature of tonight's ceremony preventing even him from wearing it. In fact the only people to wear arms were the black and white imperial guardsmen, their former Sergeant and now Captain surveying the room from near the door, glaring at every little imperfection in their posture, or Heaven's forbid uniform. This was to be their and their creator's moment of glory and Captain Summers did not plan to let it be ruined by anyone.
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Ulder
Erstwhile Soldier

Post by Ulder »

Six votes.

Had he received six more votes, this day would have been very different. He pondered over it, and tried to imagine what it would be like. Nervous and uncertain, waiting and expectant. Thousands of eyes on you, judging and forming opinions with every step or move.

He had taken the loss in the election hard. It had been difficult and disappointing to say the least, but like any good piece of steel, he had been reforged. It was individuals that had honored his service to the empire, not the government. Officially the governing council had forsaken the former Captain's service, had named him to blame for the riots months ago, and disbanded the Guard, taking away what they had done in their long history of service and erasing it in one fell swoop. The intervening months of silence had spoken to him all he needed to hear. There were rewards for slaying the beast of the Changer, but still the governing council remained silent in regards to what he and his brave companions had done yet again in the name of safety and security for the Empire. It was clear they had turned their backs on him. He was a relic of the past, an uncomfortable reminder of days gone by. Their lack of words or position or posture only demonstrated further and compound the mistake they were making this day. Their silence had been deafening.

He remembered how angry and upset he had been months ago. But time had healed him of those wounds. He was a different man now. Once he had stood ramrod straight at his post, and was prepared to defend them with his last breath. Now he felt like he was on a lifeboat off a sinking ship. He held little hope for the future of the Empire. It wasn't arrogance in thinking himself better than Andolin. To the contrary, he knew Andolin was better suited to playing the games of bureaucracy and compromise than he was. It was the fact that Andolin would play that game while the good, decent, hard working people toiled. So Andolin had won, and for once in his life, Ulder was glad and content to lose. What he was about to embark on was a new journey. A path with an uncertain future, but limitless possibility. A quest without borders, or boundaries for the good of all, and without the corrupting tendrils of diplomacy or statecraft. Ulder the man, not Ulder the Captain, was confident and content in the knowledge that the Caesar that was being crowned this day, would eventually show his true colors and worth, and that the people would rise up and take back what they were so trustingly giving this day, while he and Elaine and a small circle of true pilgrims rowed away into the mists on their little lifeboat. They were not running away, but rather towards something bigger.

With Elaine at his side, and dressed in fine new clothing, he walked into the familiar Great Hall, and looked around at the splendor and grandeur that was on display this day. It was a party for the new Caesar, but a going away party of sorts as well. A last chance for them to say goodbye.
[url=https://tazlure.nl/board/viewforum.php?f=404]Ulder's Compendium[/url]

[size=67]Avatar by permission of Amok. http://en.amokanet.ru/[/size]
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

There was a figure missing amongst all those religious people, and his friendship with Sosa enabled Ulder to spy her lithe form clad in white robes of Illuminatus to the side. The former Commander of Purple Guards stood to the side, a smile upon her face, chatting away with Hector Anzillo, who also seemed pleased with something. From their posture they looked almost like a pair of young teenagers engaged in a friendly game of guessing, with Hector being the one who held some sort of secret Sosa wanted to know of. She spotted Ulder and Elaine and waved in greeting, quickly turning back to Hector and with a smile poking him in the ribs with a finger. He moved away and shook his head, his lips forming a pair of clearly readable words. "Guess again."
Ulder
Erstwhile Soldier

Post by Ulder »

He leaned to whisper in Elaine's ear.

"Sosa is here. She's somewhat disguised, but she's waving hello. I don't think she's wants to be noticed. She's with Chancellor Anzillo, but he seems to be moving away."

Ulder gave his former commander a short wave as Hector moved away. The words he spoke were easy to read, but their meaning was something more cryptic. Ulder immediately took it to mean that Hector thought he wouldn't show up this day, but left himself open to the possibility that it could be something else. He knew Anzillo and Sosa were old friends, and that their private conversations were of things he couldn't fathom.

He spoke to his wife again, this time in more normal tone and volume, although soft enough to not shock the sensitive ears of his beloved.

"I'll go get us something to drink."

He meandered his way through the back of the crowd until he was at Sosa's side. His tone was casual with her, the way old friends who have been to war together speak to one another.

"All things considered, I think I'd still rather work these things than be a guest. I miss the anonymity."

Elaine
Royal Poet

Post by Elaine »

Elaine nodded at her husband. Sosa held a special place after she had looked after Ulder so loyally, possibly saving his life in the process. The combination with the Chancellor surprised her. The sturdy swordswoman did not strike her as one to trade fancy words with those of higher politics.

There's a first for everything. Maybe her tongue will prove as sharp as her blade.

Smoothing out her dress the blind woman took a good hold of her staff. It was never great to be in a crowd and without Ulder it might quickly become much more of a chore. The buzz of the people, voices and feelings, were often overwhelming. Yet now was not the time to hide. Although the coronation was not exactly as she had hoped to see it, it was probably infinitely better than if she'd had to sacrifice Ulder and their life to this throne.

Instead the Achadhiel focussed on her breathing, trying to get a steady footing before allowing herself to listen to what was going on. The tune coming from one of the corners was not unpleasant. Elaine promised herself to join one of those corners if the situation became too massive.

I wonder who else will be here...I wonder who we will actually miss when we move away.
Elvin. I'd miss him. Silly man. I hope he'll have room to let love in.
Becca, such a sparkling girl. Yes, I'd miss her too.

Her mind roamed over the remainder of the guards and many other names she had gotten to know over the last months. There were several in there that she'd have loved to take with them. Yet their life and tasks were here, in the Citadel, whereas Ulder and she were played out. There was no way she could live her life, reminded of the Changer with every step she took. And for Ulder..he needed a clean start, something he could believe in, instead of facing the desillusionment of that which went before.
There is so much to see, yet so few willing to.
[i]Jonah Bannon[/i]

Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

With a glass in hand, the magus was content to simply stand for a while and watch as the other guests arrived. He did not miss Lord Aghiril, nor did it escape his attention how exhausted the fellow adhiel looked. Asht frowned slightly, wondering if perhaps matters with the Brotherhood in Kislovan were the cause of the Lord's pale complexion. The sorcerer decided to speak with the adhiel, he wanted to hear how things in Kislovan were, for a part of him dearly missed that beautiful place.

On his way towards Aghiril, he noted Ulder and Elaine. At that moment he only felt a vauge familiarity towards them, his interest rising as to where it stemmed from. They both made a striking pair at any rate.

" Lord Aghiril... " Ashtallion bowed his head slightly, showing his respect, " I hope I am not troubling you? It was a pleasent surprise to see you appear here, so I thought to waylay you and enquire as to how Kislovan fairs? "
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

((GW, could you tell me whom else from my entourage would be attending? Thierian and a few guards for sure, probably Vlast if I had a guess. Any religious reps from his end or would he also represent Molten?))

He was likely the youngest player on this board, but in the last few tides he had most assuredly created a stir. He had asked for assistance from Lady Vlast about his attire, wanting to look as exotic as he was regal.

For the first time in his life, he felt like the Archmage he always wanted to be.

The combination of his golden shoulder plates and his new wizard robe from Audreys made for a stunning black and gold effect. His face was given make up in order to 'dignify' the scars on his cheek without looking like a woman. They shaved his brows slightly to bring out a more graceful appearance on his face, and his head was adorned with a golden chain drape with a red embellishment in the middle of his forehead. The brand of Molten was visible on his chest with the straps of the golden armor across the upper part. His hair was placed in a series of ponytails, showing a graceful decline from the shorter side of his hair to his longer... the longest being draped over his shoulder plate because the length would hit the floor otherwise.

He looked over the room... slightly disinterested in the way the surface built things, but the work put into it had to be respected. He expected to get stared at... particularly from the Kislovan entourage. His game face was on and his calm and stern nature had settled in. After a moment, however, the tension of the priests caught his attention as he tried to listen in on what the distress was between the Red Warrior and Pecunia.
"If all things are energy and a wizard is a master of manipulating it, then as a politician am I studying the greatest sorcery of all."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Most Heroic Male PC (2008)
Most Religious PC (2008/2006)
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Had there not been music, Elaine would have truly been blind, but with each note rolling from one of the instruments in the corner, she felt a bit of the room surrounding her. Trio of adhiels playing the music truly poured their souls into it, filling the Aether with warm, gentle breeze of emotion that caressed the blind bard's cheek. From where they stood she could not hear Sosa, but she could see her aura, shining brightly in the Aether, singing to her with the soothing voice. Where there was just a single voice, now there were two, singing together, to the rhythm of two joined heartbeats. Despite the difference in strength of them, her strong, clear tone did not drown the smaller one in its intensity, nurturing the fledgling note and holding it aloft almost proudly. Next to her the joyful song of Hector was marred ever so slightly with a note of irritation, though it was greatly tempered by the happiness he felt when basking in Sosa's presence.

Despite Ulder's prediction, Hector did not move away from the lady paladin, simply evading her poke to the ribs before coming to her side, his words to her hidden from sight and by noise from the gathered people. The woman's smile grew as she shook her head, mouthing the same words once more. "Guess again." A moment later she chuckled and tilted her head before adding. "You have to guess. And yes I am sure you will like it." The game continued with Hector apparently guessing and failing to guess correctly, which seemeed to amuse Sosa quite a bit.

It took Anghiril a moment to notice Ashtalion's approach, the man's eyes narrowing a bit too slowly for someone with his reputation, a flicker passing before recognition dawned upon his face. "Master Urdil, a fellow adhiel rarely troubles me. As for Kislovan, how it fares would depend on what interests you there. The island is still there and the Queen still rules, but other than that the news we have received are far too numerous for me to relate all this evening. What would you like to know?"

Surprisingly Ssinith drew a few stares, but perhaps not as many as he had expected, the people in the room far too polite and well-mannered to allow such outbursts of curiosity. Lady Vlast was at his side, her dress matching his robe, though in a more feminine form, revealing very little to the eyes of surface dwellers. The argument between the priests was on the far end of the chamber, and he would have to traverse the entire Great Hall to get there. With the argument becoming more heated, a man in the white tabard of the Imperial Guard approached the Gulandur Ambassador and leaned polietly. "Your Excelence, would you like me to show you to your seat. I am Corporal Terry and I have been assigned as your aide tonight."

OOC: Theirian and Vlast. None others.
Anora Frollie
Rogue

Post by Anora Frollie »

Trying to look as though she had attended such events before, the little pickpocket stood straight, her height slightly increased by the high heels of her shoes. Her hair was a mass of wavy curls, held in some semblance of place by the tiara given her by Varesh to wear. The full lips were lightly tinted, a little gloss to make them seem recently kissed. Her eyes were outlined to emphasize their unusual aquamarine depths, which matched the main color on her dress.

Audrey had done an amazing job in so short a time, the gown a magical concoction to make one think of mermaids and the sea. Flashes of blue meshed with flashes of skin. Standing next to Varesh, he would be able to feel her nervousness, though she tried to show no outward sign. Looking up at him, she said, "Shall we take the palace by storm, milord?" There was a teasing note to her voice, though it didn't completely hide the slight tremble of nerves.
[color=darkblue][i][b]The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.[/b][/i][/color]
Dorothy Parker

[size=75]Avatar by Lena[/size]
Sosa
Civus

Post by Sosa »

OOC: Ok, deep breath, small steps.....I think I'm back!!

IC:
It felt strange to be here, and now. All these people, the colours, the noise. All these emotions.
Some were genuinely happy, others jealous, most of them power-hungry and waiting for a new Caesar to suck up to. Few were angry or even bloodthirsty.

Scanning around the room kept her mind of her own feelings. She did not want too think about them. It was just all too much at once.
She especially did not want to think about her feelings for the new Caesar, or worry about the future of the Empire. Instead she decided to focus on her own little world right now.

She nudged Hector and grinned "You'll never guess!". She waved to Elaine and Ulder and decided to try to make her way over there to say hello.
And maybe see if she could pick up something to eat on her way. She wondered if there would be any icecream....
[size=75]avatar by allavatars.com[/size]
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

It bothered S'sinith that the priests here would be in such heated debate before the coronation. Were they not aware of the great events? Would they not keep it respectful? At least the faiths where he came from knew the proper time to be unified.

At the approach of the Corporal he nodded respectfully. His cold expression softened a bit at being shown hospitality. His tone was calm and diplomatic, but his glancing eyes towards the arguing priests showed a hint of anger to them.

<Human>

"Namaste and thank you, good Corporal."

He waited to be led to his seat before asking the next question, as he wanted Lady Vlast to be seated and comfortable this early in the tide. The debate in the corner truly bothered him. A nation with divided faiths was a nation at war with itself. Though Gulanadur had the rivalries, they knew better than to squabble when it dealt with matters of the entire nation.

<Human>

"If I may I ask... what causes such unrest between the holy ones? This seems a time to be unified, not in debate."
"If all things are energy and a wizard is a master of manipulating it, then as a politician am I studying the greatest sorcery of all."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Ashtallion listened to the Lord with an expression of polite but genuine interest, " Ah, yes I should have been more specific. " he laughed gently, " Well....upon my departure....the issure regarding the Leader of the Brotherhood, a depressing topic I know during such a joyous event, but I would enquire as to what has happened to him. Last I saw he was being taken away into custody? "

" And I would ask after my.....relatives. If you know how they fare? "
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

The table Ssinith was lead to was near the head of the chamber, a dozen or so paces from the seat set for the new Caesar and with a perfect view of the spot where ceremony was to take place. It also led them closer to the arguing priests though the debate calmed down somewhat by the time they came, priest of the Red Warrior refusing to talk to the Pecunian High Priestess, with Mother Abeaja of the Mother's faith mediating between the two. "Oh, nothing to worry yourself about, Your Excellence. Merely a dispute over the intricacies of the ceremony. I am sure they will come to terms quickly. If not, Master Belish will be here shortly and will solve the problem no doubt." The man drew a step back, leaving {b]Ssinith[/b] and Lady Vlast some privacy, Thierian taking up position behind the Ambassador.

As they entered, Varesh and Anora passed by a pair of ladies gossiping near the door, overhearing a snippet of conversation. "You say that Secretary Silk is away on business? The nerve of that man, to put himself over the Caesar." At her words, Varesh gasped, looking almost startled, patting his left hip for a flicker. "Damn, left my sword back at Blackbridge. We could ask one of the nice guards here to borrow us a pair of swords so we can do the storming thing." He smiled and patted her hand reassuringly, leaning to whisper. "Calm down, my dear. You look perfect." He waved off a servant that came to offer assistance, leading her to a spot dangerously close to the main table where Caesar and the greatest officials of the Empire would sit. Opposite her sat a pair of dark adhiel, a man and a lady, both dressed in gold and black tones.

Anghiril snorted and shook his head at Ashtalion's question. "Leader of the Brotherhood...... HA, that was a fake. It turned out he was just another human who sought to make himself greater than he rightly deserves. And being human he deserved little. Stupid sod thought it would make him famous or something, but soon the Brotherhood struck again and Wolf was leading them." He shrugged and continued in a lower tone. "He was executed nonetheless, and parts of his body were hung on the squares of every major settlement in Kislovan. Just as he deserved." He waved a servant closer and picked a glass of white wine before continuing. "I fear you will have to remind me of your relatives and again be a bit more precise."

Sosa would find that ice-cream was readily available, and surprisingly a big bowl was placed just along her way towards Ulder and Elaine. Several flavors were mixed in the bowl, shaped into a flowery pattern by someone with far too much time on their hands. Brown, red, green and yellow were the prevailing colors, the bowl scented like citrus as she approached. Hector proved to be quite stubborn, following the soon-to-be-mother and leaning to whisper. "Of course I will bloody never guess. You aren't making it easy. Give me a damned hint so I can at least know what we are talking about."
Last edited by Grey Wolf on Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

Ssinith sighed at the scene and shook his head, slowly taking his seat next to Lady Vlast. His gaze reflected a headache as he leaned on the table and rubbed his brow, speaking with Lady Vlast.

<Adhiel>

"Is this why Molten made me the Firebrand? To avoid the petty arguments of the priests? Some things never change, even on the Surface. Did this priests of our nation argue so much at the crowning of our Queen? Part of me wants to go over there and..."

He clenched his free hand and winced, trying to hold back his anger at the religious idiocy. He relaxed after a moment, but sighed and held back the rising volcano lest he be a hypocrite.

<Adhiel>

"Well, they seem to be calm now. Authorities of the gods... yes, they act like their children, that is certain. I will admit, I can be a brat sometimes, but during a coronation of the head of the Empire?"

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Anora Frollie
Rogue

Post by Anora Frollie »

Anora quickly stored away the gossip for later, wondering who this 'Silk' was and how it could be used to her advantage. She needed every little trick if she was going to get what she wanted. Just barely keeping from biting her lower lip, a little half-smile, its tone a bit wicked, slipped on to her full lips, giving her angelic face a devilish cast, but in a good way. She looked like the cat who ate the canary and was enjoying it.

"Blast it. Ah well, we'll just have to take it in a more subtle way then," she said as they moved forward. Vanir and Varesh's training soon came in handy as she walked confidently, but with a slow sensual swish, on Varesh's arm, her large eyes noting their direction. They fastened for a moment on the high table, wishing they were there, but then realizing it would block her view of the Caesar. No, down a bit suited better for her plan.

She noted the two dark adhiels, her little pointy ears trying to pick up on anything they said.
[color=darkblue][i][b]The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.[/b][/i][/color]
Dorothy Parker

[size=75]Avatar by Lena[/size]
Thrandil
Hunter, Lieutenant Emerald Guard

Post by Thrandil »

A tanned Adhiel walked into the Great Hall. His jet black hair tied in a tail fell over his shoulders and his green eyes made a distinct feature in his face. He wore a tattered green tabard with the symbols of the Emerald Guard of Taquar, still fresh from the battle in Dort with the wolves. Thrandil stood still for a moment, taking in as much of the persons in the room as he could. The people who were there... the splendour of the decorations... the Adhiel music. Sure, Penth could try to do his thing here, but I don't think this trio will give their spot away to him he thought.

Then he spotted her. A beautiful woman standing alone, yet there was something about her... the way she was standing, or more so readjusting her footing. Then he noticed it... Her way of doing remind him of the village elder back at Pan's Isle. She was blind too, just like this woman here.

Refusing to believe any good man would leave his lady, blind or not, like this, made him feel sorry for her. He approached Elaine carefully, trying not to scare her, even though she would probably notice him soon enough, if their wouldn't be too much noise around.

He cleared his throat some five feet away from her. "Milady, may I be so bold to introduce myself? I am Thrandil Mael-Muire, General of Diplomatic Affairs to the Reborn Emerald Guard of Taquar." he said, hoping she would reply. This woman couldn't see his tattered tabard and would probably not ask as much about the why and how as the others, who were probably casting looks at him now and then. He had known his appearance wasn't that good at the moment, but it was the truth and everyone should know it.
Last edited by Thrandil on Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ulder
Erstwhile Soldier

Post by Ulder »

It seemed that Sosa was locked in her conversation with Hector and didn't hear him. It was fine with Ulder, he knew he would have an opportunity to speak with her later on. He wanted to tell her of his plan to go out west and make a difference, and that he was taking some of the old Purple Guard with him and how proud he was that so many had volunteered to come and help. He wasn't quite sure how his former Commander would react, but he was confident that she would support the idea if nothing else.

He stayed true to his feelings of abandonment by the council, but the grudge was a small one now, a dying ember from once white hot rage. He bore little malice towards Hector and a handful of others, but he still remembered nonetheless. He could look past it all now, but the memory gave him a shield to wield and keep his attitude and posture towards several of them as merely nothing more than an aloof warmth. As they spoke privately, about what Ulder could only guess, he retrieved a glass of fine wine for his wife and as he turned back, he saw an Adhiel in the garb of the Emerald Guard speaking to Elaine.

For a moment his heart jumped into his throat, for his first thought was that the Adhiel blademaster Theorn had arrived. Upon a closer look, he realized this man was not his old, lifelong friend, but another. Still seeing a member of the Emerald Guard was a pleasant surprise. He hovered back for a bit, allowing Elaine time to respond to him, and then he brought the wine over to her.

"Here you are." He said, placing the delicate crystal glass into her reaching hand.

"Namaste." He said to the Adhiel. It was one of the few words he knew in the tongue of the Adhiel people, Elaine had been teaching him a bit here and there. "Eabh ta seodhiu."

I hope I got that right.

"I am Ulder of House Synkaaros. I was once great friends with a member of your esteemed order. His name is Theorn. Do you know of him?"

Thrandil
Hunter, Lieutenant Emerald Guard

Post by Thrandil »

Thran looked at this man. It was the man the bard had told him about. How nice it was to meet him here, a friend of the Adhiel. And he knew Theorn. This couldn't be much better. A smile formed upon his face.

How was it again... he had learned some human in the Emerald Guard. Theorn and Derron thought it vital... and it had been... but how again... he thought and seemed to be looking for words. Then it came to him again, as he thought of Craghley, the human speaker in the Emerald Guard.

"Well met, Ul-der-rohn. Sorry for language. My human not good. Excuse me flicker." he said and turned to Elaine, in Elven. "Lady, would you be so kind to explain this man my words, if I might not be clear to him, if you can that is." he asked her.

"Maybe my Lieutenant help translate when arrives. He should be short.", cursing himself for his lack of knowing the human language in a place like this. "For your question, yes. Past captain Theorn was my training master when I was trainee. We battle Orcs and Demon together. Without him, I be nothing now I think. Where you know from?" he asked, and even before the former captain could response, he continued.

"I met bard in guard room. Penth. He telling tales of you and Adhiel fight. Praise upon you, Elf-friend. He arrive short too."
Med

Post by Med »

Penth bumbled about while he found his way to the ceremony chamber... Getting lost in thought at this painting.. this rock, that odd mark on the floor. It truely was an amazing palace and his eyes grew wide in enthrallment far more interesting than any barn he had slept in, but not quite as comfortable as a nice patch of grass in the woods.

The minstrel smiled brightly as he heard the music, liking it, but gave a slight smirk.

These ballad bands really have to go... Keep trying guys there's a new age coming.

He chuckled to himself a bit as he spotted Thrandril... and....

"Ulderon!!!" he blurted out a little too loudly for decorums sense and rushed over ready to hug him right where he stood despite any aqwardness.
There are two ways in life everything can go. Think about consequences and what doing bad will reflect on your future and vice versa. Karma is the mantra of life.
Elaine
Royal Poet

Post by Elaine »

Elaine blinked when hearing the clear sound of two songs in one, realizing what it meant. A smile grew on her face as she turned to face the floor. It would not do to let the commander know that contrary to her beau, she had guessed.

Someone else's decided footsteps came her way and she turned. "Thrandil Mael-Muire, well met. My name is Elaine Synkaaros. Good to know relations are picking up between the Citadel and Taquar."

The Achadhiel made a small curtsy.

Only a flicker later Ulder returned. With a radiant smile Elaine took the glass and stepped into his free arm. It felt good to have his warmth around her. Even though this Thrandil and all others undoubtedly meant well, it was a true chore to try and seperate all voices -inner or outer ones.

Ulder's pronounciation was not bad, pretty good, actually, considering how little Elaine herself had picked up along the way. Living with her human mother had not exactly made the Adhiel language easy to learn.

There was something in Thrandil's manners that set her off. Too many assumptions in one sentence. Even one that had not been raised in the upper corners should know to be careful with the newly met. A little frown appeared and was as quickly wiped off again. She answered in reasonably, slow Adhiel: "You assume much, but I admit you are right. I lack many words. I suggest you stick to the human tongue. You sound nicer with it."

The girl winced as a loud voice was added to the mix and tried to step aside in order not to get caught in what seemed to be a rather fervent hug.
There is so much to see, yet so few willing to.
[i]Jonah Bannon[/i]

Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Ashtallion waved his hand, " Forget I mentioned them, terms with them were not the best....well at least not with the cousin I have never met. My sister and I are potential heirs for the family House. Some members of my...family...are not too pleased with that. " he shrugged and smiled lightly.

" However I am secure enough here in Citadel. My position and own power ensure such. If I may be so blunt, Lord, but you look somewhat tired....was it a hard journey from Kislovan? "
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre
Wolf, Commander Emerald Guard

Post by Draydis Quinn D`Anorre »

Draydis had spent a short bit in his room, removing the dirt and blood from the recent battle in Dort. His uniform was still somewhat tattered from the claws of the wolves, but it was worn with pride and honor.

The former Commander and present General of the Emerald Guard walked confidently into the room where all were present. As his training had taught him, Draydis scanned the room for familiar faces, signs of danger, and points of entry and exit. He hoped that the evening would go off without a hitch, but knew it never hurt to be prepared for anything. His well-used short swords hung from his hips in the scabbards they were issued with when he first joined the Guard.

His hardened black leather armor remained in his room. He wore clothes of jet black that were covered with his black and silver tabard that indicated the rank of Commander of the Guard.

Thran and Dray had talked about making new uniforms, but they had not yet had the opportunity. For now, this uniform was all he had.

His eyes continued to scan through the room, he nodded in a friendly manner towards those that looked at him. He figured that the presence of the Emerald Guard, especially one that was tattooed such as him, was not expected at this place, so he did his best to appear friendly. It was a stretch for Draydis. He was a constant warrior.

It was then that he saw a somewhat familiar figure. The golden hair...the way he moved...Draydis knew that he had met the adhiel somewhere before. He walked towards Ashtallion, but did not yet speak with him, as he was involved with another conversation. From a closer point of view, Draydis was certain that they had met, but still could not put his finger on when or where...

ooc: I'm assuming that he was allowed to wear his weapon belt, but if not, please let me know, and I'll edit out the swords.
Raevyn: Serving billions and billions since Sam. 15.

DMD Member since 2005
Med

Post by Med »

Penth looked at Ulder and then Elaine in his arm.. then Ulder.. then Elaine.. and again a few more times. Stammering a bit he guessed that this was the girl Ulderon had been out to rescue when they had last spoken. He certainly was not the farmer boy he used to know, Ulderon was quite the man and looked one of respect. The minstrel fealt a bit of pride for his friend looking at the two. Giving a little more coutesy after the perhaps unwanted hug and blanch of emotion...

"I see you are quite well my friend?" he said in a questioning manner but his little smirk meant he knew the answer to that one, who couldn't.

"And I am sorry my lady I'm a wandering fool.. I mean minstrel, but most of the time they call me Penth except on bad performances then they call me "Get him!"" the bard finished with a sheepish shrug.

"Oh and glad I could find you Master Thrandril quite the crowd in here.. Where are the others?" he scanned around a bit distracted and spotted Draydis seemingly lost as well and gave a nod to come join them.
There are two ways in life everything can go. Think about consequences and what doing bad will reflect on your future and vice versa. Karma is the mantra of life.

Return to “The Citadel proper Archive”