Dort OOC

Moderators: Vanadius, Mods

Turi
Special Branch

Dort OOC

Post by Turi »

Questions? Suggestions? Announcements? Just wanna chat? An OOC thread for all your OOC needs.
[size=75][i][b]"If it were clear in my mind, I should have no incentive or need to write about it. We do not write in order to be understood; we write in order to understand." -C. Day-Lewis[/b][/i]

Avatar by enayla at allavatars.com[/size]
Mairi Armstrong
Envoy

Post by Mairi Armstrong »

Thanks Turelie :)
~The shadowy mountains and the echoing sea~
[size=75]avatar made from a photo by [url=http://www.sxc.hu/profile/alesia17]alesia17[/url][/size]
Turi
Special Branch

Post by Turi »

Hey guys - I think several of you already know but for those who haven't heard - Adanedhel has re-joined the Dort mod team as a supporter, and will be covering threads in the crime and trade themes.

Welcome back!
[size=75][i][b]"If it were clear in my mind, I should have no incentive or need to write about it. We do not write in order to be understood; we write in order to understand." -C. Day-Lewis[/b][/i]

Adanedhel
Moderator & Coordinator Triangle Islands

Post by Adanedhel »

Hey all,

As some might have seen, I have begun posting. Still reading up though.

I'm glad to be back to the place where it all once started for me. First as a development supporter (which then was a separate position), then as location supporter and finally as Moderator -> Headmoderator -> Coordinator of Dort.

With time back on my hands I am trying to rejoin the modranks and am currently awaiting the next modding seminar by helping out with moderation of a few threads.

Glad to see some of the old faces in here that I used to mod. Hello Gavin! *hugs Amber* Hey Amber. *throws chocolates at See-RAH-wenn and huggles* Hey Syra!

And a hug to everyone who feels left out.

I'll post asap again and will holp up to 2-3 posts per week.

... Something wicked your way has come ...
Something wicked your way comes...

Posting rate: 2/week

Special:
[b]OOECP[/b] - [i]Grant[/i]ed by Maeve & Sosa
Turi
Special Branch

Post by Turi »

Hey guys

Some good news and some bad news. The bad news is that for the next couple of weeks, my internet access will be suckier than originally anticipated, while I move cities and start a new job. The good news is that I will have ridiculous amounts of time on my hands once I have actually settled in, so posting should be fairly frequent after that!

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Turi
Special Branch

Post by Turi »

Hey guys

I think many of you will already know, but for those who don't... I'm stepping down as coordinator of Dort. RL commitments have sucked up way more of my life than I originally anticipated, and I haven't been able to devote as much time and energy to the modding and development that this wonderful little corner of Taz needs. You guys all deserve better.

Fortunately, the legendary Tygress is returning from hiatus, and will be stepping into the breach. She'll be taking over some of your plots, while I'll be wrapping up others.

I know you'll all be as good to her as you have to me. :D

Tygress
Retired Game Designer

Post by Tygress »

Hello everyone! Welcome to Dort and I hope you enjoy your stay.

I'll be taking the reins over from Turi and I'd like to thank her for making it so completely painless and organized to do so, she's done a very good job coordinating things and I feel like I've got the most comfortable shoes to slip into.

Some of you may or may not remember me, it's a rather moot point, what matters is that I'm very excited to be back and working in Dort. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to pm me or come find me in chat!
[url=http://tygress.livejournal.com/]Tygress[/url]||[color=green][i]Tygress Who?![/i][/color]
Syra
The Chocolate Game Designer

Post by Syra »

Tigrrrrr :)

Thanks Turi, for a wonderful job! You really got us started :)

*huggles*
[size=75]Chocolate is not an addiction, it is a way of life.

[/size]
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

*hugs* covering a few threads here as a kinda of interim person. Hang on to the seats of your pants!
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Syra
The Chocolate Game Designer

Post by Syra »

Hanging on :)
[size=75]Chocolate is not an addiction, it is a way of life.

[/size]
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Greetings players of Dort! I'm back!

Tygress has been swamped with work hence the delay in our normal programming. I've offered to step into the breech and probably stick around afterwards. If you are waiting on a post please drop me a PM so that I don't miss anyone in the shuffle.

Thanks!
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Tygress
Retired Game Designer

Post by Tygress »

Just an update. I had to have my cat Jenna put down Tuesday night and while I certainly never thought of her as my 'child', she was my friend and companion for nearly six years and she was only eight. It was very sudden and I am not ashamed to admit, devastating. Distraction is good however and I'm trying to work on things.

My thanks to everyone who has been helping out, especially Maeve & Tristam!
Last edited by Tygress on Fri May 09, 2008 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://tygress.livejournal.com/]Tygress[/url]||[color=green][i]Tygress Who?![/i][/color]
Thrandil
Hunter, Lieutenant Emerald Guard

Post by Thrandil »

*puts his evilness aside for a moment and gives the Tygress a big huge great sweet cute cuddly bearguhhle*

Mithril Dragon Awards:

NOMINATION:
Most Heroic PC - 2008
Adanedhel

Post by Adanedhel »

I want to apologise for my disappearing... I hope it's not gonna happen again.

Special:
Morg

Post by Morg »

Hello Dort! I'm your new coordinator. :)

I'm starting with just the Out into the Sea thread, although I'll gradually be taking on more threads as and when they appear. The last time I tried to take on a storm spirit I ended up in the casualty ward, so I hope I can do better this time. ;)

Any questions, as always, ask them here or PM!
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]
Adanedhel

Post by Adanedhel »

Alright guys,

I hate to say, but internet is flaky for the past week at least. Been having more downtime than uptime. I hope to be able to post more, but I can not promise anything.

Hang in there and be sure to check now and then, so do I ;)

Love ya all!

Special:
Adanedhel

Post by Adanedhel »

Some might know as they know my PCs as well, but for those who didn't and wondered where I have been in the freakin' name of whatever deity, abomination, devil, demon, animal or aspect of whatever you give praise to:

Real Life has been quite unkind for me. For the second time in about half a year (last time was 2 days before christmas) I've been in a car accident. Pictures are up in Banter in the Survival of the Fittest thread.

Anyway, since I didn't want that influencing my posts I've been kind of hanging about, staying offline a lot.

So here's me...

Special:
Adanedhel

Post by Adanedhel »

I'll be gone for the weekend. Joining a LARP together with Elvin. Be back after and up to posting speed again too. :)

Special:
Morg

Post by Morg »

Halfway through my holiday now. I'm scooting off again tomorrow morning, but will try and get a post or two in before I go.

Welcome to Sofie, Joseph, and any other new Dort players who've managed to sneak in while I've been away! ;) :D
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]
Adanedhel

Post by Adanedhel »

TOnight last posty night this week for I'll be off tomorrow evening until sunday afternoon to a music festival in Belgium. hope to return back in one piece.

Will pick things up again on Monday.

Kind reggers,

Danny

Special:
Porcelina
Civus

Post by Porcelina »

Hello everyone. I am going to be away for a bit due to personal reasons. I will be unable to post in the thread I am currently tending to and with my PC. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and hope to be back soon. In the meantime, take care everyone and see you all soon.

Warm Regards,
Michelle
Guido Cercatoro
Moderator & Coordinator Pax

Post by Guido Cercatoro »

Take care - hope to see you back soon.
Porcelina
Civus

Post by Porcelina »

Hey guys, looks like I am back. Although posting may be sporadic at times, due to trying to settle things down in my neck of the woods. I apologize again for any inconvenience this may have caused and look forward to picking up where I left off. :)

-Michelle-
Guido Cercatoro
Moderator & Coordinator Pax

Post by Guido Cercatoro »

Welcome back!
Porcelina
Civus

Post by Porcelina »

I apologize for my lack of posting with Porcelina and Shylah Boyd. I thought I would have time to get around to them both, but sadly there are issues on the family front that I am having to take care of. My grandfather is in the hospital and not doing very well at all. I will get back to posting as soon as I can.
Sorry for the delay to the players I post with.

-Michelle-

Return to “Dort Archive”