A dream of darkness Chyril 26th..

Moderator: Mods

Med

A dream of darkness Chyril 26th..

Post by Med »

Penth finally rested it had seemed many a day since he had after much commotion where he had met both new an old friends again. But something bigger was happening and he could almost feel it in his soul that was which was took him in his sleep.

He gazed clearly as the mist surrounded him, but for some reason was unafraid. The minstrel knew his purpose and that he would face whatever came before him down even if he did have to do one thing.. kill.

The word in itself was utterly horrible to the bard, but he somehow knew he would have to kill again and it was not a matter to his liking.

Something seemed to charge from the mist and he looked desperatly around for any to protect him, save him, but the few he saw looked to be white and pale like newly born souls perhaps coming to life. There were six in total and they almost scared him more as he began to run.

His breath started growing short and he knew thre was little time. Could he face this on his own?

He watched the red eyes in the distance unsure and at all ends.
There are two ways in life everything can go. Think about consequences and what doing bad will reflect on your future and vice versa. Karma is the mantra of life.
Med

Post by Med »

The fog had made it difficult to see either his pursuer or what he was racing towards as the breath gasped out of him in cold bursts of exhaustive energy. Lungs burned like fire as he felt the glaring eyes of the other upon his back nearly searing it with it's disdain. Swirls of panic began to set in as there seemed no escaping . He had little hope of finding his way in the darkness and through the fog both.

Searing pain agonized his left shoulder as he was flung stumbling forward. almost collapsing on the ground from the pain his eyes caught the style of arrow that had seared him with recognition. He turned back looking slightly haunted, gripping his shoulder tightly.

Why him?

Another shot whisped by jest barely missing his cheek, but the sound of the nearly fatal missile made him cock his head ever slightly. Eyes widening as in the distance he could see just the softest glow of a white light.
Last edited by Med on Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are two ways in life everything can go. Think about consequences and what doing bad will reflect on your future and vice versa. Karma is the mantra of life.
Med

Post by Med »

Why him? I barely could have known him, but the arrow in his hand that day.

Tears blurred his eyes slightly from the pain as he ran towards the soft glow of light but, something else seemed awry. He was not sure wether to trust this light or not as he ran.

He plunged unexpectedly as yet another arrow barely missed the bard.. Falling and falling for what seemed an eternity to him. His life flashed before his eyes as he thought of his father and suddenly, vaguely his mother. He had never known his mother or had recollection of her at any time previous. A soft flute was playing to him in his mind as he plunged into the icy cold waters..

Gasping desperately for air, for sheer survival his hand grasped on fragments of ice, the remaining heat from his over exhausted body making them slippery and melting where he touched. Pupils enlarging in an increase of tension he saw the soft glow of light once more and gripped on a jagged edge.

High above on a cliff he could almost make out an albino adhhiel with his bow drawn aiming at him?
Thrandil
Hunter, Lieutenant Emerald Guard

Post by Thrandil »

Zing!

Thrandil let go of the bow arrow and it shot forward. The target on a cliff quite far away, but the man in the water could not be left to this hunter. No arrows would be fired at a man that couldn't defend himself.

Just as soon as he had shot it, he inched closer to the rim of the ice he stood on. On his knees, he put his arm in the water next to the arm of the human and gripped the man's forearm. "Hold on, I'll help you" he said, in fluent human, to his own astonishment.

The General was clad in the usual greens, with a sword at his side, quiver with arrows on his back and the bow on the ground beside him. Hurriedly he looked over his shoulder if the hunter was there.
Med

Post by Med »

The hunter on the cliff above dodged back into the mist nearly flowing into it. The red eyes shot back once though hazy. Still stalking it was uncertain at best.

Penth gasped for air as he took the adhiel's arm.. His leg felt hurt, bruised, etc. He was unsure and blood ran down his left shoulder. The chilling cold of the waters numbed the pain slightly for the moment as his eyes gazed up first to the cliff above, then to...

"Thrandril?"

The minstrel looked perplexed. He looked over the other man's shoulder he had been running towards that light, but could not see it at this flicker. His eyes looking haunted as he poke to the other everything seemed out of place, but it was still a bit difficult for him to focus as to how or where he was.

"Did you.. " the cold started seeping in from the chilling waters.. "did you hear the flute?" he asked as he was beginning to feel light headed from the injuries.
Med

Post by Med »

The hunter sought his way down the cliff disguised by the mist. There was a vendetta to be claimed this night it may not have been that bard who started it but he was large pat of why he was dead and living in this half way place... and the stupid cook was simply asleep.

He notched his bow once more ready to finish both as he found his ground down below. The mist cleared and an albino elf stood before them arrow raised to shoot at the heart.
Thrandil

Post by Thrandil »

Thran looked at the man. "Yes Penth, it's me. You will not die here, not today. It is not your time, you hear me?" he said and gave a pull, getting the bard halfway onto the ice.

It was then that the Emerald Guardsman noted the albino Adhiel. Looking up, anger in his eyes, Thran spoke to the elf.

"Namaste, stranger. Who are you and why are you firing on helpless people?" he said, looking straight into the blind eyes of the man. "Show me you are worth to be killing a friend of mine. Battle me, General of the Emerald Guard reborn out of the ashes of Taquar!" and pulled his longsword from it's sheath.
Med

Post by Med »

Emerald Guards were the ones that had made him this way. The bard would come next. He drew his own blade, a long sword of no significance, but venom was all he needed to make these two perish, perhaps then he would be released.

His eyes glowed in a most unnatural sense as he repeated the word "Namaste." it had little to no feeling to this spirit of hatred.

Words had no even been spoken in a long time as he hunted down them all in this half life.

He dropped the bow to the ground. "If he had not been so helpless perhaps I would be alive and this spy dead."

Penth looked up at Thran nothing made sense. Antos was dead. He had been dead for some time.Yet there was blood on his hand from where he touched his cheek. There was a horrible chill running the course of his boday as he fealt so helpless and Thran was going to fight for him. His anger began to whelm up for the first time ever.

The albino adhiel raised towards Thrandril slashing down towards the other's sword arm. The attempted assassin was one of dedicated thought and used such intellect when it came to battle.
Thrandil

Post by Thrandil »

Thran quickly turned away, bring his own sword up to block when needed to. He would not have someone speak ill of one that has fought side to side with the Emerald Guard. Both Penth and Ulder did so, their stories could not be untrue.

Pan, this is one of the times you would really come in handy, thus I pray to you that you warm the soul shivering on the ice as well as give me the skill to fight off this Adhiel who cares not for justice, but only for his own damn grudges. Penth is not a bad man, trust me, help me as you did before. he silently prayed to the Hooved One.

Then came his time, he let his sword swing from the side towards the Adhiel with all the strength he could muster, ready to step aside if the hunter would retaliate.
Med

Post by Med »

A soft glow started to illuminate Thrandril's sword as the block was met with a steadiness he may not have been used to. The blades slid together for a long moment intensifying the hatred of the other as he swung back around to do an over head chop. His eyes almost seemed to burn brighter as he sought to cleave all the way through the man's torso starting with the shoulder.

Penth looked at the bow. Slowly he started to drag himself towards it fearing his friend may be over matched. A sour expression spread across his face .. He would not let another friend die.
Thrandil

Post by Thrandil »

With the glow of his sword, he finally got his evidence that Pan was looking over him. His determination grew with it, and he knew this day an Adhiel would die by his blade. The General dropped down and tried to swing his sword towards the legs of the albino, hoping to either hurt him or knock him prone.

He hoped Penth would somewhat recover, as he didn't know if he could fight a man in the land of dreams on his own. Who knew what powers he would have? There had been demons here before and if this was the case again, it would end in a really nasty way for Thran.
Med

Post by Med »

Wether it was Pan that guided his blade or a determination lent to his spirit was uncertain yet it struck true... The ghastly creature was caught in the leg and toppled over spilling a dark ichor from the wound to the ground. Two horrid shrieks sounded out as attention had been drawn.

They were in the darkest corners of the aether as dark as it gets.

The undead Antos screamed fouly at Thrandril, "This is but my leg I will have your soul."

Despite the bravado he gave a lunge of unsteadiness hoping to drive his sword through the adhiel's chest in a final plunge.

Penth looked beyond the mist as two things circled over head. His mind was clearing slowly as he picked up the bow.. and found one arrow. He did not know how to use it and even if he did should he help Thrandril or shoot at the horrible beasts above?

He looked back at Thrandril desperatly and notched the bow praying to the mother..
Thrandil

Post by Thrandil »

The General was having trouble to fight Antos off when the shrieks came. Not more of the crap that's trying to get me killed he thought and kicked Antos against his wound, in hopes of getting him to whimper for a flicker.

The sword came flashing towards Thran and he tried to roll away, his left arm being grazed and the green slashed, now already turning a deep red from the little blood seeping out.

He tried to keep the beasts above out of his mind and focus on fighting the undead adhiel as well as keeping Pan close to his side. He'd need all the help he could get, and the best there was right now, was in the deity that had led him more than once already.
Med

Post by Med »

The adhiel schreached with the pain tumbling back.. The cry of pain made them swoop down..

Lizard like in their apearance with a blackisk scaly skin. Human nearly in form despite the feet of cleft horses. Fire brandind around their eyes and sword. Only two so far that Thrandril could see.

Antos began slumping his way off.. These were not his allies.

Penth stood up and looked at Thrandril he had the bow raised but could not look. They were going to die!
Thrandil

Post by Thrandil »

Thran didn't know the beasts, but his adversary was choosing to flee. Searing down, they could take out any of them, and Thran told Penth it was not his time to die. There was only one thing he could do to be sure of saving his bard friend.

Thran tried to get closer to Penth, and at the last moment, with all his power, he tried to jump for the bard, taking him down against the ice hard, covering him, as best he could so the birds wouldn't be able to get him.

He hoped however, the birds would be going for Antos, by the smell of blood, but Thran knew, that they could also smell his blood.
Med

Post by Med »

unfortunately Thrandril's gesture made Penth fire his one arrow.. It lunged into the beasts side by pure mistake.

It toppled fast to the ground as Thrandril pushed the bard to the ground .

A loud crash rose up with a spray of water jettisoning over the duo as their groundings began to give way. The ice began to break apart and both realized that they were on the frozen river bed beneath the water fall.

There was a terrible shriek as the other predator ripped something from Antos. They could not see it but the cry was obvious.

Penth looked down at the sharp ice and a chill ran up his spine as he looked at Thrandil.

"I need a weapon." his eyes were blank with desperation as he began beating on the edge of the ice.

The shrieks stopped in the distance.
Thrandil

Post by Thrandil »

Thran shivered for a moment as the cry reached their ears. He was wet, cold, and in immediate danger, life seemed to take the same turns everywhere he went. He shoved his sword towards Penth as he himself reached for the bow again.

Knocking an arrow, he was thinking if he should shoot the beast that just had ripped something off of Antos, or if he should shoot Antos himself.

Deciding the beast wasn't a threat to them, and Antos had tried to kill him just flickers before, he let go of the arrow, aiming for Antos' lower back, keeping in mind wind and distance.
Med

Post by Med »

A radiance of light flashed as Thrandrils arrow sank into the ghastly adhiel's cranium. Things began to dim. The venomous demons slowly retreating leaving the two on the shattered ice.

Penth looked down he hadn't used the blades.

"I didn't use them Thrandil," he handed them back. "Antos was right I will fail you all."
Thrandil

Post by Thrandil »

"Don't be so negative Penth. Why would you fail us? One will never fail if his heart is set out to help, even if he doesn't dare fighting, encouraging words might be enough in times of dire need. Do you think I've always been the brave soul going head first into battle? I'm scared shitless when battle begins. I get my strength from Pan, from the thoughts of why I'm fighting. However, it's not like I want to fight. That's why I chose to handle diplomatic affairs for the guard. I'm a fighter, but I realise very well that words may do more than steel."

With that, he stood up and extended his hand toward Penth, "Now get up... friend."
Med

Post by Med »

Penth looked at the blades as he handed them back.

Thrandil from the start of my life I have ran. How can I protect a friend, a belief, even myself like that?'

I can't.

"you were stronger, but what of tomorrow?" he looked at the other and he did appreciate all the adhiel had done, but..

"I don't want a friend to die just because I am weak. I have fought I have killed before if I must in the name of friends I will so again but I can't fail them like this.. When I grabbed the bow.."

his words fell short
Thrandil

Post by Thrandil »

Thran looked at Penth. He kind of sympathised with him.

"Penth, when you took the bow you didn't shoot as a reaction. Which I am glad of. You had options. The birds who didn't pose an immediate thread, or the albino, who did, but by taking aim at Antos, you could've hit me too. It's better to let men fight, than mingle in the fight with a high probability of wounding an ally. When the beasts came searing down for Antos or for me, you shot. Be it because you wanted to, or as a reaction, you shot nonetheless. And maybe it has saved my life, who knows." he said and helped his friend getting up from the ice.

"I'm sure you will never disappoint a true friend. If the albino had a grudge against you, he can not have been a true friend, unless it was you who put a dagger into his heart."
Med

Post by Med »

Penth got up once more at the arm of the adiel

Things were going dark as he began to awaken.

"Raevyn killed Antos my friend that's why he hunts us."

Darkness slipped in ending the dream world.

(OOC feel free to post one last time and thanks for coming think we got this one wrapped up though :))
Thrandil

Post by Thrandil »

As the dreamworld faded away, Penth could hear Thran's voice trailing. "Raevyn always had a pleasure in her combat kills..."

ooc: there we go. Ended, and twas nice to post with you.

Return to “Erulzat Archives”