Baron Estates: OOC

These estates surrounding the larger cities of the WK include Pax Balthasar, Brie and several other smaller grounds. The barons rule supreme and intent on holding on to their belongings.

Moderators: Vanadius, Morg, Guido Cercatoro, Mods

Kaelara Mentahn
Shopkeeper

Post by Kaelara Mentahn »

Craghley - but of course. :D :oops: Of course, now I'm all self-conscious... hehe. At the moment, I must admit to living in awe of your brogue. Hehe, I always seem to butcher my own attempts (not for Kaelara, of course)

Guido - will do! At the moment, here are a few thoughts that come to mind:

*Tannery (lots of game nearby, and a few enterprising folks might start utilizing leather for goods) - this would probably be outside the city walls, I've heard it can be quite a pungent place...
*Smithy (didn't see one currently, and this seems rather an important place for a growing town); Who else to fix horse-shoes? Hehe...
*Brewery - this might arise more after the addition of grain supply (if those trade agreements are successful).

What I wouldn't include: In my not so humble opinion ;), I don't think anyone would (overtly) be building shrines or temples to any deities - barring, perhaps Oneists, if anyone - as I think suspicion of authority would still be quite strong. If anything were being constructed, I would think it would be outside the walls of Pax.
Last edited by Kaelara Mentahn on Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar courtesy of www.allavatars.com - Electra
Guido Cercatoro
Moderator & Coordinator Pax

Post by Guido Cercatoro »

A brewery, of course, I can't understand why I didn't think of this :wink:
Of course, if Baltimus ever returns, he'll probably set up his own.

As for a smithy, well there is one operated by Dartimos' brother although I never turned it into a formal location...I'll put this on the to do list :)
Guido Cercatoro

A big welcome to Gaelena who will be joining the Pax modding team as a supporter. :)
Kaelara Mentahn
Shopkeeper

Welcome back to Pax! :)
Gaelena

Post by Gaelena »

Well, back in one way or another! *chuckles* Thanks.
[i]Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will.[/i]
George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

[size=75]Avatar by Lena[/size]
Ulder
Erstwhile Soldier

Post by Ulder »

Yay Gaelena!

Welcome Welcome!
[url=https://tazlure.nl/board/viewforum.php?f=404]Ulder's Compendium[/url]

[size=67]Avatar by permission of Amok. http://en.amokanet.ru/[/size]
Craghley

Post by Craghley »

Welcome, marthter, welcome! May you never leave!

(departs with a mad, hunch-backed Igor shuffle)
Guido Cercatoro

I have now added a few new locations and several NPCs to the wiki which may give some of you some new avenues to explore :wink:
Kaelara Mentahn
Shopkeeper

Sorry I've been incommunicado for a few days - a beastly amount of work and being a bit under the weather combined at just the wrong moment. I should be back now, and will try to catch up some posts. ;)
Guido Cercatoro

I'm a little slow in posting at the moment due to a deadline for a project at work. I should be back on track in a couple of days.
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

Post by Raevyn D`Altamooriana »

I'm back too, sorta kinda. The month before inventory at work... is hell. It's over now, and I should be posting more regularly.
The fiddler fiddled his violin which smelled horribly like fresh afterbirth boiled in cabbage.

© Marta @ www.marta-dahlig.com
Guido Cercatoro

Good to see you back Rae :).
Kaelara Mentahn
Shopkeeper

Hey folks, I'm taking an online class with some pretty slim margins for the online tests/quizzes. It's not a class I'm struggling too much with, but it's reducing my mid-week posting times enough I thought I better post it here. I will be more active later in the week (Thurs/Fri/Sat) and will try to follow up with posts when inspiration strikes or I find I have more time earlier in the week. ;)
Last edited by Kaelara Mentahn on Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Craghley

Post by Craghley »

Sounds like fun, Kae. You go blitz those tests, y'hear?
Guido Cercatoro

I have decided to bow out of Kings Court to allow me time to concentrate on Pax. This should give me time and space to do background work, quicker posts etc....so, beware :wink: ...

FYI here's the announcement I posted in the KC forum

Changes in Modding arrangements

I have now been the co-ordinator and main mod for both KC and Pax for around eighteen months. At first, it was relatively easy to cover the two areas as both had only 3-4 players. However, both locations have seen a big expansion over the last year and there are now over a dozen active players in both areas. As a consequence, at times, I have had to cover 20-25 threads which is simply too much to do with a fulltime job and family.

So, I have reluctantly decided to step down from KC and concentrate on Pax. Danomel, who has been helping out here in recent months, will take over as the main mod after this weekend and take things forward.

*Cheers for Danomel*

I’ll be staying around for a little while to deal with the threads surrounding the succession (particularly Seb and Yin) and I will also continue with the current threads I have with Ophelia and Tyrone. Danomel will take over other threads. During the transition it is possible posts may slow for a while but be patient until the new regime is in place and PM one of us if anything gets ignored for too long.

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my time here. It’s been great to see the forum rise from the ashes to become very active with some great players.

*bows out with a tear*
Kaelara Mentahn
Shopkeeper

While I am very sad for King's Court... :cry:

I am thrilled for us. ;) \:D/ Pax simply would not be the same without you! Thanks for sticking with us, and all you do to make your parts of Tazlure come alive for us all. :)

~Kaelara
Kaelara Mentahn
Shopkeeper

Besides a test in my class, being sick for over a week, etc. I dropped off the face of Taz. Sorry!

I will catch up by this weekend, but just wanted to send a little note to let you know I'm still here!
Syra
The Chocolate Game Designer

Post by Syra »

*huggles*
Careful with yourself :)
[size=75]Chocolate is not an addiction, it is a way of life.

[/size]
Kaelara Mentahn
Shopkeeper

Okay - and last weekend was a busy holiday weekend. But I've set aside this morning for nothing about Tazzy goodness. So sorry for the posts I've made folks wait for.
Guido Cercatoro

Welcome back to posting Kaelara...I was beginning to miss you :wink:
Kaelara Mentahn
Shopkeeper

Aw thanks. :) Life is just crazy sometimes! After some careful thought, I'm refining my priorities slightly. Definitely need Taz, but I will be focusing on Kaelara, and not spend more time on a second PC for the time being. So I should be back!

~K
Trajan Constantine Aeneas
Civus

Post by Trajan Constantine Aeneas »

Alright guys, it is that time again. By that I mean that I am going to be forced to take an extended leave of absence. I can't say when I will return, as I don't know. This absence I fear, will be protracted. Guido, I will be contacting you via PM as soon as I finish posting this. I wish you all the best in my absence and hope life is treating you better than it is presently treating me. Good luck, and good times.
Guido Cercatoro

As you will all have seen from Grey Wolf's post in banter, we are soon to enter recess. I'll be working on events in Pax during the recess over the next few days but I'm happy to have any input from you all either here or by PM.

Is there anything new you'd like to see in Pax? Do you want your current plot lines tied up or to continue post-recess? Any ideas for major events in the recess? Any suggestions at all are welcome.

Oh, and an early warning. Guido and family are off to Portugal for vacation in early July, so I won't be posting from approx 4th-14th July.
Shylah Boyd
Civus

Post by Shylah Boyd »

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am back now, so my posts will be going back to normal. Computer and internet is up and going. :)
"Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it."
-Tori Amos
Guido Cercatoro

Welcome back Shylah :D

Return to “The Baron Estates”