Raevyn and Thrandil Coronation sidethread

Moderator: Mods

Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

Raevyn and Thrandil Coronation sidethread

Post by Raevyn D`Altamooriana »

Thran smiled as his question was bounced back to him. Maybe she had something to hide, maybe not. He didn't care right now. He just needed someone to talk to. He thought back of the day they had fought the demon together, but shrugged it away.

"I was never lost in combat, Rae. Though many may have thought so. Draydis and I had searched Elevie, the missing princess, and when we found her, I stayed with her to protect her while Draydis set back to Taquar in order to inform Theorn and Derron. After a few weeks on a pirate ship, Elevie decided it was best to go back and help her own people, but when we arrived back in Taquar, the Orcs were upon us. I don't know where she has gone, only that she has been lost since. I was sent towards the West, to ask for their help, but the woods were ablaze where I moved towards. I barely could escape and followed a group of Oneists to Dort. There I met with Draydis again and what we think is left of the Emerald Guard. It's not much more than a dozen of us and most of them have seen their first battle only in Dort. Upon hearing of the coronation here, we portalled and here we are, trying to get allies. A bard introduced me to a former captain of the disbanded guard here. A nice man, so far as I've seen. I'm meeting up with him later today, and will probably set out to travel with him tomorrow."

There, that was that, he had told his part, maybe now his former comrade-in-arms would tell what has been happening on her part. He knew Dray and she hadn't been the nicest of friends lately, but it was not his responsibility to judge the grudges between them.

"On a sidenote, you look wonderful today Rae, much less the killing guardswoman you used to be." he addedl, in hopes of softening her a bit up.

[hr]
Raevyn smiled. It was odd how Thranny could always seem to do that, make her smile. "You must have me mistaken cousin. I only kill when I have to, you have seen that for yourself on many occasion."

Again, the assassin was reluctant to keep the focus on the conversation on her and she again carefully eluded talking about her by talking about him instead.

"You look well though, and that is good to see," she idly said to him. It was nothing more than minor chit chat. The shock of seeing him again had worn off and she had eased her guard slightly.

Raevyn the moved slightly, to position herself so that her back was firmly against a wall. It was habit for her and she made sure to do it in a way that wouldn't offend her fellow Guardsman.

"I see that you still wear your ring proudly," she then said to him as she noticed him wearing the very same kind of ring that adorned her finger as well. "What brings you here?"[/hr]
The fiddler fiddled his violin which smelled horribly like fresh afterbirth boiled in cabbage.

© Marta @ www.marta-dahlig.com
Thrandil
Hunter, Lieutenant Emerald Guard

Post by Thrandil »

Thran frowned on Raevyn's question. "As I already pointed out, my friend, I'm here trying to gather allies for the Emerald Guard. Draydis and I are set on getting the lands of Taquar back and Elevie on the throne. We need political support if we want to do that." he said, his eyes squinting a bit.

She didn't talk, he did. He did lots of it. He hoped to soften her and it didn't seem to have worked. The new General would have to use the direct approach now. "What have you been up to yourself, Rae? Any battles for the Guard?" he asked her, hoping he would get some information of her whereabout after the battle where the adhiel lost Taquar.

He didn't like the way she was acting, the conversation, but didn't seem to get any thoughts about the fact she was settling into the wall.
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

Raevyn nodded as her comrade spoke. It wasn't like her to forget something so quickly, maybe that was because she was busy scanning the crowd, or just because the assassin had on many things.

"Why does the guard need allies," she asked of her adhiel counterpart. As far as she knew, things with the Guard were still ok for the most part. She had got no news from them or of them for the better part of a yahren. Raevyn still considered herself a member of the Emerald guard of course, even though she had no recent contact with them. Nothing would've lead her to believe otherwise.

"As for me," she began as she answered his most recent question. "The last mission for the Guard sent me to King's Court once more. It was awhile ago and have lost contact with them as I haven't been able to return to Taquar."

Raevyn touched lightly on a few details of her recent past. The happenings of King's Court, how she ended up Pan's Isle which was later renamed Aveas after the war. She also spoke of the her part in the war, her successful negotiations during the war, and subsequent winding up in The Citadel.

Raevyn still refused to go into anything personal about herself though. She didn't mention her new devotion to the dark mother, Anasati. She didn't tell him of her desires to spread her religion or how she felt herself to be a sort of priestess for Anasati. Also left out was her wanting to start her own temple to the mother.

In fact, Raevyn kept alot back from Thrandil. To her, it was nothing that he should be concerned about. He gave her no reason not to trust in him, but that didn't stop her from feeling a little uneasy about him suddenly showing up in her life once more.
The fiddler fiddled his violin which smelled horribly like fresh afterbirth boiled in cabbage.

Thrandil

Post by Thrandil »

Thran listened carefully to Raevyn's words. She had been more pro-active than he himself had been. Then again, he was tied up protecting Elevie for a while on the Attica. However, the question she asked nagged in the back of his head while he listened to her. There was no way to evade the answer, for she was an Emerald Guard after all.

"We are yet again recruiting able fighters for the Guard, Raevyn. The War of the One, you must've heard about it? Taquar has been burnt to the ground by the Western Kingdom. Or at least, that's my best guess. One of our sides was attacked by hordes of Orcs and Daemons, the other side was set ablaze from the West. My guess is upon command of King's Court." he said, looking grim.

"I'm sorry, Rae. All we once fought for, side by side, is now lost into our memory. As far as we know, Draydis, you and me are the only ones who survived with considerable training. Along with a handful of men, we came here from Dort. It might be all that's left of the Emerald Guard... of Taquar even."

He remembered everything from the last time Dray and he had split up, back in the City of Trees. People going everywhere, the Emerald Guard with Draydis as it's Commander fighting back the Orcs and Daemons. The princess fleeing, and Thran sent out to get help from the Western Kingdom, but he met flames on the way. Taquar was lost, and he knew it. If only they could find Alantha Darkstar and Elevie once again. If only he could make dreams come true for once...
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

Raevyn raised a gloved hand to her lips when Thrandil spoke of what had happened in Taquar, her adopted home. She knew of the War, she had partaken in it, she had helped with the negotiations that ended it. Yet the news of Taquar was enough to get a visible reaction from the usually dispassionate killer.

"Taquar... gone," she repeated, the shock almost unbearable. It also was enough to add more fuel to the conflagration that was her hatred for the Oneist's. "This is the first I have heard my friend. This is terrible."

Terrible it was.

But not terrible enough to not make the bile rise up to the back of her neck when she heard his name. Of all the people that had died, if what Thrandil said was true. Of all those that lost their lives, citizens and Guards alike. Draydis wasn't one of them. So much for wishful thinking.

"Surely there must be others," Raevyn then said. It was more out of hope than changing the subject. "Survivors or stragglers that somehow got left behind."

This wasn't the kind of news that Raevyn expected to hear from her friend. She also didn't care that Draydis still lived either. That was another issue for another time though. One that would be however, dealt with in time.

Thrandil

Post by Thrandil »

Thran didn't react to Raevyn. It was the truth, and he had gotten to know it as it was. He was part of it, and he would be there when Taquar would rise once more. He was not a killer, nor a fighter... A mere survivor of a War that had gone terribly wrong.

"I'm positive there must've been people like who seemed to have survived, but do not forget, a forest ablaze doesn't leave anything to live. Apart from that, Taquar had been infested with Daemons. Untrained, it takes many men or women to fight one such creature, let alone an army of Orcs with it." Thran said, emotion having slipped from his voice. It seemed to be a hollow shell spitting out facts as if they were mere numbers.

"However, my friend, I will spend a lifetime trying to get our lands of old back in the possession of the Emerald Guard, and thus in the hands of Taquar. I will be there when Era of Reincarnation begins. The City of Trees will once again be alive. The Mother has taken her full cycle with one of her most devout countries. It has been born long ago in history, and it has died. Just like the leafs on trees do during a Yahren-cycle. Winter has come to Taquar, and when the seed is planted, Spring will reign again. Then it will be our task to make Taquar the kingdom it once was. By the love of Pan, I will be there to ensure it's people's safety, Adhiel or not. One will never have to fear when within our borders." Thran said with passion.

"If you still wear our ring with honour and pride, journey with us to the ends of the world in order to find our destiny, Raevyn, before destiny finds you."
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

A rare grin escaped her lips. Not that she was laughing at her fellow guardsman or anything. There was a seriousness to the words he spoke. Words that Raevyn undeniably would agree with it. But still,

"That sounded rather cryptic Thranny," she responded as Raevyn looked down at the ring she wore on one of the fingers on her right hand.

"I do still wear my ring with honor, and pride Thrandil. Do not doubt that for one moment cousin. The Guard is like family to me, and there is not much that I would not do for the guard. However your words towards the end. What about destiny finding me?"

Truth of the matter was that destiny had already found her. It had in a way found all of them. It's hand touched her when she ran into Jadmai after many many moons, and Ulder after many more. Destiny made itself known once more as was evidence of her standing here with Thrandil that very moment. The fact that all these people from the assassin's past was without a doubt all a part of destiny. So it was nothing for Raevyn to necessarily fear.

Thrandil

Post by Thrandil »

Thrandil fell silent for a moment as he heard her question. "I do not really know, Raevyn." he said hesitating. "I figure that as the Emerald Guard, we can make our own destiny, but as an individual, destiny will find us to do with us as she pleases. You have not done terrible things while we were apart, now have you?" he asked.

Of course, one could do terrible things, however, one reaps what one sows. If Rae has undertaken anything that would defy the lifestyle of the Emerald Guard, destiny would surely find her and destiny would not be a good looking adventure.
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

He was definitely prying now, or at least he seemed to be in her eyes. Yet that conclusion couldn't stop the unusually genuine smile that followed. Perhaps it was the question itself and how easily it was asked, or just how straightforward the question was.

"No," Raevyn responded in a voice that seemed equally as unusual and full of life and energy." Raevyn couldn't stop laughing now even if she tried. "I could ask the same of you Thranny, but I am certain that your response would be the same as mine."

Somehow the conversation had an unexpected effect on her as she felt more relaxed and calm then she would normally be in such a circumstance. Raevyn felt less defensive around Thrandil and the surrounding gathering of people.

"We should have a drink," a rather light spirited Raevyn then added. " A drink to celebrate being reunited with each other."

Morg

Post by Morg »

Archived with no skills awarded. :)
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]

Return to “The Citadel proper Archive”