Looking For Info [Chyril 25th, ET]

Moderators: Vanadius, Mods

Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Looking For Info [Chyril 25th, ET]

Post by Amber Kynterle »

As Amber had suspected, the Complaints Office outside the Watch did not prove very hard to find. She had asked two different people for directions and they pointed out the way to her easily enough. Once she arrived, however, she didn't march straight up to the Office. She lingered outside across the street a bit, sizing it up, seeing how busy it was, and just generally making sure it looked safe. It was a habit she had picked up ever since the war with the Demoness.

Assuming nothing was out of the ordinary, Amber slipped across the street, and started searching out someone or something that might have the information she was looking for.
Cowgirls Exotica's "Queen of Hearts" - 2008
Adanedhel
Moderator & Coordinator Triangle Islands

Post by Adanedhel »

The Complaint office was situated there where the city was busy most of the day, the tapestry quarter. Situated near one of it's entrances almost anyone could easily find it, especially those merchants who just came in to report petty crimes. From the outside, it was just a small place. The building was stone, with small windows. The door on the left side of the building and a guard just inside giving instructions to all those that came in. On a big plaque besides the door Amber could see the wanted poster that had been up around the city for a little while now. It detailed crimes for which the Waterstreet Gang was sought.

Quite some people wandered into the building. Whether it was a busy day or not, it didn't bode well for the present that so many people needed to go there.

As the farmgirl approached, the guard inside helped an elder lady out of the building and smiled toward her. He quickly returned as Amber stepped into the small building. On the inside, she could see a few people sitting on benches, most of them in quite livid conversations. There were two tables in the right half of the building and each had a scribe and an impeccable looking guard on the far end of it. Two chairs on the visitor sides. Both tables already were occupied. A door lead to a back room of the building.

The guard who had just helped the lady tapped Amber's shoulderly gently. "Milady, of what service can we be on this fine day?" he asked. The man was tall, cleanshaven and his hair was cropped. As with the other guards inside, his uniform was clean, his boots polished and he didn't wear a weapon, accept for a dirk at his right side.
Something wicked your way comes...

Posting rate: 2/week

Special:
[b]OOECP[/b] - [i]Grant[/i]ed by Maeve & Sosa
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber was so busy looking around at the place and the people there, that she didn't notice the guard approaching her. She gasped and jumped when he tapped her shoulder, stepping away from him before she realized who he was and what he wanted. "Oh, sorry," she murmured sheepishly. "It's been a long day." She looked around once again.

"Um... not sure how to really get into this, so I'll just say it. I'm here about the poster with the bounties on them. For the Waterstreet Gang. I was hoping to get some information about... well, maybe some of the easier bounties." She shrugged apologetically. "I'm kinda new to this, so I'm no expert or anything. But I'd like to help out, and maybe learn the trade. So if you could point me to someone who might have more detailed information on the matter, I'd be grateful."
Adanedhel

Post by Adanedhel »

As Amber stepped away suddenly, the hand of the guard moved instinctively towards the dirk. As she apologised, it gently moved back towards his belt, letting it hang from it by his thumb. He smiled and gave her a wink, "It 'appens t'all of us, lass. We just try t'make the city as safe as we can fer ye. Now, what cannae do fer ye?"

He listened to all she said and took her in. "Take a seat over there." as he pointed towards an empty bench. "Ye better ask one o' the corp'rals. They know best. Guess you be helped in a few burns, if'n these lads don't be too bad about it." and he nodded towards the conversing queue.

Two men stood up from one of the tables and shook the hand of the guard behind it and left the building. "Paddy, Mike, Corp'ral Steffens will see ye now. 'N don' make a fuss this time please." the guard interrupted the waiting men. They got up and took a seat at the table.

Only a burn and a half later, the other table cleared and the guard came up to Amber, telling her she would be helped now, quickly returning to the door as a men and a woman approached the complaint office.

The guard behind the desk rose to his feet and extended his hand, "Corp'ral Steffens. Erza Steffens. Please, have a seat". After Amber sits down, he does the same. "For the record, milady, your name, age and address please. If you are not from Dort, you could tell me the village or city you hail from.", and he waited for a response once again. His arms were on the table, fingers intertwined, as if he was ready to start praying.

"What be your business here, miss?" he asked, looking quite bored, but did his best to cover that up.

Special:
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber shook the Corporal's hand politely and sat down. "Well, uh, my name is Amber Kynterle," she began. "I'm 17 yahren old, and I'm from the Kynterle farm outside of Dort. It doesn't really have an address it's just... there." She shrugged helplessly at that fact.

"Now, my business, well..." She started slowly. "Basically, I'm here because of the wanted posters. I was hoping to try my hand in getting hold of some of these criminals that seem to be plaguing the streets of Dort. I don't have any experience bounty hunting, but I did have some involvement in the war on Islay, and I can take care of myself pretty well, I guess. But what I need is information, preferably on some of the lower ranking criminals. I'd like to start with something small, so to speak, work my way up. So, I was wondering if you had any additional information on any of the lower ranking guys."
Adanedhel

Post by Adanedhel »

The scribe dipped his quill in ink and started writing down everything Amber said in shorthand. The corporal listened carefully, nodding now and then. "Well miss Kynterle, I am very pleased to hear there are those that want to help the guard in this matter. If you have been in the war, then you probably are up to the task at hand. I am afraid though, I can not give you names and the like, for every one of them seems to protect the other Waterstreet members. However, I can tell you that most of them either work in the Knot or the Docks, or they like to hang out there. Also, the Scandalous Seamonster is a place regularly visited by the members of the Waterstreets. Do watch your back though, in the Knot they all protect each other if they see something's amiss. Unless you are not alone. The docks is a safer place to catch one alone, but it won't be long before others are there to help their comrades probably." he said, giving her all the information he could, without getting her expectations up too much.

"If, and only if you are willing to split the bounty, you could try a few taverns for bounty hunters. The guard has spotted a few known faces. Some of them having been in the circuit for years now. They might want to help one like you along on the road to riches. Just... you haven't heard that from me, y'know. I can't give this sorta stuff out usually. See it as a personal favor." he added, as his hand stopped the scribe from writing, so it wouldn't be included in the logs of Chyril the 25th. "Anything else I can help you with, milady?"

Special:
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber sat back in her chair thoughtfully, thinking this over as hard as she could. The lack of solid facts and information was disheartening, but she would not let it stop her. It just meant that she would have to work that much harder, and become more innovative in how she planned to tackle this problem.

She crossed her arms over her ample breasts and stared straight ahead, as if her eyes could see right through the corporal's head. Hopefully, it was not too disconcerting for him; this was simply the posture she adopted when thinking hard. Her mind raced, trying to think up different angles toward the solution.

Okay, so there was no specific information to be had here, except locations. So, she would go to one of those locations, probably the docks, and get the information herself. It would be easy for a girl like her to blend in. Maybe dirty her clothes up a big, pull her red hair back into an unruly ponytail, and she could pass for a down on her luck girl looking for an odd job, or just simply wandering about. Meanwhile, she could observe, talk to people, pick up some facts here and there, and start figuring out who her targets could be. Once she did that, she could pull back out to Eivlys' place, plan her strategy, get whatever gear she might need, and then head back in to get her target.

Finally she nodded, and her eyes started to blink normally again. "All right, thank you very much," she said to the Corporal. "I think that will do it. I'll be back if I come up with anyone." She stood and offered a courteous nod of her head, then headed for the door.
Adanedhel

Post by Adanedhel »

Corporal Steffens raised from his chair out of politeness and answered her nod with a smile. "My pleasure, miss Kynterle. I'm sorry I couldn't be of any more help. May the Gods carry your feet to the destination of luck." he said, waving her off with his hand as Amber strode away.

The guard at the door greeted her as she exited and was already guiding the next personas to Corporal Steffens.

Outside, nothing seemed to have changed. Just the usual bustling bunch of people out on the streets trying to sell their goods and those who carried them. Only few of them were actually just wandering around aimlessly and none seemed to be bothered by it.

Special:
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber nodded to the guard on her way out the door. Once outside, she paused to get her bearings. Once she had them, she headed off.

She supposed she would go rejoin Eivlys as she had promised, to listen to her sing, and then perhaps spend a bit of time in her company. Then, tomorrow when it was light, she would head off to the docks and begin her mission. If all went well, she would have some results in the next few days. And then she could actually live *with* Eivlys, not just *off* Eivlys and her own resources. That would be nice.

She smiled to herself as she walked along. Yes, that would be nice indeed.

(OOC: I think I will go rejoin Eivlys for the night, and then have Amber head out on her fact finding mission in the morning. Should I start a new thread for that now, or wait?)
Adanedhel

Post by Adanedhel »

OOC: You can start a new thread for that whenever you want, unless you think the outcome of another thread affects your plans. If you have more questions/remarks/suggestions regarding this thread, please use PM.

-- Thread closed --

Special:
Turi
Special Branch

Post by Turi »

Locked, skilled and archived.
[size=75][i][b]"If it were clear in my mind, I should have no incentive or need to write about it. We do not write in order to be understood; we write in order to understand." -C. Day-Lewis[/b][/i]

Avatar by enayla at allavatars.com[/size]

Return to “Dort Archive”