Heeding the Call - CH 25th - Late TT

Moderator: Mods

Syra
The Chocolate Game Designer

Post by Syra »

The abbot's room breathed privacy and safety. It might have been because of the books that were all around. Maybe it was the way the carpet muffled sounds. Perhaps it was even the simple colour scheme of grey and warm browns. Either way, it worked wonders on Angelica's anxiousness and she breathed a sigh of relief.

To Motley's acute senses there might even be something here that shielded the room from outer interference, which might very well account for the strange silence. It was not a presence as such -not as he had found with Magrogh- but something here was content with being.

The paperwork was easily produced, ready at hand for the happy occasion where an orphan found a new home. There was only the slightest of hesitance in the father's scribble as he looked at the little girl for confirmation.

Yet there it was.
Signed.
Proven.
Adopted.

No fanfares, no lightshow, no feelings of sudden freedom.
Yet the paper was handed over to Motley with ultimate care.

"Care for each other." The abbot could only say, his eyes reflecting a little more than worry.

I am going to miss her.

"That is all?" The girl asked incredulously. "That's it? Just this? Just the paper?"

"This is all." The abbott confirmed. "Mister Motley, the only thing you need to fill in is your personal details and your own signature."
[size=75]Chocolate is not an addiction, it is a way of life.

[/size]
Motley
Fool

Post by Motley »

The priest's offices were exactly as he imagined they would be, quiet, reflective, orderly. It was a sanctuary of a different sort complete with its own sense of contentment and serenity. It even had it's own presence, which Motley was immediately aware of, even if he was uncertain of what or who it might be. He contemplated if the presence he felt was one of the Gods standing in the corner, somehow interested in the act that was now taking place as the Abbot produced the necessary paperwork and began to sign.

The priests and faithful always say that the Gods appreciate the simple gifts. Love and kindness, peace and generosity. Both of my mothers gave themselves to me. One in life, and the other in death. Both gave me something someone like me couldn't possibly have otherwise, a chance for a life of my own and the freedom to pursue it. Because I was given this tremendous gift, I now hope to give that to another. If there is a God or Goddess standing over there in the corner, I hope you will see the openness of my heart, and bless Angelica as she now has wings in which to fly...

It would be the closest thing he would ever utter that could be considered a prayer.

And there it was. Done. She was free.

Without even a flicker to think about it, he dipped the quill into the inkpot, filled out the necessary details, and signed his signature with the same trademark flourish that he had signed his performer's permit with.

Legal guardian perhaps, but not a father. She had one of those long ago. I could never be that to her, or to anyone else, but at least she won't have to worry about until she's ready to face it...

"We will." He said confidently to the Abbot in reply to his comment. He reached out to shake the Abbot's hand. "Thank you."

...and thank you...

He spoke with his power to the presence in the room, much the same as he had done with Gerben's beloved. Ghost or God, he felt content that the spiritual world as well as the one bound in Tether, had witnessed the good he was trying to do here. He did nothing further to establish contact, or in some other way seek out an identity for the presence. He was confident that if it wanted to speak with him, it would.

He smiled his toothy, crooked grin.

"Now that's taken care of. Let's see if we can find the good Sister and share the good news with her, eh?"
[b]Putting the "Imp" in impassible since 2004[/b]

[url=https://tazlure.nl/board/viewforum.php?f=428][b]Motley's Compendium[/b][/url]
Syra

Post by Syra »

With eyes like a hawk Angelica followed the paper from father Carzello's hands to Motley's, back to the table and then into the hands of the abbot again. It was a strange ritualistic dance, one all clerks and bureaucratics knew well. Yet to the girl it was all new, to have a few scribbled letters decide her entire future.

And it felt scary.

Other letters on other papers. The girl being handed over with a whisper and a promise. She should not notice, but she does. Her eyes are closed but they never go blind. Letters binding her to the monestary. Scribbles deciding her age, her name, her everything.

Her eyes glazed over, being drawn into the past.

Other names on other papers. A boy comes in alive and goes out in a bag. His name is only in the books for a short while. Then erased with every shovel of dirt being thrown over the small body.

Her knees buckled, a blue haze appearantly keeping her up.

Names and letters, kept for posterity while the men with the mighty quills change history to suit their needs.

The blue wings escaped, unnoticed by the abbot. The girl went down to the floor as a fluttering went through the door to seek out what it was drawn to. It all happened fast, in a matter of flickers. Yet the blue haze would not escape Motley's notice.

Another scribble on another paper and the pouch to go with it. The word spells death, hidden behind a name. The word spells destruction, fuelled by cold coin. Names and faces parade up and down. One will go up, the other down.
Very far down.

"Angelica!" The man rushed to her, clearly shocked by the sudden faint.

The girl lay motionless, looking pale, eyes open and staring into nothingness. Her breathing was shallow.

"We need to find the sister! She's qualified to handle these fits. You..you were aware of her conditon, were you not?" There was an anxiousness in his voice, the clear hope of a man who wishes the comfort of acknowledgement.

[/size]
Motley
Fool

Post by Motley »

As Angleica went limp before him, Motley looked around wide eyed in a moment of sheer panic. For a few flickers, he stood dumb stricken and shocked to see the young girl collapse that way.

Blue haze, blue parrot.

It was perhaps the first time he'd seen such an aura or nimbus. He still had little recollection of Angelica' power against Marcus. In fact, he still to this day wasn't certain that he didn't dream the whole thing as he lay near death, but the strange occurrence gave him the moment's objectivity he needed to take action.

He shook his head in the negative to the Abbot's question. This was the first time the girl had exhibited anything like this. Motley tried to arrange her arms and legs so that she would be more at rest and comfortable, and held her hand and stroked her hair.

His first instinct was to reach out to her with his power. In this state, she might not be able to hear him in the physical, but perhaps he could reach her in other ways. Yet there was a fear within him. Not of harming her, but in knowing that Alazandra had once touched the power of Angelica's mind, and she had a bit of fainting spell of her own against it. He knew he could be no good to her if he reached and her power rendered him unconscious as well, yet the desire to help her was overpowering.

...Damned if I do, and damned if I don't...

He hesitated, unsure of what to do, teetering on the edge of a decision. The confidence in his power was growing. He'd fought Marcus. He'd summoned Ushuaia. He'd heard Angelica from across the city. Now was the time to try it yet again.

...May as well be damned for trying than cursed for doing nothing...

Tentatively, gingerly, he reached out to her with his mind.

...Shh....

...All is welll

...I'm right here with you...

[url=https://tazlure.nl/board/viewforum.php?f=428][b]Motley's Compendium[/b][/url]
Syra

Post by Syra »

"You didn't..."

Dominicus, let him be one who stays true to his word. Do not let this fit scare him away from a future that might well benefit the girl!

Motley went to Angelica's side and took charge in a somewhat strange way. At least he did enough to soothe the abbot's initial fears. Her skin felt cool, body relaxed. Her hair was soft to the touch.

Her mind was a completely different matter.

fluttering
flittering
caught

Big empty darkness, a little cage inside. A girl crouching.

Either Alexandrya was a lot more sensitive, a lot less resistant or this was somehow completely different. The sense of loss was strong, the feeling of loneliness almost tangible.

Motley

No more than a whisper.
So different from the imposing Phoenix.

[/size]
Motley
Fool

Post by Motley »

There were half a hundred ways he could try to help her. In the Tether, out in the world he continued to stroke her hair softly cooing in her ear and trying to assure her that he was there and he was not going away.

Inside the power though things were vastly different. He could almost sense her crouching away from whatever it was that seemed to be enclosing her. Around them was a vast void of blackness, she seemed trapped in a tiny cage. His first instinct was to batter it with all his might, smash it open and pull her free.

But he held back and stayed cautious and careful. The Phoenix was unbridled and unfettered power. But this was different, so he needed to approach it differently. He concentrated, focused in on the details, trying to hone in on the one thing here in this strange place that could help her the most. She didn't need light. She didn't even necessarily need to be immediately freed, although ever fiber of his being was screaming that. It was the loss. The loneliness. It felt like the last to come here was gone, lost and possibly defeated. The sense of isolation seemed to dominate here, and so he fought it with the best gift he had ever received. He sang through the power.

You think you know me,
You don't
You think you'll beat me,
You won't

You think you have me,
You're wrong
I know how I'll win,
This song

You can never defeat us,
My friend
It only means one thing,
The end

A thousand yahren,
Will Pass
You're victory shattered,
Like glass

The armies before us,
Will die
Our wings will lift us
Sky high

The temples you've built,
Will fall
You cannot defeat us,
At all...

I'm here. You are not alone. I'm here.

Syra

Post by Syra »

It was almost as if the girl was sleeping, her breathing more shallow than it should be, but still...sleeping. Her mind was anything but asleep, although it seemed trapped within itself.

Motley's song washed over the cage, forming little waves that lapped at the bars and at the girl's fingers. Up went the strands of pure power, wrapping themselves around the bars and pulling, pushing to test their strength and weaknesses.

Yet it was his own admission that pulled him into the cage with great force: I'm here. You are not alone. I'm here.

WHAM

images flashing
three girls playing skip the stone
skip
skip
skip
I can throw further
I can throw harder
I can....
one girl gets up
looses balance
the rocks below look sharp and ready
A flash of blue
the girl falls back, clasping the rocky wall behind her instead of falling forward.
What was that?
Did you see that?

The sound of wings become impossible the ignore as a giant blue bird lands, it's wings falling over the crowded cage.

WHAM

Angelica gasped.
Motley was thrown out.

The girl sat up and held her head. "Ooooooh....Motley...?" She tried to crawl into his arms.

The abbot was not aware of what had happened in the short burns they had been busy. The good man frowned, kneeling next to the pair.

"Angelica, are you alright, girl? Do you want something to drink?"

"Water please." A little voice answered, waiting for the father to leave before she continued. "So tired...did you see?" Her eyes looked up at Motley.

[/size]
Motley
Fool

Post by Motley »

Mismatched eyes watched the scene play out before him. The little girls skipped their stones like he had done as a child a hundred times. He'd never been much good at the game. Although his hands and arms were the most normal parts of his body, his balance and strength were sorely lacking, and he never could do much in the way of skipping. He was good at tossing it, but the skip part was all but impossible for him as a youngster. He was much more nimble now, but back then... not a chance.

Blue wings over the cage...

Shock...

He fought the sudden escape and the surreal transference by tightly closing his eyes for a few flickers and rubbing his temples for a few flickers.

"Yes I saw." He said quietly.

The Tether seemed less colorful to him. Not colorless, but it was as if his eyes had a filter or film over them. He was always surprised at how that other place seemed to have such vibrant colors that this world never did. Even with being gone for just a few heartbeats, it took getting used to all over again.

"Was that you? Were you one of them? Or was that the spirit? Protecting those girls today?"

Syra

Post by Syra »

"Wasn't me." The girl mumbled. "Parrot watches over the children. He saved her." She shivered. "So cold."

Angelica crawled closer to Motley in search of some warmth while the abbot was off getting some water. "Did I scare you?" A faint smile, jumping back to the little joke earlier that day.

"Gotta find sister Fullys, don't we?" She was already trying to get to her feet after soaking up some of the small man's warmth.

"We're not doing anything." The abbot corrected her. "From the looks of it you are going to go back to your bed and sleep, young lady."

Her face set in adolescent stubborness. "But..." She looked at Motley imploringly.

[/size]
Motley
Fool

Post by Motley »

Mismatched eyes regarded both the Abbot and Angelica carefully. He held the girl close as she shivered.

"Well yes, you did scare me a little. Nothing we can't handle though. Does that happen often?"

Although she stayed close, he released his embrace and dug around in his pack for a cloak or something that might help her warm up.

"Yes, I'll find Fullys. I'm of the same mind as the Abbot here. You should return to bed. I'll go look for the good sister, and bring her to you. I should like a word with her privately anyway, so she and I can talk while we return. Then you can tell her the good news."

He smiled his crooked grin at her, trying to show her that although her collapse was serious, he didn't think it was too serious.

"Which way?" He asked the Abbot.

Syra

Post by Syra »

The pout grew. "Aw....not fair...now I have to listen to you!" Angelica protested against Motley siding with the Abbot. Yet actions speak louder than words and she did indeed cherish the cloak the little man draped around her.

With a whistful sigh the girl got up, still wobbly on her legs. "You'll find her. I know you will." She spoke confidently. "And this doesn't happen often. Really it doesn't." Her childlike voice sounded almost ethereal.

The abbot looked at Angelica with worry. "I'll take her back to the dormitory for now." He waited for confirmation from Motley, who after all was now the girl's guardian. "Mister Motley, you might wish to check back with the novices who were on door duty this morning. That would be sister Karinia and sister Gelline. Undoubtedly you'll find them taking care of lunch as we speak."

With those two names in his pocket it was indeed fairly easy to find the two chittering sisters who were taking care of baking off the bread for the afternoon. They could tell him that indeed the good sister had left that morning together with a man she called her cousin. They had been in a great hurry, but seeing how sister Fullys lacked any luggage, they suspected she'd be back before evening mass.

Sister Karinia did recall how there had been mention of the fishermen's village while they left and sister Fullys had said something about getting her feet wet. But what that was supposed to mean was quite beyond her.

[/size]
Motley
Fool

Post by Motley »

The two friendly Sisters gave him both direction and hope. In regards to direction, the ugly little man was quite familiar with the Fisherman's village. He'd spent yahren there, growing up in his mother's care. Her gravestone was near and the old village was where he spent many of the days and nights of his life. It was not that large a place, and finding her there would be easier than scouring the entire city.

As for hope, well, deep in the secret recesses of his mind, the Sister's strange absence had worried him. He had feared for the woman's safety quite honestly. He had harbored a silent dread that the rotund nun had run afoul of someone that had hurt her, or worse. That still remained a possibility, but it seemed less likely now that she had gone off with a relative. Something bad happening was likely to two people than just one. He would never begrudge the woman some relaxation and time away from her duties, but the timing could not have been much worse.

Getting her feet wet...

Perhaps she was the type of person that liked to walk on the shoreline of the lake without shoes. Perhaps she came from a seafaring family and she wanted to spend some time with a deck beneath her feet. Whatever the reason, Motley excused himself from the nuns, and made his way over to the wharves to find her.

Syra

Post by Syra »

Going past the cemetary it was a strange change from silence to the busy buzz of the late afternoon. People were cleaning up after themselves, getting ready for the Parrot Parade the very next day. Even in the small village the fishermen were working on their nets despite this being a day of resting. Too much depended on the next day and no man in his right mind would miss out on the bounty of the Mer on this event!

There was some friendly joking going on between them about mermaids and spirits of the Mer visiting them that very morningtide, even accompanied by some comments that might make a younger man blush. Clearly they were not talkin about Fullys, since these stories involved a beautifully shaped woman with long, silverwhite hair.

There was no obvious sign of the good sister or any commotion when Motley arrived, all activities focussed on getting ready for the big day.

[/size]
Motley
Fool

Post by Motley »

The ugly little man stood and looked over the scenery around him, more than a little puzzled over where Sister Fullys had run off to.

Had I her surname, I could ask for directions to the family home. Does the woman even have a surname any more?

Motley pondered over if Dominicus would require a devotee to give up such personal trappings of individuality, as he made his way over to the boisterous fishermen.

In a flicker, he steeled himself for the inevitable reaction that was sure to come.

"Excuse me sirs. Have you seen a nun from the Monastery accompanied by a man pass this way?"

Syra

Post by Syra »

The busy men looked up from their talk at the malformed little man. And for sure, there it was: a quick sign of Dominicus formed over their chest before speaking at the creature. "A...nun..." The usual pleasantries remained unsaid. Why would anyone extend that curtesy to such a construct?

"And why would you need to know her whereabouts?" There was suspicion in the man's voice. Suspicon and some measure of defensiveness. In the meantime the hands kept working on the nets. His companion remained silent, muttering something in his beard. It sounded much like a prayer.

[/size]
Motley
Fool

Post by Motley »

Inwardly, Motley sighed heavily. This was a common reaction to his appearance, and he was well used to the gawking and the stares. He even enjoyed the pious little gestures. Mere moments ago they were joking and laughing about comments that surely the great "One God" would have found sinful and blasphemous, yet now faced with the likes of the ugly little bard, they were suddenly pious and devout.

Hypocrites... I may be ugly but at least I'm honest...

Perhaps if circumstances had been different, he would have challenged them on their contrariness. But alone and outnumbered against several large men, on the eve of the Festival, he didn't dare make a stand.

"There is a girl at the Monastery that she cares for. She has fallen ill, some sort of seizure, and the Sister knows how to treat her best. I've come to see if I can find her, and I was told that she might be down her in the village?"

He let it sink in for a moment. Although Angelica seemed to be fine, he figured that even a sea and salt hardened mariner wouldn't want a sick little girl's death on their conscious.

"So, have you seen her?"

Syra

Post by Syra »

"Didn't Angomar come walking past with the Sister?" The bearded fellow mentioned casually.

The other man nodded, not taking his eyes off Motley. The mention of a sick child worked wonders on the memory of these headstrong fishermen. "Yes...that he did. You'll find them in the second house on your left once you walk in." He pointed vaguely in the right direction.

If Motley decided to simply go there, sister Fullys' clear voice made it abundantly clear which door he should knock on -if it had not been open already.

"I honestly do not see why I had to come all the way over here to discuss your intentions for your son! You told me it was an emergency!" The woman berated whoever was in the little house.

The male voice sounded properly chastised. "I'm truly sorry, sister. But you know how it is. These youngsters would run off if they had the chance! I needed someone to talk some sense into them!"

"The village elder would have done." Fullys responded icely and got up. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have my chores to take care of."

[/size]
Motley
Fool

Post by Motley »

Motley mentally filed away the name of Angomar. It wasn't a name he was familiar with, but since Sister Fullys was likely to be a part of his life through Angelica, it was likely a name he shouldn't forget.

"Thank you good sirs. The One's blessings be upon you."

Motley had never been particularly devout to anything except his mother and his own survival, but his words to the fishermen were exactly the type of thing that needed to be said to stay in good graces with the local townsfolk. He was already scorned and shunned because of his outward appearance. He didn't need to be persecuted for being a pagan as well.

He made his way down to the appointed door, and the clearly distinct voice of Sister Fullys filled his ears. It seemed whomever she was speaking with, most likely the aforementioned Angomar, she was not pleased with him, and she was letting him know about it, in a most straightforward fashion.

He grinned despite himself. Although he and the Sister had never been exactly close, he did understand her reasons for her stern tendencies, and he appreciated how much she cared for her charges.

Son...?

His ears perked up at the mention of a father and son. His own recent experiences had him alert for possible mentions or clues to his father's identity. Although the chances of Angomar being his own father were astoundingly slim, he nevertheless allowed himself to linger on the thought for a heartbeat or two before knocking politely. Although he heard a snippet of their conversation, he didn't wish for it to seem like he was standing there eavesdropping.

"Sister Fullys?" He probed.

Syra

Post by Syra »

The familiar silhouette of sister Fullys snapped around, quite ready to give another villager a hand ful for taking her away from the monestary for petty details. Upon seeing Motley she was surprised.

"Mister Motley?" It sounded clearly through in her voice. "What on earth brings you here?" It was a silly question, considering the man lived in Roque and as such had the fullest right and reason to be just about anywhere he pleased. Yet for him to show up on the doorstep of the very house she was summoned to, was a bit too much of a coincidence for the good sister.

The man -presumably Angomar- turned as well and took a step back in shock. "Sweet Dominicus" He mumbled and made the very same sign over his chest.

Yet this time Fullys was there to pick up on it. "And pray tell, when did Dominicus say anything about the one being of less worth than the other?" She sounded quite stern, folding her arms in a slow, deliberate fashion. "Since when do you greet guests in this way, Angomar?"

The man flushed and looked at Motley from under his eyebrows. "Sorry." He mumbled.

[/size]
Motley
Fool

Post by Motley »

Angomar's reaction, the second time this half mark, did not affect Motley at all. In fact, he found the practice amusing. Even more amusing was Sister Fully's reaction and defense of him. If Fullys was surprised to see him, then he was perhaps even more surprised that she would stand up for him. He found the whole scene quite amusing.

"Quite all right." He told Angomar.

Certainly not my father. This is someone who has never seen the likes of me before.

Motley chuckled. In part for his folly in seeing ghosts where none clearly were, and in part from the man's sheepish apology after a berating from the portly nun.

"I'm sorry for the interruption Sister. I have some news about Angelica. She wants to see you right away. She was looking for you, and when I heard from her that you hadn't been around the monastery this tide, I came to make sure everything was alright. Some of the other Sisters said they'd seen you come this way."

Motley offered a gesture with his hands to excuse himself.

"I can see everything is fine, so please continue. I'll head back to Angelica and tell her you'll return when you can."

"Pleasure meeting you Angomar."

He couldn't resist. Being polite and friendly to someone so obviously repulsed by him was just too fun. He sketched a bow and began to make his retreat, half expecting to be halted...

Syra

Post by Syra »

Fullys straightened her back and nodded imperiously at the mumbled apology of the man. "Very well then. I assume we will see you soon in the monestary for confession." It was by no means a request. This was a demand if ever she had given one. These people had to learn that the only way to survive in this cruel world was to stand together, not to mock or belittle each other!

"Angelica?" Her tone changed to worry. "What is it with her? Is she alright? Yes, appearantly good Angomar here needed my services." Another stern look at the man who positively cringed under the attention. His nervous hands played with the buttons of his tunic.

"Oh yes, everything is fine. And I will be coming with you this instant, mister Motley." Fullys insisted, yet Angomar reacted immediately.

"But...but sister...there is something else I need you for!" The poor man even shed a tear of sweat. "Please, you cannot leave right now. I need....uh....Dominicus' blessing on our new boat!"

Fullys blinked her eyes, not entirely sure if she had heard this correctly. "You....need me to do...what?"

"Blessing..." The man mumbled and pointed outside. "Boat...?"

The big woman frowned and looked at Motley. "I would very much like to know first why you came to find me all the way over here, mister Motley...then I will decide upon further actions."

[/size]
Motley
Fool

Post by Motley »

Motley held the gaze of Sister Fullys completely and confidently for a full flicker or two as he gathered his thoughts before he replied.

"She had one of her seizures. Its nothing serious, I pulled her out of it. She's fine now. She was very concerned about you, and she has some very important news to share with you."

The ugly little man wasn't about to ruin a moment that was likely to be a very big one between his adopted daughter and the nun. Sister Fullys had taken care of Angelica for many yahren, and knew the girl was special. Him spilling the proverbial beans would be in very poor taste indeed. He wanted the pair to celebrate together, and for the nun to hear it directly from Angelica's mouth.

"So when she said she'd been looking for you all morning, and you weren't around, I grew concerned, and thought it best to seek you out. Please, by all means, bless the poor man's boat. Its obviously very important to him. The blessings of the One come in all forms and sizes. It will only take but a burn or two. I can wait."

Syra

Post by Syra »

Angomar's eyes flashed from Motley to sister Fullys and then to the door. "Yes...boat...blessing...but you need not wait...sir." The last word was spoken with considerate distaste. "We can walk her back to the monestary, no problem at all. You can go." He spoke hastily, wringing his hands.

"Or...no, wait..um...I think you can stay. Yes, maybe it's better if you stay and wait for the sister. Yes, that would be good." The man nodded vehemently.

"Well..." Sister Fullys mumbled, taken aback by the man's nerves."Ease down, good man, ease down. You've kept me busy here all morning already. I guess a moment longer will not harm anyone." She walked up to the front door. "Come, show me your new addition to the fishing trade."

The woman smiled and nodded at Motley. "THank you for your concern. The One will be pleased to know that it is not only His watchful eye caring for his flock."

[/size]
Motley
Fool

Post by Motley »

We can walk walk her back? Who's we? Does he have a mouse in his pocket? Perhaps this is the son he was talking about earlier.

Motley smiled at Fullys' words as she went followed Angomar. Even though he was about as far as one could get from being a pious and faithful worshiper of Dominicus, he knew she was, and so he continued to pretend for her benefit and the benefit of their growing respect for one another. It was a lie, that was true, but a necessary one. He had little doubt that Fullys would still care about him. She had made that perfectly clear when he had first returned to Roque and they had met in the cemetery. She had seen him before as a young child, perhaps even an infant, so the concern would likely always exist, but if she knew his true faith, or perhaps the lack thereof, she might not be so willing to stand up for him, nor would she be thrilled at his adoption of Angelica. he was anxious to see her reaction to the news.

He allowed the relief of the situation wash over him as he relaxed. He'd been fearful, perhaps even dreading finding the rotund nun, but it seemed all was well and he couldn't help but inwardly enjoy the effect he was having on poor Angomar. The man was clearly rattled by his presence, and couldn't seem to make up his mind between wanting to be far away, or trying to be polite. It amused the ugly little man to no end.

He backed off, making his way back out to the piers to wait for Fullys after she had finished blessing Angomar's boat. He reached into his bag and began to pack his pipe as he watched the fishermen with their nets and the seagulls soar overhead.

Looking out at the Mer, he thought of Phelissia. The blue gray water always reminded him of her eyes and he wondered how she was and if she ever wondered about him. He looked down at his well worn shoes and thought about the Lady of the Keep's assassins, and how he had been fortunate to avoid them thus far. He was making a new life for himself here once more. He hoped beyond hope that would endure.

Wistfully, he waited for Fullys.

Syra

Post by Syra »

Angomar looked back more than once as Motley decided to wait a little up ahead instead of accompanying them to the boat. Sister Fullys took her large strides and the rather scrawny man had a hard time following them and looking over his shoulder at the same time.

"creee
creeeeee"

The gulls were unaware of Motley's thoughts. They had their own earth shattering problems to deal with, such as the complete lack of cockles on shore right now.

The netters were back on their task, heads bobbing like the waves of the Mer as they worked their way through their livelyhood. In the meantime Fullys was making rather big gestures at Angomar, clearly getting more than a little agitated by now. Whatever was being said that got her temper up was beyond the little man to hear.

[/size]

Return to “Roque d'Ancourt Archive”