Drinking at the Dragon (open to all) - Chyril 26th ET

Moderator: Mods

Corbin Dillon
Noble Apprentice

Post by Corbin Dillon »

Unaware of the salacious thoughts running through the mind of the waitress Corbin chuckled at Ralph as the man continued his consideration of the pros and cons of university students and librarians. In Corbin's experience many of them were far too concerned with their magical studies than with cavorting, more was the pity. All work and no play made Corbin a dull boy - which was why he was inclined to indulge in both, though technically speaking he included demon hunting as 'play', which perhaps gave an insight into the way the man's mind worked.

"The current record? Well, I'm not entirely sure to be completely honest. I would imagine, however, that it is quite short. There are always little accidents, or bits of mischief being played. In fact, one of my very first lessons was how to create fire. It's come in very handy." Corbin said, recalling the occasions on which he had used it. It had been his main magical focus to begin with, though he had branched out since then and experimented with other of the elements - sometimes the experiments had been of necessity, rather than inclination.

"It's quite a handy tool, especially for setting the hearth going. Far more convenient than matches."
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

The inn called "Burping Dragon" had all signs to prove to be an interesting place, still while Langredoc went in he made sure that he was the first one to enter, before the two women. His hand resting relaxed on the short sword's hilt, the weapon ready to slash out on any who prove to be a danger. The man trusted his gut feelings, but a little bit extra security was never wasted on him.

He eyes searched the premises for familiar faces, handy when people, well one person, is prepared to pay handsomely for your death, still so far no familiar faces showed up. So he checked who carried visible weapons, those how could wear concealed weapons (everybody), and last but not least for the ones who looked good or were blinding ugly. For the latter two options he only investigated the women's qualities, luckily for his manly hormones the place contained some of the more finer examples of the female kind, clearly always pleasurable and stimulating..

So he stepped inside and waited for the two women to join him.
[quote]I am the warrior of the raven, traveling from war to war feeding on the dead and the living alike. Until darkness fall's.[/quote]

Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Post by Hex da`Bergliin »

Hex did follow Langredoc to the inn they were headded to. Eyrekra walked beside her but Hex made little conversation. A year of nothing but hunting and then in a flicker, everything.

As they neared the inn Hex paused to see the woman standing guard at the door.

Hex drew up before the woman and gave her a hard look.

"Are the people inside that special or are the people of this town that bad?"
~
[i]The [b]Kona[/b] is dead, long live the [b]Witches[/b][/i]
Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige
Civus

Post by Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige »

Eyrekra placed the purse back in her hiding place.

She did not mind the quite response from Hex as they walked. To her, she thought that most outsiders put to much stock in talking, and less in action. Shit look at Langredoc he still talks a good game, but she has yet to see any action. Could it be that he fears the fact that he must fight her first before he can bed her? No that can't be it, he fought so hard in Trothgard to keep Hex alive. He is not the coward type, and if that is true then he just doesn't love her enough to fight her.

Eyrekra saw Hex pause at the sight of the woman standing guard at the door. Eyrekra may of not have been with both Hex and Langredoc for long, but she knew it meant trouble if Hex had cause to stop, and question what she was seeing.

Eyrekra walked close to Hex then turned so her, and Hex were back to back. She pulled the knife out of her boot, with her shield hand, and taped Hex's hand letting her know that the knife was there if she needed it.

She did not like the fact that she might have to fight so soon without having one mug of mead first. Non the less Eyrekra stood at the ready, with her spear in hand.
[quote][size=117]Cold is the heart... Clear is the mind... Steady is the "Hand" of the Ice Queen.[/size][/quote]

Avatar provided by allavatars.com artist Flingling.
Valya Nix
Civus

Post by Valya Nix »

Valya giggled and nodded as her warm n’ fuzzy emotions increased. Yes, she liked this lady. Maybe it was the stress of the day or maybe she was just vulnerable to Yosie’s easy friendship, but if Yosie had asked her to eat a rotting fish head or do the can-can naked Valya probably would have agreed. She watched as Yosie walked away thinking rose colored thoughts about her new friend. Why, look at how well proportioned she is, how every little bit goes just where it should…and look at the way her hips swing smoothly from side to side, not at all like Valya’s own hitching and strutting gait. Now, that was a real woman.

Such hazily homoerotic thoughts didn’t concern Val too much. She had never been in love nor technically ‘with’ anyone so she had a bit of a hard time sorting out lusty thoughts from romantic thoughts from friendly thoughts. What a mixed up little heathen.

Now that she was all alone and a sight calmer than when she came in Valya began taking stock in her surroundings. There was the table with the two men; she found them both intriguing and frightening. Grown up, full blooded men were more her mother’s territory. She didn’t suppose they went around mounting everything that moved but one couldn’t be sure.

Then there was Paige, she looked a bit sulky and put out. Val wondered why. She hadn’t overheard the conversation with the owner but strangely enough Valya was probably the last person in the place who would judge her. After all, her own mother was a whore…just the kind that did it for free. Speaking of the owner, Valya had finally caught sight of him and let out a muffled squeal of delight. A real dwarf! In this very room! She must find a way to touch his beard, no matter what the consequences.

And then there were the three new people who had just entered. Holy smoked salmon! Those people are huge! So far all the women Val had seen were itsy bitsy things. These two looked like they could use her as their personal toothpick. Valya sunk down a little in her seat feeling certain she was guilty of something and that one of those women was about to come over and show her what for.
Last edited by Valya Nix on Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's such a sad old feeling
the fields are soft and green,
it's memories that I'm stealing
but you're innocent when you dream. - Tom Waits
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Hex looked back and gave Eyrekra a wink and a hand motion to say that nothing was amiss. She gave the guard woman a sly smile as she made her way inside.

The sights and sounds of the inn we a familiar beacon to her senses. It had been along time since she had thrown back some mead. Langredoc always on guard stood cautiously eyeing the room.

Hex did the opposite, she did not care who was here. She moved for a free table near a wall. Leaning her pole arm against the wall she dropped her bundle beside it, took her chair and leaned back against the wall with her feet up on the table. Tjuv sat net to her and Hex let one of her hands fall and scratch the puppies ears while she waited for the mead.
~
Paige
Civus

Post by Paige »

No sooner than Paige had sat down she noticed three people had walked in. They looked rather intimidating and Paige wondered what their story was. No way am I going to try and find out. The raven-haired adhiel thought to herself, turning her gaze to the others in the room. It didn't take long until Paige started to feel more and more out of place. She started to wish now more than ever that she didn't choose the lifestyle she lives. All she wanted was some kind of normalcy to her life...but it seemed too much to ask for.

Casting an eye out for someone who worked in the Dragon, she yearned to get to a room swiftly and stay out of sight. Perhaps coming to the Citadel was a mistake. Perhaps, she should have stayed in Amun Rah and endured the cruelty from her former master. Atleast there, things were familiar and she knew who would harm her and who wouldn't. Paige started to seriously think about picking herself up and leaving this tavern.

What the Nether have I gotten myself into?
Last edited by Paige on Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you did not do than by the things you did. So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain
Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige
Civus

After Hex's wink, and the all clear sign Eyrekra relaxed her guard. She sat opposite Hex and started to look around the room.

The hussle and bussle, the loud music, and all the strange people crowded into one space was beyond Eyrekra's understanding. "Why would so many people want to crowd into such a small space?" This was the question she asked herself. She looked at Hex and wondered why she had totally dropped her guard. Was it the custom of the outsiders to do just what they are doing now? This and many other things she needed to ask Hex about, but that would be for later much later. Right now she needed to find Langredoc, and someone who works here.
Last edited by Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige on Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[quote][size=117]Cold is the heart... Clear is the mind... Steady is the "Hand" of the Ice Queen.[/size][/quote]

Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

After a few flickers Langredoc relaxed a bit,,, the chance that a assassin of his former lord would have followed him here was almost nil. Still he did not know how much the man had spent to have his head on a block, it had been enough to follow him to the land of burning sand. So it would surely be enough to follow him to a centre of commerce like this. Well following would not be a option, he had stopped one of them and his travels had made it near impossible to trail him. So if he would meet them, it would be people who stayed here...

A wolfs grin appeared on his face.. he was ready to face anybody.. anybody ? Mmm, not really he felt a bit awkward about the fire that was growing in Eyrekra's eyes. He knew a few of Trothgard's customs, still none of their relational elements between man and woman.. except that women tended to be bossy.. and nether could swallow him if he would be slave to someone, even in a relation... especially in a relation ! Still the woman was way to tall, and still good looking... the man decided to avoid trouble for now so he just threw a smile to Eyrekra. He never knew what the Red Warrior would throw on his path.. he doubt that it would be love, though he had been wrong before.

There was a person who did attract his attention, more with her behaviour then her appearance for now. He looked at Paige who was strange to him because she kept her cloak closely wrapped around her, while she behaved like a trapped animal. So different from the two Troth women, who almost always behaved like they were the Ice Goddess herself.. While the man watched someone decided to escape and run amok.

Little Reiker climbed out of his pocked and sneaked away towards Paige who clearly had something that attracted the little wolf. Quickly Langredoc went into pursuit to grab the little escaped rascal moving into a straight line towards his target ending in front of Paige. With one hand the man grabbed the little wolf, who complained softly..
Then suddenly Langredoc's eyes focused on those of the woman he smiled a tat sneaky and said "Yes I would accept a simple drink,,"

It was a logical thing to do for the warrior, maybe the lady would know more, and she was hiding weapons below that cloak, He was sure of that. He turned to Hex and Eyrekra and waved that he would sit were he was now... The bar was not a place he liked to be, he would be with his back to the door there... The ladies would talk and he would keep a eye on them... and himself.. Langredoc knew that he should get some money soon so he could pay his own drinks.

Starting to crawl the ears of little Reiker he first waited for a response of the woman, it was fun to meet a normal,,, well more normal woman again. Just to be sure he asked "You don't worship a Ice Goddess by chance I hope ?" it was accompanied by a slight worried look, when he thought about this lady aslo being a Ice Goddess worshipper, that went on while he took a seat and sat down. Placing the little wolf on the table where it started to fight with Langredocs hand.. his mortal enemy.. Langredoc smiled at the Little animal. He had a friend now.. that was actually nice.
Last edited by Langredoc on Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[quote]I am the warrior of the raven, traveling from war to war feeding on the dead and the living alike. Until darkness fall's.[/quote]

Paige
Civus

Post by Paige »

Paige shifted uncomfortably at the approach of this man she had never seen before. He was taller than her by far and looked to be the fighting type. She couldn't help but notice that he was indeed very nice looking but she would never admit it. The adhiel smiled slightly at the little wolf for it was indeed quite adorable, for now anyway. It was nice to see some innocence amongst all the darkness she has come across thus far. Yet, why was this man asking her for a drink? She didn't work here and Paige didn't give any hint as to her demeanor that she did. If she wasn't who she was, she would find that a bit insulting. Just who did this man think he was? Oh well, innocent mistake, I guess.

Arching a brow, Paige hoped this man wasn't here to bring trouble upon her. All she wanted to do was get a quick drink and find some sleep. Her desire to escape reality was indeed very great. For someone that was so afraid of her dreams, Paige didn't want to be awake.

"I'm sorry, sir," she began politely, "I do not work here and as for this Ice Goddess you speak of, I do not worship her."

Strange he doesn't sit with those he was recently accompanying.

"Those women you came in with, why not sit with them? Are they not your friends or maybe one of them is more to you? I certainly have no desire to insult anyone for I have trifled with that enough for one day."
Last edited by Paige on Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you did not do than by the things you did. So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain
Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige
Civus

Eyrekra watched Langredoc as he tried to rein in the escaping wolf cub. What little melting that Eyrekra's heart did toward Langredoc re-froze bit, by bit with each step he took towards the slinky female in his path. She politely smiled at him when he indicated he was going to sit next to the slinky lady. The words her mother told her about men came back to her. Her mother was right men do not love with the completeness as do woman. They tend to follow where ever their cock lead them.

Outwardly her appearance was cold, almost frigid, yet inside her rage started to build. "This is crazy." "We were never married nether we were never be-trothed." "So why do I feel so betrayed?" This was the logic she placed in her head to stall her rage. Regardless of all the logic she applied to the problem her rage did not stall.

Eyrekra pulled her purse from its hiding place, and removed three Coronets from it. "Here." She handed it to Hex. "Remember to buy a room first before you drink all of it."

Eyrekra walked toward Langredoc. She placed three Coronet on the table in front of him. "Your contract with us is full filled, and we no longer require you talents." "Thank you for your service." Eyrekra placed a finger on his mouth in a hushing motion.

She smiled a warm gentle smile at the slinky lady. Eyrekra leaned in close and whispered "He is really good at what he does, and worth ever banner." " You might get a cheaper price, seeing how there is only one of you." "Pity,,, three is such a fun number."

After that she headed outside for a breath of fresh air.
Last edited by Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige on Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

When Eyrekra came to the table Langredoc was ready for everything, He knew that look in women's eyes.. even though he had no understanding of it. With Troth women you never know he thought when in stead of trying to rip off his head she placed three coronet on the table.. that combined with her words felt like a insult.. His face was unmoved, for a slight blush of anger, his eyes told a different tale.

Langredoc, pondered for a few flickers, playing with the coins.. then he decided that it was just a bit too much.. So he rose from his seat, apologised to the Lady and followed Eyrekra to outside. Never leave a unsheathed dagger on the table the old weapon master would say...

Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Hex watched the small confrontation between her two comrades. She overheard what Eyrekra said and then watched her storm past. As Langredoc went after her Hex gave him a wink and shook her head. She wanted him to know that he was not off any hook, he was with her for the long run. At least, that is how Hex say it, she, not Eyrekra was the one to whom he had sealed his contract with.

Maybe Langredoc was right, she was a cold bitch for she felt none of those emotions anymore that her friends seemed to be displaying. She was finding more happiness in her mug of mead and the pup.

That disturbance aside Hex settled into her mead. As she relaxed she took in who was in the common room with her. Nobody seemed to be the kind to cause trouble.

She gave the warrior ( Corbin ) the once over as she did with the half-elf ( Valy ) and settled her eyes on Paige to try and figure out what the fuss was about.

Hex relaxed and called for scraps for the pup.
~
Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige
Civus

Once outside Eyrekra's mood did not improve. Her blood was still boiling. She paced for a flicker or two then slung her shield on her back.

She looked around to make sure she had room to wield her spear. She started her spear routine, slowly at first, she was tyring to concentrate on her form. The tears in her eyes blocked her vision at times but did not stop her from her workout. The routine was set up to imitate combat with multiple opponents. It was full of thrusts, parries, blocks, kicks, punches, and spin movements. Once she got up to full speed the routine looked like a complex dance of death.

During one of her spin moves she saw Langredoc coming out of the Inn. Eyrekra's mind registered that he was there, but her body did not break routine. Luckily she had stoped crying shortly after starting her routine, before he came out of the Inn.

Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

"Those outside are bad and those inside are special. Dwarf wants them kept safe, so they must be." The towering woman's reply was short and gruff, her eyes resting on Langredoc's posture a flicker before she dismissed him as nothing more than a man trying to look macho before two witches. They were witches, of that Magda was sure, but she had severed her links to the frozen wasteland of her birth and though she liked the customs regarding marriage and relationships, she did not want to be a slave to anyone, nor own slaves. She was a mercenary now, and while the pair was shown respect, they were just customers and nothing more.

Yosie returned mere burn after she left, bearing a plate laden with steaming buns, and placed it in front of Valya with a smile. "There you go, honey. Do be careful, because the stuffing is very hot and you might burn yourself. The best way to eat those is to break them open and let the marmalade cool of for a bit." Noticing a number of new customers had entered, she glanced at them and patted the girl's hand before rushing to take their orders. As soon as the drinks were delivered she was back at Valya's side and glanced towards Corbin and Ralph. "Ready to go meet the lucky guy over there?"

"Well, I can create fire easy enough. Just need some flint and a dagger." Ralph grinned and glanced towards where Paige sat, giving the girl a long careful appraising look. "Or a bit of time with the lady, if I be the one trying to set her on fire. In a good way of course." Making it a point not to look over towards Valya he leaned closer to Corbin and whispered with an innocent smile. "Now, my friend, don't look back, but I think you have gained a few fans in this place. I may be wrong, but the waitress and a young lady that came in crying look like they have been talking about you. Don't worry though. The crying one has no weapons on her. Either that or she is real good, in which case we are both screwed. And not in a good way."

Another customer came in at that moment, an olive skinned man in his early thirties, his figure a bit rounded, though the fine suit he wore fit his form perfectly. Taking the hat as he entered, the man smoothed his impeccably brushed and oiled hair back and made his way to a table near Paige's, nodding to several other patrons on the way there. With a polite bow, he paused, holding the chair's back and smiled at the gloomy girl. "Scusa, signora, is this seat available?" His voice was accented, but smooth and quite melodic. "You seem like you could use some privacy and I would not want to crowd your personal space." A single brow arched in query.
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Yelena Kintessia
Civus

Post by Yelena Kintessia »

Upon arriving at the Burpin' Dragon, Yelena spied two people outside of the establishment. One was a very tall woman, wielding a spear and looked as if she was practicing with her weapon. The other was a man who seemed to know her, maybe interested in the woman. Yelena walked past the two, nodding to both as a sort of greeting. The woman was very tall as Yelena realized when she got closer. To even see her face she had to look nearly straight up. Wow, that is really... tall.

She turned the handle to the Dragon, entering into a feeling of warmth and activity. The chatter was quite different from what she was hearing this morningtide as the air here was filled with people who were trying to relax, or something of the sort. She looked around while making her way to the counter, looking at the patrons. She noticed two men at a table, the waitresses, and a big woman with reddish hair and a.. wolf cub? That's interesting. When she finally reached the counter, she looked for the nearest employee.

“Ah hello, is Bill around?” Bill was the person she was looking for to pass on a message for Ashari Gywien.
[size=75]"All days are nights to see till I see thee, And nights bright days when dreams do show thee to me." - [i]Shakespeare[/i]
Avatar by Finn! (She's zomg amazing)[/size]
Paige
Civus

Post by Paige »

I am not working tonight. Is there a sign on my forehead this evening? Paige asked herself, as another man approached her table. This one not as handsome as the man before but a little more polite. To her surprise, she wished the man before her didn't get up to leave. With a weary eye, Paige gave the man a kindly smile and wondered where a waitress was. If she was going to keep attracting company like this then she needed a drink. Her spirits were low and she needed something to liven up her mood. Besides, the tavern seemed to be picking up in business, as another person entered; a pretty blonde woman.

"Well, I would be lying if I said that that seat was occupied," Paige responded in a thoughtful tone, "On the other hand, I was looking for a bit of privacy...I have had a terrible day but I will not stop you if you wish to have a seat."

Playing with a strand of her long, black hair, Paige beamed slightly at the man and turned to take another look around the room, What does one have to do to get a drink around here?"
Last edited by Paige on Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Valya Nix
Civus

Post by Valya Nix »

Oooo! Sticky buns! Valya was just mad for sweets. She looked up to say something but noticed Yosie had a job to do and lustily applied herself to the treats instead. Val daintily broke them open and gently blew on them till they cooled. Then she licked out the filling and crammed the pastry into her mouth just about as fast as she could. Why, she had to finish them all before Yosie returned! Hopefully no one would notice.

“Armmmgh mhaem agham.” She swallowed her last mouthful and licked her fingertips clean like a cat. “I mean, indeed I am.” Quickly she preformed a small grooming ritual, smoothing her eyebrows, running her hands through her hair. She followed Yosie across the room staying a bare step or two behind her and to the left. In the space of a few seconds mounting thoughts of panic raced through her mind.

What would she say to these men? The older one was all right, his hardscrabble appearance didn’t make her especially nervous…but Corbin had the look of money and that held a special kind of threat for Valya. He was clean, his clothes were quality-made, and he held himself with that special quiet self possession that those secure in their position always had. What if he and his family were natives of Citadel? Valya’s mother hadn’t been to the city in a long time but she had spent time there in her youth and the Nix name might be known in some small way. If he knew the name and if he put two and two together he would realize that Valya had no father’s surname. Obviously she was a bastard, though a recognized one. Valya felt her mouth grow dry. She had never really thought deeply about these things while she was at home. There she had always just been the ‘young miss’. But in the city…things might be different. He might refuse to speak with her, shame her, and the University might not even accept her! She would certainly be at a disadvantage then.

Then, just as things looked their worst, Valya was saved by her own inflated ego. Bollocks to that! She was Valya Nix, by the gods, and she didn’t care what anyone thought! She stiffened her spine and threw back her head, cocking her chin at an arrogant angle. Val would armor herself with civility. She arrived at Corbin’s table and bobbed a graceful, semi-formal curtsy, holding her skirt out prettily and flicking her other hand across the hem.

“Well met, Gentlemen,” she said in a smooth low voice. “I’m Valya Nix and it’s a great pleasure to meet you both.” She flicked her dark eyes up and gazed out from under her lashes with a look that would make a man forget the soot on her face or the tangles in her windblown hair.
Last edited by Valya Nix on Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yelena Kintessia
Civus

Paige wrote: "Well, I would be lying if I said that that seat was occupied," Paige said in a lazy tone, "On the other hand, I was looking for a bit of privacy...I have had a terrible day but I will not stop you if you wish to have a seat."

"Ah, I'm sorry to intrude but I think I'll have a seat." Yelena looked up at Paige, noticing her long, dark hair. She was pretty. Still, Yelena needed to find this Bill, as soon as possible. Actually it didn't have to be soon, maybe if she stayed she would catch a hint of Aerin or Ashari herself. It was probably a good idea to stay at the Dragon this night, as she wound up here in the end anyhow. She turned back to the raven haired woman.

"Hello, I am Yelena. It seems like a busy eveningtide, does it not?" she asked, looking around at the many patrons, before setting her emerald eyes back onto the woman.
[size=75]"All days are nights to see till I see thee, And nights bright days when dreams do show thee to me." - [i]Shakespeare[/i]
Paige
Civus

Post by Paige »

It was as if Paige's silent plea had been answered. Maybe if this, Yelena woman stayed long enough then the olive-skinned man would take a hint and sit elsewhere. It wasn't that Paige was disgusted with the man, it was the mere fact that only hours before she had just departed from a ship and entered into the Citadel. She had her suspicion that this man would want 'something' from her. She wasn't looking to 'work' tonight, in all actuality she was very tired and worn out. Her first day in this city wasn't the best and she longed to forget the fact, just for one night, that she was indeed a wench.

"No need for apologies," the adhiel smiled warmly, acknowledging the young woman, "It is nice to meet you, Yelena, I am Paige and I am sure this fine gentleman will give us his name in a moment."

Taking a quick scan of her surroundings, Paige noticed that the business in this establishment was indeed picking up with each and every burn. She was taken aback to see how many people had walked in after she did. This must be one popular place.

Paige turned her attention back to Yelena ,"It is a very busy eveningtide, indeed. If you don't mind me asking, what contributes to your interest in this place?"
Last edited by Paige on Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:05 am, edited 5 times in total.
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

Langredoc returned inside the inn with a low hanging thunderstorm in his eyes while trying to get rid of the emotional cloud that was hanging over him.

He just nodded towards Hex, they would have a talk later on, all in good time.

By nature he inspected the inhabitants of the inn again.and some things had changed, the adhiel lady got company. Not that that changed much, the man concluded that if he would be smart he had to stay away and go to a more quiet corner in the place and stay out of trouble.. Women trouble was now the last thing on his mind.

A chuckle followed... naah, life would become boring like that, so even though women were the first and the last thing on his mind at the moment, he still made his way to the table where Yelena and Paige where seated, evading all the others... He also was not sure if he had insulted her at the first place.. he had to change that. A talk would be nice, it remembered him about learning how to read.. that had been a adhiel lady as well.

While placing the now very restless little wolf back on the table he forced his face into a smile and asked "Is there room for a other person on this table Ladies ? I promise the little Reiker here won't be a bother. Nor will the one who carries him around.."
Last edited by Langredoc on Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Yelena Kintessia
Civus

Paige wrote:"It is a very busy eveningtide indeed. If you don't mind me asking, what brings you to this place?"

“I came here to pass a message to someone, and stay for the ni – Ah.” Yelena's last word to Paige was cut short by the request of the other man who had walked over to them. Yelena looked over to him, her lips parting just slightly. He was the man she had seen outside as she was walking to the Burpin' Dragon. She assumed whatever he had planned to say with the tall woman was finished now, whether successful or unsuccessful.

Yelena looked him over for a flicker. He wore some armor and had some weapons too. Somehow she didn't notice as she walked by him, but for her to stand and stare at him at that time was not a favorable situation. Yelena turned to Paige.

“I do believe there is room...” She had to leave the answer to Paige as she was originally at the table first.
Paige
Civus

Post by Paige »

Yelena's answer was cut off by that of Langredoc, the man who had come to the adhiel's table at first. Paige turned to look at him and she couldn't help but feel somewhat relieved. Perhaps the greasy man will leave now that this knightly gentleman has returned. Paige was hopeful that the portly man would find a table elsewhere, but on the other hand, she didn't care if he decided to stay either.

With a slight smile, Paige glanced from Yelena to Langredoc. If this woman whom she had only met just seconds ago seemed to think it was adequate for the man to sit with them, then she would just have to go for it. Ultimately, she was beginning to enjoy the company. It had been quite some time that she was among friendly folk and it was a breath of fresh air compared to all of the negativity she had recently encountered.

"Yelena is correct, there is room for you," Paige stated looking up at Langredoc with a provocative smile, "You look like you could use some time to collect yourself. Your smile cannot hide the emotional mess that your eyes show."
Last edited by Paige on Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:31 am, edited 7 times in total.
Corbin Dillon
Noble Apprentice

Post by Corbin Dillon »

"Oh, but fire with a flint and dagger is boring." Corbin laughed. "It's much more exciting to do it magically. Perhaps make green fire. Or even better, create the illusion of fire next to Bill and watch him try and put it out. Good old Bill. He enjoys it all, I'm sure." Corbin said. Well, he was reasonably sure the gruff old dwarf enjoyed it. Then again, his reaction wasn't always entirely one of unrestrained joy.

He raised his eyebrow as Ralph suggested that Yosie and a lady were looking at him. A lady crying, and then taking interest in him was something of a strange occurrence. He cast his mind back, trying to recall if he had given any lady a reason to cry in the Citadel, but was reasonably sure he hadn't, so he felt comfortable that he had had nothing to do with Valya's condition.

"They clearly have good taste then." Corbin said with a wink, and then began concentrating on the aether, drawing the coloured strands of magic, which was the specific way that he saw energy, under his control, preparing a little illusion. If they were paying him attention then it was only right that he give them something to see.

Corbin turned to Valya and smiled as she curtsied and introduced herself. He gave her a quick examination. The first thing that struck him was that she was partly of Adhiel descent. He knew many Adhiel now, and it seemed that she was not a pure-blood, perhaps half, maybe a quarter. In truth he wasn't an expert on elves, so he couldn't be sure, but she was a striking woman - but young, he could see that in the way she was not fully grown into her body.

"Enchanted, Valya Nix, enchanted." He said standing up and bowing to her. As he did so, he caught one of her hands and kissed it. As he kissed her hand it was his intent to release his illusion, and cause several glittering silver tendrils to spread from where he kissed her hand and glide up her hand and arm until they disappeared under her clothes, and then slowly dissipate.

"I am Corbin Dillon, and this is Ralph. He is a veteran of the Battle for Aveas, and I am a veteran of the wrath of our good innkeep Bill." He said with a grin. "I shall let you decide which it is more impressive to have survived. Would you care for a seat at our table?" He enquired.
Valya Nix
Civus

Post by Valya Nix »

Well, that was the first hurdle overcome. She had seen no flash of recognition or scorn in his eyes when she said her name. That was good enough for Val. She’d rather have the fun of gaining a bad reputation than have one imposed on her.

Then he took her hand. In all the times Valya had ever had her hand kissed she had never felt as particularly giddy as she did now. Val figured it was just the excitement in the city air combined with the fact that he was handsome and she was pretty. But then she looked down at her hand.

“Oh!” Her free hand flew to her mouth as if to catch the little surprised noise. Valya stared Corbin straight in the eyes, a look as intimate and powerful as a first kiss. Then she dropped her gaze back down to her hand as the magic faded; her eyebrows up and drawn slightly together in a heartbreakingly powerful expression of wonder. He had just shown her the first real magic she had ever seen. For the rest of her life, Valya would remember the exact moment when something otherworldly happened to her in this work-a-day tavern.

“Well, my stars and garters,” Valya whistled, forgetting herself a bit. “I most certainly would like a seat.” She pulled out a chair and sat herself down, not waiting for one of the men to do it. “I had just the most dreadful time today as I came through the city, as I was telling Miss Yosie. I had already walked for days and days. And then those fireworks! If that was indeed what they were, I mean. What luck to have found two such brave gentlemen to weather the storm with.” Valya favored Ralph with a sweet, girlish smile. “Namaste, Master” she said with a slight bow of her head.

Now that they had heard her speak a few sentences they might notice her Citadel accent was slightly…countrified. The consonants soft, the vowels slurring together, her accent gave her voice a nice throaty purr and made her sound at once ladylike and earthy. “I’m sure you’ll just have to tell me all about it.” Valya looked over at Yosie, “And Miss Yosie too, if she doesn’t have more pressing business?”

Return to “Outer Ring Archive”