The Agenda (Black Bridge) (CHYR 26 NT)

Moderator: Mods

Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

The Agenda (Black Bridge) (CHYR 26 NT)

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

In times past, Lord Ahrildale of Kislovan had made Black Bridge his home, a consummate breeder and trainer of horses and a self-appointed master of the trade. Lord Ahrildale had long since left the Citadel in generations past, but his modest home in the Patrician's Ring remains alongside a very broad and impressive coach house, it's narrow construction and dark stones tipped with winged horses at every corner making it more of a distinctive landmark for the city than the public house itself. Black Bridge was constructed of a very dark stone dug deep from the Citadel itself, for Lord Ahrildale was rumored to have constructed the buildings...both the coach house and the public house...to match his prized Kislovani racing stud, Areilo, an animal immortalized by a great statue that stood even today in the center of the great round that connected both the coach house and the public house to the street beyond.

The public house itself might have been something of a disappointment compared to the lovely coach house, it's blocky, convenient shape featuring a great terrace behind, a terrace that looked out towards the Citadel fortress itself. Black Bridge faced east to look out over a very modest stretch of city before one could see the ocean, and while it had never actually housed a bridge as the name implied, the original resident of the old house was not often remembered for his sense or sensibilities. A running balcony looked out over the coach round below, both platforms holding various tables and chairs at discreet distances to allow her residents the opportunity for morningtide breakfasts on the balcony or eveningtide dinners on the terrace, within easy sight of the rising or falling sun.

With rooms starting at a small fortune to rent, Black Bridge was hardly meant for the average tenant. Featuring a modest kitchen, several studies and lounges, and almost twenty private accommodations, it remained the choice for visiting dignitaries, the traveling wealthy, or most often permanent tenants looking for a more suitable environment than those offered in the Inner City. The foyer of Black Bridge was a broad, tiled room decorated with several potted trees of a fresh, deciduous, broad variety along with several great tapestries featuring, naturally enough, horses in various poses of run or play. A tall, thin, adhiel doorman always stood nearby, one of several servants the house kept on staff, attentive for those guests or residents that would arrive or depart throughout the day.

He had gathered all of his notes from the evening before, once again 'out-glowing the indigo' to present Lady Vlast with his newest plans to keep the agendas in touch. The meeting with the steward had not gone as planned, and for all he knew, his previous inquiries could have been lost in the paperwork. On the fairer side, the two people he was supposed to keep tabs on were going on the same quest with Ulder and Lady Vlast's chambers were almost complete. A few minor details for her preference needed to be cleared before he continued.

Oh, but how he was energized today! His confidence was quite renewed after sitting down and plotting things. People were much more complicated than straight magical rote as many variables were in place which he had to consider. His notes were like a spider web which related to connections and other possible allies and foes. He also went to bed on time, disciplining himself from his long nights of study in order to be punctual for his appointment with the Lady Vlast. He was still catching up on who was connected with whomever else and was still dabbing notes all the way through the coach ride as his mind raced faster than a flying dragon.

He never imagined actually getting sleep would keep him energized to think even more! Never in his life would he had dreamed that political strategy would be such an interesting puzzle to solve. Quite frankly, this was almost now turning into a game for the would-be Archmage... no, the eventual Wizard King of Gulanadur. His heart wanted to marry her so badly! Of course... that was her decision. That wouldn't detour him, however, as he knew being her husband required him to be a great politician.

Poor Thierian... he was just the bodyguard and he had to once again hear the 'ramble plots' of his master as they headed up to the Black Bridge.

"Alright, that leaves... Kislovan and the refugee's of Taquar..."
Last edited by Ssinith DIllil on Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If all things are energy and a wizard is a master of manipulating it, then as a politician am I studying the greatest sorcery of all."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Most Heroic Male PC (2008)
Most Religious PC (2008/2006)
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

It was not for nothing that Blackbridge was famed as being the finest establishment in Citadel if not the whole Empire. Discrete and efficient staff that catered to every whim of their guests, fine food and drinks and a location to die for. It was with a soft voice that the doorman greeting Ssinith, holding the door open for him to enter inside. "Good day, Lord Ambassador." Thierian was in first, taking a swift step and glancing about the room swiftly, forsaking protocol for security, stepping out of the way once he was certain everything was safe. He did not move when an adhiel, immaculately dressed in a black suit appeared before them and bowed. "Master D'Illil, what an honor. Would you like a table?" He motioned towards the dining room to his left, and with eyes still lowered added. "Or perhaps a room away from no doubt frantic Gulandur Embassy? We could have one ready in a couple of burns."
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

"Namaste! A table, good cousin. I am also wondering if the Lady Vlast is available to speak with. At her leisure, of course. I am still in awe of surface cuisine, and would like to celebrate the Coronation in my own way. I would truly like to experience a full course meal."

He had been denied the Red Banner, and the Coronation had the ice cream, and he wanted to have that sit down meal that he had been craving for tides. He was starting to appreciate Tuwa's desire for food. Indeed, there was a bit of fun in trying new foods and experimenting with exotic dishes. S'sinith likely made a fool out of himself in front of Tuwa that day, but at least he remembered getting the bat pieces his spat out of his hair. He silently wondered what came of the plump man and his 'business'.

Those were the days... as a mere wizard.

He was accepting the fact that he was an Ambassador, though, and bent on self improvement for the better of his people. His smile was honest, and couldn't wait to have a great spread placed before him. Other than the ice cream last night, he didn't have much food since he had fasted a little to be with Molten. He was more than eager for a nice sit down to relax.
"If all things are energy and a wizard is a master of manipulating it, then as a politician am I studying the greatest sorcery of all."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Remaining bowed, their host nodded quickly moving out of Ssinith's way and making a few quick motions through the air, sending the staff in the dinning room into a frenzy of activity. Within flickers a table was ready, the waited waiting for the Ambassador to enter the room before following a respectful step behind the honored guest. He held the chair for Ssinith to be seated, another waited doing the same for Thierian, though the guard glanced warily before lowering his posterior. A flicker later they both found themselves presented with a menu, the names of dishes and short list of ingredients written down in a flowery gold ink.

"I fear Lady Vlast is not here yet, but I shall inform her you are waiting as soon as she returns." The waiter folded his hands before him, pausing, almost reluctant to go on. "Pardon me for intruding, but perhaps you would like me to recommend something from our menu? Perhaps a light entrée while you wait for the more filling food to arrive. I recommend our bruschetta. Grilled bread, with just a dash of garlic rubbed in for aroma, a thin slice of fine mozzarella atop it, a dash of basil, just a bit of spiced olive oil on top, and some tomatoes to awake your stomach for the food to come."
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

((Is the menu in Adhiel or in Common?))

S'sinith looked at the menu as one of his ears lowered in confusion. There were many ingredients which S'sinith had never tried before. He adjusted his 'dimming' glasses at the menu, not familiar with surface cuisine.

<Adhiel>

"Oh dear, I should have left word before I departed. That is what I get for being in such a rush."

He had no real idea why Thierian was so confused. He understood his need not to eat or drink too much while on duty. He had mozzarella at the Embassy, and knew the spices, but tomatoes were something he had never had before. He dare not mention the delicate bat and lizard recipes had in his homeland, as he knew they found many things strange.

In his mind he also noted that this place was not a place for the poor. Getting too much could truly bankrupt him for all he would know... so he looked for the entree section himself. His tone was curious and polite as he continued to smile, quietly noting the waiter's hesitance.

"Hmm... I have never had tomatoes before. Are there any good recommendations you would make for that?"

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

OOC: Of course the menu is in adhiel too. What kind of sloppy joint you think Blackbridge is? ;)

With a quick wave of his hand the waiter summoned one of his colleague, whispering a few words before the man disappeared through the back door. "We'll be happy to deliver a note to the lady. You'll get some paper and ink in a moment, Your Excellence." True to his word the other waiter appeared in a few flickers, placing several pieces of paper and an inkstand before the Gulandur Ambassador. "Tomatoes? Oh, but you are truly missing a treat, milord. One must of course be careful and pick only the finest breeds, but the texture is quite unique. Perhaps a tomato salad with the main course if you are reluctant to indulge in bruschetta?"

The menu had over a hundred items listed upon it, and had he looked at the covers Ssinith would find that it was the Rasday menu, the choice of dishes upon it changing according to the day of the week. There was a fine mix of dishes upon the menu, ranging from all over the world, though he Ambassador could hardly know that given his limited experience with surface food.

OOC: What I want to say is that you can pick anything you like and I will have it on the menu
Last edited by Grey Wolf on Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

((OOC: I haven't gone to many high-ritz places myself, dood. *Snicker*))

"Oh, thank you, good sir." S'sinith nodded before returning to his menu.

"Decisions, decisions... I am more than impressed! Hmmm... I think I will try the Bruschetta after all. There is so much here that I have never tried! When your passion is study, you tend to ignore things like food. Now that I am Ambassador, I have truly learned to enjoy the smaller things in life. The main course is going to be the true challenge."

Something jumped out at him... there were some Gulanadur dishes here, meaning they knew what the general meats down there were. Yes... they even had bat and lizard in the royal dishes and he would likely not be scorned for asking, but something finally caught his eye.

He also decided it would be a nice political move to go with a Kislovan dish in this house. Knowing what small things he DID have from the surface when he was down below would at least win him some 'bravo' points for his genuine interest.

"This one from the Nedielabh region... Wine Soaked Mutton Curry? Now that is intriguing! . Tell me all about the spices of Kislovan! I know how renowned they are, but I have only had the pleasure of having it in your Amaro and Golden Passion. What is it like in the main dishes?"

So what if he didn't know squat about that region? As long as he spoke as if he knew, he would learn about it from his questions.
Last edited by Ssinith DIllil on Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

The waiter did not move away from the table, another of his fellows picking the order and disappearing through the kitchen door, leaving the older fellow ready to answer Ssinith's questions. "Curry takes its name from the curry leaves, Your Excellence. And that is one of the main spices used in the preparation of this particular dish. I fear I do not know the exact recipe, though I am sure the cook will be delighted to share it with such distinguished guest, provided of course you are sworn to secrecy." He smiled, clearly jesting, before adding. "You know how chef's are. So protective of their masterpieces."

At that moment the other waiter returned, placing a pair of plates before both Ssinith and Thierian, each plate bearing a two quartets of burschetta. There were two types of toppings, one being a mixture of finely chopped tomatoes and sharp smelling spices, the other much simpler, bread bearing a thin slice of cheese, sprinkled with some brownish liquid. The waited paused to see if the guests would sample the food before proceeding with his explanation. "But, before we summon the chef, some of the spices in the curry you ordered are garlic, coriander, and I believe there is at least a dash of ginger. Definitely some peppers and a bit of fennel and anise seeds. The rest I fear is a secret even to me."
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

"Such a sophisticated blend of art and science... I understand well why he would never tell me everything" S'sinith replied.

He truly respected the chefs work, not having paid much attention to cooking in the past, though he used to pretend he was an alchemist in his mother's kitchen when he would help make dinner. He tried the new dish set before him with the proper manners and tried his first bite of spice.

He breathed in a little sharp, not expecting the spice combination, but after a bit, decided it was exquisite. Tomato had a certain juicy kick to it which he wasn't used to, but he realized that he liked the kick. With the cheese, though... oh, was that heaven!

His tone was honestly amazed... certainly not one of the average noble snobs who took good food for granted, but that of a man who loved and understood craftsmanship, science, and what items would make a great formula! He waited for the full explanation before speaking again.

"He must truly love his craft to be so meticulous. There is not a single area left untouched by flavor! For even the small things to be a masterpiece... I understand how this place is so high quality. The cheese balances everything so smoothly!"

His gaze turned briefly sheepish.

"Pardon me... my forte' as a wizard is Alchemy. I love investigating what makes something remarkable. My head was often buried in a book back home, so I never really considered the application of such fine precision in normal life. I knew it took yahren of dedication and hard work for every craft, but until you have had time to stop thinking so hard about your own work, you have a hard time to consider or appreciate the work of others."

He took another quarter of the bread and paused to relax and enjoy the spike of spice and cheese. The wizard had never really had a lot of spice in his dishes before, and he was finding that he liked it. He also pondered his own revelation... worship of Molten wasn't just in the hard work that the worshiper put out, but the appreciation of growth and the hard work of others.

"I can hardly wait for the main course!"

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

The waiter seemed to appreciate Sssinith's expression and comments almost as much as Ambassador enjoyed the taste of bruschetta, smiling politely and nodding, finding little he could add to the praises. The cheese and sauce kind was more spicy that the tomato one, not quite burning his throat in the aftermath, but warming it up just a bit. Then feeling a moment of closeness with Ssinith the waiter chuckled as he praised the chef and added in a light tone. "Our chef can be seen as a bit odd at times. He is a perfectionist and that makes him so good at what he does. And as an alchemist you should not that as our chef says so often, it is not just the ingredients that make a masterpiece, but also the way you mix them as well as love you put into making the dish." Then almost as an afterthought he added. "Perhaps you would like something to drink while you wait?" He turned towards Thierian and inquired. "Would you like something as well, sir?"
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

"I would have wine, but I find even the light stuff affects my thinking. If her Ladyship arrives, I would need my mind. A tea would be wonderful, thank you!"

He looked to Thierian, wondering if he was doing alright in this situation. Though he was just a bodyguard, he had been at his side for a long time. S'sinith did care about him as a loyal and trusted guard to make sure that he was feeling alright.

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Craghley

Post by Craghley »

OOC: 'ello there, I'm giving Mr. Wolf a wee break and so shall be modding this 'ere thread for ya.

[hr][/hr]
Thierian nodded.
"I would appreciate a cup of tea if it's on offer, thank you."

The waiter gave another pleasing smile.
"I assure you, our teas are of equally fine quality to the wines. We have a variety available - black, green, yellow and white. We obtain some very high quality leaves from Aveas, and your Excellence may find the complete assortment on the back page of the beverages menu. Would sirs like a pot to share? We can also provide milk, sugar, and honey separately, for you to add as you wish."

Thierian leaned forward a little once the waiter had finished. The bodyguard nodded towards the inkwell and paper.

"Sorry to interrupt sir, but the sooner the Lady Vlast receives the note, the sooner you may see her. Unless you would wish to meal before seeing the Lady."
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

"Oh! Right!"

S'sinith was too caught up in enjoying himself to get practicality out of the way as his ears drooped slightly in a sheepish gaze.

"Green sounds wonderful! I heard how refreshing it could be!"

With that, he began to stretch out his fingers, trying to remember his old calligraphy lessons when he was a boy and began to write a note as the tea was being prepared. He wrote slowly and made certain not to misspell a dot if he could help it.

Your Ladyship Vlast Devir,

I apologize for arriving here without first notifying you. It appears I have much to learn about protocol, still. Upon receiving certain information, I would like to speak with you about the proper way to handle things outside my power as Ambassador, but it pertains to those you told me to watch for. Since we are dealing with another land who has yet to see us on the surface, the situation may prove to be troublesome in our endeavors here. Send for me when you are available to speak on this matter, as I have several plans in mind.

Yours, Ambassador S'sinith D'Illil-Devir

He paused from his writing, thinking about his new relationship with Molten. He now had a bloody long list of titles to his name and it was almost absurd in his eyes; Lord Ambassador S'sinith D'Illil-Devir, Aspirant and Firebrand of Molten, Wizard and Alchemist. He shook his head at himself and hoped that he wouldn't have to hear the full thing often.

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Craghley

Post by Craghley »

Thierian asked for green tea from the waiter as well, who was more than happy to summon another underservant to recieve the order and take it to the kitchen. Ssinith's adhiel waiter smiled again.

"Green tea is a very refreshing beverage, you are correct sir. As are the white and yellow teas in particular, though camomile is perhaps the best renowned in this regard, sir."

But he fell silent as Ssinith began writing his note to lady Vlast, unwilling to interrupt. The paper they had provided for him was fine quality and the pen was clean. But with the added flair of a touch of calligraphy, it took a couple of sheets to get the letter right. During this time one of the employees returned with a silver platter holding a steaming pot, two small cups and saucers, a pouring sieve, and a few additives such as sugar and honey in separate little pots, each with their own respective little silver spoon. The tray was set down on the table and the man went on to silently pour two cups and place them before Ssinith and Thierian. That done, he retreated back to the kitchen with a small bow.

Once Ssinith had finished the letter and was satisfied, the same man reappeared at the beck of the adhiel, approaching the table to receive both the final result and the two attempts. He was also carrying a small lit red candle. The letter he slipped into a simple white envelope, while the adhiel waiter said,

"We shall seal the letter and deliver it to her Ladyship or her residence immediately, your Excellence."

Ssinith noticed that the courier meticulously folded the drafts into perfect sqares before he left, rather than just scrunching them up. He let the candle wax fall gently over the flap then pushed a stamp with the house service signature into the congealing liquid. The man then gave another bow and departed.

"Your main course shall be arriving shortly, sirs," their waiter remarked. "It is most probable that you shall have time to enjoy the fare before the good Lady arrives."
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

"Thank you for your service. It is much appreciated."

Even to fold the drafts instead of nonchalantly discarding them. These people had a lot of class. He nodded with an impressed gaze, almost blown away by the service, but he had learned enough from Lady Vlast that it is more mature to stay reserved. It was the "noble" thing to do.

"You must enjoy your work as well. All of you are punctual as well as meticulous. Never lose that joy in your precision."

Something didn't seem right, though. How did they know about the time she would return? Furthermore, why were they slightly hesitant when he arrived? If she was away somewhere, why would she leave note of when she would return? Or perhaps she was still asleep and needed time to awaken. Furthermore, if they would deliver it to her residence or to her directly, did they not know she was staying at the Black Bridge?

S'sinith made no motion to believe he thought something was amiss, but paused for a moment to briefly glance over to his bodyguard.
Last edited by Ssinith DIllil on Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Craghley

Post by Craghley »

Ssinith wrote:"Thank you for your service. It is much appreciated."

The second waiter maintained a stoic expression and said nothing as he bowed, but the Adhiel gave him a surprisingly stern look and said,
"It is our pleasure, your Excellence. You will find this establishment takes pride in maintaining a level of service more than adequate for those of fine breeding, sir."
A slight flush came to the second mans' face. Still wordlessly he replaced the two drafts upon the edge of the table before departing with the final letter. Their waiter watched his underlings' retreating back with eyes aloof.
"I apologise. Some people have no sense of ettiquette... would you wish of me to dispose of those for you, or would you prefer to at your own leisure?"
The Adhiel nodded at the drafts. Thierian likewise caught his eye, shrugging, as though to suggest he could pocket them for Ssinith if he prefered.

Ssinith wrote:"You must enjoy your work as well. All of you are punctual as well as meticulous. Never lose that joy in your precision."

Their man allowed another smile as the compliment went to heart.
"Thank you, your Excellence. Fine lives require a fine service, sir; this is a house of high prestige. You honour us with your praise. Ah!"

That was quick. A graceful ebony figure had appeared in the doorway, the lady Vlast resplendant in a captivating, though by no means gaudy, dress of subtle colour which teased the eye into thinking it was black one second and purple the next. It took but a flicker for her eyes to set upon Ssiniths' table and she made her way towards it. She covered the ground at a casual ('regal' may have been more fitting) pace, her eyes set on Ssinith and mouth turned up in a light smile.
The waiter raised a hand and snapped his fingers, summoning yet another servant from the recesses of the room and took up position behind a chair opposite the table to the Ambassador, ready to pull it out for the lady.
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

Nodding at the man, he gave a small laugh. He remembered his own past mistakes in his manners before and shrugged slightly.

"Nothing to worry about. I would actually prefer to keep them as my calligraphy is slightly rusty. Besides, I was a bit brash in my own right to not send word before my arrival here to the Lady."

Speak of the nether. At the sight, S'sinith stood up from his table as manners demanded because of the presence of a lady. He recalled his direct orders not to bow to her so he nodded respectfully instead as she was still his mentor in such affairs. His gaze turned from laid back to respectful in her presence.

"Your Ladyship, please pardon me for not sending word. My zeal overtook my protocol."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Craghley

Post by Craghley »

Thierian stood along with Ssinith, and asked in hushed tones,
"Shall I allow you some privacy, sir?"

The lady Vlast Devir soon made her way to the table, the gem dusting upon her skin becoming more apparent with each step, her smile widening. SHe greeted Ssinith and took a seat from the waiter, hardly paying the man any attention as she did so. As usual, her bearing was graceful and demanded respect; her posture was a rigid as steel.

"Namaste, lord Ambassador. It is a small courtesy I am sure you shall have no problem with in the future." Her smile became toying, playful. "In fact, what do I have here?" she asked. Pulling the envelope from her person she broke the seal in two with elaborate delicacy and pulled the letter out, eyes running over the script. "I do believe I received such an appropriate notice after all!"

Vlast then faced the waiter.
"A cup of your oolong tea, please. And afterwards a light Worlds' Mouth salmon salad with cherry bocconcini and a mild dashing of black pepper, thank you."

And without even glancing at the menu. Their waiter nodded and waited to see if there was anything else that was required of him by Ssinith, Vlast, or Thierian, while his underling mentally jotted down the order and bowed before striding purposefully off to the kitchens. Vlast returned her attention to Ssinith.

"I'm glad you've decided to call by, master D'Illil. I've a little time to spare, so let us make this relaxed and enjoyable. How are matters at the embassy?"
Last edited by Craghley on Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

S'sinith laughed sheepishly a moment, appreciating Vlast's merciful nature to his slight blunder. She seemed so laid back for a noble. As he slowly sat down after she had done so herself, he took a relaxed sip of his own tea. He noted how she was as she spoke to the waiter, and realized that she was still royalty.

"The Embassy is nearly complete, but I had to ask you about the color scheme for your room. We have the Indigo in the halls, but were unsure if you wanted white or purple light for the chamber, thus held off on the final colors. We also needed to see if Your Ladyship already had brought items from home which required a matching set."

He may have been an intellectual as opposed to an artist, but he knew that she might want something closer to home some days. Keeping the conversation pleasant was a good thing for now, as he had no idea how he would react to the news of the two Dark Adhiel in Pax Balthasar.

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Craghley

Post by Craghley »

Ssinith wrote:The Embassy is nearly complete, but I had to ask you about the color scheme for your room. We have the Indigo in the halls, but were unsure if you wanted white or purple light for the chamber, thus held off on the final colors. We also needed to see if Your Ladyship already had brought items from home which required a matching set."

"Mmm, indigo is such an attractive hue." Vlast sighed. "I'm afraid the lodgings here, as sumptious as they may be for surface folk, are far too bright for comfort. Blackbridge has adapted adequately - though not equally - to our cuisine, but rooms are another matter. I'm wondering whether places such as this will see the necessity of creating lodgings suitable to our people in the near future."
The lady sniffed, looking outside the window of the dining room and quickly averting her eyes from the glare.
"I digress, though. The indigo shall do perfectly.
"So, how did you find the ceremony?" She was, of course, referring to the coronation the night before. "Such an eventful evening! How did you find yourself in the midst of all that 'nobility'?"
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

"So, how did you find the ceremony?" She was, of course, referring to the coronation the night before. "Such an eventful evening! How did you find yourself in the midst of all that 'nobility'?"

"I thought I handled myself well. It was interesting to meet Sosa, but the infamous Ulder was quite intriguing... particularly with his mission to Pax Balthasar. He is the archetype of an idealist for better or for worse. I respect his plans, but he has gotten himself into deeper political trouble than he realizes."

He paused to take a sip of tea before continuing, folding his hands in front of him. This was less than pleasant conversation, but it was a serious matter which needed action to be taken.

"As you departed from the dance, I spoke with the good General Thrandil. He, too, is departing for Pax with Ulder. Together, they hope to make a place where every faith may be worshiped freely, as well as the Gulanadur gods. It would also appear that the two you told me to watch are going to be accompanying him. As I spoke with the General, he told me that Raevyn in particular had joined the Emerald Guard. He described her as a great fighter, but a cold woman who thought little of others. After informing him of the potential of a political insurgent, of which he had no idea, and we both realized that Ulder may be bringing with him a rabid lizard. The west already doesn't take kindly to us... to have a brash one as a member of a prestigious Adhiel guard would bring the nether crashing to Pax should there be an incident. I heard little of the Amun Rah Ambassador other than his participation, so I have no idea if that would cause political ramifications where he is."

He allowed the Lady to assess the situation before presenting his plans to remedy it to a degree.
Last edited by Ssinith DIllil on Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Craghley

Post by Craghley »

In the silence that followed Ssiniths' revelation, the waiter returned with Vlasts' tea. She didn't show any outward change, and graciously acknowledged the servant with a hand gesture. She then dismissed their Adhiel waiter who had been standing courteously out of ear shot.

"Seodhiu ta ea, my good man. Thank you for your service."

The senior waiter nodded. As the others did before him, he left them with a bow.

"You are most gracious, Lady Devir. I remain at your disposal, sir and madame, when you wish."

He left, but only move into the centre of the room so that he may observe a table in need of assistance. Vlast blew gently on her tea, and the coils of steam drifted into a ray of light from the windows. Sipping the oolong tea, she watched the writhing vapour for a flicker. Only for a flicker though; soon she looked directly at Ssinith.

"Go on. Tell me what you think of this."
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

S'sinith paused, knowing it was unpleasant. He bowed his head slightly and brought out his notes. He sipped his tea and nodded to the waiter as he sighed to himself, enjoying the tea to relax.

"They need to be watched, this is for certain. I respect what they are attempting to do, but with the Western Ambassador being a "shining Oneist" Ulder's plans could still have a dire ripple effect here. With the fall of the King Balthasar, they may be getting more tolerant, but I believe it is a bit early to go in with the memories of the war so close. Ulder himself said he wanted nothing to do with politics, and he has all of these powerful political players in his group. He has a strong heart and military background, but even if he is not respresented by nobody but himself, it reflects on other people. I had pondered going in myself because I wanted a Temple of Molten to be built on the surface. Since it was harder here because of the already established faiths, I enjoyed the irony of the first true non-Oneist temple in Pax being of Molten."

Taking out his notes, he had plotted out several charts of action.

"The General said that he would send word on the situation while he was over there, so I will wait a few tides to make a final decision. It will also depend on how many people in power know of Ulder's quest. If it is a private venture, then it may not have as much of an impact here. Considering how open he was about asking Sosa and I about the venture, and how quick he was to throw the names out of those attending, I can guess that it is at least known who the players are. The biggest questions in what to do next would be how the West can turn this to ruin others."

He tapped the list, pointing out names and other things.

"Now, I am still green on those who are tolerant of us, but for Amun Rah to appoint a Dark Adhiel as Ambassador is rather huge. The first cut I can see for something wrong about to happen is the West blaming Amun Rah for something even if he wasn't attached to Amun Rah. Simply having that position would set a perch of political attack. When it comes to our surface cousins having a loose cannon who is also potentially of a merchant house of mercy in Gulanadur, it would be the main weapon they would have against the surface Adhiel of the ruined Taquar. Out of our two cousins, considering the situation of oppression in the West, D'Altamooriana poses the much bigger threat. If anything catastrophic happens, you already mentioned at the Coronation that the Kislovan representatives were not giving you much respect. The scales between the surface and dark Adhiel are still tipped, despite my attempts to show good tidings to the surface in general. I have made great strides in speaking with the church of Illuminatus."

S'sinith tapped his fingers together, wondering how big of a blow up this could be for Gulanadur in the Isles.

"I have no authority in Pax, yet what happens there can easily spill into something here. Would this require my direct intervention, or could we sent a 'pilgrimage' group to build a temple of Molten in Pax to at least monitor the situation? I know I have other important objectives, but the events there could have an effect on how the surface treats us here. Suffice to say my supposed meeting with the Caesar was with his steward, so the last thing we need is something to bring down our respectability."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Craghley

Post by Craghley »

Ssinith wrote:"They need to be watched, this is for certain. I respect what they are attempting to do, but with the Western Ambassador being a "shining Oneist" Ulder's plans could still have a dire ripple effect here. With the fall of the King Balthasar, they may be getting more tolerant, but I believe it is a bit early to go in with the memories of the war so close. Ulder himself said he wanted nothing to do with politics, and he has all of these powerful political players in his group. He has a strong heart and military background, but even if he is not respresented by nobody but himself, it reflects on other people. I had pondered going in myself because I wanted a Temple of Molten to be built on the surface. Since it was harder here because of the already established faiths, I enjoyed the irony of the first true non-Oneist temple in Pax being of Molten."

"Mmm. Well, you are correct in your assessments. Should Ulderon Synkaaros' expedition cause trouble in Pax, then the West may point the finger of blame at the Citadel. The presence of the D'Altimoora woman may cause the Citadel pass the blame onto us. And in the likely scenario of Raevyn being the cause it will come to us all the harder and faster. The Oneists may also decide a firmer grip in Pax will be required - and the 'heathens' there will not appreciate that."

Ssinith wrote:"The General said that he would send word on the situation while he was over there, so I will wait a few tides to make a final decision. It will also depend on how many people in power know of Ulder's quest. If it is a private venture, then it may not have as much of an impact here. Considering how open he was about asking Sosa and I about the venture, and how quick he was to throw the names out of those attending, I can guess that it is at least known who the players are. The biggest questions in what to do next would be how the West can turn this to ruin others."

"The West may see this as some sort of intervention. Perhaps they'll demand some sort of apology and reparation? The lack of secrecy on Ulder's behalf, and his independance may make it difficult for them to condemn it as a Citadel - or some sort of heathen - saboteur mission." The lady paused for a small laugh. "But then, why should that stop them?"

Ssinith wrote:"Now, I am still green on those who are tolerant of us, but for Amun Rah to appoint a Dark Adhiel as Ambassador is rather huge. The first cut I can see for something wrong about to happen is the West blaming Amun Rah for something even if he wasn't attached to Amun Rah. Simply having that position would set a perch of political attack. When it comes to our surface cousins having a loose cannon who is also potentially of a merchant house of mercy in Gulanadur, it would be the main weapon they would have against the surface Adhiel of the ruined Taquar. Out of our two cousins, considering the situation of oppression in the West, D'Altamooriana poses the much bigger threat. If anything catastrophic happens, you already mentioned at the Coronation that the Kislovan representatives were not giving you much respect. The scales between the surface and dark Adhiel are still tipped, despite my attempts to show good tidings to the surface in general. I have made great strides in speaking with the church of Illuminatus."

"This prejudice will not be overcome without great difficulty, you know that. It will probably take years, if it ever fully happens. So yes. Any loss of the progress you are making, we cannot afford. In regards to Raevyn we can always argue the fact that even we have made her an outcast. She is dangerously unstable by all accounts, let us just hope that others think it is because we do not endorse her 'evil'.
I am still very much interested to see how Jadmai's visit there pans out."

Ssinith wrote:"I have no authority in Pax, yet what happens there can easily spill into something here. Would this require my direct intervention, or could we sent a 'pilgrimage' group to build a temple of Molten in Pax to at least monitor the situation? I know I have other important objectives, but the events there could have an effect on how the surface treats us here. Suffice to say my supposed meeting with the Caesar was with his steward, so the last thing we need is something to bring down our respectability."

"Good idea. I understand there is a dwarf colony near the town which should augment the faith there. And while they're at it, the group could assist the refugees of Pax. You might curry favour with the people there, not to mention make a few converts."

At his point a waiter appeared bearing both Ssinith and Vlast's dishes. The curry was served upon a bed of rice, surprisingly flavoured with cinnamon, and a side of appetising dahl. The mutton itself carried a heady aroma and was tender from the slow cook in the marinade. The mixture of wine and spices in the sauce culminated with the meat to create a scent which suggested, as one could almost taste it on the air, a dish which blended a mixture of ingredients to create a whole which was greater and entirely beyond the sum of its' parts. A small jar of a potent-smelling jam-like substance, with a small spoon, was also set before the Ambassador. Another waiter provided a bottle of chilled water and two glasses. After filling up a glass each for the two diners, they both disappeared with a bow.
Lady Vlast picked at her salad, chewing appreciatively. Normally the movement of the jaw created an undignified visage, but not on Lady VLast Devir. Having swallowed she continued the conversation.

"You must meet personally with the Caesar. The man is shrewd, so you must spare no mercy for his bureaucracy. Otherwise he will pile subtle insult upon subtle insult on you - and thus, Gulanadur as a whole - and then what weight will your office carry? Little enough for him to push us around as he sees fit. You must not allow the Caesar Andolin to treat us so. Or anyone else for that matter.
Your progress so far is relatively satisfying, but it is 'early days' as they say up here. If you handle this situation well, and those which follow, then you will gain enough status to impose yourself upon the Caesar and the court of the Citadel."
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

Seeing the waiter and nodding graciously, he paused when the meal arrived, making the basic prayer gesture of Molten with his two fingers pressed together in a triangle. He prayed a brief blessing over the main course. It was the basic of basic prayers of Molten, but his god was as much a part of this as he and Vlast.

<Adhiel>
"Empower our bodies, empower our spirits. Praise Molten."

He listened as she ate, still impressed on how dignified and laid back she was. Taking a tap at the curry, he took a small dab of the spicy stuff and placed it on a small pile to the side which he mixed to see the difference in spice with and without the... 'jam'. He nodded as she spoke about the importance of getting a meeting with the Caesar as he enjoyed the hot spike and drank some water before speaking.

"This is not an easy task considering my breeding and age, though I am already slowly trying to win the respect of various institutions. I am a wizard, so I am slowly currying favor with them. Unfortunately, their focus is Battle Magic and not Alchemy like down below. Still, the fact that a freshman of the Gulanadur Academy survived a war should at least get the respect. It likely doesn't hold much sway in the Caesar's eyes, but it at least proves that despite being a few months past seventeen, I am not to be trifled with."

He paused to think, crossing off Pax as his highest priority on his list and replacing it with "Gulanadur Respect". He took a long breath as he looked down the list about the new members of the Army of the Ascent filling in gaps of the Caesar's army. Tipping his head up slightly, he pondered the recent events in town as he listened to Vlast.

After a moment of pondering, his tone was almost playful, remembering Vlast's desire for an enjoyable conversation.

"Hmm... Fires in town, crime on the rise... and where are the Caesar's guard to help the people? They already know that a Dark Adhiel is willing to help the people despite the terror. I barely saw any guardsmen at the Red Banner inferno. Perhaps we of Gulanadur need to show His Eminence how to take care of local crime problems a little better. I saw how quick even my own bodyguards went to check on the archers there. We need to give gangs and others who would disrupt the Caesar's peaceful rule a reason to fear the night. To also give his people a reason to take comfort while giving their children a nice fairy tale on why not to be naughty."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION

Return to “Patrician's Ring Archive”