The Agenda (Black Bridge) (CHYR 26 NT)

Moderator: Mods

Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

S'sinith's focused remained.. Though she called him 'Your Excellence', she did not seem to be taunting him. He felt the need to show her his serious side too, as he had made a promise to become a better man.

"I understand, my mentor. Action must come before emotions in this place. Not just here, but if Her Majesty shall truly bring me closer to her, I must be a man of action to prove that I can protect that closeness. The next step is this; to find a way to the Caesar for the both of us. That is our first priority."

He snapped his fingers and looked as if he just realized something.

"The Council Meeting! Blast! I had been so busy plotting the next distant steps that I've been blind to the obvious. I must remain calm and well-poised for that. Surely there I will know who to make friends with and whom not to step on. There we can make Gulanadur stand proud."

He paused, tapping his foot and resting his hand on his chin.

"Until then, send word back home to send a small group of pilgrims to keep the Pax situation under watch. I will not send for the Army of the Ascent until I can convince the council it is a good idea. If I have everyone's trust and not just the Caesar's it will not look like a takeover. In the meantime, I will see about using my contacts to find a proper... distraction for Scha'mur once that happens; not to mention someone to spy on him. In the meantime, to get you where you need to, we must diminish the wives tales through this city and make you trustworthy. As many know of you, most are still wary of us. We need to look... fashionable."

S'sinith had arrived at a plan, recalling the fine work that Audrey did on his robes. A smile came across his lips, not having thought of the possibility of using fashion as a weapon.

"Audrey is the pinnacle of fashion around here, no? Get her to admire the Gulanadur style, and the need to be trendy will overshadow the desire to stay away. The Caesar will wonder about the beauty who started this fabulous trend in court."
Last edited by Ssinith DIllil on Tue May 27, 2008 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If all things are energy and a wizard is a master of manipulating it, then as a politician am I studying the greatest sorcery of all."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Most Heroic Male PC (2008)
Most Religious PC (2008/2006)
Craghley

Post by Craghley »

"All this can easily be arranged. Considering how well you coordinate your movements I've few issues left I can think of discussing. But this fashion... invasion does impress me. The power of cultural infiltration is often underestimated; perhaps we see it with our own people in these days, why can we not share likewise with others?"

Precious dust glittered sharply where her roving arms fondled the cloth of her attire. Her interest in her own clothing was fleeting, for she gave Ssinith's outfit a keen perusal with smooth eyes.

"One thing, however. It would be highly advantageous if the male counterpart were also to be exhibited. Something for everyone, and from there Gulanadur craftsmen and women would likely find more employment - prestigious employment at that - here making Gulanadur items for many at court.
"As it is they have little understanding of our arts. My room here is shrouded in dreary blacks and charcoals; theyve little concept of the midnight lustres which almost deceive the eye. I think the revelation will draw much interest."

A finger tapped rapidly against her jaw while she looked squarely at the Ambassador.

"And a good way to attach to us a certain fashioanble power. Incredible how much influence such things can have. I am very glad that the idea came to you.
"And as for the actual meeting, what can you tell me of it? Unless I am keeping you; there is time until it comes around but only so many hours in a single day."
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

"Alas, I would not have time before the meeting to have another attire made before the meeting. I did... attempt to try some of the Western style in an attempt to promote the fact that I am trying to understand their ways. As for personal taste, I like maybe one or two of the set, so I can not wait to get into Gulanadur regalia. As for the meeting itself, it's a meeting of the Caesar's advisory Council which includes the higher ups. Obviously paying mind to the situations at hand. I am not sure how loud my voice is, being a newcomer, but it will be a place to make allies and enemies."

He took another sip of his green tea. So relaxing! It seemed to mellow out his previously emotional state. He loved his queen, but he hoped he didn't present it as a schoolboy crush.
"If all things are energy and a wizard is a master of manipulating it, then as a politician am I studying the greatest sorcery of all."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Craghley

Post by Craghley »

"I would be highly cautious of how you conduct yourself at the meeting. With a new Caesar, people will be wanting to find out where others stand and establish their own good relations with Andolin. Attendees will be very keen to close the distance with him, so you must be amongst the more ambitious and resourceful of their number to truly receive an ear - of either Andolin or certain of members of Council."

Vlast took a deep breath as the fading whisps emanating from Ssinith's tea twirled across the table to her. It seemed to make her smile slightly once more, and it was evident she was much more... relaxed? Than she had been just now.

"Tell me what you know so far of the other attendees, and your current agenda for the meeting," she said.
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

"Everyone who matters, I assume. Ambassadors from other countries, the high in power who have a voice, and even the merchants. My intention was to let someone else open the first door about the topic of security and then step in with a plan. My plan is to keep calm and poised and offer my two banner while being well-informed. I know I am the foreigner in this instance. I am certain after these past two fires as well as the rise in crime that it will be brought up at least once. At the same token, I can not be afraid to make enemies, either. If I side with someone of importance, there will be people after me. Not that I plan to make a throng of them, mind you, I must simply be aware of how to dance between knowing who I can deal with and who I shouldn't need to."

He was confident now. He knew his actions were the best he could muster at this time. Looking at his cup of tea, he stirred in a little honey as he topped off his cup for one more drink.

"It will be more a time of assessment. Few times will we truly get to see who matters in the political arena. I find there is more power by leading at the middle of a situation; letting the lesser do the mundane and letting the people higher in rank trade precious time for their responsibilities... and come to you to help them with the load. This also leaves you less enemies because they are always looking to take out the fools above you, and not realize that you are their backbone. This is where I believe I will fit into Citadel, particularly once the word starts to spread about my magic. It would be too early for that, though. They already whisper about it, I'm sure, but I have to give them enough to confirm that I use magic... but not enough to confirm how potent my powers can be. Enough to keep other practitioners, priest, crafter, or wizard, on their toes."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Craghley

Post by Craghley »

"You'll need to ensure that you will be listened to at the meeting when you speak up. Then again, the event of you stepping in to organise the matter of 'security' may turn all there silent."

She did not say it offensively, but intended as an amused observation.

"No, you shall not have any problem found to be insurmountable. If you can perceive the political arena then as you can now, then I believe you should be able to pick the people of consequence with some effort. Nonetheless, if you do not already have even rudimentary information on a number of the... more obvious attendees, then it will be necessary for you to obtain some.
"You might find people's attitudes towards you greatly influenced by your practice of magic. I would be careful of it - as you know well enough people do not trust us much at all, and, well, users of sorcery have ever been viewed with an added degree of suspicion. Be careful lest these whispers about you also speak of dark magic."
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

"A well made point, my lady."

S'sinith had finished his tea and had enjoyed the conversation far too much. After a sigh, he smiled and nodded to the Lady Vlast.

"I will tread carefully. Unless it is business with the University, I will keep my Alchemy low key but not... blatantly secret. I can not be shown to hide anything either, lest that also raise suspicion. Unless there is anything else, I can not think of anything else to address."

He waited for her to rise first so that he might rise with her, as manners demanded. He hoped that he would do well in the coming future, and prayed that all would ride well with the queen's expectations of him.

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Craghley

Post by Craghley »

Vlast stood and moved a little way around the table. In mere moments staff had appeared and were pushing her chair back in and dealing with the dishes.

"Yes, I believe we've covered enough ground for now. Thank you for stopping by Ambassador - it was good to sort out some business. And you know where I am if you need to talk further."

(OOC: Fin?)
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

((Yup))

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Craghley

Post by Craghley »

Skilled and archived

+ to literacy, calligraphy, logical analysis, and etiquette (etiquette raised to journeyman). New skill acquired: Repartee.
Last edited by Craghley on Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Patrician's Ring Archive”