Out into the Sea [26th early MT]

Moderators: Vanadius, Mods

Gaelena

Post by Gaelena »

It was strange. Her body, for those few flickers, was not her own. She could see what was happening, but from far away, as though she were watching it happen on a screen. But then, she was drawn back, sucked back into her body. For a moment, her chest tightened, then she gave a huge gasp, having forgotten to breathe.

She collapsed down on the ground and remained there for a while. Her hands touched the ground beneath her as she tried to assimilate everything that happened. They had won. The Storm Lord was beaten. But at what cost? She heard Gavin and Syrawenn, but felt no compunction to join them just yet. A feeling of separation surrounded her as she sat there. Emptiness. She had no one to run to, no one to share joy with. She had been willing to die for hundreds of people, yet if she had, no one would have mourned her passing. For all her hard work in preserving life, she hadn't let any actually touch her. When had she grown so cold?

Standing slowly, she didn't move towards the pair, but to look over the cliff, down, hoping against hope that Not Important would be there, hale and hearty. "You WERE important," she whispered to the sea.
[i]Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will.[/i]
George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

[size=75]Avatar by Lena[/size]
Adanedhel
Moderator & Coordinator Triangle Islands

Post by Adanedhel »

OOC: Fin! Thank you all for this wonderful story. You three have done a great job together with Morg. I hope to see more of the three of you.

Locked for skilling and archiving.
Something wicked your way comes...

Posting rate: 2/week

Special:
[b]OOECP[/b] - [i]Grant[/i]ed by Maeve & Sosa
Morg

Post by Morg »

(OOC: Quick summary of the remaining events on the island.)

There was no sign of Not Important's body. The only comfort was that if he were dead, he had died at sea - a fate any true follower of Vargaz would welcome. Gavin's crossbow, which he had lent to Syrawenn, was, miraculously, intact.

Milkhaire moved to join Gaelena, and offered her what companionship he was able to. The three would learn, in time, that he was not returning to Dort proper. The wardstone, he said, was a rare relic of a former age and deserved further study. In addition, the Storm Lord was gone but not destroyed, and in time he would be reborn. When that day came, Milkhaire intended to be there to teach him, if the gods were willing. But there was more in his blue eyes - it was clear that he had grown weary of the endless squabbling between the clans of Islay and the government of the Northlands, and was no longer willing to act in the political arena. He requested that Gavin inform the remaining members of Clan McGregor of his decision.

Soon the sky cleared, and when it did so Captain Withers' boat could be seen, not too far off shore. The rescue came too late for Captain Rime, who had passed away of his wounds at some point during the battle. Thanks to Gaelena, his death had been a peaceful one.

Withers was not a talkative sort, and had not witnessed the battle. He did not even comment when the old shaman did not accompany them back to the ship. The people of Dort would remain ignorant of their efforts in saving the island from the Storm Lord - it would not become a widely told story, unless Gavin, Syrawenn or Gaelena were to publicise it. Nevertheless, the wise and knowledgeable of Dort would be grateful - among them Duke Erwin von-zu Dort-Billigh himself.

(OOC: Summarised and skilled! :D

Gavin:
Armour (Partial Plate) +* (to Journeyman+**)
Bow, Cross +** (to Basic+**)
Debate+* (to Apprentice+*)
Dodge Blow +* (to Master)
Inner Calm +* (to Journeyman+****)
Logical Analysis +* (to Apprentice+****)
Native Craft (Whittling) ~ Basic+*
Persuade +* (to Apprentice+***)
Pray ~ Basic
Running +* (to Basic+***)
Single Combat -- Resisting Multiple Opponents ~ Basic+**
Swords, Two-Handed +* (to Master)
Vestments [Red Warrior] ~ Basic+**

Gaelena:
Conversation +* (to Journeyman+**)
Counseling +* (to Basic+**)
Debate ~ Basic+*
Empathy +* (to Basic+**)
Healing (Non-Magical) +** (to Journeyman+*)
Herbal Lore [Healing] +* (to Journeyman)
Inner Calm +** (to Apprentice)
Logical Analysis ~ Basic
Native Craft (sewing) +* (to Apprentice)
Persuade +** (to Basic+***)
Pray ~ Basic+**
Resolve ~ Basic
Running ~ Basic
Vestments [Mother] ~ Basic+**

Syrawenn:
Acrobatics/Tumbling +* (to Basic+***)
Debate +* (to Journeyman)
Diplomacy ~ Basic+*
Dodge Blow +* (to Apprentice)
Grappling +** (to Basic+**)
Inner Calm +** (to Apprentice)
Logical Analysis +* (to Journeyman+****)
Persuade +* (to Apprentice+***)
Philosophy +* (to Apprentice)
Running +** (to Apprentice+****)
Singing +* (to Basic+*)
Taunting +** (to Apprentice+*)

Good luck making trouble elsewhere! :D)
Last edited by Morg on Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]

Return to “Dort Archive”