Path of an Assassin - Chyril 28th MT

Moderator: Mods

Lir Calysta Markby
Civus

Path of an Assassin - Chyril 28th MT

Post by Lir Calysta Markby »

"By the gods..." Words of pure ecstasy slipped from her lips as Lir finally had a chance to truly relax and immerse herself with the room that Silk had booked her into at the Black Bridge for being one of the ones to save his life.

She had to admit that it was a bad idea to come back home since everything had been hectic from the moment she stepped off the ship but this soothing bath was a luxury she missed since she was a child. The slid the soft sea sponge across her skin from head to toe letting the sandalwood oil seep into her pores.

Lir didn't want to stay in the bath for too long. She had asked Silk if it would be possible to train as a "bodyguard" in addition to anything else she had decided upon doing, but she knew they were finely trained as assassins which was what she also wanted to know how to do. Perhaps she was gearing herself up to kill her father in some final showdown, but she was hungry. For power? For revenge? She tried not to give it too much thought.

The ship healer had asked Silk to send someone that was worthy of teaching her but could be spared, if possible. She had no idea if he was interested in advancing her studies, but Lir inquired and hoped that he would come through.

The water was quickly becoming lukewarm as she rose from the bath and wrapped her naked body in a towel. It took her a few minutes to get dressed and ready for visitors. She decided to wear a comfortable white shirt and a leather pants. Her hair was brushed, plaited and tied up out of her face which she tied up with a red scarf.

Then all she could do at this point was to wait and opened another reference book that she picked up along the way and began to read.
Beautiful avatar by [url=http://nairohe.deviantart.com/]Nairohe![/url] ^_^
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

The wooden tub was easily emptied down a drain built into the floor, and all Lir had to do was call for a servant and it would be cleaned up and taken away as discreetly as possible. Blackbridge prided itself with its discretion and quality of service and there guests were treated as royalty, the staff catering to any whim they may have. The bed was probably the softest she ever had, and she had a walk-through wardrobe, though it would take some money to have it filled. Silk had agreed to her idea, finding the girl’s choice of words quite amusing actually. He promised to send someone over, and true to his words there was a knock at her a few burns after she sat down with a book.

Before it stood a man in his early fifties, his posture straight, his face covered in creases and wrinkles, some of which were more fitting for a man twice his age. He smiled, which was a rather comedic sight considering he was missing a great deal of his teeth and then peeked over her shoulder. “Morning, miss. A mutual friend told me you wanted to learn new skills. I’m ole Damian. Mind if I come in and take a seat. Me back is killing me.” He stood, waiting for an invitation to enter. Dressed in a simple grey pants and white shirt, he wore a black waist coat and a frock coat over it, looking more like an elderly gentleman than an assassin. Then again, Silk too looked like a debonair rogue more than most dangerous man in the city.
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Lir Calysta Markby
Civus

At the sound of a knock, a serene smile appeared as she placed the book down and headed towards the door.

Upon opening the door, there was a bit of surprise but curiosity took over as she observed Damian's appearance. The man reminded her of Lir's surrogate father who raised her on Nether's Gate by just appearance alone. Indeed looks were conceiving, was what she was thinking as she offered him access to enter her room.

"Of course, Damian, it is nice meeting you. I am Lir. Please, come in and have a seat. I was about to ring for some refreshments? I haven't eaten yet so I suppose we can do it now if it is not too much trouble." The ship healer waited until Damian entered the room and made himself comfortable before ringing for a servant for something refreshing to drink and perhaps something to eat to start off the day. Even if Damian didn't want to eat, it might be important to break her fast while they got to know each other.

Once she was settled appropriately, taking her cues from the older man, Lir would sit adjacent to him to optimize the "casual" environment instead of face to face as if it was some sort of interview. "Does your back ail you often, sir?" She asked with a smooth, clear voice, but had a mixture of professionalism, curiosity and concern.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

“Pleased to meet you, Lir.” The man stepped in and surveyed the room with a quick glance, moving to one of the chairs flanking a dining table in the corner. He turned and smiled at the mention of refreshments, nodding his approval. “I did not have time for breakfast so if you do not mind I would like something to bite as well.” The servant came up in under a burn and took their order, Damian suggesting they take the stuffed buns, obviously having been in the Blackbridge before, as the adhiel boy who came to the summons commented upon it being a good choice.

Then came her question and Damian chuckled anew, turning to take a good look of the healer and arch a brow. “Good, you are observant. A very important trait in one who wishes to learn our trade. Yet, not nearly as important as knowing when you are observed and preparing for it.” He leaned back more comfortably now, the stiffness gone from his posture. “Tell, me do you have any noticeable habits? Something you unconsciously do all the time and which can be seen as a character trait you posses?” They had a few burns before the food arrived and it would seem Damian planned to fill it with idle chatter.
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Lir Calysta Markby
Civus

Orders for breakfast was made, she also included a couple of stuffed buns to know why people considered them a good choice.

After the servant left, Damian seemed to change. The stiffness in his back gone as he turned a question over to her. It made her wonder what his age truly was, or if even it was a disguise. Her gaze worked at a clue to this. Hands, corner of his mouth, she wondered at his age and the mystery that was currently enveloping this man of Silk's

The questions were a bit more difficult to answer but not impossible. It wasn't the first time she had to dig deep inside of herself to find out who she truly was. "After my eye injury, I would always rub my scar when I was agitated. It seemed to burn when I was angry or just frustrated. I placed a patch on it to prevent myself from fidgeting with it. It has long since healed, but the patch hides a part of my past. My hair is often tied up, but I do not find it one of my unconscious ticks to play with it. I rarely have a sense of humor and may be the one standing out in a crowd because I'm probably the only one not laughing. I'm stubborn, as well as driven, but I know I am quite different than I was when I was a child. If I was to disguise myself as a flowering debutante, I would more than likely fail, unlike the little blond girl that Silk has attached to himself. I work at being unreadable and expressionless. I keep all of my emotions inside, and quite honestly, none usually escape because it is often times no one's business to know what I am thinking or feeling."

Her voice was still the same smooth, calm tone as if she was reading. Her eye never left Damian as she answered his questions to see if he would reveal a bit more about himself unconsciously. She in-turn sat ridge in her seat with her back ramrod straight as if she was wearing a corset but after a flicker she worked her own posture to relax and lean back against the chair. "What is your specialty, Damian?"
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Damien was anywhere between forty and seventy yahren, and had a lean and wiry physiques of someone constantly in motion for quite some time. The surest way to learn an age of a man like Damien was to ask and hope he gave an honest answer as anything else was a big bet. "My specialty? Funny you should ask that. My specialty is observation, if you will. I make it my business to learn as much as possible about a person and see how it can be used. But, enough of me." He leaned forward and without a flinch simply said. "Please remove your eye-patch. I want to see that scar you mention." He stayed leaned forward, waiting for her to move the bit of fabric away, passing the time with more questions. "Have you ever considered getting yourself a glass eye? You know, for those special occasions?"
Lir Calysta Markby
Civus

The visitor's answer did bring an interesting twinkle to Lir's eye until he mentioned seeing her scar. There was a definite hesitation in her decision, but then a small, shy smile appeared at the mention of a glass eye. The healer figured that it was just another question that Damien used to open her up and take a peek at what she was, but it was time to end her charade. Lir understood she needed to grow and it was at this moment she decided to let Damien 'teach' her even if he was just a sort of consultant.

"The scar is superficial. It is completely healed with the creams I have applied over the years." She untied the eye-patch to reveal the other side of her face for examination. "With some make-up it would disappear completely I would imagine, but the patch made me look unapproachable which at the time was very important to me." Her voice seemed to tremble a bit. It was obvious this was a sensitive subject for the healer.

Lir stopped talking as Damien examined her. The scar was a ghost being several years old. It ran along the top half of eyebrow and cut down to the far left corner of the eye, but it did not destroy the integrity of her eye or touch the eye lid. It did not change the symmetry of her appearance and was as she stated 'superficial'.

Damien was there to size Lir up to see how she could be molded and applied into his world. That is what she figured and it did put her on her guard. She wasn't about to tell him her entire life history, but it did help her in the long run to be as open, or appear as open to this man who would report all his findings to Silk.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

The man let out a small gasp when it became evident that Lir's eyes were both intact, a chuckle rumbling in his chest, Damien's hand slapping against a knee. "Oh, this is just precious. You, my dear, have just passed your first exam. That eye-patch is quite memorable and should you remove it and make a few subtle alterations to your hair and apply some make-up, you could pass for an entirely different person." For a flicker he looked like he was ready to rise and go somewhere, but his body relaxed and he leaned back. "When people think of assassins they imagine a lightning-quick, agile fiend, armed with dozens of daggers and blades. And for some that is true. Not all. Direct approach does not always work and sometimes subtlety is the only way." He smiled. "As you glimpse more a path you wish to take will become clearer. But, in the end it all boils down to one thing, getting close enough to the target to accomplish your goal. Be it a inhumation, an injury or a simple warning." Again he chuckled and quickly explained. "Well, maybe it is two things. It is also important to get alive from it all. Foolish is the craftsman of our trade that accepts a task that asks for the ultimate sacrifice."
Lir Calysta Markby
Civus

The ship healer didn't know whether she should be pleased by the man's reaction or cautious of it. "I didn't know I was being tested." Lir decided on a smile as the man continued to speak. It was basically the same conclusion that she came with but didn't originally have plans of taking off the eye patch. She wondered what Silk had in store for her as well as Damien's plans for her.

Her violet eye studied the man never letting her guard down, but she also mimicked his body language as if she was relaxing too. She just felt that listening to Damien was her first lesson in becoming an assassin. The way he explained it could make even this unsuspecting "old" man seem as dangerous as a poisonous snake.

"What do you recommend my first step being? Shall I turn into another person or remain how I currently do before you?" She hoped that her questions would reveal a bit more of Damien's lesson as well as Silk's plans for her.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

“Well, you were not tested. It was a matter of speech. Proper way of wording it would have been to say you learned a lesson. Or revealed you already knew it as it turns out.” He paused as the breakfast arrived, waiting until the servant was done, and Lir dismissed him before answering her questions. “There are two paths you could take. One would be to learn how to become someone else at will and how to slip into a role and that is the path most people take. The other is less obvious. In it you become someone else. You turn into a completely different person and live such a life day after day. Deep down you remain Lir, the girl with an eye-patch and some bad memories of ships. But, to all eyes you become someone else, someone with her or even his own quirks and personality. And then when you have to become unseen, you revert to Lir and walk around freely, doing what needs to be done. That is the path of ultimate mastery as you learn how to watch yourself every waking flicker and thus make the number of slips you make almost a zero. Yet, it is also a harder path as not everyone can dedicate so much of him or herself to it, and leave the life they had behind them so fully. If you choose this path you sever yourself from all but your closest confidants, and even they will be away and you shall keep in touch in secret.” The man spoke with much zeal, showing that the subject was one of great interest to him the food before him untouched.
Lir Calysta Markby
Civus

The violet eye never left Damien's animated appearance. The subject of discussion confused her for a moment, but she listened to every word. Often times she believed her past had molded her present. If none of the events of her life had happened, Lir felt that she would indeed be a different person. A noble woman. A gentle woman. If she disguised herself and became this genteel person, would she be acting, or stepping into a role that she was born into?

At first, she worried about her family finding that she was still alive. It was possible that they were still here or moved to Roque, but vaguely remembered that her father despised that town. People that she grew up with believed she would turn out much like her mother. Of course, that gave her nothing but grief.

The dark-haired girl had momentarily lost her appetite. She was conflicted with asking for some assistance from Damien figuring he had a well of knowledge on finding out pertinent information. At this present moment, the girl almost looked delicate, vulnerable as she formed the phrases in her mind. Her brow furrowed as she fought with herself. It was personal and very private but any sort of path here may make it impossible to completely avoid her past.

Finally, she spoke, "I believe I can be what you say. To become someone so completely to hide what one is capable of. I have been molded into this person for so many years, but I have not forgotten my upbringing."

Vivid eyes met Damien's, "Before I can become this bendable woman, I need to be safe from my past before I can turn into her. I need to know if you or someone you know can gather some information about my family...discreetly. I do not know if they are alive or dead, or if they still have their fortune or title."

She wanted a visible confirmation before divulging anything further.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

With the resources Silk had at his disposal, turning Lir into a noblewoman would be a matter of some practice and a bit of preparation and soon the court would have a newest addition. Even becoming a nobleman would be a matter of additional effort on their part. Damien was however much more interested in the question she posed. “You just need tell me who it is you wish investigated and it will be done. If I can not do it myself, I am sure Secretary has other ways of finding out. Depending on the amount of information you can provide us about this person or persons, it may take a while, but rest assured that we will have your information within a reasonable amount of time.” He paused as if judging the girl and then added in a slightly lower voice. “And then you need to decide what we are to do with the information we have and the persons we investigated.” For a flicker his face was emotionless and then he smiled. “You may be a young lady, but you are one of the Brotherhood now and part of the family. We look after our own like they were brothers or sisters.”
Lir Calysta Markby
Civus

Lir gazed into Daniel's eyes and nodded. All or nothing...right? She exhaled slowly and made herself comfortable before she began. She worked at keeping a facade of calm but inside her stomach started to churn as the past began to surface.

"There is a man, Joseph Alexander Donchente who had a second wife whose name was Melissande Victoria Markby. She was my mother." The healer paused a moment to see if any of the names flickered some recognition but continued. "Joseph had two sons named Errol, the eldest and Chivan. They were nothing like the man that I had called father. There have been rumors of my birth, that my mother had an illicit affair with another man with eyes of violet much like mine. My 'father' having gold eyes and my mother having green. I do not know who this man was and not entirely sure if I am ready to ever find out."

Unknowingly, Lir's hand shook as she started reaching for another stuffed bun but did not eat. "Joseph saw a lot of my mother in me and when I started to grow older he did the most unspeakable things to me..." It was never easy when one had to divulge such sensitive details, but she continued even when her stomach knotted, but she prevented herself from accepting any sympathy if it was shown. "On my 16th birthday, he came into my room smelling of spirits. I remember biting him before he knocked me out. He had raped me when I couldn't fight any longer and sold me to pirates when he was done." She paused wondering if she should continue on. It was not necessary to tell him that someone had impregnated her or where she lived for the next 5 years of her life so she skipped to the point.

"I need to know what happened to this man, and my step brothers so I am ahead of them with the information at hand. I do not want their father to know I am back at the Citadel. Also, there was a man named Krissin who taught me a lot about surviving when I escaped my home. I want to know if he's still alive. I do not know as of yet what I am going to do with this information, but let us say I would like knowledge to protect myself and my reputation if it ever comes to that."

That was enough information for now. She waited for Daniel's response and offered him more to drink to start in her lesson of 'domestication' or 'etiquette' not entirely sure what serving a beverage to a guest would be labeled as.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

If he was disturbed by what he heard, Daniel showed no hint of it, his face a stony mask, only an occasional slight nod showing he was still alive. He nearly did not blink while Lir told her tale, only reaching into his pocket for a piece of paper and a leaden pencil. He scribbled a few symbols upon the paper, neither of which held any meaning to the girl before him and placed the paper back into his pocket. “The name Markby sounds familiar and rest assured we would have investigated your past anyhow, so this is no extra burden. We just like to know what surprises people in our midst carry with them.” He smiled almost apologetically hoping the girl would understand the need for such background checks.

“Finding out what you seek is only one part of what we can do for you, though this I can assure is something we will do regardless of what it takes. The second part, and that is acting based upon the information is something our superiors will need to approve beforehand.” His face was serious once more, and had he not spoken it would have been back to the stony mask she could gaze upon not so long ago. “Despite being cloaked in secrecy and thought nothing more than a legend, Brotherhood is a powerful organization. One of the reasons we have retained that power is because we have used it sparingly and only when truly needed. So, I beg of you to consult us before you act upon whatever information we provide you with. Do I have that promise?”
Lir Calysta Markby
Civus

The healer listened to Daniel's request and thought for a moment. She had taken care of her other rapists and slavers. Would she be able to control herself when she hears more of her father's whereabouts? Lir understood the background check and approved of it. She wouldn't want people that she worked for having secrets that would weaken the organization.

The woman exhaled and looked straight at Daniel. There was an evident pause for thought and then a nod. "I will promise you and the Brotherhood that I shall consult with you before taking any actions against the father. At the moment, I just want the power that comes with knowledge. My revenge will come later, but that part of my life is over and I am just protecting myself. Some say I look like my mother and I think that is why he attacked me. Others rumored that besides sleeping with another man to get pregnant, my mother had left me a vast fortune that my father could not touch. I do not know if any of it is true and it would be nice to know what that crazy man's motive was for destroying my childhood. Knowing what is going on might bring some closure for me, but I want to know before my path meets my past."

Lir managed to keep a serene countenance. She doled out the facts as if she was just relaying information as a third party. Perhaps it was her way of coping with what happened to her but at the moment she was safe...sane. Of course, she wanted to change the subject now and she did it by submitting other requests and inquiries.

"I would want to still be able to hone my skills in the martial arts and my daggers while improving on my disguise and beautification techniques. Also, what are the rules of carrying weapons in the Citadel? I do not wish to be stopped if I am carrying my knives and would want to discuss measures to conceal if it is necessary and allowed."
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Daniel nodded when Lir agreed to his terms and closed his eyes for a flicker. “I think I heard of a man named Chivan Markby and if you will take what I say with a grain of salt I think he was involved in some mess about a yahren ago. Think he was in Purple Guard during the riots, but I am not sure. You will learn soon enough.” He smiled and turned to the subject he was more familiar with. “Weapons are allowed in Citadel though anything more than a sword or a dagger is frowned upon. Also, during the times of crisis the guards have the right to confiscate your weapons and keep them until the crisis is resolved. In fast, such rule is in effect now. Still, a dagger is not considered a weapon, but an eating utensil so that should pose not problem.” Then he leaned closer to add. “We can of course provide you with something less obvious that should work well in a pinch. A one shot projectile weapon that looks like a simple tube. But when it launched a seven inch spike into your chest…..”

As the subject they were discussing now was less important, he turned to the found and started eating in slow measured bites. “You will be provided instructors in whatever skills you think are needed. They will have various disguises for less legitimate skills, or will be hired by us for cultural pursuits. You will need to learn proper manners and maybe another language as well. I suggest adhiel as that will help you understand their conversation when you happen to be nearby. Dwarven is useful too.” He smiled again and arched his brows. “Anything else?”
Lir Calysta Markby
Civus

The young woman agreed with Daniel's insight and were curious to the people designated to train her. "Nothing else at the moment, I think we were thorough in our discussion. I was wondering if you were going to teach me a few things today or if this was just my evaluation period to know how much work needed to be done to prepare me? Also will all of my instructors be in the Brotherhood or people from the general populous? And are there any people I should avoid? Any possible enemies to steer clear from?"

This was just the opportunity that Lir needed to understand exactly what the Brotherhood was about as well as how she must protect herself. She didn't want to be killed like the attempt on Silk's life. He seemed like quite a careful and protected person, but Lir wasn't sure if now that she befriended Silk that she's become a target too at some point.

"I am sorry for all of the questions. I tend to grill people when I am pulled into a new situation. I vaguely remember this place even though I grew up here during my tender years. I figure that this place is dangerous and a woman's got to protect herself. There were people bold enough to try to kill Silk despite his own body guards. I do not know if they would try to do it again, but I would hope to be more helpful by being as formidable a foe to protect and assist the Imperial Secretary along with his guards." Lir watched for Daniel's outward expressions and with a small smile, which one could even say was 'shy', asked meekly, "would you care for some more to drink, Daniel?" And readied herself to serve him.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Daniel nodded and then shook his head. “I am sorry I did not come better prepared for today’s lesson, but I needed to learn a bit more about you first. We can still discuss the theory and different ways you could meld with the surroundings if you wish?” With her being recommended by the Silk himself, Daniel saw no reason to withhold much of anything from Lir. “The choice of your teachers will depend on the subject they will teach. Sensitive skills, or those whose acquisition would reveal to much to outside agents will be taught by people from within the organization. You will know them when you see them.” He smiled again, certain of that even though the Brotherhood had no signs of recognition. “Suffice to say, those who claim to be our members either are, or do not live long enough to profit from such lies. And the other more mundane skills will be taught by common teachers, albeit ones whose background and loyalties have been checked. Trust no-one, but do not think we would send an enemy to school you.”

He chuckled as Lir apologized, but listened without interruptions, only the slightest of frown showing at the mention of the attack. “I am fine thank you. And I wish to say that the attack and the whole incident were a mistake that we walked into. A mistake we are not likely to repeat any time soon. Quite possibly never. Almost certainly never. We grew too relaxed in the knowledge that people feared us, and should have removed the formidable Scoutmaster far sooner. And while you willingness to protect Silk in the future, I think you will find him quite capable of doing it himself, even though he has been overtaken by yahren lately.” He chuckled, seemingly quite comfortable with calling Silk simply by his name, as well as joking about the Secretary’s age. “But, if you wish you will receive the proper training in the use of weapons as well as any other ways of eliminating opposition you may wish. Poisons, drugs, even diseases, not to mention rumors can be used to remove an opponent. And the truly amusing thing is an assassin’s task does not always include a dead body. Sometimes less drastic measures are quite sufficient.”
Lir Calysta Markby
Civus

A succinct nod let Daniel know that she absorbed it all. I will know them when I see them? That is what Daniel said when regarding the Brotherhood.

"Would my past ever become a nuisance or would I ever be able to get my identity back? It's been so long since I've seen my brothers and visited my mother's grave. My mother had a fortune that I believe my father was living on. It was something my nursemaid once told me, actually let it slip out. I was too young at the time and my fear prevented me from coming back here." She frowned but exhaled softly and took a drink. It was a difficult question to answer, she knew, but Daniel was the first person that she's actually had to confide in since her surrogate father had died even though it would probably be shared with those that Daniel reported to directly. It was fine at this point, she was tired of hiding, tired of running. Something over the yahren finally made full circle with her.

"Do you have family Daniel?" Probably not something else he would want to answer or could answer but for some reason the question rolled off her lips before she could stop it. Has the 'older' man already started melting her icy facade?
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Daniel pondered the reply for a few long flickers, chewing his lower lip thoughtfully. “While Brotherhood will act as your family and do anything in its power to protect you, we do not expect you to sever your connections with the rest of the world. I t would not only be odd, but also quite unhealthy and unwise. People are sociable by nature and we tend to seek company of others, but more importantly contacts you make are an asset. We only need you to realize that you have to be careful and not expose your link with us. That is why often couples form from people within the organization, though even that carries its dangers.” He seemed on the verge of saying something more, fell silent. “While we do not want you to do anything rash regarding your father, like killing or injuring him, we will support your decision to confront him and should the need arise we will rise in your protection. Regardless of whether he actually stole your inheritance or someone lied to you, we will certainly help you in taking it over. But, know that such is not necessary. Anything you need we will provide for. That is not something every member of the Brotherhood is given, but your case is somewhat special. If your motivation is the need to secure your existence, you need not worry about that. If your motivation is vengeance, I am sure we will find someone willing to take the contract on your father and whomever else wronged you.” He grinned showing he was jesting, though there was something in his eyes that told that he may also be telling the truth about the murder contract. “In any case, we would just like to know what you plan to do before you do it so we can prepare, provided the repercussions can be somewhat nasty.” The old man chuckled. “We don’t need to know if you are going to the market to buy a new scarf, but if you plan to start a riot along the way, it would be nice if we were informed beforehand.”

There was another tense flicker as the man fell silent after the question regarding his family, before reaching into his coat’s pocket and drawing a pair of thin wooden boards bound together by a pair of steel rings. Opening it he revealed two rather detailed wood-carvings of a young boy and a girl, both children hardly older than five or six yahren. “These are my grandchildren, Damon and Anna. Does that answer your question?” With the security around Lir as tight as it was, even though she may not know it, Daniel felt it safe to give her some harmless information if it would make her feel less tense.

OOC: Information provided regarding Lir’s family is as follows. Her father is still alive and is making a nice profit by renting a pair of small cargo vessels he has mostly to Imperial Trade Guild. Errol has passed away a few months ago, having contracted a nasty illness while o a business trip in Kislovan, while Chivan is alive and serving in the City Guard as a Junior Investigator. Hope this is what you needed, and should you need more it will be provided ICly.
Lir Calysta Markby
Civus

The possibilities were provided for her to ponder on. Lir was thankful for Daniel's assistance and the burden that she felt was lifted slightly off her shoulders. The mention of killing her father with a contract would be interesting, but at the same time she would want him to suffer as she had suffered. Poverty, rape, sold into slavery...she had no love for the man just like the two slavers that she was sold to. If she could she would destroy him from the inside out. She could wait. She had all the time in the world to set her plans into motion. It was not something she would need to find from the Brotherhood and felt that it was something she could adhere to and understood.

"I couldn't imagine myself getting into anything physical, or emotional, but if I am going under this massive change of personality it would be difficult to know what would happen, but I will not willingly endanger myself or the people I know." She would have said love, but Lir never loved anyone because most were always taken away from her whether by death or through other circumstances.

"You have my word through. I will not do anything without the Brotherhood's knowledge regarding my past. When the time comes, I'll follow protocol." She affirmed her promise with a sharp nod.

It was simply amazing that Daniel had shared that private piece of him. She stared at the children and something inside her broke a little. Two children, so very happen and...normal despite what their grandfather did. "They are beautiful. I believe both will have their fair share of trouble." Her eyes sparkled as if tears would fall soon but none came. "Thank you for sharing a piece of yourself, Daniel. I've also decided to assist in the Temple of the Mother as a healer. To of course get more knowledge of my art and practise being aware of my surroundings and perhaps continue my transformation there. Was there any other pearls of wisdom you would like to leave with me before your departure?"
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Daniel’s words were not an empty promise, and Brotherhood truly would do most anything in its power to protect one of its own. The ease with which the men have all but thrown their lives away to protect Silk was not anything they would not have done for any of their number. They truly were brothers and sisters and one did give everything to protect family. The old assassin smiled when Lir thanked him and added softly in response. “Just to show that as we expect you to place your trust in us, so too we trust you. I know you will not do anything to endanger my family.” With that said he rose and shook his head at the last query. “That should be enough for now. Should you need to contact me simply ask old Silk to pass the word. It is best if the number of contacts each of us has is limited. Torture is a terrible thing to suffer and sometimes even the strongest of us break. Take care and I hope we shall see each other soon. As for the Temple of the Mother, I think it may be a valuable experience. As my own mentor said once, to be a good assassin you need to see what terrible damage you wrought. Only that makes it possible for you to gain the level of determination and certainty required to perform at your peak. Knowing full well what the consequences of your actions are will enable you not to falter when push comes to shove. Good bye, Lir.” Picking his coat, the old man smiled one last time and silently departed, walking down the street towards the palace before being lost in the crowd.

OOC: I think we are done here.
Last edited by Grey Wolf on Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lir Calysta Markby
Civus

The healer had bid her good days and watched with keen eyes as Daniel silently departed, no limp or signs of age apparent as when they first met. What a curious old man. It shall be interesting what he teaches me. This is an interesting place indeed. She bolted the door once her mentor had left. "Very curious."

She stretched and tried to digest all that was shared with her today. Not enough had hit her quite yet, but she could understand what 'terrible damage' meant. It was difficult to make her feel anything at times parts of her felt cold. She forgot at times that she was soft, human...

Lir began her meditation, learned to alter her past emotions and to harness them, to use them instead of being used. It would take quite a bit to not decide to go to her father's home and slit his throat, or concoct a poison to watch him die slowly as she pretended to 'heal' him. Again, she concentrated, cleared her mind and breathed slowly. It will be a difficult road that she had decided upon, but she knew somewhere deep down that it would be worth it.

ooc: Yup, agreed. =)
Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Ashari »

SKILLS:
Lir
NEW SKILL! Beautification: Basic
Literacy [Common]: +*
Disguise: +*
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]

Return to “Patrician's Ring Archive”