Mother Temple - Jygust 30th, TT 3rd Mark

Moderators: Meridiuz, Grey Wolf, Graves, Mods

Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Mother Temple - Jygust 30th, TT 3rd Mark

Post by Ashari »

Citadel Wiki wrote:Amidst the flash and grandeur of some of the more showy temples sits the Mother's Temple of the Citadel. A wide low building plainly shaped and missing much of the decoration apparent in the other places of worship, the Temple is constructed of the heavy gray stone that seems to be found everywhere on the isle. The workmanship is of such quality that there are no visible seams: the Temple appears one great, vaguely mound-shaped stone of various blended shades of gray.

The entrance is a wide open archway leading into an antechamber. The doors to the great chapel within are a wonder to behold: seemingly an infinite variety of woods and metals have been blended into an abstract, but comforting pattern decorating the two large doors.

Within is a large open chapel with a low ceiling. Rows of wooden benches provide seating for the large number of commoners, mostly women, that come here seeking the blessing and comfort of the Mother. A warm glow from several large oil lanterns provides both light and dancing shadows along the walls. Simple but well-crafted friezes depicting the various events associated with the Mother - planting, tending and harvest of the fields, fertility and childbirth, and gardening - to name a few.

Doorways lead off to the sides - perhaps into the separate chapel rumoured to exist for the use of the Citadel's wealthier women; perhaps into the gardens and elemental shrines that are spoken of in whispers by those few devout worshippers who have been invited within. The Temple is pleasantly warm within in contrast to the chill weather that seems to have gripped the city outside. All in all, it is a sober, comforting atmosphere.

Having travelled from the Jardin Clos to the Temple of the Mother in her personal carriage, Ash took the time to remove her brightly colored scarves from her hair and shoulders to instead grasp a sage green shawl from the seat and drape it around herself. Her hair became a lose mane of curled locks from the braids that it'd been tamed into which tumbled around her and over the knitted covering. She bid for her coach to stick in the area, and then made her way into the building.

It had been upon the lips of anyone who knew the slightest bit of Imperial mythos that the Caesar could only impregnate a woman he loved - on top of that, once impregnated, she begame the vessel of the Mother a term that Ashari hadn't gotten any answers to the meaning of, but it sounded fairly important. With it in mind, she'd headed toward the Temple in hopes of speaking to the High Priestess of very delicate matters.

Inside the structure, Ashari marvelled at it's beauty for the first time. When last she'd been here it was for Iorn's funeral and she couldn't take in it's austere and earthen finese. Awed by the wood, metal and stone work, she shifted into the chapel with the scent of burning oil flaring her nostrils. It was pungent, but not overwhelming even in the low-ceilinged space.

She took a seat, and then a breath and laced her fingers together, closing her eyes...

Mother, I have grown so far from where I started in your gardens as a child with my blood-mother to teach me your ways. She was taken from me, and I abandoned you because I blamed you. Please forgive me, Mother.

I was a maiden turned wanton by my own blindness, and it lead me down a dangerous path. I carry now a child,
One of Ashari's hands released and tenderly roamed across her stomach, her eyes still wandering the unseen world behind her lids. But I don't know the father. They are both good men. The young woman desperately needed to believe that Andolin was a good man. And I love them both for different reasons, though I think I'm falling in love with one more than another. The seed is planted, I cannot change from which tree it fell, but Mother guide me in this time when I need you - please... I have so much now, but I feel so very alone.

The opened her eyes to fingers wrapped tightly into the folds of her dress, protectively and needfully around her womb. She felt the foreboding of her future lying in wait, and knew that if this child was not Andolin's, then she'd only be able to lie for so long and then the undoing would begin. Don't cry, this is it. This is the beginning, do not question Her motives, for She works in mysterious ways.

Finding the nearest acolyte (and only after composing herself with a few clean, clear, cool breaths) she introduced herself. "I seek the High Priestess," she started steadily. "For a discussion on matters of faith within my institution of learning." It was all very formal, Ash was becoming accustomed to it, and even comfortable with, the distant tone and brisk words. "In private," she ammended to the end.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Meridiuz
The Webmaster & Game Designer

Post by Meridiuz »

The acolyte greeted her with a warm smile, not having any sense of the pressure that Ashari was feeling. "Greetings, m'lady. You seek a council with Mother Abeaja?" She folded her hands and tilted her head slightly. "Mother Abeaja is always very busy, however I can show you where her chambers are. We can see if she has time for a council with you. Would you follow me?" She led the way and after leading the pair through several passages, they were showed into a small austere chamber, with stone benches along the walls. A flicker later an aged matronly female entered and after sharing a whisper with the girl, she looked over at Ashari.

"My dear child, you seem to be in luck, Mother Abeaja is usually very busy but she has a few moments to spare right now for one of Mother's children."
The elder priestess opened the door for Ashari, but did not follow her in. Once the young woman stepped into the room, the door closed with a soft click. The chamber of the high priestess was rather unique, its floor covered in soft grass, twisting vines covering the walls and ceiling. The bed in the corner looked like it too was a living plant, olive green moss covering its top, looking soft and inviting. The cover bundled in a corner of it was made out of flowers. It was a bedroom and Ashari found Mother Abeaja seated upon a gnarled tree that had somehow shaped itself into a deep chair. She greeted Ashari with a warm smile and motioned her to a chair near her own. "Good day, my child. Tell me, what can I do for you today?"
Last edited by Meridiuz on Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
[i]Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger[/i] ~ Daft Punk
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Ashari was prepared, with coin in pocket, to lure the attention of the High Priestess. She's found that religious folks often couldn't turn away from monetary compensation if it would help spread the word of their deity. Perhaps she'd been spending too much time in the Temple of Pecunia. It was becoming easy to be jaded by their simplicity - so very unlike the complexity of the Mother's plan. Ashari could attest to that.

However, bribery wasn't necessary. The acolyte was more than capable of getting Ashari her audience. In turn, she pulled the coinage out anyway. "For your coffers," she said with a polite smile of thanks and tried to remember the woman's face should she be in need of assistance again. One never knew.

When instructed Ashari followed and stepped into the room she was directed toward, and listened as the door was shut behind her. Eyes drifted across the natural room and she was brought back to Thira's house with it's crumbling walls and invading plants, grasses and mosses. This was a more organized and purposeful design, but it was reminicent of it none-the-less. "Thank you for taking the time to see me, Mother," she said humby and sat down in the seat opposite from her.

"I don't want to waste any of your time, so I will get right to it- I'm with child," she paused. "But I've not been handfasted." The implications could be heavy depending on one's station. Ashari looked like the sort of woman who would be impacted in a negative way from such news. "And I don't know who the father is." Confession - or questions? Make up your mind, Ash, she thought cooly. "I need to know who the father is, is there something you can do?" It was early on in the conversation to suggest who the potential fathers were.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Meridiuz

Post by Meridiuz »

The acolyte accepted the coins gracefully. "Thank you, M'lady. You are most kind."

When Ashari rushed into her story Mother Abeaja eyes widened. She gave her a kind smile and a soft giggle which made her gray hair look as if it was dancing. "Oh my. That sounds like quite the pickle. " As high priestess of the mother, Abeaja celebrated all life and thus she didn't see Ashari's pregnancy on itself as a big problem. The father issue was something else though. "My child, pregnancy on itself is a wonderful thing and should be celebrated. However, as Finn O'Shea has said, we have to assure that our actions are honorable, for all that we do shall return to us in three-fold, good or bane." She paused, still looking at Ashari with her big eyes. There was a certain kind of peace in Abeaja's eyes that made anyone who looked into it slightly uncomfortable. It was almost as if you were looking in a mirror to your own soul.

"My child, there are many women with this same problem and although there are rituals to find out who the father of the baby is, these rituals should not be used lightly. It is therefore that we do not use the ritual lightly. I believe another saying of Finn O'Shea can help you." She laid her hand on Ashari's. "Be wary of one who would dominate you, who would control and manipulate your workings and reverences. Be guided by your heart and your faith."

"Now this sounds probably much more heavy than as it is meant. The true meaning is that you should follow your heart, my child. Your body is now the vessel of a child. Through your body, Mother shall protect it. Follow your faith and you shall know which man is the true father and shall best take care of the child." She looked straight into Ashari's eyes again. "I hope this will help you."
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Mother Abeaja was everything one could want in a priestess of the faith. She was an older woman, and represented the most wisened form of the woman's life cycle. There was a warmth about her that made Ash feel immediately comfortable. She reminded her of Belawen, and how she imagined her mother would be like now if she were still alive - well, maybe her in another few yahren. It was in her eyes that Ashari found the most inspiration. She felt her own concerns there, but not the answers or encouragement to get them from her head out her mouth.

"I-" The woman had a point, there was sound logic there, and under different circumstances it would've been true. The father would've been whomever could have taken care of the baby the best. She wasn't entirely sure out of the two of them who was more capable. "I can't do that. This baby might be an important baby," she said with some earnest emphasis. "Of a man who needs a heir, but we're not handfasted and," she sighed. Mother, give me the strength,. "He's set to marry another woman," another woman or SIX other women. It burned to even think about it. The high priestess was supposed to be a person you could tell anything - Ashari felt that power and honesty from the woman. "The baby might be the Caesar's." She said with some finality. "And I need to know."
Meridiuz

Post by Meridiuz »

Mother Abeaja giggled. Yes, she actually giggled. "That is quite the pickle indeed!" She didn't seem to be shocked by any of Ashari's revelations yet it wasn't like she was mocking the young girl either. It was more as if she honestly didn't think it was that big of a deal.

Looking down at the belly, Mother Abeaja held out her hand. "May I?" She smiled as she put her hand on Ashari's belly without awaiting her approval. A few flickers passed before she spoke again, the look on her face remaining peaceful and soothing. "All I can tell you now is that the baby is in perfect health. Everything is fine. However, what I can't tell you is if it is the Caesar's baby yes or no." The high priestess leaned back in her chair again. "You see, our Caesar Azarin has been so busy with his imperial duties that he has forgotten the traditions and the rituals that a Caesar needs to perform."

"He is not...earthbound yet. And as such, I cannot feel the bond between him, Mother and the baby. Because there is no bond between the Caesar and the earth yet." She paused for a flicker. Looking inquisitively at Ashari. "You can change that however. If you want to know if he is the father, you will have to perform the ritual that will bind him to the Mother. It is not a very hard ritual." She chuckled. "It should actually be real easy with Lord Azarin. You see, His Imperial seed needs to be spilled on the earth." The fact that she was enjoying this maybe a little too much was quite obvious in her eyes."
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Ashari tried not to feel like she was being laughed at, but she was rather moody and gave a very serious frown at the Priestess's ambivilence on the subject of the father of her baby. Though.. if she doesn't think it's a big deal maybe she won't tell anyone?

"Earthbound?" She questioned, and Mother Abeaja responded in turn with a very specific answer. "Spill his se-err.. oh," she blushed a bit. Although she wasn't a stranger to sexual encounters she didn't have much practice in talking about them. Aerin had been most influential in loosening her up on the subject, but even then, she was likely to listen rather than interacting on chats about escapades. Perhaps it was because she had to remain so quiet on the subject, particularly about Andolin. They had some magnificent sex... And that's why you're prego, she thought sullenly.

"But the baby is ok?" Her fingers went to her slightly protruding stomach and rubbed it affectionately. Ash's expression gave into the serenity of that knowledge, though she already had a good sense of it's health herself. "I'm scared, Mother," she said blinking several times, her lips knotting against tears. "This wasn't the way it was supposed to happen." The Westerner allowed the frown to deepen with her insecurity.
Meridiuz

Post by Meridiuz »

Mother Abeaja nodded as if it was the most normal talk in the world. "Oh yeah, you know, just lure him to a garden or a forest and make love with him." She reached behind her and grabbed two little bottles. One was green of color and it looked like it had several herbs in it. The other one was more thick and had a soft broken white color. She held up the white one first. "Use this in advance to make your skin feel amazingly soft." She then held up the green bottle. "And when you're in the gardens, use this to give him a nice massage." She grinned. "He won't be able to resist and the herbs will help with the ritual.

The high priestess stood up slowly, not being able to move as quickly as she had onces used to. As she stood in front of Ashari, she let her hand run over the young woman's cheek. "Don't worry, my child. The baby is ok. As long as you take good care of your body, the baby will be healthy and strong. All will be fine. The Mother wouldn't have given you this gift if she didn't think you were ready for it." That wasn't necessarily true of course, but the goal was to give this young one a sense of peace. She wouldn't be any good as a mother if she would be freaking out all the time. Besides, this one did seem to be strong. She would do fine, whoever was the father of her baby.

Mother Abeaja gently put the two bottles in Ashari's hands and held onto them for a flicker. "Come and see me again when you have performed the ritual. I will be able to tell you more then."
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"One for me, one for him, and a good time to be had," she said opitimistically in the presense of the Priestess. "Thank you, I hope it works. Expect to see me within the week." Atleast, I hope that soon. She didn't want to force the issue and make it strange for Andolin, or less likely for him to follow through with their tryst. It would evolve naturally, just as her current predicament had.

OOC: Fin?
Lir Calysta Markby
Civus

Post by Lir Calysta Markby »

Lir didn't want to say she was late, but she tried to keep her schedule in control despite the things that come up. She had enough time to change into comfortable clothes and scrub her face of any makeup. The healer tried to look as humble and homely as one could be when entering the Temple of the Mother. She wore loose fitting pants and a craftan which were the remnants of her time in Sabata. A sash wrapped around her waist. Her long flowing locks plaited and out of the way for the work she might be assigned by the High Priestess.

As the dark-haired woman walked in with quiet steps, she had noticed a personal carriage awaiting its passenger. Lir didn't dwell on it as she broke into a brisk walk. She headed to Mother Abeaja's chambers but stopped abruptly and back tracked to ask an acolyte if the High Priestess was available. How embarrassing would it be for her if she barged in to find a ritual going on or something even more invasive.

"Is the High Priestess available? I believe she's expecting me." She asked in a cheery voice which she had been practising on for quite a few days now.
Beautiful avatar by [url=http://nairohe.deviantart.com/]Nairohe![/url] ^_^
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

A dark skinned western-looking woman came out of the High Priestess' chambers, adjusting a green shawl around her shoulders, carrying a twin-set of vials. One was white, one green. The girl, perhaps only a teenager, tucked a lock of long, black curled hair behind a round ear that was unornamented. She pulled the door shut behind her, to ensure the privacy of the priestess, and gave a smile to the woman who was waiting outside the holy woman's peaceful suite in conversation with one of the helpful acolytes. "Good day," she said pleasantly to the pair.
Last edited by Ashari on Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lir Calysta Markby
Civus

The healer smiled politely and nodded. "Good day to you, ma'am." It still amazed Lir how much she changed. The way she acted, the way she greeted people in certain environments.

Of course it was not any of Lir's business, but she noticed the two vials that the girl held. "Do you need any further assistance?" She figured she should ask but the unknown girl must have already completed her business leaving Abeaja's chambers. It didn't hurt to ask and she was working at being polite.
Deianeira Saitheria
Civus

Post by Deianeira Saitheria »

Amidst the flash and grandeur of some of the more showy temples sits the Mother's Temple of the Citadel. A wide low building plainly shaped and missing much of the decoration apparent in the other places of worship, the Temple is constructed of the heavy gray stone that seems to be found everywhere on the isle. The workmanship is of such quality that there are no visible seams: the Temple appears one great, vaguely mound-shaped stone of various blended shades of gray.

The entrance is a wide open archway leading into an antechamber. The doors to the great chapel within are a wonder to behold: seemingly an infinite variety of woods and metals have been blended into an abstract, but comforting pattern decorating the two large doors.

Within is a large open chapel with a low ceiling. Rows of wooden benches provide seating for the large number of commoners, mostly women, that come here seeking the blessing and comfort of the Mother. A warm glow from several large oil lanterns provides both light and dancing shadows along the walls. Simple but well-crafted friezes depicting the various events associated with the Mother - planting, tending and harvest of the fields, fertility and childbirth, and gardening - to name a few.

Doorways lead off to the sides - perhaps into the separate chapel rumoured to exist for the use of the Citadel's wealthier women; perhaps into the gardens and elemental shrines that are spoken of in whispers by those few devout worshippers who have been invited within. The Temple is pleasantly warm within in contrast to the chill weather that seems to have gripped the city outside. All in all, it is a sober, comforting atmosphere.

It was already late in the day, and Deianeira had rushed towards the Temple of the Mother, slowing only to catch her breath as she found her hand on the temple's archway. She inhaled and for a moment relaxed. The Achadhiel for a brief moment seemed let her eyes wander just along the walls and their shadows, not sure how to make things right in the world.

She made her way towards one of the pews, though she noted the dark skinned western woman leaving, one of the rooms. She didn't pay much attention- what was said and done with in a Temple was ones own business not someone elses problem. Deianeira sat down on one of the benching. Simply watching people. she'd been a regular here at the temple for a few months... simply coming and sitting and praying... but today she seemed different. Determined, was probably the best word for it.

Tonight it would be as the Guest of a nobleman, at club. She neeeded to get her nerves together. She stood and moved closer to the chambers of the Priestesses. It felt so weird, to be suddenly picked up off the streets.. well not literally. But in the same way, to be plucked from the obscurity of the world, and suddenly be tossed into the light.
Last edited by Deianeira Saitheria on Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Ashari shook her head. "No, I believe I'm all set. I hope I've not interrupted a meeting you had with the High Priestess. My stopping by wasn't expected. Your curtesy is appreciated," Ash said with chipper enthusiasm toward Lir. For as far as the Guildmistress was concerned all her problems were solved. Abeaja had given her the means to establish who the father of her unborn child was via means of elimination. If it wasn't Andolin that left only one plausible solution.

As of now, Ash was on the illusive Cloud Nine, and she radiated that happiness via a beaming smile. "Have a good day," she nodded to Lir and the acolyte and parted their company. The tanned beauty sauntered down the open hall and headed toward the door of the temple to brave the Big Bad World again and see what sort of mischief she could get into out there.
Deianeira Saitheria
Civus

After a few moments of silent prayer, Deianeira did take notice of the western woman's steps and she almost wanted to follow, but stood only and followed with her eyes. She smoothed her hair back and began a small walk around the temple, taking a moment to admire some of the architechure. Noticing of the priestess acolytes she approached but noticed she was engaged with someone else. She did notice Lir though and for a moment she seemed hesistant to approach the woman. She did so, walking a wide circut around her trying to pick out a good topic. "Good day." she said as cheerfully as she could possibly manage to Lir. She inhaled-though it was half coughing as she inhaled a bit of smoke from of the flames... "Ahh..." she sneezed, it was rather loud, and for a moment she looked rather comical- a wrinkle nose on her dark face. "Ahh..."
Lir Calysta Markby
Civus

Another warm smile spread across Lir's lips as her eyes lit up, it almost seemed like second nature to Lir now. She even humbly nodded her head and spoke softly, "That is good to hear, and no you did not interrupt my meeting with the High Priestess. In fact, I was running a little late and glad she had time to help someone. I guess you can say good came out of my tardiness. Take care and it is nice to meet you."

The beautiful girl radiated happiness with a bright smile and pardoned herself. Lir's amethyst eyes followed the lady but it was too late to even ask who she was or introduce herself. Damn...I am still clumsy in the etiquette department...but console yourself, perhaps she did not what you to know her identity. With her mind soothing her slight failure she was interrupted by another. Now was her chance...

"Good day..." As she replied to Deianeria the girl sneezed which made Lir blink. "Are you all right? Did you need any assistance, miss?" Her practised voice was soft and cultured. Those lessons in the mirror paying off when she is on her guard about her image. No course pirate here, just a concerned healer ready to do her job.
Deianeira Saitheria
Civus

Deianeira, inhaled. "Yes... I am fine. Thank you. Assistance... well I was going to go ask for advice." she says motioning towards the priestesses. "Though I suppose it'd been a long while since I actually sneezed. I really hope I am not getting sick." she looks a little dissapointed. "You wouldn't happen to know anything about parties would you, Miss..." she wait a moment hoping to be supplied with a name.
Lir Calysta Markby
Civus

The young woman tilted her head to consider the stranger's comment. "Well, one sneeze does not usually signify any sort of sickness. It is usually accompanied with a myriad of other things such as your head aching, or your eyes feeling watery despite no intention of crying. Other times unexplained aches and pains or even your nose may have some discomfort." Lir's attempt to cheer up the young patron with superstition. "It was probably just a coincidence, or some one was thinking of you."

"Parties? Ah, I am sorry, my name is Lir." She extended her hand for a gesture of welcome. "And your name is?"

Parties...what an odd question to ask someone in the Temple of the Mother. Lir thought passingly. Her brows furrowed a bit as she tried to recall some details of her past which did not seem too intrusive and added, "Well it has been awhile since I have been invited to a party, but I guess you can say your conduct depends on the type of party it is of course." She hopes.

Using what common sense was with her at the moment she continued on, "I would think if it is a high society party, you would need to find an outfit to match the people around you. Often listening before speaking helps a lot so you do not find yourself blundering up conversations and causing others to look strangely at you. Was that the type of answers you were seeking?"
Deianeira Saitheria
Civus

Listening to the symptoms of possibly illness she nodded. "I suppose, I might not be sick. Just worried. Though worry might cause sickness, couldn't it?" She shook her head. "I'm sorry I shouldn't be taking up your time like this, Miss Lir."

"I suppose it was a silly question to ask." she says quietly to the woman. "I am Deianeira." She tries to smile, but she knows she must sound like a complete fool. "I am sorry to have interrupted you. I guess I am just nervous." she inhales deeply. "The-the party is not far off but-" her voice stopped. "I suppose they were the sort of answers I'd hoped for. But the party just feels confusing."

She takes a deep breath trying to calm down as her voice started to get a little loud. The dark skinned achadhiel looked around again, as if to check for listeners. It wasn't a paranoid look just one of concern. "Recently, I was invited by one of my mother's clients to a party, I suppose I don't know whether to trust my mother's judgment or not. Its sort of a canundrum. Not only that, but he's noble!"The young woman's hands move animatedly as she speaks. "He's noble. There's no way I could find something that would meet his standards. This is all so... sudden." She looks down at her feet. "I am sorry, I didn't mean to ramble.
Last edited by Deianeira Saitheria on Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lir Calysta Markby
Civus

A gentle smile was used to try to calm the young patron down. "It wasn't silly, just unexpected. You have not interrupted me, I would imagine the High Priestess has several things she needs to do before I show myself. Plus, I think she'll understand my tardiness. It is always nice to help out if I can. As for worry, it could cause several symptoms of illness, but often times can be controlled by you."

Amethyst eyes followed Deianeira's nervous glances, but kept her concerns to herself, she offered her hand to Deianeira ready to lead her to a secluded bench, "Please, let's sit for a moment."

She had listened to the girl's concerns and gently rubbed the girl's hands seeking out calming pressure points while she spoke and allowed her to do it. "May I ask what your mother does and I'll bet you could find something appropriate with your mother's help? What does she think of this invitation?"
Deianeira Saitheria
Civus

"What does my mother do?" she looks embaressed and looks aware. "She's a whore...." closes her eyes as id she was trying to hide. "Well... no she's a whore that's the only way to explain it. It's good money... mother was beautiful and still is. But...." she looks at Lir. "See why I couldn't exactly go to her... it's one of her clients who invited me to this party... its too tangled to go to her... she sees me as a potiental whore perhaps... though if she didn't care for me she'd not have sent me away when I was little." she thinks on that. She sits down and smiles at Lir. "Thank you, Lir.... I guess I just needed someone to talk to..."
Lir Calysta Markby
Civus

If the information shocked Lir, she made it a point to not show it outwardly. She's probably not a common whore or this girl wouldn't be worried about impressing a nobleman or be nervous about this party unless she is being played with like a toy. All Deianeira could possibly read on her face was concern and a pensive expression.

"Well, you could always ask your mother what type of man your nobleman is like, but I do understand your nervousness. It does take quite a bit of money to buy one entire outfit that some of the rich wear to fit in. Do you know who's party you are going to or the name of your benefactor?" Perhaps a name would denote what sort of party it would be. Lir was still a newcomer to the Citadel but with her ties information tends to tumble to her feet.

"Also, I do recall that society's favorite place to shop is a place called Audrey's. I think it is pretty exclusive to the rich, but it is not very nice to have your mother's client invite you to an upperclass party and not provide assistance to fit in." She tilted her head to the side as she thought for a moment. "Even if you are concern with talking to your mother, I have a feeling she would be able to help you a whole lot more with what to wear and how to act at one of these things. If you are concerned about telling her, it could be your inner self telling you that something is just not right but ultimately it is your decision."

The ex-pirate healer has changed into a talkative person, helpful and warm. It was always a part of her but it was also consuming her. She didn't know if that was a good thing, but it was needed to survive especially what she learned of her own family. Everyone has problems especially with family.

"It's been awhile since I've been to a society function, but from what I can remember they can be quite intimidating. Just important to protect yourself and also have fun. Never let someone put you down and just find a mutual being at one of those places. Sometimes you might even find a friend." It was pretty much what she remembered while hiding when her father threw those sort of functions when she was growing up. It was quite difficult for the maids to get her in a dress and keep her clean long enough. "A sparkling jewel." She shook her head. "My mother used to write in her own diary that she always felt like a sparkling jewel when she went to parties. Despite all the etiquette and stuffiness, people tend to be quite attracted to smiles and a warm personality. I'm sorry for prattling along."
Deianeira Saitheria
Civus

"I won't ask." she says in a firm tone. "There's no point. She won't tell me. I tried to ask her. And she said, I should simple meet him, and learn. I guess I should stop having silly dreams of being a Lady... and just accept the fact that a Whore's daughter will never be anything more. No matter what clothing you put her in.. or how well you dress her up. My brothers were better off... married and such." she close her eyes. "But not me, being a girl I'm immediately considered to be 'like mother'." she's snarling at the thought of being anything like her mother.

She reached into a pocket. "The name? Simon-- something... de Miles? de something.. I think its Miles, or is Miles de Simon..." she bites her lip a moment. "I think its Miles de Simon." She shakes her head. "Mother was the one who set it up. Or so says her client." she waves a letter. "So he says. Says that mother's a bit too well know for her profession and to take her would be... improper. Taking me, her daughter, a child of lower birth, cleaning me up, will show his charity... or something like that."

She smiled. "You are of good breeding?" she asks softly. "To have maids... and such..."
Lir Calysta Markby
Civus

"We are only what we want to become. If you do not want to follow your Mother's footsteps, then don't. I have a feeling you'll succeed without her assistance or needing to even use her craft to survive. Never let anyone believe such things about yourself because you are female. Often times, I believe that we are the stronger sex, but a different sort of strength." She could understand the girl's reactions when people build their futures on to someone else. Lir felt that the girl had a lot more to learn even though they seemed to only be a few years different, but achadhiels were often older than they looked but not quite the same age length as adhiels.

She raked her brain for any familiarity but couldn't come up with any. "Perhaps we are not quite in the same circles. Just be on your guard, but have fun. I guess that's the extent of the assistance I can give."

Lir blinked that the girl picked up on it and it was more surprising that she let something from her past slip, especially her own mother. "A long, long time ago. A lot has happened since then and I guess you can say that I am relearning everything I should have learned from birth. I guess you can say I had quite an unpleasant childhood. Upperclass breeding isn't all that great. In fact, sometimes it feels like you are trapped with the rules and such that you are forced on you." The comments about her past made her body ache, always feeling that sharp pain when thinking of her father and the knowledge that one of her step-brothers had died. Sadness could be recognised but the healer pushed it aside.

She exhaled a cleansing breath and smiled once more. "This Miles de Simon might be a good person and he might see something in you that is good enough to reach out to. Maybe this invitation is a start to bring you to somewhere you may or may not want to be, but it gives you an opportunity to experience it before deciding." Lir hoped that was a smooth enough transition from the conversation about her past and bringing them back to focus on Deianeira and her concerns.
Deianeira Saitheria
Civus

She closes her eyes listening., "You're right, Miss Lir. Perhaps this is the start of something bigger and better. Perhaps a way of giving that push I've needed. She doesn't stand from the bench, she lets her eyes wander a moment. "What kind of proffession do you have Miss Lir, and can I be so bold as to ask how you came to it?" The achadhiel's voice was almost distant as she spoke, as if thinking aloud.

How had mother come to her profession? How had she walked that particular path? Mother could have been anything she wanted, she had four children... a more respectable job was probably better. Deianeira began to think to herself her mind wandering about the woman who was biologically her mother but in every other faucet just a woman whom she had spent little time with.

Return to “Inner & Outer Ring”