To Ulder (Recess- Citadel to Pax)

Where messages and orders are stored for those residing in the Seven Isles.

Moderator: Mods

Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

To Ulder (Recess- Citadel to Pax)

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

A letter in Adhiel is written in fair calligraphy, obviously expected to be translated by someone else. The paper is a thick mushroom-based paper found in Gulanadur. The seal of the Gulanadur Embassy is on it and it is addressed to Ulder. There is a note on top of the letter stating "To Be Translated"

To the Good Ulder and Company,

I know I said I would arrive to your aid once I could clean up my duties as Ambassador, but they have piled up in crisis in recent months. This world is going to the nether. All around the world, including in my homeland, calamity is gushing forth. The University of Magic is in the skies, leaving Citadel vulnerable, Trothgard is fighting a war against a powerful magus, Amun Rah had a volcano erupt in the middle of their oasis, and my homeland, Gulanadur, is being swarmed by demonic creatures.

I will be sending some of my people to Pax in order to find a place willing to have the Gulanadur gods worshiped freely while I attempt to aid the calamity back home. I am sending my people to these surface troubles in order to keep their trade plied and to possibly see a solution to it's own crisis.

Something deep brews here in the Empire... something brutal and powerful. I am doing what nobody else is doing. I am making my own decisions in order to keep the Empire strong. Know that you have inspired me to become a better man. Even if there is calamity in your own area as well, your ideals and your willingness to work for them do bring about change. Though I am unable to aid you directly, please send word if I might be able to study something for your benefit.

Keep strong, friend. Though I met you once, you do give me hope for acceptance on the surface.

Ambassador S'sinith D'Illil-Devir of Gulanadur.

"If all things are energy and a wizard is a master of manipulating it, then as a politician am I studying the greatest sorcery of all."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Most Heroic Male PC (2008)
Most Religious PC (2008/2006)
Ulder
Erstwhile Soldier

Post by Ulder »

A letter returns, written in human, and in the curt, clipped handwriting of the former Captain.

Ambassador D'Illil-Devir,

Sir, I was somewhat surprised to receive your letter. I did not expect that you had forgotten our conversation, my surprise comes from realizing that you took the time to write.

I do realize this world is beset by the tyrannies of evil men. There is danger and chaos lurking in many shadows, and light and hope is our best way of fighting that encroaching darkness.

Hope is the most dangerous weapon of all. It is forged in truth, tempered in faith, and tested in every waking moment of our lives. It can be the sharpest, most cruel instrument, or the gentlest caress. It is by far the best tool we have at our disposal.

More than anything, your words inspire hope in me as well.

Hold your candle high my friend. You are a light against the gloom.

Best wishes,

Ulder Synkaaros.
[url=https://tazlure.nl/board/viewforum.php?f=404]Ulder's Compendium[/url]

[size=67]Avatar by permission of Amok. http://en.amokanet.ru/[/size]

Return to “Imperial Mail”