Pax: Festival Field - ET, 30 Jygust (open)

These estates surrounding the larger cities of the WK include Pax Balthasar, Brie and several other smaller grounds. The barons rule supreme and intent on holding on to their belongings.

Moderators: Vanadius, Morg, Guido Cercatoro, Mods

Guido Cercatoro
Moderator & Coordinator Pax

Post by Guido Cercatoro »

Brytan

The festival field was now crowded with revellers, traders, musicians and entertainers. However, Brytan could see that the Pax Honestus were deployed throughout the field. A particularly large contingent were guarding the nobles’ enclosure and other groups were congregated at various places throughout the field. There was no overt sign of anything untoward: all appeared jovial, if a little raucous.

Glancing over towards the nobles’ enclosure, Brytan saw the backs of Ulder and Elaine as they vanished into a tent within the enclosure.

(OOC: no problem with your assumptions. As you are on your way to the nobles’ enclosure it makes sense to join this thread: https://tazlure.nl/board/viewtopic.php?t=16544)
Guido Cercatoro

Mara

“Oh, I like a little spice,” laughed Giscard, leaning close to Mara. “The spicier the better in fact.” He offered Mara his arm and nodded towards the gnomish beer tent. “Well wine is my drink, my business in fact. So I am rather virginal where ale is concerned. But I’m sure that you can teach me all you know. And then, I will inform you about the delights of Foreno in preparation for your song.”

The beer tent consisted of little more than an awning, a rudimentary bar and a few tables. Most of the tables were taking by chattering and rather drunken gnomes. Behind the bar, Mara would recognise one of the regular barstaff of the Father’s Grace, a jovial fellow who went by the strange and unexplained name of Soggybut.

“Good eventide, can I get you folks a drink,” the bartender said in his characteristically high pitched voice.

“So what would you like to know about Foreno or...myself,” Giscard would say once the drinks had arrived.
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre
Wolf, Commander Emerald Guard

Post by Draydis Quinn D`Anorre »

Dray nodded at Konrad's words. He didn't make a reply as the dwarf seemed to have more pressing business.

With that, the commander approached the stall and the one named Cadris. "Well met, Cadris. Konrad told me to seek you out."
Raevyn: Serving billions and billions since Sam. 15.

DMD Member since 2005
Guido Cercatoro

The stallholder’s face, which was already sour enough, turned into a deep scowl at the mention of Konrad. “Are you a friend of that bastard?” He spat the words out in staccato fashion.

The stall which the rather unpleasant human tended was decked out with a variety of daggers and knives. From even a cursory glance, it was possible to ascertain that the weapons were all of excellent quality – obviously the work of a fine craftsman.
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

Draydis chuckled at Cadris' words. "No. I met him only earlier today in a shop in town. He overheard a conversation that I was having with the shopkeeper and he spoke highly of your talents. From what I've seen here, his words were the truth. I know nothing of him other than his praises of your reputation."

DMD Member since 2005
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

Post by Raevyn D`Altamooriana »

Raevyn had to be here, she didn't know what for, but the feeling she got was that she was supposed to be here at the festival field this night. Her day had been a long one that started with the meeting with Rufus, a sad excuse for a man that played lapdog to perhaps an even more dangerous individual named Fenegris. She had tried to talk to Melissa about what needed to be done, but that proved difficult as Melissa seemed to be incredibly busy for most of the day. The words, she is coming, also played heavily on the adhiel's mind. The cryptic message from before was either a blessing or quite possibly something worse. Raevyn had to find out which of the two it was.

Perhaps the strangest of her happenings this day involved a small ill child. He had been poisoned and for whatever reason it was, she was there to help save his life. The only thing Raevyn was certain about regarding that was that Anasati had willed it to be. Would he and his sister be attending and what part did either of them play on this festive occasion?

Despite having her bodyguard Nemonis close by, Raevyn still carried her daggers with her, and brought along her bow. Her other two followers were present as well, but the adhiel had them focus more on being discrete about talking to others about matters of religion. This was to be a festive event, yet the assassin seemed to be dressed for war with her weapons and armor. Raevyn didn't expect anything to go wrong, but she made sure that she'd be prepared for the worse.

Raevyn was hopeful that she would see some of the other people she hadn't seen in recent months like Craghley, Ulder and his wife, as well as Draydis. If the strained relationship she had with some of them were to be mended, perhaps tonight would be the assassin's best chance. More so for Ulder and Elaine, the rift between them was apparently a deep one. As far as Raevyn knew, things between her and her fellow Guard members were fine. Regardless Raevyn desperately wanted to see any of them. It would do her good she thought. Her isolation from those she arrived to Pax with was perhaps starting to get the best of her.
The fiddler fiddled his violin which smelled horribly like fresh afterbirth boiled in cabbage.

© Marta @ www.marta-dahlig.com
Guido Cercatoro

The stallholder frowned at Draydis’ words. “Praise me, did he? No doubt for some purpose of his own.“ Although Cadris spoke in a gruff, peremptory manner, there was an undertone that suggested that he was rather pleased to be the subject of praise.

“Well, what do you want? I don’t want you putting off my customers by standing there blocking the stall.”

***********************************************************************************************
As Reavyn made her entrance to the festival field, she could not fail to notice that there was a heavy presence of guards located throughout the site. Most guarded the nobles’ enclosure but other groups were congregated at various places throughout the field. The atmosphere was raucous but good-natured. As her eyes scanned the field they alighted upon the nearby dagger-throwing stall where a sour-faced stallholder was in conversation with a familiar figure clad in armour, mask and the tabard of an Emerald Guard Commander.

The only other thing of note that attracted Raevyn’s attention was a group of children sitting in a circle in one corner of the field. In the middle of the circle was a white-robed figure, speaking quietly to the children.
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

Dray nodded. "I am in search of somebody that can design and craft a set of bracers for me. Instead of a plain pair though, I want them to have blades along the outside of the arm that could be used offensively but also defensively as weapon breakers. Your reputation would indicate that crafting something such as that would not be a difficult task at all."

The commander hoped that his continued praise would cause the man to lose some of his rough edge...

DMD Member since 2005
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

Raevyn took notice of the guards. As she did, the adhiel paid little concern to the initially. She hadn't done anything to draw their suspicions and she wasn't wanted for anything. If anything the presence of the guards served as a bit of reassurance in case things were to get out of hand. That was something that Raevyn hoped wouldn't happen because more than likely she'd be the cause of it as was usually the case with her. Trouble was something that Raevyn wanted to avoid at all causes on this festive night.

There was no denying the delight that Raevyn felt when she saw the familiar garb of Draydis. It had been months since the two of them had spoken as each seemed to have their own agendas. That fact alone was a bit bothersome for the assassin. They were here for a reason, that reason was to help Ulder, another person she hadn't had contact with for some time. If they were to succeed with what they had to do, then they all would have to speak more with each other. That is if they weren't already to late to help with anything. She took a step towards the stall where she spotted him without giving any thought to it.

There was almost no doubt that their reunion would probably be awkward, at least on Raevyn's behalf. Their most recent encounters haven't gone to well between the two fellow Guard members, let alone people that were supposedly friends. It would be hard for anyone to believe that they actually liked each other considering the last time Raevyn saw him she was more than willing to kill him where he stood. That was the past however, and there was no need to open up closed wounds.

As Raevyn moved towards him she also took notice of the group children that sat almost in a perfect circle around a figure clad in white. Children weren't known for their good behaviors most times, and were less likely to sit still for very long. Yet they seemed to be paying attention to whatever it was that he was saying. She would have to take a look for herself but she had other more important things to accomplish. Namely speaking with Draydis.

"You always did have a way with words," Raevyn said as she came up and stood beside the commander. She then faced the man that Draydis was talking to.

"Believe the words he speaks, I have not known his words to be far from the truth."

Turning once more to Draydis, Raevyn told him that it had been awhile and that she was pleased to see him. She took note of how he was dressed and wondered to herself why he was dressed as he was. She could understand the tabard and Emerald Guard gear. What she didn't understand was the mask. Surely it had was for a reason, but knowing Draydis as well as she did, there was no telling what on Tazlure that reason was for.

Again Raevyn turned to where the man spoke in front of the circle of children. Her mind couldn't help but to go back to what she was told not too long ago. She is coming. Maybe it had something to do with some of the strange happenings as of late. Perhaps even with the boy she had helped save earlier in the day.
Last edited by Raevyn D`Altamooriana on Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The fiddler fiddled his violin which smelled horribly like fresh afterbirth boiled in cabbage.

Craghley

Post by Craghley »

Craghley would have bet money on meeting their quarry at the festival. Some burns ago their little group had arrived at the festival and he'd leisurely followed Draydis at a moderate distance, nodding amiably at the faces of those he knew - townsfolk and legionnaire alike. He wore a pair of slim but sturdy boots below snug and serviceable brown trousers, a white linen shirt, his sleeveless leather jerkin and the assorted belts required to affix the Spear to his back and a dirk to his side (the dagger in his right boot stayed where it was well enough). Craghley was not a great believer in coincidences, and what with the timing of the whole thing - and a mental revision of the previous statement - he certainly would have bet money had he any to spare. But so far all Craghley had obtained in his time at the place was a growing feeling of uneasiness. And an apple.
He took a deep bite and looked around. The man in white got an appraising look, or rather, his audience did. But he did not see 'her' amongst them by the time he'd sauntered up to the general. Craghley offered Raevyn a nod and a very small smile. Whatever his feelings about the woman (which would best be described as 'cautious'), he tried not to let them show.

"Evening," he said to her, and then to his leader, "Braw guid scran 'bout. Wha's this?" he finished, his gaze sliding over Draydis' shoulder to Cadris. Ever fearful of being impolite, he addressed the dwarf. "Zen'bolden," he said as best he could, which was the greeting that Halguard had returned... all quite some time ago. Damned if he knew the exact translation though.
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

"Well if it isn't our good friend Craghley I believe your name is," Raevyn responded at person who very well could be the reason why Draydis was alive today. Quite possibly even herself had she taken that shot when they all arrived her in Pax. She had Draydis locked in and he had placed himself between her and the Emerald Guard Commander. Little did she know that other's also had her in their sights. So in part she figured he had saved both of their lives that day.

"It is very good to see you after all these months," she then continued. Her voice was calm and showed no aggression towards him at all. Truth be told it was good to see him alive and well, even if he had a peculiar accent about him. "Looks like life here in Pax has been kind to you." She then offered him her hand as a warm gesture.

Again her focus returned to the man surrounded by the children while she was talking to Craghley. She couldn't help but to see them as she spoke to him. Yet she kept her thoughts about it to herself. Probably because she didn't want them to think she was crazy for finding the scene the least bit peculiar.

Return to “The Baron Estates”