KC: Morning duties - Jygust 30th

Moderators: Maeve, Mods

Michel Carbonneau
Commander of the Kings Court Army

Post by Michel Carbonneau »

The fact that she really looked familiar made Michel slightly uncomfortable. At least she could speak the common language quite well, so his guess had been right. She hadn't always been a pirate. He couldn't suppress a grin when she said her name/ Bloody Banner Diana. God what a terrible name.

The story she was telling had quite some holes in it and yet it made more sense. There weren't pirates behind this all, someone had just used a pirate girl to send him a message. So there were other people involved. Probably connected to the underworld in the city. It seemed like it was just about the drugs then after all. That was somewhat of a relief, yet still a big worry on his mind.

"Ok. You have yourself to blame for the jaw. I was helping you and you tried to escape." He walked over to one of the cabinets and poured in a shot of whiskey and handed it over to the girl. "Now here is what we are going to do. You are going to tell me two things. One, you are going to tell me what you told them. Let's see if I believe you. So far, I am. The second thing you are going to tell me is your real name. I know you haven't been a pirate all your life and Bloody Banner Diana doesn't cut it for me. Now you have been captured and brought to the goals. Somehow the gods saw it fit to bring you here today. You might think that this is your worst day ever, but in fact this is your chance to set things straight. Right here, right now." He paused to make sure the words sank in. "You can help us find the guys who did this and we can make the troubles you have go away. You will be a free woman. But you will have to tell us all you know. Tell us what they didn't believe and tell us who you are. I promise you, I will make you a free woman. No one will ever have any right again to bring you to the goals."
Here we are. Born to be kings. We're the princes of the universe. We've come to be the rulers of you all.

Avatar by permission of Amok. [url]http://amok-koma.ru/[/url] ~ eyepatch made by Ulder, with permission of Amok.
Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Ashari »

She looked between Michel and Eli, but gratefully accepted the drink which she downed quickly and regretted it immediately. Diana pulled air in between her teeth to quell the burning in her mouth and throat. The abrasions on her lips were on fire, and she licked them to wash away the biting liquor. Even still, she lifted the glass as if to ask for more without words - much like a child. "Diana is enough for right now, I think," she started.

"I was travelling the Mer from here to Roque on The Wooden Banner," she began. "And we were overtaken by pirates. They killed many of those on board and took the spoils. I was one of the spoils." The eye contact that she had so bravely maintained was disrupted for her to flick her hazel orbs from one spot to the next, never resting for long. They weren't pleasant memories. "They brought me back to Nether's Gate and if there's one thing that's clear it's that you join up with a ship or you die of starvation, so I did what I had to," she shrugged, not thinking it to be the wrong thing considering the circumstances. "The Attica sailed back out into the Mer, but were overtaken by your navy. They started throwing things over and that's when they decided I wasn't worth my weight." It was easy to imagine it - the lanky brunette tossed overboard into the choppy waves only to be scooped up.

"Your lot treated me worse than the pirates," she finished with gritted teeth, remembering their rough handling over the days it took to return to port. Diana closed her eyes for a flicker. "And then they brought me back here, imprisoned me and set me for hanging - until last night when another one of you came to get me and brought me here and left me, just like I already said." Diana spilled her story and prepared for her death. It would be more welcome here in the office than in a public hanging.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Michel Carbonneau

Michel was thinking about her story and what it meant for him. There were two sides here for him. One was, what to do with this girl seeing as she had been used by these fuckers. The other one was that these fuckers expected some kind of reaction from him. What if he just killed her off? Would that surprise them? He could just have her killed, stating she attacked him in his office. Or bring her back to the goals to be hanged. But what would that help him? Would they stop trying to get to him, or just bring him more girls?

Another thought entered his mind. Why this girl? Was there something special about her? Or just a girl in the wrong place at the wrong time? So many questions...it was way too early to kill her off. The commander nodded to her story about the navy men. "Navy Fuckers" He muttered. There had always been competition between the regular army and the navy. Michel was technically in charge of both at the moment, but he had never liked the navy soldiers. Perhaps it was time for a meeting with their officer. Although...there wasn't any time for that at the moment. He turned his attention back to Diana, filling her glass with more whiskey. "Alright, Diana. I would like you to clean yourself up a bit and put on these new clothes. I will then take you to my home where you can take a bath. After that we will have to talk more. I..just want to make clear that you will not be treated like that again. I will make sure of it."
Here we are. Born to be kings. We're the princes of the universe. We've come to be the rulers of you all.

Avatar by permission of Amok. [url]http://amok-koma.ru/[/url] ~ eyepatch made by Ulder, with permission of Amok.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"Ok," Diana started and brought the glass to her mouth again, this time avoiding her cracked lips.

Eli, however, chimed in. "Sir, do you really think that is in your best interest?" He gave a glance toward the young woman, and didn't seem convinced of her story or of her going back to his personal house. In a hoarse whisper he said: "She claimed to be a pirate..."

"I can hear you still," Diana interrupted.

Lt Brown shot daggers from his eyes toward her, but it didn't wipe the grin off her bruised face. "Shouldn't you be cleaning up, you're awefully dirty," he looked down his nose at her and she visibly stiffened as if prepared to pounce, but didn't. Back to Michel, he sighed. "Apologies, Commander. I do not mean to question you, but, I just want for you to make the decision that doens't put you in harm's way. Who is to say she's not a part of all this?"

The pirate pushed the blanket off of her body and examined the bandages, pulling one back to look at the wound that Michel had given her. "Beautiful," she muttered to herself while Eli kept talking.

"And how are you going to keep an eye on her if you're gone-" His shoulder's slumped slightly realizing it made the most sense for him to babysit the brunette, since he was the only one aware of what had transpired.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Michel Carbonneau

Michel turned to Eli as he gave Diana the chance to fix herself up and change her clothes without them watching. He rested one hand on Eli's shoulder. "Listen, Eli. She needs to take a bath and just fresh up. I can't let her do that here, what would people think we were doing? If she changes clothes, she can come with me to my home, she will just be one of the girls I have conquered." He grinned. "Oh, I am aware of my reputation among the guys."

"Now, I have a couple of marks to spare before I have other meetings to attend to. While she is freshening up and we have some more talks, you can try to find Ignazio. I'd love to hear what that little fucker has to say. At the beginning of trade tide you can come to my house, we can discuss what we have found out and then I will be able to go to my meetings and you can watch her. And you will have to watch her until I get back from Pax. Can you do that Lieutenant?" Addressing him as lieutenant was more jokingly done than being serious, but Eli knew that by now.

Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Eli begrudgingly turned away from Diana as she started to undress. He supposed they could give her that much privacy. It was surprising that Michel was aware of his reputation. Generally they tried to keep their comments about the womanizing Commander to a minimum. Apparently someone spilled the beans on that one. He nodded respectfully. The idea did have merit.

The young woman undressed and used the bucket of water as a washbasin and a soft sponge to clean herself, particularly her face, neck and arms, since they would show. She pulled the rough men's clothing on over her bare body. "Are these meant for a giant or something?" Eli didn't dare turn around until Michel did. He wasn't nearly as experienced in his Commander in so many things.

"I can do that, sir. I will return to your home with any information I can gather," he nodded and then turned on his heel and reached for the door. "If I do find Ignazio, should I have him arrested and brought to the goals.. or directly to you?" He suspected it would be the latter, but it was best to be certain in a matter such as this.

"I'm decent," Diana said while still adjusting the military outfit. It was standard issue breeches of canvas and a linen shirt meant to be a size appropriate for Michel, as that was who Eli had in mind when getting them. She'd tucked the shirt in and rolled up the pants and pulled a pair of socks over her dirty feet, though they remained bare aside from that as she had no shoes.

"I will take your soiled clothes and get rid of them," Eli said curteously enough, and Diana managed to keep any snide comments to herself. "Good luck, Commander, and keep an eye out." With that he departed, taking Diana's clothing and the left over medical supplies.

"So now what, Commander?" There was biting sarcasm in his title, and she'd not yet once used his name. It was easier if they weren't friends, she figured. It made the lies come easier, too.
Michel Carbonneau

Michel couldn't surpress a grin when Diana was talking about how big the clothes were. Even though she was being a pain in the ass, he admired her...spunk. Thinking about the clothes made him realize he probably needed some kind of plan to get her into a coach without being seen too much. But there wasn't much time to think things through. He looked to see if he still had a cloak laying around here. That at least would cover up most of the strange clothing.

He patted Eli on the shoulder. "Thanks, Eli. Please, bring him straight to me." No surprise there indeed. The Commander wanted to keep things under his control as much as possible. When Diana was dressed Michel turned around. This wasn't the time nor place..well..maybe it was a place, but he always thought that women looked quite sexy in men's clothing. "Guess we're ready to go! Eli, could you ask for a coach on your way out? We'll be walking outside in a burn or two."

Before Eli left the room, Michel had one more thing to say. "Lieutenant Brown." He waited until Eli looked at him. "Thank you for your help. It is highly appreciated and won't be forgotten."

Once Eli was out of the room, he turned back to Diana. "We will have to wait a couple of burns here so that a coach can be arranged. No offence, but I want to spend as little time possible in public with you."

Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"Yes sir," Eli responded without hesitation. He reached for the door, but was stopped by Michel's interruption via his name. Turning, he gave the Commander an attentive look, which transformed into pride as he was thanked. "It's my honor, sir," he replied somewhat quieter with great respect. He stepped through the threshold and into the hallway and gave himself the flicker to pray to Dominicus for thanks that Michel hadn't been angry for his mistake, and also that he was given the opportunity to help his Commander. Selfishly he also prayed to find Romeo.

Diana gave a soft look as the Luietenant left, but kept her sarcastic remarks to herself for the moment. Awww.. cute. So close to his privates. The pun almost made her laugh, but she managed to hide it by rubbing her nose with the sleeve of the large shirt.

"You thinking spending time with you helps me?" Diana asked as she crossed her arms. A youthful hip jutted out, almost swallowed entirely by the large breeks. The brunette tapped her socked foot absently and started to whistle a sea shanty with dirty lyrics she ran through in her mind.
Michel Carbonneau

Michel leaned back against his desk and just looked at her for a few flickers. Finally he shook his head in amazement. 'You know, when I said I didn't have time for this shit, I meant it. You say you've been treated worse by the navy than by the pirates and you don't want to be brought back to the goals." He paused for a moment. For a flicker he had the idea to walk up to her, look into her eyes from up close, hoping he could see what was really going on in that mind. Who are you, Diana...and where do I know you from?

He remained where he was however and continued. "And yet you are not helping me at all. I said I would help you. It might be hard to trust me, but you really don't have much to lose either. All you have tried to do is fight me though. I don't think that is not going to help you in any way either."
Last edited by Michel Carbonneau on Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ashari

Post by Ashari »

It was in her best interest to shut up. Thus, she whistled ostensibly, but inside she was thinking about what Michel said. After a burn or so, she sighed. "Aren't we supposed to be headed for a coach?" She reminded him of what he'd said to Lt Brown. Unless coach is some sort of code for "I'm gonna kill this wench," she hoped that wasn't the case. Diana was sore all over, and didn't have much fight left in her after the past month. She was alive though. That, in itself, gave her hope for getting out of this situation.

The cloak that Michel looked for was no where to be seen, but he did have a captain's hat hanging on a hook on the wall, which would atleast give some covering for her face. "I wish your friend had gotten a pair of boots," her accent, now moved away from the pirate drawl was of somewhere nearby, either that or she was doing a good job of impersonating it from listening to those of the city.

Under different circumstances, if she wasn't entirely sure that Michel would kill her, she would've ran again. Eli hadn't locked the door after he'd left, and the Commander didn't seem to notice. "How long have you been smoking poppies?" She asked, making a logical assumption from the recognizable taste that still remained in her mouth. Atleast she'd had the decency to wait until Lt Brown exitted.
Last edited by Ashari on Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michel Carbonneau

Michel handed her the hat with a look on his face that made it very clear that his patience was running out fast. "Yes, we do need to get to the coach. Now put this hat on." He didn't respond to her question about the poppies just yet, waiting until she had put on the hat. "I'll make you a deal. I tell you what there is to tell about the poppies, if you tell me your last name. If you really believe I have something to do with the poppies and you have nothing to hide with your name, than there is a lot to gain from getting knowledge about the Commander of the Army being addicted to opium."

He tilted his head. "But if I don't have anything to do with the opium and you have a lot to hide, then it is far better to shut up about this subject and to not make any accusations against the Commander again." He took a little risk, but it was a risk he was willing to take. He needed to know who she was.

Michel walked up to the door and grabbed the doorknob. He looked at her questioningly. "Well? What's it going to be?" If she wouldn't say anything and would walk to the door, he would open it and they would walk to the coach, taking the quickest and shortest route possible. If she did start talking however, he would keep the door closed and he would listen to what she had to say.

Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Diana looked at the parcel of opium, "May I?" She reached out dirty fingers with shortly trimmed nails and pulled the leather tie from it, which she applied to her hair and stuffed it up in an elegant Roque Twist behind her head, close to the nape of her neck. With her hair pulled back she tossed the hat ontop and it fell down to almost her nose. Diana snorted and pushed the brim up, though it still enveloped her in it's large size. "Are you people giants?" She looked the part of a twelve yahren old young man putting on his father's military regalia.

"Since you have nothing to do with it you won't mind me just hanging onto this, right?" The young woman held the parcel in her palm, upward, for Michel to take if he wanted it. Her question answered his, though. She had no intention on giving up her identity. Not so you and your bastard army can take out the rest of my family.

Diana slinked over to Michel and waited for him to open the door. Step out, I'll lock you out! It was a moment's thought, but then she realized he'd likely have a key in his pocket. Another dashed dream. Atleast she wasn'st still in the gaols.

Silently she walked beside the Commander, her legs making up two steps for his one. She was a good deal shorter than the man who she was now charge of. I wish he'd bound my hands... dragged me along, maybe then I wouldn't feel like I was giving in. The pirate lass kept her posture straight and tucked her hands at her lower back. If carrying ledgers she could've passed for a currier, but there hadn't been time for that nonsense.

Outside the light was clear and bright, but momentary, as the coach waited nearby. Eli waved them over and ushered them inside. "Get on," he said to the coachman, but knew well enough to treat the cabbie like any other lest he think something was up and decide to speak up. Otherwise, it'd just be a curious figure without explanation in the company of the Commander.

It wasn't a long ride to Michel's personal residence.

OOC: Continued here
Last edited by Ashari on Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

NEW SKILL! Grappling: Basic
NEW SKILL! Con Artist: Basic
NEW SKILL! Dodge Blow: Basic

RAISED! Resolve: +** to Resolve: Basic+***

ADDED! Letter from a Friend to inventory

Return to “KC Archive”