Fare Well and Fair Ale (EET) [Laughing King Tavern]

Moderators: Maeve, Mods

Haikan
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Haikan »

"Alright, come on and have a seat then!" The captain offered his hand for Esme to shake as Geoffrey walked off.

"My name is Haikan Gray, and this is lieutenant Geoffrey Mullen," he started, making sure to point out Geoffrey as if he were a truly great man in all dimensions, having seen his attraction to the lady. "...This man across from me is Mikail, and that is his assistant, Anna." The adhiel pointed to each person as he introduced them to Esme, and he returned his attention to her. "What might yours be, fair lady?" And he offered his charm in the form of a half-smile with friendly eyes. He extended his other hand to offer the seat opposite of Geoffrey, if she wished to sit. He waited for Geoffrey to return, and when he did, his face lit up with excitement.

"Alright! Let's do this," he exclaimed as Geoffrey set down the board. "Well, since you took the plain, I suppose I'll grab the white ones." He grabbed the sticks and threw them down, and he placed his first piece on the edge of the board, to the left of the spot where Geoffrey placed his. Well, this is a good opportunity to work on friendships, and exercise my tactical brain at the same time! Haikan looked forward to the game with a grin, ever-concerned with self-improvement.
Last edited by Haikan on Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikail
Civus

Post by Mikail »

Despite his slurred speech after drinking all of the alcohol given to himself as well as the brothers, the directions were still relatively easy to understand. This man can really hold his alcohol...

"Alright, I'm in, no harm in a little fun. I'll be on my brother's team of course..." That should let our lieutenant get comfortable with his new friend too. He threw the sticks and placed his first fae on the eye on the opposite side of the one Haikan's fae was on, and then waited for the girl to cast. Wanting to make sure he was following the game correctly, he asked: "I can pick any of the eyes to start, and have to start one at a time, right?"
Last edited by Mikail on Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belief without doubt is blindness. Open your eyes; [i]answer the questions, but do not be afraid to question the answers[/i]
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

At Geoffrey's introduction to Esme by Haikan the lieutenant gave an exaggerated seated bow. When he turned his face back up he displayed a charming smile aimed entirely at the beautiful stranger. "Don't suppose you'd be my partner?" He asked with a grin that displayed slight dimples in his cheeks.

Toward Mikail he nodded, wanting to get the boring directions part out of the way. "Yes, you start on whatever one is closest, and that'll be your home position, like your base that you have to get back to. Suppose it's like King's Court for us, right guys?" He chuckled and returned two of his four pieces into the box. They'd established how many were playing, and that meant they each got two pieces.

Haikan and Mikail - being quick to chose pieces rather than offer choice to the lady, left Esme with the red hued cedar pawns, which Geoffrey removed from the case for her and slid over to her. All the pieces were smooth in texture and felt good under the fingers.

The captain's throw displayed two dark sticks and two light. Terra West's alchemist threw a three like Geoffrey, and the lieutenant sighed. "We'll have to throw again," he said, but waited for Esme to throw first.

"As for moving them, you don't have to move just one at a time," Geoffrey further explained to Mikail, as the rest of the question had just occured to him. "As long as you get more than one point you can split it up between yours or Haikan's fae pieces, it doesn't have to all go with one at a time."
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]

Post by Guest »

Esme smiled graciously at the lieutenant and took the seat beside him. Grasping the red-tinted pieces in her smooth hands she shook them slightly. "I have to admit, I have not played Sidhe's Chase is such a long time," she said with a twinkle in her eyes, "But let's see if the lieutenant and I can give you men a run for your gold." She grinned and cast her throw. Three dark sides and one light.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

OOC: It's up to you guys if you want to play this out turn-for-turn. It will probably take a LONG time and the posts will mostly be "And then I threw the sticks," and then I post what you get and then "and got a two and move piece A one space and piece B one space", and isn't likely to be extra exciting. What we can do, is sort of "fast forward" the playing by me saying what's happening in the game and you guys reacting to it. I'll post both below and you guys can decide. Editted out extra post for clarity

"Another three," Geoffrey said with an exaggerated sigh. "C'mon then," he picked up and threw the sticks to show four dark sides. "Ha!" He exclaimed exuberantly. Mikail's next throw showed three and Esme a one.

"Now, down to the real business. I'm first, then you Mik, then Haikan, then Esme," he shook the sticks in his hand and tossed to show three. He moved one piece three spaces. By four turns in everyone had their pieces on the board, only to have one of Geoffrey's pieces sent back by Haikan. "Thanks, cap'n!" He joked giving him a jovial punch to the shoulder that was a bit harder than intended thanks to his intoxication.

Geoffrey moved one of Esme's pieces closer to the "home" position and then knocked one of Mikail's out. He did this with a big grin. Esme managed to create a wall with her two pieces, thus blocking anyone from moving forward. Both of Haikan's pieces were locked behind this red wall. The turn then went to Mikail as Geoffrey passed him the casting sticks.

NEXT ROUND
Mikail gets: 2 (enter piece, move piece, separate Esme's wall)
Haikan gets: 5 (all four =+1) (can only move two, creating a wall behind Esme's, move Mikail's pieces)
Esme gets: 3 (move Mik's or separate wall)
Last edited by Ashari on Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

ooc: I think the fast forwarding is an excellent idea

"No worries Geoff, and expect no holding back, just because we're pals! I'm in it to win it!" Haikan's face was glowing with excitement. His brow was slightly furrowed and his mouth was curved up into half of a smile, as he wracked his brain over the most intelligent decisions he could make in this game.

"Esme, you're pretty good!" The elvish captain was rather into it, seeing this as an excellent opportunity to exercise his tactical skills. And a greater tactician I shall become! Watch out, Western Kingdom!

He was determined to keep Mikail's pieces safe by moving his together, supplementing the wall behind Esme's and being ever-ready to jump at the opportunity to send her pieces back. Mikail's would from this point on be used to race to home and of course, send back Geoffrey's other pieces.

"This was a great idea, what fun!"
Mikail
Civus

Post by Mikail »

Mikail quietly sat watching all the moves made, not even uttering a sound when his fae was kicked. He moved his pieces with an emotionless precision, as if hundreds of lives depended on this game. He was absorbed completely beyond communicating with anyone except a few glances to Haikan. He was trying to make sure Haikan didn't wall his pieces, because he didn't want to risk two pieces getting kicked.

When his turn came around again, he lifted his hand in the air, and brought it down to the table to let the sticks fall out in front of the board. After he received two dark, he passed the sticks to Haikan. He put a new piece on the stage and then jumped Esme's wall. This was what he hoped to keep from happening to Haikan.

He blankly said while staring a hole through his pieces with the utmost serious demeanor: "Geoffrey, it might be my misunderstanding, but when I jump two locked pieces they are returned to the outside of the board as if a single fae correct?"
Last edited by Mikail on Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Belief without doubt is blindness. Open your eyes; [i]answer the questions, but do not be afraid to question the answers[/i]
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"Hahaha, in it to win it, that's great, Haik. That should be your catch phrase, man." Geoffrey shook his head to Mik's question. "Nope, sorry man, you can't go pass Esme's wall until she moves it," he grinned. "Nice one, team-mate," he winked to her and grinned, waiting to see what Haikan would get when he tossed the sticks.

"So.. Esme, are you new to the city? I don't think I've seen you here before - we hang out here at the Laughing King a lot. Well, lately that is." He continued to give a charming smile for the young woman who he thought was rather beautiful, and he wanted very much to tell her that, except he couldn't in front of all the guys. He didn't need to get a reputation as a womanizer among these men as well. "We're preparing for an expedition to Brie and Pax Balthasar - bringing supplies and returning with all manner of exciting trade opportunities," he gushed somewhat to her, trying to impress the mystery lady. "Can I buy you a drink?" He noticed the clear liquid she drank which looked like water, but there was a chance it was a very strong spirit. He hoped for the later. Women were easier to seduce when intoxicated.

"You know, Haikan, I might have a few games back at my place. Think I should bring them on the Caravan to give us something to do in the evenings?" Geoffrey offered hopefully, wanting to take away some of the boredom of the voyage.

OOC: Sorry, Mik, that was my mistake. You can enter & move your "cast out" piece, but not get between her wall. I'm not even sure why I wrote that. ::rolls eyes:: Your other option is moving Haikan's pieces before his turn starts, leaving him only the chance to move your pieces.
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

"Sure thing, I'd be elated if you brought them along. A good game or two is great for passing the time, and you know me- always eager to practice my stragegic skills." He tapped the side of his head in a silly manner, emphasizing the 'epic brilliance' that was required to play these games.

The adhiel cast his sticks, and as long as his pieces were still behind Esme's, he knew he couldn't move them- but getting both his pieces behind her wall was something he had needed to do. Without any moves left, he would move Mikail's pieces forward, attempting to keep them out of a stick-throw's range from Geoffrey's pieces. He smiled competitively, for his world was this game right now, and this game was his world. In it to win it!
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Esme, taking the sticks, cast a 3, and broke apart her wall. "I've lived in King's Court my whole life," she said and moved one piece forward three spaces.

Haikan was then able to send another of her tokens back to the beginning, and from there, the team of Mik and Haik took the lead. Haikan's tactically enabled mind and Mikail's attention to detail made them a good pairing. Geoffrey on the other hand, being intoxicated, had a slight disadvantage compared, and Esme wasn't as skilled.

The game went quickly from there, until Haikan and Mikail got all their pieces docked in the home position. Almost right after Haikan started to get the feeling of wanting fresh air and took his leave to meet a lovely young lady named Mary.

OOC:Due to Esme's slow posting rate I'm tying this one up so you guys can move forward! Happy Travels. Locked for skilling.
Last edited by Ashari on Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

SKILLS:
Haikan
NEW SKILL! Philosophy: Basic
Persuade: +*
Tactics: +*

Mikail
NEW SKILL! Persuade: Basic
Philosophy: +*
Jesting: +*
Conversation: +*

Matiel
NEW SKILL! Philosophy: Basic
Business Perception: +*
Logical Analysis: +*
Creating Stories: +*
Last edited by Ashari on Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “KC Archive”