A Monk Approaches The Gates - Jygust 30 TT (Tyrone)

Moderators: Maeve, Mods

Abbott
Mod Trainee

A Monk Approaches The Gates - Jygust 30 TT (Tyrone)

Post by Abbott »

King's Court had most certainly seen war and it had taken its toll on the defences of the town. The South and West walls had suffered severe damage. However, new stones were now beginning to replace the makeshift wooden barriers that had been hastily erected to offer some protection to the city. The gates themselves, those Vigilant Gates of heavy oak proudly displaying the shield of arms of the king, were gone, replaced by rough cut wood from the fields surrounding Kings Court. Visitors had to pass through these main gates before they might enter the splendid city of Kings Court and experience everything the city has to offer. Several city guards were busy registering anyone who entered the capital, and offering information about the city and what might be found inside.

The line was long and the wait doubly so. A large merchant's wagon was unloading for inspection and a small army of guards crawled over it in an investigatory manner. Realizing the back-up, one guard stepped to the side to allow foot traffic through while the wagon cleared security.

Cedric Grimes, a balding and portly fellow, stood in at the head of the line asking any who approach three stock questions.

"Alright, let's get this line moving. Give me your name, your occupation or purpose for being in the city, and affirm that you are in fact a follower of Dominicus. Any more than that, I do not want to hear."

The mule tethered to the wagon began to protest stubbornly, kicking at the guards as they tried to move him off to the side of the path, widening the area for incoming travelers.
Last edited by Abbott on Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
~AbboTT
Tyrone
The Jackal

Post by Tyrone »

The Vigilent Gates
Jygust 30, 1225 AD

And there he stood once more before the gates of King's Court, and there he gazed one more before the holy center of Tazlure, the promised land of the chosen of the only omnipotent One God. For didn't the scripture say: "I shall lead you to a promised land under my anointed one, the King and Avatar, it shall be filled with flowing milk and honey and my manna shall rain upon my chosen people." These words he pondered, these words Tyrone mulled under the summer sun of Jygust and these words he kept to his breast as a promise that the chosen people of Dominicus shall eternally reign and the wicked and the heathen shall fear His name. "For I shall scatter thine enemies before you like sands in the wind until they are no more." Wasn't that what happened with the heathen kingdom of his kinsmen, the pagan Adhiels of the north? They are dwindling like a faint echo until they are no more and his heart was gladenned that the promise of Dominicus was accomplished. Brother John had done good in the North, he thought with fanatic approval when he heard the news of T'aquar. Lord Dominicus, make me your instrument as you have done for Brother John.

Cedric James wrote:"Alright, let's get this line moving. Give me your name, your occupation or purpose for being in the city, and affirm that you are in fact a follower of Dominicus. Any more than that, I do not want to hear."

The dark achadhiel of the Purificatio moved forward with the grace of an adhiel. He was wearing a very tattered and soiled habit of a monk of the Purificatio, sweating profusely under the hard, woolen fabric of the habit, it was a sacrifice he had to bear, a discomfort he openly embraced for the sake of the One God. His cowl was deeply pulled down his dark achadhiel face which was completely gaunt and thin. He had travelled on foot to King's Court from Terra Incognita, contiously from day to night, fasting and fervently praying. The crowd of people and their din of noise were making him nervous. He had lived in a secluded place in the Abbey back in World's Mouth and his sojourn in the desert of Terra Incognita had bereft him of how loud and how suffocating a crowd was.

He took a confused step forward, his sandals thin, caked with dirt and mud and clasping the Dominican Amulet he wore on his neck, the Jackal faced Cedric, his gray eyes gleaming fanatically under the shadow of his hood.

"May the Lord Dominicus be with you, my son." Tyrone hissed silently, his voice melodious but low as if he had not used them for a very long time. "I am Brother Tyrone, a novice monk of the Purificatio. I seek an audience with the Bishop Lazos."
Last edited by Tyrone on Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abbott
Mod Trainee

Post by Abbott »

The drizzly cool of the morningtide had all but burned away completely and the hot Jygust sun was scorching those standing before the once-proud stone wall. The man's time in line was spent enduring stares from many of the capital-goers. A monk was nothing new to see entering His city. To the eyes of some of the onlookers, however, the achadhiel appeared to be a dusty black ghost of a man. Stories of his travels could be seen on his thick, heavy garments.

Well doesn't he just look the part of a monk, Grimes thought somewhat nervously while listening to the introduction. He had never been much more than a casual observer of the One God and this sudden appearance of one who had obviously given so much for his faith... it shook the him slightly.

"Welcome to King's Court, Brother Tyrone." The good sergeant's eyes traveled the length of the new-comer's body to meet the striking gray orbs of Tyrone before he continued. "You are free to enter the city."

Unfortunately for Tyrone, he was not immediately free to enter the city. The cart had finally been cleared, its inspection complete. But upon crossing the threshold of the gate there could be heard a loud splintering boom as a myriad of goods escaped their wooden crates. The rather over-filled cart had let loose its contents. Crates, guards, and one little merchant were piled up into a large jumble, blocking the entrance to the city as they scrambled to right the mess. Cedric cursed and walked over to assist in clearing the way.

A scratchy, audacious voice rose from behind the monk, "What exactly do you propose to be? You look mighty dirty to me... and dontcha realize that it's right damn hot out here?" The speaker was a scruffy-looking halfling female who had apparently been watching the dark man closely with either contempt or prejudicial confusion. The odor of pipe smoke and some type of hard spirits could be perceived about her person.
~AbboTT
Tyrone
The Jackal

Post by Tyrone »

Gravely, the Novice Monk Inquisitor nodded gratefully at the guard and prepared himself to cross the threshold and enter the Holy City of King's Court. Any moment now, Tyrone would be inside the Sacred Basilica basking under the Holiness of the One and Only God, Dominicus, he pictured himself kneeling before the sacred tabernacle and whipping himself with a scourge in a fanatic frenzy and he would be at peace and his sins, which was plentiful, which was deeply imbedded in his blood, would be purged anew once more. Sing alleluia to the lord, The Jackal silently prayed as he cast his head heavenward, his heart glad by the sacrifice he would take, by the pain he would inflict to himself for the glory and wonder of the One God, Dominicus. His hood fell back behind him, showing his dark, achadhiel face, which was full of fanatic and holy zeal, for the crowd to see. Sing alleluia to the Lord for He is the God of mercy, His punishments just and His wrath... He stopped in midstep when he heard a loud, splintering boom and the cart suddenly let loose its myriad contents, causing him to step back, his pious reverie cut short by the accident before him, blocking his entry to the Holy City and to the Basilica Dominici.

The press and din of the crowd, the heat and the accident suffocated him, he drowned in profound agitation and confusion. Never had he seen this huge crowd around him, never had he felt this smothered as if a million hands were pressing down on him, strangling him, choking him. Although Tyrone sweated under the baking heat of the sun, he felt this numbing coldness as he realized that there was nowhere else to go, that the path to the Basilica was denied of him.

Was this a portent from Dominicus? Why would the Lord God stop him from entering His holy city? Was he soaked in sin and debauchery that his mere presence would taint the sanctity of the city? My Lord! My God! He cried silently, yet fervently to the heavenly dome. Why hast thou forsaken me? But not my will but Your Will be done! If the Lord would deny him entrance, then he would accede for Dominicus' ways are mysterious to man. But he needed to get out of this suffocating crowd. He felt helpless as if he was being buried alive, sweating coldly and profusely under the tattered priestly vestment he wore.

Little, female, heathen hafling wrote:"What exactly do you propose to be? You look mighty dirty to me... and dontcha realize that it's right damn hot out here?"

Dimly, he felt himself pulled back by the little voice, his eyes focusing clearly down at the person who spoke. Was this why he was barred from the Holy Basilica? Contempt and racial revulsion filled him as he saw that the voice belonged to a halfling and not only a hafling, but a female halfling! Women were of course weak in faith, virtue and mental faculty. They were here to tempt men of faith away from the grace of Dominicus and their very existence was an existence of sin and debauchery. Perhaps, this was his penance, perhaps, this was the reason why God stopped him from entering the city, perhaps to save this lowly, female halfling from a life of sinful ways and save her from the damnation of Nether Fire and Hell. Pity overwhelmed him, pity over her sex and her lowly disposition as a halfling, the lowest creature that Dominicus created, almost as equal to the soulless beasts and plants.

"Little sister," Tyrone rasped with his parched voice, his eyes full of fanatic zeal as he looked mercifully down at the halfling woman. "This..." He gestured around, at the chaos around him, at the summer sun and the confusion that seemed to envelop them, his agitation melting away from the sole holy purpose of saving this stray, female beast. Was he not a shepherd of men? Then, he shall steer this female beast back to the light of the Only God and if she does not, then woe to her for surely, her soul shall burn in the eternal damnation and Netheric Gehenna, yes, he will see to it that she be burned in the Nether. "... is but an illusion of the mortal flesh. For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit of the Eye you put to death the deeds of the body you will live. You must put to death what is earthly in you: fornication, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry and surely, you shall see the Kingdom of the One God and be saved." The Jackal then smiled compassionately down at her, a smile akin to a predator against its prey as he opened his arms to welcome the stray beast back to the Kingdom of God.
Last edited by Tyrone on Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Abbott
Mod Trainee

Post by Abbott »

Tyrone wrote:"Little sister, this is but an illusion of the mortal flesh. For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit of the Eye you put to death the deeds of the body you will live. You must put to death what is earthly in you: fornication, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry and surely, you shall see the Kingdom of the One God and be saved."

The short, yet none too narrow, halfling looked at the Oneist with a peculiar gaping countenance. As Tyrone spoke her eyes began to glaze as if she were having a hard time concentrating on him and yet was strangely captivated at the same time.

"Aheye know all about yer One God, pilgrim-man. I'm a good little follower of Dominicus too, you see. Your rhetoric is lost on me. I respect Him, but I'm going to live my life the way I will." She caught herself giving an honest reply and regained her annoying facade, showboating for the growing crowd forming in the gate line.

"Is that what you get outta all of this?" She pointed towards the man's clothing, a symbol of his faith. "You get off on the idea off some sort of Holy Zombie-Land?" The little person was careful to speak in tones low enough to avoid rousing the busied guards' attention.

"Obviously not everybody can spend their lives wanderin' about, praying- else nothing would get done. What do you say to that, sir?." The last word was stretched emphatically in a mocking manner. She smiled wide, pleased with herself and uttered a small hiccuping noise as her tradetide drinks began to catch up with her.

Some men from the line had moved over to help the guards right the cart. Though the path was still very congested, progress was quickly being made.

OOC: This thread is no longer impassable for Tyrone. You may go on to post in KC as well as finishing up this thread. Welcome back, bud!
Last edited by Abbott on Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~AbboTT
Tyrone
The Jackal

Post by Tyrone »

ooc: If you are a woman, or a feminist, please read elsewhere. You have been warned
[hr][/hr]
How like a woman she is, The Jackal thought, looking down at the halfling with his fanatic eyes. How her mind hops about! But the young, dark achadhiel couldn't blame the halfling, was she not a female, an incomplete being? A creature of low esteem and low mind, easily swayed into sin, so very much unlike a man and he couldn't blame her race either. It was double imperfection for her: a race almost equal to a lowly beast and her gender which was lower than the worm beneath the soil. Surely, the Lord had barred his path to the Basilica to enlighten and guide the women of Tazlure, those imperfect, sad creatures to the perfectness of the One God.*

The sun was till harsh and the path was still denied of him and with the huge crowd congesting near the gate, a great weariness and anxiety came upon the young monk for he had not seen such a huge congregation before him, knowing that their sins should imperile his soul and soil his purity. And then, slowly, pity overcame his cold, merciless heart as he stared down at her and at the weary crowd. Were they not also creatures of God? And before the crowd, before the little halfling, The Jackal stood majestically and lifting his hand, he pointed at the small female before him and cried out, letting his voice carry away into the heavenly kingdom of God.

He preached:

"Little Sister, how little of faith you have, but I do NOT condemn you your gender, for surely, the Lord has created women unequal before men. But I say unto you: **Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you."

Slowly, he pushed back his hood to reveal his thin, gaunt face, severely weathered by the sun and looked pointedly at the crowd before him, his voice throbbing with passion and holy zeal and his gray eyes flashing with fanaticism and divine fervor.

"Prayer to the God Almighty lifts the soul closer to him, for if you pray unto Him wholeheartedly, your soul shall know the light of the One. Doesn't the lowly flower lifts its budding petals towards the heavenly dome to ask the One God for sun and light? Even for such a lowly flower, the Lord gives, what more for you higher creature of the One God?

Enflamed, he mouthed from the scriptures of the One Book:

"***Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Or what man is there among you who, when his son asks for a loaf, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, he will not give him a snake, will he? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the Almighty One God who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!"

The Jackal then turned his gaunt face back to the lowly halfling and reaching forth his hand, he beckoned for her and to the women in the crowd to embrace the Light of the Almighty One God. "I say unto you, Little Sister and to you women of Tazlure..."

"Blessed is she who prays in the name of the One Lord, Dominicus, for surely, the One God shall cast away the ineptitude of her feminity and make her like a man, complete before the Kingdom of God."
[hr][/hr]
*Note: The author of this post does not share this belief.
** Mat 7: 1-2
*** Mat 7: 7-11
Last edited by Tyrone on Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:44 am, edited 4 times in total.
[size=75]Avatar from:[url=http://artofphilwohr.blogspot.com/2007/08/redmist-castle-work.html]Phil Wohr[/url]
[hr][/hr]
[i][b]"Hate thy neighbours for they hate you even more."[/i][/b]
[hr][/hr]
Posting: Once/week[/size]
Abbott
Mod Trainee

Post by Abbott »

As he preached, the holy man became aware of the many eyes which had turned towards him. The line was made up of no less than fifteen people by this time and all attention was on the robed man. Heads began to nod in agreement at some of the prose which Tyrone was skillfully sharpening into poignant words of pontification. Muttered words of encouragement could be heard as well. He had pulled a lever in their minds. They were no longer curious and half-amused onlookers. They were now taking part in a spiritual event of significance.

The halfling's boorish demeanor was slowly cracking as Tyrone's icy words traveled from her ears and slid down into her heart. The pressure on a woman living in times such as these was tremendous. Everyone of the One Church believed in His power and His perfect Words. It was not every day, however, that a man of the cloth brought out guilt-smothered verse and proclaimed her sex a weaker one outright.

Normally she would have been furious, but as the drunkard's eyes locked with Tyrone's, a shudder flew through her body. For his visage was a shocking one. The halfling's gaze then panned about the crowd, searching for support. Of course she found none. It was a mass of men before her- citizens of King's Court, a population made up largely of devout followers of Dominicus.

"What is it that you expect me ta do, anyway? Throw myself on the ground for a God who don't even help a starving city?"

A tear could be seen in the young woman's eye, the drama of the situation forming a uncomfortable lump in her chest.
~AbboTT
Tyrone
The Jackal

Post by Tyrone »

“What have you done, little sister?” Tyrone countered, looking at her with gray, penetrating eyes. “What have you done to deserve the Grace of the One Lord?” The Jackal then lifted his gaunt face and leveled them at the crowd, looking at each one of them with wrathful eyes. “What have you all done to deserve the Grace of the One Lord?”

Slowly, he lifted his hands and pointed at each one of them accusingly as he asked each one of them a question: “Have you given food to the hungry? Have you given shelter to the homeless? Have you warned the ignorant adhiels, the pagans and the heathens of their iniquities, thus spreading the word of the Lord? Do you honor and follow the doctrines and precepts written down by Ustus, the Holy Servant and Prophet of the Lord? *For I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for the Holy name of Dominicus.'

“Hearken to me, Brothers and Sisters of Tazlure: Repent! For the Kingdom of Dominicus is upon you!” Tyrone warned, lifting both his hands heavenward, his tattered robe flowing in the wind as his silvery, unkempt hair glimmered under the Jygust sun. “Cast away the sin that binds within your soul! Step out of the darkness that shadows your life! What right do you have to question the Lord our God? What right does a son have to question the wisdom of his father? What right does a lowly dog have to question its human master? For I say unto you, The Lord God Dominicus is the Father in Heaven, our Master and Lord. He gives wholeheartedly without expecting anything in return. He wishes us to only love Him. It is we who had done this great curse upon us! For by turning away from the Grace of the One God, for by not following His commandments, we, ourselves, are at fault and the Lord had turned His Grace from us.”

“Woe to you Children of Tazlure! For the day will come that Dominicus shall abandon us, what then shall happen to us?”

Slowly, with a faint rustle of his woolen robe, the dark achadhiel sank to his knees before the female halfling and took her hands within his. “Confess you sins, little sister. Go back to the Light of the One Church. Open your heart and lift your hands up and glorify the Name of the Lord, for surely, He shall walk with you and you will never be alone. For I hear the Lord God, Dominicus, our Father, whispering unto you: **Cast your burdens upon me, those who are heavily laden. Come to me all of you who are tired of carrying heavy loads. For the yoke I will give you is easy, and My burden is light. Come to Me and I will give you rest.”

The fanatic monk then lifted his weathered face heavenward and mouthed a silent prayer, his hands still clasping hers, waiting for her and the crowds to pray with him and confess their sins right then and there.
[hr][/hr]
* Matthew 25:40
* Taken from the song, Lift up your hands.
Last edited by Tyrone on Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abbott
Mod Trainee

Post by Abbott »

As Tyrone questioned them, the people around him stepped back or averted their eyes, embarrassed of their answers. Many of them had done nothing to deserve what they wanted. The less than desirable condition of their much loved city could be partially contributed to their own actions. This realization was uncomfortable to swallow.

A man of rugged appearance was the first to break from the line and join Tyrone in his prayers. His broad, sun-kissed shoulders flexed mightily as he clasped his large hands together and fell to his knees. Secondly another man, this one dressed the part of the wealthy merchant, joined the supplication. He approached slowly with an unsure step, but he lowered himself to his knees just as the farmer had done before him. Members of the crowd looked on with wide eyes. Some of them appeared nervous to join. Others looked as though they felt inconvenienced by the whole situation but still felt some responsibility to at least observe the display of faith. Others still had begun to filter in through the now cleared gate either uninterested in the proceedings or too busy to take interest.

Cedric Grimes had just returned to his work and was eying Tyrone cautiously. He didn't like scenes, but he couldn't rightly argue with the monk's message.

With the approach of the two men, the little halfling was now sobbing openly. Scared and confused, she fell to the ground more out of fear than pious respect. "Just make is stop," she cried loudly. "Just tell me what I can do ta make these feelings go away."

Her defiant will was obviously quite broken.
Last edited by Abbott on Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~AbboTT
Tyrone
The Jackal

Post by Tyrone »

And his heart was glad when two came and prayed with him.

"Your faith becomes you, my brethren." He reached out his callused hands and took both their hands, trying to lift them up to the heavenly dome as they all knelt before the glory of the One God. "Surely, your burden shall be the burden of Dominicus and He shall look favorably towards His repentant children. For thus says the Lord: Blessed are those who are meek and those who are suffering through the name of the Lord Dominicus, they all shall inherit the Kingdom of Heaven. Bow your heads, my brethren to receive the glory of the One God." With practice ease, he lifted himself up, his robes whispering under the Jygust sun and laying both his hands upon the head of the two penitent believer, he lifted his face once more towards the heavenly dome.

Fervently, with utmost zeal and passion, he called forth for the glory of Dominicus, asking for His blessing upon His two devout worshiper, that even under the hot sun, they stopped and proclaimed the greatness of the Lord. "Lord God," He prayed with all his heart and soul. "We ask you to receive us and be pleased with the sacrifice we offer you with humble and contrite hearts!" Looking down once more, his hands still upon the heads of the two. "My brothers, pray that our sacrifice may be acceptable to God, the almighty Father Dominicus. May the Lord accept the sacrifice at your hands, for the praise and glory of His name, for our good, and the good of the One Church."

But anger overcame him when he looked at those people passing by and entering the Holy Gates of King's Court, not caring that their salvation was within inches reach. With clenched fist and wrathful gray eyes, he turned to look at them pass, his tattered and dusty robe of the Purificatio moving with the wind. He would memorize the faces of these unbelievers, these heathens and pagans who dared to enter the Kingdom of Dominicus and they all shall burn in the Holy Redemption of the One. Yes, the Reign of Dominicus was upon them now.

"Weep for the unbelievers;" He cried out, lifting both his hands heavenward, watching those people entering the gates with no thoughts of their salvation at hand. "Weep for those who depart hence without the illumination! They indeed deserve our wailing, they deserve our groans; they will be outside the Kingdom of God with the heathens, the pagans, the harlots, the condemned and surely, the Lord shall cast them away like sands in the wind and burn them in the lowest pit of the Nether Hell. Let us weep for these, not one day, or two, but all our lives!" He would have liked to stone them right then and there, but the weeping plight of the female halfling tore at his heart and turning to face the woman, he took pity on her.

"It will never go away, my sister!" Yes, for women were capricious and iniquities cling to them like leeches that could never be removed. "Your sins will forever be etched upon ye, women of Tazlure. You must, my sister, from henceforth, guard your heart against sinful ways, confess your sin every flicker of moment, for the Nether calls upon ye, women of Tazlure, for every flicker of the mark, calling upon you to do its bidding, trying to beckon you until you burn in the Netheric pit of hell." Pulling the weeping halfling woman up, he laid a divine geas upon her:

"Go, my sister and weep no more!" He pointed to the distant north were T'aquar was located, the sun gleaming down at his silvery hair. "Go, and proclaim the good news of the Lord to the heathens and pagans. Do this in the name of the Lord, for, for every soul you commit to the Heavenly Father Dominicus, the nearer you are to the Kingdom of the One God. Go, my sister and call forth the sinners and use whatever it is necessary to bring them back to the hands of God, for until then, your sins shall burn you in the Nethery Hell."
[size=75]Avatar from:[url=http://artofphilwohr.blogspot.com/2007/08/redmist-castle-work.html]Phil Wohr[/url]
[hr][/hr]
[hr][/hr]
Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Ashari »

The halfling shivered in supplication to Tyrone's words as he placed his hands on the heads of the sinners who knelt before him. She wailed as he announced she would be forever marred by her previous transgressions, but the fear within her breast didn't allow her to flee from him, or his strong gaze. Her large wet eyes looked between him and his tattered robes - fearing the depth of his penetrating eyes and thus avoiding their meeting.

Prayers began to rise around the traveling jackal, and as their harmony gave to the glory of Dominicus Tyrone could feel the shimmering reality of their piety. The world shifted, twirled and filled with bright light with the chanting of the crowd. There were those who passed through the gates, but anyone with any sense knew to show their favor to the One God, and by their strength the power of the One flowed through Tyrone's body.

A buzzing filled the air around his ears, and his knees grew weak from the sudden onslaught of the voice, something which he'd grown rather used to as it filled him, though it was only for him to understand. "Forgive me, Father," the halfling begged - if only to avoid a lynching. "Please! Please! Forgive me, for I have sinned.. I've drank, and I've lied, and I've stolen..." she'd paid her allegiance to Pecunia until this moment, and likely would beyond it, but right now, she feared for her life at the hands of this growing mob.

"Sinner! Cast out the infidel!"

Somewhere someone called out an "Amen!" while others announced words of freedom and necessity as they drew in closer to the emaciated dark achadhiel who offered the salvation of their souls with only the price of their acceptance.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Tyrone
The Jackal

Post by Tyrone »

He twitched for just a flicker of a moment, but it would be enough to confirm the attack of epilepsy. For the men and women of science and medicine in the Colleges and Universities of World's Mouth, the symptoms could be clearly seen and diagnosed, but for the abbots of his cloistered monastery, a religious and fanatic order of the Prodessean Church, his ailment was a sure sign and possession of the Holy Ghost of the One.

Not really understanding it, another spasm of convulsion went through his body as if Tyrone was being shaken by a mighty hand. It had happened to him before, it was a familiar feeling and he had grown accustomed to it, knowing that the Voice of the Lord would take possession of him now and work miraculous things through him. But today, something went different, not only could he feel the Voice of Dominicus seizing and shaking him, he could actually see the Holy Ghost of the One God.

*Seized by a sudden rapture, the Jackal cast his eyes heavenward and he saw the the very Gates of Heaven opening. The clouds parted to reveal a sudden bright, golden light and a flock of doves flew out from the Gates of Heaven and descended upon them and hovered over them with a flutter of their feathery wings. Each dove only had one large, unblinking eye and they all stared at Tyrone with wrathful look, perhaps, waiting for him to do... something. Filled with the power of the Dominicus, another slight seizure went through him, his left eye twitched as he watched the doves flew above them and around them, the Gates of Heaven still opened, bathing him with a golden beam of light.

"For to His angels He’s given a command," Tyrone cried out loud, awed by the vision which filled him, his eyes following the doves fluttering around them with profound fanatic zeal. "To guard you in all of your ways. Upon their hands they will bear you up, lest you dash your foot against a stone."

Raising his hand, the Jackal summoned for one of the One-Eyed Dove filled with holy wrath and fanaticism and waited for it to perch upon his outstretched hand. Looking down at the small halfling, he lifted her face and looked down upon her with wrathful eyes, a purposeful smile upon his gaunt, harsh dark achadhiel face. Dominicus was the only One God and all must worship Him even if their hearts be forced.

"Dominicus has accepted your worship, Sister." The Jackal sibilantly whispered, his voice cruel. "With His love, he has forgiven your sins and from henceforth, your heart belongs to Him. Sin no more, my little sister of the One." With that, he placed the One-Eyed dove upon the shoulder of the halfling, letting the bird peck through her head and to her brain and into her heart, trying to fill her heart with devout wrath fanaticism and zeal for the Only One God.

All MUST worship the One God! Convert their hearts by force if need be! Tyrone whispered to the doves, forcing that doctrine to each and everyone of the doves, that whomsoever was filled by the bird, would be filled with such conviction. Hate the Adhiels, the Pagans, the Sinners and the Heathens!

With the faith of the crowd filling him, another sporadic spasm shuddered through him, the Jackal lifted both his hands towards the multitudes of wrathful doves and summoned all of them to descend upon the crowd, letting them perch on each of their shoulders and converting them to the holy fanaticism and wrathful faith against the heathens, pagans, sinners, harlots and adhiels alike.

"The redemption of the Tazlure is upon us!" He ululated out loud before a profound spasm filled him as he jerked and twitched, the flock of doves flapping their feathery wings around him.
Last edited by Tyrone on Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

The birds swirled around him in a cyclone that blocked out the sun except in the very center, where a giant circle of heavenly blue sky was showing, a perfect ring. Doing as commanded, a dove turned wing and lighted on his outstretched arm. To the crowd it appeared he was beckoning forth the power of the One, drawing him down to the ground where he could pass it onto the halfling.

Her body shuddered as he touched her shoulder, and she gave over to a great wailing. A chorus of voiced joined in Tyrone's zeal, until the word of Cedric ripped through them. "Alright! Alright, this is a gate not a church. We will have order - One be blessed," he concluded, and while Tyrone shook, the larger of the two men before him took hold of his body.

"Father, have my support," he begged, and assisted the dark achadhiel upward. Cedric waved them through the newly reopened gate, the farmer holding fast to the pious monk. Already, the spasms were fading, and the world was returning to it's pale simplicity. It wasn't the saturated and high contrasted vision of his seizure, and everything seemed flat as the birds drifted into the clouds and melted into them. "Where are you going?" He asked him - ever ready to help.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Tyrone
The Jackal

Post by Tyrone »

He watched the doves fade into the clouds, elated by the sight of them and what he had seen, silently glorifying the wonders of the Lord Almighty Dominicus and with their fading, the world righted and his spasms faded into small shakes and gradually died away. Feeling tired and weary, the Jackal let himself be supported as he tried to catch his breath. "Thank you, brother." Tyrone murmured, his breathing ragged and after a few flickers, he straightened and stepped back from the support of the farmer. "I go unto my Father, my brother. I go to the Basilica Dominici."

He took a last look at the clouds, hoping to see the angels of the Lord once more and seeing none, he breathed deeply and slowly pulled his hood over his dark achadhiel head and turned once more to the crowd, his face filled with profound pious fervor. "I am alright now, my brothers. I have seen the angels of the Lord coming down from the heaven to bless us. Surely, it is an answer that Dominicus has heard your prayers and accepted your repentance."

Standing over them like a wraith, he gave all of them a benediction when they start to enter the gates, raising his both his hands and gestured a circling motion over them, specially to the halfling, and declared: "Go now my brothers and sister and sin no more, and let us, with Dominicus in our hearts, spread the word of salvation not only inside the holy City of Kings Court, but everywhere. I bless you all in the name of Dominicus, the One God and the Holy Dove, Amen." With that, he turned and with a siwlr of his tattered robe, he stepped across the threshold of the gates and entered the city, full of faith and devotion, glorifying the name of the One God and hating the iniquities of his dark heritage.
[hr][/hr]
ooc: I do believe we're done with this thread.
[hr][/hr]
[hr][/hr]
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

SKILLS:
Tyrone
NEW SKILL! Public Speaking: Basic
NEW SKILL! Convert: Basic
Last edited by Ashari on Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “KC Archive”