The Sun shines upon the dawn of recollection -TT 31st- Open

The glorious Summer City upon the white cliffs of the magical Mer de la Luna in the Western Kingdom that harbours many nobles. Home to the Summer Palace of the former King as well as vineyards that produce the city's famous wines. Anything is possible here, if you are willing to bring the right sacrifices.

Moderators: Ashari, Haikan

Callara
Civus

The Sun shines upon the dawn of recollection -TT 31st- Open

Post by Callara »

OOC: Making a few assumptions based on our IRC chat, correct me if I'm wrong please.

Near the Golden Gates of Roque
Jygust 31st - Tradetide

After her talk higher up on the cliffs, Callara intended to descend further down the path. The strange talking light that seemed to linger around her might show the way, like a bright beacon guiding her in a perpetual gravetide. She imagined she could see more of the world. A shimmering visage of aura and life, interupted by dark, dead stone, roads and walls large slabs of black in a sea of brightly colored auras of animals, people and even plantlife. It was a lot to take in and more often than not still did the vibrant colors make way for nothing but a sea of darkness. She was still weak.

The only constant in this story, in this experience, was Sun. It appeared to her bright and unwavering as it guided her towards her intended goal; the city of Roque. She had felt the need to get out of Ushuaia's house. She somehow knew it was not her home, and with the appearance of Sun and some more time meditating on her current predicament, she had come to a simple conclusion;

"I need to go home."

Callara did not know Sun's purpose, and when it had come at her had she just gazed upon it in awe and wonder. But what with Ushuaia's tales the impact of the magickal being showing up was lessened and she deduced it's usefulness rather swiftly. Scrambling down the path, away from Ushuaia's house, donned once more in her bloodied dark clothing. She would try to find her way home. She looked up to Sun and found a single question:

"Can you take me there?"
Last edited by Callara on Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You underestimate the Power of the Dark Side" - Darth Vader

Callara's Compendium

Avatar drawn and edited by me, tweaked by QC.
Haikan
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Haikan »

"Home!!! Homehomehome! Finefine I shall takeyou there Clara! Comefollow!" Energetically the Sun buzzed around her and blurted out her words that only she could hear with presto speed.

The Sun was leading Callara inside the Gilded Gates, and she could see two forms of light that looked like clerks at a desk as she entered. Blue and Yellow mixed together to form these clerks, and there was a bit of orange smattered on the three armed guards that were pacing about. None of them seemed to pay much heed to Callara, save one of the clerks, who was waving her over to him. She could see his movement with vivid bright auras and as he waved his arms they had blue trails of blur behind them.

The trees and animals and people were all visible to Callara at this point if she focused on 'seeing.' When the Sun was around, it was a bit easier to see through the "heaven's eyes." But regardless, all sorts of plantlife and animals could be seen at this point, in the form of technicolour auras.

"Comecome! But Clara!! You seem sad! No sad nosad! Something's wrong. Clara, whatisit? You cantellme!"

One of the clerks called out to Callara. "Hey lady, you gotta sign into the city!" He realized he was shouting and he toned his voice down a bit, as she was now standing about five meters away from him. "Would you please state your name, occupation, and reason for entering the city?"
Last edited by Haikan on Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Callara
Civus

Post by Callara »

Callara was both happy and sad to have found Sun again. Happy that this little creature of light apparently was friendly and very eager to help. Sad that she could not remember where she had met it or how they had gotten to be friends. From all Ushuaia had told her, she had not expected to have many friends, let alone magickal ones that could fly and show up to blind people.

Regardless, she felt that she could trust the little critter. Not that she had much choice, there was no one else around to put her faith into. Ushuaia seemed a bit dubious a choice. He was mortal, a teacher. A powerful magick user she was sure. She figured he must be ok if he had let her live, but something told her there was more to him than...Another feeling of sadness swept over her.

I don't know. I don't remember much. I feel alone. That makes me sad.

There were other reasons to brighten up however. Apparently her blindness wasn't complete, as she could see parts of the world rather clearly. Though interpreting the auras was beyond her at this point, she could see them which was plenty for her. A mixture of vivid changing color and the steady pulsing throb of blood amidst it all, rushing through the physical forms of the living. She felt drawn to it, drawn to it's power. She could not help but wonder if the blood spirit Ushuaia had spoken of was real. Was it still inside her? What had it done to her? All she knew is that her eyes, no...her mind, showed her this version of the Tether. And the attraction to the power of the scarlet gold was unmistakable.

Her attention was diverted by the clerk who had apparently risen from his desk and now called her over. His questions puzzled her as she approached. She had few answers. At least not the ones he needed. Most of the people she had met up until now...she had met two...seemed pretty understanding of her plight and her magickal abilities. But Ushuaia had told her she had killed, and by all accounts she had not missed the tone in his voice when he said it;

Killing was bad.

Wasn't it?

She wasn't sure. Ushuaia had seemed rather convinced of it. Something inside her begged to differ.

As such she approached the gates and the clerk in question, her mind racing to puzzle together the scraps of her dislodged memories. She looked at the clerk. Or rather, her face was pointed in his direction, the bandana covering her eyes, the hood draped over her shoulders. Her dark hair was ruffled and messed up. Her clothes were dirty and she hadn't eaten properly in a while. She could so do with a bath...As she pondered her plans for the near future she absorbed the wide array of colors this man seemed to project. It was amazing to see the world through these eyes. Her memories, the ones she had, didn't look anything like this. She just stood there for a few flickers before the nature of his questions and the fact she would probably appear to be staring struck her and she managed a response...

"I am Callara. And I...live in this city?..." The question/answer was directed to Sun aswell, to whom she glanced as the words came out of her mouth. "I guess living here is a good reason to want to enter...right?"

Callara's Compendium

Haikan

Post by Haikan »

"Well er... I don't think that's enough information." The clerk said. His associate however tapped him on the shoulder. It was unclear what he was doing, for Callara's vision was not that detailed, but they turned to face each other.

"Dude... She's blind, and I think she's sick. Just let her through. Her name is in here, she works in town. What she does I don't exactly know but it's in here, see?" He said and the other guard leaned over away from Callara for a few flickers.

"Oh, you're right. Very well then, carry on miss. Is there, anything we can do to help you out?"

"Luca, we can't leave our post!" The other guard whispered.

"But I feel bad for her." He whispered back.

Normally these musings would be inaudible, but since her blindness, Callara has become able to hear much better and it was quiet obvious what was being said.

"Just let her go, she got down here fine, she'll get to where she needs to go."

"Alright." He turned back to Callara and loudly continued. "You may proceed. I would like to suggest visiting a temple of the One God Dominicus to see if you could get yourself healed by His Grace. Take care now."

And he waved her on.
Callara
Civus

Post by Callara »

Callara didn't think much of it. Apparently she was someone to be felt sorry for. Was it not normal for people to see when they were blind? Apparently not. Maybe she was special. Her magick must have something to do with it. That would also explain why the men didn't pay any attention to Sun, while the little wisp like creature was right there for any to see.

She passed the men, not bothering too much of their concerns for her well being. The world was still largely dark to her, but people she could see, feel even. And since there were many around her, she thought to get a pretty good idea of what the place looked like. After walking a few paces she stopped and focused, listening to the sounds of the city, sensing and seeing the people around her, going about their business in buildings and on the streets. She didn't know how far this perception of her reached, so she tried to see what the extent of her ability was. How much of the city could she perceive without eyes? How many people could she sense without being near them? She was still getting used to all this.

At that flicker she thought about forgetting to ask Ushuaia what exactly her talents were, aside from apparently being able to see in the "dark". The blood thing she got, she felt it all around her, throbbing in the veins of the living, pulsing through herself like a red river of energy. She was still uncertain what good it did her. Maybe she should go back to ask?

No...not now.

Just take me home, please?

Callara's Compendium

Haikan

Post by Haikan »

Callara continued to walk, and as she strained to see as much as she could, the entire street of people became visible to her. The light was somewhat overwhelming, and the auras blurred onto one another, making it confusing and difficult to discern what everybody was doing. She was still at a disadvantage, but at least she could see around her. Depth perception however, was something she lacked greatly. When she looked around, she could see bodies leaning out windows, and birds flying overhead. A cat sat in front of her and darted into an alleyway. There was a lot going on. A bit too much to handle for her recovering mind. It tickled her brain a little, and a shiver went up her spine as she tuned so deeply in with the aether. Taking it down a bit, would be a good idea.

Home! Homehome! Straight homeforyou? Sun asked, they were nearing the Bazaar, and Callara witnessed a wild palette of colors, scents, sounds and feelings swirling around the busy marketplace. This place is so fun! Funfunfun! Said the buzzing Sun. Home is this way! This way! And Sun guided Callara through the Bazaar, weaving through a large crowd of people, going about their own business.
Callara
Civus

Post by Callara »

The experience of all the life around her was confusing. She felt dizzy and decided to tone down her efforts to see further. Close by would do for now. Especially in the Bazaar which was a swirling mass of blood and auras melding together, she needed all her attention to distinguish individual patterns in order to avoid collisions.

Sun ofcourse helped as she followed the darting little thing through the crowd. Even though she could see to some extent, unliving objects still frightened her. Or rather; the thought of colliding with a cart or a wall which she could not see. She trusted Sun to guide her around such things, but still she walked carefully, slowly. It was still a disturbing notion that she might make it across the square without falling over and she had to contain herself to not hold out her arms in front of her to feel her way forward.

If only she had a walking stick of sorts. Her hands felt kind of...lost...

Ofcourse she did have one. It was probably still at the Arena. Something Callara didn't remember still.

Callara's Compendium

Haikan

Post by Haikan »

Callara's walk was of course filled with the paranoia of stumbling blocks, but Sun did a good job of leading her where she needed to go. She was about halfway through the Bazaar when an impact struck her from the right side. A large form of a man unapologetically bumped into her with a good deal of force, as if he was hustling quickly perpendicular to her route. His form was red, deep red and there was a sort of urgency about him.

"Get lost, lady!" He said, and he attempted to shove her to the side and continue walking. There was something negative in his intentions, as if he'd just done something that he was nervous about, something he shouldn't have done. Purple fear mixed with red anger and purpose in his form, and he was roughly a foot taller than Callara, with a bit more girth to him.

Meanman meanman, ignore him wegohomenow! Sun buzzed about excitedly, trying to lead her away from the grouchy individual.
Callara
Civus

Post by Callara »

Callara was very pleased with the progress she was making so far. She hadn't bumped into any lifeless objects and so far things were looking up when...

THUD!

She could not help but stagger a few paces to the side upon collision with the bulky shape that apparently belonged to a fairly large fellow. She was about to apologize to the man for getting in his way, not having noticed him coming. Had she been able to see, she would have undoubtedly been able to avoid walking into him.

But then she noticed the color of his aura.
She sensed something was off.

Callara could not be certain what it was, she had forgotten how to interpret the different shades of people's auras, but this particular guy gave her the creeps. A sudden flare of fear came over her as she wished the guy had never bumped into her. She sensed something she couldn't place, a feeling of intent that made her wonder if this had anything to do with what had happened that made her lose her memories in the first place.

Sun was darting around, urging her to follow. At that moment she scrambled to her feet again.

"Sorry."

She muttered the apology with her voice, but her mind screamed;

DANGER, DANGER, RED ALERT, RED ALERT!

She wanted to put as much space between herself and this man within as little time as possible. Fear had clamped itself around the vestiges of her crumbled mind once more, which made her think nothing other than; "Go away, get away from me, leave me alone."

Callara's Compendium

Haikan

Post by Haikan »

As Callara's mind began to panick, her 'vision' became hazy and red. Soon she could see none of the auras around her except for this man's, which was now nothing but bloody red. Get away! A voice echoed in her head. It was unclear if this was just her thoughts reverberating in her mind, or an outside influence, but regardless, fear took over her. The only sound she could hear, was the beating of her heart. Or was it someone else's heartbeat? Whatever it was, it was loud and clear in her ears, blotting every other sound out. Thump-thub, thump-thub, thump-thub, thump-thub....

Red, deeper, deeper red. The man clutched his head and his blood red silouhette fell backwards away from Callara. Her 'vision' slowly returned as he lay there, and his aura turned from blood red, back to red, to purple and then to gray. There were no obvious thoughts coming from him. People began to crowd around- there auras now visible to Callara-, and a little girl screamed. "Eeeeeek!"

Her heart rate returned to normal, and gradually the silence crescendoed into the normal bustle of the Bazaar. Meat was sizzling, kids were laughing, merchants were talking, birds were chirping and feet were walking. It was normal again. Her fear subsided. A quiet snore could be heard from the man on the ground. He was knocked unconscious and sleeping like a log, sprawled out on the ground.

"Over there!" Shouted an authoritative voice and several auras of a similar shade to what this man originally was - minus the purple fear - approached. "Sieze him, he's going to rot in prison for what he's done." Two of these now recognizable Roques as enforcers of the law manacled the man as he lay on the ground, and the leader of them turned to Callara. "Whatever that paganism was, we won't report you... You have my deepest thanks. This serial murderer had been dodging the authorities for many tendays, and wth your help we have finally apprehended him. You are a hero, and have saved many lives today." And with that he bowed to her, his aura showing a pink of contentment and pleasure.
Callara
Civus

Post by Callara »

Callara could do nothing but stand in amazement as the guy toppled over backwards. Her vision shifted back and forth, her ears filled with the sound of a heart beat. And next thing she knew the man was being hauled off by the city guard and she was being both accused of paganism and hailed as a hero.

"What the Nether just happened?"

It took her a good burn or two to shake the strange feeling she had about the whole thing. She had no idea what she did or how she did it. She had no idea what it had looked like from the outside nor had she seen anything happen herself save the swift changing of aura color around the man's body. Ushuaia had called her an accomplished mindcrafter. So was that what she did? Was that how she had killed and how she had ended up with her own mind in pieces? Had she fought someone with her mind by just thinking he should die and he did? Had he done the same and failed? Was she truly the kind of person that could be capable of such things?

A flash of a memory passed before her eyes, then another. From long ago. Pieces of sound and images mostly of people shouting at her for breaking stuff, being accused of witchcraft, being called a demon.

She had always done this. She had been born with this...affliction. And now it had caused her to strike down someone. Not kill, just strike down. But she had done it all together. "All he did was bump into me...and I nearly killed him. I could have hurt him or taken his life for just walking into me." Ushuaia had said she was powerful. He had called her a...feared soul.

"I did this by accident..."

She started walking again, following Sun in a haze of confusion.

"If I had had my memories...I think...I would have done it on purpose..."

She muttered to herself as she walked further.

"I would have killed that man, for walking into me..."

It was a lot to take in at once. Hearing it being said by someone else wasn't quite the same as experiencing it, deducing it from actions and events experienced directly.

"He would have died...and I...I think I wouldn't have cared..."

Her brain was wracked with feelings. Guilt and confusion flooded her mind as tears tried to come which had no way of expressing themselves, her tear ducts scorched shut.

Callara's Compendium

Haikan

Post by Haikan »

"What is your name? We wish to honor you, as our heroine of justice!" Boldly stated the man on his knees in front of her. His aura was pink and blue and genuine. "Many will praise your name, and families will love you, and declare you a heroine of justice for their lost ones!" He dramatically spoke, giving a bow and then rising to his feet. "Again, my men and I thank you miss, for making the streets of Roque safe."

Don'tbesohardonyourself Clara! You can always change, aslongasyouwantto! The Sun chimed, obnoxiously cheerful as Callara cried- or tried to.

Justwantit youcanbegood! Goodgoodgood! Youdon'thavetodoanythingyoudon'twantto! But! Butbut Whateveryoudo I'llfollow happily!

This statement might have been ironic, since Sun was the one leading, but it amusingly buzzed around her, this time it would be warning her of obstacles. Bighighstep thereisaball! Lookout cartbesideyou! It was ready to lead her through, and draw her closer to what Sun knew to be Callara's home.
Last edited by Haikan on Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Callara
Civus

Post by Callara »

Callara did not hear half of what was being said to her, both by ear and by mind. She ignored the questions of the man in front of her and just passed him by. Sun telling her she could be good didn't help either.

"Can I be good? What is good?"

Another flash of memory...a group of kids picking on her.

"Isn't good what you want it to be? Isn't good taking care of yourself? Did I take care of myself? Did I make the right choices?" She walked slowly, following the directions she was given.

"If I was good, would I have ended up here? My parents didn't think I was good. They sent me here..." It occured to her she had just remembered being sent here. "They sent me here because they thought I was trouble. It must be. Was that good of them? Did they truly love me? Would they not have kept me close if they did?"

She was a girl. A woman in age but a girl by heart and mind. A girl who had been given a gift. A girl who had accepted an offer.

Not an offer of redemption.
But an offer of destruction.

An offer she still did not recall.

"I am not a hero. It was a mistake." She mumbled the words as she walked further away from the scene.

"It was a MISTAKE!"

"...I'm...sorry..."

Callara's Compendium

Haikan

Post by Haikan »

'Good' for all practical purposes is commonly believed to be the upholding of the benevolent altruistic sacrifice for the common man. To some, walking an old lady across the street is good. To others, going to work on time is good. As far as the spirit in Callara -that she at this point did not know- was concerned, good is the upholding of the benevolent sacrifice for gain of oneself. If someone picks on you, killing them is good. If someone fails you, killing them is good. It was up to Callara whether or not to agree with this. As she walked away from the scene of the rescue, her vision began to grow hazy. You failed to kill him, Callara.

This voice was not Sun. This voice sounded mean, sadistic. It was the bloodspirit tugging at her mind. Nagging her to remember. It could care less whether she remembered the embrace of her father or mother, but it wanted her to remember the lust for destruction.

Clara! Youokayyoucoming? Said the Sun, in it's typical happy voice. Callara could still walk if she wanted to continue to follow the Sun. They were almost at the palace.

Comecomecome Clara!
Callara
Civus

Post by Callara »

You failed to kill him, Callara. The voice sounded mean, it sounded sadistic. It also sounded like her own voice, resounding in her head.

"I failed to kill him...Should I have killed him? I should have killed him. He got in my way, ran me down. Me! ME!" She paced along slowly, following Sun's haze more so than walking after it directly. Words left her mouth at random intervals as she tried to make sense of yet another new addition to the chaos that made up her mindset. The spirit within was working it's way to the forefront of her brain again. The brain that was becoming as much the spirits as it had been her own. She heard it's voice as her own, it's thoughts as her own.

"I failed to kill him...I should have killed him. I WILL kill him...
Yes. it must be done.
And all of them with it.
But...they thanked me. I helped them.
They think I am a freak, they screamed at me, called me a pagan.
They must all die.
No, they were friendly, they let me in.
They think I'm pathetic, called me pitiful.
But they thanked me."

Every few steps was paired with more words, seeking their way out into the Tether to make sense of everything that was happening around her. She needed to construct proper reasoning, but failed. As such she sought to drag herself back to the Summer Palace, ignoring much of what happened around her.

Callara's Compendium

Haikan

Post by Haikan »

Clara youdidgood! Sun said. It really wasn't concerned whether she killed him or not. It just wanted her to be happy. Nosad Clara nosad! Behappy! It said, and it continued to lead her through. Every now and then her foot would catch a rock, or she would bump a cart, as she was not closely watching her guide, but she mostly made it without much consequence.

The Summer Palace was a much smaller affair than the Royal Palace in Kings Court and did not resemble it in the least. Instead of a fortress it was a building full with glass and light, with big terrace doors opening to the wonderful palace gardens that ended in the d'Avennes at the back, and a nice wide veranda on the front, overlooking the white cliffs that Roque d'Ancourt was so famous for. The building was created out of sandstone, and it had coloured darker at the edges and into the curves, some of the sculptures getting a sinister effect in the dark.

It was a tad larger than a manor house, with two large wings on either side, and yet it could almost pass as the house of a minor noble if it were not for the details on the sculptures, the excessive glass work and the very, very nice location which in itself must be very expensive. There was a large iron gate on a path of gravel that took the travellers up and past the cliffs before approaching the house.

We'rehere Clara we'rehere! Sun buzzed around her happily, as the palace grandly stood before her. The silouhette of the Palace could be seen with her aethervision if she focused, but when she focused on seeing nonliving things, the living beings became harder to notice. It seemed to almost be an interchangable form of aethervision.
Last edited by Haikan on Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Callara
Civus

Post by Callara »

Callara looked up at Sun and the palace as they arrived at the gates. She did not know where here was, only that she had walked through city and something like a garden to get here. It smelled of a garden anyway, even with the tangy smell of the Mer wafting in over the cliffs which sounded eerily close again.

She tried to perceive where she was but all she saw was hazes and shapes. Sun was still clear though so she continued to follow it past the guards at the gate. She felt tired, even though the day was far from over. It seemed as if she had walked a thousand leagues on no food or water, realizing then that she had had nothing to eat or drink after the tea she had been given by Ushuaia. She suddenly felt very hungry, very dirty and very tired all at the same time. Also...a trip to a bathroom on another count wouldn't hurt either.

"So...how is that going to work...being blind..." A rather practical concern could not help but worm it's way to the surface as she neared her destination.

"Guess I'll have to wing it..."

Callara's Compendium

Haikan

Post by Haikan »

The Sun led her toward the gates and the guards did not seem to give her much troube. The truth behind it was, they in actuality did not recognize her, they merely did not see her as a threat.

"Lady, do you need help?" One of the guards offered. He was new on the job, and his aura lacked the resolve and strength that most had. His was blue and purple, filled with fear and excitement. There was also the gray of boredom tinging his outline. "Do you have some sort of business here?"

A flock of birds was flying overhead. One of them had a particularly drawing aura. Pith

Something wet landed on Callara's foot.
Callara
Civus

Post by Callara »

"Gods damnit! Not AGAIN!" The first thing to go through her mind as she felt what she felt as the guard adressed her. She could not help wondering where the thought came from, but she sure knew she resented whatever bird was flying overhead for having done that. Looking up she sought the wrongdo'er and felt the strong urge to squeeze it's little heart to a bloody pulp, reaching out with a single hand, making a crushing motion.

All of that happened in a matter of flickers before her thoughts focussed back to the guard at the gate. Her gaze flicked to Sun who seemed to indicate this was her house and then back to the guy. "I...live here. I am Callara." It seemed to fit. "I...could do with some help."

Callara's Compendium

Haikan

Post by Haikan »

"Sowwy about that ma'am." A little boy said as he stood in front of her, only up to her knee. He was less than noticable until he actually spoke, which drew attention to him. "I dwopped my mamas egg. Now she's going to yell at me." His aura was blue and purple and he sounded on the verge of crying. The guard looked at the kid and his aura turned pinkish with sympathy.

"Do you live here too, little boy?"

"Yes my name is Wonny." He said his name with a child's accent, lacking the ability to craft the "R" sound with his young mouth. "My mommy is inside, and she was waiting for me to bring her these eggs so she could make me bweakfast."

"This late in the day? Well, hey could you help this lady inside while you're at it, I can't exactly leave my post, and she needs some help." And the boy's voice brightened up as he said this, realizing that his mamma would have to believe him if she saw the egg-stained shoe herself.

"Of couwse, it's the weast I can do since I wuined heu shoe." He looked up at her and he smiled, turning pink around the edges. "I'll take you inside, miss Callawwa. My name is Wonny"

"Would you hold my hand?" He asked and he turned orange with inquisitiveness as he looked over her shoulder. "Who's youw shiny wound fwiend oveu theue" And he pointed at Sun as they walked away from the guards.
Last edited by Haikan on Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Callara
Civus

Post by Callara »

Callara looked at the guard, then at the boy, then back at the guard.

"Am I the only one who finds it a bit weird that this guy doesn't seem to know who the heck lives in the house he is guarding?" The fact that her home had guards, combined with the apparent size and location of the place gave her the impression she was quite well off. Frustration rose on the count of her not recognizing the boy at all. What was even weirder was that he introduced himself to her, meaning he had never met her before, yet they lived in the same house.

She refused to take his hand as such and blankly stared at him for a few flickers (had her eyes been able to provide a blank stare they would have, now her head was just turned in his direction, the red bandana covering her eyes as they had), then turned to the guard again. "So let me get this straight...You stand watch over this place but you have no clue who lives here." Then back at the boy. "And you say you live here same as me, but you have never met me?" Paranoia kicked in again. Something was not right. Either they were at the wrong house or these people were seriously disturbed. Or both. She ignored the question from the boy entirely, willing Sun closer to her as she spoke to the little wisp in thought.

"What is going on? Do you know these people?"

Part of her felt the sudden urge to kill and retreat. Part of her just wanted to retreat without killing.

The latter part was losing.
Last edited by Callara on Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Callara's Compendium

Haikan

Post by Haikan »

"Well, er-" The guard blushed, and he laughed nervously. "Ya see, it's my first day on the job, I really don't know anything yet. Hahaha" He was humiliated by her asking this, but he was also bitter because she'd bitten his hand after he'd helped her by letting her pass. Ungrateful.

I know him. The Sun had only one thing to say about the boy, and it didn't sound quite as speedy and unintelligible as it normally was, though it still blurred through it's words at a rather quick pace, buzzing around the child and returning to Callara. This boy is all alone, like you are. And it sounded serious, sympathetic. It was leading her further into the house, past the guard, and the boy followed. He started to sob, but he kept it to himself, so it was merely a sniffle here and there.
Last edited by Haikan on Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Callara
Civus

Post by Callara »

Callara didn't know what to believe anymore. The child referred to it's mother, while Sun claimed it to be all alone. Also, where had it come from? Apparently she was capable of "seeing" blood for miles around, sensing it beyond stone and wood, even space. Yet this child had appeared out of nowhere, without the guards noticing it either before it dropped an egg on her foot she apparently sensed through the leather of the boots she wore.

Her senses were playing with her. They could not be trusted. That was the only logical explanation. Perhaps she was delusional. Perhaps she was still fast asleep on the cot in Ushuaia's house. Perhaps she had never been there in the first place. Her mind was feeding her bits and pieces of information which did not add up, and the more she tried to make sense of things, the less she actually managed to do so.

"No."

She turned around, away from the house. Away from Sun and the little boy. Away from the guards. She was not going to play along anymore. No one could be trusted. Not even herself. Whatever had happened to her had caused her mind to become thoroughly messed up and what she saw, heard, smelled and touched could not be confirmed. There was no way for her to test what was real and what was not, since she did not recall what "real" was supposed to look like. For all she knew this entire city and all it's people in it were but figments of her messed up mind and she was a pawn in a game much larger than her.

She started moving away, back down through the d'Avennes. Back down through the gardens to the city. She did not care where she went, as long as it was not here. Did she even go anywhere? her mind told her so, but if she was asleep then none of this was real. How could she test if this was real? What could make her believe?

Callara's Compendium

Haikan

Post by Haikan »

She didn't get very far before Sun tried to nag her into submission. They had gone about a hundred yards while the boy and Sun followed her, the glowing light orb pestering her excitedly. "Clara don'tgo don'tgo! Itellthetruth! He'slying! Playingwithyo-"

"No Sun, I didn't lie. Mother would be mad at me... But she can't be.. 'Cause she." The boy was following Callara as she walked away but he stopped and started to shake. His aura turned red and started to whirl around him like a circular zephyr. "...She's dead, and I.." At that moment all of the eggs on his tray exploded and he glowed even brighter with self-hatred.

"...I killed her..." He stopped following Callara. He dropped the tray and it clattered on the ground. He wasn't crying anymore, he was just panting from his own self loathing, with a mind whirling filled with emotions that no child should have to put up with.

"Go ahead leave, everyone else already has."

Sun just remained in front of Callara, obedient and ready to follow her. Don'tgo! Behappy Clara!
Callara
Civus

Post by Callara »

"Happy?"

She turned around sharply, glaring at the little orb that was Sun.

"Happy?! HAPPY?!!! Do I look like someone who's HAPPY?! Look at me! LOOK AT ME!"

Confusion and bewilderment were quickly replaced by a seething rage which was fueled by her desperation aswell as the spirit which housed within.

"You have it easy, You're a FUCKING SPIRIT! I'm the one with no FUCKING MEMORIES! I don't know who you are, who you are, who they are, where I am. Damnit I barely know who I am, and even that is still being debated!"

Her hands were all over the place, indicating each of those she addressed as she spoke, wheeling around as she spoke of the city. All the frustration she had felt over the passing day, all the fear and uncertainty was spilling out. Her aura was a multitude of colors quickly shifting into one another.

"As for you..." Her voice turned cold as she shifted her attention to the little boy.

"Do I look like someone who gives a SHIT what you think? Do I look like I CARE?! So you killed your mother, well BOO frigging HOO! Cry me a river kid!
So what exactly were you thinking; Oh, look, I killed my mother by wishing she was dead, and oh, let's go visit dear Callara. She will help me out.
Well FUCK THAT!
Let me tell you what the difference is between you and me kid; I kill because I fucking WANT TO! You did so by accident and now you expect ME to help you out?! I have bigger fucking fish to fry, like figuring out WHO THE FUCK I AM! For all I care you drop dead right there, so don't pull the guilt trip on me, or I will gut you where you stand and eat your heart for dinner!"

She was furious. She had been lied to, messed with and pushed around in more ways than she could count. In more ways than she could handle for one day.

"You know what I came to realize during this brief period of time that I have been awake after someone tried to RIP MY BRAIN OUT?! You wanna know? Well, here it is;

I...AM...NOT...A...NICE...PERSON!

So fuck off and leave me alone. And don't let me find you inside my house whenever I feel like going there, because so help me gods, It's a HELL of a way down by the sound of it..."
Last edited by Callara on Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Callara's Compendium

Return to “Roque d'Ancourt”