Confession and Codex - Jy 30th - Super Late TT

Moderators: Maeve, Mods

Anistis
The Tender

Post by Anistis »

Anistis' anger had cooled completely by the time their buddy Clive left. In its place was an uneasiness in the pit of his stomach. Tyrone's submissive reaction to Finch's baddgering was disquieting. What had Tyrone's superiors in the Purificatio told him to make him devalue himself so? It was true that the soul of charity, which the One loved, was to put all others before oneself, but to regard oneself as worthless in the eyes of the One God...

If it is your will, O God, help me to guide Your servant Tyrone out of the dark corners of his mind and into the saving light that only You can provide.

Anistis, who had been absorbed in his thoughts and prayers and staring into the flame consuming the candle's wick, looked up toward Azure, nodding toward the confessional. "I'm sorry; I hope we haven't been keeping you from the sacrament for too long. Tyrone and I should be getting on to our meeting with the Bishop. Look," he continued, "meet with me tomorrow morningtide at the Downs. A trading caravan I am with is leaving for an expedition; we'll be gone about a tenday, but I'm hoping for the opportunity to look-" he cut himself off prematurely, given the presence of so many others in the room.

"Zeynara, Petros, Tyrone, you're of course also welcome. At any rate, Azure, I hope you'll consider it.

Tyrone, perhaps we should be going. If we wait to much longer, it may be considered rude of us to keep Father Marcus and Bishop Lazos waiting."
Last edited by Anistis on Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Petros
Acolyte of the One

Post by Petros »

Although Petros had just arrived in the city he felt somewhat drawn to Anistis and had thought that he would spend the next few days getting to know him and Tyrone a little more. So it was a with a bit of displeasure that Petros learned of Anistis' departure from the city only one day after he had met him.

"I pray that you accomplish your goals for this trip and that you will return to us safely. I look forward to getting to know you when you return. Brother Tyrone I will probably see you soon. I hope that I have not kept either of you from important business I think I will take confession now."

With that Petros got out of the way to let Anistis and Tyrone pass. Once they did so he would enter the confessional.
Azure Stonehand
Civus

Post by Azure Stonehand »

"Of course I will be there for you, Anistis." Azure looked at the confessional and wondered if beating up bandits was a sin. "I'm not sure I need confession. Zeyanara has had a long day," she paused and smiled at her friend. "I'll walk with her back to her place and I'll see if her mother needs anything pressing done. May the One be with all of you." She looked at Anistis, Petros, and then to Tyrone; trying very hard to not be obvious about her curiosity and her pity. She had so many questions for one that clamored in her mind. She nearly lost sight of what she was doing.

"A fair night to all of you." She motioned for Zeyanara to join her in walking away. "Again, may the One be with you. I shall see you again soon!" She called over her shoulder as she allowed Zeyanara to carry her away from the trio.

"Why does the one called Tyrone bother you?" Azure asked in a voice barely above a whisper. "Don't you wonder at such dedication to something?"
Azure Stonehand
AKA Meisha
Tyrone
The Jackal

Post by Tyrone »

He was of complete belief that he had connected with Brother Clive as he saw his profound faith and obedience to the cannon and letters of the One God, Dominicus. With a sad regret, he watched the xenophobic acolyte turned on his heels and left them, completely sure that whatever duty he was attending to, it would surely be for the redemption and the purification of the pagans, heathens and sinners alike. Turning back his attention to the group, Tyrone remained silent as he listened to their conversation.

"You are a man of great faith, Brother Petros," Tyrone murmured to the acolyte before leaving. "I feel the presence of the One within you. Know that we will meet again soon, for surely, 'tis the Will of the Lord that we met today. Go with God, Brother, and pray for the forgiveness, not only of my iniquities, but the sins of Tazlure." Gravely, he bowed to him and then turned to Azure and Zeynara and murmured his farewell as well, giving the two a grave nod, pondering the iniquities and lowliness of women and how the two were a good example of how women fully embrace the doctrines and teachings of the One God, for women were easily tempted to sin and debauchery.

"You speak truly, Brother Anistis, let us meet Bishop Lazos and confer along the way. I have been to his chamber twice so I know the way." With silent steps, he moved forward, his hands clasped together, hidden inside his sleeves and his cowl pulled low.
[hr][/hr]
ooc: Exit stage right to Meeting Bishop Lazos
[size=75]Avatar from:[url=http://artofphilwohr.blogspot.com/2007/08/redmist-castle-work.html]Phil Wohr[/url]
[hr][/hr]
[i][b]"Hate thy neighbours for they hate you even more."[/i][/b]
[hr][/hr]
Posting: Once/week[/size]
Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Ashari »

"Good day to you all," Zeynara said. "And may the One watch your steps." It was a general farewell, but one that was fitting for the company - atleast that's what the young noble lady figured. She took to Azure's side as Petros was directed into one of the booths.

"He looks more like a demon than a priest," Zeynara whispered to Azure in response. Petros heard the faintest bit of it, but now safely inside his confessional he couldn't have figured whether it was Azure or Zeynara who said as much.

Further on their walk, Zeynara turned to her companion. "I.. I don't really want to go home yet. Why don't we go out for a drink or something first... what say you of the Dragon's Den? They've a lovely terrace and tasty pancakes. If mother needed something I'm sure she would've asked."

-=-=-=-

The air inside the confessional was warm, perhaps stifling, and Petros could taste the incense that burned outside of it. A screen protected his face from the priest's vision, but he could hear the older man breathing. There was a heaviness in his lungs that suggested his age, or perhaps illness. It was silent as the priest awaited the young would-be acolyte's confession.

OOC: Azure, you are welcome to continue onto Dragon's Den - Jygust 30th - Eveningtide and can assume Zeynara is with you unless you'd prefer something else! Petros, you stick around for a bit.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Petros
Acolyte of the One

Post by Petros »

Petros entered the confessional and was met with the warm air. Petros like cold air and as he entered and felt the warm stifling air he felt a little uncomfortable. Petros remembered always feeling uncomfortable in confession when he was a child. As a young child his parents would make Petros come to confession and Petros always had to make up sins to confess, but now was not the time for such games. Petros felt as if he had a great weight on his shoulders and although he had been ignoring it up to this point as he sat in the confessional this weight grew and Petros started to cry.

It was not a loud cry but more like a silent weeping with tears running down his face. Petros found it hard to breath and as he spoke it was almost in sobs. "Father, I am a terrible sinner. My sins..." Petros broke into more sobs and could not finish the statement. How could he give a confession if even when thinking about his sins he went into a sob. Petros tried again "My sins are not completely of action, but of mindset, and I feel as if they are worse then some because my sin is directed directly as the Church and at the One Himself." Oh my great One how can my sin be removed must I be self flagellant as Tyrone, must a person hate himself for your love to be shown to them. I do not know if I am worthy of your love or capable of such hatred toward myself. Oh Great one help me. With that thought Petros began to Sob again.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"Tell me of your sins in detail, my child, so that I may properly forgive you." The priests had been taught how to ask, without putting the thoughts of new sins into their followers' minds. It was a difficult thing, to be humble and listen quietly as strangers told you their most personal and shameful of acts.

Listening to the young man beyond the screen the priest could feel his sorrow. "It is through the One's forgiveness that you may find forgiveness in yourself. Come now, take a deep breath, and speak of what you've told no other, and through me you shall have divine freedom of forgiveness." His voice was even and stoic as if Petros' sudden outburst was neither uncommon nor uncalled for. Many cried in the confessional. To the priest, he believed that they meant it more than those who rifled off their sins ready to act on them once again.

The warmth which had been in the small chamber before was elevated by the would-be acolyte's emotions. Heat filled his cheeks and the hot tears that streamed down his cheeks left his head feeling pressured even more so.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Petros
Acolyte of the One

Post by Petros »

Of course the One would forgive him he need only confess. The would-be-acolyte opened his mouth to take in a deep breath as the Priest had suggested. As the air entered his lungs Petros felt a sort of comfort enter his very being. The calmness that was radiating off of the other man was profound. It occurred to the would-be-acolyte that this loving calmness was a gift given from the One and he was very great full for such a gift. Petros still was emotional and still had tears in his eyes but he was able to speak with only a tiny bit of unsteadiness in his voice.

"Yes Father, my sins are not great in number but because of them I feel as if I am anathema. You see father I was an acolyte of this order, but i deserted my training. I left. I was so angry with the Church, i cursed her, I asked the One to split her and to show her no mercy." Petros took a deep breath he had not told anyone of his past loathing of the church and his curse, and it felt necessary to let this go before the One. "I knew that I was called to stay here and to learn and to grow, but in my anger I left. I ignored the One and His church. Then again on the downs I felt as if I should return every day I was gone, but I refused in my stubbornness for two yahren to come back. I let my anger and my sinfulness control me. I did not want the one in my life I did not want his forgiveness I cursed Him, and I blasphemed against Him. " Petros started to sob again here his words become jumbled. "I asked the One to leave me alone, and to my terror he did. Oh Father, please tell me I can be forgiven. I want there to still be time, I have come back to accept the call of the One, but I fear he will not have me. I sin again! I doubt the One's goodness and faith fullness in my own life." The calmness that the the unworthy acolyte had felt earlier had gone from him now. He could not go on his sobs over took him. He had done great evil or so he felt. He only hoped that he could be forgiven. The unworthy acolyte felt so alone he hated this feeling and just wanted to be a part of the church again. If the church did not accept him if the One would not forgive him there was nothing left for Petros, and he felt an overwhelming lack of love as fear took control of his mind.
Last edited by Petros on Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

The clergyman, whos voice sounded achingly familiar to Petros (perhaps from his past in this very church) cut through the warm air with a sympathetic tone. "Dominicus, the Father of mercies has reconciled the world to himself through the ministry of the Church may God give you pardon and peace, and I absolve you from your sins in the name of the Avatar and Dominicus himself." Though there was still no true avatar of the faith (leaving many searching for leadership) they maintained the spirit of the confessional.

"May the One watch your path, son," he continued. "You are welcome to join the ranks of our service again, if you are willing to give up your recent past of sinful ways. Can you make a promise to Dominicus to follow his ways and not return to your dark path to the nether itself?"
Petros
Acolyte of the One

Post by Petros »

The acolyte still had the feeling that he was unworthy to receive the forgiveness that the familiar voice would soon assured him he had received because of his confession. However, he still wondered how forgiveness could be given so simply. I knew the love of the One was and would continue to be great, but this priest seems to be loving and caring as well. The soon-to-be acolyte was moved by such love and although he could not place the voice he was glad that his forgiveness would come from a familiar sounding voice.

As the sound of forgiveness hit his ears Petros again came out of his fear and pain. The unworthy one was forgiven the One was oh so good and Petros wanted to cry out in song. Oh Great One you are my Hope and my song it is by you alone that I walk. My heart belongs to you and the rest of my days I shall put before you to do as you wish. Joy, wondrous joy filled the soon-to-be acolyte as his mind sang praise to the One. For the first time since leaving for the Downs Petros felt as if he was free of his sin.

Petros was about to ask about housing and continuing in the order of the One here when the familiar voice said to him
"You are welcome to join the ranks of our service again, if you are willing to give up your recent past of sinful ways. Can you make a promise to Dominicus to follow his ways and not return to your dark path to the nether itself?"
Again the One provided the made clean acolyte's way before he could even ask. Without having to think about it Petros burst with joy saying "I promise to Dominicus to follow only his path and to sin no more, but I ask Dominicus help and grace for myself in this task. It will be only with his help that I am able to keep such a promise." Petros released a great breath and his tears stoped, but his heart still beat with joy.
Last edited by Petros on Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"Dominicus will help you so long as you search for his aid," the priest said simply - as if it were the most obvious fact on the face of Tazlure. In fact, that's the way he believed it to be, so he said it with the honesty of a mentor to an apprentice.

"Tomorrow - at Trade Tide - return here to the Basilica for assignment and reintroduction into service of the One," he instructed. "You may ask any member of the clergy when you arrive, and they will be able to direct you to the proper place. Do not speak of your previous work for the church - this will be your fresh start. I, with the will of the One to guide me, grant you a clean slate - and with it you shall overcome all odds as long as you follow the true path."
Petros
Acolyte of the One

Post by Petros »

The to-be-again acolyte was excited by the prospect of rejoining the Church. "Thank you, Father, you are most gracious. Father I will return in as you have instructed." Petros was a bit concerned he had entered the city thinking that he would be accepted right in and given a place to stay and food to eat. Now he would have to go and find food to eat and a place to stay. There was always Brother Anistis' offer to stay with him, but He did not know where Anistis lived or how to contact him.

Petros started to rise to leave. "The One be with you Father." Then he stopped. "Father, if i needed to speak with Brother Anistis do you know where I could find him?"
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"His chambers, I imagine," he said. "He is leaving tomorrow, however - some missionary to a parish in Pax - I believe." The priest had heard that much, though he didn't keep a particularly close eye on Anistis, so he wasn't sure of the exact purpose of his being gone for a tenday - only that he would be. "Have faith, my son. Perhaps one of the other acolytes knows which room he is staying in."
Petros
Acolyte of the One

Post by Petros »

The soon to be acolyte was glad to have come to the confessional, but was now ready to go. He wiped the tears from his face, and made the decision to leave this place for now and to return at trade tide as instructed. Petros was some what confused that he had to forget his past training and start anew, but he was willing to do it. The One was calling him back to Himself and Petros' intent was to do as the One wished.

"Father I will go now. I pray that I will see you at trade tide. The One has lead me to you for some reason I hope that our paths cross again. Pray for me please." and with that the soon to be acolyte exited the confessional.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

OOC: Nice RPing everyone! I'm locking this for skilling. Wee.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

SKILLS:
Azure
Conversation: +*
Etiquette: +*

Anistis
Conversation: +*

Petros
NEW SKILL! Conversation: basicc
Pray: +*

Tyrone
Resolve: +*

Return to “KC Archive”